Based Sweeny

Based Sweeny

Attached: fortnite.jpg (1080x1187, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Digital_Extremes#Employment_Standards_Ruling_December_2011
youtu.be/77Y6CIyyBcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine spending a hundred hour week to figure out shopping carts

If you got time to bitch on social media about TRUMP and PRONOUNS...............YOU can do it while putting some hours on the CLOCK!!!! LOL

>reportedly

this is america bozo, if ya dont like it fuck off from here this place is for hard working men only

Capitalism. Don't like it? Go live in the soviet union.

OLD NEWS

>get treated like a average chink worker while working for a chink company
>they complain and want weekends off
They should be sent to a labor camp along with their entire family for this disrespect of a well loved video game company.

Reaganomics ruined America

What exactly do they dev? How hard is it to make new shit skins?

Attached: 1559406975121.jpg (323x182, 28K)

AN,D THAT'S WHY I DRIVE A FORD
----------------------------------------
"May God have mercy on our enemies, because we won't."
US Navy 1972-1973
Reserve Forces 1973-1987
“Second place is just the first loser.” - Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

>according to anonymous sources

this
I thought Fortnite runs pretty much on autopilot by now

I'd much rather die than be a wageslave

Spy on competitors, steal their ideas, look over deviant art and other websites to steal designs of, crunch to implement them on the very next update before that game could kick off, file a lawsuit on a kid, have lunch, do your overtime part job for free by shilling for epic on reddit,Yea Forums and resetera,go to bed after blowing your brains off with a pistol that you were saving your whole yearly salary for

Reminder that every company in America is a corporate pyramid scheme and only the few people at the very top see any of the profit. Developers getting more revenue through less of a store cut doesn't help individual devs at all.

NOOOOOOO HOW WILL I HAVE TIME TO PROTEST DRUMPF NOW?!? QUICK CALL JIM STERLING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1531567053981.jpg (785x731, 101K)

Attached: epic.jpg (1000x640, 164K)

lol, they put them in sacks if they don't work on weekends?

Attached: 1558334883385.png (425x439, 225K)

What the fuck do they have to be working on to be having 100-hour work weeks? The game doesn't have new maps or anything that requires a gross amount of work, are they really just mass producing dance animations and cosmetics?

Attached: 1502895898249.jpg (960x640, 237K)

>violate agreement
>surprised they get the boot
is this the normalfag version of getting banned for saying the n word?

Imagine how much money you get for overtime + weekends working as a developer, I would definitely do that much hours for as long as my body could keep up.

Trumpkino
This is America and if you don't like it, leave

>fuck steam we're going to treat devs better
>no not those ones lmao

I don't play Fortnite but isn't one of the reasons for its success the fact that they actually do change the map for updates? Like having part of the map change for something related to the new update and then at the end of the season or whatever have some big event happen there.

correct

I'm Australian. I get $570 every two weeks in welfare for doing nothing but sitting on my ass playing vidya, Meanwhile American corporate cucks work their lives away to make sure Mr Bernstein has another Ferrari and Yacht.

you dont get overtime if you're a salaried worker. which, i imagine, most of them are.

Yeah, they do updates that change shit like every month, people legit log in to look for Easter eggs and changes and stuff rather than play the game

it's salaried, so literally $0

based boomers

These people are, supposedly, somewhat competent programmers. Why the fuck do they tolerate these working conditions when they could just jump ship to literally any other IT company and score a cushy job where all they have to do is not break stuff?

Is it some meme about being a game dev or whatever?

How much more taxes ought the rich pay?

Attached: taxpiecharts.jpg (300x151, 37K)

>Tax evasion isnt a thing
It's not about taxing the rich more it's about finding the ones who tax evade and sending them to the gallows.

meanwhile the pokemon devs have been on vacation all year and are just now starting to work on sword and shield. why is Japanese work ethic so relaxed?

>he thinks they get paid for overtime
LMAO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Digital_Extremes#Employment_Standards_Ruling_December_2011
EA,ubisoft,Epic and activision have been doing this way longer than 2011

Imagine being a game developer

>get hired by a company because they need additional workforce in order to finish their project
>contract says you work 40h a week
>you actually work 60h a week
>don't get paid overtime because "it's your and your teams fault the project is behind"
>shortly before release of the game the studio goes into crunch OVERDRIVE and you work 100h a week
>burn out
>get fired because you are not in the shape to work anymore
>get hired by a new studio where the whole process begins anew
>can't escape the cycle of suffering because you got student loan debts on your ass and never learned anything besides computers so nobody will hire you for a job which pays as much as this

As far as battle royales go, that's pretty ingenious, and it makes sense that it requires a lot of time, specially since there's always the stress that the next update has to bring in even more players.

Imagine working 100 hour weeks to design costumes for a children's game

Those charts say the top 50% are paying almost all the tax so probably less

Not only are they not getting paid for the effort, these are people who might have families to take care of, personal issues to deal with. Even though I can be a workaholic myself when it comes to working in a company, I'm not a machine that's only meant to make the CEO some money.

>Half of the population is riding for free
Holy shit

The top 20% of income earners pay 84% of the income tax in the US. The rich and the upper middle class already pay the brunt of the tax bill. The bottom 20% of income earners in the US actually pay negative taxes, meaning they get back more than they pay in thanks to things like earned income tax credits.

Source: Congressional Budget Office.

No amount of "loophole" fixing is going to fix the budget or get anyone any more "bennies". Spending has to be addressed.

So long as there's an accountant on planet Earth, rich people will figure out how to not pay a good chunk their income tax, even if the rich do pay for most of the budget income taxes, hurt the poor and middle class the most
Get rid of the income tax and compensate it with production-side taxes like import and export tariffs and an increased sales and vice tax

>to NOT figure out shopping card
fix'd

I wouldn't mind working that much as a video game developer. Working 100+ hours only sucks if you're doing labour and hate your shitty job.

>Unironically sounding like a literal baby boomer

Donald Trump's presidency was a mistake

It's true, and old. There's been an interview with an ex employee. Dude said they pay top dollar and the facilities are great but you need to be there almost all the time and they can call you back in at any time if a problem arises
It's a game that updates weekly with content that almost every other game does every 3 months or more

They design LTMs, weapons, skins and work on things like client support (which is huge when you have a 100m+ playerbase), which are all released weekly while also developing major changes for each season, all without fucking up and creating game breaking bugs (which have happened, so they have to work on that too)

Epic will black list them so hard no real company will hire them

>work at a factory
>work 50 hr a week
>boss wants me to work 12 hours a day for 6 days a week though
>she can't force me to but tries to guilt trip me every week
>don't give a fuck

Attached: dsdsd (2).png (728x544, 299K)

damn.... this shit sucks
if they don't like it they can always work in labor

>tfw that's literally my job
Better to be at the right hand of the devil than in his path

>rich people find loopholes so let's just throw the whole thing out LOL

fuck off

Game devs are doing this to themselves. You know how many people want to be a game dev? I bet 90% of CS graduates secretly wish to get in to gaming industry.
These companies can pick and choose from endless pool of workforce, and some desperate fucks are ready to work for 100 hours and shit pay. This is rarely a problem in other CS fields because non-game dev business is "boring"

No they won't, "blacklisting" is extremely rare and really only happens in cases of extreme NDA breaking, assaulting other employees, etc.

More likely they enjoy the truckloads of money and bonuses they're getting. Also programmers are frequently people that enjoy and thrive on high stress situations. The adrenaline gets addictive, plus you're getting paid great for it.

based tim dabbing on the workers and consumers
stop supporting steam and join the epic team

At least their fraud department works good
>if (gamesPurchasedToday > 4) banUser();

>>boss wants me to work 12 hours a day for 6 days a week though
How is that legal?

How the fuck do you live on 570 a fortnight

highly based dose

Attached: 1547655169378.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Surprised to see PCGamesN making a negative article about Epic Games, they're usually the first to fellate Timmy Boy, alongside PC Gamer.

It's not, management will try anything if they think they can get with it. It's about trying to pick out the people that won't say anything if they can be convinced.

t. Management

>fuck my ass harder daddy
>this is what it means to be personally responsible!

Then don’t take the job? Wtf?

THE DEVELOPERS WILL DECIDE.

What, South Africa is behind this?!

>file a lawsuit on a kid
Didn't that only escalate because his retarded mom basically claimed legal ownership of fortnite in the kids name?

>half the population earns fuck all compared to the other half
holy shit

wow , i mean i understand some ppl want some free time from work , but there are ppl that would gladly work there if the pay is good for how much they work.Guy in charge knows what he's doing , make money till you can , everygame will die one day and i'm pretty sure there will be another big game someday

I see now why he loves chinks so much.
Sweeny is a trailblazer and wants to bring 12/6 to the west.

You really thing Epic isn't petty enough to blacklist their employees just so they find it really hard to find jobs elsewhere? They are the same guys who continuously target one digital Store for no apparent reason, and fuck consumers over just to get an upper hand.

Epic Games is no better than Konami, who, by the way, pulled the blacklisting shit back during MGSV's development, and was making sure that the employers who jumped ship wouldn't get hired by other developers.

Writing spywares takes time user, especially when you need to integrate with shitty chinese frameworks for it.

He lives with his single mother.

The product's big sales pitch as being made and brought to the customer in 48 hours. Due to the ridiculous sales they make, a lot of people purchase the product and now the product can't be delivered in that time. However due to the product being severely overpriced, the company still profits off of late orders by promising customers a "price drop" for being late. So much product is bought that it requires ridiculous hours to even attempt to catch up. The employees at the factory are mostly immigrants who desperately need the money, and thankfully we get overtime pay. But they will constantly guilt trip you into accepting. Also they don't do things like random drug tests, otherwise they will lose most of their employees.

Just googled it, it's true.

>>shortly before release of the game the studio goes into crunch OVERDRIVE and you work 100h a week

nowadays it's more like you go into crunch 3-6 months before release and then you end up having to STAY in crunch after that because someone up high lied about how finished the game was when it shipped and you now have to fix it in post-release patches. but then yeah you get laid off because it's still like 10 months until the next big crunch effort and it's a nice way to save a few dollars until then

It doesn't matter how petty they are, if they tried to blacklist staff for accepting better deals they would become laughing stocks and get saddled with a massive media outrage. Your black and white zoomer morality doesn't work here. The workers only remain because there is something beneficial they are getting from this that outweighs the long hours of unpaid overtime.

It what white farmers all along. Ramaphosa had the right Idea of taking their farms after all.

>somewhat competent programmers
Nah. They probably got a degree in "game development" instead of CS. They're stuck right where they are because they're not real programmers.

As I said, top dollar, excellent work conditions and a lot of prestige goes into your resume (it's not me saying this, it's the ex-employee)
Well good luck to the next big game's longevity because these people release weekly shit at a pace I have never seen

SOUTH AFRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

If you got time to post on Yea Forums then get back to work wagie.

So what happens when you fire someone because he doesn't bent over, are you supposed to gamble that the next employee will be submissive enough (and equally competent) ?

Easy bet. There's hundreds of dorks fresh out of "programming school" tripping over each other to get into the game industry.

There's no point in receiving an above average salary if you have no time to actually enjoy it.

The benefit is having a job. Not everyone can just quit and wait a few weeks (months, years) for a new job. They have bills to pay. Meanwhile how are you ever supposed to go job hunting when you work every waking hour?

Time for Boer War 3

Attached: 1BBBB-British-troops-pulling-up-a-gun.jpg (1200x642, 228K)

>using the Cheney lie
Now let's look at where that income growth over the past 30 years has all gone

Attached: 1549493450744.jpg (750x563, 45K)

>handing in your notice before you have a new position set up
Its not the CEO's fault you have a negative IQ score.

bootstraps lol

That covers the quantity, but what about the quality ?

It's not a job for the rest of your life. Everyone is cashing in for as long as they can while keeping the game alive as long as they can as well
Once fortnite starts declining (which will still take a while) then they will have a good sum of money and some good shit on their resume for their next job. It's one hell of a sacrifice and according to the ex employee he saw people coming and going a lot, but it's worth it

This industry runs on "passion". People who grow up wanting to make games and will accept just about anything for the chance to say that they work in vidya. If one person complains, they can fire without thinking twice because there's a hundred other kids willing to do the job.
It's not like back in the day when companies actually gave out some teaching to the staff, meaning it was easier to keep them happy than having to replace them and teach the new staff all over again. Nowadays you're expected, even at a entry level job, to know the ins and outs of everything.

When will the 100 hour week meme end? It's complete horseshit and nobody actually fucking cares. Your skill set is in demand, get a different job if it's so fucking bad for you.

>It's not a job for the rest of your life
>good shit on their resume for their next job
What am I missing here ?

>just do more traiffs lmao

Attached: 1544764969901.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

Imagine working 100 hours a week just to make crappy skins and constantly update a game that whould get boring in a second if it does not get updated

For one, no they aren't that petty. Everything you mentioned as their bad practices has a financial incentive. There's no motive to attempt to blacklist anyone, it doesn't benefit them. It's not like they have any fear of not having enough employees.

Second, they really don't hold the power to do it in the way you think they do. They can A) make up false information to make an employee unhirable which is illegal and likely will be found out, or B) Tell companies that they're friends with not to hire a person.
In either case, the person can still easily go to one of their competitors or a company that they have no affiliation with.

Finally, I've worked with multiple former Epic employees. They quit Epic, partially due to long hours, and nothing fucking happened. One of them even went back to Epic a year after quitting.
Nothing is as sinister as you think it is.

jap millennial lazyness is the whole reason has never recovered from muh lost decade

>No they won't, "blacklisting" is extremely rare and really only happens in cases of extreme NDA breaking, assaulting other employees, etc.
If you've watched the dev commentary series of the Ratchet and Clank games on Youtube, you'll notice that they keep referring to a rule they made for themselves that they called, if I recall correctly, "don't be an ass".
In one of the episodes they explain what they mean by that. And it was, do not talk about other developers in a negative light under any circumstance, for fear of getting kicked out of the industry. A couple of pals couldn't even joke about someone they worked with way back in 2011, imagine how much worse it is nowadays.

Amusingly, the person they used as an example of who you shouldn't diss was Cliff Bazinga. The man is a punching bag of the internet today, but back when he was in Epic he held a lot of power, apparently. Maybe it's just an Epic thing?

I normally don't condone crunch but maybe it's just a necessary consequence of being part of making the greatest game of our time. It's presumably not something they have to do forever.

And not even get paid overtime

I sell houses as a full time job. Theyre on par with the competition but overpriced as fuck in the region i live, thus not many people can afford. They made a 25% cut off the costs and theyre starting to get sold. Company though, they feel its a loss, although they could cut the price by 66% and still make a profit. Greed is incredibly strong on these people, and will fuck someones economy if they can just to sell you something.

I don't know why game developers put up with that shit. It's not like being a wagie where your options are only shit and more shit.

based

Attached: 2bigger.jpg (1062x1500, 258K)

>it's OK because I'll get to spend all this money on healthcare when I'm 60!
What a sales pitch.

>It's complete horseshit
In what capacity. Are you saying it doesn't happen? Because it very much does, you're just blatantly incorrect.

>and nobody actually fucking cares.
The employees care? Their families care? Other companies that don't work their employees to the point of being ineffective care?
Who is nobody in this context exactly.

And spend the other half piling up crap on a boring and repetitive game that whould feel repetive in a second if it did get constantly updated with major map changes every season , with updates inbetween.

Why cant they just make a good , non repetitive game.

Because the kiddies wont enjoy not having new stuff to play with every 0.5 seconds.

the whole discussion is fucking pathetic, holy shit
the employee is russians denying any wrongdoing in crimea levels of damage control

>claiming the court ruling document is self-research

the other guy is clearly the disgruntled employee, but at least he has some self-respect and provides actual facts

i though wikipedia was decently moderated for stuff like this

the real kicker tho is one paragraph above
>Article reads like an advertisement for the company, i have edited to make it more neutral
>Digital Extremes has reviewed your changes and are fine with them
holy shit, the fucking nerve

Attached: .png (277x271, 4K)

Fuck devs. Fuck off if you hate your job, whiney cunts.

This is true actually, yeah, I can vouch for this.

Game devs are a relatively small circle of people, if you talk shit and act like a cunt you'll get a bad reputation real fast, which is a good way to ACTUALLY get "blacklisted"

he is right.
just learn and go more technical on gpu programming & rendering and you can easily(not easy but ) amazing job at movie / cgi companies / animation companies like Pixar.

Very nice

>Everyone is cashing in for as long as they can while keeping the game alive as long as they can as well
so it's like being a porn star?

That's how you fucking do it.

I would also fire them for drinking that onions crap.

holy shit B A S E D

Who here unironically communist

Attached: commie.jpg (224x225, 15K)

Nah, nobody cares. Pretending you care is a good way to earn good boy points on the internet though. Like I said, if you're actually working 100 weeks, take your highly in demand skill set to some other company that won't expect you to work those hours. But you won't because you're not actually working those hours and this story is just bullshit

game devs ( software devs) can find job easily on anywhere on any company. Lots of areas in software actually touch on their skillset. They can easily get some embedded/autonomous software company and be happy with. Being familiar with C++ and optimization technics would get you free jobs anywhere.

who cares if you got blacklisted from shitty game companies.

the Q is QA stands for fuck Q, who the hell needs quality

>""""devs""""
I think they mean Jr. QA who failed the drug test at McDonald's.

>heh... don't like it? Don't eat.
Why are boomers so retarded?
>t-they could just get another job
Read through this thread to see why that's not possible.

>It's not a job for the rest of your life

They will eventually retire

>Nah, nobody cares.
You're actually fucking retarded, congratulations.

One of my professors in software engineering told the class if you have the skillset to work in game development, don't work in game development. This shit is why.

Attached: 1557690108578.png (1000x1000, 124K)

but then you can't be apart of the most important cultural item in recent history

I'll fight the good fight

posted from my iPhone 9

Attached: 9k=.jpg (201x251, 10K)

Unironically based

>bawww why is the company asking me to work
>I want to shitpost in my basement about DRUMPF instead bawww
ENTITLED

That's true the amount of updates would allow for bugs to come up a lot.

So long as the employees get paid overtime, there is literally nothing wrong with this.

>out with the corporate overlords and in with the central committee
Wow! So many choices!

Devs (as in actual devs, software engineers) can reasonably quit their job at Epic and find something else that's both stable and not crunchy.
Artist and QA chumps don't have that luxury.

why do I get the feeling some of these devs will pretend they're working and play some mobage at the side

Attached: 1561477337653.png (215x304, 79K)

t.

Attached: 1493933592410.png (720x1019, 511K)

This is half true user. While yes, a good software engineer has a lot of job opportunities, they tend to only get offers for positions they already have experience in. It's fairly difficult to move laterally.

And by "blacklisted" I meant specifically having a reputation for being a douchebag, that shit can follow you far and wide. You never know when you're gonna get interviewed by someone you talked shit about.
Though to be fair companies like Microsoft specifically hire douchebags, so there's a place for everyone

>ex employee
>true
it's just people who got fired explaining the company was mean instead of us being incompetent.

Not a single good reason has been given for why they can't just work in any other IT field you dumb zoomer bitch

During football season I troll other schools' forums and always sign my posts with "Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk". Sometimes I troll my own, but I drop the signature then. Been doing it for years.

t. german

Attached: 1562543492489.png (1301x1093, 172K)

>a reputation for being a douchebag
then you could always run for president

Nice counter-argument

Not a zoomer and black listing is very much a thing in this and pretty much every other industry, you fucking drone.

Let's be completely honest here. No one really cares about muh crunch and muh devs, the article is just hilarious because Tim always keeps trying to posture himself as the MUH 12% CUT FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE DEVS kind of guy.

based as fuck

>Sacked because they refused to work weekends
I would be too, boo fucking hoo

Brown hands typed this post, /pol/ will never accept you Juan

>I get to enjoy all this money when I'm in my late fifties and my joints have all given out
>until then, it's more slave labour for me!
Compelling.

very based

Attached: npcmVob.jpg (750x754, 144K)

Their next job will by default be less demanding than fucking fortnite and they will have some cash to spare/save in the meantime
There really aren't that many game breaking bugs, and the ones that pop up are usually patched in a day or two, especially because they also run those million dollar cups and they need the game in top condition for those days
He quit because he couldn't handle the crunch times anymore. If he wanted to talk shit, he wouldn't have said anything about how high the salaries are andhow good the work conditions were

Enjoy being in God's path. Need a reminder on who wins?

>Germany
>White

Attached: SoMald.png (128x128, 28K)

>No one really cares about muh crunch and muh devs
game journalists do. They might stop giving the EGS a free pass and then timmy will be in for it.

this, game development is a cancerous industry

>pretending to give a shit about devs' working condition only to find some other excuse to whine about big baddie Epic

>game journalists mater
LOL

>Game devs should be overpaid and pampered!

Why? Look at AAA games like Anthem by EA - this is a game supposedly by the best in the industry (or at least they're paid that way)

Attached: anthem western 2 devs 2.jpg (1296x2348, 184K)

>w-whiter than you muhammed

Attached: you.png (1200x1200, 54K)

>He quit because he couldn't handle the crunch times anymore. If he wanted to talk shit, he wouldn't have said anything about how high the salaries are andhow good the work conditions were
you are gullible so he bullshited you all the way through. He got fired for delivering garbage and being the origin of the forced extra time. Couldn't handle it because it's one of those pink haired softy communist, and here you are defending it with 0 proof because FEELINGS

Wow Im so impressed

>wasting tens of thousands of hours of collective dev time on Fortnite to please the zoomers

JUST GIVE ME FUCKING UT ALREADY YOU SHITS

I'm not defending shit, you seem overly obsessed with this whole thing

Yes I'm sure accepting a better offer in another fucking industry, something that happens thousands of times a day) will get you black listed you goddamn clown. Fuck off out of this thread if you are too young to even understand what the word means.

the reason big game studio games are pretty shit and incompetently nowadays is because all the veteran talent leaves to join smaller studios or different industries entirely, which leaves only the newbie fuck-ups who can't make it anywhere else. so yeah, game devs should be "overpaid and pampered" if you actually want to see good games.

Based god fuck my bitch

How? The game isn't even that fucking complicated. They must have poo's coding.

Attached: 1452142188467.jpg (327x316, 28K)

>Yes I'm sure accepting a better offer in another fucking industry
What makes you so certain they're handing these out, you utter fucking tard? Most game developers find it almost impossible to transition to other fields once they're in.

"Journalists" like Jewson Schreier whine a lot about so called bad working conditions for devs, but only because they have an innate kike need to shill for unions and left wing bullshit

You never made an augment to counter, you just said "nobody cares" again

hell hath no fury like a game journalist scorned

Imagine having to spend 100 hours a week working on this cancerous piece of shit game

Attached: 78e.jpg (358x361, 27K)

>so yeah, game devs should be "overpaid and pampered" if you actually want to see good games.

Game devs leave studios all the time, I don't think overpaying them results in the good ones staying - I'd argue the parasites would just hang on longer - just look at Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2

>unions are bad

Attached: 1530218880765.png (1507x1155, 203K)

Most game developers find it almost impossible to transition to other fields once they're in.
Maybe the problem isn't black listing and instead that they have fuck all qualifications because surprise, surprise, game development courses in college have about as much fucking worth as media studies do.

i'd argue you are jumping into conclusions to satisfy your own bias - just look at your post

This isn't even remotely true if we're talking about programmers. Designers yes, completely. But people that can code games can land coding jobs virtually anywhere with minimal self-training.

I'm fucking retarded, this is a reply to this.

>I'm fucking retarded
We know.

Sorry if facts bother you - overpaid devs at EA do not produce quality games. In fact, when was the last good EA produced AAA?

he loves being a fucking bootlicker

>all the dev ass kissing over the 30% cut
>also this shit
youtu.be/77Y6CIyyBcI

Yeah I just told you, good reading comprehension

>all these bootlickers
you know they aint gonna make you rich right? you think if you kiss their ass enough they gonna reward you?
get real nigga.

I get paid on average 170k a year as a dev because I'm good at my job

fuck off with your union bullshit you useless lazy zoomer

Attached: 1516762843198.jpg (416x441, 17K)

when was the last time EA treated its employees well

Stay mad, zoomer.

>lying on the internet
why are you doing this bootlicker?

Make me Grandpa

sounds pretty based to me. They put hours in to make sure their product gets updated constantly, and they're the most popular game in the world because of it.

All the time - Bioware literally produced a fuck up shit game like Anthem because EA trusted them to not make up a fucked up shit game.

They treat employees who have meaningful jobs well like devs.
Social media strategists deserve to get fucked.

I seem to be doing an adequate job of that, unlike you in yours.

also, to add on this, the only recent good EA title has been Apex Legends made by Respawn. interestingly, there is no crunch culture over at Respawn and they were able to make the game with minimal corporate meddling from EA's side.

how do those boots taste, corporate shill?

>only the people that trash the company that fired them say the truth
>if you are happy and have a good contract you are a lying nazi

imagine being American in current year

And yet somehow the money has left a hole in your soul big enough that you have to come here and brag about it.

Attached: 1447398335890.gif (750x247, 72K)

t. works at a grocery store part time

Attached: bootlicker.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>they were able to make the game with minimal corporate meddling from EA's side.
lol

Wait what am I shilling for? I legitimately don't know what point of view you think I'm promoting.

>Apex Legends

Apex is a big ol fuckin' flop

Attached: twitch views.jpg (1406x658, 377K)

>working their b*tt off on fortnite paid off big time
>millennial retards on Yea Forums get buttblasted at this fact of life
rly makes u think

Never realized how flimsy of a throne Fortnite was sitting on until now. Which also explains League's incessant rush to updates.

Was Minecraft the only B I G game in the past decade that didn't need to have its devs go on eternal crunch to keep its popularity?

anthem was made by a b-team of interns and fuck-ups under crunch. how can you take an example that defeats your point and try to convince me it actually proves it?

you're shilling for big companies who fuck over their peons because you aren't intelligent enough to see the big picture.

don't worry though, as soon as someone new, who can do the same work as you comes along and they fire your ass, you'll get it then.

I seem to be doing an adequate job of drilling your underage granddaughter

so you don't think it's a good game? have you played it or do you let twitch kids decide what the best game is? if you unironically think league of legends is the best game on the market then you should just end your existence and stop replying to me

You need a constant stream of content to keep people's attention otherwise it's a dedgaem
Minecraft can get away with it because the servers pick up the slack in creating content.

>anthem was made by a b-team of interns and fuck-ups under crunch.

You're thinking of Andromeda

>paid off
Not for the employees, you fucking moron.

just because it was a flop doesn't mean it wasn't a good game, user.

by your logic, Britney Spears was a great musician.

Now this is epic, kek

Attached: 1531365301403.png (348x355, 175K)

>proud pedo
Yikes

>league of legends
>crunch
>ever
Google about Riot game(s) working conditions.

They spend most of their time playing league against each other and there's that one guy whose only full-time job was making one of the character's weapon animations (a weapon which only rotates and nothing else)

What does that have to do with anything? what kind of manchild logic is that?

>working in the gaming industry

My original point was that good game programmers can easily find jobs in other sectors by doing some self-teaching, what the actual fuck does that have to do with shilling for big companies. Big companies can suck my dick.

the enjoyment of minecraft came entirely from the own users creativity, that's why they could get away with a lack of updates for months

I don't play Battle Royale shit, but Apex is trying to compete with Fortnite - a modern age game focused on things like Twitch view eyeballs

Minecraft's tail end is fucking limitless.

Fortnite NEEDS to have continuous updates to stay relevant.
Minecraft overall design as a game will always make it reach a point where the phenomenon becomes self-sustaining.

>work that pays top-tier salary and gives a huge boost to any resume
>"b-but they had to put some work in too abloo bloo bloo"
millennials everyone

Hey it's the bootlicker user. I've seen you in other threads, always using the same word. Don't you get tired of this?

Quiet bootlicker, Mr. Shekelstein needs you to skip your sons birthday next week. No arguing!

>someone made 2x monies, making my 1x monies worthless
Capitalism is not a sport.
Salary and resume won't help you if you burn out at age 30, like most devs do.
Don't you have some corporate cock to be servicing rn?

Modded MC is a thing of autistic beauty.

people wouldn't have to job hop if they weren't constantly getting fucked over

Boomers should be killed.

what, you think everyone who uses "bootlicker" is the same person? kek

Attached: 1559880202128.jpg (222x293, 18K)

We don't disagree on this. Conditions in the games industry are often pretty abysmal, but saying that game programmers can't move to non-games industries is just untrue.

>burn out
code-word for shitty work ethic

>thinks devs get top tier salary
>thinks a name on a resume means shit when they all have thousands of employees all of which are disposable

imagine white knighting for a corporation.

fair enough my man

didn't he also said it's by his own choice and that he did it because it's "out of solidarity with the others"
also he quits on his own instead of getting fired

t. employee of the month

anyone with a little bit of work experience knows that burn out is a real thing.

slackers don't get or believe in burn out, because they're fucking lazy

fake news

>working 20 hour days 5 days a week
doubt.jpg

a week is seven days you fucking nimrod

technically not for the rest of your live , just the best parts of it.

The part where you could have had a girlfirend or aleast try to get one , make male frends along the way , have fun at parties etc. was spend working 100 a week to pile up crap on a otherwise boring and repetitive game with a cancerous community of 12 yr olds that banged your mum and sweaty tryhards only to remove the older crap you worked and spend so much time creating and balancing and tweaking , fixing bugs etc. to make room for newer crap because complexity and depth to a game is bad . because the 12 yr olds wont be able to comprehend a game with more than 25 weapons , but at the same time need a new gimmik every 0.5 seconds so that they wont get burned

You spend 100 a week for like 30 years building a road out of kerosen and watch as the road , that you build behind you burn , you have to keep going... or else.

untill you eventually retire , but you got some kind of mental disorder due to the lack of sleep and you feel so numb it does not matter anymore

Attached: E M P T Y.jpg (600x600, 106K)

it says in the OP they refuse to work weekends you fucking mongoloid

based and dare i say redpilled

Attached: the eternal boomer.jpg.jpg (1023x818, 147K)

>Boomers can operate smartphones now

Attached: 1545884022284.gif (268x215, 728K)

>a week is 7/5 days
>when Sunday is the Lords' Day and doesn't count as a day in the regular week
You're both fucking retarded.

>Lords' day

Attached: 1562995260709.png (326x301, 48K)

are you one of those “thumbs aren’t fingers” kids?

imagine being a wagecuck in 2019

Attached: 1559790656543.jpg (409x367, 12K)

>see the rich paid more taxes with that wealth they exploited from the lower class, which is why we need rich people to fly around in private jets on daddies investments
imagine being a bootlicker lmao, The rich aren't taxed enough and the poor are taxed too much, social mobility and meritocracy is a meme. 1 million dead bootlicking boomers. Eat the rich and deprivatize all their capital fuck them.

If i spend half like 60% of my time alive codling for a game , i whould alteast want to spend that time on a good game

plus, if you are spending 60% of your time working and 33.33% sleeping , leaving you
just 6,66% of time acttualy living your live ,including eating and aquring you food arent you just selling your soul at this point?

Yuck it up, boy. We'll see which one of us is laughing on Independence Day.

Still better than fortnite imo

Youre right, meritocracy has failed if somebody like you isnt in a work camp

hush christcuck

So steamcucks spreading fake news again lmao,sure you work a lot because fortnite is literally the most up to date game in the history of gaming but they get a shitton of money for that.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27-15-31-31-811_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x579, 106K)

>abysmal

>roll out of bed at 10-30 wow traffic looks bad maybe I'll wait until 11 to go into work

>its 1200 user, you coming with us for lunch? We'll only be 90 minutes don't worry about being late for your one meeting today

>3 o'clock rolls around after a hard day of posting on reddit and FaceBerg, snacking on the free snacks and enjoying ice coffee. Wow guess I should check in something then maybe we can go play smash brothers for an hour

>its 6-30 and the catered food just arrived but I think I want to go to the company gym instead, hey put mine in the fridge ok

which game studio did you work at?

Imagine being this delusional.

Acttualy , burnout is when you subcontious cant take it anymore and just makes you feel like shit untill you stop

>Conditions in the games industry are often pretty abysmal

No they're not. Being a sewer diver in India is a pretty abysmal condition. Working in an air-conditioned office without someone whipping you constantly is not abysmal, hell even in the scale of educated occupations in western countries its not near the bad of the scale.

I hope someone finds you and rips out your teeth one by one

>not a single one concrete proof despite """"""reportedly"""""" hundreds of layoffs happening on a daily basis just because they refuse to work 200 hours daily
come on, it's so fucking easy
you're already fired and who wouldn't hire heroic avatars of righteousness under oppression from evil epic empire

Attached: 1466323969242.jpg (600x600, 62K)

it's all relative, man. besides, working that many hours with people constantly shitting on you is still abysmal, even though there are shittier jobs out there

so much for the tolerant left

3 of the ones mentioned ITT

>air-conditioned
lol

Also tf2 , the game kinda died down eventually due to the lack of updates but holy crap subjecting fortnite to a lack of updates for half the time that whould have buried for good

I want to shove my thumbs into your eyes.
I'll hope you drown in your own blood.

>no air-condition

What do you work in India or somewhere as a coder?

most based man on the internet

this, fuck commies

>tfw every job I apply asks that you be able to work mon-fri and be available for weekends "if need be"

Why is America like this?

Attached: IMG_20190616_203256.jpg (1022x731, 69K)

What the fuck do they even do to warrant that schedule? Game looks the fucking same.

the more availability the more they can depend on you

it's a third world country, gotta be in a first world country for worker's rights

But think of those poor shareholders who won't be able to afford the 100 million dollar mansion and have to settle with 70 million dollar mansion. Your soul is a small price to pay for their happiness.

>its all relative man
he literally mentioned that. Computer desk work is ridiculously cushy even if you ignore 3rd world nations.
>people constantly shitting on you
and people constantly sucking you off for every thing you do.
6 hours of physical labor far outweighs any amount of time spent being a codemonkey.

Look can we just all accept that work places are not bad because the job is bad or scheduling is bad. Its bad because companies hire useless shits due to diversity quotas who end up shitting up every single job and everyone else has to do their work plus deal with the constant harrassement that these mental cases bring to the working environment.

I have literally never had a job ask that

are you a falseflagging yuropoor or something?

> subjecting fortnite to a lack of updates for half the time that whould have buried for good
Would it really? I don't follow fortnite at all and all of my information on the game comes from my younger cousins who have straight up yelled "fortnite dance" mid family meal and started flossing, the main appeal the game seems to have is that it's free, relatively easy to run, has crossplatform and "all my friends are playing it".

Wake up at 3 in the morning.
Work starts at 8.
End at 5.
Go home and sleep at 9.

Living the dream.

t.muhammed

Attached: yuroshitt.jpg (1333x1246, 420K)

>cant grasp the concept that mental work is extremely taxing

brainlets everyone.

never applied to a job in the usa?

All the female and pajeet heavy roles need to be axed from companies, it will be better for everybody

why do you wake up 5 hours before work?

Yes. Without a single doubt.

In fact we already saw the effects of update negligence to one of it's competitors. APEX had all the potential in the world but completely flubbed the post-release updates.

??? did you have an argument or were you just going to post memes?

i'm not that dude, but i'm ok with the memes.

It's free time.

Its not. I do research work and its entirely relaxing.
Furthermore, shitty cali tech startups are nowhere near mentally challenging in the first place

Quit replying to your own post

I've had about 8 jobs over the last 12 years ranging from busing to sales to office work and have literally never had anyone ask if I was available on weekends
>other then bartending but duh

god damn does that hit close to home.

Attached: 1560116367688.png (1131x1080, 362K)

60-70% of jobs in the usa are service sector and 98% in that category requires weekends. you're in the lucky minority.

Yep. Life is grand.

I've looked at like 100 job postings a couple days ago and done like 5 pre screenings this week and they almost all ask for "flexibility" in schedule

based boomer

Poof all the boomers disappear
But now all that’s left are zoomers
Everyone freaks out some zoomers try drive to the grocery store on their fidget spinners others eat tide pods for sustenance. One zoomer emerges and builds a fortnite shack, others copy them then the war comes. The victors all start to floss dance on the corpses of the losers

But only Trump fans bitch about pronouns because they only have the brain capacity for he and she.

This is no different than that thot's bath water. It wouldn't be an issue if people weren't retarded.
So long as people are willing to work under those conditions for no extra pay the companies will take it. They should just fucking stop accepting it.

And don't give me that, "they don't have any other choice" bullshit. If you can code well you can get much easier jobs that pay more, it's just business crap instead of game dev

based booklickers

>is he talking about the "mount" in fortnite?
>is he talking about the e-commerce function in the store?
Actually made me think.

Attached: 1557657298619.jpg (640x640, 84K)

Funny bigots are the best bigots.

Attached: 1560128197003s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>Don't have a social life anymore because of work. Haven't seen my family in months because I work 6 days every other week with very little notice.
At this point what am I working for? Just to work? What's the point in making money if I don't have the time to do anything with it?

Attached: loss.png (968x742, 898K)

If you ever work more than your agreed on 9 hours a day, you are in fact a cuck

Attached: dab.gif (612x612, 434K)

HELLO FORTNITE
GAME DEVELOPER
LET ME THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
YOU WORK A 100 HOUR WEEK FOR A LIVIN'
JUST TO SEND IT ON DOWN THE LINE

Attached: ss (2019-07-13 at 12.54.37).jpg (1022x765, 94K)

I know a guy who now prefers to work retail instead of game dev

Doesn't this mean you have every other week off? Also its kind of the normality that you don't see your family except on certain occasions.

do these tards even realize that they'd be the first on the chopping block once communists come to power? Degeneracy like that wasn't tolerated in the ussr

Attached: unknown (1).png (254x300, 124K)

No it means every other week I work 5 days instead of 6.

Imagine being a bunch of fucking idiots who refuse to unionize and fight for better everything. Game devs deserve the environment they are in

>American workers rights are regressing back to how they were at the turn of the century
Funny thing is "patriots" will defend it as they believe unions and rights are for commies.

> 100 hour work weeks for making new skins

What the fuck are they doing, are they high?

It'll be defended regardless of your /pol/ faggotry because there's more "merit" involved in "hard work" and it's really easy just to call someone lazy for not working themselves to death.

We live in the Guilt era.

Amertica is largely 1920s Britain politically

You even have exactly the same arguments about universal healthcare etc and if anyone ever looked at a history book they'd see you can literally even see which arguments were right and wrong that they are making today

'strewth

How long before the Pinkertons come back to stop Epic employees from complaining?

Attached: list-pinkerton-private-eye-2.jpg (1200x900, 222K)

its intentional, people usually buy one game at a time so not having a cart means no second guessing purchases before checking out. (same reason amazon 1 click buy is a thing)

>90% of the population makes $0
you expect me to believe this?

Unions are necessarily retarded. Even if you ignore criminal behavior, the loss of productivity etc. they cannot benefit all industries. If a union achieves it's goal of raising the wages or working conditions of works in industry A, then it raises the cost of employment in that industry, and some people are either fired or hiring is reduced. These people who are now not working in industry A will seek work in Industries B & C and increase the supply of labor in those other industries. This will suppress the wages and working conditions in industries B & C.

So then B&C unionize. The goal is to unionize everything so that employers have no choice, there's no labor available that won't demand things.

this post exemplifies why we need to invest more in public education

>wanted to get into game industry
>studied CS
>got involved in seminares and all sorts of other parts of the industry
>quickly realized how shit the vidya industry is
>went with a real IT-job instead
>making great money, great benefits, and not a single hour of overtime

dodged that fucking bullet

Attached: 1548445911850.png (1293x1293, 1.61M)

same boat my fellow IT dude

>i-it’s intentional guys haha

Why during football season and if you've been doing it for years I think you may have a learning disability

Unironically based and redpilled

You're kinda lucky on the overtime front, but usually people are well compensated for that. Anyway the actual programmers behind games aren't the ones this is happening to. It's the Fortnite devs, meaning shitty artists and designers. The unreal engine coders are very well compensated.

>So long as the employees get paid overtime, there is literally nothing wrong with this.

So you would be okay with people literally working 24 hours/day?

If they start working less hours the competition will catch up and fortnite will die.

>fortnite
>quality

They almost never are.
You're not even remotely required to pay overtime for salaried workers, as they have no set hours.

>all these retards who have never been near a development environment
It actually makes me angry reading posts like the tard who said "DURRR fortnite is a simple game so develubmint is EZ!" Nigger, theres a lot that goes into developing any software. There's design, development, testing, production, database management, and on top of all that, CONSTANT updates and hot fixes are being deployed because Fortnite is a live service. It's not like a car where you build it, ship it off, and then never see it again. Back in 1980-2005? Sure. Nowadays, things have changed for the worse

>sitting in front a computer is hard
imagine this guy having to go through a real job

Empirical evidence of unions shows that high unionization is a net positive to workers

idk, the seniors and specialists perhaps, definately the Unreal engine specialists. But not the mid-entry level code monkeys and scripters.

i dont give a fuck about "muh productivity," i just want money and the more money i get, the better

blessed thread
I wish every thread on Yea Forums was like this

Attached: 1527182423104.png (257x257, 8K)

>chinkertons

>has never actually had a "real" job before
>acts like he is a construction worker/coal miner in the early 1900s

Don't forget my personal favorite, "it", which best suits you freaks

Attached: 1562797599302.jpg (1024x1006, 73K)

>Reportedly

Why do retarded Yea Forums users still fall for this clickbait bullshit.

THIS JUST IN, EPIC REPORTEDLY FORCED FORTNITE DEVS TO USE ANAL PLUGS TO KEEP AWAKE DURING 8 HOUR (with 30 minute break for lunch) SHIFTS!

Based

Isn't there legal recourse for being wrongfully terminated, anyway?

Or is that not a thing in America

If you don't have the money to defend your rights from your employer you basically don't have rights.

lol what a fag. He really cares about the devs, huh.

Corporations have more rights than humans in the USA.
they have ran campaigns for decades getting people to think of corporations as their friends and REAL americans. just think about what i said when watching commercials.

this. money talks

Based as fuck

Yeah but that level of crunch doesn't solve anything. Coders only have like 4-6 productive hours in the day, all those extra hours are going to nothing but creating a massive shitpile, I guarantee it. Why do you think Epic has trouble creating a fucking shopping cart, something a low-tier webdev could bang out in less than a week?

Sounds like my job right now

Autists are willing to slave their lives for something out of compassion. Normies can't compete so they come crying to the government and use the state's monopoly on violence to coerce others into giving them what they want.
God i hate normies.

holy dumbfucking retard batman

I don't think boomers had to work this hard to make a living

cavemen could literally outsmart that chode

Imagine subjecting yourself to that climate so tens of thousands of little fuck trophies can be entertained.

>working on your days off
>not going home after your designated shift ends
not even when my job "mandates" people can they force people to stay. Sorry, but people have shit that happens outside of work that's more important and only the most cucked faggots take it.

Attached: fenneko laugh.gif (478x319, 205K)

There is but good luck affording a lawyer