Is it very similar to Dark Souls?

Attached: 220px-Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (220x260, 19K)

Yes, but better

No Dark Souls is similar to it

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 9K)

Instead of having a connected world it's basically level-based.
It's more "experimental" but is also less polished generally as a result.
In any event it's worth playing at least once.

Closer to Dark Souls 2

It's closer to Dark Souls 3

/thread

This. DS is closer to Denib's than it is to the other games.

almost everything people think was really cool and original about dark souls was actually just directly stolen from demons right down to the NPC's and many bosses

all DS1 can argue for it is estus and the interconnected world and generally having more Stuff

It's comfier.

Yes but faster and separate levels rather than a semi-open world. It's great if you can accept the low budget jank

It's nothing like DS2. Animations are almost identical to DS1's, not the floaty mocap garbage of 2

>It's great if you can accept the low budget jank
demon souls has a bigger budget and more polish than dark because it they got sony money and first party devs helping out instead of having to be a self made game on two consoles

It's closer to armored core

I couldnt get past the first stage
fukk this game

fpbp
op you'll be surprised how many things in demons souls are just so smoother and more interesting compared to dark souls
and items made sense and weren't just weird shit like charcoal resin

First party funding doesn't mean the budget was huge. Sony had no faith in it and expected it to be a commercial failure. They couldn't even afford real instruments for the soundtrack, it's all shitty midi

it's closer to king's field

Demon's Souls is the Bloodborne of King's Field.

They just changed the name, because of legal shit. Dark Souls is basically Demons Souls 2 mein Neger.

the main problem with demon souls is that world tendency doesn't make any sense and no longer exists since the servers went down & the only healing item is a farmable consumable, meaning the game can either be very punishing or braindead depending on how long you're willing to grind/get lucky on drops

It's almost like From had to rush Demons Souls and beg Bamdai, Sony and Atlus to get it released at all.

>stolen
It's not like DaS is a successor to DeS after all.

This, no need to explain anything else. DeS feels rather crude when compared to DaS, but it's completely logical.

> smoother and more interesting compared to dark souls
i played it to platinum and haven't noticed any of that.

Discovering the world of DaS was far more intriguing and interesting for me, because it had optional areas it didn't want you to reach and bosses you weren't "supposed" to fight.

Not once did I feel any impact in DeS except in Latria. Everything else felt like a gauntlet you needed to clear.
DaS on the other hand was full of mysteries, I wanted to know what Seath was up to, what the fuck happened to Anor Londo, what the fuck went wrong with New Londo, Why is Sif fighting me? where's Artorias, Ciaran?
DaS felt like I was part of a messed up world that didn't want to share its darkest secrets. DeS felt like a huge mission to open up 1-4 and get to the king and deal with him once and for all.

Attached: 1553826495802.jpg (691x625, 236K)

It's better, because it has separate levels as opposed to a Metroidvania world.

>didn't feel impact on 5-3
>didn't get curious about DeS's world
Leave right now, you retard.

Flamelurker rules your arse. 1-3 is one of the best things Miyazaki ever did

Attached: 30tD9_d.jpg (640x360, 14K)

True

FPBP

Yeah, but it's definitely got a lot of unique things going for it.

If you're a fan of the series it's an absolute must-play.

not sure what to be curious about, and DaS lore significantly got more attention than DeS shows I haven't missed much.
Maiden Astraea lore was ok, nothing really compared to Allant

Isn't that 2-3?

If your favourite DaS isn't 1 you won't like this one either

fpbp

Attached: Evergrace.png (220x312, 139K)

>a game more popular got more attention to lore
Oh wow, what a suprise. Also, just because more people pay attention to DaS doesn't mean it's superior to DeS. You're making an argumentum ad populum, you underage pleb, this is basic stuff.
>Maiden Astraea lore was ok
I was addressing the emotional impact, not the lore one.

yes

you're right, i wasn't indifferent to her, I guess she was the original "boss that makes you feel pity for them" that became a staple of Miyazaki games. She should have had more build up, like Laurence in Bloodborne.

Flamelurker is 2-2 I think. 2-3 is Dragon God.

I was referring to Tower Knight Archstone

Attached: cJRGN_d.jpg (640x360, 14K)

Oh right, I forgot that Boletarian Palace was the only one with 4.

There's an actual story in Demon's Souls that's explained directly to you, so that's a little different.

Other than that, the game play feels almost identical, except instead of one giant interconnected world, you have 5 different areas to explore and one central hub area to go to those levels.

There are so many good levels in Demons Souls. I don't care that it doesn't have the inter-connectivity of Dark Souls. Makes the levels feel tighter and I love that they're all strung together within their worlds.

>1-2
>2-2
>3-1
>the whole of 4
>5-3

There's some incredibly good level design in Demons Souls.

demon's souls and dark souls 1 are almost the same game with various little things making them still very different. this is also why des and das1 are still the best souls games.

>the whole of 4
I beg to differ. 4-2 was pretty weak and the worst level in the game (5-1 being a close second).

the one I hate the most is where you go through a giant poison cave full of Depraved Ones, not 5-1 I think, maybe 5-2. You get the moonlight sword, but if you go there to fight the NPC lady you're gonn have a bad time, she can actually dodge in the swamp while you can't.

Nah it was cool. You only don't like it because there's no shortcuts to the boss. It's a level you just need to get good at.
But I just love the design of world 4 as a whole. Starting at the top of the island and working your way right through it and down was immense.

You're thinking of 5-2, but that level redeems itself after you pass the giant swamp area (after that you have a smaller swamp area that's fun to explore and a really great ruined village near the end).

It's not about the lack of shortcuts, it's about how barebones the whole level is. It's really linear (compare it to other stages which have way more exploration, especially 4-1, the stage that comes before it) and boring. The only fun section is the one near the end, which has that snail pool you can explore.
I love the design of World 4 as well. 4-1 is a real masterpiece of design, only 3-1 manages to top it. Jesus, I wish I could experience DeS for the first time again. I'm starting Bloodborne soon as I finally bought a PS4 (just for it basically, but I'll try out some other exclusives as well). I heard it's more similar to DeS in design than to the Dark Souls games, so I have high hopes.

3-2 (or 3-3?) was another favorite of mine, it's the most vertical level in the game I believe and has you actually unlocking all sorts of shortcuts, and that "heart" in the middle was creepy af

bloodborne is an 8/10 but the DLC brings it to a strong 9, it mostly fixes the game's critical flaw (low weapon count)

Where can I find a good download for this to emulate? I want to play it but I'm not buying a ps3 just for it.

>like Laurence in Bloodborne

checkout /emugen/ on /vg/
they have a wiki with sources where you can find ROM sites per hardware

Laurence got actual mentions by NPCs and in a cutscene,
Unless i'm mistaken, Ludwig/Maria got way less mentions than Laurence in the base game, if not none

Bloodborne is a fantastic ride but unfortunately doesn't top Demons for me personally.

Dark Souls feels like a mishmash of different fantasy elements while Demon's Souls feels more connected and fleshed out. At the end of Demon's Souls you know why everything is happening though in Dark Souls you don't even know why the undead curse is a thing. It's not until the third game you figure out that Gwyn linked humans to the Age of Fire and created the undead curse to have someone serve as fuel to continue it. Though correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached: 1546130046075m.jpg (1024x576, 75K)

bruh

Did you not read the item descriptions for the church weapons and Yharnam Hunter set? They literally talk about him like he's the Artorias of Bloodborne you even hear Gerhman talk about him in the dream.

Attached: dark_souls_trained_us_well___BzoELRFnqd5___.jpg (1080x1069, 97K)

>polished
Anything after Anor Lando.
Yeah, whatever, bud.

Attached: 1505234927246.gif (202x360, 1.84M)