Hurricane Comfy thread

What are some good vidya to play during a hurricane, Yea Forums?

Attached: barry.png (966x887, 1.6M)

Nobody near me was open to sell me iced coffee, but I did manage to get a chicken biscuit from Burger King. Better biscuit than chicken, but not bad overall. As for vidya, just play whatever you enjoy.

haha, dip it all in mashed potatoes

Louisiana thread?
Baton Rouge reporting in. Waiting on this "oh so scary" storm to finally make landfall.
Buncha pussies, I swear!

Attached: louisiana.jpg (1600x1200, 311K)

It's boring so far. I doesn't even sound like it's raining outside. Gay.

Lafayette reporting in. Just a lil bit of rain, seeing some sun. Just waiting.

Abbeville here. It hasn't rained a fucking lick since early this morning and Walmart is closed for this shit. I just want to by Mario Maker 2 damn

so all the air is getting sucked into the middle? how does it constantly suck in air without getting filled up?

Force the automatic doors open yourself and use the cash register yourself

>another reason for louisiana niggers to come to houston

god dammit all, fuck those people

Hmm. Seems a bit suss

Attached: hmm.jpg (155x197, 7K)

It's very tempting. I don't wanna leave my house just to see if GameStop is closed or not.

>jeff isn't down there
must be really bad then

there's less air in the middle ackshually. it's an area of low pressure which causes the sea to rise which causes storm surge. lower the pressure the higher the surge.

Opelousas here, its the afternoon and we haven't got a single drop of rain. Just glad I got the day off to shitpost, fap, and play fighting games all day.

Attached: 1557416967749.jpg (800x534, 77K)

Ayyyyyyyy!
Yeah, all of Baton Rouge is shut down, I was real lazy last night and didn't get any beer... So no hurricane drinkin' for me, boys.

Attached: TinRoof_Blonde_web.jpg (547x800, 424K)

made sure I got a fifth of rum, im good for the weekend

Good stuff. Any good swimming Mario Maker levels I could play in the mean time?

Attached: winrar.png (1901x958, 39K)

What expression is Gov. Edwards trying to convey with this face?

Attached: edwards.png (216x298, 54K)

dis aint no boil wtf

WENEEDTOMAKESUREEVERYONEHASPLENTYOFFOODANDWATERFORTHEWEEKEND
GO TIGERS!

Attached: homeiswhereyoumakeit.jpg (620x320, 24K)

peak 'siana right here

Florida-user here, having any fun?

Attached: Just Some Beautiful Thighs - (Vanessa_Amore).jpg (1350x1014, 95K)

Hurricanes must be terrifying. I hope you're all safe.

I hope you guys got swept away.

Attached: 1509682866865.png (600x337, 323K)

Hurricanes are a complete nothingburger until you get to the Category 4-5s. Hurricane Barry, a Category 1, is fucking nothing.

t. Floridabro who didn't evac for Irma

No, so far this storm is total WEAK SAUCE. Hopefully we see some real shit soon.
They're alright. If you're born and raised in Louisiana, and not some transplant-faggot, it's a way of life down here. You deal with it.
>this faggot thinks a pussy ass tropical storm will sweep Cajuns away.
:^)

Pensacola here, hopefully it'll get us next time.

>weekend off got canceled because of this thing and it's not even raining or windy right now

Attached: 1543152897649.gif (421x389, 1021K)

They're saying all the snowmelt and a hurricane at the same time is gonna flood the levies
Good luck down there

Fair enough. I'm from the UK, so a light breeze and we all lose our shit.

Me too, near Sherwood.

Lafayette reporting in. Waiting for something to actually happen.

This man speaks the truth. The real travesty is the fact that I DID find an open gas station to get beer last minute... but all they have is corporate shit and no local brews. Not even Abita.
Oh well, I guess it's Miller Time™

Attached: 20181214_131852.jpg (1500x843, 425K)

are you in southern or northern florida

lmao
not today :^)

You'd honestly be surprised, it's quite easy to be relatively close to one and be safe
A lot of tree cover in the area in and around you mixed with hills can drastically reduce wind speed, it's why you always see people say shit about how nothing's happened
Back in like 2015 massachusetts got hit by one and it was hyped to shit but nothing happened other than light rains
then we lost power for like six days

>Near Sherwood
m...me too

Attached: 1542067069266.jpg (616x406, 41K)

Another Floridafag here
>tfw Michael was the third-worst hurricane to ever hit US in recorded history
>first recorded cat 5 on touchdown
>wait MONTHS and MONTHS for Congress to send aid
>some Congressmen even voted against it
what a fucking shithole country we live in

Yeah right faggot, it'll rain for a whopping ONE (1) HOUR or half an hour like it's been doing most of the week

Just let me hope that one day this city will be wiped off the face of the Earth

That's a good beer, Paw Paw. *kicks your beer out of your hand*

>wanting the nation's oldest city to be wiped away
Strive for greater heights. The entire world needs to burn. The two of us with our collective energy and close proximity can make this happen if we will it hard enough.

You guys should hang out

Attached: 1469931333401.png (302x237, 4K)

You're not wrong desu

>not getting trapped in somewhere with some friends and whiskey and board games

That sounds gay.

It can be if you want :)

>will always be better than Mississippi

f-fuck off

Attached: 1507865403185.gif (647x363, 624K)

As a Floridafag I miss hurricanes.

>have to work because there's a hurricane
what did he mean by this

clearly that user is essential personnel that requires to be working in the event of a natural disaster

Southern. I stayed home watching the gusts through my windows and heard the wind howling. Comfy as fuck desu.

Florida fag here. Might be coming over to help you guys soon, getting paid for it. So please becareful.

thats pretty based

Metairie reporting in. I've been playing SMT:SJ in the comfort of my own bed with my two dogs. This has been a rather boring storm otherwise.

I’m not gonna walk out into a hurricane bro

how many of you guys are niggers

>live in northern new Orleans close to bourbon street
>my street is a bowl
Fuck gamers i might flood.

Floridaman reporting in. Enjoy your day of light rain and wind.

Attached: Big Boss smile3.jpg (157x204, 10K)

jelly as fuck

Central Floridafag here. Irma summoned a tornado, and it tore off all of my shingles. Otherwise, I only lost power for like a day.

Attached: Dog eating bagel.jpg (1992x1121, 427K)

*dabs on every bland food ever*

Attached: 5405FC71-3009-42BB-A4CA-EE97EA2713D7.jpg (346x450, 26K)

how the fuck do you guys live with those prehistoric monsters infesting the land around you

if you're miromar, hiring drunk hicks to clear out the lake with guns

>He doesn't own trained gators that fend the homes from meth heads.
They're pretty nice animals, as long as you don't fuck with their territory during certain times of the year.

Attached: Dogs.jpg (1992x1121, 315K)

>might
Remember last Thursday?

You are definitely going to flood if it rains anything like it did that day.

FUCK thankfully my neighbor is a chad and lets me chill there if it gets TOO bad.

>still no rain

Yeah nice """hurricane""" you got there.

Attached: [Nii-sama] Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic 11.mkv_snapshot_04.31_[2017.11.15_16.28.20] (2).jpg (803x957, 88K)

>amerimutts/amerisharts
how does it feel knowing your streets have officially been announced that they have been become more DESIGNATED than india or any other third world country and that there's a map for it

get out here Muhammad, this doesn’t concern you

I’m moving to Louisiana in autumn to live with my extended family. My dad moved to California before I was born and I only lived in Los Angeles. How is it Yea Forums? How do I reconnect to my Cajun ancestry?

what? that's a weather map bro. if you're talking about san fran, that's just san fran. it's run by hippies who actively prevent their public servants from doing their jobs, despite taking in more tax revenue than any other state.

My motherfucking nigga; Jackson, MS, though. No rain at all yet.

Attached: BD6F2330-96D2-42D7-89D1-707C851AABD5.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

Enjoy a cheap cost of living, intense heat, and good food.

This shit reminds me of the cat 1 from last year, literally nothing fucking happened. Media sensationalizes the shit out of everything.

Humidity, best food in the nation, terrible roads and infrastructure, humidity, hurricane & parade seasons, great hunting and fishing, cheap cost of living, and humidity. Also crime and coonery.

Attached: F77C10E1-15A6-4F53-A87A-143DA87D890B.jpg (750x1014, 430K)

It's going to be a bit of a culture shock. People are a lot more open and friendly, but a lot more people are living pretty frugally too. Mosquitoes are a bitch, the heat never lets up for 3/4 of the year, and sometimes it feels like you might as well swim through the air because of how humid it is. People are more or less just as dumb in California.

>Unironically living in Mississippi
Feel sorry for you bro

New Orleans here, I lost my love for vidya years ago and can only play rocket league.

I did do some Slap City with the wife tho. And Im going to try and get her to do Portal 2 later. We also played that furniture assembly simulator for a bit. Mostly we are just watching Part 5 JoJo.

Who Dat

Attached: CGM.png (1125x1037, 1.09M)

Mississippi Tupelo-fag here. They're saying we're going to be getting some isolated tornados, but nothing serious up my way.

Attached: 10620582_797093787007407_6811825928474293851_n.jpg (960x720, 65K)

weee a storm weeee cry me a river
no one cares mutts

>ah you know, just some isolated tornadoes, no biggie

goddamn I'm glad I live in appalachia in the middle of a bunch of mountains. good luck mississippbro, you guys are braver than i.

Hope all of you fat Southern fuck die by drowning. I really do.

I dont know how the fuck you do it
I used to live in south carolina and that shit was a hellhole, but we didnt get hurricanes
But you decide to live in a hellhole that does get hurricanes?
Masochism.
Move to a better state

We're gonna be fine. We're recording a podcast to pass the time.

>another new orleans bro
Enjoy some beignets for me.
>slap city
Amazing taste in vidya.

Attached: 1503113633950.jpg (211x290, 11K)

The salaries here aren't high enough to afford moving. The only way anyone can get out of this state is by pooling all of your money like a fucking convoy with like 9 people

i feel sorry for me too

We can feel sorry together fellow Mississippi-fag

Just play subnautica IRL. Why else would they build a city below sea level like that?

>americans getting me all excited for them getting literally btfo'd out
>it's only some poor people who don't even post on Yea Forums who die if anyone at all
Stop this will you.

Attached: 1536764180364.png (204x208, 33K)

We're excited because we got the day off

>Americans getting blown out
>one small area that likely isn't even 1% of our total land mass

Its Saturday

Arkansas here, we might get the leftovers

Madison MS here, the rains pretty comfy

All we can hope for is another Deepwater Horizon. Hope you guys enjoyed all that free oil by the way, I hear you're fond of the stuff.

>people don't work on Saturday

Metairie here. Literally just waiting for any rain. 3 days ago it was flooding and tornadoing but now there's nothing. Mostly playing BotW.

I'm thinking about buying builders 2. If I charge my portable battery pack I should be good for a day or two.

I'm hoping they're wrong about the amite predictions because 41 feet is exactly enough for me to get about a foot of water in the house. If it ends up at like 40 I'll be fine.

Attached: 1537105221151.png (966x887, 1.91M)

Barry is only a cat 1, but it's moving slow as fuck and all the rain is in his asshole. Which is bad for rivers. Come monday/tuesday many of them are gonna crest past flood stages. It won't be as bad as 2016's flash floods but it wont be much different either.

Oak Hollow Boomer reporting in.

Lets hang out fags, denham here.

Are you going to fuck it like last time?

Attached: 1549383658064.png (1000x788, 725K)

Metairie here. Last night was dead silent. No flooding or anything.

Attached: giphy.gif (426x213, 883K)

sucks to be american huh

fuck now I'm remembering all that megathicc r34 of Irma

Gators are pretty based. Dont be a dumbass and antagonize them. They like to pop up on land from time to time just to chill out.

There's no outer rain bands for some reason. Barry's hording his rain for a big dump on the southern side

Yeah, i wasnt expecting anything. I guess we havent had an active hurricane season in so long that people forgot how bad hurricanes can be. Gustav in 08 was one of the worst for Baton Rouge. A tree in every house, and no power for almost 2 and a half weeks.

it's still a fuckton of rain.

I know because I have been in several Cat 1 & 2's myself when I lived in NC

>not making your coffee at home

Pleb

Yeah but what does that have to do with the hurricane.

was hoping for a bit more excitement but this has been a pretty boring storm. when is something gonna happen?

>live in pennsylvania
>no hurricanes or blizzards
It just snows a lot in Winter and is hot in Summer.

Attached: threshold-of-revelation-william-stoneham.jpg (695x900, 115K)

>news channel has heavy opera music with flooding footage
lol

where you at PA bro? it's fucking hot and dry as shit out here in 717.

Attached: PA konstitution.png (1556x860, 1.61M)

Fucking sucks out here too, dry as shit and hot as hell.

Attached: D54T3hsX4AA0Fi7.jpg (680x680, 40K)

>another opelousas bro on Yea Forums
based

I don't know how you southerners survive in that moist ass heat. I'm a commiefornian and even dry heats are agonizing.

Attached: NervousManSweating[1].jpg (343x317, 60K)

Stay inside a lot. Take me back to California with you.

Gators are not crocodiles. Gators are much more chill overall. Doesn't mean you should be stupid around them either.

I'm lucky and got some sweet north african genes, so heat's no issue to me.
Also air conditioning is unironically the greatest human invention of them all.

Attached: rock the casbah.gif (445x325, 259K)

No, fuck off
I live in LA county where the tax is 10 fucking percent, there's traffic everywhere, and everyone's a libtard
even me

user pls, you have no idea what being a libtard is like in Mississippi

>Can't stand the heat, jump in the flames

Bros I found an oppussm in my outside shed should I try an evict him now or later?

So, is this shit supposed to get interesting at all? I'm in New Orleans, and I've barely even seen rain today.

Can't stand the boiling pot of water. I prefer the skillet.

Why did you faggots even come to the south? Leave.

Shreveport here. The most I'll get is some light rain. A friend of mine lives down in southern Louisiana though. Hope you guys are staying safe and comfy!

Cost of living.

???
The south has more fags than the north.

During hurricane maria i played Persona 4 golden on hard, Pokemon Moon, and Monster Hunter Stories. I also finished the first two Dune books. I had a solar usb powered battery thing which i recommend you all should have regardless. Stay safe kings

Attached: eAGlHnC.png (225x350, 140K)

>bragging about playing persona 4
>solar usb
>complete darkness
Dumb Satania poster

how does light work

>satania hater doesn't understand solar energy

A battery (capacitor) which converts solar energy into electrical energy in the form of alternating current, which also has a USB port so you can charge shit. It's quite elementary.

Attached: JPEG_20190712_215233.png (560x560, 311K)

I'm kind of a Libtard. I'm in Mississippi

Attached: POLITICAL COMPASS JULY 2019.png (501x590, 25K)

ok fine, you can come over, but if the Big One hits, you're paying for the tape we're gonna use to put the San Andreas fault together

K

10% sales tax or property or what? Lousiana has 10-11% sales tax everywhere

also baton rouge, just ate some meat pies, now im watching dota and shitposting. i move to new orleans next week though

baton rouge is 50ft above sea level, it sits on a bluff, retard.

sherwood is ghetto now, get out while you can still can. white flight is real.

Tornados are way worse. You're just sitting around and in less than an hour a tornado hits the ground and destroys your entire house. Hurricanes you get all this warning to board up windows or place sandbags. Only people who need to worry are the actual retards who decided the wanted to live under the sea level right next to the big wall holding it all back.

How do you feel about Shenandoah?

Dark souls: Prepare to die Edition

white middle class, i would only live there if I had a family and couldn't afford to live in a nicer area, id choose shenandoah over LP or AP though.

It was fucking miserable this past week too, rain off and on and off and on

Slidell /fit/izen here, just working at front desk at my gym while hell breaks lose outside.

Attached: large-common clown.jpg (900x586, 63K)