Smash Bros 6: Reboot Thread

Here’s your rebooted roster, bros.

Attached: AD6F599C-DE12-47B0-A39A-27AA78DEE9AF.png (1500x800, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BZYtP2ID8IE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

add Fawful please we need a Mario rpg rep who is not Geno

>gooigi semi-clone
>but pauline echo
this is retarded holy shit

>Zero
>Andross
>Porky
>Majora's Mask
>Mona
>Gooigi
You guys are cute, trying to pretend these are even remotely possible.

>Mona

Attached: bombom.jpg (892x556, 227K)

lame as shit

I love fawful but I feel like his time may have passed even with the remakes.

Gooigi will have his specials replaced with poltergust moves that are somewhat reused from other fighters.
>standard B: suck, taken from Dedede
>Side B: I’m not sure yet.
>Up B: Baloon Fruit, taken from isabelle’s up B.
>down B: Strobe Light, taken from mewtwo’s down B.

Then Pauline would just be a Peach echo, except she uses Mini-Marios instead of toads, her side smash is always her mic + micstand, and her side B and down B are copies of Olimar’s, in that she throws a mini mario with side B and then calls it back with down B, only when it’s called back it disappears.

maybe it IS a good idea to make Pauline a semi-clone too

Not OP, but how are they impossible? Sakurai added a plant.

if anything i expect even less newcomers than smash 4/ultimate and that the gameplay is improved further beyond.

I mean if they cut a bunch of characters then they can afford to add a decent amount of newcomers AND change the gameplay.

This.

>Cutting Meta Knight for Zero

Attached: 1557356476873.jpg (343x495, 99K)

>axing palutena in favor of hades

That's like replacing Zelda with Ghirahim

Attached: bubsy.png (1174x553, 974K)

There's not going to be a reboot or a Smash 6.

It's just going to be Ultimate ported over with expansion packs or stuff from now on.

The series has reached its plateau. It can't go any higher. There's nothing to add or overhaul.

Time to list the flaws

>Pauline
>Diddy and Dixie
>Mona
>Keeping Ice climbers, Mr G&W and R.O.B
>replacing Shulk with Rex and Pyra when XC2 might not be relevant around the time of the next smash, even if he is highly requested
>way too many third party, i’m only expecting at least 2 third party characters in a reboot
>1 sega, namco, Microsoft/rare and square rep, BUT 3 FUCKING CAPCOM REPS
>I like all the costumes but richter and Jeanne, who would they be costumes for if we don’t have Simon or Bayonetta. Also
>platinum games and Konami get shitty costumes.

This is terrible, I hope my flaws will help you improve it.

Have sex portfag, the next smash will have major cuts, reboot or fucking not.

It would go down like this

>Nintendo: Super smash bros ultimate is the best selling fighting game, we should just port it to our next console.
>Someone at Nintendo: Shouldn’t we get mr Sakurai’s permission to port the game
>Nintendo: nah it’ll be fine, I’m sure we can play him millions of yen to work on more characters stages and modes
>Someone at Nintendo: I don’t think he will want to add new content, remember when mr iwata asked Sakurai to make smash for Wii and if he refused they would just port melee without any new content.
>Nintendo: that was 2005-6 i’m sure mister Sakurai would add new content regardless now.
>Sakurai: *is told Nintendo are planning to port ultimate, refuses to make new content*

>A port of super smash bros ultimate happens, nothing new is added, just updated graphics and speed.

If a port situation were to go down, it would happen exactly like this, mark my words.

It makes no fucking sense to cut characters when Ultimate's big jig is that everyone is here.

It makes no fucking sense to release a sequel and butchering up everything from the previous game.

That’s more like replacing zelda with ganondorf, which would actually make some sense. palutena is better suited being a part of Pit’s moveset anyways.

What is with people's obsession with cutting characters? Do they not like variety and choice?
Here's a newsflash for you, if you don't like a certain character, DON'T PLAY AS THEM!
WOW
THAT WAS SO HARD
FUCK YOU Yea Forums
FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES

>It makes no fucking sense to cut characters when Ultimate's big jig is that everyone is here.

You answered yourself, that was the point of ultimate, everyone is here, next game will have a different purpose, such as fixing the roster and gameplay.

>It makes no fucking sense to release a sequel and butchering up everything from the previous game.

See USFIV to SFV

Geno is very much on the same boat.

>Andross
Can’t happen
>Zero
Can’t happen. Dark Matter swordsman should be there instead
>Porky
Extremely possible
>Majora’s Mask
Just put Skull Kid
>Mona
Yeah no
>Gooigi
Costume

There is no obsession, people are just trying to prepare themselves for the next super smash bros game where the only thing confirmed and has been since e3 last year, is hard cuts.

Here is the version fixed with the flaws I mentioned

Attached: FDA42372-C3E1-460B-8F5D-1776123CB91E.jpg (614x327, 263K)

Fuck i forgot to remove those costumes

Attached: my-image (2).png (957x620, 849K)

>can’t happen
Literally why?
>Can’t happen. Dark Matter swordsman should be there instead
Again, literally why? And no the random boss underling should not be playable over zero. That’s like saying girahim should be in over ganondorf or demise.
>Extremely possible
Agreed.
>Just put Skull Kid
Why add the more boring version when we could have a floating mask that transforms into a demonic god over a scare crow that doesn’t really do anything in the game other than offscreen things.
>Yeah no
Why?
>costume
All semi-clones/echoes could be costumes. This was added to give the chance to have more poltergust moves.

Not too bad honestly. You’ve still kept a lot of the based characters, even if some really do still deserve to stay.

>cutting villager over Isabelle

cringe

>Banjo
dropped

Both Palutena and Hades are trash characters anyways.

I appreciate you’ve cut the retro characters, but you’ve still kept too many third party.

How are Pikachu and Pac-Man echoes?

Thanks, your the first person to appreciate a cut down roster made/edited by me.

>hades
>trash character
Holy cringe.

Rofl XD good one!

You motherfucker.

Cheers

>cutting a generic avatar that doesnt even have a name and replacing it with the face of the series
Toom Nook would also be playable in my perfect roster

>cuts meta knight for zero
>cuts falco for andross
>googi
>arms characters
>majoras mask
>rex & pyra
>pauline
Trash roaster.
Based

Abhorrent taste. You post a roster then faggot.

Cutfags are mentally ill.

Salurai said there would be cuts next time. Keep seething Ultimatefag

Mentality ill with anti-btfo, us cutfags know what’s coming and anyone who doesn’t join us will be btfo otherwise in 2024

Sakurai also said in the past that Ridley would never be playable in smash bros

>Again, literally why? And no the random boss underling should not be playable over zero. That’s like saying girahim should be in over ganondorf or demise.
Putting Zero over Dark Matter is more like saying Palpatine should be in over Darth Vader.

Who’s Salurai?

Oh wait misohara Salurai, creator of super bash sisters.

Fan demand caused that, ultimate was all about fan demand see Ridley k rool and banjo.

The difference being Dark Matter Blade has only been a boss once then fucked off, whereas vader is like demise’s girahim. Zero shows up much more often and actually fights kirby, unlike palpatine.

i have a feeling the reboot roster will look like this, plus a character from a new nintendo IP.

Attached: reboot roster.png (480x220, 169K)

>once
>Dreamland 2, Mass Attack, Robobot

>a spin off and a fake clone boss
It’s hardly the same.

>replacing meta knight with muh edgy lore eyeball
jesus fuck i thought i was rid of you fags when the star allies threads stopped happening, fuck off.

I honestly don’t see snake returning due to his series kinda starting to die.

Fixed

Attached: 50E7D597-A5AB-4917-81AB-E3389977F90D.jpg (544x244, 240K)

This.

this is pretty good reboot roster, though I'd wager Ryu or Mega Man would take precedent over Snake for returning third party characters

COPE

You cut ALL those characters yet you added Gooigi. Not even going to look at the rest of this retarded list.

No they wouldn’t, Capcom will be forced to skip next game by Nintendo.

>LESS CONTENT PLEASE
Pathetic.

FTFY

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: file.png (1567x587, 2.14M)

i see what you mean, but he had a huge fan demand to comeback and honestly, it all depends to konami if he´s gonna return ot not.

Nigga why K. Rool specifically of all characters? He’s the main villain of the DK series. Why would you want LESS villains.

The thing about that is that literally everyone cared about “literal who gator.”

Okay, where did Ken touch you?

It's a copypasta, genius

because he's a shit character

keep telling yourself that. two autists screeching doesn't count.

Have sex, it looks better then the original.

How?

Too big. Half of them would be cut to be either DLC or added to the first sequel.

>cutting all these characters but not ZSS

I mean if we get a reboot, then old echoes are the first to go.

Getting rid of the retrofags and removing a third party character who probably won’t return.

>Old Echoes are reworked as costumes
>All old Echoes are costumes except Ken
No excuse. You just hate Ken.

>LESS CONTENT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME LESS CONTENT

>Cutting the Echoes that were already developed
>Cutting the rest of the Hero
>Cutting Meta Knight in favor of Zero
>Cutting the most popular FE character with a unique moveset
>Cutting Pokemon down to 3 characters, all from G1
>Adding a fucking mask
>Metroid Prime
>Hades
>Andross
>Porky
>3 Capcom characters
Trash

My version Has just over 50, sounds about the size the roster will be, I do agree that OP’s is too big however.

Yes, thats exactly what Nintendo will do.

Mona would be fun as fuck. I don’t know why she’s so overlooked, honestly. But if we’re being realistic they’d add Ashley

>to be DLC
Nigga please.

Carry on portfag, you’ll be proven wrong in half a decade.

It depends on how long term Nintendo would be thinking with it. If they know for a fact that it will have a steady stream of sequels, they can cut more characters and save them for future installments. Can't shoot your whole load at once.

>you’ll be proven wrong in half a decade.
cringe

Then I must have forgotten him because I thought he was on there. I’ll replace one of the costumes I forgot to take out with him then.

Thank you user for agreeing with me, after everyone is here, less content is the best thing they can do.

You seen how much attention (which mean sales) Ultimate's DLC is getting? Season Passes are gonna be a Smash staple now.

What's with your autistic vendetta against retro characters?

You have a point. I guess that actually would make sense, start melee size and work the way back up to smash 4 size.

Exactly. Thats another four or five games in the bag already.

>pauline
what

Cringe

>Cutting Meta Knight
There's a lot of good Kirby reps to add to Smash (pretty much every Dream Friend + Dark Matter and Waddle Dee), but none of them should/will come at the expense of Meta Knight

Yes, but we’ll only be getting the one for ultimate, the next game could have about three, maybe four, but that’s only if the base roster is really small and each pass comes with 2-3 characters and not fucking 5.

Probably, but I agree that Mona would be based. She could be like Wario + Peach with her scooter

They’re shit and waste slots, it was fine in 2001, but if the next smash in in about 2024, retrofags won’t give a shit about smash anymore, so you might as well remove the characters if they’ll appeal to nobody.

Fuck off

Its like people are saying. Nintendo knows they can add back popular characters over however many sequels they want. Start small, have one or two season passes, do it again for Smash Reboot 2, work your way up to a game with an Ultimate-sized roster, then reboot again and do it all over.

Sakurai said he hates season passes.

>waste slots
So who would you replace them with?

If they lead to increased profits Nintendo can and will go over his head. This needs to be his last Smash anyway.

Most wanted first party characters, who the fuck else?

Why are people against a reboot? It's a great idea

>BK
Nope.

Like who?

Retro characters are a novelty and have the biggest opportunity to be incredibly unique. If we only went with relevant characters from the latest anime game then the roster would be completely and utterly soulless.

> Banjofags think he will return again
Real talk, why the fuck is Banjo playable? He's an irrelevant character from a dead franchise

Actual iconic characters like Bomberman, who has over 70 games mind you is only an assist trophy, but this ugly bear who has only 5 games, 2 of which weren't even in Japan gets to be playable?

Unfucking acceptable, you can't seriously defend this

If I had to guess, the user probably meant Waluigi.

>Hard cuts

The only thing that's been said is that they might not be able to bring everyone back, which essentially means 3rd party negotiations are a bitch. It doesn't mean they're going to trim the entire roster down by 30% and add King Boo or some dumb shit.

>muh waluigi
>muh hat goomba
>muh geno
God, what lovely characters. That seems like the fastest way to make the roster soulless and fucking boring as possible.

Geno is third party.

You are just mad you shitty literal who characters aren't in the new smash game.

The fight that we didn't have a retro rep proves that user right, Sakurai didn't give a shit this time around and put a fucking Mario Plant instead of characters like Excitebike, Star Man, Bubbles etc..

Ikr, they just don’t wanna lost their precious mains, and are afraid a reboot will change the formula so much that their entire fucking lives will be over because of it.

> Geno
> First-party
Fucking zoomer

Attached: 1542590457752.png (410x327, 36K)

Probably because bomberman isn’t actually iconic.

Glad I’m not the only one hoping they’re cut. ;) thankfully no FP characters will return.

>It doesn't mean they're going to trim the entire roster down by 30%

They absolutely would though. Make a reboot as small as possible, slowly expand over five or six games, then reboot again.

Its a perpetual motion machine of money.

No they wouldn't and Myusca doesn't love you.

Spoken like a true zoomer
> One of the games that revolutionized multiplayer in gaming, as it allowed up to 4-8 players before it became a staple, hell some games could even have 10 players
> Hi-ten Bomberman was the first HD game ever made
> First third-party character to crossover with a Nintendo property

Do some research kid

Upvoted

>king boo or some dumb shit
Why does everyone suddenly hate king boo and think he shouldn’t be in? He’s by far the most logical and interesting mario choice.

>Make a reboot as small as possible
That's a terrible idea, the only reason people care about these games is the roster.

>He’s by far the most logical and interesting mario choice.

Attached: ToadSM3DL.png (269x480, 105K)

You're not thinking long term. Why release of game with 50 beloved characters when they know they can release a game with 20, add another five as DLC, then release a sequel that adds another 15 of the most wanted ones?

And Myusca is a heartless monster.

Nigger please, the only mad one here is you.

>Rex and Pyra
It will either stay as Shulk or be a XC3/XCX2 rep. If we get another Smash game it'll be several years later, those two will be forgotten by then.

This, this user knows his shit.

>keeping earthbound characters
kys

Toad has no moveset and is already part of Peach's moveset. King Boo is a fan favorite and the main villain.

Don't be an asskisser.

Pirhana Plant was a surprise rep

Literally nobody would buy a game with a roster of 20.

Thats funny because ive got everyone i wanted in smash so iv got no reason to be mad unlike you.

Glad to see there are some Syrup bros still out there.

Mortal Kombat 11 is selling like hotcakes and that has a tiny ass roster

Plant being a surprise has nothing to do with the fact that making a non-bipedal fighter isn’t impossible.

The roster itself if okay, although I agree with cutting snake. But unless they do something seriously cool with the gameplay, it just looks like worse brawl. Why would I ever play this over ultimate? Rework and minigames would not justify a 60$ price tag

If its Smash they would. Plus Nintendo would probably try to offset the smaller roster with some fancy new gameplay gimmick. Some tweak to the Smash formula to help sell it as a reboot. No clue what though.

To be fair capcom is probably the only studio with characters iconic enough to justify three reps.

Retard, Smash 4 sold millions despite having shitty characters and modes

Didn't nintendo higher ups decide who was being added this time around?

>Fox returning

As DLC, yes. Sakurai picked the base game roster.

That's not how businesses work, you show growth in the short term so your investors feel confident that their investments will continue to grow. Nobody is banking on Smash expanding in 20+ years after one has less sales than the previous game.

Explains why all the DLC additions have been actually good and interesting. outsideof piranha plant

i'm talking "a surprise character", not being a surprise in general, you dip.
look up the planning docs for Smash 4

reminder: cutfags can't please women or themselves with their mutilated cocks

But this is a REBOOT. Starting from scratch. For all intents and purposes, the successes of past games won't be a factor this time. They knows fans will be expecting the gradual return of old characters, but Nintendo can tell investors (and casual buyers that don't know any better) that this is something brand new with no ties or expectations attached.

Sell 'em with snake oil strategy.

they still have to do with Dark Matter S.

why are you pushing for boring and unlikely final bosses so hard?
where's Mother Brain and why is Ridley still there? where is Hardin or Medeus?

To be fair, mortal kombat characters have never been half as popular as smash or even street fighter. Especially when a lot or the series major characters are just reskins. So it's no surprise that a new game with better graphics, better gameplay and almost all the past fan favorites and some cool new comers would sell. Smash does not necessarily have that advantage. With how popular many of the franchises in smash are, a roster of 20 would just leave too many left out, unless every franchise got 1/2 reps max

>what are "trends of the time"

You realize that won't work forever right? People widely consider smash 4 to be a mediocre game, but Nintendo was able to retain consumer satisfaction with a fan service game like ultimate, but if they did something as anti fanservice as cutting down the roster and having half of it be composed of Mario characters, I just don't see that generating hype that is comparable to past smash games.

>axing a franchise mainstay for some one-time final boss
might as well add Orcos while you are at it

> a roster of 20 would just leave too many left out, unless every franchise got 1/2 reps max

The only major characters being left out will be third party, the retro’s too but they’ll be cut altogether.

t. Medusa

Attached: appeal_0_pit_17.png (384x384, 201K)

You’re a fucking redditor if you don’t think plant is interesting. You DO olay the game right? There’s actual gameplay tied to each fighter, and Plant is WILDLY more interesting than any of the DLC so far, ESPECIALLY Joker, aka: ultimate’s frankenstein.

>Toad has no moveset
delusional

Mortal Kombat is a part of video game history dumbass, it's one of the reasons why the ESRB rating is even a thing.

I feel like the problem with this roster is its approach to a reboot. In a game with a smaller roster like this, I feel like it would be critical to retain that crossover feel, to keep people interested. With that in mind you've got some series like Kirby and dk with 3 reps and Mario with 4. I get their iconic, but wouldn't franchise representation me more important than keeping characters like diddy and DDD?

>so trash Treehouse had to take the Mummies Alive route and make him some ripoff of Disney Hades
yes trash
actually kidding tho, but he really boring in the original dub

And why would you risk doing that instead of just making a new game porting the characters and changing the physics? Why would you even want them to do that? Wouldn't even be surprised if a tripfag is the "I hate fiyah emburem" tard but I want to know.

But third party is what makes smash the most engaging as a fighting game and as a crossover. I don't think the addition of mediocre characters like spring man, and astral chain would be enough to mitigate the loss of beloved characters like ryu, megaman, and sonic. So something has to give.

a port of Ultimate or using Ultimate as a base for a new game again is a lot better than going ground up for something that's going to sell worse than Smash WiiU

So all franchises should have an equal amount of reps

I don't want that, but its more realistic. The game's roster is bloated at this point. It needs a reboot to trim some fat. And the bonus of doing so is knowing die hard fans will keep buying the games in the hopes of their old favorites eventually getting added again.

The gameplay and single player content would easily make it up for me. Idk about you.

>The game's roster is bloated at this point

Translation: There are characters in the roster I personally dislike.

>axing smash vets
they said 'everyone is here' for a reason you fucking faggots

I'm talking about the roster not the fucking esrb ratings. When you talk about iconic fl game characters, only a few from mortal kombat only a few stand out. These are the same few that fans expect and are satisfied as long as they are there. Smash is different because most characters are iconic or relevant to an extent so any cuts will hurt deep. And when you go so far as to say cut half the roster, and add a few lesser newcomers I just don't see that being postive

>See USFIV to SFV
and SFV was a disappointment and financial disaster
right at the exact time for MvCI too, which too basically describe what the other user was arguing about
way to shoot yourself on the foot there, Cap.cuck

Amy sucks, Boco。

>charizardfag
lmao these stanky fucks still exist?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 7.14.30 PM.png (258x258, 65K)

everyone in here is retarded
this is the only reboot roster that makes sense

Attached: smash reboot.png (432x165, 116K)

No, the correct translation is

>There’s trash like a dozen of clones, retroshit and shit third party picks that need to be removed and never come back unless they are actually worth bringing back.

>why are you pushing for boring and unlikely final bosses so hard?
>zero is boring
>the swordfighter isn’t

No, translation: trying to make another game with the current roster and adding the same amount of new characters would just be ridiculous. What do you think they're gonna do, keep adding until they have over 100? Thats madness.

How is it that these fan rosters keep getting worse and worse? This one is exceptionally terrible.

>And no the random boss underling should not be playable over zero. That’s like saying girahim should be in over ganondorf or demise.
I like a comparison another user made, comparing it to Mother Brain and Ridley.
Also, Piranha Plant, while a surprise, took elements from other Piranha Plant species in the Mario series, which would be harder for Zero to pull off, but easier for Dark Matter since that gives it at least four different characters to take from (Dark Matter Blade, Real Dark Matter, Miracle Matter, Dark Nebula). Zero doesn't show that much versatility and is more fitting for a Final Smash.

Attached: 61688457_p2_master1200.jpg (857x1200, 422K)

>He’s by far the most logical and interesting mario choice.

Attached: PaperMarioHammer.png (362x480, 141K)

What does that even mean?

so you played neither KDL2 and KDL3 then

Well if we're going with this reboot idea then absolutely. Mario should not have 6 while certain franchises get none, regardless of popularity. After all isn't the point of a crossover to appeal to a larger demographic? Ideally a reboot, which I still don't really support, would have Nintendo franchises getting 2 reps, with 3rd party getting 1. Maybe Mario can get 3. Is that so crazy to ask?

>axing the character that just talks to you theoughout the whole game over the new main villain of the franchise.
What I’m doing is more comparable to cutting navi for ganondorf.

>retroshit
Why does having a handful of retro characters make you seethe so fucking hard?

Exactly but it still had nearly three dozen fucking cuts. Which is what a small reboot will do, cut about 3/4 of the roster.

No, I expect a game with roughly the same number of characters minus a few difficult third parties, some new characters both first and third party, and a lot more content building on top of ultimate such as multiple single player campaigns from each series that eventually converge into a crossover story, new items, stages, etc.

>smaller than melee
>the only one that makes sense

Zero's only moves are "shoot blood", "ram Kirby" and "create Dark Matter to shoot at Kirby".
Dark Matter's clone has it combine its moves from its swordsman form with its true form. Additionally, Smash is no stranger to giving characters moves from others, which leaves room for moves from other characters or enemies.

Attached: DZN5WjdVwAAuPV8.jpg (1200x675, 144K)

yeah im pretty fucking sure Zelda was like that too but much less prior her debut in Smash

Remove 2 smash reps for Peach and Zelda, they’re both worth staying.

Attached: B76A10FF-BE87-4047-9534-7807FE0F3CA7.gif (421x389, 1021K)

Piranha plant isn't interesting.
He might play well and possibly be competitive but that doesn't make him interesting.
It's just a plant. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Because none of them is Excitebike, one of the most popular NES games in the early years and one of the few "retro reps" to have more than one game

the project planning, dumbass.
here. and fuck, i need to update pic related.
its missing a lot of new stuff too

Attached: Smash Project Planning Exception & Setbacks, Post-Planning, and Ultimate's Project Plan.png (1393x1622, 511K)

You know you’d have something if ganondorf was also added at the same fucking time.

Unless it has a story mode that would blow me away, then no way. Smash is a fun game to play with friends, but it's entire approach to a fighting system is inherently flawed, no amount of gameplay changes would make it worth investing into seriously. Guess well just have to agree to disagree, but I'm curious what kind of single player content do you envision making the game worth 60$?

That is equally possible, sure. But hypothetically, if they chose to reboot, thats what we're spitballing about.

I think a big deciding factor is if Sakurai comes back.

>Third party characters

Attached: Luigi stare.jpg (487x376, 24K)

I agree, we won’t see a over 100 fighter roster until Sakurai retires, which ain’t happening anytime soon.

Part of me fears the fanbase blowing a gasket if there's so much as a single Sticker Star or Color Splash reference.
At the same time, I'm confident he'd have a gimmick like Partners or something that'll win everyone over enough to live with it

>one of the few "retro reps" to have more than one game
Game and Watch has tons of games and Rob technically has two

>which ain’t happening anytime soon.
It should.

no fucking shit, Sakurai actually stated Ultimate originally going to slash Smash 4's roster in 3/4s

and that would be fucking garbage. nobody is going to bother to buy the next game like how the WiiU version is the worse selling smash

>It's just a plant
I mean, a plant as a character in a fighting game is pretty interesting, especially when no other character is one.

Seriously? 5 Mario characters and three Pokemon characters in a roster of 26? 1 third party? This game also looks like ass from a balance and diversity perspective. Looks like a mvci level of failure in terms of crossover

They’re trash, and always have been, if all fucking 4 of them return next game then sakurai is mental.

just because he isn't your favorite anime protag or cereal mascot doesn't mean he isn't interesting. He has the most unique and interesting moveset in the entire lineup of DLC characters by a LOOOONG fucking shot.

Hypothetically if they choose to reboot what exactly am I getting out of it? Because to me all these threads are just rosterfags bitter their favorite characters didn't get in and cutting characters they personally deem unworthy.

Are both those retros? Many say that they are "Hardware reps" as they represent a certain hardware that Nintendo made and not exactly a character

Ice Climber and Duck Hunt fit the retro thing better, considering they are actual characters in a game.

True. I just wish they would have gone with a less generic piranha plant like petey but i also understand why they went with normal plant as it is iconic

problem?

Attached: PMSSMarioJump.png (474x600, 342K)

>all these cuts for final bosses
>ganondorf and ridley is still there
>went as far to represent Majora instead of Skull Kid
that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg

Attached: Ganon.png (1200x1010, 629K)

>what kind of single player content do you envision making the game worth 60$?

Well of course
> story mode that would blow us away
>varied modes from previous games
>new stadium games
>new types of special smash
>a lot more creative modes beyond mii’s and amiibo.

A reason to keep buying games in the new reboot series in the hopes that you're favorite character or feature ever comes back. Thats how Nintendo will keep current fans baited.

It’s smash, as long as the next gen Nintendo console sells well, smash on it will too. Including a reboot.

>We cut your favorite characters
>Why?
>I DUNNO LOL MAYBE WE'LL ADD THEM LATER

I'm sure this will go over well. So basically you have no ideas and really do just want cuts for some dumbfuck personal reason.

R.O.B worked with N.E.S which links him with IC and DH and the game and watch is fucking retro at this point.

>story mode that would blow us away
>Expecting that after Subspace
Also, shouldn't you be a bit more specific about hat modes you'd like?
For instance, I myself would suggest:
>Adventure Mode (Melee-ish or just a Metroidvania like The Great Maze)
>Master and Crazy Orders
>Ultimate Classic Mode
>All-Star Mode

Duck Hunt, ROB, G&W and Pirhana Plant are categorized as "surprise characters"

look at the doc for Smash 4 and you will see Sakurai saying Duck Hunt will be "this game's surprise characters" implying he isn't the first one.
also Sakurai putting PP along with the other 3 in one of the first interviews of him talking about PP's inclusion

surprise reps are basically just characters (and Smash originals) that nobody bother to even speculate or come up with, and they're normally based on retrospective characters too.

>Medusaspergs

Why have so many double characters? If they are going to add a new double character I would rather it be very unique so it doesn't step on the toes of Ice Climbers. Something like Ornstein and Smough, where the two work completely differently

>all those cuts
>all those shit new characters
>all those shit costumes
but no waluigi so it's not the worst I've ever seen
probably like 2/10

Attached: Leave.png (130x170, 48K)

Ganondorf was a last minute inclusion for Melee

they won't come out and say it you dumbass

I don't WANT cuts, but if they reboot the series its what they'll do for profit reasons.

But maybe they won't. Maybe they will make a new game with Ultimate's roster plus new guys. Only Nintendo knows. We can only speculate.

>tripfag only comments if he can inject the idea of his identity into the post (ie talking about himself)
clockwork

Ok so your guys' speculation is the next Smash game will cut 2/3 of the roster with no explanation and no significant improvements to other areas of the game to justify it. Great thread real logical shit we have going on here.

This guy's been trying to get my opinion on roster cuts the whole thread. I don't care. I'm only thinking about what a potential reboot will do.

Obviously not thinking very fucking hard since you haven't said anything concrete beyond "I dunno cuts so they can add them back later or something oy vey xD"

Have you shared your ideas yet, or are you still thinking?

where did Zerofagging come from anyways?
it kinda feels like pure contrarianism for final bosses against popular villains/rivals than a genuine request.

for example: its still extra dumb to cut MK for Marx, as much i wish he was playable.

Attached: bitch please.jpg (585x585, 75K)

Yes. They reboot with, say, 20 or so characters. A mix of veterans and a few fan favorite sequel characters and third party reps. One season of DLC with two more fan faves and three new guys.

Two years later, a sequel with 20 more characters, with more old vets. Two seasons of DLC that have fan fave third party reps.

Rinse and repeat until the cast reaches Ultimate size, then do it all over again.

Nigger duck hunt is the retro rep of smash 4. Wii fit trainer is the surprise rep.

Ah yes, your idea is literally what they should do, these stupid portfags will eventually come through just you wait.

Who would you categorize as good newcomers?

I dunno, OP's really the only one pushing for Zero.
I'm rooting for Dark Matter, but that also seems to be a minority compared to what most people ask for regarding Kirby characters.

Attached: 35224763_p0.png (700x700, 481K)

You can’t seriously say Zero isn’t a popular villain, especially when posting marx who is a final boss but not the villain of his game.

>erryone here! we berieve dats wha erryone wan so we made impossibru possibru!
>OH NOW YOU WAN SMALL ROSTERU

Attached: 1450221728127.jpg (343x343, 28K)

Tried one
>Tried to keep it focused on who the most important and iconic Nintendo characters are.
>Some of this is predicated on characters getting reworked (namely Isabelle and Lucina) which you'd probably have to do to justify the smaller roster
>Kept Greninja since he's popular and there are fewer fast characters so he'd cover some of those basis
>Lucina because she's popular
>Palutena was because she was the name sake of her series, is another female character (which seems to be hard to come by in Smash). Also, Kid Icarus Uprising was a 3DS title so would only be from two generation ago
>Not taking into consideration new characters (which there would definitely be)
Come out to 36 which I think isn't a bad number. Means with new characters the roster would be about the size of Smash 3DS/WiiU.

Attached: REBOOT.png (288x330, 222K)

imagine being this wrong.

and Sakurai already discussed WFT's inclusion too. She was included in favor of the "this character doesn't seem to fight" rule being abolished with Villager.

Attached: Scan-Translation-3.png (767x1079, 560K)

When people said they wanted all the characters back, it was with the assumption he'd have the same level of other content (Trophies, new stages and characters, single player). Ultimate basically showed you can't have your cake and eat it too. You either get a massive roster or more game modes. A lot of people want the latter.

Where are the improvements to justify a reboot you dumb nigger.

I feel like keeping Lucina and no one else is a bad move considering she already plays very similarly to Marth.
Demote her to costume and put in Ike.

>thingy is I wur like I small rosteru to, i’m Very happy to announce super smasha broduas rebuted, coming to nexta generation consoles.

here's the interview with WFT, just in case you think im lying too

Attached: Sakurai on reconsidering Villager and doing Wii Fit Trainer.png (738x481, 53K)

The roster is the real content of Smash. The thing you spend 500 hours with. Single player and extra content is welcome, but never at the cost of a smaller roster.

I like th....oh wait you kept two retrofags, cut them and i’m happy

>reading comprehension
also Zero isn't even half as popular as DMS and Marx as much people meme about Zero 3.
even Magolor, if we're talking about Japan.

Zero's an odd spot in that he's well known and an iconic example of Kirby final bosses, but at the same time he's so vague and it's not like that many people actaully played and beat Dream Land 3.
It doesn't help that HAL ignored him for quite a while until Star Allies (though there were plenty of knock offs in the interim) nor how he relates with Zero Two (who is clearly Zero, but not to HAL apparently) and Void.
Considering he endures in spite of that, I'd argue that he is popular.

Attached: Zero.jpg (528x418, 21K)

I figure this would probably be a reboot roster. Green is guaranteed. Blue is most likely for the first wave of DLC. Yellow should only be in if they bring back transformations.

But make no mistake, if they reboot, eventually everyone will be added back over the course of several sequels.

That would be some new gameplay gimmick or change to the basic formula. No clue what it would be. Nothing too drastic. Maybe an increased emphasis on story.

Attached: vlcsnap_2018_12_05_20h08m22s623.0.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

Doomguy.

I don't think they will reboot. The only way I can see it is if they heavily overhaul the gameplay to the point that characters have to be rebuilt from scratch, kinda like how Dissidia Arcade changed the gameplay style (and at one point it was a reboot, though they eventually dropped that angle, plotwise at least).

Like I said, only Nintendo knows for sure. And they won't be telling us anytime soon.

they should honestly just replace sheik with impa if they're going to bring that moveset back at all.

>SHIT BROS HERO AND BK GOT ANNOUNCED AND WE HAVE NO LEAKS TO CIRCLEJERK OVER FOR THE REMAINING TWO CHARACTERS, WHAT DO WE DO
>LET'S CIRCLEJERK OVER HYPOTHETICAL REBOOT ROSTERS 24/7 INSTEAD OF PLAYING FUCKING SMASH

Zero is only considered a good boss because of it shoots "blood", that's it. In reality it's nothing a poorly designed boss that was shoehorned in during the last few minutes of development.

Maybe Nintendo only knows, but I'd wager they won't. Smash counts more on characters and items to freshen up gameplay rather than heavily changing mechanics up. At best, it'll change under-the-hood physics and whatnot, but the core gameplay remains the same, even in the jump from Melee to Brawl, and overall it's still a popular game. Because of that, I don't see them rebooting.
That's not to say there won't be cuts since Ultimate is clearly a Dream Match game, but I doubt they'll be as severe as people claim.

>Metroid Prime
Explain

will Sakurai release the planning proposal docs for Ultimate?
these are fun to read if you're into how development works

Attached: GDC-Scan-03.png (1515x1076, 1.22M)

Kind of already addressed that with some characters being reworked. I'm assuming they'd make Lucina more distinct from Marth. I feel like she has too much clout to leave out. If it's not her, it would probably be someone from Awakening or Fates since those are the ones most people would know.
I feel like you have to have some retro characters. Why would you want them gone (assume your talking about Ice Climbers and Game and Watch)?Who should replace them (if any)? Glad you liked it otherwise.

Zero is most well known for the blood, but I dunno if he's that poorly designed (on the other hand, again, who really finished Dream Land 3?). He's still better designed than Zero Two and people love him, though I think more people agree that it's the atmosphere, otherwise Miracle Matter wins it.
And do you have a source or proof for Zero being thrown in at the last minute? Considering the Hyper Zone and Dedede's Tower both have Zero's eye, there's no traces of Dark Matter having more than one form (you don't honestly think they were just gonna end the game after Dark Matter's only form, right?) and Zero's presence in the Boss Butch stuff, it seems clear that he was meant to be there from more than the last minute.

Attached: 59229624_p22_master1200.jpg (372x976, 104K)

impa sucks tho

>Green is guaranteed
>Young link...
>snake...
>megaman...
>little mac...
>ryu...

>Blue is most likely for the first wave of DLC.
>falco...
>mewtwo...as dlc again...
>dark pit...
>R.O.B...
>Toon link...
>Duck hunt cunt...
>cloud...
>the Belmont’s...

user I WAS BACKING YOU UP, BUT
YOU HAVE VERY SHIT TASTE

Also
>But make no mistake, if they reboot, eventually everyone will be added back over the course of several sequels.

Pfft...with all the newcomers coming via the reboot games I fucking doubt it.

Oh, if characters are being reworked, then alright.

this

>Ryu and Megaman are green
>Isabelle is blue

Why are people so goddamn stupid

Young Link isn't guaranteed, he just happens to be surrounded by guaranteed characters. I sapped that thing together in like five minutes.

They would be replaced by most wanted first parties, a reboot for sure will add characters from this category.

OP has autism for final bosses
im surprise he didn't replace Ganondorf for Ganon which would be actually good, Mother Brain over Ridley, or add freaking Giygas over Porky already

and seeing how Robin is right there, he probably thinks Grima is the only popular final boss to exist in Fire Emblem.

Ikr

>variety and choice
>Counter
>Ranged Projectile
>Charged Blade attack
>50 degree diagonal recovery
SO MANY DIFFERENT OPTIONS. I CAN PLAY BLUE HAIRED SWORDSMAN AND RED HAIRED SWORDSMAN OR EVEN SWORDSWOMAN. THERE'S INFINITE POSSIBILITIES!

Ah I see.

A big roster is only good if you have stuff to do with it, but you get less of that when you have a roster as big as Ultimate's. If you are only playing multiplayer battles, then OK, but if you want a fuller game than a bigger roster is worse. For comparison, Brawl had
>Adventure mode with full platforming levels
>Classic AND All-Stars
>3 minigames
>Plus all new stages and characters

Ultimate has
>Spirits
>Classic (whitout All-Stars)
>One minigame
>4 new stages and 6 new characters

And that's the issue. You even lose the little things like trophies.You have a nice big dream roster in an otherwise barren game. Again, this idea of all the characters was great when people assumed you'd get your big adventure mode, 12+ new characters, 30+ new stages and a bunch of little extras. That's clearly not the case so some people are willing to take a smaller roster if it means getting the modes and other content that made people enjoy Smash.

have you ever made a game?

Thank you! This is one the best responses I have seen that might be able to know some sense into people who don’t want hard cuts next game

Never cooked a fancy 4 star dish either.

>4 new stages and 6 new characters
I mean, we already have literally everyone else and almost all the stages. And two of those six were widely requested characters and and two more were from a well-loved series.
You have a point about the modes though.

Do Rosterfags even play the game or do they just autistically organize lists in their head

Attached: 83m9fw6d9bl11.png (2965x1704, 416K)

Geno is THE essential Mario RPG series character. No other one is more noteworthy to the average person

Same problem Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had. Sure, you can play everyone including the Frieza Henchman, but at the cost of a rather boring game where everyone plays exactly the same. No thanks. I don't think anyone would argue Dragonball Fighterz is the better game despite having like 1/10 of the roster.

>then what what about Maz Koshia from BOTW

Attached: maz koshia.gif (480x270, 3.62M)

Ahhh, fair point. I feel like if that's the case you'd keep Mr. Game and Watch and get another classic character instead of ICs.

Yeah, I feel like if you are doing a reboot, you've got to change some of the characters. Compare Mario to Megaman and look how faithfully the latter is portrayed compared to the former. The older characters are usually a product of their time. Take Luigi. He was added before the first Luigi's Mansion but now there is going to be a third game in that series. The only time Luigi uses the Poltergust is a grab and his final smash and those were just tacked on to show they totally didn't forget about those games. Ganondorf is still just heavy C. Falcon and the only reason he's like that is that he was added as a clone and they never bothered to change him.

>that image
eternally based

Attached: Louie's_face_after_winning_3_times.jpg (724x543, 31K)

That’s what you’d do, but everyone does different things.

>Yeah, I feel like if you are doing a reboot, you've got to change some of the characters.
I'm in the same boat. I gave the example of Dissidia Final Fantasy as a series that (soft)-rebooted when the arcade version came out. That's kinda the level I'd expect for Smash too need a reboot: Not necessarily a Gundam game, but a major shift in the gameplay mechanics to the point that characters need more than minor tweaks to adjust.
As is, the only totally overhauled character is Pit, and I don't know exactly how overhauled he was compared to his Brawl form.

-Ultimate has All-Stars Mode
-Subspace sucked (and so did Spirits)
-bringing back stages is as much to doing new stages (which chews up development as well but even more)
-Trophies also sucked too, at least right after Melee

Here's your Sheik replacement, bros.

Attached: maz koshia artwork.jpg (400x554, 54K)

let me add to the virgin Alph's side
>is a failed clone/echo

Attached: Dark Pit give up.png (158x159, 40K)

Cutfags are the fucking worst
The only actual cuts would be echos, maybe a FE lord or two, and 3rd party characters they can't use anymore. Just because you hate "animu characters" or whatever isn't a valid reason to cut someone.
Fucking retarded ass Nintendo fans

Geno is a optional party member you can switch out at any time
he's not any better than using a partner in Paper Mario or picking members in Final Fantasy 4/6

If anything sakurai would add MORE echoes to compensate for the fact that he couldn’t add as many characters this time around.

He may be optional as a party member, but he is critical to the entire plot of the game so I don't understand why people say things like what you said or that "he's a side character"

Would honestly be based.

>DLC Boss for completionists
PLEASE don't resurrect the retarded Artoriasposting again

>Metroid Prime
I sincerely hope you just mean it's a renamed Dark Samus with a decloned moveset because the actual Metroid Prime itself would be impossible for smash.

Attached: DYkAGlZV4AEMTxo.png (1600x1000, 2.41M)

He literally IS a side character though? Mario is the main character. Everyone else is a secondary character.

he plays nothing like Sheik in Smash

so he's just an earthbound or xenoblade party member then

How would it be impossible?

Artorias isn’t DLC.

>but he is critical to the entire plot of the game

Attached: tranny.png (348x456, 174K)

agreed

>Artorias of the Abyss

>why would Mother Brain be impossible?

It's not like Ridley who has two arms and legs and a generally bipedal form you can reporportion and work around, the Metroid Prime is this giantass spider looking thing with long spindly appendages and no opposable fingers, bigger than Ridley has ever been in any game

Attached: Metroid_prime_encounter_phazon_infusion_chamber.jpg (1920x868, 713K)

Nigger he’s a base game character that had DLC that expanded upon him.

A fucking plant was made into a fighter. You don’t need to be a bipedal character to be in smash.

The only person who would want Prime in its original form over Dark Samus is one with a surface level understanding of the series

OP has an issue where they seem to ask for the final boss of whatever game, regardless of logic.
It's like if, to use Dissidia as an example again, they added Zeromus as Cecil's rival rather than Golbez.

What the fuck is wrong with asking for villains?

not according to development

At least ask for ones that would actually make sense as playable characters, Dark Samus is far more representable as the central antagonist to all 3 prime games over her Prime form, which was only in the first game, and has far more moveset potential as well. Surface level

Attached: 041ac7ebee61d50369143a1823aa6204.png (1800x1200, 2.45M)

There's a difference between "asking for villains" and "asking for villains who are more likely to work better as bosses".
Again, as someone else said, it's like asking for Mother Brain instead of Ridley. Sure she's the final boss, but she's also giant and would require significantly more hoops to jump through instead of adding just Ridley.

surprised it took this long for someone having the logical idea
Why would I or any casual player play things like over ultimate?
Whenever the design meeting for the next Smash happens I don't doubt the topic of cutting characters is going to happen but you can't just remove stuff you have to add new
So for example I can see them removing Banjo because he's a one time thing but replacing him with another crazy thing (say Doomguy), removing Snake but keeping Simon/Richter and maybe even adding another Konami character and so on

For a franchise that has evolved into essentially the Oscars of videogames the roster is one of the things that weight the most and I'm sure Nintendo will prioritize that over most things

It took three fucking games to get ridley in, don’t act like he would be any easier.

there's a reason why everyone wanted ridley for the metroid baddie role as opposed to mother brain you fucking retard

> gooigi
BASED

Because people just like ridley more? That was the sole reason. Don’t rewrite history.

>reboot
remember to report shitposting

And people have been making mods for ages beforehand.
The thing is, Sakurai is autistic about how he makes characters. He said himself in an interview that if he can't picture how a character fights in his head, then that character can't get in.
Sakurai previously felt Ridley was too big to get into Smash, but he eventually got some perspective and presumably realized that Ridley is still humanoid enough to actually work even if downscaled (and Ridley is still one of, if not the biggest characters in the game while standing).
Mother Brain? She's either in a case or a giant monster. Hence why she's an assist trophy.
Zero and Metroid Prime are in a similar position, both are massive and less humanoid than their respective right-hand men/other forms and thus are rather pointless to pick instead of said other choices.
Back to Dissidia: Notice how all of the villains in that game are humanoid, even the ones that have monstrous final forms. The only possible exception is Chaos, and even he is still humanoid. And he's just a boss character.

>removing Snake but keeping Simon/Richter and maybe even adding another Konami character and so on

I’ve got an inkling that Konami won’t want to be a part of the next smash game.

I’m also glad that someone else agrees with me, banjo is one time only

Would love to see doomslayer.

How is it shitposting? We are talking about what could possibly be the next super smash bros game, if you have a problem just ignore the thread, or if it irritates you that much, stay of Yea Forums until this thread gets archived.

>Konami won’t want to be a part of the next smash game.
why?
>Would love to see doomslayer.
I'm still holding out hope he's among the last 2, with him Ultimate would really be ultimate for me

Metroid Prime will never qualify for a surprise rep

and sugarcoating it won't make it any less dumb, OP
people asked for Dark Samus for years and you decided to be contrarian about it with Metroid Prime

the marxposter already called you out for it

>Implying Dark Matter wod just be a Swordsmen, despite barely using it in any of his fights as an actual sword
Zero would look fucking stupid fighting anyways. It’s like if Mother Brain tried fighting

wouldn't even be mad

>OP acknowledges Mother Brain and Giygas would be dumb
>proceeds to push for Andross and Metroid Prime
yikes dawg

>Green Luigi
>Pauline
>Mona
>Fucking Majoras Mask (lol)
>Hades
>Zero
>Metroid Pee
>Andross
>Porky
>Rex, Pyra
>Arms characters
>Jill Valentine instead of Chad Leon

Ultimate cringe

Who would you add?

>Repeatedly states there's no way he can make the character as a fighter without making him look awkward
>Proceeds to make the best design for the character yet
Seriously, Ultimate's Ridley might be my favorite incarnation of the character, love those Giger xenomorph influences

Attached: RidleyVictoryPo-VideoToMp41.webm (608x352, 2.72M)

Snake was cut before and was only brought back due to massive fan demand (and everyone is here), if you really want Konami to stay on board with smash it’s gonna take a bigger demand than snake”s return, something I think is really never going to happen, I know lots of people who find the Belmont’s boring even though they are castlevania fans themselves. I feel like they have the worst 3rd party characters probably because they’re all human.

that and he could be resized without taking away from his character. mother brain would be the logical choice but she's massive and there's no way to fit her in smash as a fighter, same goes for metroid prime.

Thank you. Holy shit I don’t get why people don’t realize both Zero and 02 fights are boring, repetitive snooze fests that people only praise for being “sooooo dark”. When there’s fights like Dark Mind, Marx, OG Dark Matter, and Magalor it makes me wonder why these mediocre fights are so praised, especially because Dreamland 3 and Crystal Shards are such good games, the final bosses are shit by comparison to the rest of the game

Based

Attached: 7311596B-EE76-49D8-B1B5-5C3FAB8AFBA0.jpg (1093x1763, 525K)

Attached: perfect.png (720x550, 868K)

>I feel like they have the worst 3rd party characters probably because they’re all human.
I don't see the problem of that as long as what they do is interesting, I love the Belmonts because whip as main weapon and subweapons for special was immediately catching to me and Snake's fire weapon-based gameplay
While say adding Gex would be really boring simply because he doesn't really bring anything interesting

I actually see this concept working as Dark Matter as base form with sword attacks for normals and a selection of dark matter/Zero stuff for specials with the FS being a combination attack a la megaman or turning into Zero and doing an attack

>OLIMAR YOU'RE AN IDIOT PLAY A RECORD

What I was thinking. Throw in some stuff from Dark Mind, Nebula, and maybe even Void and you’ll get a really unique character

Have sex in your dreams, bigrosterfag!

>Naming all of those characters and not Miracle Matter
Miracle Matter is probably the best final boss in the series for the gimmick alone.
And I think it's mostly the stuff around the Zeroes (or at the very least, Zero Two) that people like. You have to remember than fanon was rampant back in the day and stuff between Dark Matter's backstory, being Dark Matter's superior, the Love Love Stick and Zero being the only villain to come back from the dead (though HAL makes it questionable nowadays) even before Soul bosses were a thing, I'd wager that contributes to Zero's popularity. Of course, Void Termina now puts all that fanon in an extremely complicated spot, to the extent that I wonder if it influenced what Void ended up being.

That's the basic idea. Planet Robobot allowed the clone to pull off attacks from its true form while remaining in the swordsman form. Sprinkle in some stuff from others like Miracle Matter or maybe add in some Mass Attack abilities and you've already got the basis for a moveset.

Attached: 1542790786466.png (861x1200, 1.6M)

This is what I think is most likely going to happen

Attached: rosterprediction.png (800x450, 659K)

it's alright (compared to other reboot shit) but a reboot is a terrible idea

>i don't know jackshit about Ridley's history in Metroid
Mother Brain was a common counterpoint in Ridley debates when people brought her up and refuted several times in the Smash discussion.
there was even people trying to use a Gohma as a counterpoint against Ridley as well.

people concluded both points were dumb and Ridley was the most important than the 2

Attached: Gohmafagging circa 2014-2015.png (720x1109, 206K)

it also took three games for Sakurai to realize his NES appearance was the solution to 2big/him being tall as fuck

This is trash and here are the flaws

>keeps retro reps, I’ve explained above why I hate them
>replace doctor mario with waluigi
>five FE reps
>cut pokemon trainer for someone new
>cut Lucas for fucking Issac
>cut wolf for something weird
>joker and cloud are the only third party cut, I fucking doubt that, be expecting massive cuts when it comes to third party

Have sex and while your doing it, think about how much regret you have making this garbage.

>reboot is a terrible idea,

Please consider reading this thread, quite a few good reboot ideas have been shared.

but isn't the point of Echos to promote clustering the roster, why keep them as individuals when just having Lucina as a little window next to Marth is way better
Echoes are the perfect get out of jail card for roster overcrowding meaning you can simply focus on bringing new characters even if you have to cut the troublesome third parties

>louiefags

Attached: everysmashrosterthread.png (160x290, 104K)

It's not exact, but it's more about the general idea. Also i'm not going to scroll up and try and figure out which of these comments are yours just to hear your personal opinion on characters older than you. The point is, take out characters that are no longer relevant and/or aren't worth the development time in exchange for newer fighters. This isn't what I want, this is what I think they will do. Isaac is just a stand in for any rosterfaggotry character like K Rool or Little Mac.
This is just an approximation.

>take out characters that are no longer relevant
>aren't worth the development time

Which is exactly what the retro reps are, they had their little time under the spotlight it’s time they were placed on the chopping board and replaced with characters people actually want over two midget climbers, a flat dude and useless robot and a son of a bitch (literally).

Imagine not liking this.
Imagine not liking Pikmin in general.

Attached: 015B1038-872C-44B2-8011-7D56528499BE.jpg (2338x2878, 1.12M)

If a water wraith is 90% water, why not just give it another 10%?

As a Genofag who doesn't think he'll get in, I'd take Vivian.

You say that, but they always come back each game so clearly Sakurai values them enough to keep them. The only one that was cut before was IC, and only because of the 3ds having technical limitations. I'm talking characters that don't have much relevance to their own series any more. For instance, a decade from now, FE Fates will be old and no longer new, so Corrin might not be worth the effort of re adding when they can add a new FE character.

>Andross
>Metroid Prime
>Majora's Mask
>Gooigi
>Zero
>2 Arms characters
>turning Diddy and Dixie into another Ice Climbers

Literally the only part of that that isn't shit is Jill and Hades.

What a fucking terrible

Nice autistic fanfiction moveset.

Seething redditor. Have sex.

>they always come back each game
That was until ultimate, which will be their last, the next smash game will try to modernise the roster, which leads me to...

>decade from now, FE Fates will be old and no longer new
So are IC G&W, R.O.B and DH, if you really think people will care about them in a decade you are gravely mistaken. We don’t need no 1980’s shit in the next smash as it will hopefully modernise the roster.

the state of OP

he's also one of the most difficult character Sakurai has ever worked on apparently. something to do with putting hitboxes on his thin model proportions.

Sakurai probably see Ridley as a big achievement within his career

Attached: ganonkino.png (1920x1080, 516K)

Why does Yea Forums have an autistic hatred against andross?

you realize Konami was on board with Ultimate right after the ballot and DLC was done, right?

Wow. This has got to be the dumbest roster ever.

Dark Pit, Lucina and Chrom? Fuckin' Isabelle and Hilda? You have shit taste op. Like SHIT taste.

>Seriously, Ultimate's Ridley might be my favorite incarnation of the character, love those Giger xenomorph influences
My man

Attached: 1562976222228.jpg (680x447, 26K)

>costumes
How autistic can you be?

Retro has a different priority than just old. Fates won't be retro, it just won't be current or relevant anymore. The others are legacy characters Sakurai likes to have to show the long history of Nintendo. IC were initially added specifically because they were obscure early Nintendo characters. Corrin and Incineroar were added for promotional purposes, and will most likely be replaced with the Lord of FE 18 and Pokemon Gen 11 starter. This is how they will modernize the roster. The only way they will stay is by becoming unusually popular enough to warrant staying power, like Ike or Lucario.

OP never played or lorefagged any of the character he's insisting should be in over and its already evident with his screeching autism for Hades and Andross

Have sex

Unironically what is wrong eith either of those characters being playable in smash? What “lore” is there stopping them from being in?
>inb4 muh medusa was first!!!!!

They saw ultimates plan and knew how much it meant to the fans that snake returned, so they gave in, offered castlevania too (and bomberman as an assist), this doesn’t mean they’ll give in again next game.

maybe people are sick of him being the final boss again in Star Fox?

>being creative with the source material is autistic
Sakurai does this all the time for normal inclusions

Attached: Louie's Dick.png (1280x720, 186K)

Konami is not Square-Enix, the same copyright tangled fucks who weren't gonna go with multiple heroes fighting each other

Isabelle being a costume is already signifies how dumb as shit OP is

Attached: Sakurai on Isabelle.png (678x525, 48K)

Let’s change the topic shall we. How many people out there would buy a new smash just to play as IC, Mr G&W, R.O.B and DH, exactly, ZE-FUCKING-RO, might as well get rid of characters people won’t be excited for anymore, the retro reps are the number one contenders on that list.

(This ice climbers return in the ultimate trailer at e3 last year was just childish so that doesn’t count)

>oc is autism

i did
have you, OP?

Sakurai is retarded. They literally have the same body type and mods prove this.

We shouldn't be keeping Meta Knight if he's the only character besides the original rivals. Air Ride's roster is garbage.

>mods
you mean the ones that has ugly steve playable over simon?

You didn't change the topic at all. You're still projecting your own opinions onto Sakurai, the person who added these characters in first place. If he didn't think they were worth adding, he wouldn't keep adding them every single game. How many people would play a new Smash game for a Piranha Plant? Doesn't matter because he still added it.

How is this even related to what I said, deal with it, Konami, square and heck even Microsoft all won’t have characters next game, screencap this so I can laugh at you when it’s proven true.

>lying on the internet
Why would someone do this?

No? Don’t be intentionally retarded.

I’m sure sakurai is aware that next smash he’ll need to change his ways a little and make decisions he doesn’t want to I’ll end this here, but I hope one of those choices he decides to make is cutting retro reps.

mods prove ugly steve can be playable and a simon clone
can't you see how stupid Sakurai is for not doing this?

Regardless, the prediction roster posted is simply based on his past actions. Whether he begins to act totally different from how he usually does is besides the point, but I don't see it happening.

I feel like, worst case, Duck Hunt and maybe Ice Climbers will be cut.
I say Ice Climbers because it happened before, but I say maybe because it was only due to hardware.
Otherwise, I can't ROB or Game and Watch getting the axe.

Andross is a giant fucking floating head and resorting to his Zero design looks fuck retarded like the entire game itself.
he's also not a popular Star Fox choice for Smash, like Wolf, Slippy, Leon, and Krystal was.

Hades shouldn't even be in over not only Medusa, but Viridi, Phosphora, Magnus, Pandora, or Pyrrhon.
Medusa and Viridi have it real good, because they could be just last minute inclusions.
Hades is the one-off boss that isn't even half as popular as Magnus, who was highly requested back in pre-Smash 4, or Phosphora's fucking teat.

Viridi is also stupid popular as well but Sakurai's doing a great job on not wanking of his OCs on the roster again

sucking dicks isn't sex OP
let's see that gaping asshole

Legit autism.

>Medusa, but Viridi, Phosphora, Magnus, Pandora, or Pyrrhon.
What the fuck am I reading?

Attached: 85E68DFD-7C46-4D29-A85A-D201FECAB01D.png (185x198, 106K)

A sakurai with a different approach to things would certainly improve and spice things up.

You first faggotron.

mods prove his point tho
find me a Isabelle model swap that actually don't look buggy as shit

Hades is the main villain of kid icarus nigger what the fuck are you talking about?

>no u

youtu.be/BZYtP2ID8IE

I want DH cut the most out of all of them, I honestly wouldn’t mind if IC stayed as our only retro rep, however I disagree I hope R.O.B and mr G&W are axed, even if their legacy characters, the next smash doesn’t need 4 of them, one of them is enough and probably will be IC due to how they play.

>cutting Meta Knight
>Ribbon Girl
Fuck off

I would replace Zelda with Ghirahim

Exactly. We NEED Medusa in. Sexy evil women is an often overlooked category.

>That’s like saying girahim should be in over ganondorf or demise
Who the fuck wants Demise over Ghirahim?

If anything, I'd rather see Duck Hunt, ROB or Game & Watch stay since they represent Hardware out of specific games, even if I do like the Ice Climbers.
And I doubt Sakurai is going to cut any of them, including the Ice Climbers, I just see them and Duck Hunt as the most expendable considering how recently the former was added and the latter's complexity. Even if the Ice Climbers ended up cut, they'd probably be the first in line for a Melee veteran to return than any other who gets cut (besides maybe Mewtwo).

>no argument
mods prove Goku doesn't have to be a Miii to be playable in Smash
can't you see how stupid Sakurai is for not doing this?

Akuma is better fit desu

do prove Hades is anything more popular than these characters, ESPECIALLY Viridi or Medusa
even Japan thinks Hades is boring as shit

>Dark Samus as Metroid Prime
huh

Hades was yet another throwaway final boss, like Orcos was.
i don't see any reason to add that giant Ganondorf retread over Palutena.

They're close enough. All you'd have to do is change a few specials.

the burdon of proof is on you faggot. prove how any of those characters are popular.

>those extended arms and wonky run
>that fucking Incineroar mod
thank for proving my point
i bet you were that guy insisting Black Knight, a hulking piece of armor, should echo Ike

maybe because palutena is the navi of kid icarus?

>replacing a unique character for Marth but gay
>from a shit Zelda too
yikes

not him but I have literally never seen anyone ask for a kid icarus character that isn't hades or medusa.

SS was a good game and Ghirahim was amazing

Also SSBU Zelda is extremely out of character as is anyway so it'd be no loss

Nobody knows what’s going to happen I apologise for making myself look like i am going to be right, I can only have hopes even though this is one that I think could slightly be crushed.

>Dissing the lord of the underworld
shame

Attached: 1505858365066.jpg (680x383, 61K)

>No bro it's okay trust me bro Metroid Prime works bro everyone wants it

Attached: Prime-Boss-Concept-Big-Metroids.jpg (1259x959, 360K)

-Viridi actually gotten a Mii costume twice plus a fully modeled stage appearance, cameos in Palutena's Guidance, Palutena's alt. costume, part of Dark Pit's moveset differences (if you actually played the game of course), a Legend spirit,, and a unique modeled trophy. just enough for bastards call her Sakurai's Lightning like they did with Palutena
-Phosphora and Magnus got ATs for sake of popularity
-Medusa is one of Palutena's alts, mentioned in Palutena's Guidance, and one of the strongest maxed out spirits in Ultimate even above Final Form Hades. (which is clever, she fucking blew off Hades' head off in Uprising)

Hades has jackshit and manage to trip over Medusa once again within Smash. he's not even at least an alt for Dark Pit and pitting his spirit and Medusa's spirit with their respective puppet fighter CPUs always result the green whore winning the match.

Hades is not even the most discussed KI character at Smashboards between Smash 4, 4's DLC, and Ultimate where you see Medusa and Viridi having the most discussion (and Magnus, if we're talking about 4)

Viridi and Dark Pit were also ranked highly in one of the Nintendo Club popularity polls in Japan and Hades is nowhere to be seen (which i've already said Japan barely likes their version of Hades)

Attached: viridi.png (946x472, 141K)

OP is seriously pretending nobody rallied Dark Samus with (and against, remember anti-Ridleyfags) Ridley and thought Metroid Prime would be the dumber alternative

and Zelda wasn't?
she was either an alternate ego with Sheik or a guide like in LttP prior to her inclusion

and Palutena was at least a boss, which is more than Zelda could wish for before Twilight Princess.

>They're close enough.
not even
go push your dumb idea someplace else, cutfag

you be surprise how much people wanted Viridi in the game, especially Japan
she was right behind Ashley in terms of how much ped- i mean people wanted her in

>Cut Falco and Wolf, add a fucking head instead
>Cut Lucas but add Porky instead of having all 3
>Cut metaknight...add a sphere.
Fuck off. Cutfags, you are all mentally ill.

>Gooigi semi-clone
>But Ribbon Girl is an echo
Do you even play other games outside of smash?

SS sucked ass and Ghirahim got real dumb once Demise came to the picture
and why is SSBU Zelda out of character? because her design actually makes sense with Smash recent styles and her regal character

goes to show somebody who liked Link's ugly self in SS

Autism

>zero arguments
and where's the small reference for Metroid Prime?

He has none

All this effort on this moveset when in reality he’d be nothing more than an Olimar clone

the big, fat roster is the beating heart of this series. You CAN trim a bit of fat, like 15 characters max (Dr. Mario, PP, Dark Samus, Roy, you know), but halving the roster means killing the series on the spot

If you want to trim worthless, resource-sucking content, start with the gigantic story modes, hilarious overkill stage count, and half-assed novelty like stage builder

Attached: 1518450405509.jpg (299x293, 9K)

then make him a good one then

Attached: Louie Moveset (Survival Instincts).jpg,.jpg (2595x3230, 1.31M)

>He
wrong nigger
now show yourself out OP

Attached: Dark Samus for footfags.png (1109x1745, 797K)

>Zerofagging
This is the first time I've seen someone request Kirby Zero to be in Smash.

Yeah, imagine putting effort into things...

Even then, what’s the point of cutting echos and clones if they take so little time to develop?

Maybe something like this?

Attached: roster.jpg (1368x583, 774K)

exactly

Yeah, especially fanfiction that only ten other people would care about...

still more than people cared about pic related

Attached: shinhed-echi's Erdrick Moveset jpg.jpg (800x1300, 1.35M)

Retroreps are based and Smash is about Nintendo history.

That is weirdly accurate, whoa, even the fucking kicks.

>gets rid of jig but adds fucking gooigi

Attached: 1540710191069.jpg (480x639, 114K)

>Pauline echo while Daisy and Doc reduced to costumes
Fuck you and the house you were born in.

>Replacing Daisy with Pauline
>Not just Decloning Daisy

Attached: Delete.jpg (650x320, 65K)

Daisy is already a glorified costume though

What an awful selection

a hardcore DQfag made it
i love how he manage to give Erdrick a summon ability with Whistle
no way i think of that after my playthrough with DQ3 and 8

too bad Hero doesn't have it in his moveset

you now realize costumes must differentiate into echoes once the aesthetics alter too independently

Don't care, Daisy sold me my copy of Ultimate and I see no reason to go back to playing pretend with Peach's pussy Minnie-Mouse pipes anymore.

>playing pretend with Peach's pussy
this sounds kinda hot

this is the core roster of the series, you are missing characters

Attached: smash core roster.png (2164x628, 1.75M)

This core cannot be beaten