Is Klonoa the most forgotten Platformer Character...

Is Klonoa the most forgotten Platformer Character? I mean people still talk about Bubsy to this day thanks to those bad reboots

Also Klonoa thread i guess

Attached: tumblr_p19nq9wB541rwplwzo1_500.png (500x502, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTi2tRJEHtk&list=PLB0xooEkKbSa4Dbqg7P17566ua7IwT5q0&index=14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is Klonoa the most forgotten Platformer Character?
Maybe, it's a double edge sword. Could you imagine the autism if it grew popular like Sonic did? A part of me is kind of glad that it never got that far for that very reason.

People still talk about him, unlike stuff like Croc or Plok or Bug! or Jersey Devil or Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Also >:)

Blinx the time sweeper is more forgotten

I got a copy of Klonoa 2 and the save feature is fucked, doesnt even read the memory card dammit

Gex, Glover.

Guess you're just gonna have to complete the game in one take. :^)

No, there's like hundreds of super famicom platformers nobody on this board has ever heard of
Also I want to caress klonoa's torso

You leave Klonoa alone, poor boy has been through enough with Bamco trying to kill him off and all that. Go harass Guntz instead.

I'll never forget him, user
He's always in my thoughts, my dreams and my heart

Nah.
There's Jazz Jackrabbit, Zool, Aero the Acrobat, Awesome Possum, Jill of the Jungle, Zero the Kamikaze Squierrel, Hocus from Hocus Pocus, the Giana Sisters (despite newish games), Sparkster from Rocket Knight (shitty remake didn't help), Billy Hatcher, Alex Kidd, Shyna Nera Shyna from Silhouette Mirage; just to name a few.

Attached: Jazz Jackrabbit.jpg (639x361, 29K)

Nah, there's plenty of other far-less successful platformer heroes. None of them are as cute as he is, though.

Klonoa is in a weird place where he was good, but not "good enough".

His design was a lot better than all the other Sonic wanna be of the 90's (no attempt to be "rad"), and his game was just good, so there was nothing to meme him about. He just... was in the wrong console to be honest. Back then, Sony didn't want to have nothing to do with 2D games, and the PS one have so many games, and so many GREAT ones, that without Sony's support in the marketing, Klonoa just got lost in the crew.

We all remember the bad Mascots like Bubsy, for their awful games, and cringy designs, no matter on which consoles they were release. Klonoa... you either like the game, or not. But, as good as his games were, there isn't much to stand out beyond how wholesome the were, and the fuck up ending of the first one, so you can't find them on many list for "best of the psx", and, at the very least, he is not a meme like the other 90's mascots, though that means not that many people find out about him this days.

Lets be real, the Bubsy reebot exists just for the memes, and the general feeling they give is "why?", they are are not even as awful as people remember the original games, they are just so mediocre it's hard to even remember them.

So yeah, that's Klonoa's problem, he was a good mascot in a good game, nothing to meme him for, but his game wasn't good enough to stand out in the console it was release, and without being a flagship mascot like Sonic or Mario, he never got much of a following.

Not everything is bad, his fandom, even with some blacksheeps., lacks most of all the weirdness that Sonic bring upon himself, and again, he was never turned into a meme as all the other 90`s mascots.

So yeah, it may takes decades before Namco figure out what to do with the little guy, but not everything is bad for him.

>Rocket Knight
Though, just like Klonoa, he is also remember fondly... I think the key was to (besides making a good game, from starters), not trying to rip off Sonic so blatantly on the "90´s attitude" And just make a solid design.

Klonoa is a cute cat bunny thing, in a cute fantasy dream world, Rocket is a fantasy armadillo in a fantasy steamworld like world. This are solid ideas with solid designs, with solid games behind them. Everyone who played those games remembers them fondly. But, the were not the flagship of a console like Sonic and Mario were, and got lost in the crew of 90´s mascots. It's a shame, but there are worst fates.

more like ape escape's protagonists because sony thinks it's just the apes

how would a new klonoa game work out?

The same as most indie games right now, a cute Platformer game, with some sad stuff underneath I guess, maybe some hidden Lore about Klonoa himself if they want to expand upon it. As long as it gets some budget, it can find a place between Megaman XI and the DK country returns games.

Yes, he is, and that is unacceptable.
Yeah, you're probably right, but at least he could be at Bubsy tier of popularity, come on.
This guy too.
Nah, Gex is still discussed, and Glover too.
Billy and Alex are still discussed in SEGA threads if there are any on this website
Sparkster is kinda dead, unfortunately

I think I agree with BUT
If it has to be an "indie" game
We need
>LOTS of non-hidden Lore about the franchise since anything serious was only implied in the first two games
>Needs to be based on the dead webcomic

>dead webcomic
what?

Part of something called shiftylook a few years back, namco trying to bring attention to their underused IPs. Then they just shut it down out of the blue.

Attached: KlonoaWebcomic0-noscale.jpg (847x1200, 527K)

Klonoa isn't forgotten, people still want to fuck him

He's definitely the most forgotten mascot-type character of that era that actually matters. Others like Banjo Parappa, etc. still get merchandise and are remembered by their parent companies, even if they're probably never going to get another game. Meanwhile Bamco probably isn't even aware of Klonoa's existence with how they treat him. He's gotten a bit of bigger following in recent years (Since around 2016ish) but it's still pretty small.

He's forgotten because their company wants him to be

basically this. I don't know what the fuck Klonoa did to Bamco, but they clearly want him dead.

>Klonoa 2 still emulates like shit

Attached: 1494647118487.jpg (505x507, 110K)

klonoa will live forever in my heart

We do Klonoa threads a little differently around here, pal.

i miss klonoa

Crossdressing klonoa game when?

Attached: DcZ47YtUwAA5Jyr.jpg (864x523, 46K)

the only people who know who klonoa is are gay furries that want to fuck him

Rocket Knight was the shit, had it way back when. Wish that reboot did better, would have bought it if I had money at the time. Still, love the music from the original; youtube.com/watch?v=QTi2tRJEHtk&list=PLB0xooEkKbSa4Dbqg7P17566ua7IwT5q0&index=14

Attached: Rocket.gif (450x242, 27K)

Attached: 5624e91e345f5b1831dc26bc10153b25.png (1000x1025, 48K)

...and that's a good thing!

He's very sexy desu.

Attached: 1562645189020.png (252x367, 80K)

He looks hot

Klonoa is pleased to see you

Attached: 1560801387535.jpg (1003x1200, 100K)