Almost 12 years old

>almost 12 years old
>still the best multiplayer FPS available
How did Valve pull it off?

Attached: 189942407_b2d84473df_b.jpg (990x559, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ll6zaUq-oy8
steamcommunity.com/id/kingofsugarchimpmansion/
youtube.com/watch?v=ArChK-OyIC8
youtube.com/watch?v=JqDo0Y0GYJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

9 years in development

It's a valve game from before they all got replaced by reptilians.

for me it's pyro
I love retard soldiers feeding me rockets

for me it's soldier
I love killing retard pyros by changing my rhythm

agreed, that fucks me up often
if I miss 1 reflect I'll usually miss the next 4 as well
but luckily 90% of soldiers aren't that smart

I've been playing it for 11 years.

It's the sheer variety of gameplay, the fact that I can win games all by myself, and even to this day I still feel as though I'm improving at the game. I don't feel like I've plateaued, there is always some mechanic and strategy that I could do better. It's a very satisfying game to play and I'm constantly smiling whether I win or lose. Even when I die, a time when people usually get upset, I know I died I foresaw the risk of dying walking into any situation. It's an incredible game. Nothing else comes close.

They didn't. It's not a fun game

unironically SOUL. there are few games with a combination of a distinct art style (in a good way) and fantastic gameplay go to with it. overwatch tried to emulate this but fell apart on the SOUL and, most importantly, the gameplay

Attached: DRNLXlUXcAAe3Kp.jpg large.jpg (500x703, 31K)

soul

Attached: 1b9f83j42zd21.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

>Best multiplayer FPS available
But it isn't.
It needs fixing real bad so the playernumbers don't crash completely

Attached: 1562525797697.png (353x452, 289K)

name a better one

Old TF2
But the new TF2 needs to modernize quickly, luckily I know exactly how to fix TF2:
>Only 6v6 games in matchmaking
>Turn off random crits
>No duplicate classes in matchmaking
>Heavy has to reload his minigun
>Everyone gets infinite ammo
>Only payload, koth and attack/defense as matchmaking modes
>Remove trading
>Add competitive rewards so more people play it
>Engineers turret upgrades automatically to lvl 2, but deals less damage
>Dispenser and tele removed
>Spy has infinite cloak and cannot instakill backstab anymore, his main damage is now his revolver
>Rocketjump gets dedicated button and doesn't do damage. It has a cooldown
>Stickyjump gets a dedicated button and doesn't do damage to yourself. It has a cooldown
>You get removed from game if you afk more than 30 secods
>Crouch jump gets removed
>Scout's doublejump gets removed
>Bonk! has a dedicated button with a cooldown
>Jarate has a dedicated button with a cooldown
>Jetpack has a dedicated button with a cooldown
>Every class has only one weapon, melee weapons have been turned into quick-melees which have their own dedicated button
>Air strafing gets removed
>B-hop gets removed
>Every 4-6 months a new class is introduced that completely breaks the meta for 1-12 months

Attached: 1560384817225.png (800x654, 1.1M)

I like aiming rockets above their heads so they have to pivot to reflect it, but it doesn't go back at me and when they turn to face me again I have a shotgun.

Pub servers

#truth
VALVE, ____ ____ ___!

you forgot
>make every class a big ass waifu or a nigger
this makes the game more friendly towards the modern audience

For me, it's scout

>face yet another epic reflect montage pyro with his UwU neon pink cosmetics
>shoot rocket at an off angle
>he tries to get a reflect on it anyway
>does nothing but wastes his ammo and sends the rocket into the floor
>the visible panic when they turn back around and you're holding a shotgun
Shoutout to "bro check out my epic rollout" fags honestly, for making it so that every pyro under the sun forgets soldier can actually equip a secondary weapon

Attached: 1557865253778.jpg (365x346, 20K)

>playing sniper yesterday
>Was good
>Playing sniper today
>now shit
why?

>Playing Soldier
>Run into one of those fancy-pants RIGHT-CLICKING Pyros who think they're so smart
>I just start walking at him
>He backpedals, no fire, trying to anticipate when I'll shoot a rocket at him
>He'll always airblast too soon
>That's my queue to blast him

Works every time.

Attached: tumblr_n7itwdVaJ91rse905o2_r1_500[1].gif (500x281, 958K)

you need to eat some eggs

>f2p
>lootboxes
>almost completely abandoned by valve
it's only okay when valve does it

>its another game where your shotgun deals 4 damage point blank while the enemy's shotgun deals 4000 from 90 yards away

Attached: 1473427553371.png (653x766, 477K)

So you have never played the game?

do you have hitdings enabled? In the early days of TF2, there were no hitdings or damage numbers, so it could be pretty annoying at times to think you've been landing all of your hitscan, but you really weren't.

okay, retard

this has to be bait

Absolute immaculate design. Any change from its formula by something claiming to be inspired by it produces an inferior product. They got it all right the first time around.

ya think?

9 years of development
it was worth the weight

It's a joke, he's obviously just describing Overwatch.

@470238825
>Remove trading
>Valve

Poor bait, 2/10 made me write this post
No u for u

user he's describing overwatch.

Attached: Overwatch classes who didn't made it because too male and too white.jpg (464x444, 50K)

sniper is honestly a wild ride
sometimes you're good while another you're bad
and the worst thing is people only see you when they get killed by you or you get killed by them

>fight enemy pryo
>lightly tap them with flamethrower and then airblast them away
does anyone else do this or am i retarded

Literally 1 year for each class

course i have hitsounds on
my shots just always go around the thing im trying to shoot
doesnt matter what my net settings are, i aim at their torso, and 8 out of the 9 pellets either miss entirely or just phase through the fucker im trying to shoot BUT STILL LEAVE FUCKING BLOODSTAINS ON THEIR BODY
its so frustrating for i've just given up using any hitscan weapon that isnt a minigun or a sentry

>pyro gets ready to airblast my rockets
>start walking up to him without shooting at all
>he's beginning to panic, but is still insistent on trying to reflect a rocket instead of flaming me
>end up at his face and kill him with point blank rockets

Attached: 1562038961220.jpg (805x629, 48K)

i do it too sometimes but its just better to try to aim your flames better than the other pyro since airblasting a pyro away just puts you at a disadvantage because he's most likely still firing his flamethrower and most likely still hitting you and dealing more damage

before it turned to shit with f2p and mannconomy, plenty.

Attached: file.png (305x136, 66K)

>face a pyro
>jump but dont shoot
>they always reflect by instinct
>shoot right after they reflect

fucking hate you flame niggers

So Is it true that heavy Update is coming?

Attached: 2qcXhYe.jpg (7583x1267, 874K)

Of course not. There's like 3 people left on the TF2 team.

yeah that sounds better
i go with flares so killing other pryos is a dps race

no thats just tyler being a retard giving people false hope
valve is 100% focused on DOTA DOTA DOTA DOTA and steam store shit

fuck off Dane

switch pyro and soldier

>Every 4-6 months a new class is introduced that completely breaks the meta for 1-12 months
This has to be the worst thing about modern games. Why the fuck would I want to play a game that turns into something else every few months? Can you imagine if you sat down to play CS, but every 6 months the damage and handling of the weapons was changed? Or they put in a new one?
This is why I've always been so annoyed with these subhuman Dotashitters. On one hand they go:
>WOAH BRO YOU GOTTA PLAY IT THIS IS THE MOST COMPLEX GAME EVER YOU WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF IT IT'S TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE EACH MATCH IS LITERALLY UNPREDICTABLE
But then it's
>lol well they gotta add a new hero to keep the game fresh
How about if your game gets stale after two months because there isn't a new hero to break the meta, your game is shit? How about that? I've playe CS and since I was a kid, and I've never, EVER felt I've peaked at the game. Same can be said for TF2 and countless others. If a game is good, nothing is needed to "freshen" it up.

he is describing overwatch

I know that, faggot, how's that related? I am just saying, Overwatch and Dota are cancer, exactly for that reason.

Jews and compfags ruined this game

By not bending over backwards to appease SJWs and libtards on how their game should be

Attached: free speech.png (450x137, 35K)

this

Attached: 1549286246754.jpg (1072x530, 86K)

easy there big boy

I played TF2 back when it was released mostly against bots and Pyro was my favorite class. Why is Pyro so hated here? Is it because he doesn't require much aiming?

Attached: 1546685330884.jpg (1024x1082, 119K)

Because it was a chad class, and all the edgy shitters loved to play spy, which was easily fucked by a pyro even when he was just blowing fire for no reason at all.

vanilla is soul
that mess on your picture is nothing but soulless

>only 6v6 games in matchmaking
Stopped reading right there. That is exactly why Overwatch is shit. If anything the game should support more players. I want to experience the utter chaos of 32v32

Yeah yesterday I was above average and now I get sniped milliseconds before I can even press mouse key.

it was a jokepost describing things like that user

No assault rifles + no bunnyhopping.

Assault rifles are too good at too many things, leading to really boring player interactions because they have no interesting strengths or weaknesses to play around.

No bunnyhopping means that you can have the positive aspects of the arena shooter without having the game devolve into complete insanity like Quake did.

I think the hate comes from the Phlog days. That's when I saw the worst of it. Phlog doesn't even have airblast, but you'd just see Pyro after Pyro running around with that thing charging up their personal Uber. The worst part was that as soon as they hit the button, they did that laugh animation but I don't think a backstab could kill them while they were doing it because of the buff. You just had to fucking deal with invincible Pyro for a while and it was goddamned obnoxious.

16v16 is better

If you read to the end, it's basically a list of bullshit demands caving to the tryhard community, followed up with "just like Overwatch!" basically.

And personally I think changing the match-making system to be more like Overwatch was the biggest fucking mistake of the game. I used to enjoy the old pub system.

Attached: 1557098855266.png (950x788, 211K)

The sad thing is, the trend was definitely going into the other direction.
Lots of pubs had 16v16, sadly no game exists that is willing to take it into consideration.
Also the only reason 6s exist, is because no org is willing to provide salaries for 12 player. Absolutely no one. Don't believe them if they come with other explanations.

Blizzdrones were mad for a week after this.

Once upon a time, Valve put their heart and soul into their games. During those 10 years of development, they went from military "realistic" shooter Brotherhood of Arms, to more human vs alien, still very drab, to overtly cartoon like you'd see in Newsground or a cheap Saturday morning cartoon, until finally landing on the TF2 we love today.
They could've released the game at several moments and they would've been dead long ago, but they had a vision for what this game could be.

Attached: ccc.png (528x2356, 1.6M)

>kills the quickplay
FUCK BANNY
FUCK DANE
AND FUCK OTHER E-KEKS/NU-YOUTUBERS THAT ARE TRYING TO KILL THE GAME

Attached: bumcu2v3laiz.jpg (1248x1080, 120K)

Think of how varied player interactions are in TF2 compared to other multiplayer shooters. It's all because hitscan is kept on a leash and you can't just hose an enemy down with bullets the moment you see them.

I haven't played tf2 for awhile, but the style of the art was so much of it for me. They fucked that up with out of character hats. They could have kept hats, ones that fit the characters, but shit like the alien hat was the start of the end.

The issue was crosspromotion items. It drove the quality down and made Valve go, fuck it, accept anything.

OH NO ALL OF 20 BUGGED WEAPONS BANNED 6S IS LITERALLY RUINING TF2 B4NNY JUST CANT HANDLE MY SICK SODAPOPPER SKILLS

Attached: pub.png (1273x445, 205K)

That's why cosmetics are always cancer: there's no money in restraint.

If your only issue is with the visuals, just run dxlevel 81 + no hats mod

>i'm gonna take a break from TF2
>proceed to play for 5-7 hours and hour or to after i say that
help

TF2 is the Smash Bros of competitive shooters.

siege is way better

Overwatch is unironically a much better game

fight me boomer turds

Final comic when?

Attached: ms_pauling_comic_2048x1536.jpg (2048x1536, 555K)

I know you mean in the sense that the "competitive mode" strips out all of the content, but it just reminds me of the golden age when a big TF2 update could rock Yea Forums the same way a Nintendo Direct or any Smash news dominates the catalog.

You can enjoy more than one thing at a time.

Attached: DQYb6egWAAAIA9K.png (848x560, 336K)

6s is better

>play tf2 for hundreds of hours with friends
>become competent scout
>Anytime I play scout I am now "tryharding"

Fuck this game and fuck the people who play it, just because I'm baseline better than you f2p shitters doesn't make me tryhard

Heeey wait a second, you are being sarcastic aren't you?

Attached: 1521658030866.png (890x661, 166K)

>it's a pyro who spams M2 then runs away when I start shitting on him

Attached: bitch ass nigga.jpg (454x445, 35K)

Remember when there were 24/7 threads saying OVERWATCH WILL KILL TF2 and it just ends up fucking up not even a year later while TF2 hit a new peak?

Attached: 1540341390039.jpg (475x475, 41K)

im stealing this

Attached: noice.png (282x204, 82K)

i just shitpost as huntsman now but its fun

Attached: 1549515740081.png (360x360, 39K)

>aussie shitposting
of course

The only thing that will kill TF2 is Valve rendering it somehow unplayable, and I mean in the literal sense, not some balance issue or loadout you don't like.

>playing a dead game like TF2 when Overwatch exists
yikes

It's just simply fun. The characters, the weapons, the physics, the humor, the levels, everything.

It's fucking F U N vidya user.

Attached: fun;.jpg (512x589, 65K)

>Playing Soldier in Upward
>See Pyro standing still, ready to airblast my rockets
>Take a few steps forward
>He takes a few steps back
>I stop
>He does as well
>I pull out my shotgun
>He pulls out a Conscious Objector with pic related
>Jumps off the cliff
>I die from a spy backstabbing me because I'm laughing so much

Attached: 558660_v1.jpg (610x203, 203K)

I wanted Overwatch to be good. It was only fun for the first month of the game when I could Shuriken/Melee/Dash combo as Genji to assassinate enemies and when I could reset my double jump by wallclimbing. I really didn't give two shits about my ultimate, I was single-handedly winning games by pure skill and when it would show me at the "Play of the game" highlight I would smugly type "always." in chat.

Then they gutted Genji and proceeded to only make the game worse. I completely stopped playing by the end of 2016. Very sad

Attached: csbkszl[1].jpg (600x342, 37K)

Remember people, Tetris is a bad game because it came out in 1984.

youtube.com/watch?v=ll6zaUq-oy8

this is the tf2 mindset, if they can't insta someone it's no fun.
I bet you play demo or soldier too.

shit like this is why i still play tf2 today

Remember people. old games are good, no need to make new games

this song resonates with my soul

Attached: 1559115199395.jpg (463x462, 72K)

Attached: yuta.jpg (870x870, 69K)

Who said anything of the sort? Just because new games come out doesn't mean old games need to die.

>played since release
>quit after a while
>came back during hats update
>played for a couple years then quit
>pay $20 for lmaobox last year
>play it on and off ever since
it's fun as fuck just chilling with legit cheats on soldier dominating 8 players at a time every match and no one calls me out on my projectile aimbot

youre retarded lol
soulless NPCs cant recognize soul

Then stop getting kneejerky when people point out that your favourite hat shooter is dead and buried.
Valve does not care, why should I?

You're the one with the kneejerk reaction, mate. TF2 is still very much alive, still being played and people still enjoy talking about it.
You cared enough to come into a thread for a game you don't care about to shitpost.

Attached: Dwh-o-9VsAATJqy.jpg (500x394, 37K)

>paying for cheats

lol say what now? I just posted my opinion, just as you posted yours.
>You cared enough to come into a thread for a game you don't care about to shitpost.
If any remotely negative opinion about your game is shitposting, I understand why TF2 is dead.

>playing a dead game like TF2 when Overwatch exists
>yikes
>not shitposting
There's a lot to complain about in TF2, but even the Overwatch comparison is old by this point.

Even tribes ascend is better than current tf2, this game is pure cancer which is all the more reason why Yea Forums loves it

>please don't use certain keywords or else I will say you are shitposting >:(
>also please don't compare this game with another more successful game even though I do the same when I shitpost in your threads
Fuck off hatman

>gets mad because he's been called out
like pottery

>gets mad because his game is dead
stop shitposting

>Assuming I post in threads about games I don't care about
Sure thing, friend.

Attached: 562.png (665x701, 339K)

Unfounded levels of projection right here

why is that demo holding a flamethrower?

>play sniper in 6v6
>win
>banned for offclassing
great mode

He's drunk.

Are all hatboys insecure about their shitty game? lol

so then why is that scout holding the original?

Attached: 1282758661592.jpg (598x448, 33K)

You almost had me there.

Attached: 1545959398861.gif (397x345, 75K)

>remove hats
>90% of your playerbase is gone

teamfortards lol

No I haven't played TF2 in years I just think you're a faggot. TF2 has had lasting appeal something that Overwatch is already struggling with severely.

He's cocky and thinks he can do better than soldier.
It's likely a randomizer server.

>shit that never happened.jpg

oh i forgot these servers existed
i never even played in one

Is Dota even doing that well these days?

It's still bad, you go into casual matches and you'll find pyros with fucking pocket medics. Pyro builds up his meter, activates it and the medic uses uber and now you're dealing with an enemy that can't be damaged, deals crits AND leaves afterburn. Took out me and my teammates when we were about to get the point.

Killing people with the medic crossbow is very satisfying, especially when it's a sniper from across the map

It's actually really fun, you'll find yourself laughing pretty quickly at the utter ridiculousness of it

They can be fun just for the sake of seeing a total clusterfuck of OP and broken sets, never knowing what to expect from the enemy.

>TF2 has had lasting appeal
>aka it's free

>Is it because he doesn't require much aiming?
mostly, yeah. Also, he got massive buffs in an update like 2 years ago.

competitive tweaks killed alot of the fun
Overwatch was the most successful TF2 killer so far imo, just for that.

>No I haven't played TF2 in years
>Overwatch is already struggling with severely.
>I haven't played TF2 in years

lol

What's the best game mode and why is it payload?

Because he's braindead and annoying
>Airblast takes away all your mobility, denies ubers, spammable, and costs pyro nothing. Free kills on upward.
>Scorch shot does 135 damage at any range, cripples healing, stuns you, and is easy to land hits with
>Flamethrower is the most braindead weapon in the game and you can get kills using a fucking steering wheel
>Flamethrower damage is very inconsistent. sometimes it will just melt you instantly if you're unlucky
>Flames are opaque now so you can't fucking see on top of the afterburn effect already being disorienting and throwing your aim off
>Makes engie even stronger and makes it easy to stalemate the game. Can't even sap his gun anymore because of the fucking homewrecker.
>Pyro players are suicidal idiots and will do stupid plays like run into your entire team over and over just to set everybody on fire for a few seconds
>Worthless on offense and will just feed the enemy heavy/engineer kills over and over because they're too shit to play anything else
Fuck Pyro

>aka it has customization far beyond skins

>aka it has customization far beyond skins
>dude it has hats too it's much better than Overshit!
90% of its weapons are shit and the rest are unbalanced. lol

>all disabled in valve servers

What weapons are unbalanced?

>mobilityfag
>scorch shot does 135 damage
>flamethrower is braindead blah blah blah what's an airblast?
>flamethrower damage can be aimed better for more damage
>valid complaint, I will give you that
>just use the iron bomber if you want to kill an engineer nest by yourself dude
>pyro players are CHADS
>worthless on offense if they're not using a flare gun against a heavy
>

Dunno and I don't care, I stopped playing after going F2P.
>b-b-b-but how do you know?!
Judging from the nerds in hat threads always complaining about weapons and classes, balance is down the drain, not that TF2 was ever balanced in any meaningful way.

and it has maps, sprays, decals, usernames that can't be only 12 characters long, weapon skins, taunts, hats / weapons that count your score, viewmodel settings, mods on community servers, and more that I can't be assed to look for
overwatch just has skins, emotes, voice lines, and pre-selected sprays. that's IT, there is nothing else that will show up or matter during a game

There will never be a game as good as tf2 again since no modern dev shares valve's culture.
Understand, Valve's model of business was not sustainable. It was only possible because because of three things
>Valve gets lots of money from steam
>They only hire the absolute best, people who probably could make bank elsewhere
>Its completely owned by a single guy that believes games are art who doesn't have to answer to investors' demands and insisted that people make the best games possible
This is true about basically everything Valve made. It was only so good because Valve was a sanctuary for smart passionate freaks to make games. There was nobody telling them they should include this or that to appeal to a demographic and the people creating where actual geniuses.
Its pretty obvious how they pulled it off really, and its also obvious why can't just happen regularly.

Attached: 1552566405606.png (300x458, 187K)

FIX THE FFFFFFFFFFUCKING AUTOBALANCE
IT WORKED JUST FINE ASKING YOU IF YOU WANTED OR NOT, WHY REMOVE IT?

Congratulations, you're retarded.

Small question:
Why is the shooting star over a key?

>there are people playing TF2 who were born AFTER the release of TF2

Its been reverted ages ago...?

why are there so many "veterans" that feel the irresistible urge to tell EVERYONE that they stopped playing after F2P / mann-conomy for no reason over and over again

Limited ran crate that not a lot of people got since there was a playerbase dip which bounced back and now people want it since its cool and new to them.

Exactly.

>reskin for sniper's best primary
you tell me

Because they're newfags LARPing as oldfags

Because they never actually cared for the game in the first place. The core gameplay of TF2 is what makes the game fun, and that hasn't changed at all since its inception. Fuck em'. Download TF2 again, you oldfags, it's still fun as fuck.

>expecting people who complain about games they don't play to actually play them
>on Yea Forums

Pyro is the black sheep of TF2's roster that's only played by trannies

It's a game that you actually play and need mechanical skill for, not watching board full of RNG

you do realize nearly every character in overwatch has an instakill ability?

You now remember old TF and global servers with no moderation chat.

Baseddier main here. I respect pyros, and I respect everyone that plays TF2 :) except friendlies

TF2 was pretty well balanced until they started adding weapons beyond the alternates offered by class patches back in the day. The nightmare that was the engineer patch and everyone playing the engineer.

holy shit that's stupid, games should be 32 players at all times

It's just shitposting for the most part. If balancing was so bad, people wouldn't even talk about this game, they'd just quit and not care.

TF2 was before the esports meme where multiplayer games are just bait for casuals who want to feel important because of 1 million dollar tournaments. Its a game completely and utterly focused on the idea of having fun and murdering each other with a sense of community. It's what makes the game so much fun to go back to, its not about leaderboards, about rank, about anything than just pure fun. It's just a fun timewaster game with nuance that provides multiple ways to play around. Its unfortunate that games with such a good sense of mindless fun and community don't exist nowadays.

The game is balanced in that most weapons that aren't stock are downgrades and not even worth using. There are very few truly overpowered weapons left, really just scout's secondaries and the wrangler.

The wrangler isn't overpowered but the rescue ranger is.

A free 650hp damage sponge that can still do a shitload of damage while being wrangled is in no way balanced. The fists of steel got nerfed for less.

obliterated

Agreed, and I'm someone who wants to buff a lot of those weapons back to relevancy again. To me, a good chunk of the enjoyment I get out of TF2 is based around how a seemingly infinite amount of selections that 24 people on a server can make. A good player should be able to figure out a way to counter any opposing strategy. This is why I hate class limits, weapon bans, and low player numbers like 6 vs 6. The most fun I've had in TF2 are where 24 people are thrown into a server and are trying different loadouts to win. If you die, it's your fault, and you should learn how to not die when you face the same situation again, not ban the weapon that person was using because it's OP or unfun. So what if a Heavy can get to mid with a Soldier whipping him? Do something about it. That's the fun of TF2 for me.

Attached: 1508394663800.jpg (742x880, 147K)

downloading

Lmao just get out of the sentry's line of fire, which should have a break unless he built in the middle of a room like an idiot wanting to be raped from all angles and kill the engie with splash then follow up on the sentry. EASY

prepare to get addicted

no women and the only nigger is an alcoholic

>and it has maps, sprays, decals, usernames that can't be only 12 characters long, weapon skins, taunts, hats / weapons that count your score, viewmodel settings, mods on community servers
Yeah and they all look like shit.

Have fun.

Attached: 1523143417696.jpg (600x800, 70K)

Those weapons are nothing compared to the crossbow and ubersaw's nonsense

>he doesn't front line as sniper

Attached: 1562604024166.jpg (923x881, 349K)

>no women

Attached: 1.png (720x720, 576K)

you had me for a second there
>Bonk! has a dedicated cooldown
lol

Attached: lancer.png (1440x1569, 256K)

dude, 3 whole women!

>pre-selected sprays
Horrible, fucking horrible. People who support, or partake, or even enjoy having pre-selected sprays are no fun allowed fags.

Attached: 1562458902964.png (510x255, 142K)

>So what if a Heavy can get to mid with a Soldier whipping him? Do something about it
There isn't anything you can do about it. There's no way to know the enemy team is bringing a heavy to mid on the first round and they take it for free.
>But you can take a sniper to mid next time!
And maybe next time they don't bring a heavy and your team loses mid again because you're essentially fighting 5v6. You can't know what the enemy team is going to bring beforehand. And even if they do now mid has slowed to a crawl while everyone crowds around their specialist class and waits for the other team to make a bad move. Games should be decided by tactics, dm, and coordination not fucking class rock paper scissors and luck.

Who needs more than 1 anyway?

Attached: tumblr_n7cae6NogK1r4134ko6_250.gif (250x241, 1.33M)

>lusting after a confirmed lesbian
lol and I thought tf2 was redpilled

Aren't you forgetting someone, Ms Pauling?

Attached: 016.png (2048x1536, 1.68M)

Lesbians don't exist user. They are all bisexuals.

Don't post your hours, guys. You're just embarrassing yourselves.
proof: steamcommunity.com/id/kingofsugarchimpmansion/

Attached: MuhHours.png (642x255, 66K)

c&c renegade shit all over this trash heap, and it came out years earlier

>Lmao just get out of the sentry's line of fire
Not an option when it's last point and it's watching the objective.
>Kill the engie
He can stand in his spawn door and hold the wrangler out and put himself in zero risk. He doesn't even have to shoot you just by having that gun he forces you to overcommit and throw players at him because if you don't the sentry will wipe your team after the uber is over. Can you not see why this weapon is stupid? It gets even worse with the RR because he can tank extra damage now and teleport his gun into spawn when it gets focused and be completely safe.

I get what you're saying, I've heard it before, but notice this never actually happened when the no weapon bans 6 vs 6 league was tried out earlier this year. People were using the goddamn vaccinator, my least favorite weapon in the game, and games rarely, if ever, felt slower than any other 6s game. It was absolutely more fun to watch, and play I'm sure. There's always a way to counter absured strategies, because each class has their weaknesses. Also, by choosing a Heavy, you don't have a pocket Soldier, so you lose bombing potential and high ground. Even the most absurd strategies like 3 heavies and 3 medics can be defeated by exploiting weaknesses.

What's your most played class, and how many hours?

post hours by class for true embarrassment

Attached: 1559694286671.png (369x944, 115K)

okay, so how you approach it depends on how he's using it
try to sap it
>hurr durr I can't get close enough because of some shit I just made up
look bruh just work with your team its not invincible in the slightest (however I will agree the RR is annoying as fuck and shouldn't exists since no engie should be able to repair their shit at range as that is against the games original design)

my power level is half of yours
thanks to idling, being afk, or on the menu of course

damn............ they..... were..... right...........

Attached: 1231.jpg (846x100, 15K)

>but notice this never actually happened when the no weapon bans 6 vs 6 league was tried out earlier this year
Yeah because when you can bring or use anything one heavy is small beans compared to say two vaccinated demos or soldiers bombing into your team constantly. The vaccinator is pure fucking aids and would kill the scene if it was ever unbanned.

If I could remove one weapon from the game, it'd definitely be the Vaccinator. What a piece of shit wepaon.

>try to sap it
he goes soldier
your team loses the fight because it's effectively 5v6. Do you think 6s players didn't try this basic fucking pub strategy retard? The wrangler was unbanned in 6s and tested again and rebanned because there is no answer to it. It is a free damage sponge with no counterplay.

>6s
user stop, nobody plays comp in tf2 and if you actually did you wouldn't be walled by such an old ass weapon since you'd be good at the game

Not him but you should've at least specified you were talking about 6s.

Maybe a stupid suggestion but why not have comp only use stock? That way, it's an equal playing field for everyone and Valve can go back to buffing weapons for fun instead of nerfing the unlockables.

Attached: expiration_date_01.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

i miss 2008-2012 tf2 so much

>Spy and Sniper at the bottom
based

Not him, but this is why I hate 6 vs 6 and would strongly prefer a tryhard mode that's 9 vs 9 or 12 vs 12. Going spy and weakening your frontlines to 8 vs 9 is much less of a hit than 5 vs 6. 6 vs 6 will fail as a gamemode because you're fucking over people who don't want to play Soldier/Scout/Demo/Medic.

>No I haven't played TF2 in years
>is already struggling with severely.
This is the average TF2Fagboy, everybody

>6s sucks because you force people to play the Scout/Soldier/Demo meta
>YOU RETARD, PEOPLE CAN STILL OFFCLASS TO HEAVY, SPY, OR ENGI IN SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES
>oh cool, here's a situation where a spy would be benefici-
>NO YOU RETARD, YOU'RE MAKING IT 5 VS 6 NOW

Fuck off, god I hate you 6s-fags

It's the same for pubs. Yes you can beat a wrangled gun because one player can be spy and it's not a big deal then it becomes a matter of which strategy requires more coordination to pull off. A coordinated demo uber + sap or engie pressing 2. Oh and good fucking luck if there are 2+ engies using wrangler and they aren't building their shit on top of each other or a pyro airblasting ubers away and spychecking. It's not fun to play against in any format. We've all seen engie spam on last, it's a popular strategy because it's not hard to do and it's effective.

How is a spy going to hold his own against a scout or soldier in a team fight? Explain that to me retard.

How can it be the best multiplayer FPS available when it hasn't been good since 2009?

Yes, people can spam engis, but you're forgetting two things

1) A team with 4 engis has literally no frontlines.
2) Sentry nests take a long time to set up, and if the attacking team is any good, you should be able to prevent that from even happening.

Even putting aside balance issues the logistics of organizing HL or 24 player matches is impossible.

I never said a spy can do that, but in a 9 vs 9 setting, weakening your team to 8 vs 9 by going spy is much less of a problem than weakening your team to 5 vs. 6. That's my point. 6s prevents non-generalist classes from having a consistent role.

How can such an old game still run like complete shit? I have a pretty decent PC and still struggle to get 144fps most of the time. I have no problem achieving 144 is any other FPS. Only TF2.

Attached: 1540768913104.png (860x860, 157K)

Because there are some unlocks that are good and add a lot to the format like winger, gunboats, kritz, etc. Gunboats meta has made the entire format more fast paced and encourages aggressive play which is always a good thing.

I understand that, but I'm just talking about what I want as an official Competitive game mode in TF2.

It wasn't good in 2009 though.

there is something that really gets me mad about how everyone obsesses with aggressive play but I have no clue how to describe it
would a weapon that makes you invincible, immune to knockback and 50% faster for 10 seconds be allowed because it encourages aggressive play?

HL has its own problems. Sniper controls the pace of the entire match and with more players on each team blowing up a sentry gun becomes less impactful. High level HL teams won't push without 2-3 high impact kills or 4-5 regular kills. The entire format is much slower. The only people who think HL is better haven't actually tried both formats or are trash and only know how to play one class. Plat is filled with sandbagging 6s players for a reason. It's a joke.

If it had counterplay. Gunboats soldiers are fodder for scouts so bombs have to be coordinated together and followed up on by the scouts to be effective. Simply putting on gunboats and throwing yourself at the enemy does not give you an advantage.

I'm not talking about Highlander when I say 9 vs 9. Remember, I'm against class limits, so when I say 9 vs 9, I'm thinking more of 2 Soldiers, 2 Scouts, 1 Demo, 1 Pyro, 1 Heavy, 1 Sniper, 1 Medic, or something.

I'd also be in favor of a simple 12 vs 12 tryhard gamemode where people actually play the fucking game.

i dont know we aren't the ones invading other threads to brag about our game

My friend is thinking of setting up TF2 on Linux. Does anyone know if you can connect to VAC secured servers on a Linux? I saw a random comment that says you can't due to a new VAC update.

But then you run into these problems where you can only, or are expected to, play a very limited way and weapons that are deemed too good or "unpredictable" are banned. While if there was a restriction to only stock weapons, the most balanced TF2 can be, then it has a focus on actual tactic and skill since everyone has the same pros and cons.

black box is for bads

9v9 with no class limits has never been played so anything either of us argue is just going to be theorycrafting. I would imagine the meta would end up with nonstop spam into both chokes with multiple sticky traps making it nearly impossible for either team to push. The more players there are the easier it is to lockdown chokepoints. 6s is the sweetspot where losing just one player will leave one flank very weak. If you could have multiple demos or soldiers in highlander it would be a mess. It would be like 16v16 dustbowl in pubs. Just nonstop spam. You would need specially designed maps to accommodate that many players for a format that already has logistical issues. It doesn't make sense.

There are only 20 weapons banned right now with a good chunk of them being banned because of bugs. 6s is stale because most unlocks are shit and not worth using. That's not the formats fault that's on Valve for their dogshit weapon design.

it's a game where ridiculous shit happens almost every match

Attached: 1547653496987.webm (570x318, 2.23M)

>for their dogshit weapon design.
Not really Valve's fault for having originally designed these weapons for fun instead of competitive.
But again, if the purpose is to have competitive be decided by skill instead of some specific loadouts, why not have stock be the mandatory way to play?

Attached: tf2 stats.png (507x1018, 120K)

Giving him a (You) just to spite you.
Don't fucking post in the first place if you don't want to give him attention, faggot.

>Spy and Sniper at the bottom
truly blessed

>unlocked multiclass crate is now 10 usd
what the fuck?

Never tried to force ESPORTZ that cause the game to be destroyed be retarded balance.

>he doesn't know
valve comp mode to go with the times and now is abandoned

Competitive mode isn't the same as trying to force it to be the next big thing and making the game sterile and soulless in the process.

>I would imagine the meta would end up with nonstop spam into both chokes with multiple sticky traps making it nearly impossible for either team to push.
I don't know man, I just don't see that happening. I think it'd be fun as fuck, and it'd allow for game modes like Payload to be played.

Itsa joke post.

Just gonna keep reminding people that >pic related is the reason why Comp mode is dead. It has nothing to do with lack of interest in and of itself, ctf_turbine, or the lack of weapon/class limits.

Attached: 1559694286671.png (727x104, 60K)

i love obliterating cocky scouts with the direct hit.

>Not really Valve's fault for having originally designed these weapons for fun instead of competitive.
Those two things are not mutually exclusive. See gunboats. And we've had unlocks NOBODY liked that weren't balanced in competitive like the DDS and Reserve shooter. Stop sucking Valve's dick, TF2 is in the shit state that it is because of them.

Payload isn't played because nobody wants to be cart bitch. That's on Valve to fix.

proof on how subjective things are.

looking at the OP pic it looks like a drab, boring bland cheeseball shooter that flopped.
i remember my brother seeing me play and he literally told me that it looked like some knock off game and his friend said it had shitty graphics.

>I hate TF2 because my big brother made fun of me for playing it
Jesus christ, the absolute state of (You). Imagine being this beta.

Attached: B5B89FD2-7549-4FCB-8807-D94D3CD96E3F.png (360x311, 19K)

your brother and his friend were retards then

because a trained chimp could play pyro and top the leaderboard

>Airblast's short range means you had to be close to the dedicated "fuck shit up at close range" class to have your mobility fucked, also it costs him 20-25-50 ammo
>Scorch shot deals 135 damage if you stand around and tank the afterburn for whatever reason, doesn't stun you
>Yes
>Wtf scattergun damage is inconsistent, sometimes scouts can reliably hit me
>Fair
>Spy mains on suicide watch (go demo/heavy/soldier)
>Pyro players are suicidal idiots who will sow discord among your lines, distracting and weakening you all and allowing their team to push easier
>I have never once seen a pyro use the phlogistinator, spycheck, extinguish teammates, pressure enemies with the scorch shot or airblast projectiles
Seethe harder Spy

That's just one step above letting Yea Forums dictate what you can and can not like/play.

just try it again, it's free and you have nothing to lose. I play TF2 precisely because it's not drab, boring bland modern shooter

Attached: feat.png (868x858, 124K)

You're the guy that when people ask who you main, you respond, "I don't main anyone".

where did i say i hated tf2?

As someone who's only played TF2 when it comes to multiplayer FPS games, how the hell are people in other games like COD able to distinguish between their team and the other team? Everyone looks the same dark gray color, and other than a miniscule red or green name above their head, I can never immediately tell if I'm shooting an enemy or a teammate. TF2 doesn't have this problem, and they were able to figure it out back in 2007.

Attached: 1559694286671.png (654x294, 218K)

HEY OVERALLS
YOU 're ugleh

Attached: 250px-Scout_taunt_laugh.png (250x364, 109K)

looks like an iphone app strategy game made by a 60yo boomer who thought it was cool.

you are so dumb and uncultured it makes sense you still play a red vs blue shooter. Pick up a book, watch a documentary, play the campaign. You are the same kind of faggot who can't distinguish a brody helmet from a stahlhelm

Attached: 1561054779740.jpg (568x510, 80K)

i enjoy all classes, but i ussually switch to what the team needs the most

I like to be a Pybro from time to time and Spies are easy pickings, but you get a good Demo to launch some stickies, I try to blow them away and suddenly, Iron Bomber.

My stats have been reset a few times

Attached: 960996a2f7.jpg (398x890, 55K)

based

demoman and spy are tied around 3 thousand.

Anything you're hoping for in the Heavy Update?

______________________________________________________Nope, I'm happy.

>Pick up a book

Not him, but a new primary would be nice. Problem is, I have no clue what one could be and I know if I suggested something it might be useless or overpowered.

I wouldn't even want a new primary. Or rather, I wouldn't care about it. I only use the stock minigun anyway

Because it's the prettiest

>He still plays tf2

mega yikes..... YIKES
you are playing a 12 year old game, TWELVE YEARS. What happened to you? What happened in your life that won't let you move forward? Does this game represent a better time from your past just before the incident? Or do you have literal autism?
please move on from this game, please get a job, please move out of your parents home.
take care... YIKES

Attached: 1529371898894.jpg (1024x680, 180K)

I put a festivizer on mine and called it the Snowballer.

You best have put a killstreak on it too, user

quality triumphes over time, time roles over quantity

that is why people still play tf2 and old games and most flavoru of them onth games that are on right now will be forgotten in a few years

The OP pic is actually from when it was first shown. The art style was updated before release.

Attached: tf2_871px.jpg (871x487, 78K)

I think it is related to autism somehow

He said, on an even older imageboard

...no... I'm a shame to Heavies everywhere.

Attached: 1507185962047.png (1440x1080, 1.71M)

I don't know if a new primary would be necessary but reworking his arsenal to be more interesting and varied, allowing for different playstyles, would be fun.

Don't even reply to me anymore

Attached: e8f.jpg (1280x800, 132K)

I prefer Overwatch

>reworking his arsenal
How would one fix the Brass Beast? I find it useful for defending when we're pushed to our last point, but other then that, I don't want to use it.

Fuck you, 2007 - 2009 was peak TF2. It has no soul anymore.

I hate faggots like you who quit and then shit on the game because of a meaningless change you didn't like. The core of TF2 - the gameplay - hasn't changed one bit.

I remember getting back to tf2 around 2016 and whenever a game was about to start, whichever class I choose they would say some weird slightly serious toned voicelines I haven't heard since then, can some fellow user tell me if I was hallucinating or Valve did add them and decided to remove them later

You've just described Overwatch

I liked TF2 when it was simple, deal with it.

hallucination

youtube.com/watch?v=ArChK-OyIC8

comp shit is cancer and should be ignored out of principle. it's the reason why Meet Your Match happened and any further encouragement of it can only possibly result in the game being made worst off.

I think the Brass Beast is fine for what it is, useful for defense. It's just that most of his arsenal is useless. The Heater doesn't even bother spies since they can jump over the flames, Tomislav is alright, Family Business/Shotgun are only used as Fat Scouts, which basically means ignoring the primary and melee for the sake of a joke, most of his melees have more downsides than upsides, plus his slow speed means you can barely use them to any significant extent, Sandvich is good, the Banana is arguably better since you can more often help your team, the rest of the food is useless.
There's just a lack of synergy for Heavy, outside of primary + sandvich/banana. A bit of rework to this, while keeping in mind the core of his place in the game, could go a long way to make him more fun to play. I only see him used if there's either a pocket medic or a payload to get constant health and ammo.

Attached: Sandvich.jpg (680x560, 83K)

Your ping. I can hit headshots pretty decently under 90 ping, anything higher and I might aswell put put on unironic gibusvision

Wrong. Even compfags hate Meet Your Match. No one asked for Casual Mode to replace traditional pubs.

FPS with some variety, but FPS skill still trumps any form of class counter

no, they asked for it, that's why it is what it is, and why I would like to sucker punch every single one of them like how an Antifa member would a guy wearing a MAGA hat.

1. Sniper is only good on certain maps. If enemies are forced to move in set patterns out in the open he's very effective (Upward, Badwater Basin, Gold Rush, etc.)

2. Ping matters. One of the only upsides of matchmaking is you'll generally have the same ping range every match (unless you queue into Europe somehow) so this is a good place to practice.

>Medic still doesn't get more voicelines

Attached: a40.gif (322x281, 3.12M)

Thanks bro

half life 1 multiplayer was better

Why did they want it in the first place?

>almost had an adult swim show
>expiration date was a pilot
JUST

they asked for competitive matchmaking. Nobody gave a fuck about casual. That was just valve fucking up

The server was in the EU with 300 ping.
it makes sense now

>Airblast's short range means you had to be close to the dedicated "fuck shit up at close range"
Not an issue on defense, enemy has to come to you.
>also it costs him 20-25-50 ammo
out of 200
literally fucking NOTHING to deny the most powerful ability in the game that takes 40s to charge.
>Scorch shot deals 135 damage if you stand around and tank the afterburn for whatever reason
The fact that it can do 135 damage regardless is absurd.
>doesn't stun you
It does, you cannot move for a split second if it hits you directly because of the knockback.
>Wtf scattergun damage is inconsistent, sometimes scouts can reliably hit me
Yes scattergun damage is inconsistent, what is your point? Random spread is disabled in competitive for this very reason.
>Spy mains on suicide watch (go demo/heavy/soldier)
Spy is the weakest class in the game, why is it okay for pyro to shit on him even harder than he already does? What you backstab the engineer who is being actively protected by a pyro and sap all his shit but somehow it's okay for pyro to negate all that because of this one stupid weapon? How is that remotely fair? Pyro didn't do anything difficult. And no going demo, heavy, or soldier are not answers because he can deny ubers.
>and weakening you all and allowing their team to push easier
At the cost of being down a player, it's a shit trade and pointless too when pyro has so many weapons that can do this from a distance.
>I have never once seen a pyro use the phlogistinator
Dies immediately without an uber up his ass and even then a soldier or pyro can juggle him until his crits wear off.
>spycheck
Countering the worst class when anybody can just turn around and shoot him, woopdifuckingdoo.
>extinguish teammates
>pressure enemies with the scorch shot
Sniper can outright kill them.
>Airblast projectiles
Shut down by one hitscan class or a remotely competent demo. Worthless.

It's that time. Post:
>your main
>hours played
>time last played
>favorite loadout (weapons)
>favorite loadout (cosmetics)
>favorite map to play on
>most memorable moment

Attached: 1524355048417.gif (300x300, 2.09M)

That’s the joke.

>main

Attached: 1553413721998.jpg (222x170, 25K)

- Soldier
- 2100 on Soldier, 4300 total
- few days ago, gonna hop on now
- Rocket Launcher, Gunboats, Disciplinary Action
- anything black and yellow
- Harvest
- pic related, winning 2fort after 3 hours

Attached: 1559694286671.png (916x531, 229K)

bully my stats. 1669 hours btw, first played 6 years ago. yes, i reset my stats at some point because they got way too fucked up by achievement servers.

Attached: stats.png (997x1232, 167K)

If you don't have that one class that you naturally prefer to play, that you can always rely on to have a good time, that you always fall back to in dire times, then you're a liar.

>they got way too fucked up by achievement servers.
i feel you.
i got sick of looking at 500 points in one life as engie.

>medic main
>wants to be bullied

Attached: 25589426.png (405x337, 136K)

I guess everyone's "main" is Pyro then, because he can get mindless kills and sow chaos easily and if you have 6 of them you'll probably win.

fuck you, cunt, i'm not one of them healslut fags.
i may be a homo, but i'm not THAT bad

I still have my stats from back then. Should I reset?

Attached: 1449199021421.jpg (500x377, 191K)

Daily reminder than the Kritzkrieg is actually the best medigun in all circumstances, but everyone will disagree

Attached: 1.png (250x151, 44K)

only if you want to

>activate kritz
>get headshot
lmao nice uber

>sentry gun exists

You say that, but you'll get a retarded team who can't destroy sentries without 8 seconds of invulnerability and you'll switch

requires a certain level of competence from your teammates so that lowers its value compared to a regular uber

Attached: e79.png (400x1520, 386K)

Sentry nests go down like nothing when there's no team in front to be a bullet sponge. Guess which medigun cuts through players like butter.

>engineer
>3500+
>i quit around the jungle inferno update
>rescue ranger/wrangler/gunslinger
>i loved my ol' teddy roosebelt lil' buddy
>official? suijin. unofficial? probably one of the surf maps
>far too many to pick a definite one, my friend.

>enemy pops kritz
>pop stock
lmao

Attached: 1560723907339.jpg (718x960, 93K)

The only real downside is if you care for achievements since any progress you had is reverted back to 0.
>Almost finished with the Medic health achievement
>Decide to reset my stats since I had spent a lot of time fucking around in tr_walkway
>Realize I lost all my progress

Look. Everybody who has suggestions on how to make TF2 better all have "GOOD INTENTIONS." That Dane retard who we all mock, for example, I'm sure doesn't have malicious intent behind his suggested changes of the game, but his good intentions (if Valve ever listened) would destroy the game.

When Valve reached out to the compfags about changes, their good intentions ended up making the game slightly worse as a result. This has always been the fear I've had and why I've blatantly IGNORED competitive TF2 since the days when they'd banned everything that wasn't stock and disabling crits. They don't understand why TF2 is such a great game and why it has stood the test of time.

Attached: 1561533625625.jpg (267x299, 16K)

>As Heavy
>Medic pops Kritzkrieg
>As I run out of ammo

Shit, I guess I'll hold off on that then until I get the blast damage / fire damage / healed buildings achievements.

Attached: 1560659898505.jpg (640x353, 22K)

>the 450 HP Heavy that I just Kritzed laser snipes you from a distance

Even a bad Soldier will likely hit 1 of 4 rockets on someone and kill one or two people, which already makes it equal to your average stock Uber if the pocket hits every shot.

>gets Kritzkrieg 10 seconds before you due to 25% faster Uber build

i dont know if i should be proud because i can be backbone of every team or if i should be ashamed because autism

Attached: pure autism.jpg (474x1272, 85K)

the problem with comp players is that the concept of fun is completely unfamilliar to them. they only enjoy the game if they're winning, hence why they ban anything they perceive to be unfair.

>switch to Fists of Steel
>25% faster Uber build
That shit is so false.

Attached: V0_N2JmL_400x400.jpg (300x300, 11K)

>pocket focuses on pinging a sniper
>meanwhilst you get dabbed on by some cunt that flanked you
nice

>kritzing a heavy over a demo or soldier

Attached: 1548718438263.jpg (499x674, 88K)

Depends on whether you value having an accurate class playtime or not. Honestly I tried resetting my stats multiple times because of its fucked points too and it always ended up going back to the mess it was. Even without achievement servers there's still plenty of ways to fuck with your stats if you go to community servers because of vsh/deathrun, zombie fortress, jump maps, ctf_endless_stairs, etc.
It's not an issue if you exclusively play casual mode, but for me it was never worth it.

It's the best option. Get whatever achievements you want that require a long progress, MvM also has some of these, then reset afterwards if you want a clean start.

Attached: 1555372804930.jpg (640x738, 86K)

This was really hard to read because there wasn't enough spacing between each class.

god fucking damnit guys, you just made me boot up the game
i better feel good after playing it some

I fucking dare you to Kritz a Heavy on offense when the gates open. A 450 HP meat sponge with lasers wipes out everyone. Everyone's always like, "omg, why are you using Kritz on offense", and then the Heavy kills 5 people within the first 10 seconds of the match, making it easy to get the Sentry nest on the first point since no one can respawn fast enough.

POST KINO COSMETIC LOADOUTS

you mean gets sniped as soon has the gate opens

>When to uber Demoman
When you have kritz, when there's a big nest of Engineers (especially when the sentries are far apart & creating a crossfire), when you have the medigun that allows you to conc jump too
>When to uber Heavy
When there's such a big crowd that you can't afford to reload at all, when you need to survive a little more time after uber ends, when Sniper is asleep
>When to uber Pyro
When he's got full phlog, when whatever you're fighting is really condensed in a tight space (like Engineer nests), when you can trust afterburn to kill shit or make them retreat
>When to uber Soldier
When there's literally no other options nearby
>When to uber Scout
When it's 6v6 so you can reliably fuck up their Medic and maybe a few teammates

Even if that happens, I just switch to the Soldier and Demo that's following behind, and they pick up a few kills.

Attached: Benefactor's Kumari, Gift Bringer, Supernatural Stalker.png (424x625, 124K)

You should use escape plan instead of disciplinary action, I prefer it

I do go back to the escape plan sometimes, but you should try out the whip, too. It's like a mini Conch boost whenever there's a teammate in range. Makes rocket jumping and rollouts even more powerful, too.

Attached: 1539917583939.png (422x668, 279K)

The thing about the Escape Plan is that it's an upgrade to Stock even when it comes to a non-utility, straight up damage dealing role. The speed boost helps you close in and line up a hit so easily, and I've gone on sprees of 3 or 4 melee kills in a row thanks to the speed and random crits, something you're not going to be able to do with the base speed of Soldier.
>but muh marked for death
If you're at 30 HP when you pull your melee out, one hit from someone's melee or a splash rocket is going to kill you anyway. Then you add on top of that the utility of the extra speed to retreat to a healthpack? It's so good.

Both are decent just depends on the situation

This is what I'm using currently

Attached: 1558415746776.png (700x700, 984K)

Niceu

I know ms pauling, who are the others?

it says i have 1021 hours but it only counts 522 wtf?

I think it's NONCANON fem-models for spy and sniper?

>nigger
>and the nigger of tf2 classes
oh

Playing Medic is fucking suffering when the opposing team has scouts/spies that can flank for shit
The sad part is you can't switch. If you do switch the entire team falls apart. Also I can't really blame my teammates for not looking behind them since I commit the exact same mistake when playing offensive classes.
It's also suffering when the people you're healing are retarded and never think about the medic that is healing them. They don't try to position themselves in places where I can stay behind cover while healing them, the heavies never throw me sandwiches, fuck sometimes people with 90% full health being healed by me will pick medkits instead of letting me, the medic with 20% health, have them.

Attached: 1543588099831.jpg (250x140, 5K)

here's the demo loadout i use when i'm not doing 100% pure stock with no cosmetics besides taunts

Attached: loadout.png (476x716, 200K)

why you should appreciate medics

Attached: 23456765r43w4567.png (363x587, 360K)

party hat is the best hat

lmao you had me to the end

>teammate picks up medkit as you burn to death

Attached: 20190713154904_1.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

i can tell you like nametags

Is there any other jojo loadout?

>there still arent official randomizer servers
baka

no

There's the obvious one with Heavy.

It's just a hat though. I'm talking about a full body thing.

You were in the zone yesterday. It rarely happens to me too.

Coat as well.

Attached: d03.jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

still looks lame
the only chance this could be passable is if heavy screamed "Ora!" when punching

If the Eviction Notice got a buff + a sound mod, you could do that.

>when your team makes fun of you cause you only have ancient boomer cosmetics

Attached: 1458946122470.png (367x321, 177K)

>trusting your team to do literally anything
>not running at the first sign of trouble

>when your team makes fun of you cuz you're doing poorly and you know it

Attached: 1555199952266.png (245x229, 65K)

This. A good medic can get a lot of shit from his team but a good medic is always more valuable alive than dead. If it means abandoning a player who overextends or is caught in an ambush, so be it.

Attached: b85.gif (536x528, 3.27M)

>other team reveres you for your oldfag badge and vintage-only loadout

Attached: 1560692844673.png (400x400, 122K)

>just want to fuck around with a meme loadout
>sweaty 6 stack joins the other team
im so fucking tired of this
literally all my playtime is having to go soldier to shit on these faggots

Attached: carlton.gif (187x220, 607K)

>he doesn't practice with his meme loadouts so he can finally stomp players even with the shittiest of weapons
Literally just acquire proficiency.

Attached: 1562837731045.jpg (588x499, 61K)

>but user. It's TWELVE. YEARS. OLD.

Attached: 1529271971150.jpg (496x529, 62K)

>tfw medic main
feels good man

>he thinks he's good at tf2 but he hasn't reached death merchant

Attached: laughing mercs.png (500x407, 298K)

I played comp only for the preliminary matches and got death merchant instantly

this webm is so tf2 it hurts me

how can a gun cost 400k to fire for 12 seconds lmao

During setup as sniper I always make a point to repeatedly melee our medic spamming that stupid line.
>Nowh doctahhhhh nowhhh...

$200 cartridges at 10,000 rounds per minute
-> 10,000 / 60 seconds = 166 2/3
-> 166 2/3 x $200 = $33,333 1/3
-> $33,333 1/3 x 12 seconds = $400,000

HAHAHAHA

>$200 catridges
Let me rephrase
How the FUCK can a single fucking stupid dumb catridge cost $200

custom bullets manufactured specifically for his minigun
also 1970s inflation

>custom bullets manufactured specifically for his minigun
>plus inflation
wouldn't reach $200 per fucking cartridge

who knows
the heavy says his gun is 150 kilograms when actual miniguns are more like 39 kilograms
maybe he needs big fucking bullets for his big fucking gun

Enriched uranium bullets.

>Gameplay that's easily accessible yet also has depth
>Multitude of maps, game modes and play styles
>Unique art style that was neutered by all the items they added
>Ageless graphics
>Hilarious and memorable voice acting
>Awesome music score
>Large community that strikes a good balance between casuals and autists
even their advertising (in the form of meet the team vids) was high quality

Attached: 41b.png (608x768, 832K)

Valve is a fucking garbage company. Years later and Dota 2 STILL FUCKING CRASHES MY PC. I'm amazed TF2 hasn't fallen apart at the seams.

Pyro is disliked because Pyro is essentially Spy but retooled for actual combat. Like Spy it's good in a specific context but useless outside of it, and needs positioning to overcome this. Spy overcomes this by stealth and flanking. Pyro overcomes this by just crossing its fingers, walking around a corner, and hoping someone is literally right there. It's a luck based combat spy.

The myth that pyro is powerful comes from big cluttered 12v12 pubs where you can almost guarantee there's someone around every other corner you turn.

Attached: 1473194588623.png (771x771, 728K)

They sold their souls to Satan just like Medic did.

As much as I'll shit on Youtubers without a second thought, lazypurple was right
You're either "wow, I'm so good at this game and now I'm dead" or "wow, I'm dead" with no in between

> literally quit before all the good content

Attached: 1543623554761.jpg (410x558, 28K)

E-celebs belong in the same grave Youtube is going to be putting itself in around 2020. Their fans should live on, as being deprived of their pwecious cewebwity is a fate worse than death for many a 12 year old.

It's true that Soldier is fucking his sister, Spy is fucking Scout's mother, and Scout fucks kids.

Maybe stop using your CD tray as a bagel holder.

90% of the hate is from Soldierfags because Pyros are the one class who can counter their otherwise easy click on feet experience. Anyone else who complains is retarded because every single mechanic and good weapon related to the pyro has been nerfed into near unusability. Nerfing airblasts and afterburn would be like if they nerfed rocketjumping for soldier or double jumps for scout, and it's bullshit because only pyro gets these fucking nerfs.

I enjoy 6s on occasion because people who play Sniper or Spy when they only have five teammates to back them up are either absolute god players or literal retards
it forces everyone to be a chad

also, very visually distinct classes with unique shillouettes so that you can tell what every opponent and ally is at just a glance and exactly what kind of role in combat they fill. A medic is a medic is a medic. Yeah they vary in skill, but they still have access to the same kit and you know what that kit is just with a single glance.

It's not what happened to me, it's what didn't happen.
A better shooter wasn't released.

Attached: 1541956059824.jpg (1060x988, 119K)

Then why do said bullets deal so little damage?

This. I thought. Overwatch might have been the one but 6v6 only killed it for me. The press Q to win shit was also too far removed from TF2 for me. That game was clearly designed with competitive in mind and it shows and let's not even get into how much worse it looks, a timeless artstyle will always win in my book.

r8

Attached: Pyro.jpg (1653x876, 192K)

>the mod to remove cosmetics doesn't work anymore

Attached: 1562887423167.jpg (585x511, 46K)

this screams butthurt against the high IQ characters

Why the fuck is the Stout Shako redder than Soldier's coat

Attached: file.png (330x538, 109K)

Attached: works on my machine.png (200x193, 29K)

and my medic too

Attached: loadout (1).png (506x738, 180K)

Attached: spy bigbrain.jpg (640x1280, 215K)

Do heads, or feet go invisible for you?

>Soldierfags
>hating Pyro

just make your own no hats vpk you giant dumb.

>demo
>takes skill to land shots
Because stickies are such aim intensive projectiles.

i miss the old ambassador

Party Van tonight?

Here is skilled classes against unskilled
Soldier
Sniper
Medic
Scout
Heavy
Spy
Engineer
Demo
Unskilled
Pyro
Every skilled class has exploitable mechanics, movement, and class exclusive mindsets that make them skilled to having to learn sometime to git gud. Pyro got fucked over so hard that what you could use before not nerfed to ass that running into people is the only thing pyro can do now. Detonator jumps got replaced with jetpack and reverse shooter combo is dead. People say airblasting takes skill but you just right click at a certain time when people are firing at you or a team mate is on fire. Maybe heavy would be moved to unskilled but there is some game sense with him that is necessary to fight against spies and snipers. Protecting the medic is also a big thing.

no

pro-tip, equip the Spirit of Giving on all classes you play to fuck over enemy Spies.

Attached: spirit of giving.png (587x729, 640K)

>Quit before the good content
You're a genuine moron if you think anything worthwhile came out post-f2p

>tfw killing unusualkillstreak fags with full vanilla loadouts
yore ugleh

Attached: 1541343083033.jpg (500x281, 24K)

does anyone else go 100% vanilla? like, no cosmetics or weapon reskins or anything? i like it just for the novelty of playing """as""" those classes, helps get me in the mood of playing them

Attached: soldier is brainlet.png (495x394, 315K)

I use DirectX 8.0 and the no hats mod so that I can play at a playable FPS of 20 on most maps, and I've been playing like this for 4000 hours

Attached: tenor.gif (398x498, 1.09M)

The uber update and pyromania were both post-f2p you gibbering retard

Attached: 1433732241456.jpg (640x634, 25K)

fuck off coke shill

Yeah. I have a ton of cosmetics but I play almost exclusively default weapons and skins.

>Soldier that high
"No"

They're special, unsmartable bullets.

that they are

Attached: heavy hitreg.png (512x404, 10K)

Reminded me of this.

Attached: 1252756846702.jpg (1500x1421, 783K)

I also have an insane amount of points as Pyro and I have no idea why. I must have joined an allcrit server or something?

>More cancerous medic shit
>Giving the pyro more meme weapons and not fixing the class
Wow great updates you drooling retard. Call me when they fix the caber and unfuck the sandman. Also when they reverse the graphics downgrade.

i stopped playing comp since 3 of my placement matches had cheaters in them.

Can you put killstreaks on weapons without paying money? I try to avoid buying things in TF2 (because I already paid for the game goddammit)

Sunken cost. You gotta keep playing to justify that purchase you just made. Oh look, more crates.

>you will never tryhard this fucking much

>flying at mach speed and instagibbing a sniper as you pass by him
get fucked you fucking stupid fucking cunt

Ok

Attached: 20190714_121105.jpg (810x2054, 249K)

This is what my dolls have looked like since I stopped playing around the time paints were introduced. Anything I should change? I got like 14 ref gathering dust if that's still worth anything.

Attached: hat fortress 2.jpg (1578x1042, 260K)

I had that exact Sniper loadout for about a week before I decided I didn't like it.

> cancerous medic shit
> calling the Scorch Shot a meme weapon
> calls me a retard

Attached: 1539663973252.gif (400x251, 340K)

>scout tries to rush in my general direction
>gets quickscoped
>killer_solo.wav

wanker

As a CoD player, it's pretty easy. Shoot at anyone you see and if they complain, then they're friendly :D

ur ideas are shit stop spammin them in every thread

>join match
>do the objective
>get kicked

Fucking tryhard! TF2 is casual hat simulator, wacky memes! Go play competitive, tryhard. Who caps on 2fort am I right? Fucking tryhard.

every fucking time I join hightower

valve slapped the game in the nuts by catering to the nofunallowed compfags... ruined perfectly good weapons... all u esports freaks... resent ya so much... tf2 was the place to be... for all the guys like u and me

Regardless of whether people are being le friendly xD or not, why would you ever go to 2fort? ctf is beyond awful.

Basically. At this point only TF3 would make me drop the game.
Thing is, I'm not sure if nu-Valve would be able to top it. A lot of what made TF2 perfect was the community and general atmosphere online during the time. In other words, "soul"

this picture fills me with joy

(You) motherfucker

Attached: 1561339923220.png (854x470, 388K)

post old gmod vids
youtube.com/watch?v=JqDo0Y0GYJI

Attached: valvecuck.jpg (2054x2137, 495K)

>12k hours
>most hours in a class is engi with 87 hours
yea ok mr game idler

>simple 12 vs 12 tryhard gamemode
It is simply impossible to try to coordinate between 12 players.

It doesn't have to have amazing coordination, just a glorified pub where everyone tries to win. Basically what Casual was originally going to be, but with old Quickplay still an option to fuck around in.

We already have that in every game mode except ctf and payload race

Attached: b3a.jpg (679x506, 86K)

Someone has spent some time on bot filled achievement servers.