What headphones do you use for gaming, Yea Forums? Pic related are mine...

What headphones do you use for gaming, Yea Forums? Pic related are mine. Also feel free to mention your DAC/amp if you're using one. I'm using a pretty basic Behringer HA400 but it does a good job driving the AKGs.

Attached: AKG_K-271_MK_II_01.jpg (450x450, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro.html
asus.com/us/Sound-Cards/Xonar_Essence_STX/
youtu.be/wIuEzNFfMNc?t=350
mxlmics.com/microphones/studio/V67i/
steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_series/models/ur12.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me, it's the ((((Beyerdynamic)))) DT-770 Pro.

HD688b
costs about 35e and the quality is very good

OP here. I used to use a pair of Samson SR850s (pic related) which are essentially the same headphones as those. Superlux is actually the OEM for the drivers in the SR850s which I found out when I disassembled them and saw Superlux logos on the components. The same is true for the PreSonus HD7s which I also own a pair of. All of these are in the 30-40 euro range and are great headphones for the price

Attached: SAMSON-SR850-STUDIO-HEADPHO.gif (1024x1024, 154K)

K-712, the actually good version of beyers

Shitty headphone, spiraled cord pretty much tears jack out of any socket due to weight. Source : i have one on me

>gaymen headsets

Attached: 1562906896251.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

Then don't use the spiraled cord? Wow that was a fucking difficult solution to figure out.

Shopping for headphones is such a clusterfuck, I hate it. Hundreds of different brands, review sites all seem like shills, price points are all over the damn place. I don't even know where to start

Audio Technica AD 700s for when I need to hear footsteps from 1KM away

HyperX Cloud 2 for when I need to talk on discord

>buying any piece of tech that was marketed for gamers
cringe

Attached: hd650.jpg (423x550, 25K)

Literally nobody ITT even implied they did such a thing. Go pretend you're special somewhere else you fucking faggots

Does the company that makes these headphones pay people to go all over the internet pretending they're good or have you chucklefucks never actually used a decent pair of cans in your life? I ordered a couple pairs of these because they were so cheap and I figured if they were as good as everyone says they are then hey, I have two pairs. They were some the worst headphones I've ever used. Listening to music on them was like listening to music being played in another room on the other side of a closed door. Most uncomfortable pieces of shit I've ever worn too.

have these and the 701
only thing i hate is the fucking shit cord

Attached: 817cxfrqmrl._sl1500_.jpg (599x400, 31K)

>hurr durr these entry level studio headphones aren't the highest quality headphones out there

Did you read those posts, you absolutely dumb fuck? They're good FOR THE PRICE. It's your own dumb ass's fault if you were expecting $500 headphone performance from $40 headphones. If you're so used to fantastic sound and quality equipment, why were you even buying such cheap shitty headphones? Still though, your description of the sound makes me think you didn't even own them. Let's see a pic of those two pairs you own and while you're at it, a picture of those headphones you're comparing them to that sound so damn nice.

I bought an after market cable and never had a problem with it since.

Attached: jEcxTcM.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

Beyerdynamic
DT-770 Pro
north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro.html

Xonar Essence STX
asus.com/us/Sound-Cards/Xonar_Essence_STX/

MXL v67i
youtu.be/wIuEzNFfMNc?t=350
mxlmics.com/microphones/studio/V67i/

Steinberg UR12
steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_series/models/ur12.html

Attached: BankOfAmerica.jpg (2554x1372, 1.9M)

>Buy 80 OHM version of these expecting bass
>nobass
Fuck audiophile faggots.

Sennheiser makes a headset that is LITERALLY an HD 580/650 with a microphone. It has the exact same drivers and is often on sale for cheaper than HD580/650.

Beyond that, some gaymen headsets from Steelseries and Astro have frequency responses that are objectively superior to anything else in the sub-$300.

The "shitty retard gamer headsets" idea is years out of date. It's all just crap cobbled together in China anyway, if the sourcing for drivers and other parts is good and the QC is equivalent or better (Sennheiser famously has some of the worst customer support ever), there is nothing wrong with buying gaming shit. If you don't actually do the research on scientific qualitative comparisons for headphones, then you may as well go back to screeching STAX and throwing shit in /g/.

Nothing in what I typed implied I thought they were going to be on par with expensive headphones. They aren't good for the price. I've used a pair of $40 sony headphones that sounded a million times better.

And I don't fucking have them anymore because I returned them. You think I would just keep them and not get my money back?

What amp are you using? Have you adjusted the equalizer? If you're looking for a deeper, punchier bass you have to play around with the settings a bit to achieve it. Studio headphones aim for a balanced sound so the bass usually isn't very overwhelming.

Sound quality is good, but the material is cheap plastic and it will break in less than a year.

Attached: 22865668_1SZ.jpg (1000x1000, 89K)

What Sony headphones would that be, friend? ZX110NC? lmao

Using an older Aune AMP/DAC combo.
From what I've read the 80 OHM versions will still give off a good sound with decent bass even without an amp.

>Adjusted the EQ
At this point I have, but I figured these things would have deep bass without having to adjust and play around with EQ.

just buy your Beats and shut the fuck up, you're being retarded

80 Ohms is around the point where you can still drive them without an amp but you will still very much benefit from using one. As for the deeper bass, a lot of people have this misconception that deeper bass = better sound. That's why Beats are configured from the factory to have a very deep bass so that laypeople will go "wow, that bass is deep, these are amazing headphones". People actually producing music aren't looking for headphones with bass so powerful that it drowns out all the other frequencies. So if you buy a pair of professional studio headphones, you should always be ready to do some tweaking in case you're looking for deep bass.