In-game graphics for a 19 year old console doesn't look that bad today

>in-game graphics for a 19 year old console doesn't look that bad today

Was PS2 ahead for its time?

Attached: 1562940245798.jpg (2500x1450, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu1HU0QGsWg
rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xenosaga's animations suck ass tho

nah, just really good devs

I honestly think ps2 graphics would have been a nice place to stop progressing. Games like Silent Hill 3 and FFX looked good enough. With less focus on polygon count they can focus on making larger worlds with more complex interactions. Just look at all those classic pc games that look a little jank but have better worlds than TW3.

>XSIII had one the best graphics in the 6th gen
>XB2 is for the the 8th gen but has budget game graphics

What's wrong with you Monolith.

nigger the actual PS2 version didn't look nowhere near that good. Textures, resolution and AA were complete ass. Not to mention the full screen blur filter the PS2 has by default on every game not running on progressive scan.

Attached: 234235.jpg (355x265, 29K)

No Nintendo is just 15 years behind.

Botw, that happened

rent free

Different production schedules, man power, focus, working a new system, etc.

>doesn't look that bad today
Are you blind or something?

literally all of that text looks fucking god-awful and worse than any SNES game I can name.

now post a screen shot of a non zoomed in part.

Your boomer standard is too low to understand the tech evolution in generations.

XB isn't a cinematic "cut scenes at every 10 minutes" game.

That looks a bit more crisp than it looked on ps2.

That's because of the shitty texture upscaling the emulator is you fucking dipshit

Attached: 1562883245456.gif (280x210, 865K)

Attached: theweakshouldfearthestorng.jpg (734x568, 70K)

>best graphics
>EXCEPT ALL THE MENUS AND HUDS BUT THOSE DONT COUNT
also if it's fucking upscaled the game doesn't look that good.

No the Xbox was more powerful, PS2 had just okay graphics

>if the game is upscaled it doesn't actually look that good
correct, at least not on the original hardware
>complaining about blurry text
idiot

>emulator makes models look okay-ish I guess
>but it makes the text look like someone green apple splattered some letters onto a broken sprite
lel, kepe justifying it looking like garbage though. best graphics my ass.

I still don't understand how MGS2 was a launch title

Fucking Kojima magic

I'm saying the menu's look fine either played on native hardware or upscaled using nearest neighbor instead of a filter like in OP
t. played the entire for the series on PS2 earlier this year

That resolution would melt the ps2

I just played through the triology. Bought the discs and strategy guides for them off ebay and had a pretty good time.

>Kosmos did godlike things in part 1 and then almost never again
>Aliens are kicked to the curb for predictable human plot
>T-elos also comes out for like 2 scenes and doesn't really do jack shit.

Still liked it, they squandered some interesting plot points for mundane shit

Attached: gsdx_20190504000706.jpg (1920x1344, 256K)

This game would be censored by America©

It wasn't, it was a year and some later.

Already was. They took out all the blood so it wouldn't be M rated

The PS2 wasn't ahead of its time and not really powerful. It's the devs that are godly for putting in higher resolution textures than you would need on a standard 480i screen, but those textures really become useful once you render the games in 8x+ native internal res on an emulator.

>Play game from the 2000s like Xenosaga
>Get to hear all those old familiar dub voice actors from Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star again.

Comfy shit

They focused on making an actually fun game. The Xenosaga series is one of the most boring series made.

I fucking love underboob

That's scaled up on an emulator. Most PS2 games look pretty good scaled up.

The best graphics on PS2 rpgs was valkyrie profile 2 though. Even without scaling it still looks better than some modern games.

>It's the devs that are godly for putting in higher resolution textures than you would need on a standard 480i screen, but those textures really become useful once you render the games in 8x+ native internal res on an emulator.

Why did they even do that?
It doesn't seem to be good for framerate.

They squandered the plot points because they were intended to culminate in the latter half of the games. Instead, just like xenogears they fucked their budgeting and had to cram 3 games worth of exposition dump into the boss rush at the end of 3.

The textures ain't that good, most of what I can see its just simple colors with nothing really all that complex.

One exception is KOSMOS head thing that has text on it, that one is more high res so you can actually read it if the camera gets close.

Because you still need high resolution textures for if you have character close-ups in games.

Some games like FFX had low-res models (the normal field models) and high-res models (for closeups and cutscenes), but some games just went with the high-res models for all scenes. It's higher poly count that would cause the game to take a hit in framerate, not necessarily higher res textures.

>Kosmos True Form

Attached: gsdx_20190507121611.jpg (1920x945, 227K)

Attached: gsdx_20190507121604.jpg (1920x945, 220K)

obsessed

They spent like half the budget on KOS-MOS design alone, compare her to how shitty Shion or any other character look.

based

This isn't true.

Attached: 1523996875286.gif (540x405, 1.73M)

Attached: Mahou Shoujo MOMO 2.webm (480x360, 2.8M)

why did that kid suspiciously look like the protag from Xenogears?

Attached: gsdx_20190507113836.jpg (1920x1344, 380K)

Attached: gsdx_20190507115038.jpg (1920x1344, 217K)

Cause Xenosaga is pretty much a Xenogears prequel and they wanted their characters in some way or another.

Attached: gsdx_20190507120502.jpg (1920x945, 244K)

The jump to HD fucking destroyed most japs when they were pioneering making the previous gen look fucking amazing
Part of the reason the PS2 stayed alive for so long

Attached: gsdx_20190507121622.jpg (1920x945, 186K)

>gets a transformation
>still sucks

Attached: gsdx_20190509003908.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

I feel exactly the same way. That level of graphics was enough to portray whatever you needed to.

Dude, the PS2 was the weakest console of its generation. I understand where you're coming from though. I was playing 4k splinter cell on the xbonx last night and I couldn't believe how good it looked.

This artstyle doesnt need to be realistic all the time because real life sucks

damn that ear is detailed

America censors nudity, not blood.

>Dude, the PS2 was the weakest console of its generation.
It was also the best console of its generation.

It had the largest library, but I would say the Game Cube had the highest percentage of excellent games, and the Xbox was obviously the most powerful.

Xenosaga just has good looking character models. XC2's problem is more the terrible image quality (that post processing sharpening effect is awful) due to hardware limitations more than anything else.

Attached: image.png (1248x1528, 2.93M)

>highest percentage of excellent games
I think the PS2 wins on that front as well. The GameCube didn't have as many games that interested me. Maybe it's because I was never a huge fan of Zelda, Mario, or Metroid.

I agree that the PS2 had a lot of amazing games. I just mean that it had so many games that it had a lot of really mediocre and bad games too.

It's just a GCfag, even if you are a huge fan of Mario and Zelda, the GameCube has some of the worst games in that series, Sunshine and Wind Waker and Twilight Princess is on Wii.

Metroid was good sure, but Metroid also barely has fans.
The GC is the worst Nintendo console and the PS2 the best sony console, is no contest.

Highest percentage is just code for we didn't have much games.

Attached: silent hill face.gif (500x265, 999K)

nice you disproved his statement by showing a simple standing still idle animation

The breast physics alone are better than what most modern games pull off, you blind faggot.

I guess that's true. The PS2 did have a shitload of games overall, probably more than the GC and Xbox combined.

That goes for all market leaders, if you have tons of shovelware it's a sign you won.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu1HU0QGsWg

EP3 MOMO still give me an instant boner after all these years

Attached: 1554257396290.png (1200x1600, 684K)

Wind Waker and Sunshine are both in the top 3 for their series though.

Momo 1 will always have a special place in my heart

>WW
Incomplete rushed Zelda
>Sunshine
30 fps worst Mario 3D game

Imagine taste this bad, Metroid was the only good Nintendo game that gen.

I'm actually embarrassed for you, user

looks better than the shitheap that is xenoblade 2, thats for sure.

>MOMO

I just digged in her Wiki and realized something.
Her creator Joachim was 40 year old when his daughter Sakura was born, and his wife, Yuri was ONLY 18 at that time.

A 40 year old impregnate a 18 year old is a fucking pedophile.

LEGAL you can't do anything about it, also based.

Sunshine isn't bad, but 64 set the bar too high

Its kinda funny that the most graphically impressive PS2 JRPG games look better than most modern JRPGs.

Attached: YSVIII-11.jpg (960x544, 457K)

Nah, they're decent. Especially the third game. Also, Falcom somehow manage to make PS4 games with lesser production values than a PS2 game. Amazing.

It depends on the studio behind the games.
Falcom were never advanced when it comes to graphics.

Making MOMO into an archer was one of the few things XSII did right

Attached: BattleScreentelos.gif (540x349, 1.96M)

I say there is Odyssey, Galaxy 1/2 and 64 then a gap to 3D world then another gap to Sunshine.

Still all good games, but sunshine is the worst, just like WW ain't awful or anything but is no OoT.

Falcom is just awful.

Swinging some stupid fucking wand around in a sci fi setting didn't make sense. Shion also got a much smaller weapon instead of that giant ass block on her arm.

Attached: aspect raidou.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

Monolith was helping with BotW and all the interns made XB2

ps2 level graphics are fine for most games, but if you've played something like metro exodus on ultra or uncharted 4 or something, the pure fidelity and quality of lighting gives you a totally different feeling that really improves the experience.

Most modern non-AAA JRPGs donm't look much different compared to these games. They're basically just the same thing with uncompressed textures. Falcom, Gust and Compile Heart all shit out games that look like this or worse regularly, and this shit is like 13 years old now.

Because PS2 games ran at 2K resolution huh

I forgot Kojima designed the engine & art, he really is incredible huh? fuck he did the music too

dont you know user? he also voiced all of the characters too

>Falcom is just awful.
Are you telling me that this game from 2017 for the PS4 doesn't look amazing? Look at those animations.

Attached: 1531695650510.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

it looks like a flat texture but also seems to have some depth, it's strange but interesting

switch is way weaker than the competition comparatively than the ps2

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3, Silent Hill 2 & 3, your post...all looks great today thanks to solid art direction

And some people shit on Xenoblade 2 when this is the competition on stronger hardware.

people shat on xenoblade 2 because it was the first major taxing game on the switch. When other stuff came out and we saw how pokemon/three houses looked, the wool was pulled over people's eyes on how shit the switch is

Falcom's notorious for making the lowest budget games available. All the sequels to those games are just copy/pasted from the first games and have some asspull reasons for you to explore the old areas all over again. XB2 should be compared to other AAA JRPGs like FF15, Nier Automata, Ni no Kuni 2 and so on, not some $10,000 budget indie crapfest.

xenoblade games are budget titles, according to the director. Also there's a world of difference between Nier automata/ni no kuni 2's budget and FF15

Does MOMO have transformation scenes in Episode 2 and 3?

FF15's budget went into Kingsglaive
No Insomina, go watch the movie, fuck you

Yes, my nipples also gazes the sky every time I breath in

>FF15's budget went into Kingsglaive
and 14's profit was siphoned onto 15

Those games are still all AAA games, XB included. Comparing one of them to something like a low budget Falcom game is ridiculous, regardless of platform. Falcom PC games had PS1 graphics until Cold Steel 1 on PS3, which looks like an early PS2 game.

Cold Steel 3 and 4 unironically look like HD PS2 games. They're also developed for the ancient PS2 "PhyreEngine," which is just hilarious.

>hasn't been officially updated since 2012
It's like using an ancient version of the Unreal Engine in 2017 and beyond.

at least it doesn't look like pic related or run at a cinematic 20fps. and that's despite the postage-stamp budget that falcom is working with.

Attached: 1554749778192.png (1280x720, 1.93M)

they're switching to a different engine for the next kiseki game.

That's because of a shit console, not a shit developer. Falcom's a shit developer working on modern consoles. XB would look amazing at 1080p - 4k because it has great animation and assets. Cold Steel 3 already runs at 4k on the PS4 Pro and it looks like shit, no better than games emulated on PCSX2.

I love the fact that people thought this was a tinfoil hat theory and said there was no definitive proof this was happening. FFXV development finally dies and a fully funded XIV releases an expansion that shit all over the previous two released during XV development time.

they changed some scenes but funnily enough they removed the black blob censorship that was present in the Japanese version.

I don't know, FF is so far ahead on budget it's the only real AAA there.

Unless you say it's the "JRPG AAA", then FF is like AAAA, also hardware matters, leave XB2 as it is but put it on a PS4 pro and we would be praising it for high res open world 60FPS.

no they are not. The only jRPG to have an AAA budget this generation was FFXV

maybe monolith should have been more aware of the limitations involved in developing games for a bing bing toy instead of a gaming platform. especially since they're owned by nintendo, so they should know the switch in and out better than most developers.

Attached: 1562772285145.jpg (1280x720, 262K)

They aren't that high res. Just efficient. They still only had less than 4mb of memory to work with.

It's looks fine docked and imagine it running on PS4 with no changes it would be a locked 1080p 60fps.

Falcom is fucking gamefreak tier literally making games that look worse than the previous generation of hardware.

Nope, astronomical budgets aren't required to be labeled AAA.

the alternative is visuals like pokemon or FE three houses, I think they made the right call

>It's looks fine docked
it looks atrocious, docked or undocked. it's a massive downgrade from xcx on the wii u.

Attached: wii u vs switch.png (1200x1350, 2.85M)

Hopefully we can emulate it at 4k+ like all the other Monolith games soon.

>astronomical budgets aren't required to be labeled AAA.
that's the literally hallmark of an AAA game

They most likely were, but they were on botw.

And same goes for Falcom, they are not owned by Sony, but they are notorious Sony fanboys since PS1, they should know the hardware in and out but instead they crap out PSV games.

If it has to break records or be THE most expensive game to make, then only Rockstar games would be labeled AAA. That isn't the case at all.

nice hyperbole, there are no AAA RPGs this gen aside from FFXV and Witcher 3

Didn't make up for the inescapable 30 minute cut scenes.

So it's link awakening remake AAA? If budget doesn't matter is the IP then?

Looks pretty ok to me when it's on the Switch's screen. Looks ok docked too. Then again, I'm not an underage that constantly obsesses over graphics. Still the best game to come out in the last five years despite what seething babbies say.

It doesn't have to be one extreme, retard. There are plenty of AAA games that don't cost 50+ million to make.

Is MC still rean?

Yeah that what im saying, Xenoblade 2 was a low budget game, so what makes something AAA, is it the budget, the IP, the company that makes it?

Explain how is XB2 AAA yet Link's awakening not.

You're forgetting Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Assassin's Creed Origin and Odyssey. Those are all big budget RPGs. There's also Destiny 2, the Division, every FFXIV expansion and soon Borderlands 3 and so on. Sounds more like you think AAA games have to spend 10 years in development to be considered AAA.

no, falcom was a bunch of pc fanboys right up until their main pc distributor in japan went out of business, at which point they switched to sony out of necessity.
falcom has never had much money, so they've always put their limited resources into story and gameplay over graphics.

Momo doesn't suck you pleb

C'mon Bandai Namco, give us the remake already.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-03 14-45-41.jpg (2880x1287, 1.22M)

You're delusional if you think XB2 falls under "low budget." It's a first party flagship title for the Switch meant to sell consoles.

Deus ex is not AAA, at least not mankind divided. Human revolution is arguable but is last gen. Assassin's creed, destiny, division, borderlands 3 are not an RPG and the fact that you have to include it to fluff up your argument should probably tell you I'm right. FFXIV has small as fuck budget

the director himself calls the xenoblade games budget titles, I don't know what to tell you

Pc fags seething

>. Assassin's creed, destiny, division, borderlands 3 are not an RPG
Yes they are, retard. Actually play video games for once. All of those are RPGs at their core.
Then it's an excuse. Find some actual numbers and come back to me, because a first party flagship Nintendo title that was in development for 4+ years is in no way "low budget."

Attached: XS3-236.jpg (1414x1980, 826K)

>All of those are RPGs at their core.
no, they are action adventure and FPS at their core

Dragon Quest XI, Granblue Fantasy RPG

Attached: XS3-245.jpg (1025x1980, 558K)

XC2 was in development for 2.5 years, about average for a game. same goes for 1 and X, although additional time was spent making the engine for X

Find some actual numbers DQXI, Nier, Ni no kuni and so on? you can't then I say nothing is AAA.

If the dev itself tells you it's low budget what else do you want? or do you think dude is lying?, may as well think everything Nintendo related is a lie, surely they post fake shipment numbers too.

Nope, all RPGs with loot, leveling up, and typical RPG progression. Again, play some actual video games, because those are CLEARLY RPGs. Look up any definition or description of any of those games anywhere on the internet, and then look up the definition of RPG in general. You're just trying to be right when you're arguing a retarded point and are objectively wrong.

having RPG elements doesn't make the games RPGs "at their core" like you said, FFXIV isn't a platformer. But I took your word for it an looked up assassin's creed origins and, surprise, it's action adventure. I looked up destiny too MMO FPS. Eat shit retard

The proof you need for Xenoblade 2 is that a Xenoblade IP still exists at all, if it was some big budget AAA with such poor sales it would have been canned.

>Still the best game to come out in the last five years

Attached: mj-laughing.gif (282x211, 3M)

Nah, you're just being an idiot. Every one of those games are inherently designed as RPGs. Play AC Odyssey and tell me it isn't an RPG. You either have a really narrow view on the definition of an RPG, or you just haven't played any of those games.

Dude, just concede the point. Just because there's an airboat section in HL2 doesn't make it a boat racer. It's the games primary identity and mechanics that decide it's genre, not additional mechanics, primary.

AC odyssey is designed as an action adventure with RPG elements tacked no, no different than horizon zero dawn or god of war. You should be the one to look up definitions or descriptions of the games you posted, not me

Anything with stats is an RPG to the american.

See Monster Hunter winning RPG awards...

What DoA is this?

Attached: XS3-020.jpg (1414x1980, 520K)

Nope, they're all very clearly RPGs at their core. That HL2 example is completely retarded. That's a tiny part of the game. The RPG elements in Odyssey define the way you play the game. That goes for all the games listed.

Agree. Final Fantasy XII looked great.

When it comes to polygons, I'm perfectly fine with PS2-era. When it comes to textures, as long as they don't look awfully blurry or completely broken/grainy, I'm more than happy. And when it comes to lighting and shadows, the sky is the limit: they are the most important part of a "realistic" looking game.

>RPG elements dictate how you shoot a gun in Destiny
it's better to leave the thread once your outed instead of continuing down a spiral of retardation

>When it comes to textures, as long as they don't look awfully blurry or completely broken/grainy, I'm more than happy. And when it comes to lighting and shadows, the sky is the limit: they are the most important part of a "realistic" looking game.
This is also a good moment to state how disappointed I am with the Zodiac Age remaster and SE fucking up the textures and adding lots of unnecessary post processing to the game. All FFXII literally needed was
>high resolution support
>high resolution UI
>fix Vaan's abs
They went ahead and made lots of cool gameplay tweaks, but HAD to fuck it up with the graphical aspect.

They unironically do, idiot. Those things are all tied to the stats on your armor and weapon. There's a reason people spend weeks farming the right weapon roll, similarly to Diablo. Stop posting at any time, because you will always be wrong.

You're a fucking retard. You think this run a texture pack? There's none

That other user is right. Just because a game has "RPG elements" (looting is not an RPG element; level up and experience, stat-based interactions are) doesn't mean it is an RPG.

Symphony of the Night has RPG elements. It isn't an RPG.

Never played Destiny but in Diablo without the correct stats you're gonna get raped no matter what, there no skill about it.

Can you win with FPS skill on destiny? then I wouldn't call it a RPG, after all role playing game is pretty vague if any other genre is more important I say its that genre first, rpg second.

Like there are stats in Bloodstained, but I wouldn't call it a RPG first, is more of a platformer action game, you could beat the game no problem with your starting gear or even on lv1.

>level up and experience, stat-based interactions are
Also in all of those games. Are you even trying? Also, SotN and all the following Igavanias are most certainly Action-RPGs. That's what separates Metroid-like from Metroidvania. Come on now.

>Can you win with FPS skill on destiny?
No. People with superior stats will kill you in PVP. High-end lucky gear is designed in such a way that you can fire a bullet at someone's toe and get a headshot kill. The RPG elements are what ruin the PVP in that game. Go play a round of Gambit and tell me how much of a skill-based game it is when yo uget one-shot by some whale.

It looked a lot better than the X remaster.

>Go play a round of Gambit
Nah no thanks no interest in Destiny, but I believe you, sure I would call it a FPS RPG then.

It's just an Action-RPG like Borderlands in the form of an FPS. Equally broken garbage. Destiny is described as an FPS Diablo. The Division 1 and 2 are third person shooter Diablo.

>Also in all of those games. Are you even trying? Also, SotN and all the following Igavanias are most certainly Action-RPGs.
Which is why I said
>Just because a game has "RPG elements" doesn't mean it is an RPG
Which means: you can add level ups and experience to your game, but that won't instantly turn it into an RPG.
>That's what separates Metroid-like from Metroidvania. Come on now.
It is what separates it. The RPG elements make it a Metroidvania, not a fully fledged action RPG.

Sadly the term "RPG" has been bastardized too much, it's weird to believe that Dragon Quest and Fallout belong to the same genre when in one of them the RPG elements boil down to grinding for EXP, while the other has you choose your stats, skills, how you interact with NPCs, how to solve quests, etc...
It definitely did, it's just a shame that SE always half-asses these remasters that could be so much more.

>It is what separates it. The RPG elements make it a Metroidvania, not a fully fledged action RPG.
Nah, those games can comfortably be described as action RPGs. Metroidvania is just what fans started calling them because it combined Super Metroid with Castlevania combat and RPG elements. The whole game is still built around leveling up and increasing your stats with new equipment. It's like someone saying the Ys series doesn't qualify as RPG.

I liked the giant powerfist...

I've been saying this since the middle of last generation. I don't give two fucks about graphical fidelity as long as I can actually tell what it's supposed to be.

Too bad that dumb ass shield of hers couldn't protect her from getting roundhouse kicked in the face by Ziggy's massive cyber legs in Xenosaga 3.

PS2 looks fine on my 55 inch 4k set. Good even. Why do people say its unplayable? I'm running it through the Retotink 2x on a Samsung KS8000.

rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

There isnt even any perceptible lag. Have I been memed on this whole time?

Cant wait to dig into this library. I've got Darkwatch, Champions of Norrath, Echo Night Beyond, Espgaluda (should be an easy 1cc), and Outrun 2006 started. Dont want to start anymore but it's hard to control yourself when the entire library is one click away (have 100 games on my 1TB drive

Basically "bro PS2 looks bad" is a meme and load your hard drive with isos and play all the games goddamn should have done this sooner I'll never buy a game again.

>The whole game is still built around leveling up and increasing your stats with new equipment
The RPG elements were added to the game because Igarashi wanted to find a middle ground between making a hard game only skilled players could beat, and an easy game everyone could beat.

In other words: the RPG elements aren't mean to be the core of the game. They are a crutch for those who aren't good enough.

>kick
>he didnt choke her out

It's the new "it looks like a n64 game" soon it will be "it looks like a ps3 game"

And yet Igarashi himself describes his games as Action-RPGs, and it's even part of the marketing and official description of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

I honestly don't care how he describes his games. If a gay man said he enjoyed sucking dick 24/7 and described himself as heterosexual, what would you pay attention to?
The man himself said the RPG elements were added to let less skilled players have a way to overcome the skill roadblock. That doesn't sound like an RPG, because the point of an RPG is to get stronger as a character, and Castlevania (and by extension Symphony of the Night) was always about the player getting good.

Nah, PS2 textures are very low res, even indie studios use better textures nowadays. It's just that PS2 level of graphics are good enough to convey whatever you want without compromise, like you had to do back in PS1 and N64 days.

JC momo is so sexy

The games objectively are action RPGs, though.

Despite being low res the textures are often good and better than many modern games just because someone with a soul was creating them.

Nowadays it's mostly all generic.

Attached: pcsx2 2014-11-05 23-55-21-50.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

Wendee Lee and Steve Blum are still in a lot of shit, m8. They're just not in literally fucking everything.

>FFXV development finally dies and a fully funded XIV releases an expansion that shit all over the previous two released during XV development time.

and the latest XIV Expansion destroyed XV in ratings.
>91 for a MMO expansion
vs
>81 for a game that was worked on in 10 years

Attached: greatest redemption arc.jpg (467x1200, 145K)

Actually, that's how it looks on portable mode.
Also
>1.93MB screenshot
That screenshot certainly isn't out of the Switch's screenshot mode.

Attached: Actual size.jpg (383x215, 110K)

>rpg/jprg backlog is already huge
>see this thread
>it's a trilogy
>mfw
fuuuck

Attached: 1562858129667.gif (413x233, 2.62M)

>emulation

Yucky!!

>metacritic scores

Attached: meta.png (406x824, 176K)

oh I am yiksing

the textures are upscaled by the emulator you braindead subhuman

no they aren't

You have never played a PS2 game in your life, you have absolutely no idea what you are even looking at

Textures can't be interally upscaled, you mongoloid. The only difference is a bump in internal resolution.

The resolution is higher, nothing else has changed in these images.

64 is 30 FPS too fucking idiot
The only reason it runs at 30 is because of the water physics anyway

>2500x1450 PS2 screenshot
>character model looking this high quality while the icons are shitty af like they should be
>"not upscaled"
yeah right

Attached: 2019_07_13-22_16_12.png (637x867, 562K)

Higher resolutions mean the textures look cleaner because they are no longer limited to low resolution outputs. Moreover, stuff like anisotropic filtering makes textures look sharper when viewed at angles that would normally result in very blurry textures on a PS2.

>"not upscaled" yeah right
That's not what upscaled means.

PCSX2 only upscales icons if you toggle the option, that's how I know nothing is upscaled you retard lol.

And to be clear, it's not upscaling, it's just filtering. Text gets smoother/blurrier if you enable the option.

is PCSX2 worth using? I really wanted to play the Xenosaga games but my PS3 fucking died a bit after I got off the ship in the game.

This. Try capturing an image of a PS2 game from the actual console and not a fucking emulator and you'll see the difference. Still, very impressive models and art directions for some games during that time.

Yes.

nshittyfour games always looked bad though including when they were new freshly released games

I heard it's better to just buy a slim PS3 that you're able to homebrew and play through games that way. I'm planning on doing the same.

or you could press F9, the difference isn't that big

The PS2 emulation on PS3 is worse than PCSX2.

That's awful.

Not really. It's plug and play. You insert the game and start playing. PCSX2 is a fucking nightmare with plugins and game based settings. It never ends.

How come PS3/X360 era games look so shit,in comparison to PS2 era?
Is it the artstyle?

The compatability is worse and you have less(read:no) options to improve the games. You have no experience with PCSX2 if you think it's a nightmare. It's far easier to boot up a game on the emulator than on a ps3

PCSX2 is a piece of shit that's held together by a band aid. You have to make specific changes to make various games work. It's also the one with the slowest progress of all emulators. It's 2019 and they still don't have texture pack support.

>no texture packs = bandaid

Cry more bud.

It uses plugins and hacks to function, I.E, bandaids. The entire emulation community is shaking its head at PCSX2.

Do you get paid to post like this? Why don't you just enjoy video games?

>plugins = bandaid
You made it even worse, buddy

t. butthurt pcsx2 nightly dev

Get a life.

Not my problem if you find installing plugins hard

Lolno, this is what Xenosaga looked like.

Attached: 81897-xenosaga-episode-i-der-wille-zur-macht-playstation-2-screenshot.jpg (640x480, 47K)

you don't even have to do that lol

You can clearly tell it's the same assets as shown in high resolution photos, dumb dumb. The only thing that changes is resolution and texture filtering.

still looks better than shitblade 2

Fallout 4?

Isn't there another transformation where you can see her naked? Or was that censored for murrikans?

>emulator screenshot
>"WOAH GAMES FROM THIS CONSOLE LOOKED SO GOOD HOW DID THEY DO IT?????"
every single time, holy shit what is wrong with you retards

Attached: shitposting.gif (370x300, 200K)

Attached: 1539388528947.jpg (919x1300, 186K)

GBF RPG is not out yet, could even never come out.

I agree, the graphics at the time allowed for portrayal of anything from real-world to fantastic monsters with little issue.

Idiot.

they aren't talking about PS2 hardware, but the games you autist

resolution is irrelevant

Is that supposed to be a compliment to Xenosaga? Because it's not a good one.

I agree, I'm not a graphicswhore so I prefer the time be spent on making a better game. Plus it's getting out of hand with 100gb+ being the norm now.

The best game on GC was RoboWars

Oh boy, another "let's shit on Xenoblade 2" thread by people who haven't played the game. And only because Monolith is owned by Nintendo. If the same game was released on PS4, unchanged, people would praise it.

wow great argument user. woah grafix should've stopped at the ps2, look at this version of the game with quadruple the resolution, 8x msaa, double the framerate, high-quality texture filtering, a bunch of other random post-processing effects I slapped on it, holy shit why did they even make a ps3 when the ps2 was this good????

2D games should've stayed in the 16-32 bit era for graphics, and should've stuck with sprites. 3D games would be fine to stay in the PS2 era, although i do like some stuff a few devs like Arcsys have been doing with cel shaded graphics recently.

>wow this game looks so good if you wait 15 years and buy a computer with the power of 800 ps2s and run it in an emulator that can make it look better

Are you having a stroke?

I'm a weeb and even I think it looks like cringy weeb shit. The art direction in 1 was fucking great, why did they go the Tactics A2 route? Looks like fucking awful man.