Can we have a switch thread?

can we have a switch thread?

>what are you playing?
>what upcoming games are you looking forward?
>what are your favourite games on switch?

3ds bros are welcome too

Attached: uQrqdCw.gif (500x500, 514K)

Playing picross
Dragon quest builders 2
Picross

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

Kinda really looking foward to FE this month.

i'm finna sell my ps4, ps3 and vita since i don't like the games on them. i've heard that nintendo doesn't really do deals on their consoles, is there no way to get this shit cheaper than $300?

Finished World of Final Fantasy Maxima and want to 100% it but am now working on finishing FF12 Zodiac Age first.
Atm I just want any kind of SMTV news. Looking forward to seeing how well Digimon Cyber Sleuth performs on the Switch before I double-dip for the Switch, I'll get it for PC otherwise.
My favourite games right now are Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

eBay, maybe. Coupons, store discounts... Should be happening during Holiday Season.

used maybe?

Is the Bloodstained port as bad as they say it is? If it is I'll probably just pick it up on my Playstation and get BOTW or something on Switch instead.

Just bought a Switch last week, with only BotW and Smashbros so far.
What are some other games I should look out for? The online shop isn't too helpful.

Sorry I’m not a virgin

mario
pokemon

Really looking forward FE.
Meanwhile, playing Mario Maker with my Yea Forumsros.

Okami if you never played that before
Mario Maker
My Friend Pedro
Octopath Traveler

>can we have a switch thread?
Sure
>>what are you playing?
Pic
>>what upcoming games are you looking forward?
Astral Chain
>>what are your favourite games on switch?
Splatoon 2

Attached: IMG_20190711_214840.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

>what are you playing?
Just did a few SR runs in Splatoon 2.
DQ11 and LM3 for sure. I need to get DQ2, Torna and Octopath Traveler.
Splatoon 2, the hours logged in it completely eclipse everything else.

why would I buy an underpowered tablet?

>indie shit
No thanks.

having trouble installing the new Messenger update on the shop, is anyone else having this problem?

You can buy the switch lite for 200 bucks

Thanks, lads. Will check them out.

>what are you playing?
Mario Maker 2, Cuphead
Astral Chain
Bayo 2, MM2

>3ds bros are welcome too
Thank you. Will be joining /switchgang/ soon but I'm afraid I'm going to buy now then feel like shit when the Switch Pro is announced in a few months.

>just buy both bruh
I'll hate myself if I do. I've got that 'grew up poor' mentality and I don't like wasting money even if I can.

smtv just like bayo 3 is deep in development and they dont want to reveal them until theyre close to being released. which im guessing would be the end of next year.

Attached: D3pxZJqWsAAIhGr.jpg (219x360, 13K)

ITT: people pretend they actually play their dust collectors

RE4 worth for 20€? It's currently on sale.
Also thinking of getting that Ringo Ishikawa game.

Unironically nothing. Sell it.

Decided to go replay Majora's Mask 3D and found out along the line someone released a unified patch to fix everything the remake screwed up in terms of functionality, together with a couple of additional QoL fixes. Goddamn the game is now pretty much perfect.

Attached: 1541865574535.jpg (960x1200, 1.02M)

That gif is for the biggest faggots of all time, why don't you go jerk off to kids with the other retards on Yea Forums?

Playing nothing because there's nothing coming out for this boring console until September/October.

It's on sale for 20? that's a pretty high price for it. I guess it is still so popular that people pay that for it. Definitely a great game, a classic at this point.

why portablefags feel the need to make this shitty console general? why can't you just discuss the games? do you ERP here or what?

Just got one, but gonna wait a bit to get some bigger games.
Playing Blazing Beaks and Fast RMX, both are pretty fun. Fats reminds me of when I got a psp when I was younger, and all I had was Wipeout.. but it was pretty darn fun

>what are you playing?
Not playing any Switch games right now. Dominions 5 and Hitman 2016 on PC.
Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, and Sakuna
BotW, Ultimate, PuyoPuyoTetris, Arms, and Golf Story

Fast just makes me wish the switch actually had a game like wipeout on it.

Welcome to 4channel user.

I hope you enjoyed your first visit.

Waiting for september so they either announce a pokemon og switch or the „small revision“.

I want to get a normal switch but I heard they might a zelda special bundle come Sept also that's when TGS is. So should I cave and buy one now or wait till then?

Attached: 1466767521718.png (700x700, 351K)

Please elaborate on the patch fixes.

Attached: phoenix-wright-hd-sprites-ace-attorney-35724949-960-640.gif (960x640, 1.7M)

Just started God Eater 3, it's fucking awful so far.

Attached: 1550660309360.jpg (898x720, 248K)

>that's a pretty high price for it.
Well the regular price would be 30€ so I thought it's better than getting it full-priced.

alright I just wanna know. should I hold out for switch ports for some more wii u games like 3d world and pikmin 3, or just get a used wii u? really wanna play those 2 and probably xenoblade chronicles x, and a few more things. but is it worth it? don't care about emulation since I have other machines for that

Wait. Trannyera showed us that there will be a small revision in september with better battery life and I think maybe little bit better cpu. Nothing serious, but I would wait.

Buying it now or two months later won't matter much unless you really have something you wish to play until then. If you want the bundle (if there is one) you might as well wait.
If you really don't mind waiting, then why not christmas? You might get some neat promotions.

>Is the Bloodstained port as bad as they say it is?
It's not. It's worse for sure, but people speak of it as if it's absolutely unplayable.
It has lower resolution. Stable 30 fps versus >=60 fps on other platforms. Exceptions to this are like one area where the framerates tank, but in the rest of the game the inputs and framerates should be fine.
In docked mode at the very least. Heard it's worse in handheld, but it's still playable.

I was going to get it on PC, but since I had a Switch copy in the mail already I figured I should at least try it. And then I 100%d it on the Switch version and ended up more than happy with it.
I had 2 crashes in my 25~ hour run though. And that legitimately sucks. Crashes don't appear to be likely, but they're always pretty inexcusable whenever they happen. Luckily I never lost much progress. It helps that save rooms are frequent.

Hopefully next week's stability patch improves the Switch version further though. That'd be neat.

>le pedoposting is 4 oldfags meme
No, fuck off. Go to Yea Forums. Weebs are fucking garbage excuses for humans

Alright thanks guys. I just want to get a switch before the new pokemon game comes out.

I just got The Legend Of Zelda's Stanky Wild Breath. Is the DLC any good?

>Sold my switch for $200
>forgot I ever had one because it had nothing worth playing and I already played all the ports and i wasnt going to pay nintendo for garbage online quality
>Remember I still have games like Xenoblade chronicles X to finish and FE Tokyo mirage sessions

Thank fuck a Wii U retained its value

Cry more.

>Cry more.

Attached: 1560454466254.png (231x218, 9K)

I'm holding out on the game for the switch, decided to play it on pc for now, but if the switch version ever gets to a quality level I am happy with I will gladly buy the game on it.
I have very fond memories of playing castlevania on both tv and handheld, so the switch would be a no brainer for me, I just don't think the current quality is excusable.

Wasn't there supposed to be a switch sale or something?

It's okay newfriend. Just get used to seeing it more often on Yea Forums.

cope

I didn't really enjoy that game as much as I did Ocarina. It was still fun at parts, but I felt like the three days mechanic ruined the pacing.

They are listed as:
>Zora fast swimming back to normal and no longer requires you to use magic
>Deku hopping back to normal acceleration
>Three of the four buttons on the D-pad are bound to the transformation masks (Up for Goron Mask, Left for Zora Mask, Down for Deku Mask) so you can free up the X, Y and two touch buttons for other items
>Fixed Twinmold fight to be less repetitive
>Ice arrows can now be used like in the original and there are no longer shining spots indicating where you could/should freeze the water
>Moving platforms in Woodfall temple actually move now instead of requiring you to be on them for them to start moving
>A dedicated button, ZR, for the Ocarina if you have a New 3DS (sadly I don't, but I don't mind having to click the touch screen where it's normally bound to)
You can find the patch as Majora's Mask Project Restoration if you are interested.

Attached: 1537531349132.png (610x346, 2K)

Depends. It has additional shrines and has you battle the Divine Beast bosses again. There's the Trial of the Sword which is a series of challenges that once you're done you increase the Master Sword's power.

>>>/reddit/

Attached: 1559099024874.jpg (448x490, 83K)

>what are you playing?
Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, MHGU, Mario Kart 8
DQ11, Astral Chain, Trials of Mana
Dark Souls. The portability meme is actually not a meme.

I heard you get a motorcycle or something. Is that part of it?

DLC adds armor pieces (you cannot upgrade) that are quite useful for exploration. I got the DLC after getting everything so most of them are useless. They are available very soon but you have to know where to look for them (a neat side quest without markers)

As for the main content. Trial of the sword is fun as it pits you in a gauntlet against a variety of monsters without your equipment, all you can use is what you find in there, so get creative.
The second part of the DLC adds a few new shrines and one dungeon. You also get boss rematches.

It's short in comparison to the rest and I would probably like more. They are more like neat additions rather some full on content expansion. There are bits and pieces of lore regarding the champions on the DLC too.

If you wish to buy it I suggest you do it before completing the game, it will be more challenging and seem more natural as you find it.

Just got an online subscription. I'm retarded because I didn't realize Mario Maker had a bundle for a cheaper subscription and I ended up buying each separately. Oh well. I've been playing Smash Bros again online, but I'm pretty rusty since I haven't played it in a few months. I'm looking forward to Three Houses too.

Attached: 1551919204283.jpg (306x273, 29K)

I personally thought MM's time system made it far more engaging. The approach to having to plan out your 3 days properly so you make as much out of them as possible and get sidequests or a dungeon done made the world feel more organic and like it was much more alive and independently functioning. OoT is a really good game, but MM won my heart over OoT.

Yes

I can't fucking t-spin in Tetris 99, fuck that, I'll probably go back to Tenis Aces and have some fun there, at least I know my shit.

>I just don't think the current quality is excusable.
It kind of isn't. It was just not bad enough that I felt like I had to double dip for a PC version. Had been a little worse I no doubt would have though.
That said, it really is neat to have it handheld, even with the game being in this state.

But yeah I'd still call it perfectly playable, just definitely worse. For whatever it means.
Hopefully the upcoming patches really does improve it. It's still where I feel like the game belongs, after all the GBA and DS games at the very least. So it's a real shame the version isn't better than it is.

Not sure whether to pick up Resident Evil 4 or the first one, is Hyper Light Drifter a good game as well?

damn that sounds great. too bad the boss fights are still downgraded and they ruined the observatory, otherwise the n3ds version might have been the definitive version, especially with c stick control.

did they restore how the inverted song of time works too?

I'm fine with the game as is. I have a bit of a story with the original MM and the fact that this one even exists is something short of a miracle for me.
I do appreciate all you've stated from the patch, specially the ice arrows and d-pad transformations. I was kinda bummed when I couldn't just freeze water as I pleased in the 3DS version, but that was mostly it.

Thanks for the information, I will definitely check the patch out.

Attached: 79b876254975b45492d4dbffb97dbf9e--fate-zero-jpg.jpg (349x225, 15K)

Super Princess Peach fucking when!?

Attached: peachy.png (933x1000, 581K)

When does bloodstained get fixed, I've been waiting forever to buy it.

Then best way would be, get the pokemon lite, wait for them announcing the pokemon og version(I have hope that it will come), or get one during a sale.

pls respond

Dragon's Dogma
Nothing
No such thing

I have a switch but not many games appeal. Is there a list of recommended games?

Attached: 1549512523714.jpg (750x745, 90K)

Sounds like I need to get the Master Sword first, then. Thanks user.

I will confess the world felt more alive due to everything being so contained, but at the same time this was the first game where I needed a walkthrough because I didn't have time to figure out what to do on my own.

The maker of the patch says he's working on it, as reducing the speed down to 1/3 directly makes some NPCs bug out. A previous version of the patch had it but it's been removed temporarily while the author fixes the problem. I don't expect it will take too long for it to be back.

My pleasure.

>>what are you playing?
Tetris 99, CTR, and Mario Maker
Weegee's fucking house. Any other upcoming releases? i don't keep up with nose that closely.
Mario Maker, Smash, Tetris 99, Box Boi.

Where the FUCK are my SNES and N64 games on the eshop?

Attached: 1562095788880.png (261x217, 99K)

Damn

>what are you playing?
Octopath Traveller. It's a good game, if not a little repetitive. Sadly, I often get annoyed by how long every battle takes, especially the random encounters.
Weird phrasing, but my older brother and I are absolutely amped for Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
>what are your favorite games on switch?
Surprisingly? Fire Emblem Warriors. I cant really explain why, but the gameplay was addicting and time just really flew by while playing it. I also loved Dark Souls Remastered just cuz I can always get down with dark souls.
I've been playing every generation of pokemon, switching between generations whenever I beat a gym. (Also a bit of Fire Emblem Awakening, my most played game.)

Attached: IMG_20190708_232736.jpg (500x367, 30K)

Still waiting for the Switch Pro...

>try to 100% BOTW before moving on to other games
>look up how many korok seeds are there
>900

Attached: 1526947487062.jpg (500x703, 29K)

I don't really know what to say. Emulation would really be your best bet since you'll get the most bang for your buck. XCX is excellent but I don't think you'll be able to play it in it's prime without the online (I still go back to it every now and then). 3D World and Pikmin 3 are good, Pikmin specially, I just don't think I would justify a brand new console for just those. I have a bigger library, even BotW on the Wii U, if they ported everything over I could potentially sell it, but as it is, it still has games I love.

Consider emulation first, if you do find one cheap, why not? Just XCX is worth months of games

>I didn't have time to figure out what to do
Good thing the game as a clock!

Attached: kirbgar.jpg (264x264, 39K)

>>what are you playing?
A little Mario Maker. I kind of go in and out with that game. Before that it was FFX
Pokemon mostly (I know, animation hur dur). New Fire Emblem looks surprisingly good too but will wait for the reviews on that one.
BOTW, Splatoon, Has Been Heroes, Sonic Mania and Xenoblade. Sonic and HBH are amazing for traveling which is the only time I use my Switch in portable.

Alright switchbros, suggest a game for me.
Mario Maker 2, NSMBUD, FETH (I have never played a FE game, going by the other threads I'm told to play FE7 first), or something else?

If you have the DLC you can get Makar's mask that will help you find them.
I got all 900 before the first DLC was even released...

Still annoys me the Switch version is subpar to others. I doubt the game is so graphically intense that it couldn't be 60fps with the same graphics. Youd think looking worse it would at least be 60fps

It can't hit 60? Its a fucking size scroller.

>missing the point
you only need around 350 seeds to fully upgrade your inventory. The 900 korok seeds is overkill on purpose so that you can get max inventory naturally throughout your journey. Using a guide to find them all will overwhelm you and will instantly kill any chance of you playing it happily since you would spent days getting them. On top of all that, you literally don't get anything for collecting them all so its pointless. In fact, you get a joke of a reward that would piss you off to no end

Attached: 1454043733231.jpg (303x311, 63K)

Attached: 1525491005677.jpg (562x427, 131K)

I wish games weren’t so expensive on this thing. Xenoblade 2 is the only game worth full price.

What's your opinion on Dragon Quest Builder 2?
Gonna pick up a Switch on Prime Day with that, MM2 and Smash

>on a website rooted in anime culture
>its mascot is an anime girl
>its fucking called Yea Forums
>is angry that there's a big anime community

Attached: fufufu.png (455x396, 130K)

Person who doesn't watch anime here, what's with the little mushroom-shaped thing next to her mouth? I can't find results for that on Google because I don't know how to word it.

Neck yourself pedophile, seriously. They made Yea Forums for a reason, and Moot isn't here anymore. I want to beat you to death and cut your body into tiny pieces that I'll feed to stray dogs

I've had my switch hacked for quite sometime but I'd like to start using EmuMMC so I can switch between a clean nand and a dirty nand. I'm not really sure where to begin because my sysnand is dirty right now. I need to partition my SD of course and I have all of the necessary backups made and ready to go but I'm uncertain about the steps I should take next. How do I get my dirty sysnand back to clean with my backup? Should I go ahead and partition the SD and make the EmuMMC CFW on the partition of the card and then after word I go and flash my clean nand onto my sys? What about auto rcm and switching between the two nands? I can keep the dirty nand offline for good but if I want to go online should I not use auto rcm? I'm really not sure where to go from an already hacked switch, it's much more clear what to do if your switch is vanilla.

any prime day deals coming for the switch? kinda wanna grab one now that there doesnt seem to be a better version coming out any time soon

We didn't miss the point. In my case I love the game enough to fully explore it, that's why I was able to find them all before the DLC even came out. Call me an autist, I don't care, if they are there to be found, they will be found

>leaving content unfinished
I think not

Attached: it-was-like-she-was-looking-at-real-life.png (499x575, 199K)

>what are you playing?
Xenoblade 2 primarily. Tried Octopath demo and it was fun but I don't think I'll buy the full game.=.
Rune Factory 4 and 5
Probably Xenoblade. Odyssey wasn't as good as Galaxy imo. BotW just has no appeal for me either.

Attached: 1525394508113.jpg (1200x1200, 155K)

It's a little air poof, she's holding back laughter.

I miss when Vita threads were regular. You were all weeb trash but it was a nice little community. Switch threads are nice too but there's always a couple of shitposters. Nobody cared enough in Vita threads since it was low hanging fruit.

Yea Forums was originally made for discussing anime and manga. I hope you get flung out the universe by an unfeeling all-seeing cosmic wizard you deficit.

bump

Region?

Try FE7 and 8 first. They're both forgiving to newbies.

As for Switch games, my library is currently as follows: Sniper Elite V2, BOTW, Hollow Knight, and the NES online thing.

murica

Mario Maker is pretty comfy.

You people have fucked with my head. When I came here first years ago I hated anime and weeb shit and now I like stuff like the op gif. Why did you do this to me?

no one on HBG will help either, maybe I'm a brainlet? None of the tutorials I've found seem to address what you do if you're already on a dirty sysnand

Sorry friendo, I know UK/European deals pretty well through recommending friends but I'm clueless about which deliver to US. If it helps, the cheapest deals here by far are PC shops and kid's toy shops, stuff along the lines of toys r us. Don't just look at game sites, they always bump it up.

Ireland?

>what are you playing?
Just finishing up Torna after having finished XC2. This expansion is basically what I wanted the original game to be in many ways.

Mostly Daemon X Machina (basically sold me on the system with its premise), but Astral Chain is looking great too. Grabbing that Marvel game next week to mess around with friends. Mildly curious about Animal Crossing too. I'm a fan of the franchise and will end up getting it probably, but not entirely sold on all the changes. The lack of Blathers info is disturbing.

Smash and XC2. Aside from some indie games that's also all I have so far. Have a Wii U so most games were redundant and only got a Switch the past year.

Nah, a northern english shithole. I have friends in various euro countries though and a lot of their sites cover all of Europe. They probably do the US too, but after factoring in delivery you're best just sticking to local stuff.

Is Smyths Toys in your part of England? They are the cheapest spot for me for buying games.

Playing some random shit casually like Muse Dash or Baba is You.
I am hyped for Fire Emblem even though it still looks like gamecube game. Everything but graphics and character designs seem very promising. I wish there was a real xcom game on it though.
Xenoblades 2 I guess.

Of those three, probably Mario Maker for now. NSMBU is kind of dull compared to the other ones. Might be a good girlfriend game if you want something like that. Probably not worth $60. Three Houses isn't out yet so I can't tell you. Mario Maker is probably best if you try and post courses here or join some other community since it helps to share and play other people's level's.

>what are you playing?
MHGU, Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, YuGioOh
Easily MHGU. So much content, so many palicoes.

Anyone played God Eater 3? I've been really tempted to go pick up a copy but have so many other games I need to beat. I enjoyed the demo but $50-60 seems a bit high.

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Generations-Ultimate-Nintendo-Switch-e1525967985663.jpg (640x360, 65K)

I bought Mario maker on Amazon should be here today, I'm ready

I think I'm gonna also revisit Mario Odyssey try to get more moons. I got about 600 in my first go through

Also I read that someone said Xenoblade Chronicles 2 isn't really related to the first one? I haven't played it because I thought I'd be missing story since I didn't play the first

Attached: 1560210572058.png (298x358, 35K)

Right now I'm playing Moero Chronicles H, it's such an absurd game yet it's enjoyable
Only waiting for the FE release right now
So far my favorites were the Warriors spinoff (Hyrule, Fire Emblem) and Mario Odyssey. I really wish I could try Splatoon at it's highest, the little I tried to play it was laggy matches and dead minigames

You don't need to play the first to enjoy the second's story, although there is a connection that having played the first will add a little "that was neat" moment when you play it. Frankly speaking you could play the first one after 2 and get the same effect if you cared. Would recommend playing them both.

Playing muse dash
Can't wait for Astral chain and luigi mansion 3
Fav game is hard choice... Probably monster hunter or botw.

There is a connection between games but it's more of a easter egg like thing than anything, XC2 is completely encapsuled in it's own world and story, there is no problem playing it without any knowledge of the previous game.

> What are you playing.
Nothing.
> What upcoming games are you looking forwards to.
There's nothing come out that doesn't look stupid or childish.
> What are your favorite games on Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it was pretty bad.

tfw can't decide if to get the original or Lite

Do you think you'll play it exclusively as a handheld?

>really just want to go and buy the switch right now
>NEW switch may or not may be announced in a couple of weeks

Attached: 1563007994807.jpg (540x540, 37K)

bought lethal league blaze. it's really fun but the online is shit. I didn't realize ranked play wasn't available on switch yet, hope it's added soon

I feel the need to spend more money on my switch even though I already have a backlog. Anything decent in the summer sale? Preferably exclusive.

They just announced the lite and its shit. Go get the regular version, a PRO won't come till next year

Sorry, but /cgl/ - Psychopaths General is >>>/that/ way, Rodriquez.

>what are you playing?
FF7
Animal crossing and Project Diva
Smash

>playing
LoZ BotW
>looking forward to
a lot: DQ:XI, Astral Chain, LM3, Links Awakening, Animal Crossing
maybe FE3H and pokemon depends on if I'm feeling it or not.
>favorites
Now it's MM2. BotW is up there too.

Attached: 1561443966718.png (555x555, 257K)

Technically illiterate here, How do you download patches on a 3ds?

Bloody nintendo will dry up my wallet, this year I want to buy

>Crash team racing
>MVCU3
>Blasphemous
>Daemon x Machina

>what are you playing?
Been playing a lot of Zelda BOTW again (2nd playthrough) and bought MM2 which is pretty fun too
FE3H. Played a bit of Awakening and liked it so I will probably like this game too
BOTW probably?

I am playing my Pokémon machine right now, but I might get back into DQB2 later.

Attached: 1563038484986.jpg (400x482, 90K)

DQB2 is peak comfy so far.

Attached: IhEuh2C.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

>No Astral Chain

How could you?

doesn't look to appealing to me

If you already have a hacked 3DS, installing the patch is pretty simple. You just copy files into a folder inside the SD card of the 3DS. If you don't though, that's where it gets rough.

But you can pick up cans in a fursuit

Playing a bit of DQB2, its weird how docked mode is getting bad performance, basically have to play it handheld.
Hope they patch that.

Played Senran Pinball, it's about what you'd expect.
Kinda wish Pokemon was out already.
Don't even think it'll be good but I feel like blowing through it.

Not him but action games aren't that fun to me especially at 30 fps

Genuine question, not a sony fanboy but wondering if i should buy a switch at all...
I mean I only started playing games after rediscovering my old PSP and having fun playing handheld ... would it be better to just get a used vita for like $50 , what games are on it ?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Is the TWEWY port that awful? might bite the bullet and buy it just for the extra chapter but ive heard the gameplay was neutered.

yeah same, i dont understand how people can say BOTW is such an amazing game when I have to manually suspend the feeling of laggy frames just to have some bit of fun

What are some games ideal to play portably? All I have is games with long play sessions like zelda and mario

I'd recommend buying a hackable Switch since those are good emulators on top of the few exclusives and weebgames.
But that ship may have sailed for you unfortunately.

If you can't hack it, it's kind of different.
The Switch lite is going to be cheaper so there's that, it won't be hackable but neither are most of the switches you're going to buy new right now.

I fucking hate this gif. I like anime too, but the gif is just so good damn silly and dumb looking, it makes me rage and want to slap some sense into that little girl to get her to stop dancing around like a retard. FUCK I FUCKING HATE IT STOP POSTING THIS SHIT

if you just want a great handheld experience id just get a 3ds for cheap and hack it. crazy long list of games and more portable than the switch by a mile.

you know it isnt real.. right user

Unless you're a VNfag or desperately want to play P4G you're not gonna play on the vita, trust me. Unless you're gonna emulate on it

The Vita has basically no games and should be used for hacking and emulation.

The Switch has fantastic exclusives but the 3rd party support is lacking. If any of these games tickle your fancy, I'd recommend the Switch:

>Breath of the Wild
>Mario Odyssey
>Smash Ultimate
>Mario Maker 2
>Splatoon 2
>Xenoblade 2
>Mario + Rabbids
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
>Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
>Bayonetta 1+2
>Cadence of Hyrule

Yeah i know, i mean i hacked my psp and was having a bunch of fun playing PS1 jojo game and god of war ... but nintendo on the other hand makes 1st party games that i really am not a fan off, so ill be basically just playing stuff like D3, Skyrim, Witcher, Doom, God Eater3
Does PS Vita have good games to justify getting it ?
I dont have a console or a pc that can play those games

BotW didn't feel that laggy to me and I'm a stickler for performance.
Definitely had dips but not super annoying ones.
Marble it Up!
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Valkyria Chronicles 4
pretty much any GBA/GBC/SNES/NES game you think suits short sessions

Just bought Yooka Laylee on the half price sale

How likely am I to regret this?

Animation is made by the transfer of energy and time via a living human being who is very real, and very deserving of a fist with brass knuckles up their asshole

Dude ... I fucking bought the 3DSXL when that shit came out, and fuck , i hated every single second.
>Ocarina of time was just a terrible experiance
>Monster hunter hurt to play even with the additional joystick adapter
etc.
It was just unplayable and when the controls where good the graphics where absolute garbage for that generation

>just playing stuff like D3, Skyrim, Witcher, Doom, God Eater3
D3 is a good port, Skyrim is above PS3/360 but not amazing.
Doom is amazing as a port but still deserves to be played on PC.
Witcher 3 looks to be a terrible experience even from the marketing videos.
I don't know if I can justify buying a switch to you.
Unless you actually want to play exclusives on it, it's kind of a hard sell without the ability to pirate or emulate.

P I C R O S S

I bet the new switch will be announced next year. Hopefully with Metroid prime 4(haha surely this time).

BoxBoy is great

i was playing it docked and the graphics looked grainy on a 30 inch monitor + the frames looked terrible (even if it wasnt dropping it felt like it was lagging literally just one frame too much to be enjoyable)

>what are you playing?
FFXIV
FE:TH and Astral Chain
Smash
Xenoblade

I pretty much only play docked mode, so the whole "mobile port of Witcher 3" kind of announcements really don't excite me. Hope we get a Switch Pro before next console generation.

maybe it's because I played it mostly handheld then.
I have a dock connected to a monitor too but it's only 24 inches.

fuck I build half this tree in DQ Builders without knowing your villagers could do it if I stuck this shit in a chest

>what are you playing?
Nothing, no games.

Maybe SMT5, most of the announced games look like shit

Mario Odyssey, but it was overall pretty underwhelming and one of my least favorite 3D Mario games.

If the new lite version somehow manages to provide a better performance,then I'd get a Switch.

they will have to make a seperate kind of device if you want marginal tech improvement
even the leaked "silent" changes to the OG Switch are minute and wont affect the gameplay except maybe: load times, and the scaling will be slightly better

if you don't care about mario maker 2, 3 houses, astral chain, luigi's mansion, daemon x machina or animal crossing then your taste is trash. sell your switch to someone who will appreciate it.

>what are you playing?
Hyper Light Drifter
Fire Emblem, Astral Chain
Hollow Knight, Kamiko

Post your physical collection of Switch games Yea Forums.

Attached: 62976316_p0.png (601x850, 649K)

Recommend me some jrpgs, I just got a switch

How do you fix joycon drift bros? It's ruining my comfy Mario Maker sessions. I literally just got my left joycon replaced because of it, and now my right joycon is acting up too.

>what are you playing?
Nothing on my Switch right now, built a PC a few months ago and I've been catching on my backlog there.
A lot of shit this year. Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI, Daemon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion. Unsure on Pokemon but will probably end up getting it anyways due to peer pressure.
Xenoblade 2 is my favorite by far, over 450 on it.

Attached: 1551315780531.jpg (720x1291, 72K)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is pretty much it right now, the Switch is severely lacking in RPGs in general.

>the Switch is severely lacking in RPGs in general.
Are you retarded or just lazy?

>DQ Builders 2, Last Remnant, and Atelier Rorona
>Three Houses, Astral Chain, DQXI-S, and Daemon X Machina are the big ones
>BotW, Ys VIII, Labyrinth of Refrain, and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Ones I know are available off the top of my head:
Multiple Atelier titles
SEGA Ages Phantasy Star
Octopath Traveler
Shining Resonance Refrain
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Valkryia Chronicles 1 & 4

Xenoblade 2
Octopath Traveler
Tales of Vesperia
Ys 8

I don't know what you mean. I love JRPGs but the Switch is definitely lacking in them. I love my Switch I am not shitposting.
If you genuinely consider garbage like Atelier or whatever other shovelware JRPGs are on the system good and worth playing you are the retarded one.

Apparently this or the WD-40 Specialist version will work towards solving that problem.

Attached: 615sexJNW8L._SL1499_.jpg (497x1499, 103K)

Xenoblade 2, Octopath Traveler, Ys VIII, Valkyria Chronicles 4 (port of the first game is kind of rough), Disgaea 1 and 5 complete, the Atelier Arland trilogy, The World Ends With You, Tales of Vesperia remastered, Labyrinth of Refrain, The Last Remnant, and Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, and XII,

>Goalpost moving
So you are retarded, okay.

One week for MUA3 bros. I can't wait

Generally when someone asks if a system has any good games of x genre they want exclusives not ports of old games or games they can already play on another system.

Based on the suggestions listed so far I am not wrong in saying Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the only worthwhile JRPG on the switch.

Thanks

I have an untouched copy of Ys VIII for my Vita. Do I force myself to play there, or do I make a double-dip purchase for my Switch and play that instead?

The switch version has the added content of the PS4 version, which is effectively a few new dungeons. I'd say double dip for either Switch or PS4

It's a shame this handheld doesn't have many jrpgs

If PS4 was an option for me, I would have gone that direction from the start. Looks like I'll be looking towards the Switch then.

>Unsure on Pokemon but will probably end up getting it anyways due to peer pressure.
Don't be pressured, if you like it just buy it. The games won't be actual garbage, it's just that fans are wishing for more and GF haven't shown that.

Get the Switch version, it's the definitive version that includes the DLC from both the PS4 and Vita version.

>Generally when someone asks if
He asked to recommend some JRPGs You responded by saying the system lacks them You made no mention of quality, which is highly subjective, but only talked about the amount of games, which is wrong. Thus you are now moving the goalposts in trying to say it's about quality of games and if they're exclusive.
Very sad

I'm addicted to Mario Maker. I literally cannot stop myself from playing levels

do the emunand process as usual
when you're finished, format your sysnand

just wait for november and get a bund, still probably gonna be 300 bucks, but at least you could get a couple of games with it

Why do people who steal games via piracy want to announce it everywhere?

Celeste
A Hat in Time
BOTW, Celeste, Cave Story+, MK8

>>what are you playing?
Yakuza 0
Marvel Black Order, maybe. I don't like that my favourtie characters are behind a paywall and aren't there on release.
Zelda. I've not played my Switch in a month.

Any games on sale and are at a decent price off?

Attached: 1562705582525.png (598x748, 237K)

Same
It looks pretty substantial in terms of story and gameplay.
I just hope Hard difficulty is actually hard

Hey Switchbros. I'm getting $60 soon on eShop funds so I want to ask what should I get. Should I pre-purchase Astral Chain or get Super Mario Maker 2? The former seems like right up my alley since I really enjoy playing Bayonetta, but the evergreen characteristic of Mario Maker 2 gets me too. What do you think anons?

Attached: switch.png (1101x571, 658K)

hey thanks!
I'm just asking questions user calm down

Depends
Are you a big mario fan in general? Do you like platformers in general?
Jump on Mario Maker 2.
Chances are you'll be able to scrounge up cash for Astral Chain.
Did you already get your vouchers?

There was just a pretty big sale, you missed it senpai

You could try raising an extra forty bucks, then use a voucher to get both.

Yes, Mario is my favorite character and series. Bing bing wahoo! But since I'm only getting the $60 exact, I'm fucked over there.

Collecting dust
Waiting for animal crossing, metroid prime, dragon quest xi s, and botw 2 (eventually)

>>what are you playing?
Fucking around in Mario Kart until DQ Hero drops into Smash
Astral Chain
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Shield. Bea is hot but Allister is cooler.
BOTW2
Gun Gun Pixies
Slightly interested in Spyro after a price drop
Breath of the wild

god I just want to play animal crossing but of course it got delayed again

>playing The Last Remnant
>looking forward to Astral Chain, Three Houses and Scarlet Grace
>Picross S3, Xenoblade 2, Ghost 1.0, BotW