Granblue Versus is everything that's wrong with modern fighting games

Granblue Versus is everything that's wrong with modern fighting games.

Attached: 1559089189979.png (120x120, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

confreaksandgeeks.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-developer-interview-with-yuito-kimura-tetsuya-fukuhara-ax2019/
gbf.wiki/Stickers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Granblue is everything that's wrong with modern games.
fixed

more like gacha in general, the actual threat that you niggers should be afraid of compared to sjws or whatever dumb shit

What's wrong with it?

Attached: 1560028452196.jpg (164x256, 10K)

Is there a place where i can download all stickers from CrossTag/DBZ/Granblue?

Attached: 1561092296667.jpg (1108x1700, 136K)

Seems fine to me, you anime shitters are butthurt because you can't skip neutral.

this

>everything that's wrong with modern fighting games
Well kinda I guess, but that is more cause the game doesn't have anything going on rather than it following every trend. They could save it but I doubt they will. Most obvious to me are give you more options for meter, right now you earn it so easily but it only has one use. Mixed with it not carrying over this will mean every round will end with a super. The combo system needs some changes, and before the retarded defence for jumps in that doesn't mean make it anime. It means don't keep everyone restricted to the auto combos, every character being based on the exact same combo gets old super fast. The game also needs a unique mechanic to make it really stand out, cooldowns aren't going to do that. It is just lame that if you use certain versions of move all types become locked away, that is just limiting your options. No one is hyped at the idea that if they have to use an ex shoryu in a combo that means jump ins are free now. You'll just never use the ex versions of moves you might need in neutral, that is just worse than the normal way ex moves are done.

They are trying to make the game take off on graphics alone. That might gets sales, but look at DBFZ and you see it doesn't give a game much life. There is nothing in the game which makes me go wow I'd love to play around with that mechanic. It really does seem like DBFZ2: BBtag 3, games like this don't last. You can already tell by how these threads are less frequent and pretty dead. After the beta there is nothing interesting about the game to talk about. Right now it will be a waifufag game that dies in a few months.

>anime shitters
This game has less going on than your standard grounded 2D fighter. SFV legit has more mechanics and complexities. GBV doesn't even have command normals outside the universal overhead.

Get a girlfriend you loser nerd.

But Gacha has sexy girls so it is immediately based and not bad at all!
I don't HAVE to spend any money on it, I can get all I need from Free play.
If anyone is STUPID enough to pay for rolls then it's they're fault for getting taken advantage of, not mine!

Is anyone else having trouble pulling Bridal Swimsuit Wikipe-tan? I'm usually not a Lucklet, but this ones really eating in to my reserves...

WHERE IS MY RELINK NEWS

You're making this sound like Blade Strangers, omly not as good.
Unfortunately this will get more attention based on flash an advertising alone. Unfortunate.

They've recently said GBV is going to be the first, Relink sounds fucked desu.
>Kimura: Granblue Fantasy Versus is going to be the first official title to be released overseas
confreaksandgeeks.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-developer-interview-with-yuito-kimura-tetsuya-fukuhara-ax2019/

This bit caught my eye as well

>Fukuhara san said in an interview that this game will provide “action and strategic depth.” What kind of features in the game you would say that would demonstrate that best?
>Fukuhara : For Versus as a fighting game there are the simple commands. You could activate your character skills with one button. As a trade off for that, all of the skills will have a cooldown time, so players cannot consecutively activate the same skills in a row. I feel that those two aspects brings out the kind of strategy and interactions between players that no other fighting game has demonstrated at this point.
I really hope they don't think this aspect will be enough to keep even a casual player's attention. Pretty much all the shilling from fans has been trying to make out that cooldowns won't be a factor, along with the takeaway from the beta that it generally wasn't.

Versus was just a mistake because who wanted a fighting game? re;link is what everyone is waiting for: a real jRPG where Cygames can properly lay out some stories in the game instead of every event/fate story is happening in a vacuum separate from the main plotline, and can actually balance the game's combat appropriately since they can be sure of how powerful your party will be instead of having to consider some people will be hitting the fight at a pre-magna weapon grid strength and some will be hitting the content at "i solo faa-san la~" grid strength.

I wouldn't go that far, but the beta wasn't great.

Just play UNIST. It's actually a good fighting game

I enjoyed the beta, even though I went in thinking I'd hate it since I fucking hate how guilty gear feels.

Well it doesn't feel like Guilty Gear even if it has the same gameplay director, so that's not surprising.

the granblue stickers are taken from the main game itself so you can find them on the wiki
gbf.wiki/Stickers

There will threads when there are announcements
There have been only 3 trailers in about 8 months which isn't really a lot

Tertiaries should just stick to smash bros

I'm more interested to see how popular the game will be over any mechanical specifics right now. The netcode will likely suck, the PC version will be delayed without cross play, and being an anime game it already likely won't last long in the west. But people seem to think that Cygames money will override all of that so who knows. I'd love to get play an anime game with as many people in it as Street Fighter right now but they all become Discord begging after a month.

>Versus was just a mistake because who wanted a fighting game?
Adapting a series into another genre isn't that weird, and one of the early interviews did say they wanted esports. So that kind of limits their options, I guess a moba would have made some sense.

The big problem is that both this and RElink are meant to sell on it is granblue, but X! That's an okay starting place but you really need something on top of that, and they seem to have opted for graphics + meme devs. There really isn't much interesting about either of the projects outside that, especially with info so limited.

>being an anime game
It is not an anime game, why do people keep saying this when it is as far from an anime fighter as you can get?

>But people seem to think that Cygames money will override all of that
Unlikely, NRS games have money and a huge IP yet struggle to maintain a competitive playerbase. IJ2 being at EVO last year was pretty sad, that game dropped like a rock even before MK11 reveal.

The real thing that is wrong with modern fighting games is the players who want to shape games the way they want. Fighting games are different and most of the time the developers are looking to capture a different kind of game from the rest. Let it be what it wants and let the players decide how to play it

Another idiot who wants to predict how tempo and play style for a game will be before real matches are played. Every fucking time with these people. You're worse than the people who call characters broken or too strong on day 1

I get what it's trying to do but it's too clunky. SamSho nails what Versus probably wants to do and I cant see ASW matching that.

>Versus was just a mistake because who wanted a fighting game?
I did fag. Fuck off and learn to enjoy things.

>is the players who want to shape games the way they want. Fighting games are different and most of the time the developers are looking to capture a different kind of game
That sounds nice when devs are making some cool niche passion project, but here they really are aiming for lower than the lowest common denominator.

I mean read this shit >Having a vast variety of combos was something that we weren’t aiming too much for this game. Basically, all of the characters are going to have three hit combos, combined with a normal attack, and then finish it off with a skill. That is going to be the basic pattern for the combos for all of the characters. It may sound a little too simple for people that have intense fighting game experience.
They try to save it with this line
>The thing is that there are very unique actions each character. Playing with each character is like a totally different experience.
But we have seen repeatedly that never pans out for simple games.

t. defended dbfz prelaunch

it's just beta guys!

>call characters broken or too strong on day 1

If they are broken they are broken, does not matter if its called out on day 1 or day 100.

Yea , day 1 charcters are more likely to be under/overpowered but if the dev does not receve feedback he will think that the op character is ok

>You're worse than the people who call characters broken or too strong on day 1
You're acting like tiers get flipped in a few months. What is recognised as very strong early on usually stays there or drops down to just strong. You almost never see a character people thought was broken go right down to shit tier with no patch. SFV as an example, Chun, Ryu, Mika and Nash were all seen as strong early on. Until S2 hit all remained very good characters, with only Nash falling down a bit but still generally being placed A-B tier. And that was in large part due to the input lag change.

You're more likely to see a character people thought was lacking climb the tiers, over one seen as strong dramatically fall off.

What is the appeal of fighting games? Even the super dumbed-down ones aren't fun.

Attached: alex granblue.png (814x1276, 912K)

Maybe if NRS offered $1000000 prize pots people would bother to play the game.

sfv, dbfz and gbfvs are the trifecta of the cancer that is killing 2d fighting games.

>Even the super dumbed-down ones
It is cause they are dumbed down they aren't fun. The fun in fighting games comes from growth as a player, you learn how everything works and try to exploit that vs another human. Feel out what they know, where their weaknesses are, how the match up goes and how you can exploit that. Then on top of that there is a level of execution allowing you to style on someone. But so does showing off how good your quick decision making capabilities are. Making a game simpler reduces the possible scenarios and usually makes matches more samey.

This is the peak female beauty

Attached: 73570926_p0.jpg (989x1400, 292K)

I suppose.

Attached: 376a25d0a2caacd5773fec603c39b3c2.jpg (1279x1684, 266K)

>Granblue Versus
>Dragonball FighterZ
>Kill La Kill IF
>Samurai Shodown
>Smash Ultimate
>Soul Calibur VI
>UNIST
>Tekken 7
>Guilty Gear Rev 2

It’s been a good generation for Fighting Games. I’d love it if we got more reboots of franchises.

Power Stone
DarkStalkers
Bloody Roar

Would all be great.

DBFZ is good nigger, fuck you.

>he thinks this is a good generation of fighting games
>he thinks anything past Street Fighter V was remotely decent
>he thinks fighting games haven't been dead since

I'd hate to be the sorry son of a bitch that thinks any of this is true.

Attached: 1531714181284.jpg (464x401, 25K)

My wife Korwa

Attached: __korwa_lamretta_and_sutera_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_minaba_hideo__7b1647c03b6e50d66c1cd528886bfbd2 (960x800, 322K)

!

Attached: 63399092_p0.png (1415x2074, 3.66M)

Guess that is why everyone is still playing. Oh wait fucking UNIst regularly out preforms it. A vs game with no crazy creativity was never going to last, game is just the same braindead unga over and over.

Attached: 1552006885014.png (1150x932, 117K)

>being a bitter nigger who can’t enjoy things
And that’s why you have no friends.

Sorry, I don’t live in burgerstan. Game is alive and well in Japan. Even after the Toei scare.

The beta was fun, i hope there will be a phase 2 with more of the cast.

Attached: __macula_marius_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_tetsu_kimuchi__0cd7d04ce28e2dc87060f032c8afb1a1.jpg (1624x1586, 263K)

Beta was ok but I'm not paying full price for it

Attached: Mimlemel a best.jpg (1000x438, 176K)

>That sounds nice when devs are making some cool niche passion project, but here they really are aiming for lower than the lowest common denominator

No what they want is to have a game that easy to understand by spectators on a fundamental level. What they want is the ability for someone from all backgrounds of fighting game experience who happens to see footage of the game, understand what they are seeing and possibly be interested. And that's fine, let the game go in that direction and see how it works. There's no validity in thinking the game needs a new universal mechanic as it is right now. That's something you look at weeks/months after playing

The gap between calling a character broken and strong is fucking massive. There's a giant difference in say AFV between a character like Karin who is someone you could actually call broken and a character like Akuma who is considered strong. It's what people don't understand when they start throwing around the word broken on characters, especially early on in a game. Because what makes them say that is a couple of interactions you may not know how to deal with reliably and sooner than later, the way to deal with becomes apparent and the tier lists change

They said from the start that they were aiming for something more like street fighter with it
Not every AS fighter really plays like GG anyway

>capcom isn't the face of fightan anymore
>arcsys makes two completely unga fighters for casual weebs
>fightan must be dead because UNIST is popular

>No what they want is to have a game that easy to understand by spectators on a fundamental level
And you can do that while also making a game with has a lot going on. What game used to be the most watched? SF4, which was more complex than this. What game is really growing in entrant numbers and views right now? Tekken 7, considerably more complex. You know what games we are seeing huge drop off in entrants and views for? DBFZ, SFV, BBTag. People aren't going to watch a game with so little going on, they aren't going to be interested cause there is nothing to be interested in. This idea that you need to make everything super easy and understandable to get players does not work. You want them to see stuff and go oh that is crazy how do you do this. Not oh everyone is doing the actual same combo because nearly nothing else is possible.

If this shit worked Fantasy Strike would be the biggest game out there.

>GBV doesn't even have command normals outside the universal overhead

neither did hyper fighting besides bazooka knee

as a fighting game it's one of the worst ever made

>neither did hyper fighting
Yes it did. Guile, Honda, Sim, Chun, Gief and Sagat. But it seems pretty stupid to judge of hyper fighting and not later versions of SF.

Also did you forget that SF literally has double the buttons?

>The two biggest games get the most attention
Smash Melee was riding high too.

KOF, Guilty Gear, and even BBTag has a lot more going on, yet they don't get as much eyes because they're not the most popular acts. Casual audiencea don't watch tournies purely for the sake of complexity. Familiarity and being in on things is far more important. It's always been like that, I don't get this idea that it has been any different outside of enthusiasts.

>Smash Melee was riding high too.
Which is a game full of tech, smashers jerk themselves off to how much it has going on. It even out preforms newer entries in views, despite them being simpler and easier to follow.

>KOF, Guilty Gear, and even BBTag has a lot more going on
When did I say the most technical will always get the most attention? I pointed out that being technical did not stop games getting big, and that you need a good level so interesting stuff is going on. But being overly simple sure kills games fast, and GBV is well below even games that are seen as overly simple.

>Casual audiencea don't watch tournies purely for the sake of complexity
No they watch tournaments to see cool stuff happen and/or it is a brand they know very well (which only works year 1). When the game has so little going on that isn't going to happen, nobody wants to watch every character do the exact same combo. These games always see large drop offs. Where are these simple games blowing up and getting long term success? Why is Fantasy Strike so small? Why doesn't the evidence support your stance?