Fire Emblem Thread

FE Thread

Attached: 89-Ch12_435.gif (512x446, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/fire-emblem-fates-localization-beruka-x-saizou-c-support-change-major/
forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80806-fire-emblem-4-randomizer/
reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/ccnruc/when_it_comes_to_a_certain_piece_of_news_please/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good taste user. Do tell, how good can Alvis bbq?

>other two threads is just shitposting about gayships
>tfw just want to talk about games
Sucks honestly

Attached: 88-Untitled4.gif (512x448, 1.91M)

This is what we deserved when Awakening was released.

So, any of you guys excited for Three Houses?

No. I'm excited for Echoes: Jugdral.

then talk about then dipshit

Yeah, it feels like there's going to be a lot of opportunity for optimizing character builds with the weekly schedules and free flowing classes.
Assuming that the classes have skills that you can carry over after mastering the class, which I'm fairly sure they do since each character has personal skills again, and other things like that, it sounds like it should be a good time.

Nope, not playing a game filled with gays.

Yes

Attached: 1562858088182.jpg (1000x703, 274K)

God damn 4 and 5 had awesome animations

Imagine them remade with DLC.

Say what?

Yeah, I really like the new class mechanics and letting you choose everyone's class
I could do without gay shit and romance as a whole, but I can ignore it

Given everything they've announced about Three Houses, I'm 100% expecting Shadows of the Holy War next.

I'm doing another low turn count playthrough of FE5. It's amazing that there's still so much more to master about this game even after playing it so much.

Attached: 1399569448327.jpg (600x868, 308K)

Wow, that title sounds way more hardcore by replacing a single war.

Word*

I stilly wouldn't count on it, the guy that directed Echoes said they wanted to remake Roy's game.

haven't played 5 yet but dondon and mekkah's 0growths ltc was a lot of fun to watch.

the only thing I came away thinking was dumb was the whole door key thing. is that final map really not possible without keys?

>skipping Jugdral for Binding Blade
nothing would make me more asshurt

heh

Attached: heh.gif (512x448, 1.69M)

Now you've piqued my interest, go on

I just can't see any of the new features working in GBA FE.

>Big war with soldier formations
>Major/minor holy blood and holy blood weapons
>A home castle to hang out in and do stuff

That's FE4, and no other game. They'd be dumb not to re-use 3H assets.

so if they remake another fe, itll be switch for sure right

What other console could it even be for?

3ds

God the GBA sprites were such a downgrade.

>Big war with soldier formations
I don't really care for any of the old games getting remade, but that would actually fit really well in FE6.

they had their upsides.

Keys were required for his playthrough but I believe after a certain amount of turns the knights with keys open the doors themselves.

only on a per-chapter basis. sure something like Murdock's chapter would be pretty kino with huge formations but I don't think it would make sense in all of those gaidens where you're picking through an abandoned shrine or cave or whatever

Hit - reset - hit was so boring to watch.

Every map with locked doors has someway to gain keys yourself. If not, after a certain amount of turns, either they open the doors themselves or a thief spawns to open the doors themselves.

>almost every crit is just spinning

You are joining the evil Empire right?

true but they were also a lot more colorful, snappy, stylized, detailed. Alsop waiting for armor knights to walk slowly over to the opponent in order to attack could get pretty tedious. I preferred the SNES style but it wasn't a strict downgrade.

Attached: 1402786141566.gif (480x320, 1.06M)

My wife's empire isn't evil. Shut up.

She is totally evil, and we're going to salt the lands of anyone dumb enough to reject reunification

Attached: 1562988028441.png (720x403, 375K)

How can a single girl be so best

redpill me on pair up, does it make awakening/fates an afterthought? how are stats calculated

Stats gained through Pair Up are determined based on class, support level, and character modifiers.

Fates is more balanced with it (especially since enemies have access to it), but Awakening it was just an afterthought.

They originally wanted a 1:1 style with Thracia but that changed sometime during the development cycle of FE6.

Awakening yes kind of. Awakening goes straight from "trivial" to "dumb" when you turn the difficulty up. and it's all because of stupid pair up breaking the entire game and making juggernaut the only strat
Conquest, not really, they tried much harder to actually balance it and you're pretty consistently rewarded for breaking your pair up and swapping formation around. I find Conquest pretty fun although there are some bits that are basically just going to force occasional resets on the highest difficulty, or else super tedious play

other Fates games I can't speak for, I never played them

Almost always pair up
>less units on field meaning less chances for accidental deaths
>Give huge stat gains and in awakening enable both an extra attack and chance to guard (fates only has guard)
>Support points grow faster

Sorry to hear that you spoiled yourself, fe5's tricks are fun to experience blind.
As far as I'm aware the final map requires door keys or lockpicks or warp staves or rewarp staves. The dark mages have door keys so as long as you have a single one you can capture it and go around the rest of the map. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting stuck for this reason.

Pairup in Awakening is an actually broken mechanic. There's no reason not to, it does everything, it makes the avatar even more of an unstoppable juggernaught. They actually scaled it down for Fates, and it's now merely a good option. Guard stance is good, and having a stat backpack is nice, but you can get some use out of attack stance shenanigans, which can only be done without a pairup.

Did people really hate Shadow Dragon? Replayed it a month ago and had a golly good time.

Attached: 1550510423785.jpg (436x650, 107K)

I don't get the hate for Shadow Dragon. It's legitimately fun.

Regardless, whatever SD did, New Mystery did better. Easily among the best games in the series.

Its one of my favorites actually
The fact that it did entirely without supports and romance and focused entirely on Marth's campaign and growth really made me like it now in wake of the recent games

It's good, people just like to excessively hate on it due to the art style and graphics, along with reclassing, though I much prefer it's reclassing system over Awakenings and Fates and the skill grind and eugenics they had

is there a list of best pairings?

>salting rightful imperial clay
Edelgard would never do that.

I think it's best to experience FE3 as a standard FE game and then go full meme with 0% growths H5 FE11 and abuse the fuck out of forged weapons and ballisticians.

The optimal pairing in Awakening is FeMU x Chrom and bench everyone except their kids. No, really.

Awakening or Fates? Either way, pair whoever you want together, it'll work out just fine.

>The optimal pairing in Awakening is FeMU x Chrom
what do you get out of them together, I heard there's some inheritance shit I don't understand, I'm trying to get the hangv of these games

Only FE ive played are the first GBA one and the one on GC and Wii.

Are the 3DS ones worth it? My sis loves em.

inheritance doesn't matter, the point is that the less units you use the more exp each one gets and then they become invincible juggernauts that can clear the super poorly designed lunatic+ difficulty setting.
But seriously you should just pair up any characters you like, it really doesn't matter if you're not playing lunatic+.

The hate is mostly because SD had no skills or any other mechanic introduced in PoR/RD

Don't focus on the story at all, gameplay is whatever unless you like deeply customizing each unit intensively

Kinda - I'm hoping there is a meaty challenge in the game. Conquest had some kino maps that really pushed the mechanics to its limits so I'd for Three houses to do something similar.

Attached: 1558996124348.png (1748x1240, 1.38M)

Awakening isn't worth it unless you're into grindy shit
Fates has three versions, Conquest is the hardest and best, Birthright is a fixed Awakening but not as well designed as Conquest but is still fun to me thanks to all the new classes, weapon types and skill, Revelation a shit, don't play it
SoV's gameplay is insultingly bad, the only thing that I find tolerable are the art and a bit of the OST

disregarding the story Fates is pretty much better Awakening. At least play Conquest.

Shitty idea, FE3's forced dismount, 2-range manaketes (and manakete's in general), and map changes are significant enough that you can just translate your experience to a H5 run, especially one as punishing as 0%.

I'm joining the alliance that might be evil.

Fates: Conquest is the one with the most similar gameplay compared to the one's you've played

Attached: 1542693746620.jpg (675x459, 72K)

MU kind of ruins it's otherwise amazing gameplay
Yeah I disagree with an often argued notion that the lack of support convos tarnished this remake, as enough about the side characters was told through the recruitment and talk-to-marth convos
Yeah before the awakening days people shitted on SD's graphics so hard

not him wasn't fates the one with the butchered translation?

Robin is fucking his wife and daughters every single nights.

Yeah but the story is shit anyways so whatever

question, all of the three games are fucked or just one?

Have 90% of JRPGs/SRPGs added tacked on dating sim elements in the last ten years or is it just me?

To that user in the Three Houses thread last night who was talking about how they loved the small scale Braveheart atmosphere of FE5, just want you to know again that you're based.

TRPGs have always been niche as fuck and I guess developers thinking whoring out to waifufags is the only way to make them financially viable in current year.

nah, just persona and 3ds file emblems

>ten years
it's been commonplace since sakura taisen

Probably the most hyped I've ever been for a new FE. I just hope the maps aren't all terrible and the story keeps the stakes they've been teasing and don't wimp out.

All of them are fucked man, the most infamous localization fuck up is this: kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/fire-emblem-fates-localization-beruka-x-saizou-c-support-change-major/
In terms of story also, yes. Every Fates route has a donkey dick sucking story. Just enjoy the conquest gameplay and move on.

Attached: 1558191141531.jpg (1140x1108, 194K)

Why is it poorly designed?

Haven't played BR or Rev despite owning the FE14 special edition. I know just by reputation that Rev is a steaming pile, but isn't BR basically just Awakening 2? Is it something I could just breeze through in a couple days? I'm not expecting a masterpiece or even much of a challenge really, I've just been thinking that I aught to go ahead and just check it off the bullet list finally.

I hate Fire Amblem

Play a better game user

Attached: 1550051227897.png (462x554, 395K)

>...
we have some deep conversations out there
the retransaltion project is dead too after the bandwagon, so fuck it. I'll play it it NoA'd since the story is shit anyways

I ficking hate Fire Amblem too, but stay on topic

And so does the rest of the fanbase, you're not special smashfag

It's ugly as sin but I liked it a lot. Barebones as fuck but I didn't mind since it was my first fire emblem.
It also had the best iteration of Marth.

Ah, a true fan I see.

Didn't the project die because of infighting and clique bullshit?

go ahead if you want to. I don't think it's that bad.

FE3 Marth confession to Caeda>>>>>>>>>>>>>FE11

Attached: 1533446221860.jpg (736x948, 295K)

it was handed to another team, and it died too
makes me want to give it a shot to complete it, I know a thing or two about romhacking, but I don't speak japanese, and even if i started to learn it i'm ESL, so my wording would be weird

Totally. I could see it being out by 2021 for the 25th anniversary of the game.

My only issue is that they didn't bundle 1&3 together like FE3 did.

>That Catria

Attached: Not funny.jpg (600x595, 53K)

She only needs her pegasus

Attached: 1532599271854.jpg (609x600, 75K)

Very funny you mean

Anyone still here?

ah yes an actual FE Thread.
any good randomizer for FE4?

Attached: 1562632259541.jpg (365x365, 56K)

forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/80806-fire-emblem-4-randomizer/

I'm on the final chapter. My Claude!Larcei is my best unit

How can they fix it?

Attached: 1534168010623.jpg (1378x1290, 1.47M)

Need more info first. it's not looking that great so far

Yup

Attached: FE3H Houses.webm (650x364, 2.75M)

Release more jugdral units to hype people for remakes. It's free advertising at this point and it already started to work with Chad Thundercock

Pretty much

The Thracia 776 translation any good? I heard the game is stupid hard.

>remake of 4 and 5

>option to play first part of 4
>then 5
>then 2nd part of 4
am I wilding or is this a good idea

More interesting events. Rokkr is a step in the right direction. Tempest Trials is in need of anything to make it not an autobattle stamina grind fest. Tbh, just anything with more community involvement.

Also, more orbs. Ranking high is usually for feathers only and that really isn't worth it. In addition to more orbs, actually fix the fucking summoning pool instead of only for new banners.

Horrible idea. 4 and 5 play so radically different that it would literally be making two separate games in one.

>Been getting info dumped for weeks now
>loads of story leaks happened months ago
Just how much more info do you need

Hell yeah

There's some autism about character names, but other than that, it's good.

what story leaks?

>I heard the game is stupid hard.
It's not, it used to have that reputation because the few people who played it wanted to feel special but now everyone's play it and it's nothing special.

I've gotten tired of the threads on Yea Forums for it so I haven't been up to date for the new info, but I preordered it so I'll enjoy whatever happens when I play my copy

Reportedly the maps are pretty easy, even on hard, unfortunately. Perhaps it's unsurprising given the damage output of the three lords, though. I'm still holding out for Player Rankings returning, though, since that always adds an added layer of optional difficulty.

You can easily find them. They had info on the timeskip and everything 2 months before that was revealed at E3

Best ROMhack?

Attached: 123987987987098.png (716x478, 155K)

The one (You) make.

I've been thinking of gathering GBA portraits for non GBA characters and making a tool to pick and choose units to replace in 6/7/8. Stupid idea or fun idea?

Elibian nights, crimson arm, kino promise, in that order.

Sounds boring desu if there's not going to be a coherent storyline behind the replacements

it's very special but not because it's hard which it isn't really

Maybe if they also came with the classes from their games it'd be fun.

So you can recruit students from other houses, right? But how does that affect cutscenes, class events, etc? No way they wrote each event accounting for having certain characters, that would take forever. So isn’t it gonna be kinda awkward if you recruit a few students from the other houses, but they never show up in events or cutscenes?

It's more or less just to slightly spice up your 30th playthrough using other characters. Or just swap recruitment times in general (like getting Syrene instead of Seth, or having a Great Knight Titania instead of Seth)

Because Lunatic+ has random special skills for each enemy and sometimes it generates unbeatable maps. The only answer to it is reset for good rng and cheese the game with its broken mechanics. If you want a challenge that isnt rng based and broken check out Conquest Lunatic

Maybe I'm misremembering this but I believe we saw a Paralogue between two characters of separate houses, so there's at least some minimal interaction possible between some of the recruits. As for cutscenes, if they're smart they'll handle it a bit like base-conversations from PoR/RD where the main chapters will only include your main lord +whatever character is story relevant for the chapter you have recruited into your house but there're events between units that you can observe as you walk about the monastery.

Randomizers kind of play that role already, but I guess it'd be neat to be play Titiania in GBA

how the fuck do I survive this fight? I get shit on even after popping phalanx

Attached: 30363bys3o931.png (498x616, 51K)

The one in the treehouse demonstration had both of them from the same house, but there was a scene that was shown early in of the media coverage with Dorothea and Ingrid, who are in different houses, talking about Ingrid's house and the situation the latter is in because they're socially fucked or something.

>More interesting events.
Yup, but I think one grind event is fine and I wish they'd fix up Forging Bonds instead. That's the true boring event mode.
>Tbh, just anything with more community involvement.
It's a pity how vg doesn't do that and gc is just spamming your lances and autobattling to get rank 10. Inability to coordinate attacks makes it a crappy mode
>Also, more orbs.
The way the summoning pool works and definitely the way resources are divied out need to be extensively revamped.

Attached: 1544500954783.jpg (296x272, 28K)

Dunno, i'm not autistic enough to try and make a good team for imposible raids in GBF

maybe it's just my autism but I prefer playing the exact same game over and over while trying to improve my tactics rather than playing something new and barely scratching the surface in terms of optimization. That's why FE games have so much replay value for me.

FE Games take up so much time that I usually only replay them once or twice

Attached: 1553164362640.png (650x750, 616K)

Ooh, if Grand Conquest had a system where you can select a node and choose a message for your team to see. Stuff like "Attack here!", "Ignore this!" etc

"Dump here at xx:xx o'clock!" That'd be cool

Attached: 1552304750489.jpg (1200x1200, 220K)

I'm gonna submit feedback for this

In all honesty they fucked up from the beginning, PvP was a mistake. What FE needs are actual genuine events. They're paralogue and chapter structure doesn't cut it.

Aside from the Hero Battles, PvP is the only interesting gameplay happening in feh

Attached: 1553903455498.jpg (500x292, 30K)

Unless it's 2D it's shit

Attached: 1552330670489.jpg (299x333, 16K)

I was thinking about doing a FE randomizer
And when I say randomizer I intend every character of every game in the series can appear

>It's fun to press a button and watch your person do all the work for you
I want to play a video game not watch a movie and pretend I'm being strategic

Someone made something sort of similar to that, but it only adjusted name, class, bases, and growths. They didn't include portraits or anything.

do u feel like you're actually ripping off the Kraken's head when you press circle a bunch of times in god of war

>I don't like turn based games so clearly I must like nu-male games like god of war
Great deduction sherlock

so... what games do you like
I was just spitballing

Fallout 3 and NV
Battlefield series
PUBG

I actually loved FE6's graphics almost as much as 4 and 5. The bright colors and snappy, sometimes over the top animations combined with the music made everything so bright and cheery.

Attached: 1555165945689.png (378x636, 6K)

Oh man could you imagine echoes remakes of holy war and thracia 776?

why do Japan have to region lock FE games on the Virtual Console

I am
I've yet to decide what class for Byleth though, was thinking either full mage or hybrid

Attached: 1560840357293.jpg (900x900, 97K)

It is possible but you require to capture enemies and that is not going to happen since you can't capture in 2 range.

I played FE4 Twice Now. My favoite Pairing are:
Claude/Aideen: Rescue for the rest of the game
Noish/Ayra: OP Sword Children
Beowolf/Lachesis:Basic bitch pairing, but it is too good
Alec/Erin: A flier that can tank Arrows and Nulls Criticals
Lex/Sylvia: A dancer that can level up easily
Azel/Tailtyu: Best Magic units
Dew/Briggid: Bargain OP

Void's Blitzarre Adventure

Gheb
The one where the dude's self insert can be cucked from his crush by Eliwood
This one

Attached: Can you handle the weight.webm (240x160, 458K)

>that last line

Attached: 1560366330837.png (163x166, 76K)

So I've always been interested in tactics RPG combat but never played one. Considering making Three Houses my first game in the genre. Need something for my Switch anyways. Will I even enjoy this series if I'm not that interested in the waifus and VN elements? Can Fire Emblem easily be enjoyed for just the gameplay?

>This masterpiece will never be finished
>We'll never be able to team up with Batman, Crono, Vincent and the likes to take down THE Lavos
Makes me sad every time I think about it.

Attached: dowboxdisplaymini-2.png (544x360, 408K)

Are there genuinely people who think otherwise?

Attached: 6d1972814cc971307a8c16e7ff9be3c374bb2a0fv2_00.jpg (480x320, 54K)

What is this MLM and FLF shit reddit is sperging about on for 3Houses?

Faggot supports.
MLM is gay and FLF is carpetmuncher, not sure why they use these stupid terms.

I await you on Dread Isle

Attached: cdc.jpg (800x450, 82K)

Why do these people keep coming up with annoying fucking new acronyms every week. Just say gay and lesbian. Jesus the west needs purging

reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/ccnruc/when_it_comes_to_a_certain_piece_of_news_please/

That isn't special and distinctive enough for the snowflakes, how else can they get the attention?

Got AIDS from opening this link.

Sure. The characters in your army and their interactions will always be a focal point of Fire Emblem and matchmaking/shipping shit has been around forever, but it's more subdued in older games and only really started taking a front stage with Awakening. The core gameplay has stayed relatively consistent and things like customizing and managing your army and figuring out who to use and how to approach maps is still fun, although part of the latter is dependent on the map design which has been kinda spotty in the last 2.6 games. So far though Three Houses seems to be looking really good in the gameplay department.

Fucking christ the comments. One guy got 15 downvotes for asking how it's a problem when there's both gay and lesbian options and he's getting mansplaining treatment. Is reddit generally like this?

No, They are even worse. Say something in response to the negavite feedback and they insult you harder. They are like a pack of wolves

4's fuck huge maps have always put me off. Every time I try to play it I end up dropping it cause the scope of the map and how much you have to cover and look out for always gives me anxiety for whatever dumb reason.

Reddit is a shithole full of liberal fucktard subhumans. Make any valid point and they'll just give you a snarky reply.

>Is reddit generally like this?
reddit is anything but a monolith
its many small communities are each quite distinct
the big ones are kind of generally like that though, yes. although this subreddit seems a bit worse than the average

I guess they never got around to localizing them.

one of the fun parts of 4 imo is moving efficiently from one side of the map to the other. which is probably autistic and also why I only play it ranked now. idk how to describe it exactly, but there's just something so satisfying about successfully finding things for your 5 MOV units to do while still completing the objectives as quickly as possible. if you play it slow or turtly or grindy then 4 is miserable

Most of the autism I've seen comes from people complaining that the translators ad-lib dialogue that didn't exist in the original Japanese at all, mostly for the generic villagers who originally only ever said "Thanks for visiting, here's an item. Good luck."

What does it mean Carpetmuncher

lesbian, ESL-friend

Do not get it, just to go /feg/ and look into their pastebin for their own translation of that game. Not that great but serviceable compared to that fucking tryhard of a translation from those serenesforest motherfuckers. They literally changed so much shit that wasn't even in the original japanese language and are hailing it as 'professional' localisation which can be comparable to fates tier of unnecessary censorship and changes

Wow, a villager who literally said nothing but "Good Luck" and gave you a staff now goes into a spiel about how he made the staff from a tree he grew.

As far as I'm concerned, moments like that are hardly worth a complaint compared to some of the actual plot-related dialogues that got altered heavily to the point of being unrecognizable.

what game in the series should i play? i played some of the gba version but it felt boring. i have a hacked 3ds so i'm up to try any of the games in the series. i want that satisfying feeling of a checkmate

>plot-related dialogues that got altered heavily to the point of being unrecognizable.
such as?
I'm curious

The opening to the last gaiden chapter where they go into a lengthy talk about the teleport traps and how they lead to "ancient Loptyrian torture chambers" that does nothing but drag out the scene with needless fluff. Just a light warning about watching your step for the traps would have been enough, but the head translator wanted to stick in pointless fanfiction instead.

I'm doing a regular playthrough after playing 0% growths for a while, only now do I remember that growths trigger my autism really badly
>playing fire emblem 5
>going through a chapter, everything going well
>get a good level up
>a really good level up
>actually maybe it's a bit too good, if I keep it it will compromise the validity of my strats because I can't expect to get such a good level up every time
>restart
I'm not the only one that does this, am I?

Why even try to lie like this, there's PDFs from the translator himself that shows the gigantic changes he did.

Honestly the biggest problem with the patch isn't the rewrites, it's the font. I switched to the old patch because I was straining my eyes to read the text.

They're at least going to do something about the font, but you're out of luck if you're hoping for them to rewrite it.

Any idea when they're releasing a version with better font?

No idea.

Yes. The new "make your own class" mechanics seem like they'd be fun to mess around with on repeat playthroughs.
I've been converted to Blue Lions after all the stuff we've been seeing about Dimitri in the past few weeks. After that I'll do Black Eagles and then Golden Queers last.

>only now do I remember that growths trigger my autism really badly
yeah actually I feel the same way, 0growths is almost a load off my back in that sense

>actually maybe it's a bit too good, if I keep it it will compromise the validity of my strats because I can't expect to get such a good level up every time
>restart
WOW, no, I have never been that autistic, I only get butthurt at bad levels. congratulations you are the most autistic