youtu.be/3Ln2yCqEq30
youtube.com/watch?v=P-1X_Jwj8EE
youtube.com/watch?v=_AbCOhvaLLM
youtube.com/watch?v=EmQ7SRLoOyw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mv8mCyF2_h8
youtube.com/watch?v=BZf0eDmuLlU
youtu.be/el4PzCgDUsE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They didn't use venom again. That's a good thing.

But that's it.

juggling people in the air
web slinging

story
boss fights
swinging

It was original, not shovelware to cash in on a movie.

It was also made by people that really understood the characters and setting

Just like the arkham series.

Attached: 1559362082653.jpg (352x372, 13K)

Good
>web slinging
>production quality
>suits
>NG+
>YOU REALLY FEEL LIKE SPIDERMAN BRO
Bad
>stealth segments
>holding the player's hand in a vicelike grip
>poor writing
>segments of the game are heavily undeveloped and feel like beta content
Ugly
>little momentum in combat
>web types are largely a gimmick and effectively only exist to spam on an enemy and end a fight earlier
>level system only exists to artificially limit when the player can unlock new content

graphics i guess

The windows are amazing!

kotaku.com/spider-mans-windows-are-amazing-1828975723/amp

Attached: spiderman1.jpg (628x353, 65K)

agree with a few of these.
>heavily undeveloped segments
examples?

good
>web slinging
>graphics
>variety of suits
>ng+
bad
>extremely uneven pacing in the story
>campaign is boring shit for the first 15 hours
>side content is horrible, AC-tier
>combat is bad
>no enemy variety

>web types are largely a gimmick and effectively only exist to spam on an enemy and end a fight earlier
what are you talking about, the web gadgets are extremely useful at all points in the game

Where do the boss fights stand?

There are none. user is talking out his dumb, shit-ass. Remember to report and/or hide posts like that retard.

the only fun boss fight is the one between Shocker and Vulture, all others are gimmicks

The web-swinging was great. Music was great. I liked the fact that it was their own take on Spiderman, not directly copying the MCU story, while still being inclusive of it. The amount of suits was awesome and collecting them was great. I loved the fact that the roster of villains was so broad; I just wish they spent more time on each of them as they're some of the best bits of the game.

The bad has to be the MJ / Miles sequences - no one bought the game to play as these characters and it is never fun when you have to do so. The copy and pasted street crimes become a chore after 20 minutes - given how many you have to do to 100% the game, these are by and far the worst part of the whole game. Also bossfights are too easy, especially on ultimate.

i enjoyed all the boss fights because of the fun banter and spectacle element, but a lot of them feel repetitive with the final boss being the worst offender. electro/vulture, Mister negative 2, and rhino/scorpion are probably the best.
How are vulture and shocker no gimmicks?

I don't really know how to explain it, but some parts just felt so amateurish they stood out against the parts that had obviously been really polished (like the helicopter chase mission). Stuff like side missions where the animations are lower quality and the NPCs mouths don't move when they talk, that sort of thing.

The side content also felt really antiquated, like the sort of thing you'd see in a game from 2005. Who the fuck wants to take a picture of every other building in fucking Manhattan for no reason?

I just didn't see that much difference between them. There were a few cool moments where the tripwire one felt cool but otherwise they seemed more boring than just fighting.

A lot of them felt too long, mostly the Sinister Six fights (Rhino/Scorpion, Ock). Not even because they were challenging, just because the game wanted you to dodge and swing into the Vulture the exact same way 20 times for some reason. It might have been the difficulty I was on scaling it poorly or something. Some others like Shocker were really fun.

Eat my ass and learn to think for yourself instead of hiding every post you don't agree with

it is a gimmick, but it's a fun gimmick because you spend the whole fight webslinging

>bad combat
wut? Im a DMCfag and this game reminded me of dmc on training wheels. Miles ahead of trash like bamham

They spent all the time perfecting web slinging which feels real good but the campaign was pretty boring till the last 3 hours.

Combat could be better as most of the gadgets really trivialize the already easy combat. Side missions were bad.

Forced stealth is real fucking lame also

I really liked the fight with Shocker at the start of the game, and the one with Rhino and Scorpion towards the end. The final fight against Doc Ock was the worst for me. Hammerhead in the DLC was pretty shit too.

It's Electro and Vulture.

I thought the soundtrack was pretty generic desu

I liked the combat, the emphasis on combos was good.
I liked the gameplay variety, but the puzzles were shit and the osborne quests were shit.

i liked the gimmick in rhino/scorpion a lot more desu and the train fight with Li could have been kino if they didnt spend 75% of it trying to show you how to dodge his attacks and the only phase where it gets interesting with him mixing up attacks, it ends.

please be bait, because arkham knight has superior combat to spider man any day of the week. be it in variety of gadgets, combat rhythm, smoothness, enemy variety and seamlessness of combo/gadget usage, knight wins by a pretty big margin.

the story and boss fights are both terrible

It's better than the Amazing Spiderman movies

Arkham Batman fights how Spider-Man should fight and Insomniac Spider-Man fights how Batman should fight

>the Sinister Six all fight Spider-Man at once and easily kick his ass, nearly killing him if not for Ock mercifully trying to get Peter to fuck off
>they all coincidentally are split up and easily picked off for the rest of the game
I would've liked to have seen them actually overcome by Peter's intelligence or abilities instead of just never using their greatest advantage ever again

I thought hammerhead in dlc 2 and 3 were pretty solid because they removed the whole "you have to spam web and immobilize bosses and just press square 4 times". it felt like an actual fight where you go in get a few hits and dodge a few hits and repeat instead of the repetitive shit from the main game.
I was expecting a much more fleshed out fight with doc ock too instead of dodge his 2 moves and web him up like every one else

arkham knight is the 4th game in the franchise and it still has trash combat that has absolutely zero emphasis on movement and positioning, just stand in the middle and alternate pressing 2 buttons. Occasionally, use a gadget or a special takedown to defeat a very specific enemy that can only be beaten by that specific gadget/takedown. Its a snoozefest, BUT it is pretty smooth and feels good so i'll give ya that

They are pretty much the exact same

are you implying spider man is any different? it's literally the exact same except without the smoothness knight has in changing gadgets and without the enemy variety

faggot

the only reason why Spider-Man "emphasizes" positioning is because it's impossible to cancel out of Spidey's extremely long dodge animations or chain dodge-to-dodge-to-dodge so anytime you get surrounded you get beat the fuck up because even though he can dodge bullets he can't dodge random thug's fists

everything

Attached: hnqwm8zs5xk11.jpg (2048x1152, 241K)

Everything, best spider-man game ever.
Sequel is reason enough to buy a ps5 and not any other no-games console instead

Generic is the Avengers sound track. Not a single memorable orchestral theme in over a decade. This game had fucking bangers in comparison. The lab theme, the web swinging theme, this game has a lot of brilliant songs. I'm sorry for your tin ear.

except fights take place in much larger arenas where enemies use guns and launchers to blast your ass so you have to be mindful of your positioning at all times and move around the arena. Gadgets are also more fun especially when you use impact web to blast someone like a shotgun mid combo. They need to integrate it in combos without using the radial menu though. Also the general webs, environment use, aerial combat and more attack moves like off the wall, slide under etc. make it a lot better. also is it fair comparing it to a game that had 4 games to keep improving? combat in arkham asylum was pretty shit.

Not him but he is right, soundtrack is terrible outside the main theme, which is awesome. Can't remember any other track.

I didn't mind the crimes as I had fun doing them. Combat system is real fun and allows you to be creative.

It's literally a copy paste of that bamham, freeflow magnetic combat. At least bamham is original.

>web swinging theme
I probably wouldn't be able to pick it out of a medley of Spider-Man movie music, which I assume was the point. But I wouldn't be able to hum it for you right now, and that's with it being shoehorned in every single time you start to swing

damn right
youtube.com/watch?v=6XpU86QsZj0&t=

>impossible to cancel out of spidey's extremely long dodge animations
>can't dodge random thug's fists
what? you can cancel out of literally anything. You can even do a long dodge out of regular circle dodge or just wep zip or some shit. git gud

Maybe your memory is shit though, because I am humming it right now?

>also is it fair comparing it to a game that had 4 games to keep improving?
Not him but I'd say it's pretty fair when those 4 games all came out long before this one and this one directly lifted its combat from them, yeah.

I never had an issue when surrounded.

>outs himself as never having played the game

Too bad they're immediately using him again in the next game

I still think Spiderman 2's was better

youtube.com/watch?v=Yae2vXKbN9k

Well, I can hum at least one of the motifs from the Avengers movies, so....

I can't even count the amount of times I got hit because I was still in the middle of that stupid cartwheel dodge animation when a second hit came through. Or the fact that half of the enemies in the game, brutes in particular, can chain attacks together faster than your dodge animation resets so even if you dodge the first hit the second hit of the combo WILL hit you. Let me tell you what, that's a real efficient way to show players how important gadgets are: make the actual fighting feel like hot garbage. At least the air combat is fun otherwise the game would feel clunky as all fuck. But then again when the guys with rifles start appearing en masse you won't be spending much time in the air, anyway.

And you're trying to critique my taste? Get a grip of yourself man.

Infinity War had a great score.

>directly lifted its combat from them
stop lying
>its fair
except its not because they had all those games to use as base and just add smaller improvements over time. Go play asylum now and you'll see how its combat is. also play a good action game instead of arkham trash

>And you're trying to critique my taste?
I didn't say anything about your taste though.

>stop lying
you first kiddo. it's plain as day that the arkham games were a massive influence on this game's combat

Because you're not supposed to get surrounded since if you aren't in the air or nuking 5 guys at once with a web gadget you are doing it wrong

yea because being influenced by something = directly lifting.

It is when you've taken pretty much all of it yeah

not even trying to be an asshole, but literally git gud. You shouldn't be getting hit while dodging unless you completely mistime the dodge to begin with.

yeah arkham totally had web and aerial combat. go shitpost elsewhere faggot.

>I can't even count the amount of times I got hit because I was still in the middle of that stupid cartwheel dodge animation when a second hit came through
You are confusing Spiderman ps4 with spiderman 2, in that game you were 100% vulnerable when dodging an attack but in this one you can chain dodges without any problem. Git gud

It doesn't matter if you time the dodge properly when half the time the dodge animation carries you straight into another guy's attack. That's a real problem in the demon hideout missions that take place in people's cramped basements. Fuck that shit. The only way to approach the combat is use gadgets to insta-wipe as many people as you can, then spam air combos until you get a focus meter, use the focus to smack two people and get your gadgets back, and repeat. It's very flow-charty.

>web
bat grapple covers at least part of this, for the rest and:
>aerial
adding stuff on top doesn't suddenly mean they didn't take every other part from bamham
I think the game is amazing but I've no idea why austronauts like you feel the need to defend it against something that's not even a slight, just a statement of fact

Console exclusive so pcplebs couldn't infest it.

>can't dodge two hits in a row

It's you. You're not good. I can go untouched in big fights.

I can go untouched in big fights too, faggot, it's not hard when you can use web bomb and sonic attack together to stick 10 men to a wall at once. Or endlessly farm focus meter by spamming that dumb levitation gadget.

sounds like you played it like batman and just used ground combat with dodging and think thats on the game. git gud.

the games are near-identical

I thought the boss fights were too short. Felt like there should have been more phases to the dual boss fights like in Doc Ock fight

>point out an aspect of the gameplay that feels clunky and unsatisfying
>"dude just git gud lol"
Shut the fuck up you stupid fucking fanboy, I know how to fight in the air and use gadgets. It feels like cheese, especially when you learn how you can literally fucking hover in the air and bully people forever. And nuking a mob of enemies with gadget spam is fun for a few encounters until you get used to how broken it is at which point it's just more cheese. And then the game tries to compensate for it by adding in No Fun Allowed enemies like the sword demons and the minigun brutes. And those guys can be cheesed too if you've fully upgraded your electric webs. It's either clunky, cheesy bullshit, or tedium.

Also actually getting the upgrades for like half of your gadgets is really annoying because they all require beating those stupid fucking taskmaster missions.

Game was good. Sequel could be godlike if it receives improvements like Arkham Asylum did to Arkham City. Say

How would that even work? You'd just get obliterated.

Things to improve on
1. No more MJ and Miles forced stealth missions, please. If Miles gets screentime it had better be in a spider-suit.

2. PLEASE work on the Predator sections. If there is literally anything to lift from the Bamham games it is the predator encounters. They feel pretty lame in Spider-Man. To the point where I was accidentally making it harder on myself by not taking certain opportunities because I just assumed there would be no possible way the AI would ever let me get away with it (but it would).

keep seething faggot

How is it coincidence? Ock gave them all different jobs to do, and they were off doing them.

>s-seething
I'll take your concession. Fuck you and fuck people who say that the combat in Spider-Man is smooth or flows well. You know what ISN'T smooth? Running around in circles spamming the web shooters so you can go back and one-by-one slam them back into the ground for instakills. And don't tell me that this isn't an "intended" way of playing the game optimally, either, because getting max score on certain combat trials basically requires you to do shit like this.

I'll add
1. improve boss fights. Either make them all unique with interesting gimmicks or make them straight up fights, with interesting moves and combos in enemy arsenal. Right now, it tries to be both n just sucks
2. Web-swinging- they have to make it so that the webs dont break automatically when the game wants it to. It ruins the swinging when I am trying to loop around a building, but it just breaks. Add ground-running with webs and two hand swings.
3. Design stealth for Miles where it mirrors the finesse of arkham. Gut the MJ sections.
4. Fleshed out side quests with actual Marvel characters like J.Jonah or other villains.

>concession
lol nice try. I am not wasting my time with retards like you that blame the game for not running smooth when in reality they just straight up suck. Keep crying

oh also go play some good action games you arkham playing faggot

The web-mechanics + the visual style + skins that aren't micro transaction only

Cons
The game-play is incredibly dull/repetitive even on the highest difficulty with an open world that's only purpose is to be a selling point rather than servicing the game-play
Only enemy you face are street-level thugs/armored humans. boring; fuck spiderman ps4

>good action games
You mean games that aren't Spider-Man ps4?

They didn't go full retard trying to make some kind of super unique special snowflake version of Spider-Man, or try to have some kind of gimmick to make it unique from other Spider-Man games.

It was mostly focused on just being a damn good Spider-Man game, the twist it added to established characters mostly worked and didn't feel overly edgy or controversal. Though I imagine Harry potentially being Venom is what is gonna make this Spider-Canon potentially shit the bed.

The gameplay was fun as shit to me. I love the combat system. It could be fleshed out more, but it's solid.

what are some good games according to you?

>play the videogame using the tools at your disposal
>"I don't like these tools they feel cheesy and unsatisfying"
>NO YOU JUST SUCK STOP DOING THAT
Fuck off, retard

Too bad easily half of the game isn't actually fighting at all, it's doing forced stealth sections with Miles/MJ or science minigames with Otto/Harry

where the fuck did I say "stop using the tools" at your disposal?
If you are spamming 2 moves, then you just up suck. There are videos of people on youtube doing bases with no damage using the full arsenal of moves, and not "cheesing" 2-3 moves so stop blaming the game and git fuckin gud you massive faggot.

>if you are just spamming two moves
>implying
air juggling feels like cheese
all of the gadget combos feel like cheese
fighting while not doing these things feels clunky
there's your combat system, 10/10 not

Wrong.

Is friendly fire turned on? I'm starting a runthrough of the game on ultimate difficulty right now and I keep taking bullets, but since there aren't any thugs with guns yet I can only assume that they're coming from the cops. And they do a LOT of damage this time around.

What other enemy types did you want?

Yes, you can be hit by cop bullets

Also something that I've noticed as you turn the difficulty up is how enemies like roller-skate up to you to punch you. You think you're safe since they're already in the middle of their swing but you're out of harm's reach but then they slide along the floor for a real fucking long way to hit you anyway. You really do have to be conservative with when you're attacking people because to my knowledge your attack animations are locked in.

You can dodge at any point.

Is there any way to get these stupid faggots to hold their fire while I'm fighting? It's fucking me up.

>>poor writing
it was inconsistent, had high and lows. It was better then the two reboots imo

I dunno about punching animations. I can definitely cancel into dodges to avoid bullets but the thugs have this tendency to slip-and-slide their way across the ground to hit me anyway after the dodge was complete. If I time it just right I can get the combo where Peter slides under a guy's legs after doing the attack as if I had hit a guy with a riot shield (this is the most consistent way to avoid punches from guys who are adjacent to the guy you are punching since their sneakers are apparently ice skates with active spider-magnetism) but I dunno if that can be provoked at any time or if it needs you to wait until the punching animation is over before it can begin.

If you time the dodge correctly, you won't get hit by even the sliding punches. You're not supposed to be dodging away or anything. You should be dodging during the middle of a punch to take advantage of the dodge's invulnerability frames.

I gotta say, though, the thing that is making feel most like spider-man is air comboing people, flinging them into walls, and then webbing them onto the wall before they hit the ground. Just wish it didn't take all 6 shots from the web shooter to do, though.

This fag again. Jesus Christ seek help.

THIS. controlling direction while dodging is necessary. Can't just press circle and expect the game to dodge in the right direction for u

Is there a way to prioritize web zipping guys with guns? The game keeps targeting the unarmed thugs in front of the guys with guns whenever I hit triangle.

you can try aligning your stick in the direction, but if someones in the way, you will slam into him. kinda annoying

I know that if you do if perfectly you can tank it with the iframes. I think it's awkward, is all. Muscle memory kicks in, like you stop paying attention to the guys who are obviously out of arm's-length of you because they physically cannot hit you with that punch, until wham they are right in your fucking face regardless because of this weird rubberbanding mechanic. I never noticed how blatant it is until I tried booting up the game on the hardest difficulty in which you get KOd in like 4 hits.

just beat this last night. masterpiece. its the web slinging and the combo mechanics they really make you feel like the webslinger. I could have done without the QT events but they weren't as bad as i was paranoid about

Attached: zbrush_hulk_spiderman_isaac_oster.jpg (717x800, 81K)

The swinging
The visuals
Everything else fucking stinks
Even the swinging is outshined by some of the other Spiderman games like 2, ultimate, wos

Cycling gadgets depending on your own and the enemy's position is key to webbing niggas up efficiently. It only takes three (for or five for brutes) shots to web up anyone when they're vulnerable. When they're webbed up, you can throw them into walls or into the wall to finish them.

what did you think of the bosses

not hammerhead

The best way to deal with them is perfect dodging, taking advantage of the park that throws was in their faces after executing the dodge, and disarming them

Yeah, it is awkward to get used to.

Nothing at all

Can you set the weather in the postgame yet?

This was kino.

Attached: 1546281678333.png (1280x720, 1.49M)

First thing I noticed about enemies because I chose to start in spectacular. Gadgets become lifesavers and air combat becomes absolutely necessary.

I like the game. 8/10 in my opinion. And 6 being an average game this was well above average, it was great.
I liked:
Visuals
Web slinging
Peter Paker
Combat for the most part
Doc Oc was great. I'm very glad they put him in.
Disliked:
Mary Jane, she was annoying the whole game. Yeah, you be my partner and I have to constantly save you. Everything she did spiderman could have done in 10 seconds. Imagine if Oracle in the Arkham games decided to roll around in her wheel chair everywhere trying to fight villains herself.
Miles Morales levels were boring as shit. Incredibly easy and all those levels could have just been a cut scene.
For the first like 70% of the game you fight literal who's. Mr. Negative is a lame villain. And the classics didnt come in till very late in the game and they are dealt with very quickly.
And lastly, it's clear they're saving the better villains for a sequel.

Fucking Doc, man. I knew it was coming but I still wasn't ready, thus game's funding was a real gut puncher

Soon.

Attached: 1561108944969.png (778x1200, 1.26M)

I am baffled Yea Forums groups this game in with movie games. But I know they don't actually play games

I know the point of Martin was to illustrate how corrupt Osborn is, but he wasn't too bad. It helps tie things together in the narrative.

Osborne wasn't even really that bad of a guy. Actually if Martin wasn't such a dickhead none of this would have happened and Devils Breath would have turned into a cure for like cancer and aids and shit. Idk Martin was annoying. Doc Oc was great and I'm glad they at least put one of the better villains in the game. I hope we see Green Goblin and at least one of the symbiotes next game.

I can't stand bossfights that are dodge-dodge-throw a few punches-dodge-HIT THESE TWO BUTTONS TO TRIGGER A CINEMATIC ATTACK but the cinematic attack is the same all 3-5 times you do it

it was especially awful in the DLC. The DLC was ass in general, and the fact that the only crimes that repeat once you clear an area are runaway cars sucks.

Screwball challenges were awful and seemed more and more like beta content with each dlc, I cleared the fight against taskmaster not even realizing that was the cap to his sidequest so that kinda sucked.

Web swinging was great, but needs that run animation for swinging too close to the ground and two-handed swinging. The weapon wheel was kinda eh but once you learn double-tapping fire switches between your current gadget and your last one it's a little less bad.

The fact that there was no gallery to view your landmark photos in is a weird omission

Holy fuck I accidentally the close spoiler tag

I definitely sympathized with Osborn in the end. Everything he did was to genuinely help others, even the Shit he did with Ock in an attempt to apologize and rekindle their friendship.The goblin stiff was hinted at with the grenades and glider in his building.

nothing
its shit
it sucks
its shit

A significant portion of Yea Forums only plays Nintendo games.

i agree with you about bosses , but how would you have done it

>Web swinging was great, but needs that run animation for swinging too close to the ground
God this, the weird "ah-ah-ah we'll just skim you a foot of the ground now" thing looks so awkward

Anybody else find the graphics real inconsistent? Like during the afternoon time the game looked amazing but during the day it looked real flat and like a PS3 game at times. Also the web-slinging is shit

Environments were fine imo but the suits lived and died by the lighting.

I liked the cinematic 30fps

>game doesn't try to adhere to MCU too hard and tries to be its own thing
>turns out fine
I hope for the next game they give miles and peter their own separate stories that intertwine or give me some co-op, and give miles some new rouges while they're at it, no more peter's leftovers

Sometimes it is hard to see the bullet trail icons against the environment, especially if it's daytime out.

Who else found the tube puzzles comfy?

Taking a Stand from Winter Soldier is great and so is Bucky's Theme

No. You can get the enemies to shoot at each other, at least

Fuck after playing through Fisk's fight I can say that this "feature" is actually really fucking annoying in a scenario in which every hit does 25% to 50% of your HP. Basically the only way to stay safe is to be in the air.

I did a bunch of optional ones just for fun

WHY IS SPRINT MAPPED TO R2 INSTEAD OF TO X LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE

I literally cannot remember anything aside from the main theme and the Demon theme.

Attached: 479e5440-b9c3-11e8-8630-021a79a98a40.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Because every other button on the controller would have to be remapped for that to work, stupid idea for a game like this anyway

Indeed it was.

Attached: I TRIED TO WARN YOU, PETER.png (750x424, 465K)

I think they assumed you would do the Taskmaster stuff as soon as it was available which is why it feels so easy when you go at it the further you are

Only good game on ps4 besides bloodborne

>otto genuinely cared about peter but his mania and rage started to fuck with him more and more
really sucks because peter's life was on the up, had a well paying job, most of his rouges were locked up and he just put fisk away, majority of the police have his back, and the Norman and his bullshit fucks everything up.

>rouges

>Mechanical webshooters

Fuck this MCU pandering Ironboy shit

fuck disney but raimifags are the worst thing to happen to spider-man, literally tainted forever

Fuck you Disney shill

Mechanical web shooters have been a thing since the first comic, my boy.

Attached: 79e79a90-b8d0-11e8-b233-06f1f9267790.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

Are there any other good spiderman games besides this one, sm-2, and the ps1 version

Fuck off Disney apologist, go play on your shitch.

the game is too short and boring
i beat it in a day and platinumed in 2

It caught the "Only Singleplayer" crowd and the ironic geek crowd both of which own ps4s

So nkw that venom is basically confirmed for the sequel, what other villains do you want in it?
I really just want Carnage or musterio.

Fuck I wish, I'm a TASMfag myself

Attached: spuder.jpg (2063x2334, 1.97M)

>he doesn't know about the end credits scene

Literally how?

>Think about replaying
>Remember all the MJ and Miles sections
Why are these even here? It's like Insomniac didn't want to the player to get too comfortable playing as a straight white male for extended periods of time.

Attached: 1414899078096.gif (800x399, 34K)

Fuck you, Disney apologist.

kraven, mysterio, goblin, venom. bring back some of the sinister 6 from the first game as side villains

>Mechanical webshooters
>Thinking the MCU invented them
Fuck off retard

>>Think about replaying
>>Remember all the MJ and Miles sections
God I know this feeling. I keep remembering the fun Sinister Six stuff and try to replay but every time I just hit a stealth mission and burn out.

Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time.

How did they know that Martin Li was a terrorist again?

>web of shadows
spidermans voice acting in that game kills me and i cant take it seriously with the nonsensical shit that happens in it. combat is godly though
>shattered dimensions/edge of time
meh dont care about the linear shit

>"Spider-Man had poor writi-"

Not only did it have a great iteration of Otto, this iteration of Peter Parker blows all three Sony Peter Parkers out the water.

Peter snuck into his office and found the evidence

If you've already played it those sections take like 2 minutes to get through

Peter saw him at the awards ceremony and then found all of his demon shit in his office.

Spider-Man invented web shooters in Amazing Fantasy 15 you cum guzzling Yea Forums retard.

Nigger they're all so heavily scripted that your first time through is barely going to be any different than your 100th time.

>Otto
I liked it.
>Peter
Generic. All the movie Parkers sucked ass as Peter Parker though (and I say this having liked most of those movies).

The rest of the writing was trite, come on. And I mean the writing itself, not the missions so don't get them confused.

>peter being generic
thats literally what he is. a generic guy who becomes spider-man. and if u say this spider-man was generic, then u have shit taste

Pros:
>Web-slinging
>All of the graphics except for the people
>Combat
>This version of Peter
>NG+
>Boss fights
>Suits

Cons:
>Stealth segments with MJ and Miles
>Writing
>Side missions
>Most of the cool combat being locked away for 90% of the game
>Sable

>peter parker is generic
>but if you say peter parker is generic you have shit taste
???????????????????????????

I'll give you the lab music but everything else was pretty forgettable. It succeeds in making you feel heroic at the moment but I sure don't remember a lot of it.

It really is an over hyped piece of shit.
The combat was alright, the webslinging was really fun, the game starts off great. But then you start to realize it's literally the same thing over and over and over and over again. Is when you notice this game is full of padding. The Task Master shit felt like a chore, infiltrating the bases became boring and unfun due to the pure fact that you do the same thing constantly. The story was not bad but it wasn't good either. If you want to cure insomnia pop in Spider-Man on PS4.

The stealth missions definitely sucked, but they weren't THAT awful. Honestly though, the worst stealth mission was probably the one in Norman's penthouse.

I'd still like to replay the game because I haven't played both of the DLC. Plus I'd like to experience the game with Raimi's suit.

What? The first time I messed up a few times and they were still easy. The second time they were all much faster to get through. You must be retarded

Guys,

what about the writing sucked? I'm not gonna suck the writer's dicks in some kind of blowbang, but would you rather have people that don't understand Spider-Man lore at all?

fuck, I need to replay that part again because I got the impression that they immediately knew Li was a bad guy after the bombing

youtu.be/3Ln2yCqEq30
This one is the fucking best

I absolutely hate this game's MJ

peter and spider-man have separate personalities obviously

everything

Bro I'm putting this in spoilers so other anons don't see these so you aren't embarrassed. This should be standard knowledge if you're on Yea Forums user, so let me lay it all out for you:
Women and black people=bad writing

This game made me laugh like no other game for some reason.
Right after the early Shocker chase I went to check the Social Media stuff and saw a post that said "wtf Shocker rekt my car"

The non-superhero pov can be hilarious sometimes

story is refreshing and well grounded, develops characters well and has me actually excited about a sequel,
boss fights and combat are incredibly shallow.
post game is a joke.

swinging is good, yet autocorrection buggery is garbage and the ceiling for speed is too low thanks to the limited power of the PS4 loading in NYC.
When I dive, I want to go faster.
When I swing for a while, I want to be goin faster.
I want to jump as high as a skyscraper.
I want to do Spiderman 1 style slingshots past multiple blocks.

>women
Alright, I'll give you that.
>black people
In this game? I didn't pick up on anything that could possibly be offensive, or indicate that the writer's don't know how to properly write someone who's black.

>Black character
>Loses his dad
What the FUCK did they mean by this?

Is this 4k? I don't have a pro and I want the game to look this fucking nice.

"Sending someone to Europe for treatment" should become a codephrase for making someone disappear.

The upgrade where you just get a free kill on people using guns trivialized the already simpleton combat.

The main theme is generic garbage.

They really could have done better than bootleg Spiderman theme knock off by simply doing anything new.

my roommate just refers to her as "Hag ass"

hey autism, he was being sarcastic.

its better than most of the generic epic orchestra in every other spider-man or marvel movie.

I mean it sounds like superhero stuff and that's good enough

Christ, are you okay man?
Spiderman 2 = best Spiderman film

waiting for the PC version

It's not better, it actually sums up perfectly what "generic epic orchestra" is.
And therefore, no. although it works, it's not good enough.

Guess y'all settle for mediocrity before running around praising shit, but I won't settle for anything other than something fresh and original.

explain how its not "good enough"

>hold square
>square+square+square+square
>triangle
>circle
>hold square again
>square+square+square+square
>circle
>triangle
>hold square
>circle
oh man riveting combat

I think I'm too dumb to understand how to dodge during the car chases. I get hit EVERY TIME.

Story
That's it

Infinity war and Endgame scores are both kino

oh wow, you press buttons in combination in video games for shit to happen. HOW DID YOU KNOW user. no other game must let you do it.

I don't bother dodging during car chases because it completely spoils your forward momentum. I have enough HP to tank the bullets until I get close to the car. I don't get why they didn't implement some kind of flippy air dodge move that lets you keep moving forward as you evade a bullet/rocket. I mean, he can do it during cutscenes.

All I'm saying is that the flow of combat that is:

launch man into air -> beat on him -> dodge any bullets that come your way, if necessary -> find new guy -> repeat

is very repetitive.

tilt the stick to either right or left while you dodge and you should maintain all the momentum. its one of my most used moves during traversal

>grew up with spider-man comics
>Played all the games from Spiderman 1-2 for PSX and later Spiderman 2 for PC, Spiderman 3 for 360, and spiderman ultimate for the GC
>Always thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the slinging
>This is announced, get hype as fuck
>Get the game
>get bored within a few hours

I think it's me. Everybody is fucking raving over this game, but I just can't get over how boring it is. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Best girl

Attached: 1536698367032.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

or you can launch man into air, web him up, and swing kick him into a wall ->ground pound from the air to stun enemies, web one up and swing him around to do group damage OR dodge under one enemy into a wall to do a off the wall attack and disperse a group. be imaginative and it wont be repetitive

its okay to have shit taste

oh I'm too early into the campaign to have unlocked all those moves yet

People ITT don't remember how it goes.
It sounds like every other generic super hero theme.
It sounds specifically like a lot of other Spiderman themes, just not as creative having been the most recent of them.
To expand on the previous points from a theory position, with an entire orchestra to work with, they somehow use all of the instrumentation familiar with Danny Elfman's Spiderman score, and the type of generic super hero motifs found in Danny Elfman's batman and the MCU music.

Had they done literally anything new with texture, melody and arrangement, rather than rely on the spiraling, spidery violin arpeggios and large leap chord change motif,
I wouldn't be typing as much.
Even if it was something new, but didn't work and wasn't as good, I would respect it more.

All valid criticisms for discerning what's not "good enough" to most people with standards.

Don't bother replying. I'm out.

you'll still primarily use air launch and square 90% of the time

100%'d the game.

It's almost entirely press square. very shallow
I feel as tho the old Spiderman games for their time had more combos than this one did..

git gud

Nothing really. Super average game.
Pros
>Story is pretty decent and entertaining
>Lots of suits
>New York is pretty great
Cons
>Swinging falls just short of being truly great
>Horrendous MJ sections feels completely shoehorned
>Stealth segments as Spider-Man are extremely shallow and extremely easy
>Miles segments are pretty bad as well and feels completely shoehorned in
>Side-activities are nothing outstanding and quite average
>Boss fights range from being garbage to being mediocre at best
>Combat is fairly decent and has potential if expanded upon in the sequel

prove it

>It's a MJ/Miles section

Attached: 1539018063767.jpg (409x189, 30K)

Those dumb wall attacks keep fucking me up because the game keeps sticking me to walls when I don't mean to do the combo so now I'm unexpectedly stuck to a wall when I don't want to be an now take huge damage.

dont dodge into a wall u fuckin retard

>liNeAr bAD
Sure buddy.

Fuck off, I would appreciate not having to put up with this bullshit in the first place because the wall attack is gimmicky as fuck to start with and I don't want to have to keep track of "oh is the game going to automatically try and start a combo that I don't want it to do because I accidentally trigger some environmental cue that can't be disabled." Bitch.

The game has Bamham combat, and bamham had horrible boss fights soooo.......

I really enjoyed the changes to the city throughout the game.

If liking the movie is not enough, I'll just look like a contrarian citing what a I like about it as it seems to be the reasons people dislike it. It's funny though how many don't like it purely for brand loyalty and bandwagoning, it's either Raimi or Disney, I bet a large portion of them didn't even seen it.

Meh it's not the first time, it happens a lot with media for me, while it was fun seeing you guys fight each other it got stale now.
You see it doesn't really matter which movie is better (it's Spiderverse), it's just that this very specific iteration (for specific reasons) got a really vocal following, which is not bad in itself but it kinda drives and limit the future of Spider-Man.
I blame 11/9

Attached: eeBzpj0.gif (256x192, 1.91M)

Git gud

gitting gud to compensate for bad design doesn't mean that the design isn't bad

>hurr lemme voluntarily position myself play near a wall and dodge into it like a retard and call it bad design.
Off the wall attack is not only a useful attack to disperse crowds, it looks sexy as hell too. You have to be a massive brainlet or something

The only good exclusive PS4 game. Everything else is shite.

Off the wall attack is made completely irrelevant by shit like web bomb and sonic blast, so no it's not all that useful. And having to restrict my own movements in combat specifically to avoid a mechanic that I'll never use in the first place IS shit design. Fuck you.

>restricting my movements
Literally dont position urself near a wall and dodge into it u fucktard lmao. Do u want the game to control ur positioning? Also having multiple ways to deal with crowds is somehow a bad thing. Dont bother replying bro ur a fuckin autist

>press triangle to web zip
>game sends me right into a guy with a baton
>blocks attack and prepares to swing
nasty fucking surprise every time it happens

Why can't Spider-Man use like 0.01% more of his strength to take out these annoying gorilla men like he does all the normal guys?

Yeah there's a problem I didn't have as Batman because he can only travel so far to punch a guy. Spidey sometimes decides to web zip to a guy I didn't even know existed.

>Yeah there's a problem I didn't have as Batman because he can only travel so far to punch a guy
are you kidding? Batman can fucking travel 100 meters to hit a guy, it's ridiculous.

it's the pros "4k". basically super sampling or whatever the term is

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190616173921.jpg (1920x1080, 436K)

Act I was dragging too much
Act II was dragging too much the only good things were Otto becoming assmad,Raft's segment and Demon's 9/11
Act III was pretty good but it was short as fuck and had one of the worst boss fights in the series, I dont know why do they think villains double teaming you was a good idea instead of a proper boss fight

Cancel the web zip.

>see group of enemies
>there are two brutes in their midst
Fuck I hate fighting these stupid fucking brute enemies so fucking much. They're literally invincible unless you waste all your web shooters to stun them, and then you can't even lob them into the air, you are forced to stick to the ground and beat on them as every other guy in the encounter begins surrounding you and aiming their guns. And if you try taking the other goons out first they're just going to charge you down.

Maybe this gets better in later parts of the game when you get better gadgets but god fucking damn a lot of the random encounters you find early on are super fucking annoying. I swear to god the designers of this game are deliberately going out of their way to make up enemies that aren't fun to fight.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181106200434.jpg (1080x1920, 262K)

Sometimes it's really hard to tell that the guy has a baton. If the NPC is wearing a dark jacket and is using a crowbar instead of a stun stick or one of those sable sticks it's hard to tell at a distance if he's got a weapon in his hands.

Idk man vulture and electro fight was fuckin amazing and straight out of a movie/comic book. Doc ock fight was amaZing too

You know you can stick brutes to a wall or any other static object with the web shooter, right? Get close to one of those objectes, dodge the brute and spam R1, done.

If you're fast enough you can tell its a baton enemy and slide under him. Mostly fucked up though

You know what, I think you're right. That shit is slowly coming back to me.

You can also hold triangle when close to throw a brute off the roof or stick him in the wall. Its p neato

I want my Spidey/Venom bro-op head busting adventure, dammit. So fuck you. Hopefully the symbiote on Harry isn't Eddies and is a separate one so we can have Eddie Venom/Anti-Venom helping to stop crazed super symbiote Harry.

And hope that the brute isn't also flanked by some of his friends, because if he is then you're going to get smacked or shot before you can get off all those R1s to take him down, thus necessitating a dodge and then requiring you to try all over again. God I fucking hate brutes. At least with the cunts who have whips and shit you can deal with them by throwing shit at them, or by yanking their shields out of their arms. Insomniac really needs to dial it back in the sequel with enemies that are just fucking unfun.

The open world is good, the story is good, the detail in the game is also good. Gameplay-wise it's very solid.

gross

Bloodborne is great.

who are you talking about? I commented once, I didn't fight with anyone. What's there to argue when Spiderman 2 is the best.

no

To people who meme about ps4 having only two games- Bloodborne and Persona 5, should I try Spider-Man? I liked SM2 when I was a kid, and that's pretty much all I know about the character and this cape shit.

Yes.

Attached: 1540043923131.jpg (1350x1600, 284K)

I got bored of it when Octo goes batshit and the city goes to hell, I enjoyed what I played but it got too repetitive and shallow.

Christ, are YOU okay man?

Attached: 1465584.jpg (617x462, 100K)

what did he mean by this?

You know that's one of the ways Spider-man planned to take down Hulk if he ever had to, in one of the mid 2000s comics, I think. He said he would throw a web capsule into his lungs and let it burst, suffocating and killing him.

Do you like the Arkham games or the older Assassin's Creed games? If yes then pick this up since it's a clone of them

Doesn't Hulk have invincibility powers and shit that would let him survive that, though?

>hold right
>A sometimes
>Hold B to run
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, this is what Nintenkiddies call gameplay???

Attached: file.png (256x224, 5K)

Spider-Man plays literally nothing like the Arkham games. If you play Spider-Man like you're playing Bamham then you are going to die. Fast.

I'm a raimifag myself, but this post is actually retarded.

I suspect I would have liked it more if I hadn't played Spiderman 2 and known exactly what sublimely perfect webswinging actually feels like. I think the webswinging is the reason most people would like to play as Spiderman and, well, after that nothing else feels nearly as good. You don't conserve momentum from a jump to a swing and that ruins it fo rme.

Plus Spiderman was an autistic, unfunny piece of shit in a really extreme way. His fucking skits while he's on the telephone are brutal.

Has hulk ever survived underwater or in space for extended periods? If so, at best it would slow him down, but it was what Parker said in-canon.

>Spider-Man plays literally nothing like the Arkham games.
You fucking retard.

>hates that Spider-man acts like Spider-man

this game isn't for you

It had soul

I only disliked stealth segments, music (it gets repetitive) and those parts where you just have to wait or do some side missions for the story to pick up eventually

What the fuck does this even mean?

if i make rent this month, we'll all be okay user

Attached: 1505511403386.jpg (500x414, 25K)

>comparing monster-ock with doc ock

completely different characters

I don't like any of those games, but since I already have a ps4, I might as well finally buy this game. If I don't like it, I can just sell it anyway

I can't believe there's anyone fanboyish enough to defend that godawful shit. I've played plenty of Spiderman games shithead, I know he's quippy, but in this one it's legit like he has aspergers. I guess you have aspergers too and that's why you think it's cool, but please believe me when I say that I would not even argue and just shove your head in the fucking toilet if you defended this shit to me IRL, that's how bad it was.

>imagine having this shit taste
His quips are shit in every spiderman except for this one

The boss fights are fucking garbage

>enemy attacks
>dodge until he gets tired
>attack
>Rinse and repeat for 2 to 5 mins

Who thought that was okay

Attached: A43B48A9-872E-4821-8326-00126582DEBB.jpg (784x784, 48K)

Oh my god.

To add I would’ve been fine with this if it was just a few bosses but quite literally every fight is like this

Go ahead my dude, try fighting encounters in Spider-Man by alternating between square and triangle like you're playing Batman. It's not going to work out.

You can't just say there are actual problems with the game and among them list something like "I didn't like how one of the minigames involves explorational sightseeing through taking photos of specifically crafted landmarks around the city in a game where one of the main draws is urban exploration as spiderman, who previously worked as a photographer" because it makes your entire post look like retard babble

>a generic guy who becomes spider-man
...But Peter wasn't generic at all, especially by today's standards. An orphan raised in a nuclear, loving family with a strong male father figure and a doting mother figure. Intellectually gifted and a social outcast with a high acumen for science and a prodigious bent for making gadgets who then goes on to invent something no one else ever thought of... to star on TV. Who then becomes a wrestler, who then plays a part in the death of the aforementioned father figure before he becomes something no one would have the balls or gumption to become: a hero at grievous cost to himself.

How in the fuck is THAT generic?

Attached: 27d63f2ff6eb62e9068ed10e9db2e5a1.jpg (736x2033, 219K)

>Start releasing the suits I wanted months after I already 100%ed and got tired of the game
hopefully they put them im the sequel too

Attached: ff.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

Remember how fucking hot Black Cat was in Spiderman 2? She's a transexual in this one. It's such a shame.

Literally a PMSing cunt.

Spider-man 2 came out before the Arkham games, and it had the same dodge/attack button combo. Arkham has a counter.

Godspeed my dude. Remember, no wasting it on hooch and whores, take care of yourself and be careful.

Not rhino and scorpion. Also for mister negative 2 and tombstone, you could attack them without having to wait for them to tire out and you could also use vulture’s attacks to hurt electro. Idk i kinda liked the bosses desu

God those eyes look awful.

Get fucked

Attached: Shhh....jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

Have sex

Hey, Maximum Spider style on that prostate.

God you two fanboys are a couple of fucking morons. Have either of you idiots actually PLAYED Spiderman 2?

>amazing
Suit quality
>good
Web swinging
>Mediocre
Combat being one button same animation that completely depends on the player to fuck around and use every tool necessary to make the fighting a but more enjoyable instead of just mashing square to kill everyone in 3 hits by end game
>bad
Also web swinging. Animations starting before web is out, web clipping through buildings, if you dive too low too quick and swing you go flat horizontal for a bit despite obviously swinging to late and hitting the floor, can't swing as fast as you really should be able to because of streaming issues, can't to double arm swings
I really still like the game but the 2nd one has a solid framework they just need to build on by adding another combat button and more animations

Well maybe thats because dmc is overrated

I can't, this Spiderman's Black Cat gave me impotence.

Why don't you cry about it, Devil?

Attached: maxresdefault (17).jpg (1280x720, 108K)

I love this game but the DLC is so shit

Attached: 3465.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

>Spider-sense goes off
>circle - dodge
>circle+square - dodge counter
It's a literal dodge counter that inspired Arkham, I don't see what you're on about. In this game you do just that. Not press circle to full n counter, like in ASM2.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190709015316.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

Literally don't even remember the game anymore. It was fun I guess but bland as shit. Needed a better villain with a better plan.

thank you
friends are being kind with beer gifts, and luckily my gf is sending me care packages / love from a far
i just need this callback from a job... i'll be alright

Crazy how expensive it is too. I wanted some of the costumes but fuck paying any amount for them.

so now that they foreshadow nigrales's bite what do you think it's gonna be his role in spiderman 2

the stealth missions, pulling a RDR ending?

>foreshadow his bite
we're way past that

I got it during the days of play sale last month. Worth $30, but it'll likely get a complete edition soon for that price. Wonder what the boxart will look like.

Man, the war movie camera setting goes so well with the LSS suit.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190707210159.jpg (1920x1080, 83K)

I hate all of the special enemy types in this game, with the exception of riot shields

Brutes are annoying as fuck because they just sit their like a big invincible hunk of HP that hits like a truck and can't be air combod.
Stun stick are annoying as fuck because they have a habit of lurking in the middle of enemy mobs, hiding their weapons, as a nice surprise for when you accidentally attack them head-on
Whip guys are irritating but at least there's usually no shortage of things to throw at them
Fuck sword faggots for being completely invincible to fucking everything unless you play their stupid fucking matador minigame
Flying Sable grunts can go fuck themselves with their own jetpacks, their goddamn fucking ambushes are so irritating
And most importantly of all, FUCK MINIGUNNER ENEMIES

Why the fuck is it that Insomniac approaches all their enemy design from the perspective of "how can we make this guy's gimmick be as insufferable as possible??"

You. I like you.

>responding to some random internet fucko several hours later to go ner ner ner someone agrees with me

Attached: 1545995311236.jpg (687x1000, 381K)

I'm sorry Blade please forgive me. I don't look at timestamps like a retard and just wanted to be a part of the conversation in this comfy thread about a game I like.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190614131223.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

Not the music that's for sure. Boring orchestra is boring. Sure have a slow emotional song when it's appropriate and orchestra can be done well. It's just that a lot of superhero shit gets samey since they're trying to sound epic, but end up being generic.

Spider-Man soundtracks should be punchy and hype.
youtube.com/watch?v=P-1X_Jwj8EE
youtube.com/watch?v=_AbCOhvaLLM
youtube.com/watch?v=EmQ7SRLoOyw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mv8mCyF2_h8

Attached: 9176d9b4cc30257a4ec09de5c0564c3c.jpg (563x649, 64K)

Imagine being this much of a crybaby. Just imagine

>noooooooo you aren't allowed to be dissatisfied with this product!

it's a counter if you perfect dodge though
not one that does damage, sure, but it's not just a dodge
regardless of that there are a million other similarities with the batman games

Imagine liking games that force you to play a specific way instead of letting you experiment. Just imagine liking gimmick enemies.

The game in general, it was really solid. The threads for it have always been complete dogshit, though.

>Imagine liking games that force you to play a specific way instead of letting you experiment.
But the games DOES let you experiment with multiple ways to defeat your enemies and keeps giving you new gadgets and powers.

I was replaying this mission, and it made me realize that JJJ is right he literally caused everything that went wrong. He could have just let them get away by helicopter, but instead he caused hundreds of millions of dollars in property damage, and then just presumably swung away afterwards all just to get his hands on a demon mask.

Attached: ZanyHarmlessDartfrog-mobile.jpg (640x360, 26K)

And then saved the city, so you know, swings and roundabouts

I'd agree on all counts save for the fucking minigunners. Only way to take them down (reliably) is by finisher. Otherwise you're gonna have to electrocute them or drop a scaffold on them, and that takes a really long time.

Yeah a bunch of gadgets that bring the combat to a grinding halt because they make combat a cakewalk. The combat isn't very fun.

Adulthood is knowing Spider-man is the criminal vigilante that is constantly bullying and belittling everyone with his quips

Yeah and every time one of the brutes/swords/whips/jetpacks/etc. come on the field you'd better spam the fuck out of those gadgets otherwise they completely murder the flow of combat, because not only are their gimmicks centered around being largely invincible except under specific circumstances, they ALSO are all insanely aggressive and force you to deal with them immediately. And not only force you to deal with them immediately, but deal with them immediately through ground combat as opposed to air combat, which just begs all the half dozen normalfag enemies to gang the fuck up on you while you're busy trying to punch Biggie Smalls to death after triggering his gimmick vulnerability. Since Spider-Man is so insanely vulnerable to getting ganged up on in this game, hence the importance of the air combat that these retarded special enemy types mandate you forfeit to deal with them at the onset of the fight prior to having a chance to clear the field a bit.

Unless, of course, you just spam the gadget combo that instakills them. Which is in itself another gimmick, and it's not really fixing anything because it's just a statement that the best way to fight these bastards is to just skip the fight entirely.

FUCK THE SPECIAL ENEMY TYPES IN INSOMNIAC'S SPIDER-MAN

Honestly brings the combat down from an A- to a C+.

>just let them be corrupt and suck the city dry of its resources lmao they will get what they deserve!
>they never get what they deserve and die a peaceful death at age 90
Deterrence. Behead criminals at all cost and we'll see if anyone else joins. Batman's biggest weakness is that he doesn't kill so everyone will step in knowing that it'll just be a few broken bones and 3 days at arkham tops before they're out again

You could, you know, just track the helicopter as they get away and then arrest them as soon as it lands. Which is what cops irl do whenever criminals think they can make a getaway by plane or helicopter. The reason why the cops do this is because it's a lot safer, constent and less risky for everyone involved.

>bullying and belittling everyone with his quips
I wish. Spiderman's dialogue these days is usually some variant of
>wow so cool
>small talk/observations
>self deprecation/awkwardness
Real mockery would be nice to see.

peter deserved better in the game

MJ was a very abusive bitch that constantly manipulated him and he obey her just trying to save their shitty relationship

hope stacy comes and cucks hard mary jane in the sequel

Attached: 0 zJd-2ZRGtI6vv8Ir.jpg (1236x694, 207K)

He's a SPIDER. That's a villain animal. All you need to know. At least Joker is a funny clown for children to be happy.

Attached: 0960708dbfe2017005b1c0e89e17307d.jpg (1600x1000, 160K)

>posting MexiGwen
>using a picture that doesn't show off her best feature
Also yeah spiderman really could do better.

Attached: laprensaspiderman.jpg (400x607, 52K)

1.git gud
2.there are several different ways to defeat enemy types. The game isnt dictating anything. Fuck around with different shit and u will see what I mean. Do u want to just fight normal unarmed mooks the whole time.

No I haven't played Spider-Man 2. Why don't you enlighten us on how it didn't have the spider-sense mechanic in a similar fashion to Spider-man ps4?

There is nothing wrong with spiders. Spiders eat pests.

why hasnt one eaten you then?

i agree.

Attached: 1561574396441.jpg (638x640, 99K)

How good is the dlc

because when you pressed the dodge button in Spider-Man 2, you actually avoided the attack without flying into another enemy's attack.

Attached: 73887786433.jpg (1369x1183, 338K)

You are supposed to press X after dodge for a better dodge

Is there anyone who liked th mj or miles parts?

Attached: imagev1b4fd1af7e795b465c3504be369a79ea6-ttslvno5b3757c52es2_ct834x465.jpg (834x464, 36K)

Decent new story, good bosses, several new enemy types, mediocre but optional side content.

The person at Insomniac who thought the game needed to be more boring. It was a stupid gimmick that shouldn't have been added.

good gimmick enemy: jetpack shield men from the DLC
bad gimmick enemies: demon samurai and brutes

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181119001142.jpg (1920x1080, 479K)

Am I the only one that thought for a “uber cinematic sony game”, there were barely any set pieces? The only two big ones were already shown in E3 demos

Maybe demon samurai but but brutes are easy, press r1 to web up 2-3 times, get near them and hold triangle to toss them onto a wall nearby and stick them. I cant believe people have issues with the brute.

I did because when you finish one of those segments, playing as spider-man again feels even better than before.
Those parts were short and easy as fuck, also I really liked the one at the train station and the one where Miles escapes from Rhino, the others were meh but not annoying enough to make me hate them.

My favorite combat moment is when you press triangle and accidentally snag a brute, who yanks the thread and staggers you, and a few guys take that precise opportunity to punch the fuck out of you while you're still staggered.

Because spamming R1 for the 6-7 times necessary to web them up, then walk over to them, then hold triangle, is more then enough time for the crowd of faggots who are ALWAYS surrounding the brute to fuck you up. That, or make you break the combo to dodge their attacks. Especially if it's one of those stupid fucking random encounters that take place on the world's smallest fucking rooftop so you have exactly 0 room to kite people. These enemy designs may work fine in a 1v1 but in the context of placing this faggot in the middle of a crowd of 10 other guys it just becomes annoying.

First mission was a setpiece, then you have the big ass truck, the fight in the train with Mr Negative and the final fight with Octopus.
I totally expected them to have pulled an Uncharted 4 and already spoiled everything but I was gladly surprised the game had much more to offer. They shouldn't have shown the prison break sequence at E3, that was too cool to spoil but I guess that helps selling the game.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20180912230316.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

>dude with rocket launcher stands like 5 feet away from you
>shoots
MOTHERFUCKER

spidey could dodge that

I bought it day one and hated it. Thought it was boring as fuck. But I loved all 4 Arkham Batman games. Explain why I didn't like Spider-Man despite loving the Arkham games.

Spider-Man moves 200% slower than Batman and relies on air combat + gadget spam to stay alive in a fight.

U dont need to web 2-3 times nor walk upto them because they usually home in on you anyways. I have never had any issue with brutes or any other enemies, but then again i played a lot of harder action games like dmc, ninja gaiden, sekiro etc

Sekiro's only difficulty comes from memorizing a litany of proper parry timings. It's the most gimmicky of all gimmick systems.

why i love ultimate spidey

Attached: 3ed.jpg (736x2752, 565K)

>because they usually home in on you anyways.
Yeah, while you're busy fighting other people, you smug fucking faggot. Yes you can definitely drop everything you're doing, kite the brute until he's all alone and also next to a wall, then apply the meme combo, but it's just not fun. It's tedious bullshit. Not a fun encounter. Not a well designed enemy.

can you use gadgets quickly like in arkham games or do i have to bring up the gadget wheel everytime i wanna switch in combat?

Here it's really lovable, in the movies it's unbearable. Quips can not be adapted properly.

there are different parry timing for each other and all the bosses have many attacks with different times so its fun as fuckin shit, piecing together the timings for each bosses and finally learning how to defeat them effortlessly. Its a masterpiece.

Just git gud bruh lmao

fatphobia. why do you hate fat people? you must secretly be fat inside.

i think double tapping R1 or something quick switches gadgets

Not an argument.

story, which has the greatest and most cathartic fuck you to OMD
swinging which makes you Feel™ Like™ Spider-Man™
fightan felt nice, fast and responsive, has puddle level depth but it's fun to become OP as fuck and destroy 20 thugs with 2 gadget uses
elder god tier animations which make me rock hard

next game maybe tone down the Ubisoft open world checklist and make a better NY with more fleshed out sidequests, more involved content.

Attached: 1560747466806 (1).jpg (789x597, 26K)

Why does PS4 Spider-Man feel so weak compared to Batman in the Arkham games?

It's okay. The web slinging being so meditative is probably the best thing about it. But it gets repetitive real fast with the same stealth and fighting scenarios over and over with nowhere near enough depth or real challenge to keep it interesting. If you can get it on a deep sale then it's not half bad. Skip the DLCs though, they make the simplified mechanics overstay their welcome more than they already do.

batman is a brute and spider man is a ballerina that weighs 130lbs

The controls are so fucking shit in this game. Yeah they work when snapping to enemies in combat or while swinging in a general direction, but try and do anything small and it instantly shits itself.

isnt that your web shooters?

I wouldn't have minded it if it was just one or two. The first one with MJ is alright, but it got old really quick.

oh yeah maybe it's L1, i haven't played in a while but I remember those screwball missions made you quick switch gadgets so I know it's possible

cool thanks. im not playing right now, but i only just recently bought the game and dont remember if the game mentioned it was something that could be done

He attacks way slower than Batman does in his games, he doesn't hit nearly as hard, he has no ability to dodge/counter multiple attacks at once like Batman does, he doesn't have nearly as many options in the stealth sections as Batman does, he doesn't have any direct way to just punch down big men like Batman does with his flurry rush attack, and getting his sends Spidey flying more often then not whereas Batman tends to just stagger.

They successfully ripped off everything from mechanics to UI design from every AAA game dating back to and including the first Bioshock.

How much does Batman weigh?

yeah i think it only tells you about it during those side missions, i remember playing them late game and being like "huh, i never knew you could do this"

Everybody like spiderman

Better argument than you masking ur inability to be good at the game and blaming design.

I prefer Batman.

Do we think this particular Spider-Man is in the same universe as the Square Enix avengers game?

Being able to complete a lame fight doesn't make the fight any less lame, retard. The optimal strategy for dealing with these cunts being
>stop the fight and run away until the AI manages to separate itself from its friends so you're safe to attack
Is bad design. I'm sorry that your favorite game isn't perfect but people criticizing shit enemy design does not mean they're bad at the game. It means the enemy design is shit. You are stupid and also fuck you.

Not in my game he couldn't

Holy shit Sable is so annoying. MJ is so annoying.

Sable has a good moment. "MJ" does not.

Her good moment is ruined by her sperging the fuck out in the DLC. God damn everyone in Spider-Man's life is so pointlessly antagonistic, except maybe Miles I guess.

I only played the Black Cat DLC so I wouldn't know.

And Miles turned out to be surprisingly okay. Could have been done better, but if he continues being Pete's adoring little brother in the inevitable sequel, I'll be happy.

Why is the dlc so awful?

Also how the FUCK is it even possible for Silver Sable to be losing her civil war? Is Doctor Doom her opponent or something? Her soldiers have iron man suits and shit.

still like spiderman
everybody like spiderman
the peter tingle

Everyone knows SpideyPS4 is a prequel to SpideyPS1

But I really love Batman. I just love how be beats criminals to within an inch of their life. I get great pleasure from it.

The web slinging, the portrayal of Manhattan, and there were a few scenes in the story that poked fun at contemporary communication between lovers via texts that actually made me laugh.

Why did thy make so many of the villains so old in this game? I only noticed it today when I read all the profiles. Vulture is like 80 or something.

even criminal like spiderman
criminal like spiderman talk
and like spiderman bop
and rip their face off
and spiderman butt
everybody like spiderman

Please don't kill me

im hoping the sequel says that Venom existed and the whole symbiote suit arc happened.

it can be explained in playable flashback scenes that he's telling Miles. That way we can get a young Peter, MJ, and Harry and Aunt May.

MJ jumping from Osborne's balcony was nice

you like spiderman eventually
tonight

Everybody like spiderman
Everybody

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190615021706.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

actually it tells you once at the very start when you get your first gadget so you know you can switch.
its pretty easy to miss and forget but its super important for clearing and acing the hideouts on ultimate

I disagree. It was another "PETER, SAVE ME!" moment after endless "I DON'T NEED YOU TO SAVE ME, PETER!" bullshit.

It was a cool thing to do but that doesn't make it a good moment for the character, if you see what I'm saying.

>stacy
Who cares about Osborne's baby factory?

youre really not supposed to be fighting on the ground though. youre supposed to be bouncing and swinging around most fights.
all of your moves and attacks do more damage in the air.
again the game tells you this like one time at the start and never mentions it again

you can't air attack brutes

youre forgetting the heli chase and the big ass tower crane that you have to web up

id say the halloween costume party fight counts too

no but you can web throw heavy objects at them

I tried that once and it took fucking forever. Sometimes I run out of things to toss. Doesn't help that if there's a cluster of enemies sometimes the game decides to hurl it at someone other than the brute.

>i suck at the game and can only deal with hard enemies a certain way so its bad
Except u can go watch people on youtube clean up these enemies with ease you mouthbreathing fucktard. Its not even hard. U sound like those journos who complain about everything. Im p sure theres a babby mode in the game too. Go play on that and fuck off

I know its you, Bruce.

Attached: batman and spider-man.jpg (602x946, 259K)

Of course you can. Suspension matrix.

>hurp a durr ur just bad
fuck off retard, literally nothing you have ever typed has refuted the core, undeniable truth that all these enemies are designed to break the flow of combat and slow you down. It's boring, it's gimmicky, and it sucks. You are the worst defender of this game I've ever seen, and you type like you're underage. Leave this website until after you turn 18.

Any Gwen but main Gwen is better. Mexi-Gwen is literally built for anal.

suspension matrix doesn't levitate them, it just staggers them. your best hope is fully upgrading your electric webs because that stuns them for long enough to knock them out in one combo, but that's a late-game strategy.

Story was actually pretty good, since MCU writers can at least write better than the spiderman writers of old. Swinging was pretty good. Setting and characters had plenty of soul for being a mass appeal product.

Holy FUCK does this game have shitty combat though. Even Arkham combat let you hit two enemies at once. This game literally locks you to hitting a single target because they wanted the animations to look as good as possible. Next time, let Insomniac make the open world and story and all that shit, but let some other studio handle the combat. Platinum Games maybe.

oh yeah that too
plus eventually you can web throw brutes themselves

Lmao keep seething faggot while ur at it, go watch some good players play the game and apply it to yourself. I’m sure you’d get good eventually. Also i been playing video games since the 90s so I am used to playing challenging games and not cry like a babby when it gets challenging.

not him but i dont know man. did you play the third dlc where like every enemy is basically a brute cause they all have sables armor?

I just want my Venom, ever since Spiderman for the PS1 I loved that character and all of his iterations

to my knowledge you can permanently break sable armor by tossing something at it, and every other guy's got a baton so it's not that big of a deal, given that by the time you do the DLC you should have already completed the main campaign. And by the time you've completed the main campaign and have all your gadgets upgraded you can tank every fight just by spamming gadget combos anyway. Also I didn't really like the DLC. I stopped after the 2nd one because it was like 40 minutes of content + 3 hours of screwball challenges.

Yeah it does. The minigunner fucks start blocking your attacks in midair after like four hits but you can use the matrix on any non-boss enemy.

It'd be satisfying if it actually did something. A putz that large being swung around that hard and fast only to meet a concrete wall spine first? Come on Insomniac.

I'm watching a no-hit walkthrough on ultimate difficulty right now and the guy does the sensible thing and just kills everything with electric webs and impact webs because fuck actually fighting shit in this game.

They need to buff spider-man in the sequel. he feels way too weak

Dlc 2 and 3 have good bosses imo and some fun objective based missions like the one with maggia dons being buried alive by hammerhead goons and you have to make sure the cement machine stays off durinf the fights. Side missions are fuckin trash though.

Aye. Would be nice if the 'Ultimate' or amazing difficulty then would actually make you the 'Ultimate' or amazing Spider-Man. Really tough and capable of taking down every schmoe without a problem.

>It'd be satisfying if it actually did something.
step 1: web from a distance
step 2: hold triangle
step 3: spin 2 win
step 4: everyone who thought they could attack you while you were doing this is now floored
step 5: stick brute to wall

step 5 is tricky because the game automatically wants to toss the guy at another guy instead of at the wall, where you actually want him to go, so steps 1-4 may need to be repeated until success

No hit walkthrough of any game on hardest difficulty would have you doing whatever it takes to win

i dont think i noticed the armor breaking
but yeah the only thing i didnt completely finish is the gold challenges.
electric web was my best friend for a lot of the final fights.
a few of the suit bonuses are perfect for just wrecking everyone but i liked his quips.
crushed it all on ultimate.

Oh also impact webs are fun as fuck and so is electric web so whats the issue? Go watch no hit play throughs of actual hard games like dmc 5 or something. People do the same shit

Any walkthrough on ultimate is essentially a no-hit walkthrough because on ultimate difficulty you die in like 4 hits, and usually you get hit twice at the same time when you do get hit

Oh yeah I know that, what I mean is if it did a good amount of damage. Like I said, a fuck that big hitting a wall or another enemy? Fucking down. But they always get back up. If I'm swinging someone in a cramped space and they're hitting every othing and it's mother, I don't want them getting back up you know?

>if it did something
theres this but i meant it also gets them far enough away from you to handle whats closer

Gadgets aren't really that fun. You use them when you get sick of fighting people and just want the fight to be over.

I mean i guess. Ultimate difficulty in DLCs felt like a clusterfuck and artificial difficulty where you had to cheese sometimes but in base game, it wasnt hard at all and I never had to resort to spamming gadgets.

>good
>web slinging
t. never played SM2

i have fun with them.
i can burn through all of them in a big fight.
suspension matrix + trip mine is a fun combo

Thats totally your opinion brev

Not him but Sm2 was good arguably better in some aspects, but i think nu spiderman is better.

>you use them when your bored of fighting normally

i kinda think this why youre having a hard time during fights

also you need to be manually spinning the camera around a lot to get things exactly where you want them

Early game on Ultimate is annoying as fuck. You've got those robberies with 8+ guys with assault rifles but you don't have the bullet counterkill combo or the "yank guns out of people's hands and throw them at them" combo, there are tons of mugging/b&e encounters with 2+ brutes and you don't have levitation, electric webs, or web bombs to deal with them, you have to hit people like 12 times to knock them out. And every hit does at a minimum 33% of your HP. You have to employ the slowest of slow strats to deal with it all. At least in the DLC you have enough maxed gadgets to power your way through all the bullshit.

zero momentum on rails swinging is not better than sm2's mechanics in any way shape or form

>see random encounter
>use web bomb
>aim at wall
>use concussive blast
>encounter is now over
wow such fun

>really make you feel like spider-man

this is the best costume in the game you cant tell me its not

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181025120051.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

>outs himself as a blatant shitposter who never played the game

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181113164321.png (1920x1080, 2.98M)

appealed to casual capeshit fans

No, I know enough about how to play optimally to use gadgets efficiently. By the time I hit the last arc of the game I only ever bother punching people for long enough to get focus so I can recharge my gadgets. The novelty of KOing people with tripmines and shit kind of wears off, I guess.

>zero momentum swing on rails

that doesnt describe it at all. its not anyone elses fault if youre bad at it

you sound like youre the type to complain about ubitowers but will go in a straight line from quest to quest

I mean you are not compelled to abuse that? Back when you were probably too young, there were cheat codes in games that turned you invincible n did wacky shit. Doesnt mean one was compelled to use them.

>gadgets are fun
>"gadgets trivialize things past the point of fun"
>wooooooooooow you don't have to use the gadgets, you know
idiot

well its certainly up there but for me nothing beats scarlet

Attached: 73A8950D-687C-4DE2-A658-1326AF29B761.jpg (1826x1027, 154K)

Nah it's obvious he's from 2012 and thinks we're talking about ASM1.

He 100% hasn't played the game. I mean yea the swinging is definitely streamlined but its not what he described it as.

I mean if abusing web bombs and concussion blast isnt fun to you, then why the fuck are you using it? Are you that shit at the game that you have to use that mechanic to win fights? Why even bother playing the game if u have to resort to doing non fun shit to win.

I find the clone shit really boring so I'm gonna have to say no.

focus to recharge gadgets? you mean to get finishers to insta ko?

>point out why gadgets trivialize the game
>"wow I guess you're just a scrub who uses them as a crutch, huh??"
do you enjoy being a walking strawman, user?

the insta kos recharge your gadgets

get out

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181028203552.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

I want deep voiced Josh Keaton to voice Kaine.

that one is good too

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181208233025.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

1.you cant use that move on every enemy anyways and have to wait for gadgets to recharge n shit so idk about “trivializing the game”
Now answer my question, if using those specific gadget “trivializes” the game and is non-fun, then why are you using it? Isn’t having fun the point? Plenty of games can be abused or cheesed, but I wouldn’t do it personally if it took away from the fun.

yeah i watched a guy doing a lets play of it and he was like 2/3rds of the way through and he didnt have the spin skill cause he didnt need the xp boost...

yes i was just clarifying

Attached: 3DA21144-7213-4182-8C0B-EF03AE5331EB.jpg (909x399, 333K)

Because as cheesy as the gadgets are, fighting without them feels even worse. It's not bad when it's just thugs with guns and batons but when the faggots with swords or roid rage show up it becomes a pain to deal with, so the only thing for it is to clear the field as rapidly as possible with gadgets so you can focus your attention on the special snowflake faggots with selective invincibility gimmicks.

this is great in the sunny days.
thor and green stealth suit are neat night.

Attached: 98EE9094-6D8D-491B-995D-44EA9538DCE3.jpg (640x360, 260K)

You're an idiot lad.

>dev gives you webbing
>it's not optimal but it delays and eventually stuns important targets
>dev gives you suit powers
>big impact, super long cooldown, limit of one type per fight
>dev gives you impact webbing
>limited use bug even stronger than full bar of webbing and super fast, better use save these for important targets
>dev gives you drones
>they're a distraction and some damage, OK, neat
>dev gives you web bombs
>uh.. well, maybe if I only use them when I see like 5+ guys together asking for it? also they usually get impact webbing KOs for free
>dev gives you web mines
>stealth is already baby mode with teleporting OHKOs, so they're just impact webbing you can set up. Or not, you can use them mid fight too? OK.
>it turns out gadgets recharge really fast naturally because gadgets feed you OHKOs
>get concussive blast which just deletes half of every roof encounter for free
>each of these KOs can feed you gadgets
>suit passives for faster gadget recharges and webbing gives you tons of combo meter
>sleepwalk the game
>"No, you casual, you're being a scrub by most efficiently using the systems you've been given! Just don't use them like a pro!"

You are playing an imaginary version of the game with made up rules. I'm playing the actual game and wondering why the dev handed me such an easy and obvious God Mode when his first steps were well-intentioned. It'd be like if 60% of the way into an Arkham game you got a God Mode option and some retard just told you "If you don't like the Bat-Gun, just don't use it!"

Oh wait, Origins did and was heavily criticized for the Shock Gauntlets letting you easy mode every brawl in the game.

Attached: 1542863588128.jpg (728x546, 49K)

i forgot this was in the game for a bit

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190106151345.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

Shock gauntlets make more sense to me than the electricity gun Batman has in later games. Seems to me that electric gauntlets + shockable batarangs would be way better than the dumb gun he ends up building. In terms of weapon usefulness, that is.

>Peter canonically came inside this

sfm of black cat is about to ramp up

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190106153524.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

are saying that combat is too hard BECAUSE youre overpowered?
or that you dont like using the gadgets cause it makes it less fun for you and that makes the fighting harder and less fun?

Attached: 82FCB11A-DB30-4C4B-9B62-C0E78F1E5F72.png (608x256, 170K)

If this was on PC I would give a shit.

You clearly seem to be not having fun with the game, which is fine so why bother playing? Not even trying to be an asshole.

why is Peter so hardcore about not killing? Is he clinically insane like Batman?

What did you guys think about Watanabe going full Punisher on the DLC?

Did Spider-Man always have an anti killing thing? I thought that was just Batman's thing?

I like the combat up until the designated miniboss enemies show up. And that's what gadget spam is for.

Sequel bait. Very disappointed that the 3rd DLC was about Silver Sable instead of concluding Yuri's fall into villainy. Is there even going to be a sequel?

Nothing has been confirmed, but considering both the main story and the DLC ended with plenty of sequel baits, it'd be stupid of them not to make a sequel. Not to mention the game sold millions. Then again, if it's anything like this one, we won't see it until 2023.

i didnt like that suit. that and the future foundation i thought id like the most but meh.
basically top 3 for me are scarlet spider iron spider (red/gold) and surprisingly the manga one

Personally I thought combat was fine. I liked the first half of the game having me pay attention to what I was doing and I enjoyed gaming the second half with full Webbing = Meter passives. Nothing about the fighting was "too hard." My complaints are that the sloppiness of late game gadgets makes the combat design worse overall.

The first part of my post is that the devs create a pretty good rising power curve. Guns and Brutes are dangerous, webbing lets you control the flow of battle. Battles get more complicated, Impact webbing/Suit powers let you use a controlled resource when you need it.

About halfway into the game the gadgets just bleed together into I Win buttons and it's trivially easy to have a set up to abuse this. It indicates a loss of focus from the developers.

>Just don't use those gadgets then.

That sounds like the logical idea, but there are problems with it. First the devs do not assume you are doing it. "We gave him web bombs, we can have crowds of dude arrive at a time." So immediately the devs and the "honorable" player are going down different paths.

Secondly it is supremely unsatisfying to receive a traditional reward(you beat X boss, you pick up one of his gadgets and reverse engineer it to Your Cool New Upgrade) and then train yourself to not use it. You're effectively blanking a reward for yourself. It's like an anti-Mega Man boss.

Finally even if you execute a perfect honorable no-cheese playthrough it still undermines things somewhat. If you only use Impact Webbing and Drones as an honorable spiderman, you.. only get refills for those! So now you have rapid-fire Impact Webbing. When does it end? That's why it's better for the devs to hard code some limits. Sometimes less is more. And I don't need an absolute limit. I just think around Concussive Blast/Anti-Grav Pod I was thinking "Why do I have four versions of the web bomb?"

is the dlc worth playing? I 100%ed the game when it came out then never bothered to get the dlc after

Yes. There's plenty of content and it's a direct sequel to the main game.

he is not insane like that but he will kill if he had to or if he was extremely mad

youtube.com/watch?v=BZf0eDmuLlU

Attached: 20190113000944.png (1920x1080, 3.6M)

did you know the movie iron spider one has damage on it thats why i dont use it

Also in general I think that Insomniac has a very bizarre design philosophy for their game. They have a solid, fun formula for Spider-Man: webswing around the city when you aren't fighting, be a slippery little fucker who air juggles enemies and moves too fast to respond to when you are fighting. And then they dedicate the rest of the entire game to taking AWAY from this formula, not adding to it. Examples include the forced stealth missions with MJ and Miles, in case you were getting too comfortable being Spider-Man. Most of the "hard" enemies/bosses in the game are centered around forcing you out of the air, which is where Spider-Man is at his weakest and combat feels the worst. Brute enemies and sword enemies both require you to be on the ground to fight them, for example. My favorite bosses in the game was the Electro/Vulture, Doc Ock, and final Li fights because you spend the whole time in the air. Shit like Hammerhead who launches anti-air at you to keep your grounded is just unfun.

I genuinely don't know what the motivation is, here. Are they scared of their own formula? It's a pretty good formula to be honest so I don't know why they dedicated so much time to trying to override it.

The game looks like that on standard PS4 as well.

Attached: 1557887464817.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

i didnt notice cause i hate that suit so much i never wear it. shame cause the eyes look nice
i didnt know they added the two newest ones.
its pretty cool they keep giving new and free suits

Attached: 013D432E-06F0-4AE8-B06B-73EA02CB937C.jpg (600x337, 64K)

Man, I hope this comes to PC down the line. The game looks amazing, and fun, but I doubt it'll justify purchasing a console I'll never use after completing the game.

this isnt reddit faggot you just cant report people you dont like and get them banned.

it looks cool at night

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190702162912.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

ive got the uncharted 4 ps4 and the game looks amazing

Before this thread dies, watch Spiderverse.

i did its good

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20181222161216.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

youtu.be/el4PzCgDUsE

based

Attached: 69324096.gif (480x309, 2.89M)

also a nice looking suit in game.

Attached: 69DA6DFA-6D9B-456B-8EE8-5C03856D4DAF.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

you can hear the remote web bomb stick that guy to the side of the building in the video

its nice that he spins the camera to hide that all the bad guys that go off a rooftop will have a trip mine automatically pull them to a wall.
he just sent him so far that it didnt happen till he was close enough to that lower building

Not reading this bruh

The guy fell like 20 floors though

That fucking whiplash will be enough to kill them. Dropping hundreds of feet per second only to get snagged and slammed against a wall? That skull is emulsified.

My dudes.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190703183830.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

merely unconscious

And never to wake up.

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20190703181811.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)