youtube.com/watch?v=S9mL0PasBkw
youtube.com/watch?v=3GB-xej4GFc
youtube.com/watch?v=360l1Jg5Kko
youtube.com/watch?v=z07WdBYBEe0
youtube.com/watch?v=EGlgSWA9lc4
youtube.com/watch?v=jlBLyfet_jI
youtube.com/watch?v=zDy1DhTAXD4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stay away from it if you don't like dialogue-heavy stuff and talking to all NPCs every time the story advances isn't your thing.
Gameplay is so-so, fights usually boil down to the same thing. At least the battle system has some positional play. Though I found SC on Hard a bit challenging at times (mostly the prologue boss being bullshit if you don't know how to cheese him).
Still need to play the 3rd.

Attached: __estelle_bright_eiyuu_densetsu_and_etc_drawn_by_nishihara_isao__0040e0cf6da79d3792ebdc04f2a37b7b.jp (1528x2046, 200K)

I'm more of an ass man.

Attached: 1562538482019.png (178x250, 16K)

Gonna have to wait a while for that

Attached: 1550296595249.jpg (1478x878, 210K)

I think it's a great game

Attached: tits-title.png (660x330, 24K)

I guess Estelle was late to the puberty party.

comparable to Persona 3 in that the gameplay itself is it's weakest point, with the story and characters holding it in such high regards, though imo not nearly as bad as P3.

someone post the Rean greentext

Wish I could impregnate Laura and not take responsibility

Greatest love story ever told

Attached: 1480005444948.jpg (626x593, 326K)

It has some rough edges but it has an interesting setting that only gets ruined by the sequels.
Just like Mass Effect 1.

Attached: 007_1.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

>Joshua was forced to wait 5 years before Estelle finally realised her own feelings towards him

Attached: 1544570575766.jpg (680x1450, 826K)

this but with Renne

Attached: 1546840130334.jpg (1400x1000, 187K)

The difference is that the Sky trilogy is complete and satisfying on its own. Everything you need to know from other games is that they've managed to find and adopt Renne into their small mass murder family.

Why use P3 as an example? P5 is the ultimate example of terrible writing. Octopath traveler or Kojima games work too.

Light Novel tier plot, Zero was a mistake since it was the start of the harem bullshit with Lloyd and killing thousands is okay as long as you are friend of the protagonists. You don't even need to say sorry, isn't that great!

boring

Flat is better.
Flat>tits.

Attached: Eiyuu.Densetsu.VI .Sora.no.Kiseki.full.794885.jpg (1024x768, 297K)

based

Attached: 1557765691660.jpg (2100x1400, 219K)

Gameplay-wise it was only serviceable, but the overarching story kept me hooked.

Attached: 091.jpg (1745x1218, 721K)

Attached: 1538788531338.jpg (1560x1560, 125K)

Just imagine the next series entry when Falcom's next protagonist is an isekai'd japanese highschooler instead of the battle harem protagonist Rean Coldsteel.

The only way to salvage this series is to have a female MC in the Calvard arc.

>cute eastern girl who works for Kilika and her CIA

How can one man be so based?

Attached: 1508295714819.jpg (736x263, 44K)

Otome arc incoming

Attached: 1537506554138.png (694x1626, 640K)

Looks like we're getting a duo again, so that's goood.

Automata has a fantastic love story but it's hidden deep inside the game and you won't know its extent until you're done with the whole thing.
Trails are explicidly about love story from the beginning and to the end.

It doesn't need to have a female MC, it needs to just have a canon love story in the focus yet again instead of garbage bonding.
Lloyd was already a severe downgrade from Estelle/Joshua and Kevin/Ries

this guy knows whats up

Attached: ca37250bd643dd9fd5e2e6c79453c410.jpg (888x1120, 1.24M)

Don't you worry, Tita will become a titty monster for Agate.

thankfully we dodged that bullet

Attached: 1551794658540.jpg (1357x1920, 292K)

>you won't know its extent until you're done with the whole thing.
yes and you also need to read a lot of side stuff. But this is merely a casual filter and doesn't make it any worse.

Attached: 1547991025303.jpg (768x1024, 123K)

It's also mostly outsourced to side material

Attached: 1512774625053.png (800x800, 400K)

should i play zero and ao? are they translated and as good as tits?

They're fan-translated, but the translation quality is noticeably lower, especially for Zero.
Play them anyways, unless you'd rather wait for better translations.

complete waste of time unless you love generic shonen animes.

Zero has rather rough and literal fan translation, Ao's is much more edited.
Overall they're peak kiseki

Attached: 1532057847297.png (724x724, 633K)

as long it's readable and makes sense i'm okay with that.

This, it's pure kino if you can slog through 120 hours of slow-as-shit combat. It really makes Rean seducing Estelle in CS4 all the more dramatically impactful, not gonna lie.

I didn't say it's worse, user. Automata and Trails are my two most beloved love stories in games. But Automata is an existentialist story about finding your meaning for living first and foremost while Trails are a coming of age story about a dumb bimbo who wants to hug the edge out of mass murderer.
Not really, the most important parts are in the game. Side materials mostly show how deep the rabbit hole goes.

But can the priests in this setting marry their squires?

Attached: 1543314271323.jpg (1800x1300, 673K)

I really want to enjoy it but the molasses tier pacing with no interesting or engaging story development really turns me off. They tease some interesting stuff here and there but never enough sink your teeth into and keep you hooked. I am sure it gets more serious later on but if the entire first game is just running around in farm fields killing rats I can't handle 50+ hours of that, it feels like I'm playing through filler.

Its time to crash this thread.

Attached: Rean_Schwarzer_-_Bust_(Sen_III).png (800x833, 337K)

POST THE GREENTEXT

haha, thats our rean

its not like marriage is absolute; i'm sure they're content just to be by each others side.

Incredibly good soundtrack and decent story.

Even in the worst of games, Estelle remains awesome.

Attached: Estelle_sen4.png (2826x2000, 3.41M)

Boring as fuck, generic as fuck. The whole game feels like a starting town sidequest. How the fuck they managed to make several books worth of dialogue and not have a single fucking one worth reading \ not cringeworthy is beyond me. Even games like Grandia 1 on the PS1 has better npc dialogue than this overhyped pile of shit.

And don't even get me started on the shitty monster design and battle music.

Attached: ed6_win 2016-03-27 15-43-48-03.jpg (1920x1080, 611K)

>backpedals from using Phoenix Wave
>literally the only one with single target S-craft in Sen 4
just why

Character bloat. That's why.

Because Cassius trained her wrong as a joke.
Not like she needs to be strong in combat since her husband and adopted daughter are ex-Enforcers.

filler franchise

Dialogue is cringeworthy as fuck. Not sure if the original was like this too or it's just the shitty xpenis translation.

Attached: The Legend of Heroes_ Trails in the Sky 19_06_2016 14_12_10.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

The game is written for women, and women only. 1 and 2 are from the perspective of a young teenage girl going through puberty and everything that happens in the story is just background noise while she searches high and low for her boytoy's cock to shatter her hymen. There's an enormous amount of dialog that can be considered "girl talk" where the protagonist and other females discuss her love interest and fawn over him, and the localization turns said love interest into a flawless otome route male.

It's like watching Twilight as a male.

There's a lot you can say about XSEED flavor but they didn't insert sjw bullshit in, it was already there.
On the flip side Falcom does stuff like this and plays it as a joke

Attached: 1532143156585.gif (64x128, 18K)

Vita or PC?

XSEED bloated the script with fanfic and rewrote characters, but that line is in the original and in context with the gender swapped roles in the play.

I think I felt that the game was at the very least translated by women, but what you describe may even be interesting in the right mindset, too bad the whole game and everything that happens in it is so generic, predictable and boring it's just not worth going through. The fact the whole game is composed of generic copypaste villages, green fields and brown caves and literally nothing else just makes it completely mind numbing. Even fucking Grandia had more variety in terms of environments and villages, for fuck's sake.

haha...

>wait for better translations.
Stupid misconception. Zero is being worked on by a third party, but they aren't translating anything. They're editing the existing Zero English script to read more like an XSEED localization. They will do the same to Ao. There's no reason to choose to wait for years and years for them to finish, because they've only reached 80% on Zero after around 30 months of work, and in that time, Ao was fully translated from scratch.

>b-b-but they do it as a joke

Lamest fucking excuse for "it's ok when japan does it".

Attached: 20190526012910_1.jpg (2560x1440, 556K)

It wasn't translated by a woman, but it was edited by one. Jessica Chavez. Also a huge otome and visuel novel fan girl, going by "H Protagonist" on Twitter. All the changes were done by her.

Ries and Kevin were never romantically inclined or hinted at. Play 3rd again

The chest messages are peak SOUL

Last I checked, the 25-30 year old Japanese PC gaming crowd that it was intended for was not dominated by women. Quit spouting bait.

Attached: 1501205176949.gif (512x807, 469K)

I never said that. I'm telling how the games portrays them as.

Attached: 1532277439907.png (1918x1017, 2.96M)

The 3rd I can agree to, but Ao tells slightly more affectionate story desu.

Does anything actually happen in this game? I’m playing FC and just finished Ruan, and I can see the “Joshua was a trained child assassin” plot twist from a mile away. When does the main story finally kick in?

Attached: 7AC1C7DB-3300-47E0-8080-ADBCD7FA0457.jpg (800x452, 68K)

Chest messages are peak XSEED

It's 100% catered to otome game loving girls. There's a reason the following arcs sold more and were better received by the JRPG demographic.

That's the wrong mindset to play FC with.
To answer your question: Last 20 minutes.

Absolutely. Preferably after Trails in the Sky but before Cold Steel.
nblog.org/pc-games/the-legend-of-heroes-zero-no-kiseki-english-patched-pc/
nblog.org/pc-games/the-legend-of-heroes-ao-no-kiseki-english-patched-pc/

Attached: Anelace 1.jpg (640x360, 228K)

I think you're pretty much halfway through.
I never completed the game but got pretty far in, I think the story starts to pick up near the final town (Grancel) but by then I was so fucking bored I don't remember anything and I just stopped caring at that point. Just drop it now and save your precious time doing something else, it just doesn't get good and the others seem to be more of the same generic and boring tripe.

Cold Steel 2 was awful.

JRPGs are all about progression. The characters start of weak, but develop and get stronger throughout the story. The whole point of the timeskip was to have everyone come together, after getting stronger, and beating the antagonists. Typical shonen stuff but it would have been fine to end the story.

What happened is that at the end the antagonists did a "now let me show you my REAL power" and had to be saved by other characters AGAIN. There was no progression. There was no point, other than to extend the story. What a waste of time.

>It's 100% catered to otome game loving girls.
Central romance != otome unless you're gonna claim series like Lunar are in the same boat. Most things in FC are predicated on series traditions since at least White Witch.

FC is half the game. The main story finally kicks in after the final boss. Not even joking. FC feels like a huge prologue.

I have a better advice, ignore Cold Steel and just stop at ao.

You play as men in those games, and you don't chase pussy around primarily like FC/SC. Those games are 100% catered to girls and there's nothing you can do to change that.

>ignore Cold Steel
No.

Attached: Isildur.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

and then he got cucked

>You play as men in those games
???

Attached: 098.jpg (2550x3507, 1.15M)

This moment is worth the 80 hours doing boring sidequests
youtu.be/7rFsSjOlWP8

You don't understand what you're talking about, retard.
Estelle is a shounen protagonist written for male auditory. She shares zero traits with otomeshit leads. Joshua is not an otomeshit love interest, he is the second main character.
Trails are way closer to adventure anime in the same vein as Slayers.

Stay in your /fg/ cuck shed.

Name one good thing about this slow motion trainwreck of a series.

I see you haven't played the game, and especially not the localization. The first game is about Estelle going on a journey and falling in love with Joshua, and the second is her crying about him and chasing him around the world for 50 hours of play time. This is not something that appeals to any straight male content with his gender.

Seeing old characters again.

Attached: Tita.jpg (900x1200, 280K)

It appealed to me.
no homo.

You sound like a massive faggot. I bet you play actual otome games and self insert as the female.

Yeah I can't wait to see Estelle get dicked by Rean in CS4. Amazing stuff.

Keep your massive insecutiries in the closet you autist

Keep playing otome while you cry about how Cold Steel doesn't cater to you.

Damn, agate is tapping that?

You haven't played neither kiseki, nor have you ever seen a single otomeshit game you LN eating self inserting faggot.

Played a bit of the first part on vita and it's a bit slow for my tastes. Ironically, I went back and tried playing the PSP games and loved them. I guess I just liked the world more.

Is that CS4 Estelle? Still just on 2, waiting on 3, heard she doesn't show up before 4. Playing Sky SC now, though. Gotta say, she's alright.

I always wondered about this. Is it a case of "LOL I GUESS I ALWAYS LOVED HIM" or is it a genuine "huh, I just fell for him lol, what's up with that" thing?

You're the one playing games with female main characters who chase after incest cock and cry about it when they can't have it immediately. Keep that in mind the next game you replay those games. The editing was done by a massive otomeslut and Estelle and Joshua were rewritten to reflect her taste. Live with it, because that's just reality.

>playing CS before TitS

>who chase after incest cock
I wish. But they are not blood related. Disappointing, I know.

>chase after incest cock
Just remove yourself from this thread

Growing up together in formative years makes it no less incest than if they were blood related. This shit is only acceptable in Japan. In the end, she's still chasing her brother's cock.

Haha..

the only thing Agate is tapping is the back of his ass after I am done with him

Attached: Erika2.jpg (147x170, 25K)

Hey, man. I'm a waifufag that got on late, what more is there to say?

Dumb nitpicking faggot. Typical otomefag buttmad that someone is pointing out that his favorite JRPG is catered towards women and also has pseudo-incest in it (which Kondo regrets).

Tits gameplay is better than P3 tho

>nitpicking
You plainly don't know the story

No, you're trying to rationalize someone "hating" on the game by calling them ignorant.

From what I hear, it's alluding to a practice that was actually practiced in Japan in the past where they'd adopt kids and arrange marriages between them and their own biological ones. No idea if it's true. History anons will know.

Self-insertfag sperging out about something he clearly doesn't know about is just the cutest little thing in this thread

I was one too. That's why I started with TitS and abandoned the series after seeing the shitshow that CS turned out to be. All that's left for me to do is to play Zero and Ao some day.

What's even funnier is seeing you work your mental gymnastics to write someone off.

Attached: faggot.png (814x504, 476K)

Oh look, he saved someone's screenshot to fuel his own shitposting despite not knowing about a single subject he tries to talk about. Embarrasing.

You need bigger bait than that, otome-kun. FC/SC is a love story from a female's perspective with Team Rocket raising hell in the background. Fact.

>otome-kun
You know, that's a good name for you. Appear in these threads a few more times and you will become a local sperglord FF15-kun style

overrated story. the worldbuilding is great, but the story was disappointing. Estelle is annoying so the 3rd was the most enjoyable.

still worth playing just for the crossbell duology.

You're the one throwing a fit when Trails in the Sky is described accurately, user. It will always be a love story from a woman's perspective, and you will always be a faggot for unironically enjoying it. Now, I'm sure you should be watching Twilight or something.

Why everytime we have a TiTS thread these cuckfags from /fg/ feel the need to start ruining the thread?
Is this the way they cope now that the series is pure shit?

Is there an anime based on this or is this based on an anime or manga?
Which is fucking weird because a game based on an isekai title seems a little too meta.

Attached: icm.jpg (350x500, 66K)

Trails/Kiseki in general has the most obnoxious fanbase in the genre. The Ysbros are the polar opposite.

There's an OVA based on first half of SC (completely butchered) and couple complementary manga chapters.

It's not based on any existing material although you could argue Gagharv trilogy was an innovator for the series.

Attached: 1536776148954.jpg (683x683, 107K)

I'm enjoying it. I started FC a year ago but I lost interest for it right after I got to Bose because I thought it was boring.
But I recently started it up again and I'm actually really digging it. World building and lore are definitely the best parts about it.
In final chapter now and will be starting SC.

Attached: Oh Aidios...jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

Have fun with your female perspective love story. I hope you have a tolerance for countless scenes of girl talk about boytoys.

Second Chapter has the best combat of almost any JRPG

I also quit in the middle of FC when I was playing it only to pick it up again a year later. Now I've played FC, SC, 3rd, Zero & Ao. Currently about 90 hours into CS1 and I'm enjoying them all.
Just make sure to play Zero and Ao after you are done with Trails in the Sky, you can find the download links here

Attached: Anelace.png (500x143, 141K)

>It's not based on any existing material although you could argue Gagharv trilogy was an innovator for the series.

Thanks because this anime I saw a couple days ago, the main characters look just like OP's pic.

Holy shit, are you serious? The combat is complete and total garbage, and any difficulty above normal consists of spamming Earth Shield and Grail Sphere while nuking groups of enemies down with non-elemental damage. Have you never played any other JRPG in your life?

kek no. and sky 3rd was an improvement over sc

Thanks, man. I've been trying to wait for the new Zero tl, but I'm not sure if I should. I'd like to finish Zero and Ao before CS3 drops.

Who else in Geofront wait hell?
>Tfw it wont be done for summer anymore

>stand in a 2x2 square
>cast earth wall
>game is now beaten
The combat is pretty shitty, you don't have to lie to yourself.

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the older tl. I'm trying to play other games while I wait for them to finish, but I might give in in mid August.

No one. Select few are dumb enough to buy into Floofy's bullshit regarding the existing Zero translation. It's not a machine translation, nor is the Geofront retranslating anything. They're EDITING the existing script, and they've spent two and a half years doing so and are still not close to releasing it. What, are you gonna wait another 3 or 4 years for them to do Ao, which has a much bigger script? Just fucking play the games, nerd.

Thanks for the heads up user, we'll see how much patience I have for that.

I have hopes that I'll make it through all of em

Attached: 20190709153318_1.jpg (1920x1080, 516K)

the current zero translation is fine for the main story. the npc dialogue is whats janky

Your earth shield might get wiped out within a single round from fast enemies doing AoE damage or fighting a bunch of enemies at once. You also have to manage speed buff/debuff and then some.

So what's the future of this series? Still a greenhorn sorta, but I heard some anons really wanted a Calvard arc, and someone thought Rean would get a fifth game. All just memes, or what?

I'd like you to name some JRPGs

1 person casts Earth Shield every round, 1 refreshes Clock Up Ex. It's unbalanced trash, especially when you can use Kevin with Gladiator accessories that give him infinite S-Craft.

>the average age of Trails of Cold Steel 3’s fans are in their early to mid 20s.

Attached: D40FF6F3-806A-4DE6-AA98-C4A430058B5F.png (640x1136, 173K)

You can always just pop Kevin's S-Craft at 200% if things get fucky like that.

Why? Sky has objectively simplistic and unbalanced combat. Boring loot, lack of progression, brain dead easy combat to exploit without even trying. Why even name SC when 3rd, Zero and Ao all vastly improve upon it? Even those games have passable combat at best, and Cold Steel is pure unbalanced trash where you can one-shot bosses with Gaius and Laura.

So you have two dedicated buffers, which is fine, but usually the game will throw a wretch in things and that's where the combat becomes fairly challenging.
Kevin is borderline OP, but you don't have him for most of the game and towards the end when you have him at his most broken, you end up fighting some very tough fights even with him in your party - sparing abusing zeram items.

Just started this. Got past the part where Estelle tells Joshua about her mom. Is there some sort of revelation later that she got hit on the head in the clock tower giving her brain damage?

Good to know, thanks. I'll probably play it then.

Even the NPC dialog is fine. People are blowing "cuisine" being misspelled "cousin" out of proportions. It's not a mistranslation, only a typo. There's no way to interpret that line in Japanese to have anything to do with anyone's cousin when the context is clearly about food in a restaurant.

I haven't played Ao, but Zero was definitely easier than SC or 3rd on nightmare. It's the first game where you can really abuse eva tanking to ridiculous levels (and Ao seems to follow that). There's only a handful of really scary fights including all the chests.

3rd has some pretty good fights more so earlier on, but you get even more OP characters and you have Kevin for the entire game. 3rd's nightmare slightly easier than SC's Hard outside the first few chapter bosses.

What's the best party setup for FC's final dungeon? I'm thinking Kloe and Agate

I don't remember a single challenging encounter, except for those earth worms that react to AoE attacks, but they just needed a different strategy. I skipped the entire last boss fight of SC just by making Kevin a speed demon and having him recast earth wall each turn. It really isn't hard at all, unless we're talking about some higher difficulties.

>This starts playing: youtube.com/watch?v=S9mL0PasBkw
>Boss wrecks your shit
>It's just one of those "you are supposed to lose" battles haha
>It's not
Regardless, why is the Crossbell soundtrack so fucking good? Sky had a ok soundtrack but playing the Crossbell games feels like playing Ys games.

Attached: 1556478173453.jpg (596x239, 50K)

most of it is fine. playing through zero right now and ive run into some npc that say incomprehensible shit, even ignoring typos and grammar.

I'm talking about Hard/Nightmare obviously. People who play on Normal don't care about difficulty.

You can't really go wrong with picking spell casters for your team in TitS games. I had Kloe and Olivier with me and did just fine.

I would say it's pretty bad, but if you could play classic localizations of JRPGs, you can probably handle it fine.

>People who play on Normal don't care about difficulty

You're retarded. If they didn't care about difficulty they would play on easy. People who play on normal care about having fun and not having to pull the absolute most optimized strategy/min-maxing. That's true to any game where "difficulty" isn't just scaling for character level.

The original trilogy didn't even have difficulties to chose from. They all used what became the "normal" difficulty. Everything else is just bloated stats that add a lot of RNG to fights. Nightmare became more balanced in the other arcs.

Also, you can still cheese the fuck out of fights on any difficulty. The Lorence fight in FC can be facerolled by using Kloe's -50% STR debuff on him. He deals 0 damage to your party at all times, and that's a supposed to lose fight.

Only a few fights require min-maxing (usually very early stuff or optional victory fights).

Normal in 99.9% games means "I don't want to have to try more than once or twice on almost any fight", which means you don't have to learn the combat system because you are sailing through the story. Easy just means you want to try at all. This holds true for Trails in the Sky.

While that is true, the designer behind the combat said they had to make the game easier than they initially wanted.

"bloating" stats is a perfectly fine way to increase difficulty given the game's combat system is state based. More HP means you can't just burn them down with Sbreaks without being punished hard by high STR and SPD.

It also makes shit unreasonably difficult, like the prologue in SC on Nightmare. There's no strategy involved in the Kurt Jaeger fight. It's 100% RNG if you'll make it or not, because he can heal infinitely and get 2 turns in a row that kills both your characters.

Prologue on Nightmare is mostly an exception. That said, it's not entirely RNG. If you do a bit of prep, you can cut down the RNG to very little (and almost nothing if you really grind out items to the point healing doesn't mean shit).

>they had to make the game easier than they initially wanted.
Why is this allowed?

I would have appreciated the focus on world-building if the world wasn't so bland and boring.

The 2 dogs you fight when confronting the mayor in Ruan in FC is also an unreasonable encounter. You have to make sure your party is stacked on top of each other in a corner so you can spam Earth Shield. There's nothing that's difficult in those games because they were designed to be a tactical challenge. The only challenge is bullshit encounters with bullshit stats for artificial difficulty.

So did Rean actually end up fucking Estelle or is that just a meme? I haven't finished SC yet.

No one fucks anyone. It's a meme. Rean himself is a meme. Only one person in the entire series has canonically had sex, and it's Renne being forced into prostitution and raped over and over.

Cold Steel still would have been shit even with a female MC

>Crow/Jusis/Gaius husbando wars

Calvard is gonna be the next arc in the series and some sort of continuation of the Cold Steel arc is in development. We don't know if it's a full game or some CS4 DLC yet, but knowing Falcom it's probably the former.

Kloe and Olivier is pretty much the gold standard of FC since Kloe is the healer and Olivier is the strongest caster

Only if there's no more romance, or at least have the romance be an optional side story like in Crossbell, which is 100% plot focused. You can choose to have all the romance scenes instead be buddy scenes with Randy.

But... but ain't Cold Steel 4 literally called End of Saga?

It would have been okay if you only had two or maybe three romance options at most. Alisa, Laura, and Emma.

Cold Steel 2 crashes for me every now and then. Not sure if it's because I pirated it, the port is bad or if it's my lousy GPU. I already updated it to V1.4 so it should be up to date.

We thought this shit show will end on third game as well

Haha, cuh-lassic Rean!

First CS2 was supposed to be the end. Then CS3 was supposed to be the end. Then CS4 was supposed to be the end. The common theme is asset reuse and extreme amounts of bloat to pad out the games and split up the story to profit off of low effort sequels.

Imagine being a translator for xpenis translating this shitty series in your wagie cagie, page after page after page of inane bullshit, filler dialogue about nothing, boring npc conversations that span several dialog boxes that only 1% of player will ever read, and countless "please help me find my cat" sidequest, 9-18 every single fucking day.

Attached: 1502716823412.jpg (576x1024, 50K)

Kondo wanted to include more and more shit into CS and it just exploded due vita hardware and time limitations.

It was supposed to be, but apparently they couldn't fit in all the plot details that they wanted to. That's bizarre as fuck, considering how padded and pointlessly lengthy CS4 was. I guess business deadlines bit Falcom on the ass and they decided to focus on gameplay and side quests rather than those details.

>Cold Steel is pure unbalanced trash where you can one-shot bosses with Gaius and Laura.
yeah the first Cold Steel game I did not even finish and stopped playing at start of chapter 4

Has there been any news on the Cold Steel 3 PC version?

Attached: Tio.jpg (480x640, 38K)

My thoughts on this trainwreck of a series? Personally, I think it's nothing but cash grab after cash grab of generic shounen games that seem original because by the time anyone cared to localize them the tropes that permeate them will belong to the last decade.
Filled with padding, each single story has to be split in multiple entries because whoever who's in charge of adapting jump shounen latest issue into a mediocre rpg with mechanics stolen straight out of Persona and Fire Emblem believes that you can't do a good plot without having to traverse each modern fantasy town over and over again with a goody two shoes master of all trades protagonist, his harem of dumb bimbos who apport nothing and his background male companions.
A sad corpse of a series with even a more tragic fanbase, who cling to it either because they think niche is cool and because they spend years learning japanese just to play a literal fan fiction of a retard who played Suikoden and Xenogears and thought that a long lasting series in the same universe would be good, with political themes as understood by a 11 year old and mechas. Literally everything that Kekseki ever did has done by literally any other jrpg series, but better and ten years before. It's no wonder why this shitshow ranks lower than the most cancerous weeb games in japan, even when the series has become a shittier parody of itself.

Attached: 1534489159089.png (447x697, 67K)

Did you even play the game? That screenshot is taken completely out of context and doesn't support your argument whatsoever.

All that "shit" just ended up being backtracking and fetch quests with everything else happening off-screen. It's clearly a budget thing more so than hardware limitations. They're still following the same blueprint of making 1 pool of assets for each arc (and generational leap second half arcs in Cold Steel's case) and then wringing every bit of money out of them by using them over and over. The fifth CS game has a few screenshots available, and they're even copy/pasting areas from CS2 into the game.

I guess business deadlines bit Falcom on the ass and they decided to focus on gameplay and side quests rather than those details.
I would believe this if CS4 wasn't by far the easiest game in the franchise on nightmare. There's no excuse as to how low threats everything is compared to your options recover from any situation and having multiple layers of fail saves by default.

that's our Lean Mean Meme Bean Rean Machine haha

>I guess business deadlines bit Falcom on the ass and they decided to focus on gameplay and side quests rather than those details.
No. It's all lies. They're a small company and they want to make as much money as possible with the least amount of effort. Look at their other Trails arcs. They all follow the exact same blueprint of reusing assets and padding their games with stupid shit. No game in the series is an exception to that rule.

>having trouble with the FIRST FUCKING BOSS
OH NONONONONONO

I obviously forgot ">" from that line. I was obviously responding to that as well.

That being said, I don't have any problems with reused assets.

>I would believe this if CS4 wasn't by far the easiest game in the franchise on nightmare.
Difficulty balancing is just one slice of the pie. CS4 has a shit ton of side quests, dungeons, playable characters, etc. Given that Falcom generally values gameplay loops and systems over story, they opted to flesh those out instead of making an even bigger clusterfuck of an already messy and barely coherent story. I think this was a huge fuckup on their part, but CS4's development alone isn't to blame. The whole state of the CS arc is a trainwreck and there's little Falcom can do to salvage beyond tying loose ends and moving on to the next arc with somewhat of a clean slate. I think that's what this fifth game/addition is meant to do.

Attached: RD7sOn4.jpg (428x599, 39K)

It's fine for 2 games. 3 or more and it becomes incredibly low effort. Just looke at pre-2015 Compile Heart. They reused the same assets for literally over a decade.

I prefer reanposting honestly

>with somewhat of a clean slate
You can't exactly have a clean slate if the dirty slate still exists and is connected to your new slate. Trails has retroactively and proactively been tainted by Cold Steel, and you can bet your ass you'll see the examples of this firsthand when Rean shows up in Calvard with a new gaggle of girls and boys.

Who are you to say where the line stands for low effort and why should I care about your opinion or about Compile Heart?

Every game in the series has tons of side quests. Dungeons, sure. Playable characters? They didn't put much effort into those: Most of the characters were just given the crafts they had before and you can't even put them as lead to run around on field. I admit they did give them battle orders though.
Kondo recently said that Kiseki is supposed to focus on story over gameplay and vice versa for Ys. Focusing on one doesn't mean ignoring the other - Pretty obvious PR talk, but still worth pointing out.

I hope we get more Zin and Walter fights in calvard

hope walter rips off his shirt and he has a giant yakuza tattoo and it's basically a fucking yakuza fight

When you've split your originally planned duology into 5 games and 85% of the games' content is padding so you can sell more games with the same assets, you're decidedly low effort. You're so transparent, fanboy.

Garbage series, don't fall for it

It's unironically the only thing of worth from the modern Trails fanbase honestly, the rest is just otome fans, EOPs complaining about Cuckfront, and people cumming over Renne's pussy.

its gonna fall apart soon because of the interconnected world like how one piece became shit

Sure, and I will happily keep buying them. What are you gonna do about it, bitch more on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1537857531132.png (515x564, 615K)

>You can't exactly have a clean slate if the dirty slate still exists and is connected to your new slate.
Sure you can. A good chunk of Sky's cast has been absent since 3rd, barring the occasional cameo appearance. I think they'll do the same thing with CS's cast. Moreover, I don't think CS did any major damage to the series overarching story... Well, aside from making Ouroboros look like total chumps. Most of the REALLY bad stuff in CS is internal - namely the character writing and civil conflicts in Erebonia. That stuff doesn't really hold much weight in the overarching story, so I don't think it'll be a problem in the future.

Attached: Duvalie_sen4.png (2826x2000, 3.98M)

Nothing, you overly defensive fanboy, but you SHOULD accept that their games a low effort, because they objectively are.

Let me say this.

I FUCKING LOVE TRAILS IN THE SKY. One day I'll write a fucking essay about it. First Chapter is so unexpectedly calm: You go into most games expecting to save the world but you just end up going on a trip around a small peaceful country to become a not-cop. The plot ramps up wonderfully along the game's length, in such a way that when you look back you realize everything was connected.
The romance is perfect. I'll lay this shit out: IF SKY'S ROMANCE IS FEMININE AND COLD STEEL'S IS MASCULINE, MALE PERSPECTIVE OF ROMANCE FUCKING BLOWS. How is this god damn comparable.
Think about it. Sky has Joshua and Estelle, with two games laying out their relationship and building it. There's a clear light/dark theme, both characters play and mature off each other, and there's a clear and climactic point where the romance is established and the couple is cemented.
Then you have fucking Cold Steel. There are no themes here. There's no relationship. There's no maturing. There's just fucking shitty skits that eventually lead to a girl lusting after your cock. Even worse, there can be no side romances. No Schera/Olivier, no Agate/Tita, everyone must be for Rean's cock.

If I'm supposed to enjoy the latter as a male then fuck it, call me a faggot or whatever, but I prefer actual romance and not this haremshit that goes absolutely nowhere and has no buildup at all.

Attached: 1562692531708.jpg (700x1000, 406K)

I miss the threads we had in 2015.
Generals and all their faggotry always corrupts everything, even more so with opening the gates to self-inserters ready to eat borderline LN shit because it has waifus in it.

I, too, love being able to feel like a woman in love! That's why Trails in the Sky: First Chapter and Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter are so good! I can be the woman without actually losing my penis!

Yeah I feel you bro, I heavily considered dropped Trails after the waste of time that was CS2, but Rean cucking Joshua in CS4 was the last fucking straw that did it for me, my god.

bros...

Attached: 1553820259558.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

Joshua/Estelle romance feels like something out of good coming of age story. Having female point of view doesn't make it feminine, it's actually closer to the traditional romantic fiction.
Sen is just a light novel tier trash in that regard, made for retarded underage self-inserters and gen Z faggots who also most likely read isekai.

>Moreover, I don't think CS did any major damage to the series overarching story... Well, aside from making Ouroboros look like total chumps.
And introducing a major historical civil war into a lore that only lasted one day and killed one person
And centralizing the entire history of Erebonia around Rean's family
And introducing fucking isekai into Zemuria

Haha... now come join my harem, user. :3

classic Otto

>Jusis in party
I never did get him to work. Is he a hitter or a caster? God damn it.

>And introducing a major historical civil war into a lore that only lasted one day and killed one person
Civil war lasted longer and killed many more, just because you weren't shown it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Should they have shown more? Absolutely. Does it hurt overarching story? Not really.
>centralizing the entire history of Erebonia around Rean's family
Witches and Gnomes have fundamentally nothing to do with Rean's family.
>introducing fucking isekai into Zemuria
This was always a thing and has been hinted ever since the SC/the 3rd.

Noooo, the only civilian casualty in the entire arc! Nooooooooo! DAMN THIS STUPID WAR! It had the emotional impact of the Innkeep dying in the joke episode of Tower of Druaga.

>fight overpowered boss
>win
>i can't believe we beat them somehow
>HOL UP
>y-you were h-holding back!?!
>other characters show up
>leave them to us!

Attached: 1520738582408.jpg (645x773, 36K)

O MY ISHMELGA

huhu

Attached: 1553618444731.jpg (653x530, 120K)

Haha... that really makes me want to FLY AROUND and collect fellow students to SAVE OUR HIGH SCHOOL with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP... :3

The first two were good but the third feels slow for me. I am going to give the third one another try though.

This looks really low res. Is this how the game actually looks or the settings are fucked?

It's a budget game from 2004.

>has been hinted ever since the SC
I don't remember any hints in SC, unless you're talking about some scene in the Ouroboros airship.

Is the third game connected to the first two or it's more of a spin-off?

Connected and drops a bunch of plot points for the future games.

I had put off the third for like half a year because at the end you have to grind in the abyss, but it was really fuckign worth it in the end. Honestly complete the whole thing because a lot of the doors and stuff are great, if you like the cast. And the ending is so good.

Yeah it's directly connected.

i want to play the tits trilogy but if ucking hate playing this shit on my pc. why wont they just release it on ps4 or switch man

Asspull cash-in with 20 minutes of story that leads into Zero no Kiseki.

Just get PSP.

>This was always a thing and has been hinted ever since the SC/the 3rd.
what in the world are you talking about

Divergent laws and the Sept-Terrions in general. Although probably unrelated, you could argue the monsters on top of the towers in ch8 being literal ayylmaos (not explicitly from different planes) as per their description.
Obviously the 3rd starts to have slightly more heavier implications which have been reinforced in every game from thereon.

>a literal alien isekai'd into Zemuria is responsible for everything bad happening in Erebonia and by extension Liberl
So this is the power of (((worldbuilding)))...

This game gave me a fetish for dumb girls.

Buy a controller, nigger. It's plug and play after you enable the gamepad in the launcher. The PSP versions are ASS. Play the translated versions of the Vita versions if you have one. More content and so on.

Nice nebulas you got there.

i own a vita. im pretty sure they never brought the third game to the vita, atleast translated
i hate playing on pc because i have to sit down on a gaymer chair

And probably Calvard too, knowing Erebonia's actions on them.

Nah, the full trilogy is on the Vita. It's called Sora no Kiseki: Evolution. The games were updated in the style of the next arc in the series.

But it's not though.

>Play the translated versions of the Vita versions if you have one
>Playing the version with the butchered soundtrack

>Trails in the Sky
"The Hamel massacre and Joshua and Loewe's fate were all caused by corrupt Erebonian officials being nudged by Weismann into eenacting a horrible crisis so that they could pin the blame on Liberl, thus giving Erebonia an excuse to invade and take over the smaller weaker nation"

>Cold Steel
"ACTUALLY THE HAMEL MASSACRE AND JOSHUA AND LOEWES FATE WERE BECAUSE OF A TOXIC MIASMATIC CURSE THAT SPREAD FROM AN EVIL ALIEN TELEPORTING IN FROM ANOTHER WORLD. THE CURSE MAKES YOU DO EVIL THINGS AND MADE THE PEOPLE SET UP THE HAMEL MASSACRE"

But remember, Sky's writing was 'embarrassing' to Kondo.

Attached: 1538587352764.jpg (1978x1280, 1.83M)

thats pretty based. thanks
would be better if they re-release it on switch/ps4 but im fine with that too

tits was great but it seems like the rest of the franchise is in translation hell so I stopped there.

haha that's our Kondo

People kept saying Cold Steel ruined Kiseki but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

And in a narrative hell, that too.

Jesus. CS is worse than I thought. I'm glad I dropped it halfway into I.

Falcom's president he wants to port all the games to PS4. XSEED will probably re-release Sky in that case, and Crossbell will be localized by either them or NISA.

jesus christ is that really what happens in cold steel? what the fuck how did it take such a nosedive?

>"The Hamel massacre and Joshua and Loewe's fate were all caused by corrupt Erebonian officials being nudged by Weismann into eenacting a horrible crisis so that they could pin the blame on Liberl, thus giving Erebonia an excuse to invade and take over the smaller weaker nation"
You're forgetting the part that is the most retarded of all.
>le super ebin mustache man stopped le ebil empire single handedly

I can't wait for CS4 to come out on english so this alien nebula nonsense gets dispelled once and for all

>single handedly

No, he used his army you moron. Generals winning wars through expert tactics has happened throughout history.

And his GIANT ASS FUCKING DRAGON PAL.

?? He didn't use the dragon.

Either way, the super human Marty Stu Cassius saving the day at all times is ridiculous. He saves Liberl from Erebonia, he saves Joshua from Ouroboros, he saves Estelle and Co from the final boss of FC, and the list goes on and on about this mustached superman.

and here I was thinking that it couldn't get any more retarded than "Joshua, Renne, you're both serial mass killers, but still pls be part of my family without atonement for your past actions"

what the fuck, man.

>whole party roflstomps the final boss
>oh no, cutscene, estelle and co are in danger
>oh no, not even richard can stop it
>mustacheman critically damages the boss in one toss of his staff
>is just conveniently unavailable during most of the ouroboros shit that happens in sc because he would solo them with one hand
wew lad

Good games, I marathoned through all three TitS games in a couple of weeks. Hundreds of hours of fun characters, absolutely godlike music and a plot that while building slowly really got me interested and hooked. I played the first one without having much expectations but I came out being a fan of the series

fav tracks:
youtube.com/watch?v=3GB-xej4GFc
youtube.com/watch?v=360l1Jg5Kko
youtube.com/watch?v=z07WdBYBEe0

Attached: 20190511153506_1.jpg (1920x1080, 641K)

>>le super ebin mustache man stopped le ebil empire single handedly
How could you miss the entire point of a game when it literally word by word spells it out to you at the end
Are you baiting with this?

>Tio will never love you as much as she loves Mishy
Why even live

Attached: Santa_Tio_%28Akatsuki%29.png (320x320, 112K)

He's literally the savior of the country. Time and time again he saves the day, because he's written to be an immortal Marty Stu. Without him, Liberl would've been part of Rean's harem.

Joshua went on self exile and his entire life is atonement enough, not to mention he was brainwashed
Renne is a literal child

>end of cs5
>rean: girls don't do it for me anymore
>rean: time to expand my harem into countries
>starts annexing the rest of the continent and all the waifus in every arc

If this guy was allowed to actually take on the Ouroboros then half of the fucking Sky arc wouldn't have taken place. Pretty sure he's capable of destroying the whole organization in one day by himself.

I think it's pretty hilarious. Estelle's reaction is "lol that doesn't matter if you just let me suck your cock," while her reaction to Renne continuing to kill a bunch of innocent people is "haha that's okay because you are so kawaii desu ne."

>>is just conveniently unavailable during most of the ouroboros shit that happens in sc because he would solo them with one hand
the story actually acknowledges this which is why he was tricked into going somewhere far from Liberl so he doesnt backhand literally everyone. however it is still pretty convenient that he came at the very end

Why not now? The translation patches are out for both.

Attached: 513846213549.jpg (768x432, 70K)

Almost as retarded as Crow being a terrorist responsible for a bunch of deaths but Rean wants to bring him back so they can graduate fucking high school together, going "haha, that's our Crow" all the way. Their first interaction after Rean finds out about it is "lol thjat's a good fish burger! did you make it yourself?"

Imagine liking a cumdoll.

Attached: 1537002549849.png (1228x2288, 1.66M)

Aight, got into SC. About to head to Jenis Royal Academy to look for this "ghost" which in my opinion looked like a trolling Blue Bank on the picture. Checked the notebook, the chapter count has a lot more spaces, how fucking long is this game?

Like twice the size of FC.

9 chapters or some shit, and it's 90% filler. You'll backtrack through the entire continent again and listen to Estelle crying about not having Joshua's cock buried in her womb at least once per cutscene.

Jesus christ, FC took me around 40 hours, user. Please don't tell me I have to chase Joshua's sulking ass over 80 hours.

My backlog is pretty large, and the Crossbell arc is at the bottom of it. I'll get to eventually.

Kiseki has extreme tunnel vision. Only what happens in front of you matters. Everything else can be disregarded. The characters all think this way.
Yes, and Estelle will cry about him throughout the full game and then immediately go into heat when you find him.

Not for 80 hours at least.

For fuck's sake.

>FC
fantastic.
>SC
disappointing. didn't play third.

Well, someone above posted that image with ultra violence and Joshua's in that so, is that a long time in or what

>didn't play third.
It's a tie-in for the next game in the series, Zero no Kiseki. It's 90% dungeon crawling gameplay, 10% story. Didn't miss much. The things that happened and are relevant to Zero can be summarized in one paragraph.

zero is so good. The soundtrack makes even random battles enjoyable

I think it's around the second half of the game-ish, maybe. I don't remember actually. It's around the time when Estelle gets on a big ass enemy airship, so look out for that.

Basically the end of the game. There's just one big ass dungeon left.

Fair enough. Is 3rd as long as this?

nah brah, Xenogears did it better.

Attached: Elly.jpg (850x1202, 197K)

Nah, I don't think so. I went through it pretty fast myself. Even if you play through all the optional doors it shouldn't take you longer than SC did.

Calvard when?

Attached: calvard when.png (405x646, 21K)

Not even close. There isn't even any real romance in it. It's just a journey throughout the country, and then Estelle realizes she wants to fuck Joshua. Then he disappears and she chases him for a full game. It's garbage. Even romance in FF games is better than this.

the 3rd felt shorter than SC

Imagine having taste this bad

SC
>payoffs for all kinds of set up storylines starting in FC
>proper, actually satisfying ending instead of a cliffhanger
>more varied mechanics and stuff actually happens like the orbal blackout

FC is nothing without SC desu

Attached: 1461093842418.jpg (549x442, 28K)

I thought people generally think that SC is better than FC, seeing how fuck all happens in it and it's just a long set up for SC.

FF8's romance is unironically way better than this shit. Rinoa chases Squall throughout the game and tries to have him open up, and then when she's on the verge of dying, his fear of losing someone again makes him open up fully and do everything in his power to save her. He eventually does, and they end up alone on a spaceship together and that famous Uematsu song Eyes On Me starts playing when she sits in his lap and they fuck when the screen goes black.

IX also did it better. And VII. And X. And IV.

The soundtrack in the Crossbell games is absolutely fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=EGlgSWA9lc4
youtube.com/watch?v=jlBLyfet_jI
youtube.com/watch?v=zDy1DhTAXD4
youtube.com/watch?v=S9mL0PasBkw
My favorite is Unfathomed Force

Attached: Tio Plato 2.jpg (850x1170, 278K)

The difference is those aspects aren't the sole focus of those games with everything else just being background static. Trails in the Sky is exactly that. Cold Steel is no different. It's just random shit happening in the background while Rean courts his harem.

Tbh I played like 30 min and it was awfully boring. Tried to get into the series but then I realized its fans are in some kind of world building meme cult and the Cold Steel fan base ranges from early to mid 20s. Yikes.

Attached: 738BC79D-CF7F-4B99-8E1A-08A4255C94E9.jpg (1200x1200, 346K)

The world building is shit because the series is written in tunnel vision. If you or the characters don't see it happening, it doesn't matter. Characters you don't see for a long time just spawn back into existence when it's their time to show up, like they haven't been alive in the time they were off-screen.

Cold Steel itself is a meme. I wouldn't recommend playing it to my worst enemy.

Hell yeah!

They do, but people are generally stupid.
SC is tedious walking the game and the goofy four heavenly kings villain of the week plot with the ouroboros members is just silly.
>hahahaha I was holding back, time to run away, we'll meet again next week
then you climb the tower in the end and beat them in succession
whole thing in general is like a bad shounen sentai lmao just makes you groan

It has a pretty interesting world, story, political issues, characters (mostly Joshua, Loewe, Agate, Cassius and the Proffessor) and it has a great soundtrack.
Though I wish its gameplay was more engaging.
You can cheese most enemies with Evil Eye, Morale, Dual Strike, Earth Wall, etc.

>teenager in heat sulks while team rocket schemes and are up to no good
There you go. SC in a nutshell.

The final boss of IV and the curse was the single shittiest decision in the series. Why couldn't they just have some fucking balls and have Osborne be a totally unapologetic villain? Imagine if in Endgame Thanos apologized for everything and hugged Gamora and Nebula, fucking stupid. All the motivation for me beating the villain was there and built up over years, I don't need a shit twist 80 hours into the ninth game of a story to add some form of "complexity" to the main villain.

>Endgame Thanos apologized for everything
I'm pretty sure he spends an entire mini series undoing the shit he did in that arc, lmao.