Moral alignments in vidya

I can't help it bros, every time I play a game with this mechanic I always feel the need to play as a goody-two-shoes - I can't bring myself to be an evil edgelord. Anyone else know this feel?

Attached: Fablebox.jpg (220x283, 21K)

Oddly enough Fable is the one exception to this rule. In Fable being evil was fun. I would run around Bowerstone in my underwear, belching and farting on people and breaking windows while flies buzzed around me entertained me for far longer than it should have.
Also killing Whisper when Jack asked just seemed like the smart thing to do.

Same here.
in the long long ago I once played KotOR dark and had fun up to Kashyyyk. when it came time to work with Czerka and enslave the wookies, I just couldn't do it. never reloaded that game and have always just gone good ever since

Many games tend to give you straight up better rewards if you try to solve things the good and nice way.

>Moral alignments in vidya

Stop right there. They are almost always done poorly. The franchise that could probably get the most out of it is Star Wars and we only ever really seen Kotor do it.

I'm either neutral or intentionally evil to see how far the physical changes go if there are any

>kill and steal in Fallout 3
>evil karma
>give some money to the crazy atom cult
>back to good karma

Seems fine and reasonable to me, user. I don't see what could be wrong with that.

>I played a game that my sycophantic YouTuber scum covered so now I want to talk about this decade old game
kys zoomer trash

Fuck off ssethnigger

I choose to always play as a noble white knight, because I like to roleplay in games and why would I roleplay as something I am?

This, I've only played one game where you have to do "evil" shit to get the best ending.

what game

You're weird.

Age of Decadence.

Hmm what if games didn't reward "good" or "evil" choices with some stupid points system or keep track of your evilness with some status bar? This way you'd always pick a course of action that you want and what feels best for you.
The consequences of said choice would be then made clear for you by how it would for example shape the world, and the "reward" would rather come from the game world itself rather than accumulating points. Worst is when the game requires you to be a certain level of evil to unlock a dialogue option, just make everything available to everyone.

This would allow you to make your own conclusion about whether you did good or evil shit because it's sometimes about the point of view. I don't need a game judging my choices

So you're telling people to play Witcher or Dragon Age Origins?

You're making a lot of assumptions, my friend.

Attached: large.jpg (400x400, 25K)

I let Whisper live because even at that point in the game I'd gotten the sense that Jack was a bad guy

Yeah I guess those did it correctly

Same, for some reason i don't like being mean in vidya but i'm an asshole with people in real life, is it the autism?

Attached: 0alex.png (1246x768, 656K)

Fable 2 had a much better alignment system than 1

>If a game has a video on youtube about it you cannot talk about it

Attached: 36d chess.jpg (645x729, 88K)

>most evil way to deal with most factions in New Vegas is to just straight up kill them
>has basically no benifits compared to being friends with them
>stealing stuff is super easy in New Vegas anyway so not even grabbing all their items is anything special
>doesn't even save any time for the main story quest because you can also just choose to ignore factions after you meet them once

Attached: toad2.jpg (155x146, 5K)

>le boomzoomdoomgloom

Attached: 1562041981040.png (1252x998, 202K)

>give me a world where I'm a practical omnipotent billionaire
>expect me not to be good to everyone

I'm a bit more pragmatic in games like Witcher and KOTOR II, but still pretty good in general.

>game has a morality system
>its just whatever the devs thought was right and wrong

Attached: 1504880198890.png (960x502, 759K)

The timing of all these threads sing a sad song.

>morality system
>entire game is about acquiring good boy points
>never any tendies or free sex to gamer girl feet streamers
What's the point.

Moral systems suck cock, by the way.

Create a character who is the polar opposite of you. It make it easier to act as an asshole. I'm a white Guy so i Always play a black girl for evil playtrough