H-H-H-HURRY UP

>H-H-H-HURRY UP

Attached: WL4-WarioFalling.png (240x160, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q1x6G1haTN4
youtube.com/watch?v=t7ONBYne4qw
youtube.com/watch?v=fihc2ONQ5v0
youtu.be/_9jAKIOM4S8?list=PLgIaslDc3IBsdbo1Hlrxhsr9oS3ZEjcKf
youtube.com/watch?v=rKvGpr4ztHA
youtube.com/watch?v=ha8h7dZ1Yvw
youtube.com/watch?v=CGLQpYwuV6g
youtube.com/watch?v=JT7psTEFI2M
mynintendonews.com/2018/03/26/nintendo-has-applied-for-nine-trademarks-including-wario-land/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*muffled GBA sound chip singing in the distance*

E-E-E-EGGGGSALAD

No.

Attached: 1551571185606.gif (500x600, 124K)

youtube.com/watch?v=q1x6G1haTN4

Attached: PUPPY_WHIRL.gif (116x128, 23K)

>Game is so good people wrote books about it

Attached: 51J0Mdw8oqL.jpg (337x500, 52K)

>The game covertly is also a fucking Wario Ware game
>There will never ever be another

epitome of pixel art

Soulless

BONG

I liked how you could still see some of Wario Land 4's DNA in Metroid Fusion since they had the same engine and most of the same developers.

R&D-1 were like a bunch of dedicated contrarians and I think that's a dynamic that modern Nintendo needs really badly.

Attached: boss_nightmare.gif (480x320, 28K)

Bait.

This game is way too good for its own good

I didn't know this, but it makes a lot of sense.

They were legends. Now Metroid is passed around like an aging whore.

No Nintendo dev will ever have a hat trick like WL4, Fusion and Zero Mission, effectively back-to-back and nearly perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=t7ONBYne4qw

Wario Land 4 is like the anti-Yoshi's Island. Both are the height of 2D Nintendo graphics, but where Yoshi's Island is trying to be like a storybook Wario Land 4 is jagged, obnoxious and borderline offensive with it's designs.

I think that's a big part of why Shake It just wasn't as appealing as 4 despite having the high quality hand drawn art: it was too soft. It looked more like Kirby.

Attached: Warioland4_spoiledrotten_488.png (353x151, 3K)

Will we ever see her again, Wariochads?

Attached: 8344799_p0.jpg (400x470, 98K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fihc2ONQ5v0

Attached: 1554204569646.png (837x610, 698K)

warioland 4 is peak gba soul
nothing beats it

Wario Land 4 was an amazing game. Far less obnoxious than its older brother, more adventure-oriented, with actually great boss fights, awesome mini-games, etc.

The ONLY thing that was disappointing compared to WL3 is that the levels weren't made in the Metroid fashion with various chests that required unlockable abilities in order to be obtained and therefore had very little exploration, but on the other hand WL3 itself was a pretty fucking hardcore game with a level design that was way too tight to be enjoyable, especially by a kid. Never finished got around to acquire all the treasures, it just wasn't worth it. And the Crescent Moon Village was too fucking scary at night.

>new wario game
>it's more warioware meme shit

why did they do warioland and paper mario so dirty

Attached: 1557661864432.jpg (400x459, 127K)

What did we do to deserve this lads?

Attached: FB216D42-FF09-4FFC-930D-C9D06D7D4371.png (260x370, 70K)

that's some earthbound shit

Attached: 1560629314597.jpg (572x511, 22K)

>big budget mainline wario game never

Attached: 1550359570297.png (300x303, 50K)

WARIO LAND 5 NOW

2D PIXEL GRAPHICS
WACKY MUSIC
CLASSIC WARIO GAMEPLAY NO GIMMICKS

FUCK YOU NINTENDO

>whoaa dude check out this wario land Spiritual Successor bro
>it's fucking nothing like wario land by the end of its dev cycle

>tfw there will never be another Wario Land as good as 4
>tfw there will never be another Wario Land game
Fuck Nintendo

I want Syrup and Shokora to come back to the Wario series as permanent cast members.

Attached: shokora kiss.jpg (1000x1337, 375K)

>CLASSIC WARIO GAMEPLAY
>NO GIMMICKS

Um. Wario has always been about gimmicks. Good gimmicks, but gimmicks nonetheless.

2>4>1>3

Too bad Shokora is dead. Would still be good to see her back.

Hey guys remember when Wario Land literally never sold poorly yet it's still dead for some reason

>linking the compressed version
youtu.be/_9jAKIOM4S8?list=PLgIaslDc3IBsdbo1Hlrxhsr9oS3ZEjcKf

the compression gives it soul

pizza tower?

Even if it sold as much as Mario it would still be less profitable because so much more goes into the development of the game assets.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKvGpr4ztHA
check out these JP ads

Yeah, Pizza Tower. All it got right was aesthetics.

You think Mario doesn't have effort?
...Maybe NSMB doesn't, but the 3D games definitely do

I played this game like crazy when I was young.
Which is weird because I don't remember ever having bought it, all my memories of the cartridge are extremely worn out unless the rest of my gba games, and for some reason it's in english which i didnt speak back then.
Nonetheless, Im glad I got to experience this game. Absolute 10/10

one of the first things the book does is complain that hard mode is too hard so he isn't going to talk about it. Is it really a good book?

Looks like it has most of the same mechanics too. It's not at the end of the dev cycle so I don't know what you're talking about

>that pixel art
MUH DICK

played this game a lot as a kid. I remember having to beat that endboss in the dark and i could not see what the fuck was going on. funny is my sister never played many vidya games but this one she played a shit load.

It's not like being dead means anything in fiction.

The Wario Land saga being dead is a reality though.

I want to get into these games. Give me a basic rundown of what games to buy in which order, what consoles to use and who's the top waifu

Attached: 1561400265980.gif (300x263, 732K)

peak GBA Soul was Drill Dozer.

No, it isn't. Don't make things up.

Just grab the 4 on the GBA and enjoy yourself.
The sound design is great and the pixel art is top-tier for the hardware.

Wario Land 3 and 4 are definetly worth a shot. Wario World is underrated and is a very short game. I heard good things about one of the later Wario Land entries (I think it was Shake) too.

This game is so strongly Japanese in the best, weirdest way. All the fucked-up characters, the bizarre sound room, the Americana put through a funhouse mirror combined with very specific Japanese cultural references/jokes.... It's like some underground comic put into game form, and it pulls it off with such confidence too.

Man, GBA games with unique carts were great. Drill Dozer was great. No wonder they put Jill in Brawl as an assist. Crazy thing is, that shit was developed by fucking GAME FREAK of all people.

As I said above, I believe Wario Land 3 is a good game on paper (it's basically the same concept as Metroid) but they made the transformations so double-edged and removed the concept of game over (outside of 'that' one instance) and instead decided to have the transformations fuck you in the ass, especially during the 'boss' fights.

One of my favorite tracks:
>youtube.com/watch?v=ha8h7dZ1Yvw
So chill and so fitting to the stage. If it wasn't for the song I'd probably dislike replaying that stage.

Play 2 before 4, it's really good but 4 improves on it a ton so it might feel bad playing it second. Play 1 whenever, it's a lot different from the rest (still good).
1-4 can all be played on GBA.

That's why we Princess Daisy her and move her to WarioWare or some other future Wario game.

I literally haven't played this in ten years, but when I read the title the melody played in NY head just a millisecond before it actually started playing. Based.

youtube.com/watch?v=CGLQpYwuV6g
i love these CD's real wario

These abominations always made me go wtf. Like, what the hell is wrong with the game team?

4 > World > 2 > 3 > 1 >>>>>>Master of Disguise

Never played Shake it so I don't know where that ranks.

I think it's less of an issue with sales and more that no developer is a good fit for it right now.

The main problem with World is that it looked honestly bad for the support and was fairly devoid of content. I mean, we talking about the console that housed Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, RE4, etc. Wario was fun to control but there was no excusing the poor graphics.

Why is there no good remixes to the escape theme?

This is the closest I've found, and even then there's stuff I despise about it youtube.com/watch?v=JT7psTEFI2M

If assets are really what's burning Ninty's bum, then have the next Wario game bet set in the Mushroom Kingdom: few new assets made, Wario brings his signature playstyle which turns the Mario platformer on its head.

Are any of the other Wario Land games worth playing? I've only played 4.

What's even the use of thinking about it? We're not going to see another Wario game for the same reason we won't see another F-Zero. Nintendo has more popular franchises in the same genre that would make doing another Wario game redundant.

>smiles are free

Attached: F62C68E1-5A07-44D0-85F2-75E154AD0943.png (240x160, 9K)

First one is kind of clunky but if you love 4, 3 and 2 are musts. If you're still hungering, 1 is good but plays closer to the Super Mario Land games.

>Welcome to the Item Shop, feel free to tell me how you would like to cheese the boss. Don't forget that plants are vulnerable to fire.

Yes. In order, I’d recommend:
3 > World > Shake It > 2
Don’t bother with 1 and Master of Disguise.

Getting enough medals in baseball was a double nigger though. I don't think I ever got to the third set of cheerleaders, if there was one

>when you figure out each of the bottom row weapons is super effective against a specific boss

I don't think they ever explicitly told you that

4 is the only one that is bad.

That's a great way to put it. I liked that R&D-1 made games that didn't feel like Nintendo games.

We're only just now seeing that kind of design come back to Nintendo with stuff like Splatoon or ARMS but it's a different kind of feel with those.

>Chibi Federation spinoff
>Mercury Stream's mediocre affair
>Prime 4 initial devs botched it so bad Nintendo gave it to Retro
Aging whore.

Where the WL2 chads at?

You listed one bad thing, a remake that wasn't shit, and a problem that was fixed. Metriod fans need to stop acting like victims or forgotten like Chibi Robo

Samus Returns was great. Stop pushing this meme.

Never say never Landchads
mynintendonews.com/2018/03/26/nintendo-has-applied-for-nine-trademarks-including-wario-land/
>Everything on this list has or will happen like Luigi's Mansion 3/the 3ds remake
>Except Wario Land
>And the 3DS is dead
Get ready for Land kino on your Switch

Attached: WARIO LAND IS BACK.png (852x483, 48K)

I loved Wario Land 2. I was pretty amazed when I started a new game and left it idle, I was taken to new levels which I haven't played before. Amazing design.

Attached: wario land 2 GBC wario vs evil chicken.JPG.jpg (477x330, 28K)

Happening?

>R&D-1 were like a bunch of dedicated contrarians
Mind elaborating what you mean here?

WL2 is incredibly underrated. Amazingly so. Wonderful GB game.

What happened to it?

>over a year ago

Fusion is contrarian where it shouldn't be and formulaic where it shouldn't be.

The point is that 8/9 of those trademarks have gotten a game announced/revealed since.

>EO on 3DS is dead
>"Next Stage" teased nearly a year ago
They're having another mid-development crisis like with 5, aren't they

Attached: 1477287960176.png (544x489, 496K)

Pretty much

>don't bother with 1 and Master of Disguise

Attached: tumblr_inline_p6o2dfcOue1rpf0sr_540.png (263x260, 53K)

Metriod Prime 4 most likely didn't even have a release date planned when they trademarked it.

>Wario Land 4 never got a 3DS remake
Of all the games nintendo ported and remade in the 3DS's later years, how did they miss the one that deserved it most?

Attached: Wario Land 6.jpg (736x498, 93K)

you don't need a remake, the artstyle is timeless and the music is perfect

Virtual Boy Wario Land is in more need of a remake.

Do you think her pussy tastes like maple?

Attached: Cpt. Syrup.png (177x285, 13K)

Would you rather have Wario Land Switch or Wario Lands 1-4 in one package, like All-Stars?

Wario Land 4 hasn't aged though. It's still perfectly fluid and good looking, especially in the age of the pixel art.

Both

Wario Land 2 and 3 are on GBC. Both pretty great, but I liked 3 better. Wario Land 1 is actually a Mario game, so it's not counted. 4 is on GBA, and Shake-it is on Wii. Ignore Wario: Master of Disguise on DS, it sucks. Shake-it is a beautiful game with hand-drawn graphics done by Studio 4C, but Wario Land 4 is still the best one in the series

tastes like salt water, probably.

IIRC there was a rumor of Virtual Boy Wario Land getting a remake for the Switch. Hope it's true.

In all honesty Mother 3 or F-Zero: Maximum Velocity deserved some kind of release far more than a game like WL4 which has aged really really well

now wario is just nintendo's fumny garlic fart man

>Yea Forums

Attached: wario land 4 ending 2.png (240x160, 15K)

I feel this is out of character for Wario, he should be trying to steal her crown back

Wario is greedy but does he really rob/beat up "good guys?"

Of course. Everyone in the entire WL series is just minding their own business and Wario comes for their stuff anyway

>yfw Wario owns an entire planet

Attached: planetwario.png (1211x1067, 372K)

The second one is the best though? How did Nintendo fuck up the order?

Obviously the right order would be Wario Land 1>2>3>4 and then Shake it.
1, 2 and 3 are for GBC while 4 is for GBA so if you have a GBA you're good to try the first 4. Shake it is for the Wii.