People are begging for themes and folders for the Switch

>People are begging for themes and folders for the Switch.
>The OS can only take 200KB out of it's 4GB of ram, so never unless Switch Pro has 8GB of ram.
>Almost every KB is used and whatever is left is reserved for more languages.

nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/the_switchs_home_menu_uses_less_than_200_kb_of_resources_for_super-fast_load_times

Is 8GB worth it for Switch Pro just so it can a OS on the same level as the PS4 & XBO?

Attached: 1563011214468.jpg (1038x576, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

switch-xci.com/
nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/the_switchs_home_menu_uses_less_than_200_kb_of_resources_for_super-fast_load_times
darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shut up bitch

Whoever thought that "theme" looked good must be out of their mind

why didn't they add this at the beginning before switch was even made. Hell the fucking 3DS had this shit and Wii-U had something similar if I recall.
Don't care for themes, but I'd like to have a better way to view all the games I have on my modded switch

Who the fuck would want an OS like the PS4?

Thing runs like thick mud, whereas the Switch can swap between games in less than 5 seconds. I'll take function over style.

Clearly they didnt plan for long term support with tons of games

It's homebrew, licensed themes will look better then this if they ever get made.

>Switch CFW has had custom themes for months and they work great
>"no it's not physically possible to have themes on the switch"
yikes

Attached: 1562744143836.jpg (1280x720, 258K)

I meant more feature rich.

>OS on the same level as the PS4 & XBO
Pls no

But I want features that I'll care about 1 time and have nothing to do with video games

>people honestly believing the Pro will be significantly better
>people believing there's actually going to be a Pro version and not just a little touched up version like the New 3DS was

Attached: 1559128501644.gif (377x372, 1.9M)

If you want to switch back and forth between sysnand and emunand, you need to reboot I guess ?
Do you need access to a computer each time to do that ?

God i fucking hate weebs
They have the worst taste

Neck yourself normalcattle

Can you softmod it yet?

Kill yourself ironic weeb faggot

PS4's OS is hardly feature rich buddy.
It's a single line like on the switch (which I hate) but the first two squares are fucking "What's new?" and the store.
Then you have games and shit but if you ever launch a media app the games get pushed behind Tv and Video.
Then if you want to use Netflix or Youtube or Plex you have to scroll down through video apps you don't even have installed to select them.
Seriously, fuck PS4's home menu it's so fucking shit.

>I am gay and I'm mad some people aren't
yikes

Attached: 1531903131496.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

The thing is that the official OS only takes up 200KB when homebrew one can take up to 2GB, unless Nintendo bumps up the ram to 8GB to have a OS at the same level as the homebrew ones themes, folders and other basic things that the PS4 & XBO have for Switch Pro those thing will never happen officially.

>when homebrew one can take up to 2GB
says who?
homebrew theme files are like 200kb, the size of the images used themselves.

Or a phone, yeah. An external device that can push Hekate

Just awful.

Go play in traffic, you panty sniffing degenerate

Yeah, I thought it was generally agreed upon that the Switch menu was the best out of the big 3. The only addition the Switch "needs" is a way to view more games by default without an additional button press.

Yes, you need to tell people you've watch. Taimanin Asagi otherwise, how will people know you're a REAL weeb, and not just some ironic weeb faggot who's trying to impress people on the internet. I mean, it's so imperative to video games that you have a Taimanin Asagi background, I mean, otherwise, how will people know and how could you play video games otherwise

What is the appeal of themes

>w-what if people saw me, that'd make me an ironic weeaboo!
cringe

Attached: 1554818969714.jpg (1280x960, 992K)

What about the XBO?

I know but my point still stands

I second this, keep quiet faggot!

The thing is, it's only 200kb, but there's built-in options for SHIT-TONS of customization. People are already hacking in some crazy shit, so Nintendo clearly has stuff planned, and has had stuff planned since day one.

Why they're not in on the game themselves, we'll never know

Attached: e6otld354r831.jpg (640x478, 84K)

Only an ironic weeaboo would take pride in this dogshit theme. I bet you own an ahegao shirt.

>Not being sexual attracted to a fucking cartoonish woman designed by fat nips means you're somehow gay
This is your brain on weeb shit.
Neck yourself, mentally ill retard.

>normal people see it
>"Oh that's a cool anime character, I bet this guy like japanese culture and artwork"
>other Taimanin fan see it
>"Wow that's one cool dude, I can allign my tastes with his"
In no scenario is it a negative, you're just afraid of appearing ironic to strangers.
Sad.

Attached: 1544994823764.jpg (1280x720, 318K)

This picture has literally nothing to do with anything related to the conversation, so it's obvious as fuck you're an ironic weeb

>Homebrew OSs use much more ram then Nintendo's own one.
>heavily compressed JPEG at 720p compared to a uncompressed PNG at 1080p.

>bunch of horribly drawn generic animu girls with fat tits
God tier taste, weeb-kun.

>>heavily compressed JPEG at 720p compared to a uncompressed PNG at 1080p.
the official nintendo home menu runs at 720p docked you fucking moron.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

This one looks good.

I don't have complicated tastes, and I don't need, say, a mural of all the Robot Masters as a background to remind myself I like Mega Man. But it would be nice to have more options than Basic White and Basic Black. I'd even settle for shit like Basic Blue.

But those OSs can take up to 2GB is the thing, it's why Switch Pro needs 8GB of ram (2GB for the OS, 6GB for program).

What’s everyone’s fantasy about the switch, just play games. Stop being faggots and asking stupid ass questions like this. It will happen in due time. This place is worse than reddit, and those guys are aids in a jar.

>normal people see, "What a fucking weirdo"

fixed that for you

We've all seen Taimanin Asagi, and when I see these backgrounds, I just think you're a jackass out to impress people and no one is outside of ironic weebs on twitter.

>"Look at that ironic weeaboo, who does he think he's impressing"
>"Wow really, you like anime and hentai? You must be really cool to admit that in public"
>"Yeah I bet he thinks he's so special for doing this, what an absolute loser"

Attached: 1557910575357.jpg (1280x960, 912K)

But it's a plain white/dark gray back drop, that barely takes up anything.

>2GB for the OS
Fuck off and fuck you. This bullshit of making the OS as needlessly large as possible for no reason it's terrible. How about 500mb AT MOST for the OS and 7.5 for video games.

it doesn't change it literally runs at 720p for a fact.
you were just assuming everything, that's all there is too it.

>DOOD LOOK HOW WEEB I AM DOOD FAT TIT ANIMU FOR EVERYONE DOOD

>s-stop trying to impress people
imagine being so autistic that you think trying to impress people is somehow negative or abnormal.

You don't see that the fact that you're on Yea Forums, and not Twitter, and people are just calling you a stupid faggot for posting pictures like this mean that no one cares that you're a weeb? We get it, you're a weeb, fuck off.

>STOP BEING IRONIC IN PUBLIC REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1540827864849.webm (540x540, 2.92M)

You're not being ironic playing videogames in public or doing anything of this, but what I really want to know is what the fuck is going on in this webm

Attached: 1549570184196.png (964x1360, 2.78M)

Attached: Faggot.jpg (2048x2048, 425K)

dude on the ground had his phone ring and it made an anime girl cumming sound.
Other guy got pissed and chased him into the anime club.

The Switch is extremely ram starved and needs the extra ram badly.
Also online on a OS level rather then a program level (one of the reasons why the Switch's OS is only 200KB).

>dude on the ground had his phone ring and it made an anime girl cumming sound.
He deserved what he got. Like anime and shit if you want to but learn to conduct yourself like a human being.

What if I like a bunch of this stuff but would never talk all "uwu" like? I also generally avoid words like "waifu", "trap" and "thicc" because they've lost meaning due to ambiguity born from misuse.

Attached: 1477849130736.jpg (438x438, 32K)

This
Why do you need all this shit that isn’t video games?
Just use your fucking phone

What is this

You're an ironic ironic weeb.

New to switch hacking where do I get switch nsps?
I installed emummc and incognito.

switch-xci.com/

Thanks

But traps are in fact gay

You're not out on Yea Forums ranting and raving about how ebin you are for having watched it like that other faggot, because for him, what's the point of having watched it if you don't bombard everyone with the fact that you've watched it. It only matters if everyone knows you've watched it.

does the guy doing the punching know he looks so fucking lame here lol

Whilst i agree that isnt exactly an appropriate ringtone, the other dude is using an inappropriate amount of force. The guys on the ground and not fighting back but the dude still keeps punching. The guy who resorted to violence is the bigger cunt.

t. The ironic weeb that got beat up and chased into anime club.

I'm against random acts of violence too but some people won't learn unless they get punched in the head a couple of times.

Just because qlaunch only uses 200kb of textures doesn't mean the entire OS is only 200kb.

>Can't ask questions in HBG because that's all that ever happens in those threads
>Want to proceed with EmuMMC
>Don't want to fuck up tho
lmao okay so they're both losers got it

Nintendo has already said that was the OS.

No it's just the menu.

yeah but you make yourself look like a unga bunga when you start throwing hands, the Aryan master race instantly disowns these savages

>yeah but you make yourself look like a unga bunga when you start throwing hands
Don't care. He deserved it. Moreso if his phone went off in front of children.
>the Aryan master race instantly disowns these savages
>White people
>Not savages
lol

OS = 200KB
OS footprint in ram = 1MB (in case they go over the 200KB cap).

you're not seeing through the meme here so I have to assume it went over your head or you're trying to bait me

OP is one of the most retarded niggers I've seen on this board, and that's saying something

It says menu right there

How does the Vita do it then?

I got emummc running and I installed incognito.
When I try running a game my switch says its checking online to see if it can be played and then gives me this error.

Attached: 20190713_220732.jpg (4032x1960, 2M)

I know for a fact that the menu uses more than that.
Each Game icon is 256x256 pixels and a maximum of 12 icons can be on the home screen at any one times, the rest flow into the all apps menu.
Each icon would be about 120KB even if they were stored as jpegs.

Flight mode

I've seen that error on other switches, never my own.
I think I read it has to do with newer games seeing if you have a nintendo account linked.

I personally do have my account linked but 90dns/incognito/stealth mode (I literally use all 3 for some reason) means I haven't been banned because it can't connect anyway.

I wish you people could be thrown into a ditch. The PS4 OS menu is filled to the brim with shit I have to hide and do not want on the front. The Switch UI and OS don't need to be changed, this is how the PS3 UI got shit over time, because of you fags.

The Vita quite literally has two separate sets of RAM. There's 128mb of VRAM for games and there another 512mb-1gig of DDR memory for everything else. I'm amazed there's people that don't know this.

good thing they're not stored as jpegs then retard

Jesus Christ it would be bad enough to buy FFXV but whoever made this pic bought the Playmobil version of that emo faggot fiesta

Some people...

Attached: u8jj8.jpg (160x370, 10K)

what magical compression are they using to make a 256x256 image less than 16KB without looking like shit then?

It's a hacked Switch, he got it for free.

>bought

Icons are probably stored as textures.
That's make them larger though.

>I'm amazed there's people that don't know this.
That is because we aren't all fucking nerds.

ASTC or ETC2, probably

Kinda weird that Nintendo hasn't released new themes yet, the 3DS had shit tons of themes so why not the Switch? They could even bundle them with game purchases if they wanted.

Attached: 9wDAHtoLwhTNGdbErGMEJzT2pN2Psw0qX8RUVzjVbas.jpg (640x769, 69K)

In the digital foundry CTR remake episode, one of the guys claimed that video game devs can make use of up to 3.5 gigs of memory on the switch.

Flight mode is off

Turn it on.

they probably will in future, they literally have a whole menu for "themes" that only has the light and dark options and a lot of empty space.

3DS didn't launch with themes, it was a few years before they introduced them iirc.
Now there are literal thousands of official themes.

>Hell the fucking 3DS had this shit and Wii-U had something similar if I recall
The 3ds had it patched in and the wii u didn't get it at all.

>just so it can a OS on the same level as the PS4 & XBO?
A shit one?

だが断る

>just so it can a OS on the same level as the PS4 & XBO?
A laggy piece of shit?

I have a 256 gigabyte SD card on EXFAT that I have been using on my hacked switch for sometime, if I want to change to fat 32 what are the necessary steps I should take before formatting the card?

Yeah fuck Sony for giving their customers options to customize their home screen. I mean I can put a new background on my phone and computer but no one wants this on switch it is dumb.

it tells me to turn it off again

The Switch is underpowered. This has been known for years. They cheaped out.

No, a rich one.
This debunks that.

why do you keep posting an article from a fucking year ago?
the switch has been patched many times since then.

A tiled pattern for the background in a darker color than Light/Dark would be all I want. I like how fast things go.

>more bloat
>on shitty console OS
Just boot your console and chose your game, do people really sit there and stare at the home screen?

Does anyone here even know if the patches even change the size of the OS? Someone should make a timeline of the switch OS size up to now.

That Asian dude has some big feet. No, I'm not a footfag.

darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/
the firmware has gone from 238MB to 291MB.