Why did it 'fail'? Personally, I love it

Why did it 'fail'? Personally, I love it.

Attached: ps-vita.jpg (3328x1698, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebgames.com.au/product/vita/201947-ps-vita-2000-wifi-preowned
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No games and even lost MonHun to the 3DS so none of the japs cared about it.

Not enough broad appeal. Western developers gave up on the system almost right away. Whereas Nintendo has IP's that will always attract every demographic. Sony just doesn't have that wide spread net anymore like they did in the PS1-PS2 days.

The Nintendo DS, and by extension the 3DS, was an unstoppable juggernaut.

The fact that Sony doesn't give a shit about their IPs, and the ones they do care about they can't hold onto to save their lives, didn't help either.

>those early 3DS vs Vita sales threads

Attached: teedoos.jpg (1000x600, 90K)

This and the rise of mobile gaming really put the Vita between a rock and a hard place. I think they could have made a much stronger case for it but they just didn't try enough, probably because of PS4 development. The memory card thing really didn't help either.

Ask yourself: Why would I ever want to invest $300+ into this thing over the 3DS, or, hell, a cell phone?
There's your answer.

The 3DS had an aweful launch.

Lack of marketing
Proprietary memory cards Sony charged out the ass for
Mainly focused on weebshit and lackluster attempts at console ports with some indies thrown in on occasion

I loved my Vita back in the day too, but I understand why it didn’t do too well

what are your favorite games for it?

>charge out the ass for memory cards
>compete against nintendo in the handheld space, an area which they are the uncontested king
>drop everything at the first sign of trouble
as much as I love my vita now, hacking is the only thing that made me start to appreciate it.

nobody bought it because it had incredibly niche appeal.

Too fucking expensive memory cards and Sony just have up on it

>sony ericsson release xperia play
>it's a crap phone that has a stellar design and form factor
>sells poorly
>vita release a year later
>way better hardware and software
> but no 4g option when 4g was not brand new
>vita didn't have full console controls
>extra gimmick like the retarded rear touch surface
>memory cards that were too expensive
>games like uncharted and call of duty only got one run at the vita, then never again
Meanwhile Nintendo is doing their thing getting praise for their kid's toy that is under powered immensely compared to the vita. The PSP was the best god damn handheld ever, and I feel Sony's treatment of the vita is similar to how Spore ended up.

V I T A G A N G
what games are my boys playing?
>index virtual on
>puyo puyo tetris
>EDF 2
>Sonic All Stars Transformed
got loads of rpgs n stuff to get through but eh

No monster hunter and the memory cards. This has been discussed to death, just let the system die already.

It died because Sony choosed to kill it off.
If they had given it more support then we would have an successor where you can play yours bought PS4 games on the go from the cloud.

They Vita had a ton of potential but Sony killed if for being idiots

>Sony wanted it to be a portable haven of western franchises and when CoD and BL2 both fizzled they deliberately ignored it
>expensive proprietary memory cards that got less reliable as the memory size went up
>mobile handled exclusively by AT&T
>a bunch of launch models had buttons glitching out within months
For form and function it's my favorite handheld, 2012-4 had a lot of great stuff in particular. But Sony made a lot of needless and stupid mistakes that hampered its chances. There's no good reason GR2 couldn't be done on Vita, and the fact that we could've had a Loco Roco with proper gyro control WW-Twisted style and didn't will always bother me.

Been playing Vice City Stories. Absolutely comfy af. Also a fan of

>most wanted
>call of duty
>wipeout

and of course Minecraft

unironically frobisher says

Attached: index.jpg (299x169, 15K)

Muv-Luv Alternative. I'm in a world of feels.

Hey YOU. Yes, YOU reading this. Your PSVita misses you. Go show it some love.

don't you watch toy story

Attached: Hey-You-Finger-Picture.gif (300x250, 10K)

good men
all solid gaymes
apart from call of duty, that one was such a fucking dissapointment, they just had to put WaW on it, even a dedicated zombies game wouldve been fantastic
killzone mercenary is the only decent fps on the vita, but no bots means its fucking dead

only played half of muvluv 1, then got an sd2vita and didnt move my save over, gotta get on and play it

Alright so I know the general concencus is that the vita isn't all that great, but would it be worth hacking one to take on a military deployment with me to some shithole country?

>is that the vita isn't all that great
OP here, I still don't understand why this is said though. The fact that the 3ds exists or that it doesn't have MH doesn't make it a bad device. The only genuine criticism I've seen is the memory card.

Attached: t.jpg (199x254, 10K)

The memory stick was such a pain...

What are some good games that aren't full weeb?

People did't like Japanese games enough to get one. Sony ditched it, so no first-party support.

Proprietary memory cards and lack of killer apps with mass appeal. I use mine as a hacked games machine so I love it now, but for most of its life until now it was collecting dust

Lack of support in the west, higher price, and absurdly expensive proprietary memory cards increasing the price of entry further.

Want to try out Zanki Zero, but I need to learn some nip. Playing Guacamelee and UNIST right now. Will probably get Uppers in the future.

NO picross

Attached: 52F6BC15-9D1A-401C-9F43-AC371B01B1BC.jpg (3441x2153, 2.28M)

Smartphones

It was too weak, $100 android phones were better (a fucking 400mhz CPU) and it had shitty screen in most of the models.

They didn't even try to make it succeed. It feels like it was just a quick cash-grab for persona fans

Vita is good for a legacy console and emulation. There are even a few good Vita games that you could play with friends. Currently playing through Phantasy Star Nova with my brother.

I think the mobile gaming bit really fucked it in the end. It had a split identity as a PS2 in your hands and a mobile phone, with the menu practically designed to look like a phone and many features you'd normally expect in a phone from that time. This fucked it hard, as nobody wants a hybrid between a handheld and a mobile phone. it's Microsoft levels of stupidity when they started marketing the Xbone.

no games

emulation on the vita sucks balls, let's hope those gpu drivers get made

Too good for this world

no point in getting this outside of having the older persona games all on one device

is this the new switch lite?

use lolicon.

still can't get acceptable performance in mmz

depends on what games you like, i'd say its worth it for the vita games alone, but you have all the ps1 and psp games too
gran turismo 2
ridge racer type 4
wipeout
mgs
loadsa shit

>facebook
>skype
>flickr
>youtube

where are the games

Sony's inability to market the thing and Nintenfags gaslighting the normies with false information.

persona sucks dick

vita sucks dick

They still sell for $200 used so clearly there's still plenty of demand

A lot of people in this topic have no idea what they're talking about. I'd say 90% of you never touched a vita and you're just spewing nonsense

where the fuck are you looking?
its like 85 dollars for a used vita.

every ps1 games, PSP games, decent emulation up to GBA(decent N64 emulation), PS4 remote play and PC remote play.

ebgames.com.au/product/vita/201947-ps-vita-2000-wifi-preowned

Anyone has that PS Vita recommended games chart, like the PS2 one?

>decent N64 emulation
for 1999 maybe

Attached: 1562986932361.jpg (1490x5968, 1.88M)

>The Nintendo DS, and by extension the 3DS, was an unstoppable juggernaut.
>by extension 3DS
lolno

Why do you make this thread every week?
It's over. Move on.

Was great while it lasted. The thing is like 98% great ideas but the 2% that are bad ideas are so bad that it wound up killing the system.

Those fucking memory cards and the operating system. Those two things by themselves are bad enough but they have a synergy with eachother that sends the shittiness through the roof.

It has the best OS I've experienced. Everything runs insanely smooth and intuitively

because no-one wants to play "console games but they look worse, run worse, run on a 5 inch screen and have worse controls" and that's what the vita was marketed as

the actual non-console port vita games are good

They finally cracked the final firmware update right? The thing is basically open for good now? I've been meaning to crack mine but I was using it for actual vita shit for awhile

Unless you plan on using the thing for digital purchases only, like they intended for it. That's when thiings start to get completely retarded.

hand cramping machine
no games

yeah sony haven't patched it so I guess they don't give a fuck

Yes they did. I have Trinity on mine and I was 3.70

3ds is worse. Hell, even a literal controller is worse.

It failed? Should i stop playing it? What is my opinion?

Attached: 20190713_234856.jpg (3024x2898, 3.97M)

The announced a year or two ago that they no longer support the Vita and its production was stopped.

3ds and vita are about equal when it comes to handcramp. The difference is the 3ds actually has games worth playing so I would put up with it for longer.
>a literal controller is worse
wat. which controller?

They still do discounts on the store though even though they're not advertised anywhere. I picked up a whole bunch of decent weeb games for like 3 bucks each last month

They're usually pretty cool about that after they stop giving a fuck about the system. It's when they do want to give a fuck they do shit like sink Lik Sang.

>VNs
yikes
have you considering having sex?

>danganronpa
>vn

Have you considered having taste?

It's literally an edgy Ace Attorney.

Attached: this is why.png (973x491, 138K)

ace attorney isn't very good either

SD2Vita + 128GB memory card is like a 3rd of a price of that

>hey dude you just need to wait several years after launch, then hack the thing with an exploit, then install an illegal 3rd party converter, duder!

Attached: 1555617300105.jpg (234x250, 20K)

Pretty much the same shit with the Vita. Still a great handheld.

eh it wasnt too bad once you get used to it
it hasnt aged well visually and if you have more than a certain amount of games, it starts bugging, missing icons etc

I have a Vita. OP asked why the Vita failed.

It's just a great, comfy handheld for emulation and indies.

You can't exactly market a handheld that doesn't have anything worth paying for.

Tell me some games to play on it. I feel like I've already played most.

the dpad is really good for emulation but the emulators themselves suck dick

Sony didn't give a shit about it and overpriced memory cards. Nintendo puts soul into everything they do. Even the shitty Wii U had some amazing games on it and Nintendo supported it as well as possible

>Nintendo puts soul into everything they do

I'm done

Attached: rdlol.gif (400x376, 3.69M)

dont use soul to excuse idiocy

it didnt have the nintendo logo

>drop everything at the first sign of trouble
you mean like nintendo did with the wii u
>charge out the ass for memory cards
better than the paid online on switch