How was Zanki Zero?

How was Zanki Zero?

Is it worth getting despite the censorship?

Attached: 81D2llIpg6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x844, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/r57850
spike-chunsoft.com/news/zanki-zero-last-beginning-western-release-changes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did nobody play this?
Didn't the Dangan Ronpa guys make it?

>How was Zanki Zero?
I've heard it's pretty mediocre.

>Is it worth getting despite the censorship?
No. No game is ever worth this.

Its neat if you like the concept.

Story isnt as good as dangans, but gameplay is much better. Characters are still quirky but more charming and gel together rather than deliberately conflicting one another.

I guess I'll get it I like DRPGs

Censorship aside, it's really bad and mediocre at best.
I really regret getting it.

i 100%'d it
i can't say i regret it. The exploration was good, the exploration/crafting elements were implemented somewhat well. I played on hardest, as i usually like the difficuly, but as i progressed, it became clear that there is no real benefit to it. Eventually you are going to get just too much materials. Expect a lot of tile dancing.
As someone already mentioned, the characters are really good. They are the game's biggest strenght in a way. The characters being older than the usual teenagers from danganronpa made for some really good story beats, it feels slightly more mature than the usual teenager bullshit fare from dg. There is still anime craziness in it, of course, but it is not nearly on dg's level.
The overall story is not much, and the game does not really focus on it too much. Most of the developments come in really late in the game, and to be frank, it was kind of stupid. Did not impair my enjoyment though. The ending was good.
My only wish is that it was not censored, but those are the times we live in.

Will they truly never uncensor this?
It was unironically one of my most anticipated games, and they absolutely fucked it in localization. I HATE that this happened.

What was censored? I bought the JP verison.

The loli's panties

That's it?

This
I bought it because Chunsoft but god is it boring

Ever played Legend of Grimrock?
The gameplay is like that and it does next to nothing to improve it as most of the time you will always do "charge, evade, attack" so I hope you like tile dancing.
The survival elements add little of note to the gameplay while making it 10 times more tedious.
I can guarantee you people who unironically like the gameplay never played a good dungeon crawler before (or maybe just Legend of Grimrock) or are Spike Chunsoft nigger who would literally eat shit as long as it has monokuma on it.

So many good ideas and they fucked it up
Survival mechanics like food are barely noticeable. Ageing barely matters. Getting better items is pointless. The story is just okay.
A pet peeve I have in particular is characters who are dead still appear in cutscenes. It's stupid.

>A pet peeve I have in particular is characters who are dead still appear in cutscenes.
Damn. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. That's pretty sloppy.

Censorship is always immoral, regardless of what degree it's executed to.

That and no child bedroom event cutscenes.

My autism really hated it. They go to the effort of having doors in the dungeons that require all 8 characters to be alive to open, so I thought "cool this ensures consistency" but then for some reason there are cutscenes elsewhere too. The doors being gated by having all characters alive makes no sense whatsoever.

It's a video game, it's not real.

and the boxart

Also there are several anime cutscene events you can find but they require characters to be at a certain age because they didn't draw every combo. This means that you'll never bother to see them because that takes too much time for a stupid event.

As everyone mentioned, it's mediocre, I finished it to see the plot but it wasn't worth it.

I was expecting a base building survival game like Lost in Blue but I was completely wrong. I also put it on the 2nd highest difficulty for a higher item drop rate and was only able to get through most of the game by exploiting the enemy AI's inability to move as fast as you.

Skip this one, it's not Danganronpa.

>What was censored?
vndb.org/r57850
>To ensure a release for the West, content changes will also be included in the localized Steam® (PC) version. To reduce content which could be interpreted as sexualization of characters depicted as minors, the following changes have been made:
*Sachika Bedroom Scene CGIs (In the Japanese release, Sachika's panties are visible. In the Western release, Sachika is wearing pajama bottoms.)
*Sachika CGI in the Opening Scene (In the Japanese release, Sachika's panties are visible. In the Western release, the camera angle has been raised to not show Sachika's panties.)
*Child Rinko Extend Machine CGI (In the Japanese release, Child Rinko covers her chest with her arms. In the Western release, the position of her arms has been adjusted.)
*All “Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed

what got censored?

can you read

fuck snoy

I don't know, it was censored so I didn't buy it.

Any website containing the uncensored versions of these scenes.

I was lucky enough to find an english caption translation of the uncensored split-personality scene in the early game on YT before it got yanked off the site

i think there were some lines that were cut because they could be interpreted as offensive to gays/trannys, and some of the lines were "remodeled" for the west

Then why are you answering?

>split-personality scene
What?

There is a literal list on Chunsoft's site about exactly what was changed and it's not that much.
spike-chunsoft.com/news/zanki-zero-last-beginning-western-release-changes/
West got free swimsuits anyway.

Yeah, apparently Sachika has a “Sachika that everyone forgot” inside her mind.

Mind you, I’ve kinda just left Zanki Zero alone because of the dungeon crawling. Still nice to have that memory, though.

I know about that. That's in the game. What confuses me is why you act like that was censored when it never was.

Not the “other Sachika” but the shot of her lifting her dress was censored. I watched a recording of the Western version of that scene. They moved the camera up.

All that was censored is the picture which you can find online. I don't know what you mean by "lucky".

But arent they mentally adults?

Is this the one about the girls stranded in post apoc akibara?

Has any of the games spike published themselves in west succeeded? There seems to always be some bullshit surrounding their releases

Ok but what are the child bedtime events?
And I'll never ever understand censorship. We have rating for this kind of stuff. Just slap an 18+ rating and leave it be.

Don't understand why they didn't just release the neutered version on snoy while keeping the Steam version untouched like everyone else does.
I've seen shit way worse released on Steam.

Dangan Ronpa is still making them a shitload of money.

The latest danganv3 was still published by NISA, correct? They still haven't published a one from scratch in west.

soon it will be too much work to make 2 versions of every game and everyone will get the neutered version

>Bought the Jap version + art book

Attached: 20190404_101822.jpg (2568x1445, 860K)

>everyone will get the neutered version

Or producers of these type of titles are going to collectively decide no longer to stand for Sony's shit and just drop the PlayStation platform.

Or they're going to pull a South Park and put in overt messages to blame the mess on Sony.

Lol keep dreaming, everyone will follow Squeenix's example and get an ethics department.

Imagine Japanese devs deliberately including material that makes Sony go full 4kids, and sabotage their own support as a result.

The way omega labyrinth handled it was the best