Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't HDMI out just a software thing...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't HDMI out just a software thing? Or does it require it's own connectors and chip on the motherboard? It doesn't make any sense why Nintendo wouldn't keep the fucntionality for the Lite, especially if they decide later on to make a smaller dock for newer Lite models.

Attached: nintendo-switch-lite-is-official-it-will-be-released-in-september-in-three-colors.jpg (800x600, 37K)

to differentiate them more, tomake the OG have more value

I'm pretty sure they removed the docking function from the software side of things because Nintendo doesn't want to deal with people trying to dock their Lite in the original dock where it doesn't quite fit and overheat it.

The original SW didn’t have a HDMI out either. When it was docked, all image/sound data was outputted through the usb-c on the bottom and the dock handled all the rest. If the lite has the same data output capabilities through the usb-c port, it is very much a possibility. However, if that port is current only then there’s jack shit that can be done

If it's purely a software lockout thing, it's guaranteed once the system is hacked there'll be homebrew ways of disabling the lock and letting you use those third party dongles or the dock hardware taken out of the oversized case.

I don't think Nintendo would even try to do something like a simple TV out cable, they'll probably try to bank on double dipping too by tying cloud saves to online subs if someone hates the original Switch's portability as a handheld.

The original Switch's GPU gets overclocked when it's plugged into the dock which enables slightly better graphics at the cost of power consumption (which is irrelevant when docked because it's always plugged in). The Switch Lite probably won't support this overclocking by default and it's possible that they have a cheaper parts inside the Switch Lite that don't need to account for this overclocked mode (such as the fan). It may be possible to hack the Switch Lite to support an external display (assuming the USB C port outputs data as well as being a power input) but depending on how the hardware has been designed it could struggle to achieve the same performance as the original Switch in docked mode.

Listen, you fucking goy cattle subhuman. If you want to play docked with a controller you need to pay $100 more.

Its cause Ninty wants you to buy the switch standard. That's it.
It'd take no time to make a usb c to power+hdmi out cable. That's what USB C is designed for.
>bbbut it'll overheat without the tiny dock fans
So don't raise the clock speeds. Just do a simple video out like any device since 2007 can do.
>bbbbut this triple A game runs in a low resolution in handheld mode itll look bad!
So? The PSP, the fucking PSP had 240p COMPONENT video out ten years ago. Nobody complained then. It's an option.
The only reason is absolutely definitively that Ninty don't want to lose Switch sales to it.
I don't get why it lacks rumble personally. The motors are tiny, and super cheap. Rumble on the switch is awesome in handheld mode, shame to see it gone.

Attached: 1553647190765.jpg (360x440, 113K)

Why the Switch doesn't feature the Nintendo logo? The switch lite looks like a Chinese android handheld, just put the god damm logo at the bottom of the screen or something

>tiny dock fans
what the fuck are you talking about its just a plastic case with a raspberry pi chip

Damn thats funny
I forgot that the dock had no fans because IDIOTS have been saying things like "it will overheat without the dock fans" so much my brain assumed the dock had actual fans.
Wow.

It does, retard.

Yes to have hdmi output you need the ic for digital video output and edid ic blah blah blah

>switch "lite"
>still bulky
>fuckhuge bezels
>720 screen
2019 nintendo, get it together
seriously, 2019

Honestly, a purely portable advice to play the pokemons and mario kart and smash would be pretty good, but looking at preorder prices here in Australia it's going for $330 - but an actual Switch is around $350....

Why wouldn't I just get a normal Switch?

Attached: 1546495110468.jpg (2417x1169, 804K)

I think it has more to do with raw power
The Switch Lite's version of the Tegra chip is specifically designed to run cooler than the vanilla Switch's, on account of the smaller fan and tighter space, so it probably can't handle the higher power that the docked switch requires.

That said, if we ever get to hacking the thing, some crazy hacker is going to software enable docking anyway, and we'll get to see for sure whether the Lite bursts into flames or not

>Why wouldn't I just get a normal Switch?
You absolutely should unless you're a japanese insect who works 16 hours a day and carries his little with him to work.

The smaller console probably won't fit anyway. I imagine the sticks would grinding right against the dock.

Nah, Nintendo intend to do a silent revision of the main Switch that uses the newer chip, it's literally the exact same chip functionality wise, just physically shrunk and more power efficient.

Don't forget about all the dipshit peripherals you'd be required to buy. I think the Switch Lite is meant to be self-contained.

>add HDMI support
>connect console to TV
>no controller to play with

Sounds smart.

Dumbass

>buy switch lite aka switch cuckold edition
>just slightly smaller than the usual switch
>no tv mode
>no removable joycons
>no rumble
>no motion
>console only comes in tranny colors

Attached: 1510577582736.png (466x327, 159K)

Grey is ok i guess, but white buttons are shit. Why the fuck didnt they use normal colors instead of this pastel bullshit?

>no removable joycons
good
>no rumble
good
What faggot still uses rumble? It's the most annoying gimmick.

I dont really notice it anymore. But hd rumble is pretty fuckin neato and i know you agree.

just outputting the image to hdmi wouldn't take any extra power
The regular switch can take more resources when docked for a better image, but you just wouldn't do that, you would just output the handheld image to the screen

It would also leave you with no controller. Dummy.

The dousing effect is very nice in Odyssey and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Blaster Master Zero also used it to the point where it felt strange to play without the rumble.

Losing HD rumble is a major downside, but the biggest deal breaker is still the lack of a docked mode. Nintendo can fuck right off with that one.

hdmi cables and pro controllers exist faggot

>he think the switch lite supports blutooth controllers
Dummy.
>running a 10ft hdmi cord across the room
Mexican.

it does you fucking retard, it says right on the box "pro controller support" and "some games require additional joy cons" you absolutw fag

Nuh uh

Goddamn just buy a real switch

>no removable joycons
>good
I'd rather replace the joycons than the entire console when the control sticks inevitably start drifting