Super Mario Maker 2 - Chill & Shill

Bring me your finest courses.

Masterlist: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo/edit?usp=sharing
Submission Form: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_F2czkwgrdgD4JOqDHixDqAzn2Q1uRqMZcNkzQZnjeaCHmg/viewform

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD-5jX7r3M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dRWGRBqLg8w
youtube.com/watch?v=OF2kBuYRcH0?t=703
youtube.com/watch?v=efmbt-FOgdo
youtube.com/watch?v=gV82GRUn3IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there a way to stop auto scrolling without using the custom scroll? And if you use custom scroll, does it lock the Y axis visibility?

if you have a solid line going perpendicular to the scroll direction, the camera will stop like it would without autoscroll. You can use solid blocks to build part of the wall, and then blow them up using a bob-omb or other methods to resume the scroll.

Danforth Anchor Post

Attached: 840113.jpg (1000x1000, 91K)

>play popular level
>vine gang slope gang little mushroom gang flag gang cloud gang pipe gang jump gang fucking walk gang
explain yourselves zoomers

kids are stupid and think repetition=comedy

Morning fellers. I'll start playing levels from the top of the thread, in the meantime here's my list of levels and a little description.

LTW-JBF-VWG: Malaria- my first level, very easy to beat and a neat little ground section and if that's not your flavor you can just swim under everything

6WC-05Q-GHG: Air Sickness- a vertical sky level, two paths to take. One is fairly easy claw jumping, one is a see saw enemy spam.

VFC-J0W-XXG: Dengue Fever Dreams- A toxic swamp level with a few tough encounters. Going into the treehouse leads underground, where the effects of the fever make things all topsy turvy. Red coins mandatory.

0BN-685-H5G: Bubonic Plague- probably my favorite level that I've made. Avoid an onslaught of moles in the lower path or use claws to jump over them, but beware, they're everywhere. Hop in your grave and try to make it back out.

JDY-NQ0-M1H: Fibrodysplasia Ossificans- A skull shell level with a little tech. Probably my hardest level just because it does require players to know certain aspects of using the skull shell. Red coins mandatory.

79L-640-G3G: The Sniffles- A very basic introduction to some harder tricks. Bomb sliding, bomb elevators, spring and p switch jumps. Each trick needs to be done twice, with an easy version before the harder version.

Attached: OOP.png (455x335, 181K)

thanks user

10H-43R-NPF

Socialized Euthanasia - mario must get money in order to euthanize a sick yoshi. Took me a long time and I'm provd of it.

Couldn't beat it last night, was feeling too tired, now I did it.
Didn't knew about bomb jumps, had to look a tutorial on youtube to beat that part!

Attached: jojo-1096580-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 79K)

Am I autistic to make a whole "game" worth of levels in the SMB 3 theme with 8 worlds and hidden pink coins in each stage? Should I make just random levels like everyone else?

Well you wouldn't be the first.

here's a really easy stage I made for a 7 year old that has no clears and 7 deaths

R79-NVP-X5G

Newest
>Spiny Sands
4QP-GY9-5CG

Best
>Floaty Fortress
RVN-YBQ-2QG

Is there no night theme in the SMB3 theme? Or how do you turn it on?

add a moon

ahh thanks

Good morning, here’s a selection of my levels

Bell Tree Hills [World 1-1] - (Easy difficulty)
- Travel through Bell Tree Hills and see what Super Mario 3D world has to offer
- ID: 04H-FB0-GLG

Piranha Creeper Grove [Hard difficulty]
- Bounce on the piranha creeper’s heads and parkour your way to the goal.
- ID: 974-23K-NHG

Skipsqueak Switch Playground [Hard difficulty]
- Test your platforming skills and parkour your way through the spike blocks and switches.
- ID: 4XQ-F59-4FG

Goombrat Jungle Bungle (Easy difficulty)
- Inspired by the Donkey Kong Country series
- ID: SSC-7Y4-TSG

Ant Trooper Sugar Pyramids (Easy difficulty)
- Ant troopers, desert and sugar. What’s not to love. 3 secret big coins as well. Reminscent of classic Mario with a twist.
- ID: LP7-PYK-7XG

Attached: 12B2102F-8579-4001-AAB5-A049116BF34F.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

anyone else notice that sometimes your data doesn't update properly unless you completely restart the game?
My maker score was stuck at the same amount for over 24 hours (which I knew couldn't be right as I had loads of plays/likes yesterday), rebooting the game finally updated it properly.

Also, since I am already here, gonna post my level again for anyone that missed last thread:
Name: Za Warudo
ID: RMT-TXL-NSG

Attached: hypk5GBi_400x400.jpg (326x326, 23K)

I think you can update it by refreshing the course list.

Rainbow Road Speedrun
9X3-V6Q-HVF
Tried to make one of those speedrun levels but with rainbows spammed in the background

I did that several times and my maker score was still incorrect until I restarted the entire game

I just finished a prison escape themed level.

RYJ-8TM-HLG

Mario has been captured by Bowser and faces execution by a firing squad. However, he managed to sneak in a Dry Bones shell. Use it to escape, release the other prisoners and break out of there!
True ending available if you manage to clear it without dying (w/ red coins).

No plays yet, would love to hear Yea Forums's feedback!

what gives you "maker" points? I uploaded 5 levels so far and got some points but I think the points were added when I played other stages?

likes, and boos make you lose them

You mean red key coins? Why would you hide them?

Hate yourself? Here's a Desert Bus recreation:
>K5H-KY2-LJF
On the off chance one of you left this comment, thanks, I love it

Attached: best compliment.png (740x538, 83K)

Are you the guy who's been talking about this for a week or so? Super excited to finally play it!

it seems you can also lose maker points if people play it and don't like it after a certain threshold

Try out my newest level and lemme know what you guys think:
>Muncher Canyon
T64 - JWK - LBG
It's a fairly short traditional SMW desert level that features drybones, munchers (of course) and bullet bills.

A couple other of my recent levels:
>The Rat Suburbia
NNB - CWJ - BKG
Downtown Ratville - Home. At least it was before I jumped everything up. Standard 3DW underground level.

>The Yoshi Ski Resort
JQJ - H0Q - 3YF
Hop on your favorite dino and slide the slopes! Medium difficulty NSMB winter level, nothing too tough hopefully.

Attached: 1543582650154.jpg (480x480, 58K)

>lemme know what you think
I think you should get a cat, they are cute and funny pets.

Attached: terriahentai.png (637x478, 124K)

That's a fine suggestion, as pets such as these can be cute and indeed funny, but I was referring to what you might think of my new levels o wise user-sama.

Attached: 4c344af3a477e8d29287c5f686d013d2.png (682x600, 390K)

Just beat it. That ending section was tough as nails but I enjoyed it a lot.

Legendary Wario poster here. Hope you enjoy your Warios
Bob-Omb Battlefield
TYR-SFJ-VTF

Bob-Omb Battlefield ~ 100 coins
KKM-VQJ-VTF

Footrace with Koopa the Quick
H8H-XKG-9SF

Attached: HDDKFi2n.jpg (518x800, 509K)

played a couple of your levels, I feel that they're a bit spammy and crowded

make more level already you fuck

help me bros I keep trying to make levels but I always end up not liking what I'm doing or realizing there's no clear direction and I'm just throwing random stuff at the player, which isn't very interesting...

How do you avoid that ? I might be at my 7th scratched level after 30min of creation...

Watch Yamamura's Dojo

limit yourself. See the bar at the top of the editor? limit yourself to only as many objects as the bar can fit (so 12 objects max)

think of a 1 or 2 sentence story then build it using a set group of enemies gimmicks etc

Thanks for your input, I definitely agree with that sentiment afterwards. During creation I tend to get bored doing the same things over and over, so as time goes on I add more things. It helps me keep creation going but afterwards I'm sure on fresh eyes it looks that way.

it's fine to have denser areas, but from a player's point of view (at least in the levels I tried) it felt kind of cluttered from the beginning, it'd be better if you built up to that point throughout the course of the level instead.

Playing peoples levels and drawing Wario takes up most of my time man

Attached: 20190713_134437.jpg (138x74, 15K)

Oh, well... is obvious that you put a lot of effor making levels, they are much better than mine, they are full of details and I like them a lot.
I just play Muncher Canyon and Rat Subirbia so I dunno how the rest will be but these two have been great.
Fun and easy, just like I like levels.

I agree with the other guy the ending section is really hard and also quite tedious to retry as you have to go through over a minute of level to get back there. I ended up quitting after dying a couple of times there because I couldn't be bothered to get back.

I kind of want to make some warioland levels specifically warioland 4 as it's the only one I played don't kill me.

thanks guys

That makes a lot of sense, I'll definitely take that advice moving forward. Thanks for playing!

I have been experimenting with this idea in which you have to choose the difficulty you want to play the level. Someone pointed to me that since clear time is important, the reward for higher difficulty would be the less time you take to finish the course.

I want people to commit to the difficulty so I trick them to be able to do a higher difficulty but not a lower one.

Would love to hear your thoughts guys.

Id: HY0-YV6-01H

If you do play it, thanks in advance!

I like it but I found the middle difficulty the easiest as you can just damage boost and sprint through everything using all the powerups.

Is there a way to front your stages for people to find them or is it just random? I have fuck all when it comes to playthroughs, like 5 plays in a day... It's normal levels too

More popular stages get played more randomly. Post them here and they'll get played randomly alot after Yea Forums plays them.

Those parachuting chomps at the start of the thwomp ride are far too unforgiving - you almost always come out of invulnerability too late, and because it locks your controller, you smash straight into the second one 99% of the time. If you're gonna have a ridiculous difficulty spike like that, adjust the checkpoints so you don't have to play through a minute long corridor beforehand. Just before the thwomp ride, you can get stuck on the drop if you don't activate the i-frames in time, causing you to have to ditch the shell to even be able to die. It's also super annoying to have to kill yourself because you've lost a power-up - maybe it's worth having pipe spawns in more locations (or at all!). Start room is a good idea, but doesn't give you a second to think, is surprisingly easy to destroy the shell, and can be a bit buggy if you land in the area to the right of the thwomp with the 2-state blocks. Also, you can again trap yourself at the bottom of the second room with your only means of escape to be ditching the shell. These things don't increase difficulty, they only increase tedium. There's a surprising difference in how you make the player feel between a trap killing them and making them restart, and a trap forcing them to kill themselves to try again. The latter is not a good feeling.

Making 8 worlds in the SMB 3 format, levels have pink hidden coins in them, some are hard to get even though it's world 1. Can Yea Forums find them?

KX5-0VY-NFG 1-1

YBF-DYL-9DF 1-2

7HW-R97-3KF 1-3

FSG-WT3-NKG 1-4

TLV-DPY-2JG 1-Fort

cats and walls
YXV-8LS-7DF
A short cat challenge I made yesterday with an easy and hard route. please tell me how in the heck people can't seem to clear it.

Really? Huh, will have to do something about that

do u have to reupload a stage if you adjust something in it?

DQK-T5B-3FF
Was playing this since I liked the guy's other levels, HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THE JUMP PAST THE CHECKPOINT? No wonder the world record manages to be 11 fucking minutes (the course timer is only 8 minutes, by the way). I know he at least lurks here so explain this faggot.

yes

i made an adjustment and it says level already uploaded when I try to upload it again with adjustments, will I need to delete the old one?

Yeah delete the old on then upload the new one.

NEW STAGE!
2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! C3X-W5Y-RIH
Defeat the Koopa Cousins in their Tower of Tragedy and destroy their malicious machines!

Bit Crusade 3 is the sequel to the two full games (1-1 to 8-4) I created within Mario Maker 1, reminiscent of traditional Mario levels, and (eventually) utilizing all 5 game styles. Meant to be played in sequence as an adventure game, starting at the 1-1. There's secrets to find, alternative pathways and other goodies as well. Try to find all 5 Power Pepperonis hidden in each stage to access the super secret bonus room at the end of each level.

You can start here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Or if you've been keeping up, the current world:
2-1: DoubleJump Dunes 5HF-BVH-2JF
2-2: Cloud Town GT6-3MG-SYG
2-3: Pipe Mill Plaza 4VM-N1M-83G
2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! C3X-W5Y-RIH

Give em a go, I'm usually pretty good about leaving feedback here and on the game itself. Reply to this with some stages you want played and I'll prioritize those, otherwise I pick through the thread at random. If you complete the entire first world reply to this with what you thought or anything you find that's busted and I'll play all your levels, and if I find one I really like I'll make a webm of part of it to showcase it.

Swag, World 2 complete, gonna play some thread levels for the next few hours starting at the top and working my way down.

No, I'm essentially doing the same thing but I'm doing it with all 5 game styles and I like to feel a sense of progression over the course of several stages. I'll gladly give them a go if you make them.

Yes, even if its something as mundane as moving a block 1 space over. Kinda annoying, game needs a beta test mode so you can share with buddies before you upload would cut down on bugfixes and softlocks immensely

And yes to this too, gotta axe the old one

Attached: 1562973656193.gif (140x260, 233K)

>Smobbins claimed the world-record time for... x50

Thanks, I'll try yours. Mine might be considered a bit primitive. Trying to get atleast somewhat of a SMB3 feel with more "normal" levels.

Shilling my newest stage again:
Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
You have to gather items for the villagers to be rewarded with Coins to finish the level

Other Stages:
Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G
The name says it all

Trees and Hop-chops: NN4-BLK-7WF
A random stage made with Co-op stage builder for fun

Drop me some of your stages to try below

Attached: Desert Quest.jpg (1200x675, 125K)

>the reward for higher difficulty would be the less time you take to finish the course.
I've was wondering how well this holds up so I tried finishing all routes to see how they stack up in terms of time to beat.
I can get through the easy and hard routes in about 13 seconds. The hard route does take me less time, but not by much. It's faster by about half a second.
Normal mode on the other hand takes me about 20 seconds to complete. Also, as the other user said you can just damage boost your way to victory.
This is just what I've experienced so it might be all wrong for all I know.

That said, I like the idea of the course though so I hope you keep working on it.

>tfw you die to the first goomba/koopa on the stage

CC2-LBJ-XSF - Mario Goes Shopping

Played these and left some dumb drawings on em, all great stages, keep making cool levels anons!

A couple levels I tweaked and made better for players. Removed the tedium at the end of Trees 'n Bees and revamped a lot of my well level to be less cheap. Reminder that you can grab the moon to clear enemies.

>Trees ‘n Bees
6R3 - YP6 - NNG
Short vertical 3DW level featuring bees... and trees. Fairly low on the difficulty scale I think, features lots of fun but fair enemy bopping jumps.

>Lost in the Well
XBH - 72S - QFF
A very short themed level where Mario has to retrieve his house keys that he accidentally dropped in the well. He needs to get them back before his favorite TV show starts or else he’ll be upset.

Attached: 1478329433218.png (1160x884, 152K)

if I move left, right, up or down and I get killed by an off-screen enemy, or a projectile coming off the side of the screen, I will boo your course

Attached: skipnboo.jpg (500x500, 32K)

shilling it again from last thread:
59D - PFS - V0H
Multiplayer Mario Kart Level that took way too much effort. I kinda ran out of steam and ideas by the end of it but I still think it's solid

Attached: killing it.jpg (196x279, 23K)

>shilling a level with over a hundred plays
bruh

well I made it like a week or two ago and it's muliplayer versus so it probably got played in online a few times

Am I too stingy with likes?
I play lots of courses in the "new courses" tab and only rarely give out a like. Most of them are just junk.

Desert stage was cool, a nonlinear stage that didn't go too crazy. I've already played that temple before so I guess I play the other one too now.

I like almost every course from Yea Forums but its extremely rare that I like a course in endless or the new tab because they are mostly putrid shit.

courses on Yea Forums have to be good if you don't want to get laughed at, don't bother with the new tab unless you want to farm world records

Yeah same. The average course quality on Yea Forums is much higher.

I like anything resembling a decent,playable level.

I've had a similar experiences. My rule is simple, if I had fun = Like, if there was anything from my bullshit checklist (sniper thwomp, extreme enemy spam, purposeful softllocks, kaizo blocks) = Dislike

If there's a milly! in this thread, thanks bro for liking and playing all my stages.

They seem to be one of the very few people who do actually go through all of someone's stages.

Yeah, Milly! is a bro and makes some pretty clever stages themselves

Another dumb level, but hey! I made a custom thumbnail this time!

Attached: D_ToguRXUAAiekV.png large.png (813x518, 212K)

1DK-8NB-LXG

Puzzle level I spent hours on. It's a little difficult but you can do it, right user?

based but you should've used a pizza hut logo because mario's italian

Nah I don't like puzzle levels

I fixed my Flappy Bird level and made it using the cape powerup, following an user's suggestion: RKJ-WR2-FQG

Any more feedback would be appreciated

no problem they were fun

I tried your stage, holy fuck is it hard. Gave it a like but couldn't finish it, died in the lift section over and over where the magikoopa spammed blocks

Why do people complain about jap levels? Sure, they're bullshit, but at least they're playtested. Shitty jap levels are just hard, shitty american levels are only hard because of poor level design.

Thanks, that level is quite RNG based so it can be pretty easy if the genie gives you lots of mushrooms or super hard if he makes enemies when you need to duck. The last section is also much easier if you manage to keep your fireflower. its probably my easiest level though

The magikoopa gave me a bunch of red koopas who wouldn't fall off ofcourse

>kaizo block immediately at the beginning over the first pit right next to the start

instant boo&skip

The battleship was easier in my experience.

The stage has some decent ideas, but it can be pretty annoying having to kill yourself after losing your only shell.
Being softlocked if you don't switch the switch to blue at the bob-omb section is also pretty annoying since you don't know beforehand until you cross the lava sea, and at that point it is too late to switch back if you die, since the way back closes behind you.
Having to redo everything over for losing the key is tough, but i guess i have to blame myself for that. At least i got to see the Yatta!

kek

Lol, getting buzzies is probably the worst though since they can't be killed with your fireballs
That one has only got a 3% clear rate but the Djinn has 10%. I think the start section of the battleship acts as a sort of pleb filter and then its not too difficult. Thanks for playing it.

nationality means nothing when it comes to Endless

all random levels are created equal

except there are no good French levels

Attached: 1562139101544.jpg (1024x566, 70K)

>tfw no one beats it

is it really that hard?

As the user who made the Ants n Plants stage, i really appreciate your Trees n Bees, it's really fun and feels like a proper level.
But how are you supposed to break the hard bricks? Is there a hidden builder mario somewhere?

I have seven courses. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit easy Bowser fight.

The Fall of K-2L
WMJ-T66-41G
A level themed after the Space Pirate raid of Samus Aran's mining home colony.

I've been slowly going through your levels and they tend to be pretty high quality. Sometimes they go a little too far though like the sky castle and that water level.

Nevermind, found it. It's really fun to replay the level for the alternate route

Glad you like it!
And yes there is, if you grab the mushroom from the first part and don't get hit, there's a hammer in the first left tree in the course. There are a few of these hidden about in trees, but you're only rewarded with them if you're big mario already.
It's to incentivize not taking damage and exploring, and there are a good bit of secrets that require the builder suit (plus it opens up a faster route for speedrunners too).

Thanks alot! Yeah Atlantean ruins I only keep up because it was my first level so I'm quite fond of it despite being quite tedious and hard the 2nd green pipe is a secret and despawns the fish if you get that far. Sky castle was initially alot easier but I got a lot of feedback saying it was too easy so I think I went a bit too far with it in response.

Anyone?

I'm the only one that is sad by the fact that you cannot like comments and drawings on your levels?

Attached: D_XEgT4UwAE4iRF.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

yeah its annoying. the only way to show appreciation is by thanking them in the thread.

I have tried it a bit and one problem is that when you see the next pipe, it is already way too late to react, so you have to try and error it constantly.

fair enough, thank you

based fucking Mondo

Been playing these, really digging them. Strange fascination with disease and biology but the levels themselves are pretty fun, think this ones my favorite so far.

Attached: Dengue Fever Dreams.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Beat the shoe and fleet ones. I had fun for the most part but the second boot level was way weaker than the other two.

thanks for your plays/likes minihilly, returning the favor! Your 2-1 hidden door at the end was a mindfuck for me, didn't see it but the comment from someone pointed it out

Hey, thank you so much! I'm a pathologist for my day job, so instead of being stuck trying to figure out names for things I just pick a disease and try to get a theme going for a level.

Hey, anons. Here are my levels. Feedback much appreciated!

NEW LEVELS:
>The Netherglades
>CHN-0YS-8MG
Standard platforming level with fluctuating poison depth. Branching path to reach the end. Tried hard to make the main path aesthetic and feel Mario-ish. The branching path is some bullshit, though, so be ready for that.
>Lava Surf
>BCS-KNB-FPG
Short level mainly built so that I could test the mechanics of the drybones shell. Probably my least favorite of the bunch.
>Mushroom Kingdom Tournament
>4XN-SPN-CGG
Colosseum-themed boss rush level in the desert.

OLD LEVELS:
>The Haunted Armada
>QTG-2SQ-8HF
Nighttime airship level with some difficult cannon sections but fairly standard platforming. Bonus door locked behind red coins; finding all of the coins is TOUGH (at least, it was designed to be).
>In a Hurry
>6R5-SL0-5YG
Silly, short speedrun level with a limited timer and nonlethal obstacles. Reach the end before the time expires.
>Raiding Drybones Keep
>8GN-0RX-62H
Very difficult platforming level. Desert night, so wind makes jumps especially tricky. My favorite that I've made.
>Galoomba Infestation
>N42-37L-7KG
There are too many galoombas, and it's your job to exterminate them. Kill 40 to beat the level. On/off blocks, fluctuating water level, and puzzle elements.

Attached: Super-Mario-Maker-2.jpg (1024x683, 82K)

Couple levels

5NB-HLS-M6G

Potted ghost boss fight from YI. Just a little bit longer. Thought it would be fun.

2CL-75V-Q4G

Mario keeps monsters in his basement for murder and torture. End them of their misery. Pacifist route is also possible but tricky.

I wholeheartedly agree. Least favorite of all my levels. Thanks for trying them though.

Can someone fill me in on Ryukahr? I don't even play the game but I've watched his videos and they were pretty entertaining and he seemed like a fairly decent player too. But at the same time when I randomly stumbled upon some videos of Penga and BarbarousKing they were both memeing about Ryukahr being the greatest player ever and beating kaizo levels before they are even uploaded, etc.

Is he actually garbage or are they just salty he gets more views on youtube?

>e-celebs

Attached: 1506015577107.gif (200x200, 948K)

I'm pretty sure they're all part of that smw guys friend circle.

How do I make a good level?

Attached: 1528829067134.jpg (1326x1517, 869K)

invisible block in jump path
as many enemies per screen as you can (prefereably throwing projectiles)
lots of sound effects for maximum fun

That branching path got the best of me and a lot of weird situations happened during my attempts at it. Overall a nice level, I'll try a few others now.

Okay, so because using the cape for the flappy bird level was apparently quite unfair, I just reuploaded the easier version instead:

YNV-640-X5G

Just gonna leave it like this, I would prefer if most people got a chance to clear it. Have fun.

I think I finally made a good level, I hope you like it: PQ1-XL0-4DG
I have a ot of fun making the layout an adding lore

so when is the event where the bokuben author makes levels and the characters get their own sprites?

Attached: 1525716208884s.jpg (125x103, 2K)

you really need to stop with those around-the-ledge claw jumps, they were all over the level and are annoying to to do. Other than that, pretty good. I liked the use of the angry sun in a chase/boss sequence.

watch the maker tutorials.

Crush Dungeon
ML7-8N7-XHF

Lost In The Cavern's Depths
DGF-H0B-TNF

Leftward Bound!
2KW-J8D-GHG

Down The Poison Well
149-S35-4WF

Here are my 4 shitty levels

You've got some interesting ideas but you really should tone it down.

tried 1-1 and the castle.
castle was really good but 1-1 felt a bit short.
where the fuck was the last red coin in 1-1?

The Netherglades is a pretty fun stage.
Currently trying The Haunted Armada, but it's pretty tough.
Waiting for the slow motion Bob-Ombs can get tedious, though.

I want to add fire flowers and feathers to question blocks but still have them give only a mushroom if you're small mario. Is this possible? They spit out the fire flower regardless

This felt really satisfying to play. Some people might drop it for being too long though, maybe a 2nd checkpoint. Congratulations on the design.

Crush dungeon is a nice idea but i think it needs rework because its all over.

Please check mine if you have a chance

It's hidden

This is actually what happens in any well-designed level. You can take it slow and stay safe, or take a riskier route going as fast as possible to get a reward in the form of a shortcut, powerups or a one up. The trick is to combine all paths into a single one that lets experienced players rush and beginners carefully advance. You should check out NSMB to see how Nintendo plans for speedrunners.

Played each of the numbered stages, nice set of standard levels you have there. The castle was by far the best.

Tap and hold them, and select the mushroom icon in the menu bar that pops up.

>79L-640-G3G
How do you do this? I'm stuck at the first checkpoint

>Chill

NO! YOU FUCKERS FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SNAKE BLOCK SHIT FUCKING FAGS! I'LL BOO ALL SNAKE BLOCK COURSES

You add a mushroom to a fire flower by holding down like the other user said or just dragging a mushroom on top of it

>>Chill
???

Fresh off the presses, it's the latest dank meme, now in Mario Maker form! Use your Naruto run to outrun the bullets, take advanced experimental aircraft for a joyride, and go see them aliens! Now presenting:
>Storm Area 51
>3C8-4B0-VXF

Snow Fields, Fire Plants - PTD-3KL-6WF
Thwomp Desert - 7NT-PHW-3DG
Toxic Treeway: YF8-32R-SGF
Grindflower Garden: K5R-72N-GMG
Spooky Scrolling: KCG-5N2-0RG
Uno Mas: Freeze!: QCK-7QL-CLG
Long Chomp Romp: DXS-HFH-KFF
Icy Ascent: MCN-NJ7-RWG

This is in order of creation. Icy ascent is my best made course, Grindflower garden is my highest rated.

>The castle was by far the best.
I know and it actually bugs the shit outta me as I don't think I'll top it

Yeah, I will keep working on it! Have to fix those little things. Didn't think about the damage boost when I did it. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you very much user!

I remember I saw a mini doc about the introduction, execution and development of a concept, Nintendo do pretty neat stuff. I will check it out, thanks for your feedback user!

>Uno Mas: Freeze!: QCK-7QL-CLG
Did Nintendo kill that one?

He's really fucking good. His career highlight is probably the time he beat the final boss of Kaizo Mario World 3 with just 70 minutes of grinding attempts. Before that happened, a victory after 9 hours of grinding the boss was considered fast.

I really wish they'll bring back 100 Mario in a future update. Endless Challenge is soulless as shit. You get zero satisfaction from playing it unless you're a complete autismo who gives a shit about the leaderboard, and at that point it becomes a chore playing the game instead of playing it for fun. I want structure back. I want completion back. I want soul back.

Because of that, I will make my levels even more hellish

It's still WAY too early to be saying stuff like that. They might even throw some updates to this game that will let you do even cooler things.

eh, I guess I was better at castle levels in SMM1 as well but damn is it hard to come up with new ideas. The fact one of my levels is so well received just puts more pressure to keep that standard; I tried all sorts of junk for 2-1 before settling with something that felt just adequate.

Maybe it'll get easier to design when the challenge ramps up for the later worlds, I heavily gimp these levels atm as they're intended to be easy still.

I am so sorry for tanking the clear rate on that dude's cat suit course, you know who you are - I left a comment on it. Apparently I suck at cat mario physics.

Oops, got the code wrong. Turns out it's QCK-7Q9-CLG

>0% completions still
Feels bad man, someone please:

-SUK-MUH-D1K

Attached: me mario.jpg (210x240, 17K)

Hard route is hard dude it's fine. It is faster than the easy route though, current record holder beat hard route and my clear is 4 seconds better.

hilarious and original

I'm a world record fag, should I feel bad about lowering the clear rate on an otherwise pretty easy level just so that I can autistically optimize a speedrun of it with dozens of failed attempts?

No, you should feel bad for wasting your time trying to be competitive in something that has no competition.

guess it's shorter than it looked, I didn't get far. Gunna have to practice cat mario pouncing and pounce-cancels.

Yeah it's just a short challenge made in not a lot of time, I'd like to make a full, more visually appealing cat level someday. Thanks for playing all my levels by the way.

It does suck that there isn't a tracker for number of world records on your maker profile. I just don't want to bum out the level creator that their course is getting lowered because of my autism. Afraid they'll think their level is flawed.

can you control how background objects are formed/laid out? I have bushes growing where people might think there is land below but its just a death for anyone who jumps down there, I want to get rid of the background bushes

>play level
>its meh
>figure that someone took time and effort to make it
>feel bad for them
>give heart anyway
>tfw
is this what being a cuckold feels like?

Attached: 1533816826376.jpg (332x452, 91K)

is there any way to keep locked doors that you have unlocked still unlocked when you get to a checkpoint?

You can drag the background elements attached to the block underneath with the block. You can use that to move and copy them exactly where you want them to be.

Why do I always get shit like this in endless expert?

DN6-6XM-WLG

no prob your levels were pretty good, wasn't as keen on a couple of them so I did not leave a like on them all, but most of it was good stuff.

THERE ARE TOO MANY GANGS IN THIS GAME

Posted this a couple of days ago and made some minor tweaks to it since then
WRV 1Q7 9VG

better you leave actual likes than to just push the button each level. I prefer actual feedback to that like4like nonsense.

Damn, I wish I had thought of this for my Stardust Crusaders level.

Two I made but never shilled:

Gelatin Jungle (SMW)
G9B-HGS-CHG
>Jungle themed level where you reach a fork in the middle with a few paths, each one is locked behind being Super Mario, having Yoshi, or neither. You can loop around and take each route, or continue on to the end. However to reach the true goal you need to be Super Mario and have Yoshi.

Freeze-Easy Climb (NSMB)
5GP-GG4-80H
>Slight homage to Freezeezy Peak, navigate a nighttime snow level with simulated verticality, and a vertical sub area that scrolls. You regularly jump between the main and sub area. A long level with two checkpoints.

Older levels I already shilled, but may as well repost:

Up, Down and Across (SMB3)
S2B-6LV-FVF

Flipping Red Coins (3DW)
QYB-T37-FTG

>just hit 1000 makey points
i owe nearly all of it to you guys. love you all

Attached: 1466393449133.jpg (320x375, 18K)

>tfw so close to 7000
I really want that chicken hoodie

is there any way to make an smb boom boom fight interesting?

wings

>is there any way to make a [2d mario boss] fight interesting?
no

You're supporting someone who puts effort into his stages.
With enough time that person will make actually good level with soul

Minesweeper (beginner difficulty)
5N2-P53-YDG
Cape based SMW level
02V-MBJ-RHF
Standard SMB castle
B9Y-BKT-C2G
POW block trick jump
TBS-T7T-T1G
Icicle trick jump (very hard)
5V9-YVD-XJF
Weird single jump trick level
69L-B0Y-8QF

Attached: minesweeper.jpg (1200x630, 267K)

Revised levels after feedback. I am making 8 worlds with around 6-10 stages in each world. All stages have atleast 1 pink coin to find, most stages have several and some of them are very hard to find. Difficulty of these levels is like 2/5 since it's world 1 but the coins can be tricky. Can Yea Forums find all the hidden coins?

World 1:

1-1 New beginnings
WFY-YDL-T1H

1-2 Buzzy Problems
3FM-9SF-DQG

1-3 Tasty platforms
YDN-KDT-GHF

1-4 Fish in the sky
P8L-B7Q-Y1G

1-[F] A kind start
C11-8J6 -PTF

1-5 work in progress

All feedback welcome, if you want me to try your levels and give a like, let me know.

Attached: 25991269128621.jpg (684x1000, 167K)

I'm making a series of levels based around the goomba's shoe and set in SMB3 style. My plan is to eventually make one for each theme for a total of 10 levels. (Which, by the way, if anybody has any good ideas for an underwater shoe level, hit me up.)

Shoenanigans: Chapter II (hot off the presses)
HHW-GXT-GVF

Shoenanigans: Chapter I
425-PDD-2SF

Attached: shoenanigans.jpg (149x143, 6K)

Is spin jumping on enemies that can't be stomped a mechanic that is ever required in normal mario games?

Did my first stage, kind of a puzzle.
WPY-Y1S-PXG

Attached: images (5).jpg (480x480, 25K)

Hell yeah. Good shit. I made some levels that feature the shoe as well though not in the same style you did.

Liked and followed though. I look forward to more. Also, if you care, that Supper Mario Broth dude was asking for levels with the shoe to feature somewhere. You probably already knew that though.

Yeah, the branching path is meant to be weird and chaotic, since the main portion of the level is pretty curated. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though! Thanks!
Thanks, user! The Haunted Armada is pretty tough. Are you going for the red coins? It's way harder if you go for the red coins, but then you also get the satisfaction of having figured out how to get the red coins.

WW4-FQF-FVF

A quick climb to the top. Not too difficult imo

levels repost
2R6-6M3-J8G Speedrun level. Experimenting with some things.

82J-TCV-72G golden sun tribute, needs some adjustment.

BCQ-46G-Y6G escape from piranha castle. Nice scroller.

46R-H3T-5KG troll level. Just frustrating

213-B5Q-DFG haunted challenge, collect the coins from the challenges and beat the boss. Still unbeaten

G9L-PRJ-KPF bomb-omb puzzels.
Use the bombs to clear a path.

9BX-767-6MG haunted challenge 2: escaperoom. The haunted mansion wants his revenge. Still unbeaten

Y6K-PSJ-SWG poison chase. Alot of poison mushrooms.

PGC-CQG-PXG Monster hunter mode. Kill a the monsters and take your bounty. NEW

Any of y'all got any good swimming levels for someone stuck in a hurricane?

Attached: louisiana.jpg (1600x1200, 311K)

I managed to get all of the red coins. It's pretty tricky for some of them.
Getting them is kind of pointless, considering how many coins you get in the freefall secion, but i guess collecting them all is a reward in itself.
Also got myself the WR for now!

Yeah, I wasn't sure what else to really put in the reward room. I figured the extra lives from coins might feel the most reward-ish, beyond the satisfaction of figuring stuff out. But thanks for playing, user! Glad you enjoyed it, and congrats on the record.

My first level ever. Delve deep into this here pyramid and collect the five red key coins to unlock the secret of the tomb.

Tomb of the Koopa King
58Q-GCC-WFF

Enjoy.

Attached: download (7).jpg (398x360, 31K)

I'll check it out later.I hope there's a giant Dry Bones in a tomb-like area guarding at least one coin.

I just finished making a level based on this gimmicky thing. I tried to make it medium/hard difficulty, but it's hard for me to judge the difficulty when I know all the obstacles. Feedback would be appreciated.

MPH-1MJ-JTG

Attached: q0TvkBdHwG6ZGfBK.webm (960x540, 1.12M)

A lot of waiting for things like burners, snake blocks, and koopas

Fun level of challenge and all around solid course. Very impressive for your first course user much better than my first! The hieroglyphics blocks was a creative touch too.

For future courses though I suggest not having any enemy spawns near checkpoints though, on that course the koopas spawn 2 steps from the checkpoint. Also a nitpick, you could be a bit more focused in your challenges and limit yourself to just 1-2 gimmicks (e.g. On/off blocks, dusty shell,) and 2 or so enemy types and the personality of the level would be even stronger. For example if the goombas at the beginning were all Dry Bones it would have made the tomb feeling stronger.

Wow. Super cool idea! None of it was too tough, and the music cue in the last segment was a refreshingly appropriate and tasteful use of an oft annoying feature. I got a first clear and thus a world record, but I expect that to be taken within minutes because this one is going to be fun to perfect. Excellent work.

Post bad levels
I have this weird thing where I kind of love bad levels, I know they are bad, but there is a level of hilarity that comes with how bad they are.
This one is called 'Fun Fight'
23Q-Y01-K6G

This was awesome its like lots of mini speedruns.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
Wasnt sure if having too many koopas coming out could get too overwhelming so I went with less, Ill keep that in mind!
And yeah I agree with the snake, I probably shouldve done something different there. Thanks for playing!

DIFFICULT COURSES COMING THROUGH
the underwater gauntlet
>3TW-G8Q-5DG
my newest course. beat it if you dare

taking a stroll in the desert
>CSL-HXG-RWF
still no clears after 10 days

spooky athletic
>X8B-123-6KF
the easiest and most standard of the 3. collect all 3 big coins.

Attached: 1559866961696.png (1010x565, 1.02M)

This was really fun!

Posting this one again - ended up doing yard work today so still haven't finished new one! Clear rate is still at wimpy 6%

>Para-Beetle Poachers
Level ID: X4N-97Y-NHF

Attached: ppara.png (313x291, 114K)

It's a very cool idea.

My one question - did I miss a pow block somewhere or is that a forced hit on the piranha plants?

You can kill enemies like piranha plants by sliding down slopes

>all those bosses in one spot
>you don't even need to fight them
My favorite bad level design practice.

Oh I didn't realize that worked on piranha plants. Nevermind then.

>the secrets you can obtain by using tanooki mario

Attached: 1512232966124.gif (270x270, 930K)

Chapter I was really fun, but I managed to softlock myself as big Mario in the end section over the spikes.

Any and all feedback is appreciated, don’t hold back if there’s something wrong with a level.

NEW

Ant Trooper Badlands Crawl
YJS-0CF-G7G
>This level is based around what I think is some fairly challenging platforming since that seems to be what 3D World is best for. I wish there was more to this level thematically but there isn’t a ton you can do to make levels pretty.
Ancient Whirlpool Temple
SJK-24J-SMG
>This isn’t too long a level since water levels in Mario tend to drag if they go on for too long. It’s all about using the whirlpools to dodge enemies in some cases, and avoiding them to avoid getting pushed into enemies or spikes in others.
Wigglerbush Garden Trek
BK5-0FJ-LFF
>This is a much more simple and casual stage than the past few stages I’ve created, and is the 1-2 of the campaign I’m cobbling together. I tried to use the NSMBU ground theme in a way that somewhat detracts from the generic feel of this theme in particular, so I went for a garden theme instead of a regular ground stage.

OLDER LEVELS

>Bowser’s Sky Thwomp Fortress!
BC2-G4S-TBG
>Desert Chomplex
F18-4VF-54G
>Overgrown Mushroom Cloudtops
9YP-PFS-6QF
>Dry Fish Sewers
FWH-10N-8WG
>Bounce and Swing Jungle
STM-RKD-M9G
>Dreamy Sandship Dunes
7N5-Y6V-1TG

Attached: 9F3B3CCF-30CC-45C0-B26D-3A90C23F6E64.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

I never do optional challenges. If you want to do that just make a more difficult level.

Easy is the worst endless mode by far. I don't even know what I expected.

you don't like those endless nsmb auto-mario levels jap kids keep making?

I dunno man, the whole concept of that entire level is so fucking obnoxious. "If you miss this really difficult jump, I'm going to send you backwards in the level into a tedious area where you have to complete some time consumptive tasks so you can die and be sent back to the checkpoint." Fuck that, man. My guess is that you have to do a spin jump with perfect timing. Can you do it while crouched? I could only make it to the top as small Mario, and then quit cause it was fucking obnoxious.

Pick-A-Path Palace
A very simply level, traditional castle with the gimmick of the switch changing the path you take, I honestly didn’t use the gimmick enough but I ran out of room and I used too many bullet bills in the sub world :|
RCW-XSJ-GLG

Based on death locations hardly anyone seems to have discovered that or noticed the more challenging lower path to the board the ship.

Thanks for checking it out my man.

Attached: parabeetle.jpg (128x128, 5K)

Here's one for the Vinesauce fans out there.

Attached: thumbp.png (815x435, 86K)

That would have been nice...

Thank you! Great critique - all definitely noted. Appreciate the feedback, user.

Thanks anons, you make all the effort worth it. I'll be sure to give your levels a try too.

>hasnt found the dev passage

Well, now that I'm testing that section again I realize it is actually horribly designed if you do make it that far with the mushroom. Shouldn't be possible to truly softlock yourself but you're actually kinda screwed if you do have a mushroom.

Much appreciated.

Attached: 1345964590423.jpg (380x397, 30K)

>still no clears after 10 days

Not anymore. And I'm shocked that despite being challenging it was actually fun because it was centered on - get this - the main feature of a damn Mario game.

1-1: Launch and Attack
DGP-YP6-59G
I should have a sequel for this one finished tomorrow. Hopefully.

Secret Lab of the Mole People
40X-79M-6NF

Oh wait I see the softlock now too. Shit. Okay.

good job, bro. I'm proud of you.

Thank you, thank you. Felt good, man. Going to get that water one eventually too. Just wasn't in the mood for the slower vibe right this second.

2/3
Keep messing up the timing in the desert.

>Place exact number of coins needed for clear condition
>add impossible one offscreen
>player thinks some coins are optional

New Meat Boy from yours truly. This is my favorite one yet, I feel like it plays really well as a speedrun.
5SB-XH5-88G
A recreation of this level: m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD-5jX7r3M

Here's a secret: you save a second if, on the very first jump, you wall jump off of the next floor instead of crossing to the other side normally. There are a few more spots where you can save a second or two like this one.

Attached: 63818461.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Oh, and get the first clear on this recreation... surprised no one has yet.
WRS-BKB-3NF
The layout: m.youtube.com/watch?v=dRWGRBqLg8w

what the fuck man
>player can't backtrack either

Attached: 1556665295478.jpg (631x616, 165K)

Can someone tell me how this guy got the Bob-Omb to stand still in this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=OF2kBuYRcH0?t=703

At 11:43, there's a Bob-Omb just standing there. Menacingly. I want to know how he got it to not move. I don't see a track or a twister or anything.

Attached: 1408825031656.jpg (1024x1280, 1.03M)

stacked on a mole probably

>5LT-57T-PFG

Third (and hopefully final) version of my Ant Trooper based, traditional level, this time replacing a few chunks of the level I wasn't happy with.

Please give it a try if you feel like it, I tried to make it similar to a real Mario level, though it's pretty long, keep that in mind. Feedback is welcome.

Attached: 1549335175798.png (1507x2311, 2.64M)

I made a 3d world level based on falling objects. It's fairly long but has 2 checkpoints and multiple power ups so it won't get tedious.

7R5-NBY-TPF

Any word if Nintendo will ever add a 'world' maker so I can actually just 'make' a Mario game with a progressive difficulty instead of a series of disconnected one-off stages?

Fun little "celebration" level. You can get some nice bounces going and just grab all that good shit. Though I did come out of one pipe straight into a black fire piranha plant. Would suck if I had been small at the time.

It's called lunar magic

YBR C28 2FG
Just finished my newest level. I made another level based on a Banjo kazzoie world, this time it is Mad Monster Mansion. You have to collect the ten jiggies while revisiting various places like the organ in the church, the Mansion, the ouija board or the maze in the garden.

TH4 VC9 3JF
My last Banjo level based on Freezeezy Peak.

Attached: EBB9A733-4213-4513-A5EF-96CA5B39A2DD.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

If your level has 0 plays reply to me and I'll play it

Noob here. Is there a way to scroll the screen with the joycons vs. having to drag the cursor to the edge of the screen? I know there's the lower-bar thing but that doesn't help with quicker vertical panning.

These controls in general are a pain. Where's the grid-snap option ffs? Why can't I use d-pad instead of analog for placement.

it is no answer to your question, but holding Y makes the cursor quicker.

It’s still unplayed

Anyone looking for a boss rush level?

CMX-9LW-RGF

I swear This! Is the last boss!

Attached: download.png (264x191, 11K)

fastest way to scroll the screen is in handheld mode - pressing 2 fingers on screen then swiping will scroll quicker than any other option.

I like it, user. It's much more cohesive and interesting than the first version I played. Getting rid of the bullet bill / shell part was a good idea.

Thoughts on this level? I'm not really feeling it, so I might scrap it completely.

Attached: toadette goes spelunking.webm (720x404, 2.81M)

If you scrap it i'll just steal the concept eventually

looks cool in the webm but I'd probably die 50 times before doing that once

i'd go spelunking with toadette if you get what i mean

Requires a lot of foreknowledge of things that aren't on-screen yet, which isn't great.

This

looks fun

made a bunch of SMW vanilla like levels
they're easy to medium you should be able to beat those

(1-1)
LHG-DGW-WPF
>easy opener with a secret shortcut

(1-2)
NJL-B40-C1H
>smw vanilla themed underground level with 1checkpoint

(1-3)
QK4-3XC-VVF
>realy short underwater section to enter a castle with 2 checkpoints and a little boss fight

(2-1)
QYX-0Q7-LWG
>starting in a desert level and entering a small ghost house in the hills with 1 checkpoint

(2-2)
LTK-1FH-RRG
>desert night time gimmick use the wind to win

(2-2) bonus stage
BHV-9Q7-SRG
>just a short section to train to shelljump

(2-3)
VRL-MH2-38G
>vertical level with low gravity

there is also a smw night time airship with like 1% clear rate if you want so suffer pick up this pussy

QMP-PC4-7WG

feedback appreciated

Attached: 1561745475011.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

i played your airship just to get baited in a castle
it was pretty good tho

Attached: 1562982684960.jpg (2048x2416, 445K)

>sub level stream
>watching people pay 5 dollars for a chance to be told their level is horrible

>Blooper Surfing Safari
ID: RRP-VXK-65G

I recreated Ricco Harbor the best I could and the secret box with the surfing bloopers. When you get to the second pipe, do not move.

Please leave criticism if you have any and thanks for playing it.

Attached: images (18).jpg (480x360, 34K)

I hate "speedrun" levels so god damn much

I wish there was a way to veto them out of endless

Winter Slops Galore!
Y2H-71G-MGG

Pro Gamer Test
NVW-4LR-MCG

Banzai Bill Barrage!
6H9-VCT-9NG

Mario Souls
L5P-BJ0-TBG

>streamer has to pretend the level is good

Attached: 1562460571066.png (192x192, 85K)

yeah 99% of super expert is just shitty speedruns that require foreknowledge or trial and error.

>500 minutes later
>still no answers

How to unlike level?

Sorry dude.
I tried my hand at this level and I ended up sharing the same opinion as this guy so I never finished it.

I made a new course!

Klondike Gold Rush:
WP5-74X-RTF

It's kind of a retread of my first course, but I think it's fun
Tell me what you think, or if there's any problems

Attached: 1556757974980.png (512x448, 12K)

I wonder what the creator has to say. I know he posts here.

>add auto-scroll functionality
>can't add functionality which is "If Mario is within this space, limit the camera to not scroll beyond that space"
Really hate that I have to cave-in every screen I want to remain static. Can't do "running along the top of the map" like M1-2 without having vertical scrolling get in the way.

Alright Yea Forumsros, here's my new level. It's called Happy Yoshi Village. It's tough, but very fair, two checkpoints and no BS. Just fun times. Please enjoy.

W1Y-NJP-4KF

Attached: Happy Yoshi Village.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

I have made a few levels. Only one of them is somewhat decent. It is as follows:

5NL-P5F-KVF

Sorry, but the autoscroll kills it. I can barely see what's ahead of me most of the time.

Made my first levels a few days ago, no one has played them, care to fix that? also looking for feedback.

Monty Molehills:
BW8-YJX-SNG
sun chase sidescroller featuring monty moles.

Cannon Hopping
H60-RG6-P1G
cannon balls are bouncy

It's a kaizo level, retards. They're designed to for trial and error gameplay.

honestly im not feeling it as much as my other levels either
but i have an idea for another level so i might delete it after I get done with that

I made a snow course (without ice blocks) based on icicles. Please play it and let me know what you think, I think the end might be a little bit hard.

3PT-L43-K7G

Attached: B3A8AE2D-CE2F-4B43-A0CD-826498664FA8.gif (290x354, 2.95M)

pure trial and error kaizo is the worst kind of kaizo. The best ones have some form of telegraph or at the very least a handful of breather moments where you can evaluate what's coming up.

R7C-WKW-NKG

fufufufufufu

Attached: MV5BNDNhZTc1MmMtMjI2NS00OWU0LThkMGQtMDA4MzUxMzYxZTFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMxNzQ2NTQ@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

I wish the game had more skeleton enemies.

really

it's a cheap trick, I know. sorry user.

>aMAZEing TREASURE HaUNTed house (1S1-HP4-7HG)
Explore the maze and collect enough coins before the timer runs out

>A Song Of Ice And Fire (JLQ-1ML-NMG)
A game of thrones thematic level. No one managed to get to the wall yet

>The Pyramid of Tutankhoopa (Y7H-SGH-X3G)
Explore an ancient tomb and survive its traps

>Infested sewers (LTP-CRG-55G)
Can you survive to the infestation of piranha plants? This level was completed only once yet

i associate shitania with pepe and wojak posters, gonna boo your level on principle

that's ok. i deserve it

No turning back!:
5SN-TWT-D4G

A level designed around not turning back, and a two state toggle contraption to drop stuff. Should be pretty short, and easy.
This is my first time making a level like this. Please, if you find cheese, let me know and I'll try to fix it. Also, let me know what you think!

Attached: 3536.jpg (2250x3000, 648K)

Yup, seems like something Satania would make.

I can`t find the 10th coin

that's the point user

Going to share this again since people seem to like it alot (over 1/2 like to play ratio wow):
>Wrath of the Djinn
VM0-RW7-28G

First one is good, but I thought the part before the mountain climb had way too many moles. Other than that it's fine.

Second one I think its biggest problem is the cannonballs fire depending on when they get on-screen, it makes some weird patterns sometimes that make some jumps hard to clear

don't jump levels aren't fun
if you're going to do that clear condition make it so you're bouncing off shit the whole time instead of tediously walking

>play level
>enemies shit on you from every angle
>this is also made unavoidable by bullet blaster walls
no thanks

I liked it but had no idea what was going on

What's the fastest of the Mario tilesets here? SMW?

thanks for the feedback. i didnt notice the weird timing thing with the cannons but it always seemed to be beatable. might try a similar thing with bullet bills since they seem to have a more consistent timing.

Can anyone figure out how to complete this level? (not mine)

>FPQ-V26-8GF

I get stuck at the room with the spring. That's the same room in the thumbnail so I assume it's some troll shit. The clear-check and only clear times are longer than 2 minutes so I don't think there's any dev block faggotry going on, but I can't figure out WHAT the fuck to do.

Attached: 1553541360741.jpg (612x612, 73K)

What do you mean fastest

If I beat your level and you delete it and then reupload it, I will boo your new one.

>playing anything but SMW

Attached: 1562940550738.jpg (154x174, 11K)

> a whole bunch of frameperfect P-switch jumps in a row
nah fuck this man

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 467K)

You don't have to p-switch jump. They're all on safe platforms, but if you just run at full speed and jump can make it across pretty easily. It just looks hard.

Spamming/Flooding

I enjoyed it, only thing is that one thwomp thats supposed to slam on the seesaw is pretty janked

It took me a while to realize what to do on the slopes, maybe you could switch the arrows a bit to make it more clearer

p-switch jump isnt frameperfect lmao

Attached: 1562968245212.png (518x539, 310K)

You just have to put your face into the blaster and it breaks. Takes like half a second due to how the loading works.

you have like 4 seconds you can jump off a p switch in mm2

Loved it blooperbro

Does the whole "shake to change it" thing exist in Mario Maker 2?

Nope!

Attached: 1496026150058.jpg (900x900, 85K)

W2M-FM8-GPG

Mario gets a call about a broken furnace. Get down there and see what you can do about it.

Attached: more like funace.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

Tell me wich one you found

Just make another level already

You have to drop the spring in mid air and bounce on it. Then do it again with a bunch of koopa shells

Yeah it was hard to make it more clear, i cant use coins or the p-switch wouldn't be anywhere near as deadly. Thus the liberal use of arrows anywhere, and even then it's still a little confusing.

SJF-468-NFG
M6W-CTQ-P1G
Play my levels.
Please.

Attached: 1548722544666.jpg (1162x860, 124K)

He'll probably never make another level. There are two secrets nobody will ever find.

How would you know that...

Thank you cute alien sex rock.

He used to include it with his spam

QW9-RBR-0BG
D9B-RNC-2JF
F5X-H1N-TCG

Fastest running speed.

SMB

Mario 3

SMW

SMW

Try asking again

Super mario 3d world

piss mode in mario 3

very good level. loved it. not too challenging and alwys fair. didn't know icicles could break blocks

NSMB

NSMB

Sunshine

>Golden Coin Dunes
1F9-6KT-05G

>Sound Cloud Meadows
PX6-CYG-TRG

>Messy Great Crate Manor
8B2-6JW-TFY

>Hop up the Forest Top
VPK-CP5-FSF

Good luck gamers

Attached: 1562427642577.png (455x748, 463K)

SM64 with slide kicks

Galaxy 2

play my level

Attached: 1562683065793.jpg (1920x1080, 837K)

Odyssey running on yuzu

TTYD

lmao

Mario Teaches Typing

Mario is Missing

Hotel Mario

SM64 since you can theoretically build speed forever

Let's get some drawings and comments going my friends. Mario Maker Night!

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x646, 20K)

Do I make this entire post into a level

Thank you!! I didn't know you could break blocks with icicles until it happened by accident when I was building, so I based the entire underground part around it.

youtube.com/watch?v=efmbt-FOgdo
Based level user, great work!
i drew you something too

Attached: 1481862293851.gif (268x262, 91K)

do it

Yeah, I put him there to blast you up but it never worked. I left him there because I liked the mechanic of trying to work the see saw and not get hit by the thowmp and I also wanted to introduce a slow falling thwomp before the (intense moment). Thank you for trying it!

Trials of the Skipsqueaks
5QW-F9Q-BMG
Overcome the army of skipsqueaks

Think Fast!
DVW-FTD-KLF
Pick the correct pipebased on the numberof enemies

Secrets of the Mirrored Desert
53W-4DG-3TF
Use the layout of the desert to find the 5 keys

no fucking shit, sherlock

Thank you so much :)

Sound cloud meadows is comfy

What are some indicators that a level was made by a child.

The best part of making a level is getting drawings. Thank you :)

koopa car

>Spend hours of work making fun, challenging levels
>Struggle to break 100 plays on most of them
>Make an enemy spam with stars and softlocks
>approaching 700 plays, infinitely more likes, comments, and plays than most levels I made
Seriously someone tell me how this algorithm stuff works. Is it the clear rate? Why is this shitty level so popular?
The "shit" level in question, in case you want to see it:
YW9-V56-5WF

Attached: image0-77.jpg (1242x1184, 128K)

poor grammar and spelling in the title and description
random enemy spam
power ups and items that allow you to bypass the entire stage because children never test or have coherent ideas
naked pipes
using only the default ground themes

level is NSMB style

did a bunch of japs play your level? that love that stupid shit

its braindead easy so kids like it

Is there a way to set enemies not to respawn?

Attached: 1348989163974.gif (325x245, 1.38M)

Put killing them in your win condition.

>v

You can do some complicated stuff so a bullet blaster spawns over top of where the enemy would be spawning on your second time through an area. If you're just asking if theres a simple way to stop them respawning in general, no, there isn't. Unless you do what said and make it your clear condition.

[ ? ] Blocks that carry fire flowers and don't have that mushroom requirement to get them

I'm doing a half puzzle half action ghost house level and this is the final room for the penultimate challenge of path 1

What can I put in here? Any cool puzzle idea

I forgot the image I know it's blurry but it still gives enough context

Attached: 20190713_185104.jpg (5312x2988, 2.27M)

put 100 hammer bros

Who are the coolest people in these threads?

comfy stage user

Milly! is up there for playing almost every stage and commenting

>jonny
>joecool
>milly
>twoson
>zankioh
>fartman
>mondo
probably some others too

And me, add me to that list.

all of these except fartman, he can go kill himself

added :)

can confirm twoson is great he liked one of my levels so I may be a bit biased

>tfw mentioned in your list
aw man thanks

fuck you fartman is based

>japanese level
>always NSMBU or SM3DW, ground style for both
>either some super hard speedrun with a bajillion spikes or just five thousand enemies and you get a star right before them

>tfw never mentioned in any of these even though I play as many if not more Yea Forums levels than those listed
Kind of hurts my feelings tbqh lad

What is the difference between night airship and night sky?

Do you guys have any non-Mario games you consider influential in how you design your levels?

For me its:

>Gimmick
>Wario Land 2
>Duck Tales
>Metal Storm
>Super Ghouls n Ghosts

Attached: soul.gif (500x368, 5K)

night sky = low gravity for mario
night airship = enemies behave as if they were underwater

yeah, Plok.

are you one of the following
>kellsbells
>jenome
>silenttron
>zemax
>minihilly
>neith

castlevania 1

I know I'll never make that kind of list, but I would love to. I try to play the levels of anyone here who plays mine, but I have a kid, so plans change.

I'm not that user but I am on your list, I hope it's a good people list

yeah I should have said it was an extension of the previous

silenttron is the only person who has beaten my level

Thanks dood. Makes me feel fuzzy a bit.

The DKC games
The Lost Vikings
Rayman 1
Megaman X

post code

Well the only person who isn't an insane kaizo speedrunner. I got a couple of streamers to play it.

GRT-P7G-R5G
I'd actually like feedback

Just finished my new level. Probably the one I've put most time into so far.

5G3-1X6-MQF

Desert SMB1, pretty low-difficulty. Kind of dubious about one of the three red coin rooms (should be obvious which one), but otherwise I'm happy with it.

Yes actually

Been enjoying this level by Saturn, fun to play through leisurely

Attached: pipe.jpg (857x545, 179K)

Not sure which coin you were dubious about none of them seemed too hard. Pretty fun level.

Ha, thanks friend person!

Attached: Games118.jpg (597x470, 60K)

Okay I took some advice and tweaked my level a bit, I hope its better now!
K4W-3CR-WXF

Attached: images (7).jpg (461x665, 36K)

My stages

My first one is a multiplayer based on smash; I really couldn't think of a good one.
6FQ-C4AP-YMF

Second level is similar as the first but a single player multi man melee using the goombrats
JOP-9FS-LNG

My third level is a simple level where you swim tried to make a Jaws-like level with suspense
S0R-3Y8-52H

My fourth level is a sky battle where you fly around and destroy other ships culminating in a final battle against bowser and bowser jr there is a way to defeat bowser without fireing a shot
V72-C3Y-7LG

Anyone here makes some good local multi levels? I want some courses to play with my 2 brothers

I tried but 2hard4me

Yo I just realised I'm in top 300 makers in the world

>joecool
>milly
>twoson
>zankioh
based list
wish I was cool enough ;/

Rayman Legends

congrats user

Attached: omedetou.gif (327x251, 1.64M)

Glad you found comfort in my level :)

Gimme ur levels

So I finally designed the reimagining of my mega man boss rush from the first Mario Maker.

Boss Rush Redux
1VG-K59-61G

Tell me how awful I am.

Attached: 1557896243440.gif (509x400, 256K)

make some cool stages and play a loooot of other anons level then you too can make it to the cool people club
and remember to like and comment on Yea Forums levels (if they deserve it)

stop deleting levels i've grinded out please

I give motivational advice to people in endless I'm assuming little kids but not people here and now I feel bad but it's also hard to find the time/mood to go out of my way like that honestly. Next thread however I will play every level posted and see how that's like and try to give critique to everyone because people being motivated is a very nice thing and I don't want these threads to die.
Here's what I did in my level if anyone wants to use the idea you can go into this with powerups and the note block is a star and the switch is for 60 coins and a star

God I'm dumb this is why I don't play the hard levels here mostly here's the image

Attached: 20190713_193553-1.jpg (2543x1966, 2.88M)

It's a nice touch to your level when you add a powerup to a checkpoint.

I did exactly that in my recent levels
Added a happy little mushroom just like MM1 used to have it

I want the smw checkpoint to look like it's supposed to

What would you prefer as the next exclusive theme to be added?

SMB2 USA, or DK94

Pretty good stuff with interesting bosses. I'm not so sure about the powerup room, it feels a bit unnecessary to do it that way, but overall solid.

please, finding MP courses is hard

I assume english isn't your first language. I don't know what you're trying to say.

I only do it for SMW since that's how it worked.

Franchise crossover DLC pack in 4 parts
Comes with

DLC 1: Kirby maker
DLC 2: Megaman maker
DLC 3: Sonic maker
DLC 4: Donkey Kong maker

>tfw retarded and didn't check the powerup room until I got all the red coins
nice level though

out of those? DK
in reality? Odyssey

CLAW TIME MOTHERFUCKERS
CAN YOU CONQUER THE CLAWS?
1XF-GJR-YWG
it's fun to speedrun this one

Attached: SMM2-SMB-Claw.png (38x58, 374)

same

Attached: midway.png (931x669, 518K)

>Make hard levels
>Proud of myself
>Level seems fun, has some minor jank here and there but for the most part it seems fun
>Get to the part where I have to clear it myself
>Takes me hours
>What started off as happy and fun attempts are now really starting to piss me the fuck off
>Finally upload it
>Relieved
>Barely any plays on them
>Very few likes
>Probably been boo'd to hell and back because they're hard as balls
>I didn't even make them resemble a kaizo level, they require no kaizo tech, they're just themed and difficult platform levels that are long, have no check points and no power ups.
>I have so much PTSD of my own levels that I don't even want to make any more because I now hate having to beat them.

And before somebody says
>well if your levels aren't fun for you why should anybody else play them?
They are fun. They start off fun, the first part of trying to beat them is great, but because I am unironically not very good at the game it takes me hours to clear some of them.
You try liking a level after being stuck on it for hours, it'll drive you fucking mad too.

Attached: 1560966888012.jpg (1378x1378, 194K)

post code

iktf
Except my level took me like 5 minutes to upload. I still have a very hard time finding an audience who enjoys these levels.

im gonna work backwards through this thread and play every level all i ask is that you guys play my new one

CR6-RRC-CQG

Attached: ddddddddddddddddddddddddd.png (698x349, 308K)

I know that feel user
I made a level that took me nearly 3 hours to upload as well, unlike yours I made it intentionally terrible tho
And now I will never build another spike maze with star pickups ever again

6H3-584-11G

Only 3 plays and no one has beaten it : /
Its only tricky jumps. It shouldn't be that hard.

Your flag says american but your level says jap

DKC games

I just prefer the level design in those games.

I especially prefer the newer games because of how dynamic they can be.

>collect ALL 100 coins
yeah its not hard but noone wants to do that

Challenging but very fun, good stuff user

Got you covered user, gave you a like too.
The first few jumps are real last split second stuff, actually thought it got easier after the first 3 jumps.

>Japanese level tagged "music"
>has no music whatsoever

when you die you hear music rororororor

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

F5Q-L8G-KSG
88T-V4H-BMF
0X5-2X3-K0G
Those 3 are hard
The last one on there was fun the entire time I tried to beat it though unlike the first two which drove me fucking mad. There's no hidden power ups or secret ways through, I suffered through beating them without putting in any dev items/secrets.
If anybody beats the first 2 I listed on here then congratulations, you're a legend.

Let me know what I did wrong too, although to be fair I think I already know the primary issue with my levels, they have no fucking check points and they're long and hard.
I need to start putting check points in but since I have to beat the ENTIRE fucking stage myself with no checkpoint I can't seem to stop myself from wanting others to suffer by not having one either.
Sorry lads, I can't help it.

Give them a whirl though if you like, at this point I don't even give a fuck if you boo them, as I said they've probably been boo'd to fuck already.
There's no kaizo blocks, no soft locks, no 'pick the right path or you die' shit or anything like that, it's just hard in the traditional hard platformer sense.

Give mine a try if yous want. If you don't wanna play the 3 levels I posted here though, my newer ones are not as difficult.

Try these for less difficulty -
T8M-WMN-F8G
GM5-OW1-02H (This was intended to be my easiest level and it without a doubt is, but I fucked up somehow, someway, and made the last jump be an offscreen one, which was not intentional at all and something I really should fix, it's still not very hard despite this but you'll probably die once because of it so my bad in advance).

Attached: 1562615265938.jpg (800x600, 119K)

>level made him mad while he was uploading it but he went through with it anyway
Protip: If your level pisses you off while you upload it, maybe other people won't exactly love it

>hammer bros
I was enjoying your level, user :(

That what I figured, extra course requirements having a bad rap, which sucks because its not like its an obnoxious coin hunt its just a straight path.

Appreciated :)

i'll try some in a moment, i can tell you what is good/bad about them
he already said its probably just because he's bad at the games in his previous post

if youre at the spot with the big lava pit on the right side, just run and full jump then hold left and spin to tiny ledge

you dont even have to deal with the hammer bros if you don't want the red coins

I want them goddammit

yeah i deleted it because I got it, it just looks like that's not going to work until it works

'fiery phantasm' is a level themed around a haunted lava dungeon. careful on those pipes, anons. this post and code is accompanied by a small doodle i drew

Attached: fiery phantasm.png (1470x900, 97K)

I don't know if I'd like Odyssey as much locked to a 2d plane entirely. I've not been digging the NSMBU stuff either for the same reason.

Not user you are responding too, but why would it ever be wise to make levels that you don't enjoy yourself but you suspect some theoretical Super Expert players will? This encapsulates the issue with the Kaizo meme, all these normal to above average players trying to make these courses for a nearly nonexistent player base.

I say make the kind of levels you enjoy playing yourself. Look back at your most loved Mario levels and I guarantee they're all fun to play and replay and replay again.

Attached: riddle me this.png (988x585, 745K)

nsmb is a 2d game

3d World*
Sorry, they all have that same sterile aesthetic.

New level hot off the presses, The Ocean is a Desert, short level inspired by the lyric from A Horse with no Name by America, give it a try! I’ll be working my way though the thread levels as well
YVP-XMY-1FG

>naked pipe

>naked pipe police would like to know your location

ATTENTION ALL MARIO MAKERS
Whoever makes a claw-oriented puzzle platforming level named "Umihara Clawase" will be awarded one (1) like.

My apologies

I fucking hate that garbage game, you dumb nigger weeb retard.

What's the deal with the coins on rails?
I feel like you're hiding some dev shit.

Man this stage is just annoying to play, dunno if it's me.
And yeah, naked pipe. I'll withhold a like for now, maybe you'll upload a v2 of it.

Is there a way to change where a pipe leads to, or do I need to destroy it and place a new one? Been whittling away at a series of halved-screen "mini" rooms, and it's been a pain managing the means of travelling between each of these 10 spots so far.

I just got done playing all your stages, excellent job man, those sunshine stages especially. Surfing at the end looked dope and the level itself looked and played awesome. droppan a hot follow.

Attached: The Hotel Lobbys Secret.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>King Bowser's Spaceship Armada: 08R-G10-J6G
Chase King Bowser right into the atmosphere! Use bob-ombs to solve simple "puzzles" to blow up ship after ship untill you find the king himself! (Normal)

Attached: tugizOrA4lGTkhMl.webm (640x360, 2.45M)

based

I think just remove and readd the ability to go in? I don't know I don't use pipes often.

Looks pretty sweet user

well I beat it but I can't say I had fun. the section before the checkpoint was just enemy spam and afterwards was annoying.

Just finished this one
HMW-350-41H

My first course ever.
Some platforming and hidden shrooms finding. Enjoy!

08H-BTG-7PG
Q37-G35-H7G
R8R-7NB-CHG
024-NQ1-GXF

Two of my levels have a lot of likes, two of them haven't even been completed. Hope Yea Forums likes them, though.

I don't understand why you would make hard levels if you are 'not very good' at Mario games, but more power to you I guess. Might want to try tuning the parts you find frustrating if this is upsetting you so much.
Cleared it, but damn that was hard.
>The Netherglades
I liked it, but you might want to put that dry shell in a more obvious place. Already saw one comment about someone getting stuck at the chomps.

Wish I had more time to clear user's levels, but the hard ones take awhile to clear and I'm busy being on-call 24/7 with work. Trying to get another level designed, too. If you guys have any comfy ones I will definitely play them, though.

Levels:
>Mario Crawls Inside Dead Turtles
G54-KGR-Y1H
>Stay Frosty
X0N-XB2-NCG
>Buzzy Beetle Rescue
2H2-S03-30H
>Basically The Plot Of Space Jam
BTM-7G6-12G

Attached: slam.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

they make me laugh

total jank

;^)

Thanks for the feedback

>88T-V4H-BMF
Dark underwater levels are probably one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes, and people who actually use the theme are some of God's biggest mistakes

Very few people enjoy leap of faiths
Just saying guys

Is there a way to hide specific menu in creator mode? I rarely have a need for the left/right menus and they're just in the way. The alternative is to hit X everytime I need to build a thing but then I have to toggle it to swap what I'm working with.

I love leap of faith especially when I drop right into a spike pit

If you're in handheld, you can tap x and it will hide all the bars. I have no idea about docked though.

same thing docked

That was my first ever level I made.
I don't know what the world did for me to create such an abomination against life but I planned that level out before the game even got released.
It's very long, it's very fucking hard. I guarantee most kaizo players would have significant difficulty with it and I can say that despite not even having tried to perform a simple shell jump before.

One guy did play and beat it though, and he uploaded it to youtube. Here's the video for those that give a fuck -
youtube.com/watch?v=gV82GRUn3IY

No checkpoints, no power ups (except for the star at the very end). Lads, why did I release such a monstrosity? You didn't deserve this.

Attached: 1562737866420.png (869x709, 373K)

Who says for their first level
>yeah dark underwater level

I'm really glad you enjoyed them :)

I hope you read that constructive comment on the video, user.

>that video
jesus christ what's wrong with you

>still havent beat story mode
reeee why did they have to lock shit behind it

Just get to the frog hat then never play it again

I did. I started making my other levels either significantly shorter or I put checkpoints in them.

Some of the things he said are not true though, like I didn't make any purposeful traps or anything, it's just hard to convey certain things with the limited amount of tools we've got available, especially in a stage which has darkness being the primary obstacle.

Also that corridor with the fish in it near the start isn't something you have to wait for the fishes to pass through before you can go through it like the comment mentioned, you can get through it with 100% success rate, you just need to duck below the first fire bar basically and the fish will go over you and you can swim through with ease after that.

It sounded like a better idea in my head than what it turned out to be.
I originally designed it to have no star at the end and no 'light' effects near any of the blooper areas and my pseudo tube of medusa with all the bloopers in but I couldn't fucking beat so I had to just submit and add them.

Attached: 1560117911056.jpg (800x606, 55K)

Great stage. Followed

Would extra appreciate if anyone checked out F02-330-KHF since it's my very first.

Attached: D9mtxr1UEAAliSV.jpg large.jpg (804x1243, 96K)

When people say "kaizo", what are they refering to? Just general difficulty, or is it more in reference to shell jumps and stuff? I see the word tossed around a lot, but unless its reffering to the actual ROM hack or kaizo blocks i don't know what it's being used as a stand in for.

Is there a way to activate/deactivate a track? I want to make an auto-scroller involving a seesaw, but shit just starts moving immediately upon play.

I wanted to make a dark underwater level, but the jellyfish (spike blocks) in the SMB3 theme don't glow in the dark like enemies do. My disappointment is immeasurable.

nice pic user

Kaizo generally refers to unfair level design of a high difficulty. In later SMBs, it also assumes use of platforming quirks/precise tricks (walljumps, shell jumps, cape-shenanigans, etc).

>I wanted to make a dark underwater level
no you didn't

It's a bit like roguelike and roguelite.

Technically kaizo probably only refers to specific kind of SMW style levels that utilize stuff like spinning on a bomb while tossing shells up before you do a spring jump and so on. Just crazy hard, often unfair (kaizo blocks aka hidden blocks over pits that kill you when you hit them).

Nowadays kaizo is often used in a broader sense to talk about anything that is bullshit difficult or downright unfair.
It's still mostly SMW though I'd say.

This was pretty fun, all your stages were actually, I liked the elevator at the end and you combined the thwomps with the parachutes nicely. Only level that gave me trouble was Thwompguy and Springboy, but because of legit challenge, nothing bullshit. Well done mate.

Hell yea man, you guys come up with the best shit.

I haven't either, or barely played endless I'm too busy either playing Yea Forums levels or making my own. I probably will soon, I want those extra powerups.

Attached: Happy Yoshi Village.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Is that a challenge? Because I bet I could make a dark underwater level that is fun as fuck.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

kaizō (改造) literally means "remodeling" or "mod", but kaizo as we know it got its name from an infamously difficult series of romhacks for Super Mario World. Nowadays when someone says kaizo, they usually mean extremely precise bullshit like back-to-back shell jumps

Super Ball and Builder Suit are pretty gimmicky. Builder Suit especially sucks to use in levels because no one fucking knows how to make crates

Thank you :)

Anyone else plan their stages out on paper or paint program because it's faster than dealing with MM2's editor for brainstorming ideas?

I've seen a few ok levels around the builder suit where you use the crate making to keep having platforms to stand on in a rising lava stage.
But eh.

Super ball can be funny for golf and pool gimmick stages

I forgot to mention that Kazio Mario World also had a ton of hidden blocks over gaps, which is why they're called kaizo blocks sometimes.