Have any anons played ES2: Daggerfall, and if so do you recommend it?

Have any anons played ES2: Daggerfall, and if so do you recommend it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-031309.jpg (1437x1862, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/roadmap/
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=1d7d96acb86c1290a6d975c92b439bcd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes and no. It's just full with the same regurtitated content cause everything is procedurally generated.

I've heard about that, but also that fast travel reduces the monotony. How true is this?

just play it faggot, nobody here has, especially

I don't want to download the game and waste several hours on it only to find that it's not enjoyable. I have better things to do with my time, dickbreath

so you don't want to play it and don't like video games. you answered your own question

Says the faggot posting on Yea Forums lmao.

lmao I bet you also think that Morrowind is dumbed down from Daggerfall, retard.

nice projection nigger

The randomly generated shit is perfectly fine if you're used to playing roguelikes. However what isn't perfectly fine is the shit tier combat. You are extremely limited in your options and will lose a lot of combat encounters to complete RNG and win others with also a lot of RNG. It's like shitty D&D. And no, it doesn't matter how you build your character (unless you just exploit the game with the absorb magicka shit) considering you start off very weak and the enemy level scaling as you level up is extremely harsh. If you want a more classic game but with similar design, play Morrowind. It fixes enough issues without being too modernized to still be good.

Attached: 1557749032738.jpg (666x500, 45K)

It's so full of bugs that Beth had to patch in hot keys for hacks to get you out of being stuck in a corner, half the skills don't really do anything and outside the main quest content, most stuff is procedurally generated. That said it's still a very fun dungeon crawler with tons of role-playing options and a great main quest.

I won't recommend the original, but I highly recommend DFUnity when it's finished because it has modding support and other stuff.
Looks like it'll be mostly done by the end of the year: dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/roadmap/

I'd honestly wait a year or two more so that the Unity port gets finished.

It is free from Bethesda so if you don't like it what is the bother?

We¡re almost her, vros

Attached: ff.png (791x583, 64K)

Wait for DFUnity. Won't be much longer until it hits 1:1 feature parity, and only gets better from there.

It's worth a playthrough, but the bugs and general jankiness of it being a DOS game put a lot of people off. It's one of the TES games that is truly different from the rest.
I'd say wait for Daggerfall Unity project to finish, which will be sometime this year.

Nice buzzword, buddy

>lmao daggerfall RNG
>play morrowind RNG instead

sounds like you have your answer honestly

Yea, Morrowind's RNG is much more manageable.

If you want to play it you WILL have to mod out bugs, it is quite literally unplayable without bug fix mods. Or you can do what I did and check out the unity version, pretty fun and looks a lot better.

>playing original daggerfall
>climb onto roof
>start running
>jump as I hit the top
>fly 100mph across town
will anything ever match this feeling?

I tried it briefly, and the graphics are sufficiently horrible enough that I couldn't bear long enough to get through the tutorial.

I hear it's a masterpiece otherwise, but visually it's aged like cheese in a septic tank. Can only recommend for frequent /vr/ users at this point, I'm afraid.

Play Daggerfall Unity and install a graphics mod.
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=1d7d96acb86c1290a6d975c92b439bcd

The graphics mods are shit though. Literally no point until there's a full conversion graphics package that has a uniform feel to it. Otherwise the graphics will be all over the place.