I gave it another chance

I gave it another chance.
Yes, it's still shit. Shit bosses, shit levels, shit loot.

Attached: Nioh.jpg (1170x1560, 300K)

what'd you get up to this time?

cute girls tho

Attached: Maria_Nioh_Golden_Era.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

beat the mega skeleton

(what a garbage fight that was)

yeah but nioh 2

>it's a "soulsbab gets his ass whooped by tutorial playthrough" episode
I remember watching couple of Nioh streams with "souls veteran" in title and it was fucking hilarious.

you're gonna miss out on necromancer castle and demon king mission
then everything after that

>Souls veteran
Fucking hate this term. WHY?

Because playing Dark Souls is a massive achievement that deserves respect on terms with having served in military conflicts.

Dark Souls is the single deepest, most challenging, most skill-based game ever created. There is not a single other game in any genre that comes close to the level of skill Dark Souls requires.

This is why Dark Souls threads are the best, most intelligent threads on Yea Forums. Only the smartest, brightest, and most patient people post in them. Essentially, the very best of humanity posts in them.

Conversely, the only people who don't like Dark Souls clearly don't have the skills to handle its depth. It is too hardcore for them. That's okay though. Games like Nioh exist for people like them. Dark Souls fans are too good to hold grudges.

But I post in those threads to say how garbage Dark Souls is.

lol

o7

Do the environment of Nioh get more interesting? it seems to be just boring caves, boring villages with the same wooden huts, and maybe a bit of a swamp level. The beginning started well enough in a castle, promising some variety in locations, but so far, I feel like I've seen this game's environments in tons of other games from Onimusha (bar its current time locations), Tenchu, and most other games set in Old Japan. I was hoping for more creative or impressive environments, like what From did with Western medieval.

Attached: Dragon-Aerie-2.jpg (1228x720, 362K)

there are four(dlc included) castle enviroments

>English castle
>spider castle
>ninja castle
>castle on fire
>confusing trap castle
>final demon castle
>DLC outdoor castle
>definitely final DLC demon castle

There's an Iga ninja castle later on that's filled with different traps and hidden walls

I really should replay it, forgot about half of those

Yeah cause dodge attack dodge attack regen stamina dodge attack requires skills
Or block attack block attack
Or dodge cast
Or move slightly to the left or right and attack
Dark souls isn't nowhere as hard or even requires skill
It just needs you to have patience and the ability to memorize enemy movements
Which is something that apparently millions of gamers lack
Its pathetic

harder than casting sloth and mashing flowing shadow/sotc, incel

WHERE IS THE FUCKING NEW INFO

If you want something that is actually hard and requires skill try die by the sword

There's "some" variety, especially in the final stages but in the end you'll keep asking yourself just where the fuck those 75 gigabytes went into.

Game is excellent aside from the loot/crafting system. That is some fucking dogshit.

The only reason anyone could call Nioh shit is if they were going in expecting a literal souls ripoff. Nioh is not souls or even a soulslike, its about fast, relentless aggression and using weapon skills rather than dodge dodge strong attack dodge.

You think it has poor bosses and level design? Did we play the same game?

Attached: 20190711215036_1.jpg (804x1050, 277K)

Souls games feels too slow coming from Nioh. Even BB

Platinumed the game and 100% all DLC as they came out on my PS4, and I agree
During WotN I only wanted it to be over as fast as possible

It was plenty varied for the genre - this is historical fantasy, so obviously we get more realistically grounded locations. My main complaint on this front is that 90% of missions take place at night.

>My main complaint on this front is that 90% of missions take place at night.

And if not you can bet your ass that the map was covered in fog.

Tried this out (never played Dark Souls or anything) and it took me way too many tries to beat the boss on the map after the tutorial (the village). I should play more of it but damn it's exhausting when you're terrible.

I hope they fix this in Nioh 2 - the 'yokai realm occurs at twilight' isn't a good enough excuse for all the maps to be so dark. The mountain mission in the final province was the only broad daylight mission I remember, but it was so convoluted and frustrating in terms of layout (with no map) that I couldn't really enjoy it.

Tbh yeah, I love the games but the basic design philosophy isn't that different from most NES games

git gud, faggot

1. Using spirit stone items can refill your amrita gauge for living weapon
2. Inflicting two elemental status ailments on an enemy will inflict the 'confuse' status, debilitating them
3. Bosses are vulnerable to magic debuffs, devigorate and sloth are helpful
The best way to beat bosses is to apply an element to your weapon different from your Living Weapon element, beat on the boss in low stance until they get the affliction, then activate living weapon to inflict a second elemental status ailment and confusion, turning the boss into a punching bag while you are in the powered-up form.

I have probably spend about 300 hours with nioh so obviously I really like it. But saying its not a soulslike or has nothing to do with souls is just absolutely retarded.
Its fine that the game heavily borrows from souls because it has enough differences ot make it interesting in its own way.

Nioh 2 is gay, Wirriam-sama was what made Nioh.

It definitely does borrow some aspects, but it's not enough to call it a souls-like. The combat is too different, there is no open world, loot grinding exists, and weapon skill trees exist. So people who go in expecting a souls game get disappointed and give up.

If you haven't beaten the Oda Nobuaga + Yuki-onna fight on a difficulty appropriate to your gear you don't know shit about video games.

*uses living weapon spear*
nothing personnel nobunaga (heh)

>spear
Could you be any more based?

Attached: 1560924504593.jpg (849x1200, 344K)

Yes, he could be using 1kat with Izuna Drop.

Tried literally 3 times. Always stopped shortly after the centipede "boss fight"
Nioh is just not good. Apparently 2 is just more of the same.

Eh, at least it's not Dark Souls 2.

Yeah, it was tough to get into, the level design leaves much to be desired. The first two levels were pretty decent, but then once I got to the caveside mountain I kinda lost interest.

>Spear as primary weapon
>1kat as secondary / backup weapon
Spear for the peasants and trash and yokai scum. Katana is for those who earn an honourable death.

>runs away
>gets no closure
It's really shitty what they did with plot in Nioh. It's as if someone responsible wanted to have some overarching deep story, and someone else wanted to just hamfist it in as an excuse for the gameplay happening.

I use spear and odachi, very comfy for a heavy armor/str build. Also got strength scaling stat on my spear through sheer luck.

nice pasta, faggot

I finished DkS2 so that's how low my standards are, Nioh still didn't do it for me

>It was plenty varied for the genre
I beg to differ. Fuck the vast majority of it is even in the same colour palette. Most of the time in a single shade of colour at that.

Is it coming on pc or nah? The original sold well on steam right?

based

never ever pcheat

(probably with a few month delay)

>devs ask to provide feedback after playing the Nioh 2 Alpha
>can't find were to provide feedback
I looked around during the testing period and couldn't find a place to provide feedback.

Attached: 1436843647414.gif (275x319, 1.88M)

>I spent hundreds of hours on this game and during my 501st hour i realized it was SHIT!
have you tried just beating a game once like a normie? they're more enjoyable that way

Well no actually, Samurai and Strong were fairly enjoyable, but then the game got worse with patches and insane padding. The abyss is very repetetive.
Also most of the side missions are ass, like lmao 9tails+hideyori. It really feels like they were pandering to the most braindead OP meta builds there. Though a few are pretty good like the Grand Tournament.

Should have received an email like this some time after the alpha ended. Kinda silly to send it later when the alpha might not be as fresh in people's mind's anymore but it was there

Attached: Nioh Feedback email.png (600x953, 818K)

I liked it, I love being able to customize my gear to the point that it gives 100% chance to crit for 99999999 bonus damage or etc, like in disgaea/PoE

I'm really struggling with this game. The Spiderboss is already kicking my ass. Is there something I'm missing? I feel like I'm handicapped by a lack of knowledge about the mechanics.

Jorogumo? She's like the easiest boss in the game, wtf u doin man
Just hit her ass

Because you have nothing better to do in your life. It's just some trifle shit, and yet you even feel the need to post your hate over such a trivial term.

If you're at that point of the game, and you're still having trouble with THIS boss, you shoul definitely play the first levels again.

Joro-Gumo is not that hard. If I remember right it's basic evade and hit. Learn her moves, evade and hit hard.

I've been using the Odachi in high stance because I always use the biggest slowest sword when possible. Should I switch to Swords?

Rank the Souls clones not made by From, so no Sekiro or Bloodborne.

>Nioh
>The Surge
>Lords of the Fallen
>Code Vein
>Ashen

Attached: kh5mXop.png (750x469, 638K)

>Beyond Souls tier:
Hollow Knight
>shit tier:
everything else

Well, you know with these types of games, everyone has a different style and that's why some people have problems with bosses other people breeze through.

Odachi is fine, but I always go for fast reactions so I go for Mid Stance. Try low stance at the beginning, so you start to learn her moves.

>suposely spanish
>Talks like a fucking spic

Odachi is really good until the very very end-game where it does fuckall damage unless you go for a Moonlit Snow build

when's Nioh 2

Combat wise, it's completely different.

You take the survey on the PS4, it's under the drop down menu when you hover over the Nioh 2 alpha.

I bought that shit on a sale for ps4. What a waste of money, my god. It was only 15 and I regret it. I like dark souls type of hard games, I don't mind Diablo loot. But the whole game feels cheap, trash, and full of kusoge moments

I pirated it and I regret it.