Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes

>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes

>Deus ex isn't immersive because you can skip cutscenes - even though it's a literal immersive sim

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Half Lifefags explain yourselves

Also Deus Ex has a much better story than Half Life as a whole, which relies on shitty mysteries and lore rather than quality storytelling - it also tells a complete story in one game, can't name a Shit Life game that does that, HLfags

Attached: e1oh.jpg (1575x924, 91K)

>can't name a Shit Life game that does that
Half Life 1.

half life is a shooter
deus ex is an rpg

Half life 2 is anything but an immersive sim.
It borderlines on a generic FPS shooter.

>Literally ends on a cliff hanger

Nice try

Deus Ex is both - it's literally an unreal engine game

I'm pretty sure you made up an argument to have with yourself. Do you have schizophrenia perchance?

Attached: 1548967251131.jpg (803x5259, 1.63M)

Uh, HLfags literal defense for either HL1 or 2 is that they don't have "proper cutscenes" - think of all those moments in HL2 where characters talk at you and you can't interact with the dialogue at all.

Christ

Deus Ex is as much a shooter as System Shock or Ultima

the fuck is wrong with OP

Attached: 343399971.jpg (786x700, 53K)

>think of all those moments in HL2 where characters talk at you and you can't interact with the dialogue at all.

Forgot to add

Think of all those moments in HL2 where characters talk at you and you can't interact with the dialogue at all, and HLfags consider that more immersive than what Deus Ex did

SS2 is a great FPS though - the controls in SS1 are too shit for it to be an FPS though.

So according to this the answer is yes.
I hope you get the help you need soon, OP.

Deus Ex is a shooter with RPG elements

>Can't argue the point
>Have to bring up some irrelevant shit

Desperate old men

Attached: 1445973576752.png (515x510, 296K)

this
i love both games user and i can say deus ex is better but this thread is ridiculous
get help

Half Life has an intentionlly played out scifi story that was cliche even when it came out. Deus Ex has a better plot with deeper geopolitical themes.

The real redpill is realizing that's completely irrelevant because the WAY half life PRESENTED its story is so much fucking better than Deus Ex's borderline comedy cutscenes. Half Life tells its story in such a good way that it elevates a literal retelling of doom into something that captivated people for decades. Deus Ex's story works IN SPITE of its presentation and mostly because of the world building and dialogue.

Is OP the same fag who spammed Duke vs Blood threads a few weeks back?

Can you explain what the greentext lines in the OP are supposed to be saying (if anything at all) in English? It's completely incomprehensible to me.

>I don't understand English

Based retard

It's pretty obvious what I mean, Shit Life 1 and 2 are lauded for their "immersive storytelling", which involves the player looking at things rather than interacting with things. The tram ride in HL1, any time you interact with Alyx in HL2; these moments that have nothing to do with gameplay but just staring at stuff.

>The real redpill is realizing that's completely irrelevant because the WAY half life PRESENTED its story is so much fucking better than Deus Ex's borderline comedy cutscenes.

Deus Ex actually tells a story, not lame environmental "dead guy with a gun near his hand scene" #43463 - of course if you don't try, you can act like a retard and pretend you won (like HL1 and 2 as a series as a whole was about - please tell me the ebin conclusion to the G-man story - oh you can't)

HL doesn't have stealth, HL wins.

so you obviously hate half life and prefer deus ex?
i get that but why do you have to argue with random people online about it, why do you have to make 10 or 20 threads about it? what do you gain from it? it's unhealthy dude

Half Life games aren't even complicated enough to present other methods of play like stealth

It's not that I hate Half Life, it's more of what it fans do to elevate kind of a not all that special game - and I love that these homos that celebrated its worst features i.e. the use of X-files or LOST tier mysteries finally bit them in the ass

For one thing, you play in the first-person, but the cutscenes are third-person which is less immersive.

In Deus ex*

>but the cutscenes are third-person which is less immersive.

Yeah nah, I find I'm more immersed in my character and what's going on in Deus Ex than just pretending to talk to characters like Alyx and "le ebin xD silent protagonist so funneh" shit they try to do.

Valvefags just want to justify why they play Counter Strike

unironically have sex mate

>Literally ends on a cliff hanger
So does DX you mongoloid

>immersive sim
Can someone translate zoomerspeak?

First have sex with Alyx Vance

... how? Deus Ex has no cliffs left to hang from, it's on top of the mountain as it ends with all mysteries solved and the ending of your personal preference based on what other characters have told you. Meanwhile, HL1 has never explained what has happened or who the G-man is

A meme name for games like Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and the new Prey.

Nigga you're fucking obsessed

This term is at least as old as Deus Ex itself

JUST

it is pretty much a given that all spam threads are made by the same mentally damaged person.

if an enemy is not looking at you they are not aware of you, it has stealth.
if you are judging against a game for having stealth you are worthless.

>cutscenes
>immersion
Pick one

All genre names are memes.
TBS games are usually not strategic at all.
shooters are usually not even 20% of the time spent shooting, they are more like walking sims.
most games branding themselves as simulators have huge abstractions in gameplay that invalidates any pretense of simulation, etc.

someone comes up with a distinct name for a specific group of games in an existing genre, if it sticks, a new genre is born, simple as that.

Deus Ex has a much better story, but Half Life has much better gameplay.

Both are high tier games tho.

DX and HL are so different gameplay wise you can't really compare them. I could agree if you mean gunplay though

>but Half Life has much better gameplay.

Where are its RPG elements? No dialogue system, 0/10 shit game

BASED

Fuck Valve and Valve games

Basis

Half-Life doesn't have cutscenes you unbelievable retard.

What? You know perfectly well what's happened by Lambda Core, the sample opened the gate, the Nihilanth held it open, so you have to go kill the Nihilanth. It doesn't need to spell out for you who the G-man is, all you know is that he's been watching you, and at the end he pulls you out of Xen and puts you in his pocket dimension. Done. Your adventure is over, you saved the world, and now you finally get a well-deserved break.

have a break on me gordon *winks*

i literally just played HL1 and 2 on hard modes

HL1 is better
HL2 has too many driving sequences and physics puzzles, combat feels ''''''floatier''''''', too much waiting with cutscenes which 1 doesn't have except the very beginning

whoms't qouth

alas, sarghey

Immersive sim is a retarded term anyway.