So now that the dust has settled, and it's been ***free*** on ps4 for a week or so what did we all think about it...

So now that the dust has settled, and it's been ***free*** on ps4 for a week or so what did we all think about it? Honestly i was a little disappointed we didn't get much cage weirdness and instead of exploring AI and consciousness we got a heavy handed allegory for racism and slavery.

Attached: detroit-become-human---button-fin-1553106540549.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uU7rnTG9QOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does Yea Forums hate talking about video games so much?

Was surprised there were genuinely good parts in there along with the usual Cage trainwreck after Beyond Two Souls

It was just really boring most of the time. Did get a good laugh out of the roboshwitz scene tho

the cliches annoyed me. But the visuals were great. shame about the 20-30 fps in some parts. game would be better as a redux on 5 or a good pc.

the consequence of relative online anonimity and insecure teenagers unable to cope with this fact.

connor's story was cool

yeah, shame about the other 2 fagtron stories though. I quit halfway, even got the BD here. just like GOW I'm getting more and more tired of these lame ass story games.

Connor was fantastic, saved by the buddy cop trope with genuinely good pacing in how he can become deviant or double down on his programming.

Kara is boring overall, with lots of Cage's random, pointless scenes thrown in, with a twist at the end that invalidates the entire arc trying to be demonstrated.

Markus is not only on the nose, but like being punched in the face with symbolism, where you almost want to go genocidal simply because you feel like you're playing into Cage's "subtle" message regarding racism being bad. And it has an awful romance subplot.

Just like every single Cage game that comes out, 1/3 of the game is fantastic, whereas the rest is preachy, nonsensical garbage in which you're hoping and praying it goes back to what is good, but it never does long enough. Indigo Prophecy had its initial murderer/cop split which was intriguing, that went into AI monsters and Mayan cults. Heavy Rain had the sections of investigation and trying to figure out riddles infused with moral dilemmas, and then you pan back to shaking your ass at a club or getting thrown into a vehicle smasher while the most stereotypical black guy literally cackles like some Saturday morning cartoon villain.

The game is way better overall, with actually lots of impact from your choices and some really strong characters. But holy hell, all I want is the Connor bits, everything else could go.

>Just like every single Cage game that comes out, 1/3 of the game is fantastic
Beyond was 100% shit

Honest to god, I forgot about Beyond even existing. You're completely right. Let me correct that, all of Cage's games except Beyond and Omikron have 1/3 that is fantastic.

I only remember Beyond because you can set an house on fire during a party.

this guy basically sums it up well for me. connor ultimately saved the game for me.
beyond was such a terrible fucking mess of a game.

Attached: icantbelievetheguystreams.jpg (1343x719, 115K)

This, really. Also, conners voice actor is so uncanny, even the way he speaks seems so naturaly robotic I kinda wonder if he isnt an autist.

That's my feelings towards DBH exactly.

>Tfw finding out lots of shit that made Connor's interactions with people so good was off script or outside of Cage's "vision" of the story

That game was only saved by those two actors actually giving a damn and trying to make the lines their own.

Attached: 57b.jpg (719x588, 83K)

>If Connor's va didn't gave a shit, even his parts would be bad.

So did you guys play blade runner conner or buddy cop conner?

Attached: 1559114695319.jpg (886x886, 36K)

>Mfw when they first mention they're sending the robots to camps

Attached: 1559717423744.gif (326x282, 3.25M)

Traditionally, sci fi uses things like androids to explore the way people think about issues like bigotry and human value. (For a must-read example, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick.)

David Cage misses the mark because he does it completely backwards in DBH. He used historical racism to explore the way people treat ANDROIDS. Look at Marcus, forced to sit in the back of the bus. Look at this sign outside a business, stating androids aren't welcome inside. Look at Kara being treated as a slave and forced into a death camp. Does it remind you of anything? Does it? Eh? Does it?

This might be fantastic social commentary if androids existed and had consciousness and people mistreated them. But androids don't exist.

So the whole thing falls flat on its face there and has to survive on its own internal merits. And those merits suck because all the humans are just straw assholes and the androids have barely any more personality beyond being cookie-cutter victims and freedom fighters.

It doesn't help that David Cage loves plot holes and outright lying to the audience and narrative cheating. The story is a complete dumpster fire.

Everything else about the game is underwhelming or just bad. I can usually understand why people can enjoy a game I didn't, but I will never understand the love for David Cage games.

Nah, he's really good. You can tell the difference in his voices when he goes deviant.
I hope this game takes off his career a bit more, he deserves it.

Oh Im not saying he didnt do very well as a deviant, he did very, very fucking well my man, its just outside of it irl, he sounds very much like normal robot connor, thats all.

>gets to be human for a line
>david cage fucking HATED it

Attached: 1553588390173.jpg (631x658, 39K)

Connor was based.

Ok, but there is any story where it talks about people and androids but its not a metaphor or a pretend?

Unironically, all the political bullshit aside. It sucks. It really, really sucks. It doesn't do anything particularly new or interesting in terms of gameplay, storytelling or graphical design. Some of the areas at the beginning of the game are max comfy, but that's about it. The peak of the game is your first Conner mission, and it's all downhill from there. If the rest of the game was like that first mission, it would have been my GOTY. Instead, it's really tired and trite with even less gameplay requiring actual thought than Heavy Rain.

One unintended side effect is how absolutely fucking hilarious it is. It takes itself. SO. SERIOUSLY. The scene where Robot Moses takes his badass coat off of a conveniently placed shovel in the middle of a landfill will remain one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. I laughed a solid half hour at that scene. It's full of unintentional comedic gold.

is the game easy to platnium?

Connor story is nice.
Kara is cute so it's okay.
Fuck Markus though.

Overall, it's the best Cage "game" imo.

>cage dropped the whole detective thing half way into the game
>cage dropped the robot runaway story half way through the game
>Markus could've pushed the whole do androids have consciousness ark but instead we got le revolution ecksdee
He's such a fucking hack, how can one man ruin so many good ideas. The set up was perfect, small scale day to day life stories will always be more interesting than save the world trite.

Conner story is the definition of missed potential, though. I can't enjoy it because of what it could have been in the hands of a competent writer.

I've recently began downloading it on PS Plus. I had to delete things but managed to free up the needed 75gb. So far it's downloaded the soundtrack and the art. Will it download the game itself afterwards? Thanks, I was expecting all these things to come with it.

*wasn't

>So far it's downloaded the soundtrack and the art.
Those are seperate apps, you don't need them

Yes but it takes multiple playthroughs to platinum.

I can't seem to stop them downloading. It's given me Heavy Rain as well even though I have it on PS Now already.

I think it's downloading the game itself now but says it's only 12gb in size which I thought was too small.

>how can one man ruin so many good ideas.
Because he is ideas guy. What he really needs are some strong writers who fill his ideas/visions with good stuff. I bet he has a giant ego and is no fun to work with

>unintentional comedic gold.
What's the funniest optimal playthrough for this?

More like he needs to piss off, all of the game's good ideas were made by telling him off
With friends

Imagine being quantic dream, full of experienced devs that can make lifelike visuals and build beautiful worlds, yet the guy in charge of the story is a fucking idiot also your boss.

Conner can die and come back treating conner like kenny from southpark was fucking hilarious with me and my friends

So every kojimbo game

>"Still immortal, Conner?"
>"In a way."
Fucking good shit.

Attached: 1487259661427.jpg (389x239, 29K)

It's always the same thing with these "decide your own adventure" games. The first time through I was impressed by how big the branching choice diagram was, only to be disappointed because it boils down to the usual few endings that are decided almost at the end of the game. Most of the choices don't even matter.

Yeah, the game was fucking impressive on a technical level.

I liked the perma death aspect though, it made everything so intense.

>when ur that much of a hack your underlings publicly and openly ridicule you
guess that's also what Kojima goes through, assuming he'd be able to understand the actors in the first place.

This, kojimbo complex. this moron needs to be more in the background being a creative and needs an ACTUAL director telling him:
'No cage NO! You cannot fight a physical manifestation of the internet as a low poly model!'

Attached: unflinching mind.gif (260x260, 1.66M)

youtube.com/watch?v=uU7rnTG9QOA

Kara has the best soundtrack

I've waited for this game for 8 years and Cage didn't get Valorie Curry to do a shower scene. What a hack.

Attached: c83afb0d68ccb8ec56e54758db5970e4.jpg (679x1000, 134K)

>a lead character dies
>their story threads are reduced to near-zero progression with almost no interaction even though there would be ample possibility for it with the sattelite characters.

Eh. I had a ''tarnished'' playthrough and it made everything feel rushed as fuck.
I'm also not a fan of the game's micro-chapters system because it constantly takes you out of the experience.

I didn't say that, I said Cage needs to be removed entirely.