youtube.com/watch?v=jZWKxrPiiSQ&list=PLB5E59ED5829BDA4C
youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3bATVTykM&list=PLB5E59ED5829BDA4C&index=4
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even now, after all you've done, you can still go home

Attached: uExGQ3z.gif (631x325, 2.23M)

>Have to do bad thing to play game
>Get bitched at by game for doing thing
Why do people think this is good writing or deep?

Is this Mass Effect or that Obsidian game nobody played?

>I'm the shooty guy on the screen

Attached: 5ac1b8838a7aff89af3ff677ba3f070d[1].jpg (720x303, 27K)

>game tries to be preachy but completely destroys its own argument

Attached: XKnAWfV.jpg (1481x783, 140K)

>brainlets still can't grasp what Spec Ops showed them
>brainlets still keep selfinserting
>brainlets still get booty blasted by Spec Ops

Attached: 1547442091669.gif (230x230, 1.27M)

Every "you just don't get it" faggot before you failed to explain what the point of the game is.
Will you break the pattern?

The game is about Walkers descent into madness and how he believed himself to be a hero. It isn't saying "you bad cuz you play this"

Not yet. More people need to die.

refer to It's clearly addressing the player.

It's telling you it's a game so you shouldn't be bothered by bombing a few civilians. It's a fucking loading screen that gets you right into what Walker is feeling and sets the stage.

You choose to keep on playing for your entertainment needs user. It is not the best writing but it is competent

It's such a fucking brazen attempt at moralizing. The game making you kill civilians is not the issue, transparently trying to shame you for playing it is just offensive. Anyone with an IQ above 60 KNOWS that it's harmless virtual entertainment, who is this message even aimed at?

Attached: Spec-Ops-To-Kill.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

The tard Amerilards who thinks they can beat the government with their shitty rifles because cowadooty showed they totally can.

>small 3 man team of delta operators get inserted to inf out what happened to Dubai after a fuckhuge sandstorm
>proceed to slaughter AN ENTIRE US INFANTRY DIVISION who were just doing their job and trying to survive in the isolated city
>all just to find out their CO was dead long before you arrived
What other games allow me to play a schizophrenic villain?

Attached: 1562751874830.png (316x208, 80K)

Technically, it was all a dying dream, because they all died in the helicopter crash.

Like Clockwork

The helicopter crashes halfway through the game, by that point you have already slaughtered hundreds of soldiers and civilians

>Get bitched at by game for doing thing
Literally never happens

>7 years later
>cucks still don't get what "the point of the game is"
lmao

Bump

>WAR BAD
wow such an epic game 10/10

Attached: 1562225192480.jpg (239x249, 4K)

There's a huge difference between "does not condone" and "does not".

That’s why we have acceptable casualties.

But this isn't real so why should you care?

bet you also thought that was the message of Apocalypse Now pleb

This just in, an unwarranted assault on the 33rd means, hehe you guessed it an end to the ceasefire! Any insurgents willing to surrender please report to your nearest outpost for processing, hehe.
What the fuck was his problem?

>game is scripted from A to Z
>tries to pretend it has player agency
What are some other games aside from BioWare trash that do this?

REAL HUMAN BEAN

>tfw I thoroughly enjoyed Spec Ops and Yea Forums can't stop me

I wish more games made attempts at artistic storytelling and juxtaposition between irl and vidya

Attached: spec.png (981x1600, 2.17M)

>Despite all that you've done... you can still go home

Attached: 1545924612291.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

TINTED WINDOWS, BULLETPROOF

What are the scariest two sentences in the English language?

Attached: SpecOpsTheLine_TheRadioMan.jpg (800x450, 123K)

People having weapons is one of the only things that prevents totalitarian regimes. It becomes a lot fucking bigger of a problem to put a cop on every street corner, when they're not the only ones that have guns. Every time you see something about disarmament, it's something a government want to feel safe.

bioshock

Spec Ops is a fine game. I still don't like that much because the message is too on-the n-ose and it's too short.

Attached: _20190322_105153.jpg (892x338, 70K)

This game can be summed up in Former Aussie PM Tony Abbotts words "Shit happens".

Attached: yo.png (434x575, 527K)

This

>What the fuck was his problem?
Dunno, but he did have some great tunes.

Nolan North's best performance desu

The game is about Walkers descent into madness. If you self insert to see yourself as Walker then you are a basement dwelling weirdo.

Always saw this as less of a simple decent into madness, and more about attempt to cope with the actions/consequences and the madness/hallucination it spawned in Walker's/Konrad's mind. Either Konrad imagined the heroic Walker while killing himself as part of a cognitive dissonance to die as a hero, or the opposite is true. Either way, he still ends up facing the truth, and who dies only determines which personality of the same person won at the moment of death. So still, it's about the character pointlessly trying to escape his personal hell only to end up at the same spot from the other side, but it's not about the player.

Dumb self insertcuck.

To be fair, it is about descending into madness. Literally. You're always climbing down or falling down on every levels, even when logically doesn't make any sense. The part where you're going upward is the last level.

OH BOI DO I?
It was like rrrratatatatattatatta

Spec Ops the Line and MGS Ground Zeroes are the only games where you can kill Marines, why is that?

what are some other games like this, tps with at least some idea of a good story or presentation

Gears of War

Except for every modern online Call of Duty game
And many RTS and strategy games
Rising Storm Vietnam
Insurgency: Sandstorm

Whatever, I didn't care one bit about muh cibilienz or any other bullshit a bunch of sissy liver krauts try to shove down my throat about war and combat. I just enjoyed mowing down those sandniggers once they killed Lugo.

youtube.com/watch?v=I0mC__bGcmM
It's got a decent soundtrack at least.

why do Yea Forums hate spec ops so much?

SOMEONE TAKE OUT THAT FUCKING SNIPER!

reminder that the shallow choices before wp chapter were in just to create contrast to the fact that walker "had no choice". that's how he copes with the atrocity and because he's lying to himself he creates a reality bubble where everyone but him is guilty for the crimes that happen around him.

Kane & Lynch 2

Because they played it twice.

Always been a big fan of youtube.com/watch?v=dAmlccziddM

But I'm always known that it's a trick, games like this never provides actual choices. When the WP scene happens, I knew that it's his own fault and not some boogeyman, and I just ride along with the story to see what will happen next.

it's not that apparent if you are not expecting it. the way walker reacts to the whole farce is fairly video game esque, like he says right afterwards that their hand was forced and that it was conrad's fault. and in the TV station in the very next segment walker again throws a strange line "there's gotta be something here" and what a coincidence he finds the radio. the whole plot develops (or more like gets developed by walker himself) like a generic story of a war hero if you play the game expecting another run of the mill military shooter in 2012.

>run of the mill military shooter in 2012
Funny when both Black Ops 1 & 2 has interesting storylines albeit still a generic military shit.

I alway like to think of Spec Ops as the western equivalent of Nier Gestalt/Replicant. Both are story focused games with flawed gameplay that toy around with the idea of how morality is portrayed in games. Both games even force you to commit horrible actions.

I love both games and wish more games were like them, but for some reason Spec Ops gets criticised for what it does whereas Nier gets endless praise for it. I feel it's a massive case of "it's okay when Japan does it".

Also the licensed songs are 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=jZWKxrPiiSQ&list=PLB5E59ED5829BDA4C
youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3bATVTykM&list=PLB5E59ED5829BDA4C&index=4

That's a weird take.

Why are you self inserting?

I'd say the biggest difference that makes people praise Nier and shit on Spec-Ops is because Nier is tragic while Spec-Ops is horrific.

They're not self-conscious, they don't know what they're doing other than pressing a button for bing bing wahoo