The Yakuza games gets altered in the localization for SJW political reasons all the time and you didn't even know about...

The Yakuza games gets altered in the localization for SJW political reasons all the time and you didn't even know about it.

First case
dojimasdragongirl.wordpress.com/2017/09/19/thats-not-what-she-said-or-it-was-better-in-japanese/

Second case
oneangrygamer.net/2019/07/judgment-localizer-changed-npcs-self-expression-to-a-political-catcall-to-educate-males/88473/

Attached: 45453454.jpg (1200x675, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scarymommy.com/miss-catcalls/
m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/men-rarely-catcall-me-any-more-i-hate-that-our-culture-makes-me-miss-it_n_55ad4bffe4b0d2ded39fac74?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJbd9QqEQlknIX6rFo93Ain_bn3y3CpPCYC-q_wuWtOnNqxJEYel7ASySJEmtdqw45eWiHxlFeY2EdybPe6yyGbDp8b6ETcnrwsVxOwt0l8sQ7Nx2zQKPTrl0WoyHyss9NfAb93o5XfFU26oEEIOELAFLq1VQqg8k7GP7x7gPTJv
mobile.twitter.com/TriggerRedd
twitter.com/TriggerRedd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>oneangryfaggot
Discarded.

One seething tranny

Not even a huge deal to be honest.

I think it is, Kiryu is confirmed not virgin but the localizers cock blocked him in the english version.

>Kiryu is confirmed not virgin

Attached: 1557626396684.jpg (230x255, 17K)

It was obvious they fucked even in the english version, the guy that wrote that just can't get a hint.

Attached: dame moment.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

>turning a bisexual story into a gay story
hahahaha thats gotta be some next level shit for the few bis that care

Attached: 1551007084171.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Thanks, not buying any SEGA games from now on.

Attached: 1552225305006.png (413x367, 333K)

localizations are always filled with SJW changes, no exception

>oneangryincel
lmao lose weight and have sex before you shoot someone

Why are you fatasses constantly outraged over the most boring shit imaginable? Go the fuck outside

It's the principle of it. If you do something to the most boring shit imaginable, then the most boring shit imaginable is replaced by the former second-most boring shit imaginable. Any form of politicizing, censorship, or unwarranted changes must be fought against. The only time a game should be censored or changed is if it directly conflicts with the law of the land.

Remember; all evil needs to thrive is for good men to do nothing.

Attached: unknown.png (579x366, 169K)

This.
Your manufactured outrage isn't going to change anything anyway. If you want the original text, then learn how to read it.

>using the english dub
Thats where you fucked up.

Why weren't you that outraged at pokemon folk stories mistranslation?

no joke had to look up catcalling
jesus christ americans

>Nooo! A video game disagrees with my political views!! I'm so oppressed!! Literally unplayable!!

>OneFaggyIncel
Go away, Billy.

>Man has a right wing view
>INCEL INCEL INCEL DELEEEETE THIIIIIS
Could """y'all""" be any more transparent?

Go away, Billy.

I want to know how hilariously obese the one angry gamer staff is

>crying endlessly about toys and games is conservatism in 2019
sad

>NOOO Y-YOU CAN'T JUST SAY MEAN THINGS TO ME!!!

holy shit majima is such a gigantic faggot christ almighty I'm almost dropping the game right about now because of how bad he is. please tell me most of the content from now on isnt him.
>yeah i was fucking tortured for one year by the yakuza and basically became their little bitch boi after but I want to go back to them because of muh bro who will totally get out of prison ;_;
YIKES. and he has such a sweet entry too when hes introduced. such a shame.

I dont even know which side you're mocking since literally everyone acts like this now

>changing an irrelevant detail in a VN is literal evil
Conservatives, everybody.

and?

No user one side seethes significsntly more than the other.

I actually vote for parties that believe in strong borders but personal liberty of all citizens which is basically nobody. In addition, I never said it was evil, the quote was just relevant.

There is no reason to change things like that. None.

nobody except losers cares, autist

Then you shouldn't be bothered what the creators of a game do with their game. But conservatives are the most hypocritical people on the planet.

>oneangrygamer
embarrassing

>creators of a game
tard

You have 0 argument lmao, get fucked

It is bullshit but the shills are flooding the thread already. They're not payed good enough to have any meaningful discussions so all they can do is insult or try to derail threads.

Fuck censorship
Fuck snowflakes
Fuck social media

>Fuck people expressing different views than me
FTFY ;)

hiya tranny, can't wait for you to kill yourself

>Fuck people expressing different views lets censor them.
FTFY

these disgusting faggots are so transparent, hey shills you aren't fooling nobody
ffs the one went straight to
>lolol convservatards
are you even trying tranny?
as if opposing retard logic driving puritanism is not what rational people/v/autists do

shit, the only part that Yea Forums would do that paralels the shills is make fun of Billy the lolcow, but when his screeching is based on actual cuk SJW behaviour, then the focus is gangbanging those stupid niggers

Because I'm sick of Westerners still being the same cultural imperialists but acting like they're better. Constantly barging into other countries and saying NO YOU'R NOT DOING LIFE RIGHT! especially now when the Western idea of doing life right is watching your wife get into a three way with a migrant and a bulldyke while you get off to your own dilations.

I used to be normal but now I just really want to see SJWs get their throats slashed open in the streets. Destruction, sorry, 'editing' of others' art is grotesque.

>Buzzword buzzword buzzword
Is there any grey matter left in your skull? Or is it all reduced to mush?
It is funny that you think people have to shill for Sega, when literally not even Yea Forums cares enough to give the topic more than 40 replies

do you know what a buzzword is you sped?
nigger faggot tranny aren't
and the shills aren't shilling for Sega fuckboy, it's the plebbit contingent stanning for sjw shit

I know yakuza fans will accept literally anything in the games because they have stockholm syndrome but it'll be interesting to watch them defend SJW localizations like they defend piss poor combat and hours of cutscenes.

based. I was on the fence about picking up Kiwami 2 but now I will for sure because it triggers retards like you.

He has the largest presence in 0 but unless you enjoy him acting like a spastic retard instead of like Kiryu but with brain cells and an accent, you are not going to like Kiwami.

It feels like you're vomiting words reading your post

>g-guys the channers are catching on what should we do?
>what if we derail the thread some more? No.
>more insults?
>nope
>oh I know, let's dissect their posts and indirectly insult them.
>lol frank you're a genius. I'm making sure boss gives you a bump in your pay from $0.20 to $0.42
>thanks bill, lets give these channers hell or in dumb channer speak "kyaa x3"

>oneangrytranny

Attached: 0F27B59D-7E9A-493E-8CC6-E4E8BEC8CB6C.jpg (1526x2616, 782K)

>oag
sup William

oh you're hurt by meanie words cocksuck? go prep your bull

>That one /pol/shill who never capitalizes his sentences

I can pick him out every thread.

Attached: 5.jpg (279x304, 29K)

How do these people get into the industry and ruin everything?

Japanese translators seem to be overwhelmingly sjw. Look at the old console localization scene for instance.

>"In a weird way, I saw something of an educational experience here, because our player base is primarily male — and I do kinda hope that being thrust into the first-person perspective of a woman being catcalled felt a little gross. I hope there’s some level of sympathy for Saori, and on the larger scale, empathy for women who deal with it on a regular basis.”
>The article ends with Strichart admitting that he and the crew purposely altered the scene while making mention that it’s a “liberal change” because he couldn’t “fathom the arrogance”:
>“In the English dub, though, this was changed to ‘smile for me.’ It’s admittedly a liberal change, and maybe I’m just still kind of haunted by the gall of that sentence [in the video], but I think that kind of codified it as catcalling a little more for an English speaking audience who would choose to play the dub."

Dude what the fuck? Guess i'm not buying Judgement at all then.

You're such a brave little culture warrior, user. I'm so glad we have men like you fighting the good fight

The real reason is because the japanese companies are too stupid to know any english to have internal quality checks on the dialogue giving the translators free reign to do anything.
This is the case in a lot of places. All the shit that we know as english speakers is oftrn pretty bastardized in other languages just like this.

We wouldnt have Yea Forums without that attitude. We are basically a community of male spinsters

THIS

Attached: 1562640810675.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

>wordpress
>oneangrygamer
yeah, not gonna bother with either of these lol

Attached: yakuzasmile.jpg (326x317, 22K)

Not seeing anything wrong with that, it's a country's responsibility to have its citizens be both safe and free to pursue their happiness.

Please tell me this isn't in the game. Seems like a complete departure from zero where everyone took shit in their stride.

what are you fucking babbling about

The dialogue. Was that not self explanatory moron.

scarymommy.com/miss-catcalls/
m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/men-rarely-catcall-me-any-more-i-hate-that-our-culture-makes-me-miss-it_n_55ad4bffe4b0d2ded39fac74?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJbd9QqEQlknIX6rFo93Ain_bn3y3CpPCYC-q_wuWtOnNqxJEYel7ASySJEmtdqw45eWiHxlFeY2EdybPe6yyGbDp8b6ETcnrwsVxOwt0l8sQ7Nx2zQKPTrl0WoyHyss9NfAb93o5XfFU26oEEIOELAFLq1VQqg8k7GP7x7gPTJv

Nobody even catcalls women anymore anyway. Now I just want all that political gender bullshit out of my videogames, is that too much to ask?

just a 0fag being retarded
nothing new honestly

Attached: 1562934690950.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

nigger

Calls me a fag. Post a fucking gay ass picture pottery.

You're the moron making baseless assumptions about a single line of dialogue, retarded 0fag.

how do you know it's gay

Hey trannies, who the fuck are you trying to kid?

I have played every yakuza game. I have never seen anything this overly leftist in any of the translations. Stop defending this shit.

he's just shitposting /pol/ shit, ignore him

Based, not going to buy Yakuza games i think.
Also, fuck localizers, in 2019 it's better to actually learn language by yourself instead of trusting someone else.

>he's just shitposting /pol/ shit

Ahh it all makes sense now. Go and fucking dilate you disgusting tranny.

>someone claims bad translation
>everyone tantrums and fights when they cant even read the original to know thr changes

Is dilate and tranny you idiots new version of kike and rabbi?

Do the Japanese get just as mad as Western fans when their localized games alter things? I really want to know.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13 Bethesda Censors Fallout 3 For Japan.png (877x484, 121K)

mobile.twitter.com/TriggerRedd

Here’s the localizer for those who want to tell him that you disagree with his way of doing things and want to request he not change shit to fit his views.

>mobile

On autistic places like 2chan? Yeah. But theres also the sentiment there that anyone playing western shit is stupid anyway.
Stuff made in English gets translated all over the world, and its often fucked up too. I can't think of notable examples because I have incel dimentia, but I have seen various things in Japanese that I know the english source that are horribly translated. I watched some TNG japanese dub once for practice and it is at times completely losing english nuance.
I suppose this is just the nature of language though and its really not something to get so mad at.

twitter.com/TriggerRedd

I suppose it's a good thing that English speaking fans are the ones to expect an accurate and literate translation of a work and for the most part get that. Reading what you say it seems like a popular English work probably has a completely different character and script with all translations for the most part. That TNG dub is probably completely different in some Eastern European language from it's English original too.

If theres one thing I learned since gamergate, flaming people on twitter almost never gets you what you want.
But who knows, maybe calling him a dilating tranny will make them change the localization and never make this mistake again.

It makes no sense they remove the tranny chasing mission from 3 and they leave Pleasure king in 0

You think injecting political shit in a game is missing some nuance.

It’s best to play things in their original language. Playing Nier Automata in Japanese with English subs was shocking to me. The personality 2B displayed in text and audio was pretty different

>a right wing view
Stop making right wing looks bad.

I don’t flame people, that’s retarded. I just asked him that I disagree with his way of localizing cause I’m not interested in his views, but that of the creators.

The thing is that dubs and subs of English works probably get that and even more injected into them from whatever country is doing them. It seems English speaking fans are more vigilant in knowing this though which is a good thing. But there are so many nations that bastardize an English work to the point that it might as well be their own script. I think we have it better.

Yes, from reading about different takes on the Netflix changes to Evas dubs, it seems the previous Italian dub was incomprehensible and Netflix did a complete retranslation for it I think some other languages were similar.
Its the case for like every classical literature work as well. Don Quixote has a newer translation that is incredible in English and was done by a woman with insane autistic understanding of old Spanish, but still, it will never 100% match the original in its contemporary time. It's not something to lose sleep over, or if it really bothers you, be like the people with smaller spoken languages and primarily consume media only originally in your native language.
I have an esl bf and we talk about this kind of thing. Sometimes I explain certain extreme linguistic nuances to him about stuff like politics and Ive noticed its basically like spending 10x the energy for .1% additional understanding.
I would say to anyone really bothered by localisations and such, learn at least 2 new languages, and your understanding of translating and subtle linguistic nuance in general will help you learn to stop giving a shit.

The perfect way would be to put an option that lets you choose like CoD MW2 had in that mission where you killed people in the airport

Yes often times it is extreme nuance. Like the eva outrage about netflix changing Kaworu from the original. The Japanese is not explicite at all. The word used is suki to describe kaworus affection for shinji. Suki can mean everything between like and love but often doesn't carry the fully weight of love in the sense of two people being in love. The only way to truely translate it would be to ask the original writer. Words carry a ton of meaning through culture. Its simply impossible to ever fully translate a work 1:1 and maintain all nuance. Likewise, minor nuance can actually be a huge deal and an unskilled translator can easily overlook context and culture and fuck something where the new meaning is the opposite of the original even.

why the fuck yakuza doesn't have general in /vg/, even falcom has a lively one.

>2028
>trump is still the president of the neo United States
>Games have to be made for both the NUS and the Confederation of United States of Justice
>Launch game on my switchU
>This game contains scenes typically found in everryday life that players may find offensive and disturbing
>Would you like the radical Right wing version of radical leftist version

technically that's already in place because this retarded change is only in the english dub track
judgement has two localization tracks if you people aren't aware

>Not even huge deal to be honest

Big brother control everything I think and know, make sure to teach me how to think properly. I wouldnt want to go off thinking for myself, as an individual.

This world is doomed.

the people translating the game aren't the ones who created it, retardo.

>they still havent learned japanese

its becoming a forced requirement as time passes

Attached: 123354564.jpg (848x1200, 155K)

lmao what is this

too brainlet

not everyone wants to learn a new language to play video games you fucking weeb trash

We hate Yakuza now?
but I just bought Kiwami 2 on PC.

Attached: 1562640699836.jpg (900x462, 77K)

>Dating phone girls in 0 ending in hotels
>H-h-he's a virgin like me. REEEEEEEEE

what kind of "people" plays english localizations

based

It takes like 2 or 3 weeks max you brainlet
I'm sure you can take a break from fapping to traps to learn something new

It's true, the most bizarre line in the game.

Attached: Judgment_20190708132232.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

>he can’t read moon speak
ばか

Who gives a shit? Series is shit.

>someone says a thing
>*spergs* /POL/
bad dilations

>oneangryincel

you mean years ?

>oneangrytranny

Judgment has two dubs, why the fuck would I care about the english voice version?

EOPs will literally be sat on their death beds begging for fan translations of shit. You can't get through to these people, they're delusional.

it's the new version of "you're this obvious you disgusting subhuman"
only thing that changed is the shilltposter

Yakuza chads give me an idea. I got 0, 1, 2 on steam and just finished 0. Its been years since I enjoyed everything about a game this much. Yakuza 6 is super cheap on ps store atm should I just get it ? Remastered or not, not having 3/4/5 on ps4 or pc really hurts right now.

What's up with those borders on your screenshot?

More like 5+ years if you're being self taught and don't live in Japan.

Attached: 1561341399870.gif (500x513, 251K)

>5 years
What's it like having a brain the size of a fucking pea, dude?

>playing 6 without playing the rest first
Don't be that guy

Have sex
>inb4 dialate

obsessed

Dilate

I studied a month before N1 and did fine, Japanese isn't hard

I'm completely new to how sega handles Yakuza as series. If its guaranteed to happen, I can wait 1 or 2 years for the remasters.

0 is the only good one. Don't be a retard who buys every single game in a series because you enjoyed one of them. None of the other entries are half as good as 0 and Kiwami is going to make you realise that very quickly. And it's not even the worst one. 3 and 6 are terrible.

It's already happening

based

selling every yakuza game i ever bought now

???????

What's leftist about

Seething

Why are westerners always so fucking sanctimonious? What ever happened to that edginess they had in the 80s and early 90s?

Are the subtitles different if you play it in Japanese?

they're insane

jesus christ
so this is the power of Yea Forums weebs

Cope

Yes. They went pretty above and beyond to have two sets of subtitles.

no u

dilate

Have sex

Rent free

lmao alt-incel snowflakes get triggered by every tiny little thing these days
truly the new SJWs

Obsessed

Subtitles and "dubtitles", yeah

People got sick of underage faggots and autists who insist that everything has to be edgy or it's automatically bad.
Face it, even if most people aren't offended by "offensive" stuff, it's tiresome as fuck listening to people whine about it. In a world filled with so many actual problems that people are struggling with, nobody is going to listen to someone crying about a line of dialogue in a game being changed slightly unless they're an objective fucking loser who spends their entire night and day on Yea Forums and watching "censorship" vloggers making mountains out of molehills on youtube. None of these people have jobs.

This is just the reality. I don't want the lines changed either but you seriously can't sit on Yea Forums and scream and cry about "society" when your issue is probably the smallest "problem" anyone in the real world could ever imagine.

Now go ahead and reply with "but the SJWs" etc etc. It won't make my post any less true.

based and hard-truthpilled

Seething Ken-sama

>muh real life problems

Nobody cares about that shit. Letting fiction do its thing is a perfectly fine thing to stand up for

>nobody cares about real life problems
There are dumb Yea Forums posts and then there's this

Nobody gives a shit about real life nonsense compared to fiction. You bringing in real life has no bearing on anything

still using mom and dad's credit cards to get by, huh

What are you employed as, user? You do have a job, don't you?

Nope SJW's have Yea Forums beat by a mile and stop defending censorship.

Attached: 1562965260487.jpg (1080x6005, 2.62M)

Americans are insufferable and ruin everything they touch

>why are westerners so sanctimonious?
>muh real life!
>literally proved that user right

A reminder that most of the places that mock Yea Forums for caring about censorship are now having a breakdown over the fact that a video game character is not gay.

Hi different user. What do you suppose works at for a living? I know you're a different person and there's no way you could know, but maybe you could take a guess?

the only person proved right is the guy who said the people who cry about this shit all day live in a bubble online and don't even have jobs

I can't believe there are people with enough autism to not understand this

Anyone who spends all their time obsessing about a single issue online will begin to think it's the only thing in the world that matters. Doesn't matter if it's a left or right issue. Whatever it may be. And the reality is almost nobody else cares aside from the like-minded obsessives you circlejerk with all day long. And everyone just agrees with each other so everyone gets dumber and gets farther and farther away from accepting any other position.

>it is at times completely losing english nuance.
There's a difference between "lost in translation" and "outright rewritten"

English localizers have a bad habit of the latter
Even when it's not shit like using the game as their soapbox, sometimes they'll just rewrite a line for no perceivable reason

Recently I was asked to look at a scene from Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, where Aced accuses Invi of "[her] heart being darkness"
But, in the Japanese dialogue, he's actually asking her if she feels guilty.

Totally rewrote the line. Why? Who even knows.

MGS2 was right

I don't really care.

Glad I stopped buying these shit rehashes.

I don't think anybody cares about Yea Forums user

In context: she almost got raped by some producers.

I'm about to play my first Yakuza game. What am I in for?

Attached: 1558760626973.jpg (720x960, 58K)

lots of censorship

You will inevitably start to feel bored. You will walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation. You will read and read and read while character models stare at each other lifelessly. You will do the same unchallenging fights hundreds of times over where enemies pose no threat. You will stare at cutscenes that play out in the slowest way possible. You'll tell yourself the story has gripped you while trying to ignore how badly written it is.
You will wonder why Yea Forums and various ecelebs hyped up this series, and begin telling yourself that YOU must be wrong, not them. You'll tell yourself it's good just to feel a part of something.

That's what you're in for.

>The dyke from Kiwami was bi and Kiryu actually dicked her on jp

Lmao, what the fuck.

Probably don't take drooling retards' word for it on what you're in for, just play it and make up your own mind

dilate

>yfw The mole gets back up and refills his health bars

Attached: HOLYFUCK.png (481x518, 464K)

>muh sjws

You incels need a hobby

obsessed

What is trying to say is is 100% correct

How is just posting throwaway buzzwords expressing different view?

Since this is ostensibly a Yakuza thread

How do I level up Hatano's friendship in Judgment?
Supposedly he's supposed to offer me a golden bat when I clear 5 bat courses
I did that, but he isn't saying anything new

>4 health bars
>less than nishiki
Saw it coming desu

this to be honest

Attached: mApVk3v.jpg (1280x1109, 245K)

Obese.

My TV display area is fucked and Yakuza just likes fucking up screenshots.

I guess pandering to /vpol/ was an easier way to get fans than learning how to draw good

Cringe

jokes on you, i speak japanese well enough to know when the subtitles are different and what is clearly a localization and not original japanese. easy to ignore the dumb shit

10 entertaining hours and 90 hours of doing the same repetitive shit over and over. And no challenge.

GOD DAMNIT TSUKINO SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU THIRSTY WHORE
I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FUCKING JOB INTERVIEW OR YOUR PARENTS
I only did your missions because the perverts are funny, stop texting me

>change one little line
>retards completely lose their shit AAAAAA CENSORSHIP REEEEEE
lmaoing @ the fake outrage incels

I already have to juggle 3 languages in my life, i will die if i try to add a 4th one

Attached: 1540123546064.png (395x336, 72K)

Hey man it's hard to come up with new outrage articles every single day
Worth it for all that sweet ad money though

Attached: 1442473284392.jpg (1003x554, 377K)

It's funny how losers made a big deal about Kiryu's alleged virginity, when Kiryu is clearly a chadcel.

never buying yakuza trash
fuck this sjw garbage

Use archive sites, shill.