XIV

>tank pulls big
>ok, ill just spam benefic II and forget about damage to keep them alive
>synastry them
>put down earthly star
>they still die
AST is fucking terrible in dungeons good lord, if they're rotating cooldowns and I'm ONLY HEALING then they shouldnt be dying

Attached: 1562050912527.jpg (959x479, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM
fflogs.com/zone/statistics/28#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=Tanks
gematsu.com/2019/06/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-expansion-post-launch-patch-schedule-announced
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ast is fine. Sounds like the problem is you

Attached: ffxiv_shadowbringers_0.jpg (400x600, 70K)

is there any conceivable reason for going from 0 to full mana on DRK while fighting ultima weapon in praetorium

Anyone down for some Syrcus Tower unsynced runs for glamour? I have a PF open in Aether under Syznbhar B.
I only need two people then we can start the grind.

Attached: FF3NES-Amon.gif (100x194, 3K)

the game itself got so bored by MSQ roulette that it just wanted things to be over as fast as possible

Give me Au'Ra girlfriend

Tankbro here. All tho i haven't lvld up gunbreaker or drk yet so i can't speak for them. Most of the time its the tanks and dps fault. If you're playing with a warrior and dps is on par, the warrior shouldn't even be close to dying before all mobs are dead and even if the dps is shit they can just kite for a bit untill nascent flash is up again. Paladin on the other is a bit more trickier if they overpull and can't handle it. They need to drop their dps to fully use their mitigation, and use clemency and in worst case passage of arms. In most peoples mind they shouldn't have to since the healer "should" be able to handle it, but its just their egos. If their gear is shit for the lvl dungeon they have to. AST is truely on the weakside, not playing scholar or whm in dungeons sets you back quite a bit, but tanks in general are so good it shouldn't matter.

All of AST's oGCDs combine can't even beat a single benediction at 10% HP in terms of raw potency.

Who was fucking who?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

What 2007 game is this?

When Hydaelin removes Ultima's invulnerability it resets everyone's MP.

Next expansion they need to redo damage numbers. Power creep has fucked the game as everyone predicted it would. Tank and Healer dps is now basically irrelevant, hence why they removed dps stances and abilities.

Attached: 1215521204217.jpg (405x447, 14K)

>Remove ammo from MCH
>It becomes more fun to play

Honestly the inability to reload my gun as a normal weaponskill without a cooldown bugged the fuck out of me. GNB has the same problem where logically you should be able to just reload your fucking gun(blade). Yeah it's autism but fuck you.

Attached: 1548764700531.jpg (680x557, 35K)

Is it normal to fail the Titania Ex SSS with like 0.5-1% left?

are you fucking retarded
tanks do like 75% of a dps's damage and white mages do more than that

We just need them to figure out what they actually want from Flamethrower. Bioblaster is 10 times more satisfying to use.

Reload really should've just been a high TP cost with no cooldown like in PVP but oh well.

Is there a semi universal food this time around? Like how Shakshouka was the food to go for almost everyone.

What's considered "acceptable" DPS by Tanks?

GW2 is the better MMO. Stop kidding youreselves.

Attached: 1abb01-Rin-Happy-Bday-GW2.jpg (900x1260, 897K)

oysters are good on everything and are bis for tanks

a lot of things would be better if they were like in pvp

Bioblaster on same CD as Drill annoys the fuck out of me.

HOW DOES HE DO IT
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM

Flamethrower is for huge pulls and when you need to finish jerking off.

Do you even know what synastry does...?

Attached: 1562398061137.jpg (670x680, 303K)

>posting the worst characters from GW2
You're not helping your case.

>AST is fine in dungeons
*wheezes*

But Determination fucking sucks. Is there a dps job that actually has Det as their favored stat?

Doing your rotation.

this game is pretty fun so far, environments look great. seems like the majority of players have a stick up their ass though.

I miss having a big community of welcoming friends that I didn't feel I had to police my own language around.

Det is the second best stat after DH on nearly everything until CH inevitably takes over halfway through the expansion.

Even when I cleared the both trials I can barely beat the SSS dummy with 3-4seconds to spare. Its pretty tight. It seems overtuned slightly considering how generous the enrage timer is.

The tank is often overconfident and undergeared, and the dps never pull their weight.

>Charge actions
>These aren't actions that have different outputs based on holding an input, but a stock of uses

For fucks sake

Attached: Reinhard_is_diappointed.jpg (1202x900, 125K)

GNB is fun but i'll need to level up a second tank. PLD, WAR or DRK? They're all level 70 so it doesn't matter.

WHM losing benediction in pvp is a huge nerf.

like 6k for a full primal kill or so

WHM hasn't had Benediction in PvP for fucking ages. Long before ShB released.

they haven't had it in a long time bud. did you last pvp in hw or something

You try it with wall to wall pulls, then

They REALLY do. It's tough finding players that are both socially relaxed and are decent at the game/ don't quit because of normie life after a month.

Attached: 1561665497272.png (527x470, 207K)

I'm buying shadowbringers soon after not playing for years, haven't played any expansions so I'm looking forward to enjoying the hours of content.

Does buying the expansion give me 30 days or do I need to sub as well? heard somewhere it doesn't give you time which sounds retarded but whatever

>doing this might actually fix MCH's oGCD requirement during hypercharge
Interesting.

I haven't played it since 4.1. Recently got back into the swing of things and man is it harder to keep up.

PLD if you wanna be a metafag
PLD if you wanna have fun

Do you have anything backing that up?

Nigger you still have em just find em.

Attached: D_VjNbMUwAAvKVF.jpg large.jpg (960x469, 61K)

expansions dont give game time, gotta sub aswell

PLD is the best one all around. DRK lacks damage in exchange for absurd mitigation you'll never realistically need. WAR is okay.

Thanks.

No time.

Attached: True.jpg (1024x603, 91K)

When the fight actually starts it fully restores everyone's MP and HP. Just in case some retard blew all their mana while he was invulnerable.

it doesn't give you time

also if you haven't played any expansions before Shadowbringers, don't get ShB now, since you have two other expansions to get through first. Unless you want to play Gunbreaker or Dancer through Stormblood.

The bonus still applies if you single-target heal the person with the bond

What MMO in recent memory gave sub-time with expansion purchases? I doubt EQ even did it.

The search always goes on, user. NA is a bit of a hugbox.

Why? You use Bioblaster in AOE and Drill in single target. I just wish there was an equivalent for Hot Shot and that there was still an AOE turret/robot

Nvm I remembered my retainer is WAR so I have to level it. What a shitty fucking system.

This game hasn't even figured out how to do casting while moving without just making spells instant. There's no way it can manage skills that change based on how long you hold the button.

These textures are considered acceptable in a 2019 video game.

Attached: ffxiv.jpg (2560x1440, 600K)

So Yea Forums, Midlanders or Highlanders?

Ah I see. Yeah I've cleared the actual Titania and Innocence as well. I'm missing a few pieces of 440 gear but I do have my 450 wep. I managed to beat it once on BLM with like 1 second to spare, but I can't seem to beat it on my SMN with the same gear. I keep failing at around 0.5-1%.

They did the math on the balance. It's the same thing every expansion, crit was shit until sigma in SB too.

>the balance
Feel free to do it yourself.

Perhaps if the teams behinds XIII and XV cared about story and gameplay as much as graphics, they might've been good

It'd fix its ping requirement.

middies have eyebrows.

I did a little under 6k in Titania EX on my first actual clear. I've been winging GUB rotation from what feels right so a real rotation would probably be higher.

doesn't WoW?

Highlanders have eyebrows too, under face paint.

Highlander women

Adbert was fucking them all except the dwarf

Getting ShB gets him the rest of the expansions if he doesn't have them yet.

Midlanders always. They're so goddamn adorable.

Lol

Ty lads, 80 bucks down the hole I guess. I don't own any expansions, ShB comes with the others so why not eh.
None, recently 100% swtor so I'm looking for something else.

Perhaps if the team behind FFXIV cared about gameplay, story, or graphics as much as copying WoW and jewing out on the cash shop, it might have been good.

Based Nyelbert fucked the cat and elven bitch while Adbert fucked the dwarf

>tumblr art
way to prove your point wrong

Not really, everyone makes fun of some of the textures looking PS2 era.

and yet here you are

Most of Heavensward looks like a really nice PS2 game.

if GW2 is so great, why is it impossible for it to have a general on /vg/?

When was the last time a FF game scored above a 90 and was unanimously praised?

Attached: metacritic.png (668x356, 55K)

i didnt like it because the entire game was an easy peasy cakewalk until max level when it suddenly kicked me in the cunt and laughed at me for not knowing how to play
like what the fuck literally nothing has been even vaguely challenging yet, i literally could have spammed nothing but 1 and gotten to this point, how am i meant to know what im meant to do now baka

By actual reviewers or 13 WoW-refugees?

Warrior of Light! You have accomplished many feats, but you will never beat Pa'jeet!

Attached: Pa'jeet.jpg (800x1400, 99K)

That was SB user.
I agree that the cash shop whoring is getting really tired, but shb has restored my faith in the team.

but we do

I wish we got more of discount Master Asia, Undefeated of the East.

Elezen

>kicked me in the cunt
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

also yeah i had the same problem, you're not going to do dungeons well unless you're a full stack of might spamming full berserk geared people and fractals are spammy ass

>This is nothing for someone who was mastered Gukumatz
What the FUCK did he/she/xir/it mean by this?

>barry still seething a fucking mmo expansion overshadowed that pile of shit XV

> New Expansion.
> No new raids.
> Head gear doesn't even work on the new races.
> Had fun getting all that event gear? Well too bad.
> Had fun grinding all those hair styles? Too bad.
> Btw, we ensured all the cash shop gear worked on the new races. Please give generously.

He was terrible. He was somehow less interesting than Zenos.

I feel sorry for every MNK that got blown the fuck out by this retard.

Attached: 1549504206212.png (494x371, 124K)

OH NO NOT AGAIN, THANCRED YOU TOLD ME HE WAS GONE HELP PLEASE

Raid tier literally drops next Tuesday.

Nu-FF needs to get away from the futuristic shit. Enough with the stupid incoherent mishmash.

Guess it depends on the datacenter. I only meet one ass. He was a healer that died first to sand pits in cutter's cry then he started bitching at sprouts for not known boss mechanics.

Stop playing half-baked tranny races

>nascent chaos is a giant window so you can use your IC/CC even though it should be your immediate action after infuriate
>CC and IC worded with 5 second cd reducation when it could be listed in enhanced infuriate trait

Was this shit refinement thrown together haphazardly?

Gukumatz is the dragon thing

Someone explain to me how cold flare is meant to be better than just casting both flares under astral fire. The damage drop from casting flare under umbral ice is pretty fucking huge. Is it all just theorycrafting numbers games or has anyone done any real field testing with it?

bro listen bro hey bro thancred weaken him first bro nam sayin bro

found you

Attached: nLPzgDm.png (141x137, 46K)

He's very underdeveloped despite all the screentime he gets, maybe he will come back and get fleshed out more idk

AAAAH FUCK THIS. I'M GONNA GO FULL SPS/DET ON MY BLM AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME.

>> No new raids.
are you retarded?

I know. But how do you """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""master""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" your pet snake? Was he fucking it?

> Stop playing the new things they added.
Actual state of FFags.

How do you master a dragon?

Female Highlanders

He had plenty of time to recover.

>calling it a night, going to hit 50 with my roulette tomorrow morning
I'm enjoying myself so far, so guess it's time to buy the expansions. This better not be an elaborate prank.

Join a /vg/ guild. I'm sure they don't care about your faggotry.

He really needed an echo flashback of him raising previous Minifilias and getting more and more jaded or something

Next tuesday as in the 15th?

You'll get like an extra fire 4 every 5 minutes bro. Unless they unnerf skill speed.

AST is actually garbage, but because it isnt BLM or WAR, it will takes months to fix rather than weeks

>expecting mystery niggas this expac
>actually got em
>then learn the real mystery nigga was inside us all along
This fucking game man

HIS CORPSE DISAPPEARED HE'S COMING BACK SOMEBODY CALL THANCRED

>Wanna play healer
>Can only play in dead hours cause once people get out of work I get insane packet loss and sometimes nothing go through in or out for 30 seconds straight

look at this fucking dude

Attached: ehehehehehehehehe.png (863x460, 731K)

Yes, normal drops then.

>Thancred and the Bunny Captain both get white sin eater eyes but nothing comes out of it
????

As a WAR, this is hurting me. I lost my healslut.

I hate the mounts this time desu, they look like they came straight out of WOW

>queue for leveling roulette to get my dark knight to 71
>doma castle
>ast that can barely keep me up
>cant really do anything to help him since they locked the most important mitigation skill behind level 70

It was terrible for everyone

Because besides saving the GCD spent on F3 to get into AF, UI drastically reduces the cast time of Flare, meaning you get through the rotation much faster. It works out to about the same damage.

How can you afford $60 a month for tranny pills, $15 sub and $80 Bad Dragon dilation wand yet not afford decent internet?

Why the fuck is Ryne the only scion with non-white hair???

>>Thancred and the Bunny Captain both get white sin eater eyes but nothing comes out of it
????

Turn that fucker into a scarf.

Is that really worth losing 88% damage on every other flare though?

Is using standard step on cd a dps loss or increase?

I ain't the one dealing with internet, fuck sake I have to play with USB tethering from my phone cause my laptop can't even connect to our wifi for some god forsaken reason.

Loss in AOE, increase in single target. Technical step is always a gain

Can't get decent internet if nobody is offering it, no matter how much you pay.

>clear party
>people fuck up tethers
>clear party
>"I haven't done this but I saw the video"
>clear party
>half the group dies during add phase brambles
>clear party
>"never been past adds before and didn't know what to do sorry"

Attached: 1547964968087.png (500x500, 163K)

cuz all the non white haired ones died

So how in the world do you get a house in this game?

It depends, on huge packs of mobs it's a theoretical DPS loss if you aren't precasting it, since it's only 250 potency for every enemy after the first. In small packs of 3 or less enemies you should be using it on cooldown

Cope.

Her hair will probably turn white during the Eden raids.

Please look forward to it.

>neither tank picks up their add and both healers die instantly

Attached: 1546928038403.png (646x605, 286K)

Walk up to a lot/ house for sale in a housing area and buy it with millions of gil.

Maybe you should help them out and tell them what to do rather than being a smug tranny?

you see half of these in farm parties, people fluking a clear and being total shitters in farm groups are the worst.

GNBfags are cancer.

Maybe you dumb niggers shouldn't join a clear party if you haven't been to enrage.

>Melee DPS doing positionals on the tether side

Attached: 1530159315980m.jpg (739x1024, 75K)

Not an argument.

I have black hair.

Cope.

they are in a clear party because they want to clear. i'm not seeing the issue here, they aren't in a farm party

UI Flare is about 40% of the damage of AF Flare. It is apparently worth the time you save. You lose maybe 1 Flare worth of potency each cycle, but the cycle is >1 Flare faster.

The only reason these idiots see enrage is because they die multiple times and see the end of the fight with no DPS.

I've been playing for 40 hours and I have only seen one black character in the entire game. And he was called "Black Marketeer".

He was murdered shortly after being introduced.

This is NOT unacceptable in 2019.

Attached: 1541343287122.jpg (927x897, 183K)

It's the WoL's duty to dye Ryne white!

Anyway to track when the rare FATEs spawn?

This thing reminds me of my childhood nightmares.

Attached: nfz1qpHhb1qacl83.jpg (500x281, 20K)

Been a while since I played, but wasn't there a setting where you could allow only people who have actually finished the raid into the party?

Who fights?
Who flies?
Who falls?

I can't decide between MCH and SMN.
What do?

Still not an argument. :^)

Don't worry user. I'm sure The Daily Star knows what the fuck they're talking about when they review MMOs.

Oh god, I saw this on Disney channel late at night as a kid and everything about it spooked me. You're not alone, user

>""""""""""""farm"""""""""""""" party
>almost 60% at the transition

Attached: 1562556946697.png (844x429, 723K)

It's an option in raid finder. But that is not what a clear party is for.

cope

Awful combat awful story awful setting everything about it was atrocious.

His sole purpose is to make me hopeful that his form with Gukumatz is what beastmaster will be and that they will not make beastmaster into another limited job. Problem is they can't let you do that with any beast (too many to model), while making it Gukumatz would make you look like an alt dragoon.

Cope.

The WoL's only advantage is his blessing. Thancred could easily solo light wardens. Emet-Selch let us win.

That's what a learning party is for.

I've done mass pulls in Akademia with an AST healer as a DRK and they did just fine. Either you're bad or your tank was bad and getting hit by aoes.

unless you're going for absolute autism then you only need to weave 1-2 oGCDs during Hypercharge if you keep gauss/ricochet out of charges.

Attached: _78572065_star.jpg (624x810, 331K)

>clear for a friend
>clears on the first pull

Attached: 2018.jpg (190x169, 17K)

>"w-well that should be far enough from that k-katana h-haha"
what in the fuck is wrong with this man?

Attached: ffxiv_01072019_163901_309.jpg (3840x2160, 1.44M)

WE WUZ MHIGGERS AND SHIT

AST is trash in dungeons bro

na doesn't have learn parties past day 2, it's either clear or farm.

Is crafting still completely pointless?

In 1.0 they had a player economy, it seems they completely got rid of that, is it still the case?

What if he finds a WoL that uses a katana?

First point it somewhat true compared to other Scions. Second point is true but he could do nothing with the light so it's pointless. Last point is a no. It took 8 WoLs, all of the Scions and the combined light of all the Lightwardens to give him a fatal blow.

Do you?

ban all dnc pad parses now this is ridiculous.

Attached: 1449837045449.jpg (500x328, 135K)

Attached: 1539351144067.jpg (872x479, 121K)

All the tanks are within 5% of damage of each other. The difference is negligible.

The eternal struggle between Light and Darkness is stupid. Anger is where it's at.

Attached: WAR.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

>make AST cards more degenerate for padding
>add a class designed for padding
They did this to themselves. It'll either break the parsefags or up their autism.

yes, unless you treat gil balance as a high score which can be sorta fun except im bad at it because im lazy

>increasingly thirsty and clearly has feelings for the WoL
>but it's an MMO so any kind of actual romance would be impossible

They're going to resolve it by killing her off aren't they

Attached: Alisaie.jpg (800x703, 313K)

Fantastic writing this expansion, except for this whole plot. What the fuck were they thinking?

BUY MY POTIONS NOW

Anyone got any good art/filters of Minifillia/Ryne yet?

>give everybody AOE combos
>make tanks effectively blue DPS
>no you see healers should be content with 1 button DPS rotation and thirty weak heals
Sixty niggers

The very second that I find out Elidibus is going to be the spotlight villain for whatever patch or expansion, I'm switching to SAM.

The Titania one is straight up a Faerie dragon from WoW

Yeah but why would you go for the lower end of the spectrum if you have no preference?

>make AST cards more degenerate for padding
Come again?

>D-D-D-D-D-D-DNC and AST is the reason why I have a bad parse

Attached: 1451669944143.jpg (800x526, 68K)

How's WHM this expansion? I'll be coming back as either that or BLM depending on how much I've forgotten.

>alisaie is a cute lesbian
best part of the xpac

That's a shame. Why did they do that?

It used to be very comfy to have to work with your guild to get gear and not just have it drop or something.

She has to retire from adventuring because Alphinaud's virile elezen semen knocks her up with triplets. She'll write you letters though.

I really hope they make it as silly as possible during the patches instead of trying to make the Zenos plot into something serious.

>Fighting Elidibus with 4 SAM and 2 PLD with Zantetsuken

Best healer at the moment from what I understand.

>AST
you get more benefit from a DRG lol

>no matter how shit DNC is, parsefaggots will still lick my shoes for buffs
ahh, it's good to be the best

>"clear for a friend"
>manage to clear is 4-5 pulls
>friend fucks up and dies every run
No wonder they hadn't cleared yet, fuck's sake

Where do I go to find out BiS stats for my job? Everywhere I check doesn't seem to be 5.0 updated. Playing BLM at the moment. I know spellspeed is up to personal flavor but what about the rest?

Attached: 1437837225442.jpg (468x423, 42K)

>inocence ex
>be nin
>blm refuse to do mechanics and move
>blm asking for dance buff for last pull
>stop doing ta on last pull
>

Attached: 1428694439748.png (1082x652, 68K)

>didn't change the swastika to a samurai symbol

It's not impossible. SWTOR did it.

There's like thousands of DNC around, you're not special.

Is the base game questing super shit or is just me? I'm a 28 thaumaturge and I can't play for more then 2 hours before I want to go to bed. It's like a sleeping pill

She'll confess

then die

Attached: FFXIV-Anniversary-Ishikawa.jpg (788x688, 100K)

dnc adds like 2k dps. the rankings are even more useless now

Y'shtola will accidentally hit her with a meteor because she is blind.

I want to get my parse up so we are running double ast that will make sure I have a card on me at all times. The dancer will dance for me and the ninja will trick attack exactly when I say. Im going to have my leylines up at max range so make sure you just stand beside me with the eye tether dragoon your damage isn't important.

>give the GCD healer the weakest heals
What the fuck were they thinking?

Very strong

Unless you have like 2-2.5k crit before melds you should go with DH/Det. SPS good for BLM too as far as I know.

I don't really know anything about the meta of mmo's or where to find the best rotations since I'm still just a lowly lvl26 blm, how do you get good? Right now I'm just doing Addle>T>F till mp out > trans > B > trans > f etc with a random swiftcast thrown in. Feels kinda brainlet but I guess it's just part of being super low level.

>blm dying to mechanics
>nin not doint TA
You're just as bad as he is.

Story is lame until 35-50 and then gets lame again until the lead-in to Heavensward starts
Overall ranges from good to fantastic after that though. Don't burn yourself out, enjoy a bit of the side stuff.

Maybe you dumb niggers shouldn't join a clear party if you haven't cleared the fucking fight
There's learning parties for shits like you.

Is there any way to tell if there's a house available to sell besides just walking around and looking?

It literally is. Look at any class you want, look at a 75th percentile parse and a 99th percentile parse and I guarantee you that the only thing making one higher than the other is AST and DNC fluffing them. Tank parses are especially fraudulent because a DNC would never normally partner with one unless specifically to pad their parse. My buddy went from a 64 GNB with bad melds and suboptimal gear to a 97 just by having his DNC partner him.

i swear i saw a 16k dragoon on tranny logs. whe he get removed?

Clear parties aren't for people who have already cleared you retard.

Does DH also increase the DH damage as well as the proc rate like CH does?

What's the continent south of Eorzea? And where the hell is the old world continent with Sharlya on it when Coerthas is that fucking far north?

>play job unoptiomally
>don't even play around party buffs of the AST
>AST and DNC feed me buffs because SMN and MNK are shitters
>99% parse
Its a joke.

>80 bucks
Are you buying a deluxe edition or some shit? Base game is only 35-40

Attached: AC48327E-92CD-42DE-8747-46BBCE2335F2.jpg (529x346, 56K)

You can check the plots at the main city aetherytes.

The southern continent is Mercaydia

God I bet you get mad when a ninja doesn't instant lb3 the attosecond it pops up either.

Attached: 15883346.jpg (600x600, 40K)

I thought SCH had it bad, but jesus that sounds bad. SCH is also "I only want to heal" gameplay, but at least the raw numbers keep the tank alive.

Attached: 1554664260532.jpg (1013x1024, 120K)

Yeah BLM sucks until like lvl 60 when you get Fire 4. Before that it's pretty much as you describe it. Addle isn't really used outside of high end raids.

Use LB3 you fucking shitter

Scholar is close to being perfect they just need a way to spend aetherflow that doesn't involve healing and they need to completely replace dissipation because it's still shit.

He's just trying to enjoy a succulent chinese meol

I though Direct Hit guaranteed the max damage in your normal damage range on an attack. So if you could hit for 2000-3000 it'll guarantee the 3000.

It's mediocre until the end of the MSQ for 2.0. Then it's REALLY shit from 2.1 until 3.0 (Heavensward). From there are it's good to great though.

Not really and I'm not sure what does that have to do with the situation you gave us. You described a bad BLM and a bad NIN.

Those are artisan hotpockets.

So, healers are upset that they must heal now? Why are they healers?

i am reminded of the scene in asura's wrath now where augus, the katana wielding dude, fucking cuts the moon in half

Direct Hits do a flat 25% more damage. Direct Hit Rate as a stat more drastically affects your DH % than CHR does for your Crit %, but it doesn't increase the damage of direct hits. DH is still the best stat if your crit values are already low and the second best if you have high crit.

PLD and WAR are boring.

>DRK lacks damage
It doesn't. If you look at the logs all the tanks are so close to each other it doesn't matter. When the spectrum is a difference of less than 500 dps then why would you choose based on that number and not any of the more impactful metrics like survivability, utility or fun? You said DRK was lacking damage and it simply isn't.

No, DH only affects proc rate. It's still more powerful than Crit until you reach a threshold that's difficult to get to with the current gear.

Now if only we could have that small of a difference among dps classes.

>SCH gets energy drain with a big potency buff
>AST gets buff values doubled
would this make people stop whining

They used to be DPS that could heal with an instant queue.

Why are tanks allowed to deal maximum damage while tanking? They should have an enmity combo that does zero damage that needs to be spammed because they are meant to be taking damage not dealing it.

>Eulmore is going to be full of degenerates like Limsa
Well surely they'll just stay in Limsa and not-
>pic related
>tfw I don't even play on Crystal

Attached: limsa2.png (302x130, 60K)

Buff WAR lah

Dissipation is fucking bonkers fantastic in dungeons, fuck you. It would also be good in 8-mans if there wasn't so little healing to do, but you know. They should however make Ruin 2 stronger (Ideally Broil III potency but more expensive or Broil III potency minus 10) so you can weave or just delete Ruin 2 and make Broil III 1.5s cast. That, and bring back ED, and then it's perfect.

Just focus on getting through the story, it does get more interesting. Actual quests are pretty bog standard and boring, besides a few fun ones.

>16% damage buff with 50% uptime

Yeah that is perfectly balanced.

Pure rage is the best power source you could possibly choose to draw from. If you're doing it right it never runs out.

>tanks are allowed to dps
>dps are allowed to have utility on top of dps
>HEALERS DPSING? NO NOT ALLOWED FUCK OFF HEALERKEKS
Dilate.

>AST gimmick is their cards
>cant leave the tank alone for one second to toss out a set with sleevedraw because they'll die
>cant even esuna because that's a cast that would be better used on benefic II
>mana problems
>sometimes tanks die when all you do is beneficial II
The problem with AST ismt that it has to heal, its that the jobs healing isnt enough

You mean 12%
And yeah that would be balanced since AST had far better buffs before which weren't that imbalanced.

The game is basically just one big boring quest-grind until max level.
You can try to branch out with side shit, but, it's kinda pointless.
No point getting good gear for your level, if you'll just out level it almost immediately. No point leveling crafters, you'll get gear from quests.

a fair number of people could solo most Lightwardens, but that's not the issue

I agree to a point, of course not your absurd embellishment but yes tanks should have aggro as a mechanic to work for, among other things, such as ideal positioning and other important tank mechanics from other mmorpgs.

based, fuck WHM trannies. AST is the thinking man's healer role.

Are the NA servers still lagging the fuck out?

I mean, flash used to be a thing

>DH is better right now
Well that really sucks. No fun allowed I guess. But I suppose it could be even more boring, it could be det.

>Vylbrand is the size of Europe
Who the fuck made those proportions? If that's right than Othard should be right west of Eorzea.

AST needs its healing to skyrocket and its buffs to last longer

That's literally what they are now except their dps rotation is even more simple than before and they can spend even less time on healing

No, only parsefags want AST to be the ultimate parse padding faggot. Give me back the old cards and add a fucking 2% DPS on none balance cards if it matters so much to square to make everything a dps increase.

>EU server is literally 2h behind my own timezine

who the fuck thought of this great idea to put servers hours away from players

im very special, thats just not the reason why is all :3

I just want one AoE DoT back, a way to passively do damage while healing.
And if we don't get Energy Drain back, then make unspent aetherflow points give 5-10% mana back or something.

make me

Attached: 1428691721595.png (974x715, 56K)

Been enjoying the hell out of gnb and getting coms left and right, any trials I run with my edgelord drk friend. Finally move on to level mch because it's a blast. After queuing up for dungeons left and right I'm now finding out that the average GNB retarded. I didn't know it was this bad guys. Seeing constant 1,2,3 spam, no aoe, no defensives. Fuck me when will these people abort the idea of playing tank?

Attached: holyfuk.jpg (480x360, 44K)

DH is better if you don't have crit on all your gear (or all but 1 or 2 slots.). If you build crit, then it will match DH in usefulness. However, if that means giving up a lot of DH for skill speed or det, then it's a slight loss, unless you're a monk

only sch are upset since they never wanted to heal to begin with. 90% quit the job as a result

If you're talking about the southern island, that's not vylbrand. vylbrand is in the upper left area. you can tell because the small islands on the other side of the main landmass that would be eorzea.

Attached: file.png (1127x776, 2.74M)

>tank in ex roulette uses single target attacks in groups

I mean, "only stack crit the other stats are whatever" was pretty no fun allowed too.

Honestly as long as you use the best materia for your melds the specifics don't matter that much.

>catgirls will never be real
just fucking end me bros

>AOE damage happens once every blue moon
>press Indomitability
>damage has now been deleted
>WOOOW WHY DO HEALERS WANT TO MAKE THEIR GAMEPLAY MORE ENGAGING?

Truly it is a mystery

Attached: 5740c2775c40546776aa382a91cb252c.jpg (600x602, 33K)

>Six years on and people still let Livia destroy the cannons/loaders

Attached: 1562650383996.png (338x338, 230K)

It's relative, DRK lacks damage compared to the other tanks and that's a fact. 500 dps is more impactful than utility all tanks share and survivability you don't need.

>fun
Yeah, that's why I said "if you have no preference"
If you like playing DRK go fucking play DRK, I'm not saying not to play it because it does slightly less damage than the others.

No the problem with SCH, and why people quit playing it, is that it's really boring right now. They took abilities away without giving us anything to do.

Damn, WHM is pretty nice right now.

DRK is literally just warrior with some extra filler ogcds

Why would I be talking about the southern island, you retard? That's Myrcidia.

>Bole applies 10% mitigation if used on a tank
>Ewer restores mana if used on a healer
>Spire increases spellspeed
>Arrow increases skillspeed
>Spear increases crit if used on any DPS
>Balance is 6% if used on any DPS
There, I fixed AST

>thought I could be time efficient by pulling livia before the mobs beforehand are dead
>the iron giants cleave and destroy all the cannons

Attached: i can't.webm (380x284, 88K)

>Get a single clear
>filter for ilvl and duty completion

problem mostly solved.
You will still get people that got carried through though.

Lord/Lady values are 8%

I'm afraid they'll butcher the job

> 500 dps is more impactful than utility all tanks share and survivability you don't need.
Wow, its almost like all jobs can clear all content. Thanks, parsetranny for that insight. 500 DPS is still irrelevant for anyone who isn't trying to break speedrunning records or pad their logs. And the bottom 3 tanks alternate. Only GNB has a definitive spot at the top.

Getting 60k crit on a boss made me cum n fart lol

do you expect mouth breathers to learn all that

Because these retards wanted a green DPS.
And now they can't so they BAAAAAWWWWW

new trend is pull the boss asap and let everyone teleport in. doesnt matter who pulls

aaaaaaaaaa I can't decide on what to level next I don't want to waste roulettes

Attached: jobs.jpg (377x496, 56K)

Well, then I am very confused how you think that island is "the size of europe" when it looks roughly shaped and sized of maybe 2-3 european countries balled together.

Don't worry DPSlet, I'm sure your queue will pop sometime in the next 3 hours.

Did I say they couldn't you butthurt retard?

>And the bottom 3 tanks alternate.
The trend is consistent at every percentile.

Those are downgrades from the current cards now though, so nah.

How much has changed? Last time I played that job was void ark.

Samurai for the katana MSQ patches.

BLM

>implying

SEETHE harder m'boy

Considering that's basically how they acted before...

people that weren't shitters did in SB.
braindead.

WoW vs XIV is at least an entertaining discussion but there isn't even an argument to be had about GW2 vs XIV, that's just a joke

>>And the bottom 3 tanks alternate.
>The trend is consistent at every percentile.
Post the logs then.

Yeah we all know GW2 is shit.

I mean this in addition to their current bonuses

Would old Astro be better if it used a mudra-like system to remove card RNG?

old Astro already is better.

BLM

name one thing bad about guild wars 2

Wrong. Do you know how much spell speed you'd have to give now to give someone the equivalent of 6% damage buff?

that was my point, sorry if I didn't make that clear

the music from after Jeremy Soule left

fflogs.com/zone/statistics/28#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=Tanks
Change the percentile with the drop down menu on the left.
Though apparently PLD somehow does worse than DRK at 10% and that's it.

It completly threw away what the first game was in order to chase a WoW clone trend.

But its actually a bad WoW clone.

They had a unique good concept with GW1.

>not 2 drk with the big katana

>Jeremy Soule
you could say, the music didn't have soul after he left

Is that so?

Attached: gw2 frog.png (2543x2338, 595K)

I melded spellspeed up to a point where I personally felt like it was a good spot, and then after that I went full crit. Even then, I only have 2.1k. It's not like there's liberty on gear right now considering there's only 1 combination possible at 444. Anyway, 2.1k crit with materia is pretty low so it sounds like I'm about to remeld everything and go DH instead. That really sucks.

Its harder to play around a temp spell/skill speed buff than it is for a temp crit/dhit/damage buff. If anything I feel that Arrow should have been changed alongside Spear when that was moved to crit chance.

>help friend on titania normal cuz he bad
>join 6 people from the same server
>DNC calls a tank 'master'
>DNC tethers 3k dps RDM
>RDM refuses to to mid LB3 and insists on doing it upper left even after I explain him he could hit all 3
>lots of uwu and owo
What the fuck are these people?

Attached: 1542332167853.png (420x420, 172K)

DRK is the fun version of WAR.

Attached: 6234.jpg (554x439, 38K)

If the current boring version of DRK the 'fun' version i don't want to know what WAR is like atm.

sounds like gooks

Give it to me straight NINbros.
Are we gonna be alright?

this, using edge of shadow and flood of shadow feels more satisfying than the whole existence of WAR

God damn, hearing all these horror stories, I'm glad I cleared MSQ during early access.

Attached: file(2).png (638x699, 456K)

It's dead, the amount of platforming is fucking annoying, performs like shit, lack of holy trinity ironically robs all classes of identity and F2P option means having to deal with Brazilians

I had a fucking tank yell out TOTSUGEKI in a dungeon today and I wanted to die.

You could wait for the new gear and meld those with different materia. It doesn't matter right now unless you're aiming for the perfect parse.

>using scores and not numbers
Shit, its even more irrelevant. The difference between DRK and GNB is literally 200 dps. Its such an insignificant and irrelevant difference that you're retarded if you think any of the tanks are "lacking" in damage. Its all the fucking same. How exactly is a 200 dps difference between GNB and DRK mean that DRK is lacking? How is PLD not lacking by that metric when it's damage is 100 dps less than GNB?

Thanks for proving my point.

>tfw always feel nervous I'm not doing my job right as tank
>tfw never get any complaints but can't tell if people are just anti-social

Gulp.

I have no idea. I always feel like I'm playing sub-optimally and then I miss a TA or I use Baklava instead of Bunshin and everything falls apart.

You need to play the most complex dps in the game perfectly to be rewarded with slightly outdamaging the dancer who is pushing buttons that light up.

>cleared MSQ during early access
So do you faggots skip cutscenes or just poopsock?

Attached: 1560650557975.png (970x664, 1.13M)

Tanxiety is real.

Are ya pullin' big son?
Are ya using your cooldowns on big pulls son?
Are ya using your damage skills other than 123 son?
Then you're fine lad.

Attached: ffxiv_30062019_132310_851.jpg (3840x2160, 1.28M)

Alright since you're so fucking autistic about semantics I correct my original post.
"DRK does less damage than the other tanks"

Attached: 1562090408539.png (800x450, 142K)

What damage skills are there besides 123 these days?

>irrelevant
>200 dps
>insignificant and irrelevant
you should kys

Attached: Pete.jpg (500x670, 101K)

I use LB3 once I can trust you braindead retards to not need Heal LB3.

Do you like Minfilia?

Attached: MinDanceVPose.webm (1182x1080, 2.5M)

>make a villain that is both sympathetic and unequivocally in the wrong
how can one Ascian be so based

Phew!

Attached: 1561087755532.jpg (501x689, 50K)

>praetorium
>other tank AFK
>people sit around single target nuking the skippable pulls
>"^^"
I want to kill them all.

I watched every scene, enjoyed every moment, talked to my comrades every time they were around in quests, cleared it around that sunday morning like 5am after staying up to finish Amarout, I couldn't just go to sleep with that cliffhanger. But yes, I took the weekend off for it.

Attached: 1562377113219.png (908x763, 1.31M)

feel all this arguing about balance is kinda pointless since dps rarely is an issue in savage. ultimate even desu.

Attached: 1313822206474.jpg (500x375, 154K)

Kill me, Pete.

the funny thing is that it would be faster to leave and take the penalty than finishin the instance

It's not semantics. Lacking has a specific meaning. It means that you aren't pulling your weight. If it was just a matter of semantics, you'd be able to answer my question and explain what about the 100-200 dps difference makes DRK unable to do its job. Because that's what lacking means.

>"Fixed"
>Has cards that are literally useless depending on your comp
>Also made Arrow strictly worse than its previous version when it was already lacking
Would be real fun drawing into constant Spires in an all phys party

Attached: chair clattering.png (1920x800, 751K)

You say that but you have PFs legitimately having trouble with Titania's enrage.

>unequivocally in the wrong

We are doing literally exactly the same thing. Except we don't want to kill everyone we want to completely erase them from existence with a time traveling robot which is arguably even worse.

Coulda just said Souleless

>DRK max DPS 8,156.21
>PLD max DPS 8,014.16
Shit, I guess PLD is the worst tank.

couple things if anyone can answer
is this new game+ thing true?
how do I restart the story on a job that's level 1?
are there any limits?

Job effectiveness will vary depending on player skill.

>WoL never gets to headpat her
delete lalas

I bet that's cause they're dying though

THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THEIR 6/3 PERCENT BONUS

>Needing to LB3

Attached: 2-8367764472463794794.png (644x800, 15K)

fuck that's even better

This is only true for the upper 5% of players. I'm not letting you join my Ultimate party as SAM when you're not even pulling purple numbers.

Attached: 235142.png (680x383, 308K)

i feel like i'm going to get carpal tunnel

averting a bad end future where everyone is about to die anyway isn't the same thing as killing everyone

>You say that but you have PFs legitimately having trouble with Titania's enrage.
Job balance doesn't make people run off the arena
Job balance doesn't make people stand in purple and miss their puddles
Job balance doesn't make people fail to count to six
Fuck you

no. everything about ninja is full john fucking madden, and they are the weakest dps at the same time. it's all fucked, lad.

New Game+ is coming on Tuesday, you'll know what's up when we do

>18k a piece on this lvl80 HQ food
>just put a stack of 99 on the market for over 1 million
I have little to no hope of actually selling this. Are people willing to spend over 1mil on food?

I want to give Ardbert a hug.

after a full day trying to clear Titania, I can safely say I want to level another job

>no more edgy ghost hanging out in our room
thank god

Wrong. If I say "A lacks charisma compared to B" it means B has more charisma than A. It doesn't mean A has no charisma. It doesn't mean A has less charisma than the average person. It's a direct comparison, not an absolute statement.
And we are literally arguing about semantics now so there's no point in dragging this dumb shit further.
DRK realistically does less damage than the other tanks and that's the end of it.

i feel like most will still have one in every comp because they care more about fflogs numbers and inflating their dps rather than taking a different class that outmatches nin dps+ta

So what even was the point of RDM's new skills in 5.0? Like all they got was some shitty filler skill that you'd almost never use and a tack on to their combo finisher. The rest of the new traits are basically garbage and might as well have not existed in the first place. Oh wow 50 extra pot on Displacement! Oh wow 10 second CD reduction on Manification and Contre Sixte! Like every other job got some sort of change or actual improvements, but all RDM got was garbage outside of Scorch. The class basically plays exactly the same since it released in 4.0 with almost no variation.

Attached: 1497600847292.png (640x960, 245K)

I fucking hope so bro.

Capitalism, ho.

Attached: 1537457818330.jpg (480x360, 33K)

>healers are also SAM, they just use magic katana of wellness

Which mechanic is count to 6?

Guy in my static who's been playing NIN non-stop ever since it dropped, did both Ultimates and all Savages with it, is 50/50 split on dropping it for the next Savage for literally anything else because he legit gets headaches with EU ping and the absurd KPM.

The tank probably forgot to Arm's Length.

Attached: AL.png (72x72, 12K)

That's because RDM doesn't need gameplay balancing. The numbers however..

thunder rune

Do we have a full list of whats coming tuesday? Actually, do we have like a schedule for the next few months or something?

I do experts on AST with big pull tanks all the time. Your tank shouldn't be dying.

obviously, but if you have 3 headless chickens in the party you have a better chance of beating enrage the more damage the one player with a brain does

>Doing a titania ex practice last night as a tank
>Hitting a bit more than 5k DPS as DRK
>Same as the GNB

Fuck sake ;_;

Oh, right.

someone hasn't unlocked nascent glint.

they need to make the new shuriken work of fuma and make raiton single mudra. shit is ridiculous atm. also remove that tcj faggot skill. its the worst skill in the game desu

Eden Normal with maybe Job adjustments, maybe. New Game + is 5.1 not 5.01 though, or later.

4 and 5

How much is a big pull? We talking 20 niggas? 4?

Yeah, riveting.

TCJ isn't Blizzard 2

until you physically can't grab any more niggas

No but I mean you could add more fun stuff. I mean just look at what they did for BLM. The class was already one of the most well designed ones in 4.0, yet every change they made was only a small tweak to the class as a whole, but it made it so much smoother to play. They could have done the same for RDM but instead it got pretty much nothing.

gematsu.com/2019/06/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-expansion-post-launch-patch-schedule-announced

Just

depends on the dungeon and its gating. usually 2-3 pulls is pulling large because you're otherwise roadblocked

Did you miss the part where the RDM was doing healer-tier dps? It's a titania normal pug 2 weeks after release, of course it's gonna need LB3

>Grab all the bosses at the same time

Attached: ffxiv_02072019_202443_374.jpg (3840x2160, 1.87M)

On odin the oysters go for 50k a piece. It's amazing.

4.0 basically perfected the design of a lot of jobs. There wasn't much room for them to go in 5.0, and you end up with the dizzying array of managed-to-improve (BLM), stayed pretty much the same (RDM), and complete shitshow (NIN)

So like 8 niggas

>"Stand tall, my friend"
>he actually does after slouching the whole story, relieved of his burdens
How is this game so good

Attached: ffxiv_13072019_105019_864.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

I would if I could

nobody is going to need 99. consider selling them in 30's

>AST gimmick is their cards
>cant leave the tank alone for one second to toss out a set with sleevedraw because they'll die
All card actions are oGCDs, you can toss out your cards between Benefic IIs, even if it clips, without killing the tank.
>cant even esuna because that's a cast that would be better used on benefic II
Most pulls with debuffs don't need constant benefic II spam. Hell, most debuffs in dungeons are 100% avoidable
>mana problems
Press Lucent Dreaming off cooldown. Press Lightspeed off cooldown. Use Essential Dignity only when Lightspeed is on cooldown. Lucent alone keeps you topped off 99% of the time..
>sometimes tanks die when all you do is beneficial II
It's almost as if you have a HoT and like 12 oGCDs that help you heal better.

You'd be surprised how much shit people buy week 1 Savage.

>introduce Solus as some cringy eye-rolling kefka clone
>ends up being one of the best villains in the franchise
Bless the new writer.

I do. I've been selling them in stacks of 15 to 30 all day long and they do sell. During rush hour they were selling faster than I could craft. I just put a 99 up right now because I'm going to bed soon and I'm legit curios if some madman is going to buy it by the time I wake up.

she wrote the DRK job quests and I think the azim steppe?

NIN just needs potency buffs, SCH is actually completely fucked from a design perspective for more than three expansions now
>Aoe damage comes in
Lmao just press equilibrium
>Can't spend all your aetherflow
>80% of gameplay is spamming broil on bosses or art of war on trash
It was perfect in ARR.

Do damage buffs apply to spells when you start casting or when the cast finishes? If a buff falls off in the middle of casting does the damage bonus still apply?

>the best job quests and the only good part of SB
Checks out.

got a static yet? probably not gonna bother looking for one until less than a week desu fuck trials.

you must have the buff when you finish casting.

LISTEN. PLEASE. HEAR ME OUT. I know WAR is old and busted but hear me out:
>nerf inner chaos
>nascent chaos is a 6 second buff that does not expend from an IC/CC usage

NIN will need some absolutely absurd potency buffs if I'm going to consider destroying my fingers and wrists for it in Savage

BLM.

I've been using a lot of weak 5th Holy Spirits then. Can't wait to unlock instant cast spells.

I don't really like the AOE change, but I hadn't messed around with it a lot. The problem was I had filled up my go-to hotkeys and I am having trouble fitting in the dual AOEs. The 'not jump back' is cumbersome as shit and they should have just made your jump back not make you fall over edges/stop at the edge.

RDM and SAM both felt like a victim of their own success, with the devs hesitant to really change anything. The big problem is we didn't get anything fun and juicy. Well, SAM did with Tsubame-gaeshi but our level 80 makes me literally angry. It is objectively awful, it is complete and utter trash. And of course it's a great animation. Even if you got to keep the mediation stacks and use Shoha whenever you wanted it'd still hardly be worth the time.

2.0 MSQ in Coerthas
3.2 Main scenario
Binding Coil of Bahamut
Crystal Tower raid
Rogue quest
DRK quest
Alchemist Quest up to 50
Master Matoya's Cave Sidequests
Azim steppe

Name is Natsuko Ishikawa

she also wrote 3.4's MSQ so not all winners

I hope they're keeping her the main writer. I can't go back to Zenos and katanas anymore.

>2.0 MSQ in Coerthas
Damn, this was the first time the game actually got enjoyable too.

>Ardbert
>Edgy
Did we play the same game?

>Aspected Benefic
>Card Draw
>Play Card
>Benefic II
>Sleeve Draw
>Benefic II
>Card Draw
>Benefic II
>Play Card
>Benefic II
>Card Draw
>Benefic II
>Play CArd
>Aspected Benefic
>Card Draw
>Play Card
Man, that was so hard. It's almost as if you could also hit Lightspeed to do 2 card actions between each cast. Don't forget to insert rerolls/minor arcanas as needed so you have Divination for the boss. And if you're doing this on a boss pull then god damn you are retarded. Nothing needs Benefic II spam like that, short of like one or two big boy pulls.

I think you misunderstood what "clear party" means, don't tell me you've mistaking them for farm parties this whole time, maybe you're retarded?

what in GODS NAME IS THIS

Attached: file.png (413x505, 305K)

If she can turn even Zenos into a real character I'll be shocked.

Best merchants around. Wait until they hook you up with some dice.

Dungeon pulls you fucking retards.

a human bean

>tank still dies because astro's healing is dogshit
loll

Where are you gravities bro?

Best way to treat Zenos is to literally do anything but that, all he has to do is show up randomly and pick fights with people because that's what they made his character to be and is the literal only thing people liked about him; his autism.

No shit that's for dungeon pulls. What boss would require Benefic II to be cast twice in a row? None of them

Or a nice kettle

he spawned

Attached: file.png (407x512, 410K)

Best way to treat Zenos is to kill him off in a minor patch and give Gabranth some screen time.

The WoD section failed I think because it was crammed into a single patch. I'd say it's too short for such a formative event but then again the crystal tower was just a raid despite it's later importance. It's a reason why I think you should look to existing, or pre-SHB content, to forecast the future. Case in point what I will hammer on about like I'm Cassandra at Troy - the Ivalice ending cinematic of a Legatus with a weapon 'powerful enough to drill to the very core of this planet.' Not some errant cliffhanger, I expect it's setting the stage for something as much as the Crystal Tower or Warriors of Darkness were. Do you remember what happened with the chthonic underground for the undivided world of Amaurot's time? Do you think digging into the abyss is a good idea? When is it ever a good idea to dig greedily and dig deep?

What I'd have done is:

>Finish Dragonsong war by 3.2 instead of 3.3.
>3.3 and 3.4 are the Warriors of Darkness
>3.5 A and B remain Griffin and Gyr Abania.

I'm responding to a retard who thinks his tank will die even with that rotation. Realistic dungeon big boy pulls include Gravity spam, or Gravity every 2-3 heals for the spookier ones. Generally used with Lightspeed so you can throw oGCD heals at the tank while managing cards.

The robot in malikah's well after the tank take multiple vunerability stacks and get busted with his pants down and no defensive cd..

this should only be a problem if the tank isnt popping cds

I actually wouldn't mind just repeatedly curbstomping Zenos for a few patches while he gets increasingly desperate for a win.

So why is it that there's a free piece of land yet when I try to buy it I get a message saying "it's not yet ready :^)"?

Land is buyable a random amount of time after it's vacated
I hope you don't need sleep

A ratman, supposed to be some kind of delicacy.

>"hey friend this new expac is coming out come play with us"
>ok
>"i'll even buy you a boost so you can be relatively caught up by the time the raid comes out"
>ok
>start from 60 and slog through SB, but really enjoy ShB
>Yea Forums both shits on and praises 2.0 through 4.0
>start to slightly regret missing MSQ stuff prior to stormblood
did I fug up by accepting the boost? what do?

Attached: 1562925862227.jpg (853x820, 180K)

Am I a decent AST or is everyone else just pure dogshit? Sure we got nerfed a little but I have done every bit of content this expansion so far without struggling.

sure seems like he's going to try to merge with Zodiark and I will be so mad if the final boss of the game ends up being fucking Zenos

random lease timer because yoshida was butthurt about house sellers.

Why would they do this retardation?

when plots are given up by the owner or demolished from inactivity, they are assigned a cooldown period between 12-72 hours, this was done in order to somehow prevent bots from snagging property. You just gotta be there when it's available bro.

Celestial Intersection before the buster, ED after followed by a single Benefic II should top off the tank. Even then, if your tank is getting oneshot for being retarded there's not much any healer can do.

Yeah, it could be kind of funny to have him appear at random times during the story only to get wrecked every time. Having him being the focus of the story would probably be a bad idea anyway.

It feels that way until I leveled WHM and started to realising how much more enjoyable it is and how awful AST feels.

wait for New Game+ in 5.1

Make an alt and play from level 1. ARR IS a slog though.

Yeah a bit. Heavensward is good and ARR can be comfy if you play at your own pace.

You'll never appreciate how just good ShB is without suffering through 2.0, but you've also saved yourself a lot of frustration.
When there's a content drought maybe use the NG+ feature to see what you missed.

for all its flaws, if you don't play the entirety of 2.0 - 4.0 and absorb every piece of optional dialogue and cutscene you won't appreciate 5.0 to its fullest

They take him too seriously for him to turn into team rocket. He's even getting in on the crossovers.

is NG+ actually a thing that's coming? not sure how to feel about that

Leave redeeming Zenos and Elidibus to me.

Attached: Natsuko Ishikawa.jpg (300x300, 27K)

ARR is terrible, and is made worse by multiple hours of quests gating you before you can go to the Heavensward areas. HW is an acceptable loss to skip the trash that is ARR.

yep

There's a red square in the plot. Am I correct to assume it will become green when it's available? Or do I just have to spam click the sign over and over again for hours?

Attached: ADqlWCi.png (995x460, 831K)

Probably doesn't hurt that you can easily double both the damage and the healing output of a competent AST with minimal effort.

I was farming ex primals yesterday and there was very minimal difference between a WHM throwing out the occasional heal between DPSing and the AST actually trying to get healing done (and barely doing any damage)

the square stays red

No, that red square is there to show you where the house will be placed, it is a static location. you must keep checking the signpost

>muffled my enemy in the distance

Y'shtola is the poster child for XIV in crossovers and she didn't really have anything approaching a major story role until 5.0

It will always be red, you need to spam click the sign. Its random from 5min to 24 hours after the plot is vacated.

So what the fuck is NG+ meant to be anyway? Redo all the MSQ or something?

The coffers we got from the MSQ are great for lazy GC turn ins.

Yep.
No intended rewards at this point. Maybe a title or something, but all the gil and other stuff will definitely be removed from the MSQs.

Yeah, I've no idea why but that seems to be the case. He would be the perfect Team Rocket style villain though, since we already beat him in Stormblood and he's outlived his potential as a serious villain.

AST can throw out DPS a good chunk of both Primals, even while solo healing. It's all about cooldown management, and this thread is proof enough that people are too retarded to hit more than just "Benefic II".

ARR is not that bad unless you're one of those idiots that needs the story to describe your character as a heroic demigod from level 1

She was pretty important in 3.0

from the way they described it, you can replay the MSQ and job quests in expansion-sized chunks. I think it's going to reward XP too.

This game is retarded.

>make complaint about pacing
>hur u mus not lik be god heh

AST is mediocre in the ex trials. You're also gauging the job's effectiveness in piss easy trials that are arguabley easier than suasno and lakishimi. Pick up WHM and SCH and you'll soon realise how shitty it feels to play AST. Especially if you played previous incarnations of AST, it's just fucking shit now.
Notice: I did not say that you can't do current content with AST (I play AST, get oranges and still play it with all three healers leveled purely because AST's card management makes it the least boring healer to play)
Everyone is saying AST is awful for a reason, there is literally no argument that it's fucking trash when you try to level it in dungeons with tanks doing max pulls.

she was trapped in the Lifestream for most of it

She was pretty important for the pre-cap story in 2.0 too.

Nah don't even try it mate, it's pretty much unanimously agreed that AST is horridly underpowered by the highest tier of players so this whole garbage of "hurrr play bettur" just won't work, even as a childish troll.

slow down with the hyperbole bud. nothin's gonna be easier than lakshmi

>can hold his own very well in his own body
>gets utterly shitstomped as soon as he hops inside a primal
>thinks taking over another primal is a good plan

She got out around the level 57 quests IIRC, that's not that bad.

What's wrong, what are you, EMPLOYED??? AHAHAHA FUCKIN LOSER. Bet you leave your home every day and aren't even rent free. NORMIE BTFO

I 'dunno Scoob, Innocence is pretty damn easy.

they're easy but they're definitely not easier than Lakshmi

titania ex was pretty easy bro. I literally killed it one pull blind. I mean people died, there was a lot of vuln stacks, but we still cleared it.

How the fuck do they expect us to go back, bros? The First is an amazing world with lots of interesting bits everywhere. Just thinking about going back to thanalan, or gridnia, or vylbrand.. it sucks.

Attached: 1479516375244.jpg (800x800, 53K)

>I got carried bro!
Cool story.

I'd expect the next expansion (or few expansions) to take us to the remaining shards.

by making Ilsabard somehow even better in 6.0 I hope

you'll probably be bored of it in 2 years

>carried by 2 people and 6 people going in blind
cope bro

This. Say what you will about Inno's nonexistent enrage and every mechanic being an aoe, or titania's telegraphed in/out but NOTHING will ever compare to a fight that boils down to "press duty action to survive the mechanic"

There's still a good chunk of Eorzea we haven't actually gone to as well

who tells him to stand tall?

Sounds like Off Tank Privilege. They have no real job in Titania other than eating 3 balls.

There's a reason its going to be rebuilding Ishgard and not rebuilding ala miggersville

they need to increase the explorable size of ARR zones, don't change what's already there, just add to it

look not to the past, ask yourself how the fuck they're going to top this

>Doubling down
Very believable laddy.

Nah man, we should just have to teleport/chocobo around to irrelevant cities and areas for the umpteenth time to talk to some people who we'll forget about two quests later.

>Ishgard
>literally becomes our home
>Ala Mhigo
>1 off unexplorable dungeon that's kinda shitty
Sometimes I almost feel bad for the mhiggers

cope

I also really don't like what they did with SMN this expansion. Yeah 4.0 SMN was kinda just "lol blow ever fucking thing when demi-bahamut is up", but 5.0 SMN is like playing a fucking piano for RDM tier damage. I'm stuck staring at my skill for 90% of the fight because theres so much shit comming off CD every goddamn second. They need to buff the shit out of the damage for the amount of effort required to play the class. Otherwise I'll just go back to RDM if I want ez rotation/support and BLM for deeps.

Maybe a bit. But I certainly feel more invested in Eulmore than a city build out of pirate ships...

I have all the time in the world but that doesn't mean I'm willing to spend it all spam clicking a sign post.

>Tripling down now
Seething burger.

>so they're complaining about not being able to go into Ala Mhigo for real huh?
>well I'll show them!

Attached: tumblr_pu2hxnhHy41tvfjpoo1_1280.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

>wear the same glam forever
>hey lets try changing it up
>uncontrollable urge to go back to the same glam as usual
every fucking time i latch on to one set of gear in every game

Attached: 12DEE5A4-78E4-4E78-A43A-D75935E8FA53.png (568x433, 122K)

I try to switch my glamour every expansion. Haven't settle on one for ShB, though.

>had the same glam for over a year
>stop playing whilst waiting for ShB
>come back on "ewe this glamour sucks, I need to change it"

the song that plays during that scene

im so so sorry tank bros and heal bros. no loot for you in savage til 2 months later. gota gear our dps first

Attached: ffxiv_04072017_105037.jpg (1920x1080, 843K)

Wait a second, the BLM was a girl?

Is there anyone who can even remotely come close to stopping our BOY ZENOS

cute autist
is it a good glam at least?

>people will run AST, DNC to buff a single DPS
>gearing that SAM / BLM / MCH / DRG first will yield the best results
>that person fucks off after getting all the gear because you took too long on a certain fight
I can't wait.

I have faith, even if I am concerned. They had Emet Selch in an expansion and 2 patches (Not counting diddly ass 4.55b 4.56 whatever the fuck.), they can definitely fix Elidibus. It's Zenos I am concerned about. He's already typecast into being the edgy "I want to hunt and fight" character. The only way out of that is the revelations about the Ascians changing his calculus and give him some grander objective than "I liek to kill tough stuff".

Nah, I think they've spent their quiver on other shards. Going time travel again seems kind of silly even though part of me would like to see the Amdapor/Nym/Mhach war. The first was important because it was tied to the source in the threat of a calamity/rejoining. They'd need a macguffin for why we'd go to another shard and I dont' see that happening. On the source we still have:

>Thavnair
>Nagxia and the Forest and jungle Viera homelands and anything north-west of Dalmasca in Othard
>South Ilsabard which has the Helions homeland at a minimum
>North Ilsabard with Garlemald.
>Sharlayan
>New World
>Meracydia.
>The Moon.

Well, we did, you know. We were gonna put him in jail too, but he decided to an hero. This time we'll have to use our light powers to kill his soul.

no, there's a spare elf girl who didn't get to be a real Warrior of Light. The BLM is the standing elf between Ardbert and the dwarf.

Considering the state the core of the Crystal Tower is in when you do The Twinning I don't think we're gonna be time traveling again anytime soon.

>sharlayan
will we meet alisaie's parents

If you're level 80 and do a roulette that's not the expert roulette, do you get extra Goetia tomestones for being an adventurer in need?

If you actually did the fight you'd know why you're being called out so easily.

Yeah, ive gotten several compliments so that's the only basis im gong off. I like it besides, i picked it out carefully to try to fit in with a style in game instead of basic bitch glam

No.