Why were some PS2 games blue?

Attached: 2vzj3fm6t6dz.jpg (3264x2448, 607K)

Gauntlet.... Daaaark legacy

Blue backs are cd-rom games. Silver backs are DVD-5 Single layer games. Silver/Goldish backs are DVD-9 Dual layer games.

I think blue ones were CDs, not DVDs.

I don't know, Google it, what the fuck.

wet backs are mexican games

Probably some stupid anti piracy thing like the Ps1s black discs

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

CDs.
Think they only lasted about a year before Sony just made companies use DVDs for all games no matter the size. CDs seemed to load slower too and much louder.

I dunno but those stupid ass discs were annoying as fuck. Pic related are my blue discs, except I can't remember where Contra Shattered Soldier went, maybe I went into a fit of rage and broke it as a kid because it stopped reading, but at least I beat the game before that. You can see I put tape on these because it was a trick to make the PS2 read the games, but it wasn't guaranteed.

Attached: 20190713_010150.jpg (3264x1840, 2.34M)

Damn I miss physical copies. Don't get me wrong I still buy used ones on ebay and the rare DRM free physical release PC gets but I wish PC got new physical releases, actual physical copies, download code doesn't count, and I wish games were sold physical only again since it has proven itself to be the best environment for great games to be made. We went from paying $50 max for a physical copy that was better than today's collector's editions to the only legal option being paying for a fucking download which comes with so many negatives on top of the fact you're paying for a fucking download
They can't use the "but not one has an optical drive excuse" because they were the ones that pushed to get rid of optical drives and physical copies to begin with and pushed the case manufacturers to stop making cases with 5.25 bays (though external drives exist) and SD cards and flash drives exist so they could release physical copies using those though I would still prefer blu-ray

Attached: 1542300584845.jpg (1700x2028, 1.63M)

wet backs are mexicans **

Racism is hilarious!

It was most likely your PS2 going out more than the discs themselves failing. The console has to work harder to read the discs which is probably why Sony forced everybody to just start using DVDs for everything.

Shut up whitey.

You're absolutely right, coon

It was predicting blue ray

Cracker ass bitch
Suck it, Yusef

Somebody correct me if im wrong but i think they spin faster than the dvds

Yes it is nigger

>Damn I miss physical copies.
its not like everything is 100% digital
physical copies of games are still a thing. go outside more.

Depending on your preferences, physical is outright superior to digital when it comes to consoles. I still grab physical copies whenever I want a PS4 game because they're always obscenely full price or bundled together with all the DLC so it costs $60+ for a 5 year old game using the PSN Store.

>MEXICO IS A RACE

Fuck those things, I could never play Half-Life because of this blue garbage.

No it fucking isn't, you southern state inbred subhuman. Lincoln should have killed every single one of you living breathing tumors.

These always fucked my Ps2 up

DUDE POST THE SAD FROG LOL

nigger.

It is, actually.

>21.99 each for red and blue
God I wish I could go back and buy like 50 of those. Shit is like 500-600 sealed on eBay now.

American education

>buy Samurai Warriors 2 used for the 360 a few years ago for 4 dollars
>Xbox store still wants full price for the XL expansion despite it being over a decade old now

Online only for console games is a scam since you hardly ever see the princes drop with age compared to PC games.

>Most wanted movies
>Titanic (two tapes lol)
>Terminator 2
>Starship troopers
>Scream
>From dusk till dawn
Talk about a time capsule

CDs as opposed to DVDs which were silver.

This but unironically