Is Hoenn the most soulful Pokemon region of all time?

Is Hoenn the most soulful Pokemon region of all time?

Attached: hoenn region pokemon.jpg (3686x1752, 704K)

>buzzwords

Attached: 1561216809023.gif (521x514, 371K)

Can't have most of something you entirely lack.

>50% water
The meme is right. After getting to Lilycove I lose all my drive to play.

it's probably just the region you played when you were 7-8 years old to be honest

The water maze area with the regi cave was incredibly soulful.

I’d personally say Johto is but Hoen is probably second on the list.

Least soulful = sinnoh and kalos (struggled to even remember what kalos was called)

"Oh boy, I can't wait to see what Pokemon are in this new are-"

Attached: fucking seagulls.jpg (733x148, 93K)

Anything after Gen 3 was a mistake and is forgettable.

>Least soulful = sinnoh
You're fucking wrong mate.

Nope Pokemon Prism is.

That's not a region.

I bet you bought LGPE on launch too.

in terms of soul I would say

Hoenn = Jhoto > Kanto > Kalos > Sinnoh = Alola > Unova

I love gen 5 but the region is a sourspot. Different seasons was nice though

what interesting/unique locations does johto have besides ecruteak

There really shouldn't be so much empty space.

Unova least soulful??
What about the sound track

No I pirated it like a normal person

soundtrack was great, just talking about the region itself

Hoenn is the best because look at how far you can travel without a single loading zone

Attached: open world.png (1073x745, 686K)

Kanto = Johto > Unova > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kalos >>> Alola

>The empty black spaces are loss

Lake of Rage
Mt. Silver
The whole Kanto region added as an extra bonus
Shittons of caverns, I fucking caverns.

Gen IV > Gen III > Gen II > Gen I > Gen V > Gen VI > Gen VII > Literal Trash > LGPE

>Lake of Rage
>Mt. Silver
take away gyrados and red and you have two more bland, aesthetically and thematically uninteresting areas

Why didn't they make Pokemon maps function more like the Zelda ones? Wouldn't that have made a lot more sense than these towns being tiny little zones that are stretched out long and there is trees everywhere that you cannot even go through? In Zelda maps you can literally go every place on the map. Pokemon maps meanwhile you only ever explore maybe a quarter of it at most.

Most of those trees have been filled in by the person making that image, a lot of that space that you can't get to doesn't actually exist and is probably empty. Long zones instead of stuffing everything into a smaller space gives the illusion of size, making the world feel more real.

probably because they would need to add level scaling

Sinnoh is great though, Mt. Coronet is one of my favorite places in the whole franchise.

based sinnohbro

Mirage Island blew my mind as a kid.

Yeah I get that but this pretty much became Pokemon's style which is weird. A franchise about monster collecting and for the most part linear progression and exploration. The games start out railroading you hard and only really open up more once you get badges. To me a series about monster collecting and battling would make a lot more sense if you could actually truly explore the world and didn't have to challenge for badges in a linear order. Even Final Fantasy games do exploration way better than Pokemon. Pokemon are some of the most linear open games I have ever seen. By the time you got the world to explore there is basically nothing left because you do everything almost as soon as you get to an area.

Someone needs to make a truly open world Pokemon romhack.

yes a very fun area to explore indeed

Attached: xE5v0ZY.png (272x131, 3K)

They did. Try crystal clear.

Yup. Feels good to be challenged by the game to plan your movesets so that you can progress through anything. It's something that newer fans might not know about.

Crystal Clear would have been a fun romhack if the faggot who made it didn't self-insert himself right before the elite four with Pokemon 10 levels higher than yours

Attached: 246.jpg (408x491, 106K)

Just bring HM slaves fag.

>challenging
>pokemon
mate it's a waste of time

Attached: jason.png (287x218, 53K)

>just waste 1/3 of your party with worthless pokemon bro it's no big deal

So is all of pokemon. Why play older gens when you can just boot up your XY/SM, skip training with nu-Exp share and get to the good stuff, the cut-scenes!

> Needing a full party of fighters all the time.

yeah i'd like to have a party full of fighters when i'm about to enter one of the last areas of the game and take down the leader of Team Galactic

>he can't beat the game with just an ace and a couple of support mons
I thought these games were supposed to be easy

Attached: 1521401306119.png (353x230, 78K)

Pokemon Crystal Clear does that and it works great. Trainers and Gym leaders scale with how many badges you have. Wild Pokemon scale similary. So you can basically choose if you want to go a specific region first to get the pokemon you like. Much better than having to play for 20 hours until you get to the point where the wild pokemon you have wanted since the beginning of the game are