GEARS OF WAR 5 PRODUCER: SMOKING IS BAD

>"Rod Fergusson (VIDEO GAME PRODUCER) claims the anti smoking story for Gears 5 is false and was his personal choice after seeing friends die of lung cancer."

What will they change next? Will all the famous literature in which people smoke, drink and are racist be reworked? Will they rewrite all smoking/drinking/sugar consuming/fat/non sport/salt consuming/coffee drinking vidya characters?

twitter.com/GearsViking/status/1149821953487724544?s=19

Attached: asd.png (656x361, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dfeVx_bOzdg
youtu.be/Hfzmka8Pfa4
youtube.com/watch?v=ywiOO1CWVWw
cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/smoking-and-cancer/how-does-smoking-cause-cancer
pipedia.org/docs/Pipe_Smoking_Health.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nJ6bb1AyeS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SMOKE BAD
SEXY WOMEN BAD
VIOLENCE GOOD
western games are garbage lmao

kek what if he was smoking marijuan
Gears of Weed lol

Smoking actually isn't bad for you, that's just propaganda.

What about the breeding camps? Are they still considered canon?

Gears of DUDE when

>Remaking this thread

Not even the tobacco industry agrees with you.

why does this even matter? its not like the gears of war series was known for characters that smoked.
what a fucking pointless story.

I don't know where gears is developed but I remember lucky Luke trading his cigarette for a straw maybe 15 years ago

True. Please keep smoking a pack a day to prove all these sheeple wrong.

Fucking hell people who make games are wimpy faggots

This is why video games will never be art

That's because they're forced to believe the lies or face government punishment. Smoking is not proven to do any harm.

Isn't gears supposed to pander to spics? This is sure as fuck not how you do it.

My stepfather died of lung cancer, he never smoked and hated people smoking

>I don't like thing so I'm not going to put thing in my video game
What's the issue

Who even smoked in GoW? This is somehow more retarded than the typical woke shit they try to do, but im pretty sure those cucks expect some congratulations or something.

>sugar consuming/fat/non sport/salt consuming/
Here is the thing you fucking shitlord incel. Being an obese lardass is the optimal body in the eyes of the left and not unhealthy at all.

>so much anti-smoke shilling lately
make me think

Attached: 1200367.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

No, lauding ugliness is what passes for art nowadays so games are just following suit.

Can we get rid of guns next? I mean if mature rated games can't have smoking or tits why should they have murdersticks?

>smoking 50 chemicals is fine
Lol no

The Gears of War series is now being developed by Canucks.

>You know I don't like this thing so I won't put it in my game
>Yea Forums: noooooo bros how can this be! now they will rewrite every piece of art involving smoking! ugh... video games will never be art...
Grow up.

Attached: 1557665676464.png (600x688, 124K)

Based.
Fuck smoking and fuck those mobile carcinogen pollutant addicted spreaders. They're on par w/ aids carriers.

It was once an American series now it's made by some cucked ass Canadians.

I mean they do like it a lot for some reason but there's nothing that really panders to them other than one character.

>NNNOOO WHY ARE THERE HOMOS SPREADING AIDS IN MY VIDYA, THE WEST IS DEGENERATING!!!!!
>NNNOOOOO WHY ARE THEY BANNING SMOKING, THIS IS WHOLESOME HEALTHY ACTIVITY AND NOT DEGENERATE AT ALL AAHHHH!!!!!

Smoking is bad but removing it from an M rated game because of personal beliefs is retarded. Glad I stopped buying Gears games at 3.

>Smoking is NOT okay bro
>Killing IS okay

Agreed smokers aren't human.

It is, that's just propaganda infesting your dumb brain.

>Some developer wants to remove some feature from their game
>Yea Forums is against this
>Some group wants the developer to remove some feature from their game
>Yea Forums is against this saying that developers should add or remove whatever they want since it's their game

You people are clowns. Hypocrite clowns with no strong beliefs.
I'm going to bed goodnight

Are you implying Japan doesn't censor smoking too?

never post your literal reddit meme ever again

Attached: gat3.jpg (1200x1200, 112K)

>person dislikes smoking
>doesn't put it in the game he's making
>NOOOOO SMOKING EAS ALWAYS A CORE MECHANIC OF GEARS FUCK SJWS AAAAAAAAAH

He got control and it is his game. He's free to do what he wants as the producer. I think it's stupid but I don't control the franchise.

Gee nuance is hard
Die in your sleep fag

Is Yea Forums so contrarian as to yell SMOKING GOOD because a company decided they didn't want to include it?

Yea Forums - Fake Outrage

I mean he is correct, smoking IS bad.

Hoffman and Barrick are literally the only characters to be seen with smoking, and it's cigars, too. Not to mention Barrick is DLC. DMCV has smoking, though, but it had the soimessage of "dun ackshually do this".

Attached: thanks.jpg (640x265, 47K)

don't pretend like every original cog would look 10x cooler chomping on a cigar

Back to resetera samefag.

Name a character that smokes in Gears. I'll wait. Stop being mad about nothing.

This place is literally reverse resetera these days

Exactly the same easily offended outrage, but for the opposite reasons.

>people actually complaining that a game won't have smokes in it
get addicted, my dudes

Micheal Barrick

have you ever tried watching TV?
I swear the anti-smoking AD's have gotten more and more disturbing over time.

At first it was harmless meme commercials and I mean LITERAL meme usage commercials to the point of it being kinda cringy and un self aware also throwing bro-science factoids at people.
then sometime just last year I was watching something where a John Carpenter "Thing" creature wiggled out of a carton and tried to jump down some kids mouth and now recently I've seen commercials where peoples teeth outright decay fall out in graphic detail or some dude outright take a plier to his mouth.

>youtu.be/dfeVx_bOzdg
>youtu.be/Hfzmka8Pfa4
what the actual fuck is going on and why is there suddenly so much interest in anti-smoking? I mean everyone and their grandma (the ones that made it this far lol) already know that smoking is shitty for you so why the sudden vested interest in campaigning against it?

It raises the question "what money is there to be made in doing so" and I've yet to come to a solid answer for that. My guess though is that somebody is trying to pave the way for new inhalant products or maybe some guy is lining politicians pockets with to get Marijuana legalized soon.

anyways yeah. I have real conspiracy theorist vibes going on about this and theres no way I can be the only person to have noticed this.
I mean I dont even see anti-texting and driving yet anti-smoking ad's are still in full force.
what the fuck is going on? I highly HIGHLY doubt the people behind the company are doing this out of the sheer goodness of their hearts. someone somewhere is profiting bigtime or at least planning too. I just know it.

Attached: DELTE THIS.png (640x640, 663K)

Only for underage characters.

but just yesterday an user dumped like 10 studies showing why smoking is bad
surely one of our fellow anons wouldn't do that, just spread misinformation around like that for his own agenda, right?

>billie eilish music starts playing
>teenage girl protagonist starts screaming and slitting her wrists
>anti smoking sign on every wall

The state of gears of war in current year

>getting throat cancer to own the libs
EPIC

Attached: trump2.jpg (620x412, 36K)

>when even reddit is calling Yea Forums pozzed now because of fake outrage bullshit like this thread
it wasn't supposed to be like this Yea Forumsros

Based. Smokefags must suffer.

Attached: 11195979725.jpg (3034x2250, 1.74M)

>DMCV has smoking, though, but it had the soimessage of "dun ackshually do this".
That's because Japan is all about censoring smoking

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>My guess though is that somebody is trying to pave the way for new inhalant products or maybe some guy is lining politicians pockets with to get Marijuana legalized soon
You nailed it
Odd coincidence how all those ads resurge right around the time Juul starts running ads advertising itself as "the safer alternative and the leader in the fight against smoking" and more states move to legalize

Even if that was true, nicotine by itself is a really nasty drug. If it just magically appeared in your body it would still have a host of terrible effects on it, even ignoring it's addictiveness.

Once you reach a certain level in your life you either smoke to relieve stress, fill your ass with coffee (much worse than smoking), drink or do hard drugs.
One of these clears your mind, is cheap and accessible, can be carried even in international flights with you.
Taking smoking away from people is like enclosing them in the stress prison until they turn onto another vice.

>SMOKING IS BAD
But that's true.

He's right. That's why you vape

Attached: suck-dick-the-smooth-rich-taste-of-marlboro-cigarettes-24516757.png (500x522, 143K)

yeah, i think the only answer is about Marijuana meme and shity vaping, everybody know already smoking is bad for you. I dunno why they remove smoking from the game, this shit hurt nobody and after all and the game is 17+, not for kids.

Attached: 1561765647837.png (597x913, 847K)

>Smoking is cheap

What the fuck?

hey hey people

do you have more?

They should just masturbate. That's a safer drug than all the ones you listed.

Nice. I need to rewatch this asap.
youtube.com/watch?v=ywiOO1CWVWw

Do you expect me to be mad about this?

>implying smoking isn't bad
I get Yea Forums is the contrarian board, but there's no need to be this pants-on-head retarded.

Enjoy lung cancer, yellowed decayed teeth, and heart disease i guess.

Remember kids!
If you make a thing, DON'T CHANGE THAT THING FOR ANY REASON OR UNDER ANY PRETENSE. THAT'S CENSORSHIP.

If you make a thing, and then you decide to un-make it in some small way for your own reasons and under your own power, YOU'RE DESTROYING DEMOCRACY HOW FUCKING DARE YOU.

SECOND DRAFTS ARE FOR COMMUNISTS

>coffee worse than smoking
Imagine what 70 IQ you need to have to believe in this wishful thinking. The only way coffee is worse than smoking is if you're drinking 20+ cups a day.

Attached: ZyZIIsJ.png (702x720, 936K)

so they feed the bugs meat and then eat the bugs
genius

seething

>That's why you vape

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 30K)

It's been a known fact that anti-smoking ads are made intentionally terrible because they are literally made by the tobacco companies themselves.

They basically do a piss poor virtue signal and say "look we're trying" despite not at all.

All the times Xtrannies were screeching because drawn pictures of 12 year olds couldn't have big tits anymore.

Meanwhile...

Attached: kojima is a hack unlike BASED ROD.png (584x753, 371K)

>Once you reach a certain level in your life you either smoke to relieve stress, fill your ass with coffee (much worse than smoking), drink or do hard drugs.
Don't project your needless addictions onto other people, you fag. Just because you lack self-control doesn't me we all do.

And even then it's probably not as bad as a pack of cigarettes a day

>sm*kers on Yea Forums

Attached: 1394212073744.gif (475x358, 1.34M)

It's all propaganda

>lung cancer
>heart disease
>bronchitis
>addiction to nicotine
>strokes
>tooth decay
>ED
I want to believe this is bait, but with the swarm of newfags from reddit, i'm unsure.

>smoking is cheap
didn't know we had actual tobacco company lobbyists on Yea Forums, based

this argument will just lead to them taking violence away too, y'know

Just weed, although I can't now, because I got a tooth pulled yesterday.

>Everybody should have addictions to relieve stress! Just accept it!

You are just like those "fat acceptance" cunts.

Whe do western devs care about this shit, instead of making a good game?

Attached: 2019-06-10_13h32_22.png (1280x720, 581K)

If I'm gonna relieve stress then I'm gonna masturbate or play vidya. It's cheaper and safer.

Has Gears 5 had the absolute worst pre-release marketing for a AAA game ever?
>Bad first trailer showing really bad re-designs of certain characters
>Nothing for a year
>Unnecessary name change
>Gears Pop!
>Awful e3 billie eilish trailer which couldn't even crack the to 10 most viewed MS games trailers
>CGI trailer for a new mode nobody will play
>PRE-ORDER NOW FOR THIS TERMINATOR DLC!
>Still NO Gameplay shown of the campaign. Multiplayer only shown in random streams
>Director comes out thinking he's hot shit for banning smoking in his literal murder simulator

I think you're looking too far into this. Everyone is. It's a non issue for the story and had it not been brought up it no one would have noticed

>You are just like those "fat acceptance" cunts.

Attached: american hours.png (955x817, 405K)

>imagine being THIS MUCH of a pussy

>propaganda
>Yea Forums
I dunno user, usually us Yea Forumsirgins are on the level, real honest salt of the earth folk y'know?

This is so they can actually sell their game in China and they're trying to disguise it by taking the moral ground isn't it

Attached: 1561930637894.jpg (399x400, 13K)

Leave it to Yea Forums to blow the actions of one man out of proportion, take your sensationalist bullshit and fuck off back to your current affairs tv show.

>It raises the question "what money is there to be made in doing so"
In any country with nationalized health care anti smoking stuff is cheaper than the medical costs of treating smoke related conditions. Probably? Fucked if I know how much a TV commercial or a few decades of treatment cost.

The two things are not mutually exclusive. Not putting smoking in a game takes 30 seconds to say no, making a good game takes months and talent and is therefore a lot harder.

Have we gotten to the point where not smoking is considered SJW?

>propaganda
I hope you really believe that, so you can get lung cancer and die.

>dies at the bus stop
>"he totally died in the heart attack grill of a heart attack you guys"

You're probably one of those people who encourges harmful fetishes like bdsm, loli or scat because it helps any random weirdo "relieve stress"

>manages to post the only two pics I actually cropped myself

what does it mean?

Attached: 1562903901909.jpg (1545x991, 567K)

At this point Anthem was shitting the bed harder but that's because Bioware's name was already in the mud. The Coalition is almost certain to be the next 343i.

>Yea Forums after reading this post

Attached: 6127932171_94c0cd6375_b[1].jpg (800x800, 97K)

Debatable. Caffeine and Meth are not too dissimilar in effects, just one is regularly abused and taken in obscene amounts and is illegal.

Meth heads do like 100-200mg per hit or something retarded like that which is roughly equivalent to 2,000-4,000mg of caffeine or 10-20 cups of coffee in a very short time span. Meanwhile taking 5-10mg of Meth is like a single cup of coffee except a little different and longer lasting.

Everything in moderation. The average person is just retarded and is unable to understand nuance.

Gears of War should have stopped after the third game. Any new games should have just been multiplayer only with Horde mode serving as a mode for people who want something not multiplayer competitive focused.

i rather be eating a salad than suffer a bad breath from long term smoking

good, then maybe the sheeple will start caring.

Yea Forums suddenly gives a fuck about gears? Well marketed.

Where does it say in? It says at, and suggests the bus stop is right out front. Retarded fucking gamergator looking for some journo spook

Looks like somebody's dilator's tangled in their hairball

when it was in their interest, the jews made a propaganda for smoking
now that it's not in their interest, the jews are now making propaganda for anti-smoking and pro-weed

Enjoy your many diseases.

You do realize you're inhaling a bundle pack of acetone (nail polish remover), nicotine, tar, lead, butone, and ammonia, right?
You're putting the space beneath your fucking sink in your mouth, essentially

Sheep, stupid fucking sheep.

What rock have you been living under? There's been anti-juul ads for years now.

Another shit thread about a shitty topic.
Yeah, I'm on Yea Forums

Plus all the powdered fiber glass to cover your lungs in thousands of micro cuts to better intake the product

Still didn't show me where the article says he died in the restaurant. You made that claim while pretending someone else was being dishonest and then you can't even back it up. Embarrassing

Smoking is cool, no matter how you try to deny it.
it's also a great way to meet women.

Sugar is far worse than smoking. Guns are the worst. Still haven't banned either yet.

Attached: 14-sweet-facts-about-sugar_50290f9169242_w450_h600.jpg (450x600, 87K)

>want to outlaw tobacco (incites user)
>want to decriminalize weed (pacifies user)
Why not tobacco for some, weed for others, tiny american flags for all?

>Taking smoking away from people is like enclosing them in the stress prison until they turn onto another vice.

Remember back in the early 2000s when there was an overhaul of public smoking bans in the US and a dozen EU countries? What followed was an annual 20 percent increase in restaurant revenue and 30 percent increase in bar revenue. Even the states that have adopted such legislation late in recent years has shown a large economic benefit for independent businesses.
Smokers are pathetic addicts that people don't want to be around.

>cigfag thinks he has the right to call anyone a sheep while he continues to consume the nicotine jew

Attached: 1388983658723.jpg (625x531, 63K)

>cool
most people can’t pull it off
>a great way to meet women
i’ll believe that when I see it

A great way to meet other disgusting smoker women that look 40 when they are 25 you mean.

Are you retarded? serious question man

A great way to fuck your health too lmao

Did women ruin Gears?

>i’ll believe that when I see it
I lighted Gal Gadot's cigarette once.

>Smoking is cool, no matter how you try to deny it

t. kid that idolized mid-20th century celebrities that died in their 40s

Attached: LaRue B&W.jpg (180x223, 10K)

I don't think anyone considered this but good point.

Are you a sheep? Sheep.

he's right. smoker genocide best day of my life

Attached: 1390889700615.jpg (1070x840, 817K)

>put poison in cigarettes
>SEE GOYIM SMOKING IS BAD
Tobacco is good for you, it boosts your testosterone and confidence

Sheeeep

>smokers consider Gal Gadot cool

Attached: 1437532578867.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

>retards are so contrarian that they'll go out of their way to harm themselves in order to "own" the normies/libs

Attached: 1000_yard_stare.png (306x290, 6K)

that cigarette’s name? albert einstein

>producer changes content of the game
>it's not censorship
Producer is basically a suit who has nothing to do with the game

>men who smoke are manly
>men who don't smoke are low test beta males
Can someone explain this to me?

I do heroin substitute (subutex), I take like 1/5 of a tablet every 2 weeks and the effects are insane and I never faced withdrawal syndromes.
Meanwhile I know addicted people taking that shit every 2 hours and they go insane if they end up out of drugs.

Attached: 1539886633153.png (1267x785, 99K)

My grandfather died of lung cancer at the age of of 60. Dude has been smoking all his life and couldn't survive without smoking everyday. What a champ.

>they grenade function so now there is smoke grenade and flashbangs

Seriously? Utterly fucking pointless and ruins the game a bit.

>Tobacco is good for you, it boosts your testosterone and confidence

Attached: 1561211700718.jpg (680x940, 63K)

Its because they are legally required to produce these ads, in the states at least. Why would you put a lot of effort into something that is the complete opposite of your business?

>giving your money and good health to the tobacco jew
>"sheep!"
this has to be ironic

>He first dismissed studies claiming them as liberal leftist propaganda
>now he uses them because "see? smoking is bad!"
Make up your damn mind faggot

>Have we gotten to the point where not smoking is considered SJW?

Don't be surprised. We've had fatsos get mad when people say they only drink water when playing vidya, we've had religiousfags come preach to us in the middle of cheesecake threads and moralfags still get uppity when people talk about sharing/pirating games.

Smoking is bad

But alcohol is good

of Course. Check Who preaches not smoking on social media? Leftist libshit SJWs.
There's something going on behind the scenes that I don't fully understand but one thing I know for sure is to never believe nor trust the leftist SJW jew

i quit cigarettes thankfully. i quit for a girl, but quitting them completely opens your eyes to something non-smokers will never know about. it is insane, that no matter what i was doing, it felt like i needed a cigarette to go along with it. the feeling is so real. it is so bad. once you quit and that feeling is gone completely, it's like the world is new to you. cigarettes are so disgusting. but they look cool in media. nowadays i just smoke the ganja

We'll all be dead in a few years so who cares.

why?

>medical professionals are leftist libshit SJWs according to retards like you
No wonder antivaxers are on the rise

>tfw you quit smoking weed after being dependent on it and spending all your money

feels fucking good bros

None of you guys were going to buy Gears anyways. Talking about this franchise is near impossible unless a new game is being marketed to be released. Once that is over though its back to Yea Forums not giving two fucks about Gears.

Are we really complaining about this of all things? This seems like a choice amongst the developers themselves which is fine. I mean for fucks sake if somebody really wanted to censor smoking in games then McCree from overwatch would've been censored by now since he smokes fucking cigars.

This is stupid.

Attached: 1512666769094.jpg (1920x1080, 688K)

>western """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""games"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Yeah I sure love fucking my arteries, brain and liver. How could you tell?

Attached: 1 AA cette phrase terrible que 2.jpg (423x553, 55K)

Smoking is lame but it's still part of most of the world's cultures. You can't pretend like it doesn't exist. Like tits.

t. 40 years old, smoked from 16-37, quit cold turkey.

Haya kiddos! Smokin's bad for you. So instead ya porky bastards, why not guzzle down these officially licensed gamer fuel drinkos and get your kicks on shotloads a sugar, and while you're at it 'nosh on this gamer grub for that good old smack this thousand plus milligrams a sodium will do ya?

Attached: Dangelo disagrees.gif (190x200, 2.76M)

this but unironicly

4channel
>smoking
>alcohol
>bounty
>mcdonalds
>lifts
>high test

vs

r*dd*t
>vapes/hates smoking = dumb sheep
>hates alcohol
>snickers
>burger king
>cardio
>low test

Yes, bro. Of course I smoke. How did you know?

Attached: 1sfcn7.jpg (736x960, 68K)

Every single manly thing must disappear from video games

If the planet wanted me to eat insects, it'd give me one of those elastic tongues that I can shoot out 15 feet and snag insects out of the air or off branches and please women in ways the devil himself couldn't begin to fathom.

Attached: 1558870310255.webm (360x498, 1.41M)

Smoking literally is cancer causing and should be banned though. If cigarettes were invented yesterday and introduced as a new product and we knew all the effects, there's no way they'd be allowed to market in any civilized country. They have zero benefit, are addictive, and give you fucking cancer.

>DURR BUT BUT THEY CALM ME DOWN BRO
Yeah of course they fucking calm you down, you're high strung because your body needs its fix, you're physically addicted to nicotine. Crack calms down crack addicts, too.

>BUT BUT IT'S NOT HURTING ANYONE
First of all, you smell and you make everything smell. You either reek of disgusting smoke, or of Walmart brand air fresheners you spray and hang in your car to get rid of the smell. You offend everyone with your existence.
Second, secondhand smoke also causes cancer. You're polluting the air with carcinogens. You fucking addict monkeys are always standing outside your jobs or some public place smoking right next to the doorway and children walk through it and breathe your toxic fumes.
But no, infecting the air isn't enough. You also have to toss your fucking cigarette butts on the ground and infect the land, too. They're fucking trash, do you toss them on the ground in your house? Do you think you look cool tossing a butt on the ground? You look like a fucking third world retard.

>BUT BUT MY FREEDUMB
Your freedom to harm yourself and those around you with cancer causing smoke and trash? Cmon, we all know why you're really defending it. You're addicted. You're weak. You're enthralled to some corporation who doesn't give a fuck about you and will keep raising prices. You don't even know what freedom is.

>BUT... BUT... BUT I CAN'T STOP!!!
Not my problem faggot. Production of cigarettes should be banned and tobacco can return to being a small industry for the occasional cigar and pipe smoker. Your mass produced shit is LITERALLY cancer.

*Ahem*
FUCK cigarettes
FUCK tobacco companies
And FUCK vape faggots too btw.

Do you still have any teeth, nails, lungs and not stinky clothing left?

I'm glad his friend didn't die in a shooting then.

You fucking idiots, "scare 'em straight" anti-cig commercials have been around since the fucking 1980s. Dumbass zoomers weren't around for when the bitch with the robot voice smoked through a hole in her neck.

Attached: 1549528520439.png (543x422, 208K)

Everything still in perfect shape. Never smoked inside or in cars so no problems there. Lungs won't return to their natural state for at least another 10 years.

Attached: 1559488811376.jpg (1200x628, 274K)

I only started smoking because of gears of war

The sun causes cancer, I guess we should ban that too.

if being manly means having to cough up that disgusting phlegm every day and wheezing about all day long then I don't want to be manly

rip röökijäbä, died of testicular torsion

No, the propaganda is whatever the media in your shithole country has been feeding you.

Big tobacco literally tried to bankrupt a small country with litigation for trying to warn people about the effects of cigarettes.

>I want to believe this is bait, but with the swarm of newfags from reddit, i'm unsure.
It's /pol/ countermovement psychosis in effect. Democrats say smoking is bad and want to ban it so /pol/tards are compelled to disagree with them.

Yeah bro I sure hate getting addicted to the sun. Lost my best friend to tanning, it's really a crisis in this country. Hard to believe it but the celestial body all life on earth has depended on for billions of years is actually equivalent to addictive manufactured products packed with thousands of toxic chemicals.

It's really not that bad and depends on how much you smoke. If you're coughing alot more than normal, you've probably been smoking for over 15 years and more than half a pack a day. Same for shortness of breath, which can be amplified by poor fitness (which is common in smokers). But if you're smoking 2 packs a day those symptoms will be MUCH worse MUCH faster. Like, chronic cough in under 6 months (with the accompanying phlegm) and shortness of break in a month and much more severe.

But I've known people that only smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day their whole life and have no symptoms at all like that. I don't really care as long as they're not doing it by me. Their business.

Smoking and drinking should be illegal as should be adding unnecessary amounts of sugar into grocery goods. Prove me wrong.

>Phillip-Morris has a stealth marketing campaign on Yea Forums now

Attached: 1559892713824.jpg (882x731, 124K)

Why are you people so mentally ill?

Yeah emptying your pockets, killing your sperm count, hurting your stamina, and making yourself uglier and smellier is totally manly.
Cigarettes are for retards dude

No kidding, nicotine increases testosterone and helps prevent alzheimers with huge success rates in high risk people.

Dont smoke, but take nicotine patches or gum or whatever

but they are cool in media.

Yes smoking is bad, are you underage or something?

I'd rather ban blacks and crocs shoes before those

I can't because you're right. Though sugar demonization is often overdone, unlike smoking or drinking it's not inherently harmful to you (your cells literally need glucose to function) and its main problem is that added sugar makes it easier for Americans and other lower lifeforms to overeat.

smoking has been good for you for thousands of years and suddenly its bad for you?
yeah fuck that

First we need to get rid of shit that actually kills people such as weapons, soldiers, tanks and the entire miliatary. After that we should talk about sugar which is in 90% of stuff we eat and is the worst. Then we can talk about fag sticks.

Firstly, if smoking should be banned, so should tanning beds. Secondly, you're breathing in thousands to toxic chemicals each day without smoking and they're more likely to kill you than the toxic chemicals from smoking. You're falling for the "About half of cigarette smokers die of tobacco-related disease" bullshit. A tobacco-related disease does not mean the disease came from smoking, it means smoking could cause that disease but 99% of the time doesn't. Many people who have never smoked die of "tobacco-related diseases".

How bad is it if I only smoke one fag a day?

Are you implying gears doesnt have violence? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

By this logic, there shouldn't be any killing in this game because that's bad too. So is swearing.
These people are the worst. Imagine making a violent (and boring) game series and thinking removing smoking makes you some moral hero. Nobody even noticed until he said this.

none of those things should be banned because people can use them responsibly and people should have the choice to do what they want with their lives. just because there is a bunch of fatasses walking around, does not mean that a guy in good shape can't have a donut every once in a while.

What is the deal with testosterone that you drones like to push it so hard? Are you worried your baby juices aren't strong enough to create offspring? Increase your testosterone until your hair starts falling out.

>Smoking is cool
No its not, I see smoking i instantly think of bottom of the barrel trailer trash and weakness.

Yeah, because you faggots keep puffing your stink and other people are forced to inhale it.

probably one of the reasons i might take up vaping again. i have an addictive personality, so it's either that or coffee. nicotine has some good benefits though.

It likely won't affect your health. Health risks only happen to the retards who smoke 1+ packs a day.

Attached: 1555230247225.jpg (826x1200, 392K)

You're 100% right user, and I'm admitting this even though I smoke myself.
People will keep dying by millions because of a few cunts unable to face the truth and control their own addiction.

Is Twitter suddenly taking a stand on smoking in media? Have they moved on from easy mode accessibility to this now?

My friend just told me today that people were outraged about the amount of smoking in Stranger things S3 too?

Attached: 1562223546397.jpg (765x630, 49K)

Why are smokers so desperate to see their addictions represented in video games?

How is this any different to trannies getting assmad when a game doesn't have trannies? Niggers getting mad when a game has no niggers?

Jesus christ smokers are pathetic. REEEE WHY ARENT MY BIG STRONG MEN AS PATHETIC AND RELIANT ON NICOTINE AS I AM?

Fucking ridiculous

Attached: 1553017524597.jpg (442x546, 50K)

>I think
lol, his majesty powertrip has spoken!

it's cool in media. none of the characters i see smoking in games are "trailer trash" and "weakness" lol are you fucking retarded?

you're not inhaling shit unless you are next to the person. and inhaling second hand smoke is immediately toxic to your body so you would know it, and if you know it, then you should have asked the person to move away. but you're retarded in the first place for being next to them.

smoking is degenerate. it should be outlawed. people can't control themselves and especially parents ruin their childrens health by smoking in the room.

Imagine fucking smoking in 2019.

Attached: 1530948975262.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

You're not getting it. "tobacco-related diseases" are things like lung cancer, heart disease and strokes. None of which are exclusively gotten by smokers. If no one smoked, all three of those would still kill about the same amount of people.

it will fuck up his health what are you saying to the poor lad

>If no one smoked, all three of those would still kill about the same amount of people.
but if no one smoked, then those people who would have smoked would have never gotten those diseases.

God damn I hate these retards in charge of Gears. I work for the company that makes all of their trailers and they are total idiots. The E3 trailer they hired us to make was retarded. Seems to jive with the stupidity I see in that tweet.

Holy shit, he stopped it.
What a fucking BADASS. He fuckin STOPPED IT holy fuckin MOTHER LOAD OF SHIT HE FUCKING SINGLE HANDEDLY FUCKING STOPPED IT.
SMOKING IS FUCKING DONE FOR FUCK.
KOJIMA AND SNAKE BLOWN OUT

The Duffer Bros said Hopper's not going to smoke in Season 4 because of the outrage. Censorshipfags win again.
t. sheep

>If no one smoked, all three of those would still kill about the same amount of people.
Patently false. Unless by "about the same amount of people" you mean "the number would remain approximately in the same order of magnitude", in which case it's patently retarded.

Testosterone deficiency is directly tied with depression rates in males, mate. It is vital to male mental health and every guy should get his t levels checked out every once in a while

>zero benefit
If this were the case, no one would smoke. Tobacco stimulates and relaxes. It feels good.
>first of all, you smell and you make everything smell. You either reek of disgusting smoke, or of Walmart brand air fresheners you spray and hang in your car to get rid of the smell. You offend everyone with your existence.
So does anyone with B.O. and stinky perfume/cologne. Gonna ban them from the public? I wouldn't mind banning people who wear Axe spray from being near others.
>Second, secondhand smoke also causes cancer.
Extremely unlikely outside the most extreme exposure levels, i.e. living with someone who smokes for most of your life. It is otherwise quickly diluted in the open air. If you're worried about "secondhand" smoke, you better be picketing for stricter regulations on where and how much you use your car if you care so much.

FYI, the National Cancer Institute produced a huge study on secondary smoke and disease. They failed to find a link in 76,000 people. Unlike direct smoking, research on secondary smoke is fraught with contradictory results and it's far from obvious it causes disease at the exposure levels you're complaining about, i.e. walking by a smoker on a street for a few seconds. And no, the NCI is not funded by the tobacco industry.

The only people who should be worried about secondary smoke are people who live with smokers who smoke indoors, in which case, open a fucking window or get an air purifier. Or go outside.
>Production of cigarettes should be banned
Do you work for organized crime?

All that said, packaged cigarettes blow. As long as you're still smoking, I would encourage any smoker to start rolling their own, save money, and stop giving tax money to a government that only sees you as someone they can openly extort without any backlash. The tobacco tastes and smells better, too.

Attached: stock-photo-hand-holding-smoking-cigarette-and-blurred-baby-newborn-background-it-is-dangerous-for-p (1500x1101, 1.27M)

The world is pussy now.
Take me back to old world.

There's no proof smoking is causing their disease, so it's very likely they would have got the disease no matter what.

fuck smoking subhuman trash, I hope they die painfully while coughing their black lungs out

Smoking IS bad, but then Gears is about bad things happening, so what gives?
Initially the proposal to remove smoking representation was offered to the game's broadcasting company which isn't out of place since tobacco is never advertised in any other sport.
I don't get why they decided to extend this to the entire game, though.

Coool, thanks

I controlled my smoking addiction for 5 years so far and never needed more than 1 smoke a day

That'd be great, then people would stop buying their shit and they could go bankrupt.

Watch Mad Men if you want smoke kino

Why are white males so desperate to see themselfes represented in video games?

How is this any different to trannies getting assmad when a game doesn't have trannies? Niggers getting mad when a game has no niggers?

Jesus christ white males are pathetic. *bait*

Fucking ridiculous

See how this work /pol/cel? You should really look in the mirror before you start throwing stones.

Chocolate is literally FAT causing and should be banned though. If chocolate were invented yesterday and introduced as a new product and we knew all the effects, there's no way they'd be allowed to market in any civilized country. It has zero benefit, it's addictive, and makes you fucking fat.

This man is right goy- I mean guys! Smoking is healthy for your mind and body, go buy a pack now and see for yourself!

You can still smoke. Please do keep smoking as much as you can to own those libtards before it's too late.

you must be a brick. i don't know how i am talking to a brick, but it has been proven, mr. brick. anyone who is smoking cigarettes right now is creating an environment in their body that is/will be able to support cancer.

>game has you fight against an alien swarm bent on overtaking earth
oh so now we're supposed to think swarms of enemies overtaking our homeland is bad now? woooooooow. what will the libtards do next?

Chocolate is literally the only way to get kids to eat antioxidants

imagine the smell

I don't smoke tobacco, but I take a little puff poof peef on the reef reef every now and then if you know what I'm spinnin here mistah rin tin

Attached: DOPE.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

lmao

don't all the characters literally have breather masks now though?

Yeah and I bet you know a lot about giving kids chocolate, fuckin pedo. Offer them cigs next time.

>If this were the case, no one would smoke. Tobacco stimulates and relaxes. It feels good.
People don't pick up smoking because of nicotine's stimulant effects. If they were only after the nicotine, they would just use nicotine patches or gum. People start smoking because of marketing and peer pressure (which is ultimately created by marketing). Nobody enjoys their first cigarette, or their second one, or even their dozenth one. The relaxing effect also doesn't exist until you've formed a physical addiction to nicotine, because it's just caused by relieving the withdrawal symptoms.

There are better stimulants than nicotine, and if you absolutely want to use nicotine there are better ways to get it than smoking fags. If you were a real chad you would use no stimulants at all, because prolonged constant stimulant use just lowers your baseline and negates any positive effects of the stimulant.

why did they make such a big deal out of it? doubt anyone would have noticed if the characters simply just didn't smoke
seems like such a stupid thing to even mention at all

As a white male all the games I play already have white males in them so I wouldn't care if some zoomer trash didn't include them.

What's your point buddy?

the fuck is this
>no waist
>no ass
>no muscle
of the females in this clip she has the worst body of them all
I understand hollywood wants to/does dictate what is the standard of beauty but are they forgetting they're now up against 100 billion gigabytes of 10/10's streamed in high definition straight into the eyeballs from the comfort of our homes/the workplace shitter?

Attached: 1498123911650.jpg (600x463, 55K)

Little Timmy who died at 5 years old of lung cancer must have been a hardcore smoker.

>It feels good
is this like "beer tastes good"?

Attached: hGdyO8zI.jpg (461x461, 46K)

>smoking is ba-

Attached: smoke.png (635x1131, 628K)

Wait, what's wrong with this?

Attached: wag.gif (634x400, 91K)

So many fucking retarded sheep in this thread who think smoking is actually bad for you.

How much did you smoke/day? Did you consume any other "drugs" such as coffee/alc/weed/sugar?

spbp

Huh, I guess you're right, this one instance negates every other case of people dying younger than average due to smoking.
She's also Nepalese and a woman, I guess that this one example means that Nepalese are the master race and women are physically more robust then men.
>The world's oldest living person is a 116-year-old Brooklyn woman, Susannah Mushatt Jones
Even more evidence that women are superior to men.

Do you have a single proof to back that up

This is also the chick that refused to do any sort of working out to look the part of Wonder Woman because she was paranoid of looking like a bodybuilder afterwards.

Yeah, 2 or 3 pushups is going to turn you into fucking Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Can't prove a negative.

Good

Right?
It took doctors how many decades to finally turn around and say it's unhealthy?
It's normal to choke and cough when you inhale smoke.

Do you have any proof that you aren't covered in fucking wool you stupid sheep.

>If you're worried about "secondhand" smoke
Listen you stupid nigger, the real victims of second hand smoke are the children with ignorant parents.
t. my brothers and I are all painfully asthmatic thanks to our chain smoking parents, asthma was not a trait in our family at all, then all of us kids developed it living in a home with 2 chain smokers.

You can't blame a child for not being aware of the dangers, it's up to the parents to accept that their smoking is a danger to their children and they need to avoid it in the home, if you smoke indoors you should be shot.

Actually if you smoke at all you're a fucking retard and should be shot.

>People don't pick up smoking because of nicotine's stimulant effects. If they were only after the nicotine, they would just use nicotine patches or gum.
This is true, smoking provides other benefits like the relaxing effect from the other alkaloids, and pleasure from the rituals of use. I'm not saying there aren't smokers who feel stuck in a hole when deprived of tobacco and smoke mainly to dig themselves out, but that ain't me. I live a pretty relaxed life and don't feel dependent at all on tobacco. I imagine those people have other problems contributing to their tobacco dependency.

Say what you want, but there's a reason people with depression and schizophrenia tend to smoke a lot more than most other groups of people. It must be helping them in some way.
>There are better stimulants than nicotine
If we're just talking cigarette smoking, then this is an arguable point. On its own, nicotine is pretty useful. When taken out of smoke it doesn't cause disease, tolerance resets within the day, and dependency is mild, even non-existent. Pure nicotine is as benign a psychoactive drug you can get, next to caffeine. Smoke is what causes harm.
>The relaxing effect also doesn't exist until you've formed a physical addiction to nicotine, because it's just caused by relieving the withdrawal symptoms.
You can go on the Wikipedia page right now and see its curious psychoactive effects discussed by medical literature. The relaxing effect is well-documented. Tobacco contains other alkaloids aside from nicotine.
>prolonged constant stimulant use just lowers your baseline and negates any positive effects of the stimulant.
I'm well aware, which is why I don't smoke or use any stimulants very often. Still, tolerance resets rapidly if you aren't downing a pack a day.
>Nobody enjoys their first cigarette
I did, and in my experience, those who don't tend to not continue smoking. But then again, I didn't smoke in high school.

Attached: 1483262941663.jpg (620x603, 117K)

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Friendly reminder that every senior developer in MS Studios is up to their eyes in onions

Attached: based woke ralph.png (948x564, 552K)

Arguing that smoking is good is pretty damn retarded. Not saying that censorship is ok, but smoking is bad and you're an outright fool or drone of the tobacco industry to claim otherwise.

Because not only is vaping healthier, it's cooler

I wish I was a fluffy sheep

Attached: 12398734567.jpg (1200x800, 83K)

does anyone even give a fuck about gears of war anymore?

Makes me feel good that I don't buy or fund anything MS.
Too bad they likely get tax breaks and write offs for a lot of their business.

At least they don't censor games like a certain other console manufacturer.

/thread

>the relaxing effect from the other alkaloids
Other alkaloids such as? Nicotine contributes the overwhelming majority to tobacco's psychoactive effects, and what little other alkaloids it has (harmines, named so because they cause you harm) are also stimulants.
>but that ain't me. I live a pretty relaxed life and don't feel dependent at all on tobacco.
Keep telling yourself that, stinky addict.

Vaping makes you look like a dork with a problem.

The kid isn't white, it's fine.

My dad actually had surgery two weeks ago because his legs were fucked from smoking.

It gets attention, especially when 4 is almost three years old and still gets updates.

You might be a sheep, but your father is a horse and should've been turned into glue.

Your doctors are incompetent then because smoking is good for you

Way to fight the MAN lol

Gears of War 1 was a good game. I don’t think it’s even changed a bit, I tried 4 with my nephew and I was literally playing the exact same game with a different story and prettier graphics.

How they’ve managed to make 5 is beyond me.

>When you strive to be so contrarian you call smoking "Not as bad as people say"

Impressive as always Yea Forums

AHEM
All lives matter

How much better would the world be if Twitter was nuked out of existence?

Show me proof that smoking is bad.

Reminder to mentally ill xtrannies and nincels you are not welcome on Yea Forums

Attached: 90+ on Metacritic.png (800x1011, 303K)

Never going to happen. It's America.

cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/smoking-and-cancer/how-does-smoking-cause-cancer

Okay, now what

Yours doesn't.

ITT: smokefags trying to defend their addiction

Attached: 1558693215626.jpg (462x434, 16K)

The main problem isn't the health aspects, it's that it's nasty.
It smells terrible and if smoke gets into your eyes it's uncomfortable.

I literally walk out of restaurants without paying if they seat a person smoking within 10 meters of me.

>SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU
never met a smoker who didn't know that.

>can be carried even in international flights with you
you literally cannot smoke during flights you dunce

Your proof doesn't count because I disagree with it and its author is a cuck.

smoking is a very human character flaw. having a charater in video game light a smoke when hes nervous fleshes out their character.

>retards are paying money to destroy their health

Attached: 1558343188157.png (511x671, 107K)

FAT

Nice propaganda. Show me actual proof.

>they seat a person smoking within 10 meters of me
Any restaurants without smoking areas outside should be closed

In reality smokers have triple digit IQ because they know smoking is good for you

It's true though, smoking is completely retarded. Literally any other drug is better than smoking. You don't get a good high, you only get cancer and smell like shit. Smokers should be gasse- oh wait, they're already doing that to themselves, nvm.

Smoking is a real problem, shooting alien monsters isn't.

If you had finished reading my post, you would have seen me mention that any harm that can actually result from secondary smoke is going to occur in households where someone smokes indoors, particularly when that home is poorly ventilated.

A poorly ventilated home, with or without smoke, is going to contribute to increased risk of developing asthma. Sorry to hear that, though.
>Other alkaloids such as?
Nornicotine, anabasine, anatabine, myosmine, cotinine - these alkaloids are specific to tobacco. I forgot to mention tobacco contains MAOIs that probably contribute to that effect, too.

Tobacco chemistry and pharmacology is complicated. I don't know much about it. But based on my own experiences, I've felt this effect, usually when I'm tired and it's late in the evening.
>Keep telling yourself that, stinky addict.
It's hard to argue against being called delusional given we're complete strangers to each other. Please play fairly.

turning your lungs nigger black isn't good for you user

Attached: 398b78308bc2036ee8716970820f7adb.jpg (650x366, 42K)

>wahhhhh a few weeb games can't have drawn preteens with big tits

Fuck off back to Discord, Xtranny.

Smoke doesn't turn your lungs black - coal dust does. Smokers' lungs are commonly used in lung transplants.

At worst, there may be some slight discoloration from existing lung disease.

>Implying that's an actual smoker's lung

A thriving sheep

I smoked. Then I vaped. Then I vaped 0mg.
Only when you completely quit, you are truly free. Even if you remove the physical addiction, the psychological one is just as, or even harder, to break. Gradually getting down to 0mg juice was easier than putting the thing down completely.
Apart from the health benefits, quitting completely rebalances your psychological profile as your daily mood is no longer a sinusoid of anxiety and relief. It feels so liberating not having to worry when and where your next fix is going to come.
If you're having anxiety issues, I urge you to try quitting with any method you feel comfortable with. The one I described worked for me with no struggle or side effects. I sometimes miss the nicotine high, but I don't crave it, and I remind myself that not experiencing it is much less trouble than being reliant on it. It's great.
Thank you for reading my blog.

You're completely retarded.

Yea Forums
>oxygen mask
>water only
>no candy
>rice
>shitposts
>chad test

im probably gotta get lung cancer from second hand smoke faster then anyone smoking around me
fuck smokers

I'll let you do the search engine queries that would confirm what I'm saying. Good luck.

It's called "thinking for yourself". As a liberal, you might not understand what that means.

You'd probably let your children take vaccines. That's the saddest part.

Attached: amy_shake.png (369x352, 140K)

I don't get it : How does promoting guns, alcohol, violence is okay on the other way?

Well it is bad...

Nothing confirms what you say because you're spewing retarded shit.

Based libertards removing themselves from the genepool.

This is the most thinly veiled /pol/ post I've ever seen.

Yeah, my auntie has been a compulsive smoker for at least 7 years. She's now a compulsive coffer. It ain't pretty what she will hear from the doctor soon.

No, no you won't. That's a fucking lie the smoke industry tells to make it seem less bad for smokers.

Don't forget 2 to 3 baths a day.

Fuck off SJWs go back to whatever your containment site is and take your (((facts))) with you. You'll never take over Yea Forums and it'll be a cold day in hell if it happens

...but smoking IS bad?!?

It's just little kids trolling, because that's the main audience for Yea Forums in 2019: insufferable little shit doing "epic trolling"

But nothing is reworked here. I don't understand.

Are Americans seriously as impressionable as they seem to convey?
>Dude a character is smoking so now I have to smoke!
>Dude a character has a gun so now I have to shoot myself!
>Dude this girl is a slut so now I'm a slut wtf?

So many fucking retards in this thread on bith sides of the aisle.

Nobody normal is upset about this.
Having characters not smoke is not the problem.
The justification behind it is.
The implications are worrying.

If you do not understand this, kill yourself.

its their black genes

Smoking being "cool" was always a stealth marketing tactic employed by the tobacco industry. Your favourite celebrity looking pensive in a black and white photoshoot as they puffed on their pacifier in place of their producers dick was probably just some cheap product placement. Smoking provides no sustenance, nutrition or health benefits other than correlating somewhat positively with a lower likelihood of obesity.

I see nothing wrong in encouraging people not to pour away their wages over relatively expensive cigarettes (or at least, they are where I live), and advising them to avoid crippling their lungs and massively increasing their chances of developing a plethora of cancers. Of course, there is one benefit. Smokers do often have the unique entitlement to take breaks once every hour/two hours at their workplaces, surrounding themselves in the disgusting fumes of their fellow smokees.

Now we just need to do something about the similarly insidious coffee and alcohol industries too.

Smoking is good. It typically kills people before they get too far into being pensioners with medical condition that cannot be treated. Pension funds in most countries are pyramid scams. Smoking keeps 'em slightly more viable and generally smoking is a good thing to national economies due to that.

>Now we just need to do something about the similarly insidious coffee and alcohol industries too.
Could someone mind extrapolating on why caffeine is bad? Not being combative here - I'm genuinely curious. Sources appreciated,

Alcohol provides a very clear health benefit and actually has intoxicant qualities that are worth spending money, time, and health on. Caffeine, while being mostly in the same league as nicotine in terms of the high you get (or the lack thereof), also has health benefits. It's consumed far too much, however, so people mostly derive positive effects from it because their brains won't function properly without it.

Nicotine, and especially cigarettes, are absolute shit and have no place as a drug in a society that likes to think of itself as above the level of helmet-wearing retards.

It's a toll on countries with free healthcare. Our system is built to give affordable treatments to even the poorest classes and these egoistic fucks clog our hospitals because they thought that smoking for 30 years was "cool".

Fuck heavy smokers, they're as disgusting as obese """people""".

How is smoking not bad? Killing yourself slowly, smell bad, costly

The game is aimed at underage kids so it makes sense to not put smoking in it

This.
Smoking companies are right leaning. The jews fear them, that's they first tried to stop them with propaganda and when they realized they couldn't beat them, they introduced vaping to divert the dumb millennial libtards from smoking like real men.

developers 1990-2009
>videogames dont cause violence
developers now
>Videogames cause sexism
>videogames cause rape
>videogames turn you into a nazi
>videogames make you smoke
>videogames make you start the incel insurrection
i wonder what videogames will do next

Attached: activated-almonds-snack.jpg (600x753, 80K)

>It's a toll on countries with free healthcare.
No, it isn't. Lung cancer is almost always diagnosed as terminal disease at the point where pain killers are only care they require. The few more sick days per year they have are tiny expense compared to them being on pension of years longer. Non smokers tend to die in a way that requires more treatment. Especially in countries where healthcare is tax funded. There is no such thing as free healthcare.

Even if it had zero negative effects, alone the horrible smell that affects everything around you and the literally burned money is cause enough to be considered a subhuman for smoking. Not to mention that smokers always drop their fucking stubs everywhere they want and don't give a fuck about lighting up a faggot wherever they want.

What are we supposed to do in the post apocalypse to relieve stress?

Pipe smoking then. The tobacco is much better and smells lovely, and you don't drop any butts; just a little amount of ash which normally is blown away to nothing by wind before it hits the ground.

Jerk off

Destroy modern civilisation and no rebirth just absolute death

It's not actually. Here in the UK the revenue caused by tobacco duty massively outweighs the cost of treatment of smoking related illnesses by the NHS. It would actually be a net loss for public health if people stopped smoking Furthermore, it's utterly disgusting to see you claim ownership of people's bodies in this way. Personally I never use the NHS even though I only earn £30,000 a year because private healthcare is overwhelmingly better after suffering a chronic injury in an accident which has been massively improved in three months of private healthcare as compared to two years of being pushed back and forth by the NHS.

Looking forward to the vegan plot in GOW6

Just because they no longer want to portray smoking in their new games, doesn't mean they'll take it out of their old games.

Sure, they COULD, if they remade them, but they're not going to patch Xbox 360 discs.

And book preservation is much more prolific than video game. If someone tries to destroy all copies of a book with something in it, the literary community would not be having that shit.

Depends on what you smoke, how you smoke it and how often you smoke it. A couple of normal sized pipes of good quality tobacco is statistically negligible in raising cancer rates. The following is hosted on a pipe site, but essentially shows conclusions from a huge amount of tobacco related medical studies. It is harmful, true, but much less than people say unless you're smoking frequently everyday and inhaling the smoke.

pipedia.org/docs/Pipe_Smoking_Health.pdf

Yeah, I too enjoy living in Indonesia!

I like how smoking is handled in RDR2

It hurts you, but refills your shooting meter, making you a bigger badass, but also messing with your stamina/health.

Also, once you're diagnosed with TB you start coughing when you smoke.

You can make the same argument about half of the things we consume. Furthermore, you're hung up about cigarettes and your image of a smoker is someone desperate for cigarettes all the time. What about pipes or cigars?

Coughing fucking sucks. I always get a hiccup whenever I cough too many times.

I mean, he's not wrong.

I don't get why they are trying to make a big deal out of it, most games don't have smoking in them. Out of the two games I can think of that has it, only Vanquish has it as a positive mechanic with no downsides.

You can smoke in Metal Gear Solid as well, to detect a laser grid, but you'll loose health while doing so.

Attached: Vanquish.jpg (700x1009, 326K)

>bounty
Get a load of this fagatron, were /hershy/ here

WHY

DOES

ANYONE

GIVE

A

FUCK

GET

A

FUCKING

LIFE

RETARDS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1557161595947.png (249x297, 142K)

The only positive benefit smoking has in real life is for my colleagues who have half a day of constant breaks to go smoke.

I should be able to retire at age 40 with all the smoke breaks I haven't taken.

Attached: 1533813688573.jpg (960x960, 73K)

Tobacco kills
Guns and grenades are FREEDOM TOOLS

How is it censoring when ut wasn’t in the game to begin with?
Niche gamer and other retarded sites made articles to farm outrage clicks and you guys fell for it. Top kek

What's the issue with this? It's not like he's actively attacking people who are smoking, he personally doesn't like it so he took it out of his franchise. Why shouldn't he be able to do that?

Smoking is bad.
Get fucked smoker.

Attached: 1495956076532.jpg (600x600, 27K)

Who cares, the real problem is the game is garbage.

*it wasn’t in the game

Smoking is bad though

>Spend your days with PTSD from fighting giant bugs
>Insane leftists don't even let you have a cigarette

Only sheep smoke though? When you actually ask anyone why they smoke, it has nothing to do with stress relief or anything else, it's always just

Everyone knows that, and who is retarded enough to smoke because a fictional character does it on a shitty media piece? Kids? Maybe they shouldnt be playing Gears of War in the first place

What sort of cuck actively supports smoking? We all know it’s fucking terrible for you. I’ve smoked for ten years and know I’m a fucking moron. I started smoking spliffs when I was younger and then started smoking cigarettes too. Even stupider I quit for 2 year and then went back to it. It’s a awful addiction and even when you haven’t smoked in over a year you still get situational cravings.

Nigger I don't think anyone here is supporting smoking, but it's a goddamn M rated war game. Crying about smoking when you're murdering things with brutal Gorey detail is a bit hypocritical.

someone post the parade

That’s true but the murder is shit in games doesn’t harm anyone (well you can down the mental health route but that’s another discussion) smoking is a real world thing and it’s proven that seeing it in media at a young ages removes the stigma and makes it more likely someone will try one if offered. Netflix got reamed too because of Hopper smoking too much. He can virtue signal and say it’s his own choice but he probably would’ve had to have this discussion with his team if they added it in. It’s only countries like Japan who still think it’s cool as they still smoke in bars etc, look at Solid Snake etc. The romanticism of cigarettes dies in the 90s for most western countries.

Why the fuck is everyone in this thread so contrarian? What the fuck is this revisionism? Weeks ago every time there was a thread where there's a smoking a male or female character most anons go "ew". Whether it be Solid Snake or some SJW tranny smoking a cigarette, it would still exhibit the same response from anons. But now that's changed...for some reason?
When the fuck did that opinion change? Does that mean if the Gears director said "fuck tattoos" all of Yea Forums will go "wtf I love tattoos now" and start posting tattoo waifus for the entire thread? I don't even mind smoking, but it was Yea Forums where anti-smoking was the most prevalent, and you couldn't have a single thread where a character was smoking without somebody having their panties in a twist beforehand. Quit acting like fucking hypocrites.

Attached: Cigarette Smoking Man X-Files.png (620x420, 379K)

Smoking IS trash though.

>smoking is a real world thing
So guns arent?

Of course they are but my point is people who play games with violence aren’t likely to go out and shoot someone up because of the game, but it’s been proven smoking in media makes it more likely people will smoke. That’s why took it out of all the kids cartoons and shows and now it’s barely on anything. That’s all I’m trying to get across.

Sheep

Attached: 1448745391613.jpg (488x516, 80K)

I think smoking is garbage but why the fuck would you be so triggered over it you'd remove it from a character that had it in it's concept art?

I think they same people that say watching smoke in media makes you smoke are the same that say that playing violent games makes you a murdering pycho.
Why not remove drinking in every movie too, drinking is bad (almost as bad as smoking) And since we are at it lets remove sex too, its bad to sexualize other humans beings. And political and religious views that are not "acceptable" too. And what is and not acceptable? Well mate, thats not for you to decide.

It's his art and he's free to do with it as he pleases

A reminder that if you see anyone complaining about the """removal""" of smoking in Gears 5 that's a clear indication that they haven't actually played a Gears game at all and their opinion should be ignored.

Attached: marcus.png (329x346, 255K)

And it still should be up to each person to make up their own damn minds about it and NOT on some moralfag on a personal crusade

>not american
>is against personal choice and freedoms
>thinkingman.jpeg

>Calling me a Sheep for calling out Sheep for falling for the hive mind meme.
Gears 5 maybe an SJW shit game, but there's no reason to complain about a dev not wanting smoking for his characters. No one complained about Madness Combat with Kinrkles killing off every single character that smoked because he hated smoking. That's just a personal author preference. It's not a symbol of someone being SJW or not. As I said, weeks ago smoking was considered an SJW thing by Yea Forums. Now it's the opposite because some guy on the Gears 5 dev team hates smoking. Switching opinions just because of that is being an absolutely pure sheep.

Attached: Tintin punch.gif (500x383, 485K)

I beta they removed it cause it represents toxic masculinity, west is doomed.

>western games are garbage lmao
this

the absolute state of mutts logic

You obviously don't browse /pol/. They call smokes "niggarettes" because they are dark, dangerous and degenerate.

>It's another marketing campaign masquerading as manufactured controversy episode
Your game looks like shit is probably shit and i'm not buying it

Attached: 1545456863482.png (640x617, 1.14M)

This is one of the stupidest nontroversies I've ever seen talked about on this site. Holy shit.

Attached: 1499378466027.jpg (618x391, 52K)

>He doesn’t Smoke

Attached: 8C9D39FE-66BA-4B9B-9710-BA63918E0C7A.jpg (958x760, 51K)

This board is fucking retarded. Commit mass suicide

Alternatively that's complete bullshit and he's disingenuously claiming this for social points in hopes that his game will sell

>But a concept design didn't make it inti the game

Oh wow lol that never happens in games ever, that changes everything

You can't remove something that was never there.

>Filling your lungs with smoke isn't bad
It's your own choice but don't act like that shit isn't bad for your health.

damn this guy really is retarded

didn't he claim to fight to have cigarette scenes removed or prevented in gears? like how he says that one gears 2 character didn't have a cigarette in-game even though his art did was because of him? this is censorship because he prevented there cigarette from seeing the light of day because he disagrees with it morally

this is a great idea, GUNS OUT OF GEARS

I can't get lung cancer from beer.
I can't get contact high from beer.
I don't get drunk from inhaling other's alcohol fumes because those don't exist.

Seething

Yeah, that's why all 7 billion people on thr planet right now have skin cancer, right?

IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME
also, it would be more effective if there were characters who complained about the one smoking
y'know, so that players can SEE why it's wrong

>being anti-smoking is tumblr
>being anti-smoking is /pol/
Make up your fucking minds, fagfags!

>Noticed that concept art where a character was smoking? I STOPPED IT!!!!

WOOOOOO! Thank god, you are my hero!

Except smoking is pretty awful, I don't see what the issue is.

I wish I never started smoking. Also, is this really true? Doesn't the main protag for Raam's Shadow have a cigar in his mouth constantly?

Smoking is a shit habit, but why is this being turned into a thing? Not only was this "news" but the producer felt the need to take a bold stance on it. Then doubles-down when gore and rating is brought up.

Attached: 1560187707518.jpg (550x550, 49K)

Smoking is what killed my mother
Honestly I don't mind seeing smoking in video games, and until smoking is banned there's no good reason it shouldn't be in video games
Fuck, MGS4 used smoking to show that its bad for you.

>smoking

Seething (or should I say fuming) anti smoke fags.

Tide Pods are actually edible but because they contain special rare herbs so they have to be classed as non edible so the price of the herb is less because its use isn't meant for consumption. Kindoff like diesel, there's a cheaper version of diesel that is red so the government knows if you put it in the tank of your car and can fine you. You should try and eat some tide pods and see what it's like to eat rare exclusive to the rich herbs

>gore is necessary for the plot and gameplay
>smoking is a cosmetic thing

is vaping bad for you? isnt it just nicotine minus all the tar and chemicals and stuff?

Its actually beneficial, gets rid of weak faggot addicts.
Its so satisfying how they cant breath in their last days.
youtube.com/watch?v=nJ6bb1AyeS0

Smoking is bad. Objectively. I don't understand why you're drumming up controversy about smoking, of all things.

Smoking whores

Attached: .jpg (1366x768, 168K)

They realized they didn't have any "controversy" about their game for marketing.

inhaling anything is bad for you

>smoking bad
>soi good

Attached: C0249799-21AF-44D7-B5C8-26219EB9BBFF.jpg (1140x720, 237K)

Is smoking still considered to be the cool thing?

> Of course I don't smoke, m`lady!

Attached: fb0.jpg (200x301, 11K)

Yikes.

Because there are two types of non-smokers

Someone who doesn't smoke:
> /fit/
> usually has a background in sports or military service
> has sex on the regular with beutiful women
> basically Chad

Then there are people who are anti-smoking
> usually either really fat or skinny
> watches anime
> denies the truth of Christ out of spite
> usually dressess up like girls on Twitch
> high probababilty of general sjw or incel behaviour
> browses Yea Forums

>Injecting
>bad
Nooo crack bros, we need to fight this

> chad as a compliment
you need to go back, newfag

>have ADHD
>no patience for watching cancer stick burn down for 5 min
>buy juul to get enough nicotine in one hit to kill a small mouse
Is there any actual reason to keep smoking in this day and age or is it just like people driving around 70s classics with shit gas mileage and using CRT TVs?

You can be killed because a retard thought he was fine to drive after gulping down one bottle of whiskey

depends on whats in the vape juice and if your vape setup. inhaling vapor by itself isn't bad, what's bad is if you start inhaling burnt coils and shit.

Are cigars or pipes any better? I read somewhere that you're meant to do them less frequently.

There hasn't been any long-term studies because vaping is such a new phenomenon. That being said nicotine is only good for anything once you're addicted to it and there's been some anecdotal shit linking vaping to COPD.

They are bad, but not nearly as bad as cigarettes because they arent full of poisonous chemicals

Cigars are like 20 cigarettes put together so its deceptively safer but not really. One thing is that you're not supposed to inhale cigars though

Sure is alot of video games in here

But it is
The only reason you do it is because youre already hooked

Its being a drug addict without the rush

>first time i heard about gears was this year when they shat e3 with their shit tier 30 minute presentation
Seems like shit game desu.

this is very low effort and a pathetic display of racism from some poor brown person

well you were still born a man, don't think that cutting your dick off will make you live longer tranny

seethe

You do get brain damage from drinking regularly
You do kill your body from drinking regularly

There's consequences for taking in any poison and alcohol is a poison

I wonder if he's gonna make Gears 6 take place exclusively in nighttime missions in case he loses any friends to skin cancer.

Can we please start giving the NEVER EVER yellow Sony guy a cigarette in all our collages?

Attached: 1557400064337.jpg (319x340, 83K)

Smoking cigarettes is literally one of the dumbest things to ever happen in human history. "Censoring" it can only be a good thing.

God damn you fucking Autists choose the dumbest shit to sperg out about I will never understand it.

Tobacco companies are on suicide watch now that marijuana is gaining ground (and hemp with it).

Smoking is bad you stupid fucks. It's literally one of the only things that only has negative effects.
It gives you cancer
It's expensive
It makes you smell

I can't Believe we've gotten to the point where Yea Forums will defend smoking because of their extreme contrarism towards western devs.

Western Dev. If the dev was Japanese, Yea Forums would be singing praises.

>It makes you smell
It also makes other people smell. I used to have shoulder length hair, and every time I got near someone smoking a cigarette, I'd have that disgusting smell in my hair for the rest of the day until I showered at night. Fuck cigarettes, and fuck smokers. If this is your vice, you're a weak human being and should rope immediately.

fucking sheep

Fuck off, black lung. Enjoy doing in your 60s.

sheeeeep

Except he's right. Faggot.

Based. Fuck western morals and authoritarianism. Fuck western ideals. Fuck the West. Fuck America. And fuck their videogames.

Remember when Gears was a dumb but fun ultraviolent dudebro shooter with great co op and not some fucking retarded and pretentious feminist muh feel clusterfuck that tries and fails to be taken seriously?

Fucking hell, never thought I'd miss dudebro shooters.

Attached: wojak of war 5.png (500x500, 169K)

smoking is good for you
it boosts your testosterone and confidence

>waaaah my friends died because of smoking waaaah
what a fucking FAG lmao

Funny, coming from someone paying the jews for lung cancer.

>all these retards who never played gears
Didn't know the Locust are people.

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE WAS AGAINST SMOKING?
HITLER!

THE GOW DEVS ARE NAZIS!

Attached: 1561844013566.png (490x774, 143K)

>Remember when Gears was a dumb but fun ultraviolent dudebro shooter
Oh yeah somehow it isn't anymore because there is no smoking (there never was except for one character in a short DLC).

>m-m-muh feels
Remember when Dom finds his lobotomized wife? Remember when Dom kills himself?
No you don't because you didn't play it.

nah bro you gotta spend 15 euro on a pack of rat shit every day because every one will tell you:
>vaping gay because i saw a dumb photo of a soi boy with a vape XD

No they don't. Any time cigarettes are discussed, it becomes.
>trusting (((medical professionals)))

brb smoke

Oh good fucking lord, who gives a shit?