Just started this today and god damn does this opening drag on. I thought this was a murder mystery with witches...

Just started this today and god damn does this opening drag on. I thought this was a murder mystery with witches, not a family of cunts that gets held up at their flight. When does it start to pick up?

Attached: A1BD8AAE-B7CD-4FB0-B7D2-AD58D35ED5C4.jpg (670x384, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/WDAB2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'd say volume 3
the first volume is a murder mystery horror game and is played completely straight until like the last five minutes
the second volume they're still trying to figure out wtf they're doing
starts to get good around volume 3 if i remember right
the rest is ms beatrice's wild ride, the Yea Forums threads for it when witch hunt was actively translating it were some of the best threads ever to hit Yea Forums

if even number than magic is real

Theres like 100 hours worth of reading in it, its bloated as fuck, it takes hours to even get to half decent parts, so just keep reading

1st part only gets interesting until somewhere near the end. Then the series just gets better and better for the most part.

Episode 1 is filled with hints, if you like the mystery, but it only starts to get interesting once the witch shows up

hope you aren't using steam sprites

Why are you here? Leave before getting spoilered. Also if you didn't read Higurashi before you're a huge fucking faggot.

I wasn’t until I saw the old servant’s disgusting looking hands. What’s wrong with the new sprites?

kill yourself

There was one before this? All I ever see discussed here is Umineko.
Am I missing out on some important details if I’m not using them? What’s the difference if it’s mostly text?

>Read a slow paced mistery novel known for being +100 hours long
>WHEN DO THE CHARCTERS STOP TALKING I JUST WANT TO SEE WITCHES AND MURDERS LMAO

This is you, OP.

Nothing, autists here will just cry about MUH SOUL because the artist doesnt know how to draw

>There was one before this? All I ever see discussed here is Umineko.
Umineko is part of the When They Cry franchise and it's the second game of it, Higurashi being the first. You don't need to read Higurashi to understand Umineko but there are some references to Higurashi and if you know them it makes the game a lot more better in my opinion.
also i think that higurashi is better than umineko but if you can't handle the boring parts of umineko then you can't stand a chance against the higurashi ones

There’s no mystery yet. It’s just some kid sperging out about getting on a plane. I know it’s long, I just wanted to know when it gets going.

..so you read only like 1 hour of it and you're already complaining? Is this your first VN?

Attached: 004.jpg (146x170, 11K)

>Literally the first hour of the game

This isn't for you, bud. First murder happens in 10 hours from now on. There's a lot to set up. This is no Ace Attorney or DanganRonpa.

I’m not complaining, and I’m prepared to read through it because I heard it’s great. I just wanted to know how long this part was.

honestly if you're getting bored of it this early on you may have troubles
i don't want to dissuade you from reading it because it eventually becomes one of the greatest vn series ever made but yeah, the first volume alone is dozens of hours long and is a very slow paced murder mystery

the entire vn series is 8 volumes and probably hundreds of hours long
the first volume's ok it's just slow and not crazy
the second volume's not terrible it's just not great either
after that the remaining ones are all good imo

Truth_Be_Told
No need to force yourself through it. Unlike you I enjoyed the ride from the start, but the ending is shit anyway.

>are all good
>what is chapter 4
God I fucking hate that stupid chapter.

i didn't mind 4

I just finished Chapter 2 of Higurashi, man that was some wild shit. I have Umineko planned next, i heard you should play Higurashi first so i put that off for now even though i played just a little bit, i feel kinda nervous starting chapter 3 because theres a lot of fucked shit that went down in 2 but even then, i don't even know if these chapters are related to each at all or they're all some like different universe shit or whatever. Am outta here before i get fucked spoiled and wanna kill myself afterwards, i just wanted to say that. Peace!

Attached: 1559738804188.png (644x432, 657K)

Even though you probably won't see this post have fun with Higurashi, it gets so fucking good in the Answer Arcs.

you don't really miss anything in umineko reading it first honestly

Chapter 4 is overhated. Maria and Ange (yes) scenes were kino. Only dumb goats disagree.

>It’s just some kid sperging out about getting on a plane
And then Battler started crying yet again.

Attached: UWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.png (830x960, 223K)

In the end it turns out there is no mystery to begin with, if you want the "good" ending.
Either magic is real, or you are damned.

It’s not like I’m having a bad time. The only really annoying thing right now is the music, because it doesn’t loop right, and it was too loud so I had to turn it down. Listening to those songs over and over was making it seem longer than it actually was.

Yeah i will have fun, i am sure as fucking hell waiting for those damn answers, but for real this time, i couldn't help but indulge in at least one reply! For real this time am out! Thanks user! PEACE!!

Attached: 1551207940310.gif (540x360, 3.95M)

>literally not understanding the point of the novel

I just finished ep 7 and
I MISS BEATO'S GAMES, I HATE LAMBDA AND BERN, BEATO'S GAMES WERE THE BEST WRITTEN AND MOST ENTERTAINING AND HELD THE MOST MYSTERY AND CHARM UWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH BEATOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIICHEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1548353324324.png (288x254, 103K)

Are you playing with voices? They really slow down the pace of the novel. If you can't handle the slow parts of Umineko please turn them off.

Also, about the music; it never loops around. I thought it was charming.

To create a franchise generating money, I'd guess.
t. "Goat"

To be fair, the lighthearted and cheery songs have a loop or two in them, but not an actual loop in game. Original sprites no voices chads are godlike, although the Erika parts are great with her voice. suits her well

lamda is great though

Lambda is SHIT
and ill say it with certainty

I didn’t even know there were voices. They weren’t turned on by default. I’m playing the steam version so maybe they aren’t in that one.

Overrated shit

rude

Attached: c3edc510bc668eafdc6951823e1c92b8.jpg (906x1280, 569K)

Every thread until we reach the Golden Land.

Attached: gohda.jpg (1240x336, 86K)

It doesn't qualify as a murder mystery because of the sheer retardation of the answer to the murders, so don't even worry.

TINY FOOD BOMBS

prepare for a shit ending and unresolved inconsistencies 80+ hours from now
if you want feels read some other vn. if you want genuine big brain shit read a real book like geb.

Bern did nothing wrong

Attached: bern.png (482x431, 173K)

get the ps3 patch, it has voices and better sprites

I thought the steam version already had better sprites.

steam sprites are ass, unless you mean the high res OG sprites

What would have been a better ending.

Based George

Attached: No hymen no diamond george.png (1215x845, 1.62M)

What a chad. Why do we hate this delcel again?

Does this game ever give you actual choices that affect the story? I'm not OP, but I am stuck on Episode 1 still since it's so boring that I just had to stop and go do something else. The family intrigue is somewhat interesting, but I want the crazy shit that's supposed to show up NOW.

At least use PS3 sprites.

Because he's fat.

It's true

Attached: george is indeed fat.png (1161x933, 1.12M)

But he isn't. He looks quite athletic in all CGs.

Attached: descarga (6).jpg (300x168, 8K)

Pfft, there's no way anyone, let alone gohda could juggle THREE stakes of purgatory

I don't remember those being in the original game, so they're obviously non-canon. If you're so sure of him not being fat, then say it in a way so that I'll have to accept it as fact.

>give me action and explosions now now NOW
go watch an anime or something

Attached: 1560614014937.png (399x317, 172K)

Attached: D2jS2D4W0AAYmGd.png (640x480, 505K)

seeking attention cat

Attached: 1562559842697.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

I did, but my friend keeps telling me to read this.

How long is umineko compared to higurashi anyways?

Autism

Hey, don't call my friend autistic.

Just read it, maybe they want someone to talk to

Attached: mystery.png (1921x1079, 2.05M)

Don't mind me, just painting this here

Attached: sun circle.jpg (274x275, 28K)

So the witch and the tranny are the same person?

why are Umineko threads so comfy?

Anyone looking forward to Ciconia?

how can one protagonist be so fucking NICE
this guy has a heart the size of mt everest

Attached: batora.png (500x600, 205K)

Lion is a trap

Attached: based gohda.jpg (922x1242, 322K)

when you are that dumb you have to make up for it in other places

Attached: 1562417768053.png (400x400, 95K)

Cucked his grandpa though

And both his cousins.

It's just like a mystery/detective novel. You have to sit through the backstory before the good stuff happens. In this case it's a whole lot of backstory.

Pretty based. I guess it's true what they say about men who cry

Fuck off retard, you're too low IQ to understand Umineko, also the game is like 200 hours long so give up right now

Without love it cannot be seen

Attached: 1560507628292m.jpg (1024x740, 116K)

Woah
Kinzo in the flesh

>Battler started crying again

post umineko bgm

Anyone have a higher res of the painting? I can't seem to find it.

>Without "love" it cannot be seen
FTFY

imgur.com/a/WDAB2

>Russian Bernd
>"opiates"

Wasn't the opioid crisis in the US?

>sex games