I just want a good milsim that authentically portrays the Vietnam war. Why is that so much to ask?

I just want a good milsim that authentically portrays the Vietnam war. Why is that so much to ask?

Attached: rs2.jpg (460x215, 45K)

I thought it was fun

I think it's a good game. I don't think Rising Storm was supposed to be a milsim.

If you think anything currently out there besides Arma counts as a milsim you're a tard

also, play squad

Attached: detracked.webm (1174x660, 2.99M)

So how do I aim exactly in RS2 Vietnam? I mean sighting, should I bother? Or just stick to the 100/250m sighting range and HOPE I'm in range and accuracy doesn't fuck me.

Am I going to run Squad with an i5 4670, GTX 950 and 16 GB of RAM? I thought about getting into Project Reality, but it's dead.

Is Squad playable without a mic or will I just be laughed at? I don't mind being just the squad leader's grunt bitch.

That's because you're a pleb

I hope '83 is just like cold war Squad but without the autism that makes Squad so obnoxious.

It's being made by Tripwire, user. It's going to be late cold war RS2, so more casual run and gun bullshit. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

There's a shooting range on the tutorial map you can play around with. It's not perfect and I'm sure there will be times where it fucks up but it helped me aim down the American weapons at least. God bless the thumper.

Attached: 2352352623727.jpg (600x454, 62K)

it's made by antimatter, tripwire isn't even publishing it. which gives me hope.

Another tactical shooter thread, another squad shill.
And by another shill I mean the exact same faggot posting constantly the same .webms

Should be playable, I can run Squad with a laptop gtx 1050 at medium settings so any semi-recent desktop graphics card should be fine.

Attached: AT-4.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Is there a button you can press to get range without having to call out a target that isn't there?

That .webm makes me want to buy Squad. I'm upgrading to a 1080ti this year anyway.

have you tried Hours of Darkness?

Use your eyes like an actual soldier would.

Highly recommend a 1440p monitor too if you don't have one already. While not a milsim, it gives a serious advantage at spotting enemies on longer ranges.

Attached: bmp2.jpg (3840x2160, 2.05M)

What's going to happen to Squad when the servers shut down? It will happen eventually.

Probably nothing since there's community servers

I've got a 4690k 8gb of ram and a 2060 and I still get tons of stuttering on medium

Theyre all just clanky dumb shooters no different from doom 1993 except worse
Im laughing at you squad fags either way
Arma is the only military simulation game and that doesnt mean it doesnt suck. And It does.
Tismo genre. I dont want to hear your gay voice

>i5 4670, GTX 950
Depends on your resolution, but I wouldn't expect much.
Maybe wait for a free weekend?

Kind of the response I was expecting. I just barely scrape by playing RS2, I guess I'll wait for my 1080.
Is Squad very hard on RAM?

>Arma is the only military simulation game
*laughs in Virtual Battlespace*

Stop being poor.

Why would '83 be anything like Squad? It's just going to be a reskin of RS2 with a few new guns that they're going to sell for full price because TW are Jewish as fuck.

Idk, that's what I'm assuming. Upgrading to a 3700x and 16gb RAM soon. I actually really like squad, I just wish I could play without stuttering

>I just barely scrape by playing RS2
RS2 runs way better than Squad for me, so I think you'll have to wait.
>guess I'll wait for my 1080
I'm not sure that'll make up for your CPU, I would say wait for a free weekend even with your 1080

Got 150 hours in the game best advice is point the gun and shoot I have never touched the sights in the entire time I have played and get plenty kills everygame, just pick the m-16 its the best gun in the game.

The absolute state of squaddies.
Tripwire isn't even involved with '83.
Antimatter are making it all by themselves.

Works fine on my GTX 1060 i5 7600k 16gb ram on 2560x1080, you should probably upgrade your ram or OC your cpu

Okay? Antimatter also made RS2 and it was fucking shit. Why do you expect them to completely change the core gameplay when there are tons of retards that will gladly pay $30-$40 for what equates to an expansion pack in terms of actual content?

When was the last time you played? I'm getting consistent 60+ fps on a setup with much less expensive parts than yours

Attached: yeho.jpg (3840x2160, 3.18M)

It's got to be my ram then

Just a couple days ago. What

RS2 is fine, and they made RS1 which was good.
You're just shilling for your abortion of a milsim that isn't as deep as Arma and isn't as complete as PR.
Not every game needs to be a copy of the product you're paid to promote.
I actually like it but you squaddies derailing tactical shooter threads are insufferable.

Based
Theres not much hope for a turnaround in the games industry with garbage like mordhau selling so much for a shitty flavor of the week ripoff and dumpster fires like r6 siege being as popular as it is

8gb ram... your video card almost has as much ram as your pc

>mordhau selling so much for a shitty flavor of the week ripoff
Seething Chivfag that'll gladly pay full price for Chiv2 on EGS
R6 is garbage, glad we can all agree on this

Vietnam war was a war Americans (whites) lost. It was the first desegregated war for Americans (whites) and that still causes a lot of butt hurt today. That’s why you don’t see a lot of Vietnam war games.

You are somewhat correct in that there haven't been a lot of vietnam games made by american game companies yes, or outside the most normie acceptable genre but there have been more than a few vietnam games.

>the recent class changes
What the fuck were they thinking?
>giving the south m16s in the early war
What kind of crack were they smoking?