Must be all the snoy fags saying this game is garbage on switch...

Must be all the snoy fags saying this game is garbage on switch. It's running great for me in hand held and I've been playing all day.

Dqb2 is a solid 8/9-10 and a must own for a switch fan. And it is WAAAAAY better then the first one (by which I never got past the second part too boring.)

There's one part at a mill and you have to fight off 100 mobs with three npcs. Zero latency or fps drops noticable.

Lots happening on screen. What a bunch of liars.

Attached: dragon-quest-builders-2-cover.cover_300x.jpg (300x489, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tomikojix/status/1131577040417710080
store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0082-CUSA10373_00-ASIA000000000004
store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0082-CUSA10373_00-ASIA000000000003
youtu.be/442cs8TjKlc?t=1820
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>handheld
Try it docked

Snoy's hate that switch has piracy and they don't.
They will claim any switch port runs like shit, even if it has the same framerate or a decent resolution.

I had someone tell my Valkyria Chronicles 4 is terrible on Switch.
It's really not, you have to look at side-by-side comparisons to notice any terrain differences.
Besides that it's just resolution and polish.

Simplistic games like this are going to be fine on any system let's be honest.

I'm sure your eyes have adapted to the many 15fps experiences only available on Nintendo Switch™.

Just got off the boat. Docket performance is shit. Thankfully I planned on playing this in handheld mode with an overclock so all is well

>suddenly 15fps is bad because nintendo is the one doing it
oh snoy

This
>Bloodborne runs at sub 20 fps
>OMG GREATEST GAEM EVAR
>DQB2 runs at sub 30 fps
>HAHA FUCK NINTENDO YOU GUYS SUCK

How about RDR2 running at around 20fps on base PS4.
I still haven't finished that game, I hope they do double-dip like GTAV and release a PC version.
I don't want to buy a 2nd PS4 just so I can get the "pro" experience of a decent framerate.

Docked and handheld work great
As a PC player I am used to 60+ fps.

The 23-30+ I get is perfectly normal for ANY console. But this game is virtually flawless. So far 10+ hours in.

Bunch of snoy bois. Can't believe I listened to you again almost just waited for FE instead.

Attached: 8ad.jpg (720x576, 421K)

did any of you retards know there is a demo to check out performance?

That would require them to own a Switch.

most people pirate switch games so it's pointless

Yeah buy demos are not always truthful to the finished product. So happy I went with my gut.

I hate fanbois. Snoys the worst.

Attached: images.jpg (283x178, 12K)

I don't know, the demo ran pretty decent (aside from the 50 minutes loading screen before it began), which gave me hope. But both here and a few reviews seems to indicate that there's random performance dips and it kinda tanks when there are too many entities on the screen.
This is pretty much the whole reason I've been holding back in buying it. I need to know exactly how bad it gets.

just fucking pirate it you faggot, it's full of DLC anyway

That's my point I have heard the same and have noticed nothing.

Like read Nintendo life review. It very minor. If at all I have seen none of this fps dropping and my screens been really busy!

How did they improve the story mode over 1? I liked 1 and am just curious

Attached: B6C9F2BC-3280-49D5-AD7A-936BE037E50D.jpg (496x399, 56K)

>play smash bros online
>huge latency and horrendous lag spikes in every match
How come there’s no difference yet retards praise smash

Did they fix the combat in 2? By that I mean do you not get damaged anymore for accidentally walking into a troll's ass?

MUCH more story content. Massive changes

Combat is much better no more dmg from touching enemies.

im at the farm island right now and its painfully hand holdy and way too wordy for shit you could figure out if you were five years old. the moments when you are actually playing the game and not clicking through text is fantastic though, and ive had more fun building in the larger settlement space, while combat feels rewarding now that you can level up and get new weapons from it

Does the demo keep progress? I don't want to do all that shit and then have to replay it

yeah you can continue from a demo save

Shiiiiiet I might pick this up then. It nearly drove me crazy in the later chapters because of how much fighting you have to do.

Beat first island., this game is fucking fun.
Lulu starts making river in empty isle but I want to proceed story since my hummer still sucks

Because Smash at its core is a couch multiplayer game and it runs perfectly if you don't use the garbage online.

So what's the multiplayer like for this?

So is not-Vegeta your only companion or can you put together a little party?

Attached: 525px-DQI&II_GameBoy_Art.png (525x400, 372K)

nobody gives a fuck about playing this on the switch unless they just want to lounge around in their bed like a baby in hand holding mode with shitty fps.

i'ma get this baby on ps4 with my girlfriend and have actual fun through a good online network.

yes

Would like to know this too

played it for like 6 hours now, docked and handheld. Overall the performance is good, BUT every now and then the fps tanks for a couple of seconds. I had this happening with tons of stuff on screen and just an empty field. It's very infrequent tho, so it doesn't really take much away from the overall experience.

Look man, there is no conspiracy at play here. Japan has had this game longer and can do comparisons. I really wish I could find this Japanese guy's twitter post but he took the same route through the same area on both systems. And what was like a minute's worth of running the Switch user ended up taking 5 seconds longer due to slow down.

Now I own both the PS4 and the Switch and I would've absolutely loved to have gotten this game for the Switch for the portability but when you play the demo and the game's framerate dips on the tutorial ship from just turning the camera, that's a problem. Not to mention the game slowing down when you're just walking on an empty beach too looking at the sea. I guess it's slightly better undocked but I really couldn't take the chance that it wouldn't be. The performance was actually making my eyes hurt.

That said this game is addictive as hell and I really had a hard time putting it down yesterday. I liked DQB1 but this is on a whole nother level.

As a person who liked to play games on my Switch I hate that this is what it's become. You cannot just purchase a Switch game and expect it to run decently on your console anymore. Instead you have to wait a week to see whether the game is even playable on your piece of shit system.

What went wrong Switchbros?

nintendo puts out shit hardware but tries to make up for it with good software. this has been happenning since the wii, so you are retarded if you didnt expect it

>I really wish I could find this Japanese guy's twitter post
Found it.
twitter.com/tomikojix/status/1131577040417710080

Are you playing from a cartridge or an sd card?
I didn't notice any slowdown so far, i'm playing handheld on an sd card.

i'm at the same point, need to explore islands to find a chicken.

>shit framerate
>must be other company's fault
Yawn, you can tell its eu time

I love the game but why does it run like shit?

Imagine being 30 fucking years old and still being obsessed with console earring. Get psychological help you schizo incel freak

Because the switch is a piece of shit?

>Snoy's hate that switch has piracy and they don't.
This. The PS4 "scene" is fucking dead.

1 ran fine, blame tecmo koei.

Nah senpai I played the demo yesterday and it was running really bad on the Dock, at least up until I left the boat, was running decently on the island, haven't tried portable

>minecraft dragonballs
I think I'll pass.

is this game worth of a buy on the switch or can i just pirate it? i was going to spend my shekels on MUA3 as my monthly switch game but im still thinking about mario maker2/ FE or this.

>haha, they look like Dragonball characters
Funny AND original

>tfw there will never be comfy DQ Builders 2 threads due to console war shitposting

Fuck you all

This. As well as block building games having this stigma ever since Minecraft got really popular. Doesn't even matter that Builders 1&2 have way more going on and are actually feature finished.

Anyone know if you can change your follower out?

No, you're stuck with that bastard.

The Switch performance issues aren't a meme. As you progress further in the game and the town you're building has more and more custom items/blocks in it-- performance degrades.

You don't believe it, that's fine. All FPS issues were reported to be later game and mostly in docked mode because of the resolution bump. The game just isn't well suited for Switch.

yeah i just saw some videos and theres no way im buying this at full price for a game that encourages you to build a big city.
guess i will have to dust off my ps4.

Damn I was hoping I could switch him out with the knight girl that I just found

Is everyone actually homebrewing the switch now? I've been looking at getting one and it seems like it's becoming as accessible as the 3ds was. Thoughts?

Is it really impossible to get the pre-order content from here on? You can't like, pay for it as DLC or something? Is it truly forever impossible to get now?

Yes.

>softlocked myself out of finishing the first island because I somehow broke the altar in the church and didn't pick it up and it vanished forever

WOW I CAN'T WAIT TO RESTART

FUCKING WHY!?!
I was going to buy this game, but now I'll never fucking ever get the full game? Fucking great! Thanks Square Enix! Now I really feel motivated to buy your game!

lol suzy is jobber now

>Snoy's hate that switch has piracy and they don't.
lol what the fuck
>Simplistic games like this are going to be fine on any system let's be honest.
at least you got some sense left

>switch
>decent resolution
pick one

>le snoys are pushing me to buy one switch game instead of another
you guys must be trolling

it’s not the fact that it runs at 30 fps
its that it goes under that frequently

>Builders 1 managed a steady 60 frequently with some occasional drops
>Builders 2 can't even hold 30
These games aren't even a generation apart what the fuck.

Monster Hunter has been in the same boat for over a year now. You eventually just die inside and learn to live with it. Mods are never going to effectively get rid of console war faggotry and anons will never stop autisticly fighting over dumb shit. What can you do?

I love this game so much

Bump

PSA
Make sure you have plenty of free space during the church altar ghost quest on the first island, because if you happen to lose one of the items you cannot progress and will be softlocked
Had to fucking restart

Have you even checked in your bottomless bag?

oh no
not 5 seconds!

Yes, it wasn't in the bag.

You know switch has a demo dqb2? why don't you try it and see how it runs?

for me it runs pretty good

And even with piracy, the Switch version will outsell the PS4 one.

>You don't have a mucky magazine sandwiched between the pages, do you?!
>Muckiness doesn't matter to me! A quick wipe down with a damp cloth and it'll be good as new.

>The only thing offensive here is that dead dog on his chin.

>That's great Builder! By the way, what did you use to make that wormfood?
This fucking writing.

Attached: all smiles.jpg (322x302, 36K)

world isnt shit because it wasnt on nintendo, world is shit because it babies you to the extreme while also not being as good as any of the titles in the last decade

Does the PS4 version run at 60 fps?

yeah and then you have horrible localization of that female soldier. you all know who i mean

Yes! Fucking 5+ second lack for every 1 minute of gameplay. It adds up. Do you realize you'll have wasted hours of gametime by the end of it just walking through sludge because the Switch can't run this game without slowdowns.

>Dqb2 is a solid 8/9-10 and a must own for a switch fan
What does one thing have to do with the other? I'm a Switch fan, not a Dragon Quest fan. Think before you speak

I thought she was funny

All these russeled jimmies.

Snoy bois out in full force.

Game is great erbody here full of bull

I have 20+ games never had any sub par fps on my switch I use sd and carts

Ps4 can't run anything at 60 and has NO GAEMS

>in hand held
Who gives a shit, are your parents using the TV or something?

This would be my first dq game I have one too but it's bland and didn't get my interest

>most people
If Yea Forums was ever actually correct about piracy numbers there wouldn’t be a games industry.

Man why can't we just enjoy the game? I am almost about to finish the 1st map. It fucking took me more than 10 hours long to finish the map.

sums up about 75% of posts on v

I like to think she was put there solely as a fuck you to the people who always complain about accents in the mainline game localizations.

Bump

That actually seems plausible if a bit petty.

If I buy this game now, that is to say without having preordered it. How much am I missing out on and is it really impossible to unlock any other way?
It will probably decide whether or not I purchase the game at all.

Cosmetics, I think some will be available later as paid DLC judging from the Japanese ps store page.

What the fuck is up with Nintendo fags and defending lackluster products they get, while playing victim at the hands of a company that has nothing to do with it.

>Have town of 20 people
>Only build 1 toilet

Attached: 50a[1].jpg (470x595, 47K)

Oh wait no they ended up being free
store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0082-CUSA10373_00-ASIA000000000004
store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0082-CUSA10373_00-ASIA000000000003

I want it but I missed the preorder window by like 6 minutes so I refuse to buy it out of lacking those preorder bonuses.

>Town becomes a world superpower by 2020

unfortunately the worldbabs will never realize or accept this since they're all newcomers to the series that only played it because it came out on the no games niggerstation.

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET 250 CROPS BROS

SEETHING

Attached: nintendo rage MHW.png (2380x1190, 1.22M)

The pink exploding things drop seeds when you block them in, there are lots of them toward the dock
Also some enemies drop seeds
Find the secret basement in the church, there are a fuckload of pumpkin seeds in one of the chests

i know that you're being ironic, but, its on pc and ive played it

it sucks

in fact i didn't even get a switch until after i had played it.

Dock and church, thanks
I've scoured the entire map and am like 40 seeds off

>Snoyggers literally seething eternally
Sasuga snoybois

Supreme cope

So eventually I'll be able to get everything anyway?
Then I might actually buy it.

You're talking about a localisation staff, the only people more petty than them is us.

Builders 1 was designed a generation behind the times so it could maintain 30FPS on the Vita.
Builders 2 isn't being designed for the Vita.

Man, water tiles behave really illogical sometimes.

I sincerely hope there isn't a söynigger behind that comment

Legitimately if you felt the demo ran fine, then it should be fine for you. The demo was bad enough for me personally to get it on my PS4 instead, so if that's not the line for you, you'll do just fine.

why would docked run worse
that makes no sense

Consolefags are so pathetic dick measuring for corporations like owning a certain console is a life achievement

>If you pick up an item that exists in your bag, it automatically goes to your bag instead of infesting your toolbar
Games this sexy need to be bought twice.

Attached: Laius Approval Grin Dungeon Meshi.png (590x700, 266K)

Sounds like I will get it

I might actually double dip for this if it ever comes out on the PC.

>recently become fan of Dragon Quest because of Builders 1
>Builders 2 comes out, 11 comes out on Switch, and Hero gets in Smash
It's pretty good, DQbros

Attached: DQB2.png (1448x1848, 2.52M)

>As well as block building games having this stigma ever since Minecraft got really popular.
You do realize that the reason why Builders 1 got made was because Yuji Horii is a huge westaboo and wanted to introduce his new favorite game Minecraft to the Japanese, right?

The Switch runs shit at a lower resolution in handheld mode so it tends to be more stable. If I got through XBC2 in handheld mode I think I can handle this just fine.

Make stealth treads
Only use stuff from the game and outsider would have no idea about
>MH
Use a LBG icon
>Builders
Just use a slime and have it say “Blocks your path”

Yeah I do get that. My context was more that it could be difficult to have more comfy topic threads about this game on Yea Forums due to console wars and anons entering the threads just to complain about it being a "shitty minecraft ripoff" because the genre is somehow inherently bad.

Brittany is great and a typical Gal experience. If you think for a second her Japanese text isn't full of Japanese millennial memes, you're retarded.

This
If anything I’m gonna go buy it now and I’m not playing.
See ya in about 25 minutes

Devs are weird
Like BOTW ran in handheld better than docked

:O

Attached: 22.jpg (810x1440, 82K)

Wait till you make a town, you can't go all out and make it look noce without the fps dropping.

>Taking a picture of yourself buying a game making a meme face for all of your secret club friends
I'm not even going to insult you, I just think you should really reorganize your life priorities.

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-140228_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 789K)

I would throw in brushing yo teef/tongue too mang.

Is there any reason to play builders 1 before 2?

I might pirate it on the switch to see just how bad it is but at this point Im just waiting for a PC port.

Nigger I played the switch demo and I'm playing the ps4 version right now. You are deluded. Performance is terrible on switch.

Literally the only reason is because Builders 2 just plain improves on Builders 1 in every way, so there might be some retro-shock if you decide to go back to it.

That's it.

>wanna get this badly
>just bought Mario Maker 2
>and CTR the week before that
>and have WoW classic next month
I just like spending money because I'm a fucking moron.

You're cute user

Post town/architecture inspo, Yea Forums. I'm building like a trog.

Attached: 1423927188394.jpg (146x144, 4K)

Physical versions come with codes.

It took me 20 fucking hours just to finish that first map.

Just build a penis made of soil on top of Dragon Lord's castle, that will show those monsters

The story connects, DQ 2's Goku came from Cantlin from DQ 1.

FUCK GHOSTS

Are they back in 2?

It's funny how much both the build games dab on minecraft.

What did it for you? For me it's the NPCs walking around, using your buildings, helping you defend, etc. Meanwhile the villagers in minecraft, as much as I try to save them and build them a nice place, fall into random ravines and die or just outright disappear.

literally all the block building games shit on minecraft.
its pathetic when you look at the stuff you can do in terraria and then look at how little minecraft changed since prealpha.

sorry about your autism bro

Does anyone know if you can rename the animals you befriend?

Square up nibba!

Attached: spoiler.png (267x390, 200K)

youtu.be/442cs8TjKlc?t=1820
Average 'tendr0n3
>all nintendo games are amazing because it's NINTENDO

stinky tendie cope and seethy

Will definitely pick this up on the switch. I might just sell my PS4 honestly and wait to play Death Stranding on the PS5 or PC.

I felt the fps was low, but it didn't bother me that much.

Then I decided to check the noticeboard and visit some user generated castle. I promise it was 5 fps, or less. What the fuck?

Too much shit and effects on screen and over a shitty online network.

Can I let Malroth kill Lulu?

>It's running great for me in hand held
Why do Switch fags always lie? The game looks and runs like shit. Just because you are used to playing shit at 20FPS, doesnt mean it isnt an issue.

>They will claim any switch port runs like shit, even if it has the same framerate or a decent resolution.
Most games on the Switch do run and look like shit. What the fuck are you talking about? Even PS2 ports have issues.

>Oh okay I'll take this retards word for it and check
>Video has tons of frame drops, even from moving too fast in some areas, some constantly 20FPS
>Turns out it does run like shit even with all the downgrades

Who would have guessed Switch fanboys are lying faggots that take every opportunity to make the shit console look good? Everyone should know by now the Switch has downgrades on top of performance issues for most of its library.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-13_13-57-45.png (1030x649, 1.41M)

This, legit this.
It's all like a clown show of Switchlets that want SOMETHING to praise about the shit console and fishing for anything. It's all a circle jerk of fanboys that don't even play games outside of shit that lands on Nintendo.

This is quite literally a rule breaking thread, and still perpetuates Switch fanboys as the worst fanbase on this board.

COPE
Switch runs at 60 FPS all the time. Even next gen games like DOOM run great! Gyro controls!

Attached: d44m.webm (1066x600, 2.8M)

I hate this stupid fucking board.

The Capcom ports have issues regardless of what console you play them on.

It doesn't help that Capcom galaxy brained the ports by porting the ports to the Switch.

>The Capcom ports
*Most* ports and even first party games have issues.

Attached: 2 (2).png (853x477, 881K)

I was narrowing down the "ps2 games" comment.

And the worst thing is that you can still be deceived by all the braindead faggots like OP with no fucking standards whatsoever being "happy" about shitty sub 30 fps/sub hd games and screaming everywhere that the Switch version is "great" or some dumb shit like that.

>install it on the system memory because it's tiny enough
>initial load takes ages
>the loading animation starts lagging
>finally get into the game
>the fan on the switch starts spinning loud enough that i can hear it
Good first impressions are pretty good

>snoy snoy snoy snoy

Nincels are getting more and more obsessed.

>game with high end graphics vs a minecraft mod.

Same

>Nintendöys butthurt the game drops to single digits FPS constantly, has slowdowns and overall runs like shit.
>But Snoyny!

You guys ok? Seek help

Attached: B2BDE333-02BE-4CD2-BA01-D9249055AC8C.jpg (1024x763, 101K)

WOW SUCH A GREAT THREAD WITH LOTS OF DISCUSSION OF THE V I D E O G A M E
NOT A CONSOLE WAR SHITPOST IN SIGHT WOOOOOOOOOW

I've been playing it on switch the last couple of days.
it often struggles to keep stable frame rate it dips rather frequently. It's certainly playable but people aren't lying you're just a idiot for not noticing.

Why would you come to Yea Forums and not expect shitposting
What the fuck dude?

Are you clinically retarded?

Believe it or not, there are threads here with quality video game discussion. Just not DQ Builders 2 though.

Why did you even bother opening this thread considering OP's abhorrent post?

Literally just watched a friend play it docked and the framedrops were jawdroppingly bad

I only come here for the occasional late night thread since the underage shitposters are asleep

Am I supposed to get the recipe to make the planting poles for tomatoes from somewhere?

Attached: YI2QdHBEeCY.jpg (778x813, 161K)

Just take the ones you find in the wild for now, once you grow some you'll get the recipe.

How the fuck is it taking longer to load on a cart than on a ps4 harddrive. What a terrible port.

It isn't just bound to the type of storage you have, also need a CPU strong enough that can decompress and transfer all the data, polygons and textures from the storage to the video memory of the console at the fastest time possible.
guess what the switch lacks

Like in the box?

Ok, so the second explorer shore there's two blue flowers, one grows on the mountain and the other is more a teal/bluegeeen and I can't seem to find it. I need to fill this checklist, I need mah free cords

Can't wait until the new DQM gets a release date a BTFO Pokémon

Can't help you there, got all the materials but don't remember where, plus they're randomized.
i'm struggling with the first explorer's island, can't seem to find an acorn.

bump

You're assuming it'd get localized.

Here's hoping that DQ getting in smash makes people curious enough to check DQXI and make the nips realize it can be profitable to market the franchise in the west.

I made it through this whole area playing docked on Switch without any noticeable drops, idk. Maybe I am blind though.

Also someone teach me to make a roof ffs

Attached: XftuyvI.jpg (1280x720, 278K)

Acorns are always on the giant bark trees. Just look up

Is there any chance of docked mode getting patched?

I've seen some slowdown happening from time to time, but for the most part it runs perfectly fine, even during the big battles with a million enemies and allies duking it out.
Anyway, why is the game so fun? I wish it was a bit less handholdy, but I can't stop playing anyway.

Just make a 4 blocks tall building, then put a ladder on the outside to climb up easily so you can put the roof tiles. The flat ones are pretty finicky, you may want to put a normal block first, then put the flat tile over it as a guide, after that you can just put the rest easily.

>he builds roofs

Attached: 1476805262653.jpg (300x300, 53K)

>he lets his townsfolk to get wet when it rains

user... I..

some of these online islands are fucking mindblowing

Attached: hnMzZMR.jpg (1280x720, 318K)

the first game ran perfectly fine without a single fps issue. there is no reason why a sequel using the same quality assets and engine should suddenly run significantly worse. its not the hardware, there was a development decision to allow the game to be made like this.

>GameXplain
Isn't that the autistic retard who went full reeee about Mario Maker 2?

Is that possible?

Don't have the game yet, so I can't tell you where, but there's a flute that will locate items later on so you can complete your lists.