Reminder that he’s Mormon

Reminder that he’s Mormon

Attached: 1098D69A-5483-4332-BE82-66707F999C25.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=89FWDRkdtv0
youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Petersen
twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/statuses/439983104665473024
twitter.com/ThatTomHall/status/440012925067988992
5years.doomworld.com/doombible/doombible.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=lObjlst2o3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you sure about that?

no

Reminder that he's manlet.

Attached: 20190710061411_1.jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

Hes also a virgin, loves animals, refused to shoot innocent people, great dancer and a decent cook

In the doom bible it's mentioned that doom guy is catholic

and proud homosexual too

Elaborate

>great dancer and a decent cook
Huh?

hes not gay because homosexuality is a sin

why does this design feel so sexual?

because you're gay

He was converted Mormon in the novels from catholic

You are attracted to men

Niice. We shall have Deseret one day!

The muscly arms and the tight black spandex around his crotch reason give me feelings

Nigger, the novels are incredibly non canon.

That was one of the side characters (Albert Gallatin). Fly, doom guy in the novels, was never mentioned of being mormon.

Fag.

so is the doom bible yet you're still citing that

THE MORMON JESUS!

No one is citing that,

I like Doomguys being Mormon. It fits with Doomguys being a pretty nice guy that goes completely berserk against demons are around

I’m not citing that. I don’t think Doomguy is religious if he’s going to be fighting an angel in Eternal, and one of them, supposedly the Seraphim, is telling him to back off or else he’ll unleash the heaven’s wrath.

youtube.com/watch?v=89FWDRkdtv0

youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

That'd explain why he went to hell.

Reminder that the DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people.

Attached: DE.jpg (460x215, 79K)

Fucking microtransactions.

Attached: 7CC00D7E-8843-44ED-8398-A0D9CB50C6EA.jpg (650x764, 81K)

you're retarded, hayden is huge

Cope, midge.

He’s half the man he used to be.

>Hayden avoided his death by transferring parts of his brain into a 3-meter tall mechanical body.

Mormon girls really are special

Attached: c4549d8cee498564d601cd9b9184cfa4f5fe20a08ad70a8a2998677a5b9fb5d9_1[1].jpg (1024x1620, 155K)

Attached: dV4x7Yj[1].png (1500x1689, 2.26M)

He doesn’t return her calls.

Hayden is like 10 feet tall. Anyone would be a manlet compared to him

Broad shoulders, exposed biceps, trim waist, stout figure, and form-fitting design.

It's a barbarian sort of sexuality infused with the inherent sexuality in a uniform/"usefulness" based attire.
Just kind of funny that for a mute protagonist intended to be sexless, that Doomguy exudes more overt sexuality than every drama-ridden crybaby in modern games here to exposition about their romantic non-history.

He's Jewish now though?

What do you mean now? He’s Doomguy, the descendant of Wolf3D BJ, and OG Commander Keen.

BJ wasn't jewish originally, he was simply Polish. He's 100% Jewish now and so is Doomguy

Thankfully it's been stated that MachineGames' timeline of BJ is completely unrelated to the original canon.

Imagine being considered less relevant than something Raven Software comes out with. How embarrassing.

I don't know about Doomguy himself, but I like the idea.

One of Doom's main game designers *was* Mormon though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Petersen

Citation needed

BJ being jewish wasn't from machinegames
twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/statuses/439983104665473024
twitter.com/ThatTomHall/status/440012925067988992

BJ is canonically Jewish

Sounds like a based guy.

Not him, but that seems dumb. I thought the whole point was that he was a manly Aryan white dude AKA someone the Nazis would love but he still fought against them anyway because it was the right thing to do.

Now he's just a Jewish dude fighting back against people trying to kill him. It's less interesting that way because of course you're going to fight back in that situation.

>those awful few minutes where you're forced to stand there and listen to hayden drive exposition into your skull before you can continue like you're playing half life 2 or something
what were they thinking

>he was a manly Aryan white dude
Nope 100% Ashkenazi now

There were also the weird ass non-canon books where the demons aren't demons but aliens resembling them for some farcical reason, and the third book introduced a Mormon sniper as if being Mormon was a defining trait for him.

Why are overexaggerating? He's always been intended to be half-jewish, not full-jew, and he's never been portrayed as full-jew. Not even in The New Cucklossus.

>There were also the weird ass non-canon books where the demons aren't demons but aliens resembling them for some farcical reason
Probably just some weak-ass attempt to avoid getting pulled off shelves.

No wait, second book, my bad.

That’s not how that works. Look, Wolf3D BJ was the son of two Polish immigrants in Milwaukee. He has a son named Arthur after killing Hitler in WW2. Arthur has a son that he named after his father, and changed the family name to Blaze, making his son Billy Blaze. Billy Blaze grows up after the events of the original Commander Keen games, and has Doomguy as a son. Then the events of Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 64 take place, which end in Doomguy sealing himself in Hell to continue to hunt down demons for all of eternity. After that, he gets a new suit from a demon known as the wretch, found by the Knight Sentinels, and gets trapped in a tomb by demons. Finally, the UAC from the same universe as The New Order find Doomguy, and take his tomb back to their dimension.

Attached: 694B4F47-2A56-4828-9486-513AB754F05B.jpg (918x2500, 188K)

It's to make up for the exposition gap left from the beginning of the game. Everyone remembers how "cool and throwback" the cold opening is, but forget all of the annoying unskippable story bullshit

It's because none of them played up to that point.

Now you’re bullshiting. His father, Rip, is an American, and his mother, Zofia, is a Jew. That would make him a half Jew in the Machinegames universe.

Even the new BJ looks like he came straight out of a Nazi propaganda poster depicting the "perfect" white man. It's hard to believe this wasn't intentional, but I guess it wasn't and he was always just a Jewish guy acting in self-defence.

Tom Hall himself literally said he intended BJ to have a jewish mom.

Pretty sure the joke is that despite looking like the perfect aryan specimen, he's actually a jewish mutt.

Should have told the character designers then. I'm not saying he should be some ugly /pol/ caricature or anything, but Jewish people(just like Whites, Blacks and Asians) do have certain shared traits and BJ doesn't look anything like them.

It'd be like claiming Barrett from FF7 was intended to be Asian despite clearly being created as a black person.

That's Tom Hall, though.
Tom Hall talks a lot of shit.

Reminder that Cacodemons have psychic abilities but are too stupid to use them for anything else but floating and turning their stomach acid into the blue shit they shoot at you.

Attached: Cacodemon.png (588x854, 531K)

You ever wonder if Hayden ever had sexual urges while in his transference robot? Like he'd forcibly rape his secretaries in front of everyone and no one would challenge him since he can rip their heads off with two fingers and have their families literally sent to hell.

>provides no proof

kek

Thank fuck.
Fuck all Archviles.

Attached: hitting you with those gay nigger thoughts.png (158x200, 20K)

Cute little arms.

What’s with this stupid new lore about Doomguy having a son?

Doomguy doesn't have a son user.

It's people thinking Doomguy = the betrayer which sold out the Night Sentinels to revive his son. However there are a few things they get wrong
>Doomguy met the Night Sentinels when they were already in hell, AFTER the betrayal
>The son got turned into the Icon of Sin, BEFORE Doomguy ever stepped a foot into hell

hey you remember how this part was a big fucking long forced unskippable cutscene that broke up the pace of the game, and how this game had a ton of aggravating unskippable time waster moments like this that makes replaying the game miserable?

because i sure do

Doomguy doesnt have a son in the new lore
There is one guy mentioned in the 2016 logs called "the betrayer" who had a dead son and sold his world to hell to resurrect him. Some people say the betrayer is actually doom guy, but it just sounds stupid and there is literally zero proof.

What people been talking about lately is that Doomguy is supposed to be the son of Commander Keen according to old lore, and now they are making a new commander keen game featuring the twin children of the original Commander Keen, which implies one of the kids is actually doomguy in his youth

it's really not that bad, calm down

He doesn’t. That’s the Betrayer, a former Knight Sentinel who sold out his men and his planet, Argent D’nur, to get his captured son back from the demons, only to find out that his son was already turned into the Icon of Sin from Doom 2, and all his men died as a result of his treachery. This is something that doesn’t match Doomguy’s personality at all.

>a ton
It has like 2 of those and they last less than 6 minutes total.
Go bitch about Max Payne 3 if you want to see an otherwise great game ruined by cutscenes.

But the new mobile Commander Keen game takes place in the Machinegames timeline.

Hell must have some weird time travel magic.

it's not as bad as other shooters, sure, but in a game as fast paced as doom, it sticks out like a fucking sore thumb, especially when i can go and boot up the old doom games and not have to deal with that shit

>It has like 2 of those and they last less than 6 minutes total.
yeah it's not too bad at first, but when you go back to replay the game it adds up and is annoying as fuck, and no, there aren't just two, there's tons of "timewaster" moments in the game that break up its flow even if they aren't explicitly in-game cutscenes
>Go bitch about Max Payne 3 if you want to see an otherwise great game ruined by cutscenes.
i haven't played MP3, but at least the max payne games have an actual narrative--do i really need to be pulled aside every time i play that level and told "john you must fight the demons" in a doom game?

What games are in the machine games timeline?

The new commander keen game is in a very very weird spot trying to connect the new machinegames Wolfenstein continuity, and the DOOM 2016 continuity with is supposedly a sequel to the original Doom story.
There are picture in commander keen wall in low res from the 90's, but also images from nu-BJ and his daughters.
Also commander keen continuity doesnt make sense if the nazi ruled for several decades

Hell doesn't have a static timeline, Doomguy has been killing demons in the past, present, and future continuities inside of the hairball that is hell. - Doom Testaments

OOF

Wolfenstein The New Order, The Old Blood, The New Colossus, and Youngblood.

doom 64

-had some weird designs.

Attached: 03569461-F3A2-41CE-9240-0086CF027812.png (500x396, 31K)

That's actually a cool concept (psychics that are low intellect), most depictions of psychics are equal or super-intelligent beings.

It's assumed that Doomguy/slayer traveled back in time when the martians were still alive and were being invaded by Hell. That would explain who the Martian Champion was when the martian hell gates were sealed with the soul cube the first time around.

Attached: DoomguySoulCube.jpg (368x584, 45K)

Never understood why new sprites were necessary, they looked cheap.

FPS traditionally have your view centered in the chest so your gun appears directed towards the crosshair, eye level pov is a little off putting.

And the Soul Cube being in Doom 2016 makes sense, because it went back to Hell after Doom 3, so the UAC from Doom 2016 just found it and brought it back.

They look cheap because the original sprites from Doom 1 and 2 were photoscanned clay models made by a special effects artist, the newer ones were low poly 3D models tweaked with MS paint.

>Doom 64 Pain Elementals
>"oh haha i'll just get up in their face like alway-"

Attached: 1369991822032.jpg (191x271, 28K)

Attached: 2DECDB0A-3662-4A19-93EB-80A7A5AEF724.jpg (1280x1600, 433K)

>Sacrifice an entire advanced civilization to save real space universe
>Successfully seal hell 2 times in a row
>Finally can rest in peac-
>Get picked up by some robotic cripple cunt
>Spend the rest of eternity as a paper weight on a desk while you watch another hell portal invade another dimension.

Damn, life sure suck for the Soul Cube.

just tab out for a bit if its really that painful, or go grab a snack i dont know
personally i appreciated the light story they added to the game, the universe is interesting and im excited to learn more about it and explore it in eternal

Even weirder when Doom64 models exist.

Attached: doom64.jpg (1280x1274, 101K)

Attached: 7F5CB1DA-04C8-47C6-9647-442E943983FD.jpg (640x614, 23K)

My main question is that if Doomguy can travel within hell's time continuum, where the fuck did these medieval warrior guys come from? Their remains+weapons are all over the place in Kadinghir's Sanctum

(Only images i could find of their weapons, i need to get in Doom again and screenshot em)

Attached: 20170819124430_1.jpg (1000x563, 196K)

Attached: 20170816211228_1.jpg (1000x563, 166K)

Fucking bizarre.

You know if the old Doom movie just had demons and not some dumb science monsters plot, it would've been pretty great. As it is I still like it. Karl Urban has the perfect face for Doomguy, as proven when he went on to be Dredd.

Attached: a71647c743f0411d177640548fcecf2d--karl-urban-superwholock.jpg (532x800, 75K)

season pass =/ microtransactions

They must’ve gotten absorbed into Hell too.

>virgin
Didn't he have a family in Doom 2?

They can't be Night Sentinels because their weapons are too primitive for them and can't be the hell minions since they've only started using weapons after the UAC began augmenting the demons recently. Is it possible that there were dark crusades against hell during the medieval ages?

The manual just states that he's on vacation when everything goes to shit and he has to save humanity's last starport because UAC marine competence lmao.

You just know they’re going to release them later as microtransactions. And besides, season passes are still shitty.

>They were making super monsters/humans by adding chromosomes to human DNA

Fucking Uwe Boll, man. Ever game movie he touched was utter shit. He has the Shite-das Touch.

Boll didn’t make the Doom Movie.

Doom wasn't Uwe Bool.

Doom movie was by the director of Cradle 2: The Grave. Just some polish guy.

Attached: MV5BMTY0NTE1MDgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjQ0MDg5._V1_.jpg (336x500, 31K)

its probably just small cosmetic shit so who actually cares

I call bull. Only a Catholic could go on a crusade the likes he has.

You know if the old Doom movie just had demons and not some dumb science monsters plot, it would've been pretty great.
That, and using the BFG to actually kill something would've been nice

It’s literally confirmed that the season pass is going to contain additional campaigns as DLC.

i meant the so called microtransactions

So if he kills all of heaven and hell I guess he is an atheist eventually. Not sure he would care either way, he is basically video game John Wick, except it was a rabbit instead of a dog.

I forgot what part it was, but I got the impression it went Doom 1 to Doom 2 and then he goes interdimentional joins up with that templar group deal for who knows how many ages and then from there Doom 2016 starts up. It would explain why in the Doom Eternal they fear him as some sort of legendary boogieman.

It's an Imperial Meter though.

Like Aliens, but with demons?

Doom 64, the sequel to Doom 2, involves Doomguy locking himself in Hell to make sure no more demons invade again.

Is there any point in worshipping God when it's clear he doesn't give a flying fuck about humanity and just lets demons massacre humans over and over again?

Angels don’t seem to care that much either.
>What you interfere with now is bigger than you can imagine. If you continue, you will bring down the Heavens' wrath. It is written: it is their time to give penance. You are but one man. They are no longer your people to save.

Reminder that OP's a Moron

And a Mormon.

Straight from Id's own mouth.

Attached: qc daisy.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Attached: 1ED05AF5-D7A3-43C6-83A2-6AE1A6C678A9.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Why are Mormon characters so BadAss?

Attached: gem-ryan-guerrero-joshua5.jpg (1200x1600, 424K)

>heavily armed Doomguy
>isn't blue
Seems like a missed opportunity.

You can always change the color scheme.

> a giant savage hyper violent homosexual demon killer

Goodbye my prostate

Not on the legendary skins

Damn.

and a Virgin. It's canon.

How can you manage to misunderstand novels that were written for a 6th grade reading level? Seriously, how?

And a furry

is he a manlet? In the Eternal gameplay he was shorter than the guard he took the plasma rifle from, perhaps his permanent sperg out is manlet rage

He’s 6 Foot in Q3 Arena.

The guard s name was simply Lanklet Anderson

What about Hdoom?

Just a wet dream.

No.

He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels. And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... THE DOOM SLAYER.

Attached: D-El58aWsAA6nt0.jpg (1200x492, 101K)

what's wrong with that? extra content released a while after release can be great, just look at the old hunters
also that not microtransactions, see the word "micro"?

I think they like him.

>a few unskippable exposition dump cutscenes like that Hayden room
>sometimes you are locked in the first room of the level for a minute to listen to Hayden explaining you what buttons you are going to press and why
>opening every fucking door is a cutscene
>it often cuts off earlier part of the level so you have to replay mission if you want to look for secrets
>have to watch fucking glory kills every single time
>implying Doom Boi can't just grab some demoniggers by the balls and smash him against his head while jumping around and shooting
>many challenges require glory kills
>many challenges may be fucked up by glory kills because you just stagger a bunch of enemies while you need to kill multiple demoniggers with one shot
>pace of combat gets fucked up by the shitty progression system because instead of just killing enemies you're trying to stack them for a good shot or dance around them to perform fucking "death from above" or "right lower leg glory kill"

Attached: 1519334721410.jpg (693x694, 106K)

I think I like the look of Eternal Doomslayer better without the shoulder cannon and armblade

Attached: 76u62grzqaf11.png (626x1076, 456K)

Wrong, he's Quaker

Attached: HUUH.png (360x360, 2K)

OFFICIAL Doom Guy designs ranking:
Q3 Doom Fella > D3 Flashlight Lad > Eternal Boi > OG Doom Guy > Master "Doom Slayer" Chief > literal shit > Quake Champions skins

Attached: Quake_Live_-_Doomguy_%285%29.jpg (185x158, 7K)

Attached: 1B965098-BBD3-4BC2-9A12-58A6F2EF28AF.jpg (3364x1536, 1.01M)

>dark crusades against hell during the medieval ages
that would make for a godly spinoff

Attached: 1509156030556.png (1257x576, 693K)

Don't forget Doom 64 Marine!
It belongs at the bottom of the list.

Attached: Marine64.jpg (180x489, 15K)

Attached: 1464150067844.png (905x442, 53K)

I personally think the second from the left is the perfect mix of old Doom style and new design skills

Sadly, we already know how it ends.

That would be Arena Guy.

Even a doomed crusade is fun if you go out in style.

>Objective: Take as many of the bastards down with you as you can

"arena" QC skin is sick remake of q3a doomguy, which was itself a sick remake of OG doomguy. I don't understand why they added a 'doomguy' skin to QC as it just looks like a retarded child-drawn version of the 'arena' skin.

I just played through the game and didn't worry about challenges. I had gotten plenty by accident and the only upgrades you really need are the Health, Armor and Ammo ones which you don't even get from challenges. And glory kills give a moment of contemplation to prep your next kil while also providing sweet i-frames to avoid projectiles if you time them right. Honestly, I think you need to get good

They were thinking "EVERYONE LOVED THAT" considering the news from Eternal seems to be that they'll do more of these.
Those fucking retards.

>The son got turned into the Icon of Sin, BEFORE Doomguy ever stepped a foot into hell
Really? I figured the wretch mentioned to have made the Doomslayer armor was the son revived as a demon.

I'm a fan of the Doom 3 marine design, the lack of a visor or gloves gives it a weird otherworldly design.
Champions loses both of that and just makes it look like a fan reskin or something.

Attached: UACmarine.JPG.jpg (482x527, 32K)

its a megatransaction

Attached: 4948C6BE-C8B4-4E05-9163-8FC6C6A70140.jpg (2048x1152, 363K)

You sound like you want to get fucked roughly while wearing girl clothes

I had to fully upgrade all weapons and runes to satisfly my autismo.

Attached: 1560625157781.jpg (960x960, 74K)

>Cyborg snake demons with an attitude
I'm okay with this.

Attached: 9A3D37A7-E41C-43B3-9EEA-1E9517312E94.jpg (588x668, 50K)

Be honest, does the latest direction for Eternal bother you?
After E3 I lost all my hype. It looks like they lost their balance between tongue-in-cheek, like starting the game with rip and tear and acknowledging community jokes and having the end credits be the toy doomguy, and setting up a serious and interesting world.
It'd be like after Doom 1 we got Serious Sam 2. Much more cartoony, trying to force jokes every where, giant glowing arcade-like pickups, etc.
The first reveal for Eternal was perfect. Why did they change it?

Attached: Doom HUD differences.jpg (1722x969, 905K)

SS2 was a legitimately good game.

im probably going to have fun no matter what so not really. as long as there's all the same core pieces that make the game fun and it doesn't depart too far from what Doom itself is
also this. bu ti'd never want Doom to be SS

I thought it was to make you feel deliberately angry that you're stuck in a room not murdering demons and forced to listen to a robot talk about plot in a half life style of cutscene

I hope one of the glory kills on those snake guys is grabbing them by the tail and swinging them around before smashing them into the ground.

Attached: 1420851808731.gif (250x250, 3M)

I've already resigned myself to the tonal shift being as jarring as Diablo 2 to Diablo 3.
Doom 64 was Diablo 1 for this analogy.

They’re called Whiplashes, so that would be ironic.

The numbers on the boost & blood punch meter seem unnecessary. From the footage shown, you can't have more than one charged melee stored at a time, and the boost meter already distinctly shows you how many you have left. I don't care for the chainsaw being a quick action instead of a weapon you can switch to either.
Other than that, I think the HUD looks fine.

>I'm a fan of the Doom 3 marine design, the lack of a visor or gloves gives it a weird otherworldly design.
Patrician taste. Doom 3 aesthetics are absolute kino.
>marines' armor
>scary as shit Pinky
>Hellknight so intimidating that they kept his design even in Eternal which mostly recreates original look of the monsters
>bulky machinegun with weird magazine placement
>90% metallic interiors with lots of pipes and greeble combined with amazing lighting
>comfy (after claustrophobic interiors) rusty Mars surface

Attached: Birdie.jpg (399x480, 31K)

It’s still possible for it to go through changes.

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't what I or most people wanted out of Serious Sam. Same goes for Doom and Eternal. The entire design seems to have sifted to that cheap looking design you see in every mobile game.

Hugo and Martin have already come out in defense of it so I doubt they'll back off.

So it's confirmed he plays Basketball then I guess? Why do mormons love basketball so much? Every time I see them not going door to door they're playing basketball.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

I'm not happy with the new UI at all, old one looked just fine

Attached: 1538193881924.jpg (1024x862, 97K)

Good thing there’s always the option to turn the HUD off.

you probably have ADHD, also have sex

It would be really amazing if they keep all Doom games canon within same universe/multiverse. And all Quakes and Wolfensteins on top of that.

Attached: 1521434043391.jpg (200x210, 4K)

>Be honest, does the latest direction for Eternal bother you?
The UI doesn't bother me too much, but I wish they'd just use the Megasphere for the 1UP.

Attached: 1457026870706.png (400x359, 167K)

The Doomguy skin is a near 1:1 recreation of the original cover art.

Attached: doom cover.jpg (800x600, 441K)

>Other than that, I think the HUD looks fine.
I honestly don't get how some people are okay with it. Doom '16 did a great job with its HUD, fir the theme, slight tilt to give the impression of being inside the helmet, all information is easily readable.
Eternal has every corner glowing in a different color, makes it more difficult to read, it's just plastered on top of the screen instead of fitting into the world, it's like my eyes want to focus on the demons but instead they keep darting to the corners just because it's a bright light.
So my only options are have information or no information at all? Hell, they are clearly going back to original designs with enemies and weapons, why not bring back the original HUD?

Attached: 1534711923261.png (312x568, 240K)

its not furry if its female anthro daisy you dunce

>slight tilt to give the impression of being inside the helmet
I don't care.
>all information is easily readable.
It still is.

>but I wish they'd just use the Megasphere for the 1UP
I was wondering what was wrong with the 1UPs but could never figure out what

Attached: YO...TSU...BA...jpg (712x667, 222K)

I want Doomguy to be my boyfriend.

Attached: I can be your daisy.jpg (1280x1801, 344K)

Theyre trying to reclaim it from the niggers

>It still is.
Look at the ammo count and notice how the number blends into the glow from the weapon underneath. The lack of anything more opaque underneath the relevant information makes it more difficult to read things.

Doomguy is cute
CUTE!

>fighting demons from christian hell
>mormon

Nigger, all they did between trailers is just made the HUD brighter and showed orange location with action instead of grey with cutscenes.
I've got no problem with it being over the top because that's what NuuM already was besides some lazy attempts to build up tension with old hag being one step ahead doing her evil shit early on.
Also, I suppose that first 1/3 of the game is going to be full rip and tearing, fanservice, references, cheesy "badass" shit while the rest of the game will be dedicated to id's autistic worldbuilding and it'll shift from same old demons invading Earth/Mars to epic sci-fantasy.
1-up thing is stupid though.

Attached: 1560708280578.png (662x633, 743K)

The same thing happened in Doom 4.

Attached: 20190713072544_1.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

>The Doomguy skin is a near 1:1 recreation of the original cover art.
But with retarded proportions of chinese bootleg action figure and derpy helmet.

SEETHING sub 9' manlet.

Check patolog TV on YT to not miss any. I'm like you (and I fucking loved D44M)
(Yes even the GK and the "cutscenes")

Devs said that they don't give a shit about making HUD looking cool or immersive, they want it to be as functional as possible, and if smooth gameplay comes at a cost of arcadey look they are totally fine with it.
I think that's pretty based.

Attached: 1561426870652.png (500x594, 278K)

Looks fine to me.
>WAAAAAAAAAH IT'S ALL DIFFERENT COLORS
Autism.

That's an overhaul to the HUD, not just make it brighter.
Which could've been improved instead of letting a problem stay the same. I'm not saying that the HUD for D44M was perfect or something, just that it was miles ahead of Eternal's. Doom was always colorful but it wasn't this. It just looks like what'd you see in the AppStore with someone ripping off Doom under the name DooD.

>just that it was miles ahead of Eternal's
It has the same problems you complain about for Eternal, with invisible crosshairs on some weapons.

>implying Doom Boi can't just grab some demoniggers by the balls and smash him against his head while jumping around and shooting
I need to see this

source required

I looks ugly and cluttered, they could've used 2016's hud again and no one would've complained.
I'm still looking forward to the game though, the actual gameplay still looks great and losing all your hype over a shitty hud is autism unless it's completely nonfunctional jrpg hud tier trash.

Attached: Loads_Shotgun.jpg (960x544, 94K)

What’s your favorite weapon or weapon mod you want to try out, and why?

5years.doomworld.com/doombible/doombible.pdf

The Doom bible didn't even concern itself with the nameless marine, you lying fuck, it was 4 playable characters that got famously reused for ROTT.

>Favorite weapon
Super shotgun
>Mod you want to try out, and why?
I want to try out the crucible sword thing, I'm hoping it's not just like the chainsaw and gives you a glory kill and some ammo.
The rotating barrels on the new combat shotgun looks good and the energy blast on the plasma rifle actually looks useful now so I'm excited to try those.

Looks like they were going for something like you would see in a 90's snes sci-fi game. It's a neat idea, but unfortunately they were too overzealous with the borders and it comes off looking like a cheap mobile phone game.

Attached: Operation%20Logic%20Bomb%20(U)[1].png (256x224, 13K)

>Dragons in Doom
Hello there, have you preordered Doom Eternal?

Attached: rod broward.jpg (1500x1714, 563K)

Good choices. I’m personally a fan of of the new Plasma Gun. It think I saw some of the enemies explode and damage other enemies when they died from it, so that could be interesting. And the Microwave Beam mod is something that I really want to try out.

I hope that they'll allow full hud customization.

Maybe. They said that mod support was a long term goal.

Doomguy is legit a good boyfriend material
>strong moral compass
>protective
>strong
>not bad looking
>sensitive (sperged out after his pet rabbit got killed)
he is the kind of guy who would take you on a chill date to some non snobby looking place and then he will tell you he had great fun, gave you a kiss to the forehead and you would think you want to spend entire night in his strong arms

that's what Carmack said

Attached: doomguy.jpg (300x300, 9K)

>mod support was a long term goal
I want to believe that but I cant really see it happening.

works wonder desu

Attached: 1560172425968.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

t. subhuman failure mad at blacks

Orks from WH40k are basically the ultimate version of this concept.

2 for me

youtube.com/watch?v=lObjlst2o3c

That cut between gameplay and doomguy operating the control panel is really weird to me for some reason.

mormon jesus

Proud reminder that doom guy is BJ Blaskowitz's grandson and therefore Jewish.

Attached: 4L_pbQcoCQO.jpg (1080x1350, 245K)

OH, MY

Attached: we-cant-expect-god-to-do-all-the-work-32711771.png (500x856, 191K)

not really, anne wasn't jewish at it's maternal

The sounds were so fucking bad. Like holy shit.

I hate his sleeveless look, but I agree with the other stuff, armblade feels "meh" since he used to fucking punch and tear shit with his bare hands before.

The novel isn't canon.
He MIGHT be Catholic tho, not confirmed tho.
That's not proven yet, for all we know the angels could be false/fallen angels that somehow managed to regain their wings, either that or a transformed Hayden with robo-pseudo angels. Also the voice sounds more like it's begging Doomguy to not cause the angels to interfere, might be the Wretch who is still a demon despite having sided with the good guys, so maybe he's afraid of being one of the casualties. I have a feeling the trailer is giving a lot of red herrings, which keeps things interesting imo.

Imagine Doom but with Skyrim modding.
>all demons are dickgirls
>Doom Guy is now Doom Futa
>her tits and cock occupy half of the screen
>glory kills replaced with glory rape
>UAC weapons covered in anime tiddies
>Hell weapons are covered in lewd sculptures
>the Hell itself is filled with massive statues of demon whores with horse cocks

Attached: 1523354128016.jpg (225x225, 13K)