Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?

Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?

Attached: Swkotor2_2014-12-31_17-05-12-24.png (669x678, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk
reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/12ezbq/kotor_ii_character_building/
nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/1060?tab=logs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

old hypocrite woman bad

What playthrough would Kreia support the most? Dark side Exile that listens to her advice and spares the Jedi Masters?

No. where the light saber bitch some shit going down and if you don’t plan on leaving this room give me it!

Attached: D2AF4345-8806-4882-8FEC-0806BFE2DAEF.jpg (1280x1556, 452K)

You do know the SW general is up, right?

They only talk about TOR there. That's how all those /vg/ generals work, they only talk about MMOs and gachas

any-sided jedi that follows her advice and spares the jedi masters

Being DS on the whole is bad. Be manipulative and agree with her but otherwise help individuals, at least so long as they put in the basic effort to try helping themselves first. Spare the Masters naturally and offer to spare her at the end.

You can start discussion about other games whenever you want. Or do you want someone else to do it for you?

And it might get a couple posts. But threads like these always have a better chance of success on Yea Forums than /vg/.

Well I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but I guess I'll keep this plasma cutter.

Dark side on Onderon is the better decision though. The planet maintains its independence and culture and grows stronger and all it costs is the eradication of the Jedi Masters.
>you can start discussion about other games whenever you want
so how about here and now then

Attached: the king of spain.jpg (342x358, 29K)

To do what? Repeat the same exact posts every single time?

Welcome to Yea Forums

...oh yeah

Attached: doctor.png (635x354, 403K)

>Dark side on Onderon is the better decision though.
Vaklu being a complete fuccboi aside, what's more important to you: making Kreia happy or disappointing her?

But user. She's always disappointed

>not only caring about the opinions of the only important member of the pa ty

Attached: A0668499-7F30-4223-9B72-4FBA51931AD2.jpg (524x824, 93K)

>He disappointed Kreia
If you had a single net influence loss then you have failed your playthrough

Not if you're not a fuccboi too.

Unlock all his dialogue on minimum influence. HK is intuitive but the basic matrix of his personality is misguided; narcissistic and hedonistic.

No, user. I'm winning.

Kreia views the force as a living creature that willingly manipulates the lives of men. The only bad part about kreia is that she never stops to consider WHY the force manipulates its subjects(what does the force want)

She does, she even clearly says she does. She despises it because it costs the lives of millions in a vain effort to construct an arbitrary balance between sides, which only the Force cares about and appears to have no practical impact save but to continually plunge the galaxy into punishing wars once a decade or two.

The same premise is basically why the Rule of Two is the apex of Sith strategy: not because it was brilliant, but because it was fucking retarded. The Sith entered a cheat code into the Force. Go so fully retarded with your ideology that the Force thinks you're both winning and losing at the same time and never lets your order collapse, but also never reveals it or forces a war to make you stronger.

I played through as someone who genuinely didn’t give a shit what happened to the jedi hell didn’t even care enough to get revenge on the old masters, basically just a doomer. HK kind of work with that as the immediate violent answer to 99% of problems my character couldn’t be fucked to resolve in any other way. The galaxy is burning after all the droid is just adding a little more fire to the flame.

Has anyone ever fucked up more in the history of star wars? shes responsible for 2 genocides, her students betrayed her and drained her powers, and every single one of her plans was a failure.

That's fair, and if you're roleplaying it just as someone who doesn't give a fuck HK is a good call. He also has really good and impactful dialogue about the past. But he doesn't really conclude anything at the end of his explanations, it's more just a retelling. Kreia and, surprisingly for how stupid he is, Hanharr are two of the better DS-aligned companions when it comes to their dialogue and what they tell you as a player. Of course I think Disciple and T3-M4 are more important than Hanharr when it comes to dialogue for the story, though.

The Whills do some pretty dumb shit on a regular basis, Qui-Gon thought a random gungan and a dumb kid should tag a long, both wound up Instrumental in the rise of the empire and all its shit, and Sifo-Dyas thought a clone army was a good idea.

I didn’t even go for dark side I went for apathy actually wound up slightly light-side at the end. I interpreted the story as no one asked me if I actually wanted to go on this title adventure to revive a cult I didn’t care about any more. So I just coasted along since most planets lock you in them for one reason or another so it was a decent enough reason to not just take my droids and fuck off.

Man, reading about how Lucas wrote Star Wars is a wild trip. It's a shame he ruined it.

Is Chris Avellone just this based? Who else do I thank for KOTOR II? Surely it isn’t just hom

it's just one thread. not exactly like it needs a general.

It is basically just him. Every game he is the head writer and designer for turns out fantastic, like Planescape: Torment. Its a big reason Obsidian has turned to shit since his departure.

Sorry I am VERY drunk. I meant him. That is sad if true, surely he has some apprentice that is worth following? This game probably has my favorite story of all time and Kreia is the best SW character of all time in my book imho.

Josh Sawyer is probably the person Chris has worked longest with... ever. He'd be the closest to someone who Chris's style could rub off on, and while it's clear Sawyer respected his ability and he's said as much himself, I don't even know if I've seen Sawyer talk about Chris positively in a personal light. Their interpersonal relationship might not have been very strong.

The very early drafts of Star Wars and I think the first novelization are fascinating to read. Really interesting stuff like the empire had been rather benevolent and around for thousands of years and had hundreds of emperors with the one during the movies being a puppet controlled by military industrialist and Vader was just some dude in a space suit that wasn’t supposed to have any real importance. A lot of it is pretty obvious what would latter be reworked in the prequels

You also may be interested in Star Wars was saved in the edit for just what a shit show the original cut of Star Wars was like IE unfuckwatchable

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk

What's a good build for a first play through of Kotor 2?

Attached: KotORII_Class.png (800x600, 405K)

It’s all pretty viable any short comings can be covered by party members

It's daily

Sentinel with 14 INT or so. Make sure to get good Repair, Computer Use and Security. Awareness is also a really good stat to have. Dialogue in K2 is unlocked via skills so you should try to have a decent amount of points in every skill. Since Sentinel only lacks two class skills it may just be worth spending feats to get them so you can put points into everything.

Make sure to use TSLRCM. And ignore Kaevee, it was some retarded modder's wank fantasy and never should've been restored.

reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/12ezbq/kotor_ii_character_building/

>Luke is the only person who notices a star destroyer going ape shit.
>because you know tatooine is such a fucking interesting planet to live on why would you ever look at the sky

Holy fuck you are annoying you fucking shill, you keep asking in that in every SWKOTOR thread, nobody cares about your little swtor numale general retard, there's a reason why it's dying. Everyone in there is unfunny and mentally ill.

Attached: 57297999_1972833609495067_5368294492937571876_n.jpg (1080x1349, 130K)

Just take the Persuade BVLL pill, game is pretty easy. You practically can't mess up as long as you don't intentionally pick dumb shit, it's easy to understand what synergizes with what. Play it by yourself ignore the guides.

Kaevee wouldn't be so bad if they got someone decent to voice her. Both TSLRP and TSLRCM fucked up real bad in that regard

Canon is female (any race, but technically Caucasian), light side (spare the Masters, spare Kreia), Sentinel/Master, single cyan blade.

>Everyone in there is unfunny and mentally ill.
And we are different how?

what is she breathing? and why isn't my entire party sucked out into space?

Attached: bit cold innit.png (1015x760, 1.25M)

>Please stop posting actual video game discussions on my video game board please

Through the force, all things are possible.

force

There was a single line just before you kool-aid through the bulkhead where they described the ship's shield generator just barely maintaining an atmosphere around the ship.

>linking to reddit

Attached: 1559895637532.gif (500x452, 987K)

I'm starting kotor and want to play scout knight need help with the build

Yeah I just noticed that, but couldn't they put a glowy purple field or something there instead of just empty space

I love how shield generators are the most useless shit in star wars until they need to make fucking magic happen.

One where you do what you want because YOU wanted to do it.

>need help
No you don't, both games are piss easy. Just pick what you want.

The one where you try to not be a Jedi or a Sith.

Literally don't level up until you become a jedi and breeze through the game

>But he doesn't really conclude anything at the end of his explanations, it's more just a retelling.
Pondering on the meanings of actions is not HK's job.

You would say the same of Hanharr. Hanharr is even stupider, and arguably more murderous. But he manages to have some unique insight into you that's unsettling, and comes from his own experience.

Dual pistol gunslinger. I'm serious, it's not only viable in 2 but overpowered and a lot of fun.

neutral guns only mandalorian playthrough
if she has a problem with you tell her to fuck off

The difference is HK is not actually dumb, his programming just gives him extreme tunnel vision in his thought process. But he is clearly intelligent, unlike his 51 successors.

Even the knockoffs are smart enough to pull of some shit they just tunnel vision harder and lack the “experience” for lack of a better term 47 has.

When you get 20 repair so you can break gear down into components with 100% efficiency to craft the top tier weapon mods, and find two micro-pulse blasters, you can shit out absolutely devastating firepower.

When you say canon do you mean ToR?

The exile being female was established way before TOR

I don't think that would've looked good. A glowing field would dominate the entire exterior with its lighting and hue and would weaken the feeling of a dead ship that should be falling apart but somehow isn't. It's a visual representation of Nihilus' immense power, single-handedly keeping the ship on the dividing line between life and death, while also signalling the nature of his undeath and what its end result will be. The void of space barely not sucking you out is a perfect reflection of his endless hunger and how it sustains life only to consume it.

What does Hanharr say? I've never done a full dark playthrough.

That's alright then. I reject any of the rewriting those hacks have done.

It's still kinda weird, though. It was established on a visual dictonary for the series' droids. Another account also established that the Handmaiden travelled with the female Exile, which can't happen unless you install mods

Attached: 1537272381985.jpg (2550x3260, 1.58M)

His own personal story is interesting enough, but that background of his gives him some insight about why you behaved as you did at Malachor. He's actually the one who first figures out that you cut yourself off from the Force out of fear.

All the dialogue he has is really well-written, but there's also a scene you get with Kreia if you have him in your party where you can discuss lessons of strength with her. That's also one of the best Kreia conversations, so I typically tend to take Hanharr even when I'm playing LS so I can get it.

Who greenlit that writing? If it's not Avellone then I guess I still don't care. He defined those characters so well. Anything he hasn't written or OK'd is not relevant as far as I'm concerned.

Why don't any of the light side actions during the dark side ending give you good boy points? I just wanna unfuck my face a little before the end. My exile is "evil" because it's what he judged to be the best option, he's not a cackling wrinkly Palpatine wannabe.

Canonicity back in the old EU days was a fucking mess. They hired a chink to make sure everything fit together and even then it was still incredibly convoluted

I absolutely adore the first Star Wars because of it's shitshow production and the fact that it came out as good as it did.
My favorite part of production is the fact that the first ILM team basically was high and made like three shots of exploding TIE fighters through the entire year of production.

That's one thing I never understood about the KOTOR games. All the characters' dialogue (even the "evil" ones) are so often brilliantly written, mature and worldly, but for some reason the player character has the attitude of a brain-damaged cartoon villain.

>Player is attacked by npc

>"I do not want to fight you, but I will if necessary"
>"You're making a mistake"
>"Muhuahahaa fear me weakling I am the dark lord and my blade thirsts for blood"

Attached: 12746466.png (500x425, 241K)

Light Side that is willing to use unsavoury methods to get the job done, but has limits

If Kreia knew you were playing solely for her approval, you'd better believe she'd disapprove

>that pic
Jesus Christ. Does anyone has those threads archived? They were the most fun I ever had in this shithouse.

Attached: 1380372729997.jpg (1280x960, 406K)

I think they died, or something

I went full darkside and killed all the Jedi masters and Kreia had a massive boner for me at the end. I was a success somehow

There's no good HD texture back for 2 is there?
I wanna play again.

You guys made me play this game againand I enjoyed it

I just wish the gameplay didn't suck ass. Why couldn't they copypaste Jedi Academy's combat?

I'm using this right now and it's pretty great.
nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/1060?tab=logs
Uses that fancy new neural upscaling. It isn't perfect though and misses out on a few textures and doesn't have fixed shaders where they're needed, like the droids. There's also an upscaled Ebon Hawk exterior but nobody seems to have gotten around to the map textures yet.

Because it's a totally different genre of game, dude. You couldn't do a proper intricate D&D style RPG like they wanted to make with JK's frenetic, unbalanced combat.

Even then I'm sure you can make a heavily dice roll based game more entertaining than what we got.

Yep

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Bioware isn't known for their slick combat, or their slick anything really. The game is essentially DnD in space with glorified aesthetics. Consider for a moment how little world building and deep characterization there was in the JK series. Ultimately it's a matter of priorities. Obsidian made an unfinished game because they were more ambitious that the funding and dead lines allowed for.

Attached: It's Force.png (1156x768, 555K)

Attached: 1059-1562402009-14064737.png (1920x1080, 3.04M)

rip in peace vandar

>people actually tried to curry favor with this old cunt

Is the Thrawn trilogy a good read?

Yes, though you need to bear in mind it was written before the prequels.
The duology isn't unless you already know a lot about the EU before it

>Security

but you have party members for that, or are you gonna tell me that I've been unaware for nearly 15 years about there being dialogue options relating to it?

Not ruined as much the sequels did.

Yeah, you, you fucking corpse.

Hey how about I specc you for two handed fighting with these nice early levels we got?

I put 1 point in security and that's enough to open literally everything except one fucking bin that's a DC 52 and needs T3 or Atton to open

The prequels are almost as bad as the sequels. They made more sense plot wise but the characters and dialogue were even flatter. The core of the story had so much potential but instead the focus if shifted on that stupid romance. Not to mention introducing the concept of Jedis as super soldiers who can defeat entire armies by merely twirling their lightsabers. It's almost a parody of the original trilogy.

Who here /JediJesus/

Yes, and it does a wonderful job expanding the pre-sequel canon. Jedi are much more terrifying and mysterious in an Old Testament God sort of way. The Clone Wars of that era was a dark, colder conflict where individuals were systematically replaced by insane dopplegangers with twisted, unnatural force abilities, meant to further reinforce that duality of man that the original trilogy set forth. It was all very intriguing. Zahn even wrote a short spinoff story that revealed that Luke Skywalker himself had been secretly killed and replaced with a clone controlled by Thrawn way way early in the extended canon, which had some really dark implications for the canon up to that point. Very good, would recommend.

Attached: latest-1.jpg (596x1292, 305K)

evil dad jesus is best exile

Attached: my child.png (1136x902, 693K)

*AHEM*

FUCK JEDI
FUCK SITH
FUCK THE FORCE
FUCK DROIDS
and last but not least DO NOT FUCK THE MIRALUKA

Attached: Kreia_.png (332x332, 119K)

>longing statement: i wish i was killing meatbags right now
>sentimental assertion: revan always let me kill the meatbags
>observation: the relative air humidity is two standard deviations higher than my recommended operating conditions
>complaint: my feet are rusting
>longing query: i wonder what revan is doing right now

Attached: IMG_20190713_073214.jpg (640x748, 209K)

>HK50

Thanks, will start now.

I'm going to dick your daughter and you can't stop me.

>stop you
No, that's her goal, user.

Already have her. Why do I need someone else?

Attached: oI8eJmtqgh.jpg (579x579, 61K)

Every single time. Every. Single. Time.

>try dark side run
>feel guilty and stop

I failed you Kreia I'm sorry