RETROARCH ON STEAM

Bros...

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-13 012916.png (973x826, 477K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/34900/RetroArch
store.steampowered.com/app/1118310/RetroArch/
copyright.nova.edu/mickey-public-domain/
steamcommunity.com/app/1118310/discussions/0/1643168364652926643/
docs.libretro.com/
github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WTF BROS YOU TOLD ME PIRACY WAS DEAD

What is this

What's the point
So you can expand your e-peen by showing all your internet friends what retro games you're playing?

Just install the regular DRM-free version.

Attached: 1c8.jpg (640x645, 61K)

explain this to a dumb layman like me please

store.steampowered.com/app/34900/RetroArch
IT'S REAL

lol, op is a fa-
store.steampowered.com/app/1118310/RetroArch/

Attached: 1562916011569.jpg (600x611, 45K)

What the fuck? Won't this get Valve into even more trouble?

oh shit it actually is real
i got double played

Nothing wrong with emulation software

Despite Nintendo trying to claim otherwise, emulation is not illegal.

tesr

seems like a honeypot since everyone will come running to the forums to ask for links to the good rom sites only for them to be reported and shut down for real this time since the workarounds will also be posted.

>normies will end up getting popular rom sites shutdown
>meanwhile the good ones will carry on as usual
whats the problem here?

Hdd with full romset is ready

can't shut down archive.org
dmca exemption baybee

emulation and everithing reverse engeneering related isn't illegal
spreading online dumped roms is
you could use an emulator 100% legally to make homebrews and sell them

You're fucking retarded, faggot. The exemption lets them archive, not distribute. Read the fucking exemption page, idiot.

I can't wait for it to get removed.

Pointless unless you're using a shitty OS that doesn't have a package manager by default.

RetroArch is a front end and the steam version doesn't come with any core. Let me explain for you dumb niggers:

Steam by itself is a front end. Its a program that links multiple games, so you can launch them from the same place. Otherwise you would need to have dozens of icons in your desktop, or you would need to access the file folder directly and open the .exe for every single game. Steam streamlines the experience.

Retroarch is the same thing. It doesn't actually come with any emulator (called cores), it serves so you download emulators, link them to retroarch, and now you can launch games from multiple consoles from the same place. Although having a front end to a front end (steam on top of retroarch) is very redundant.
So there isnt anything on steam thats even remotely illegal.
And emulators themselves arent illegal either. Only distribution of roms or bios.

But this isn't a emulator no? Just some fancy launcher for emulators?

roms of games not on sale anymore should be legal to distribute

actually yes
you canb download cored from retroarch itself

Why does RetroArch feel like they need be on Steam?

attention, maybe?

So what exactly is the point of this being on Steam?

>ITT: 200IQ pirates

More recognition, to become the de facto standard of emulation.
So every programmer and their moms would make cores instead.

this

fuck megacorps and the mangled corpse of a copyright system they try to force on us. I'm not paying triple digits for a niche game just because it didn't sell enough units at launch.

Well then. Now that this shit is on steam what other meme programs do you want to get dragged into the storefront as well?

Fuck that, Retroarch literally just compiles code from other devs and puts it into their own launcher.
They're nothing but hacks.

mspaint

I agree with you but thats not the point of the thread even.

Bonzi Buddy

hopefully the copyright laws will improve in the future to allow exceptions for historical purposes or whatever the fuck. it's not like, what with licenses and shit, 100% of games released on older consoles will EVER be re-released on console makers online stores, so might as well allow interested people to pirate it
it was just a side mention
I just want them to track time played in non-steam games

>hopefully the copyright laws will improve in the future
didn't megacorps just appealed on copyright to extend their licenses and usage after creator's death?

Disney does that every 10 or so years.
In fact disney corporation pretty much wrote the copyright laws of the US through lobbying and bribery for the last 70 years or so. All so Mickey doesnt ever fall in public domain, no matter how much different media they affect.
Im not joking.

So what? Just use the regular version or don't use it at all.
It being on Steam is just more anti physical, pro paying for a download propaganda
>Valve charges for downloads which comes with many negatives and is the single largest cancer on gaming
>but make sure to pirate these games that have actual physical copies available.

Attached: the only acceptable answer2.png (991x356, 19K)

>getting butthurt over people pirating old ass games instead of over-paying for used copies
I don't understand your kind, do you also browse on pcsx2 forums?

>Valve charges for downloads
yea bro because servers are free :D:D:D:D:D

LaunchBox

>So you can expand your e-peen by showing all your internet friends what retro games you're playing?
Pretty much. If Retroarch is sold on Steam, I will buy it exactly for that reason, and there's nothing wrong about it.

Emulation is great, but it doesn't extend my e-penis.

Attached: 099.png (615x933, 146K)

based

Piracy needs to be completely legalized for consumers and the rest of IP law needs some major fixing too or just done away with completely. We were denied the superior TV, SED, because of a lawsuit, by the time it was over they didn't sell it because LCD was already out for a few years and they didn't think people would be willing to pay twice as much for a new type of TV even if it is superior.
I don't use Steam and I don't pay for downloads. File explorer is plenty.

They are adding Steam exclusive features in the future.

you can already show your steam """friends""" you're using retroarch though

Like what?
Cloud saves?
That'd be cool i guess, but it'd be real fucking shitty if they locked out actual features.

So why is an emulation tool allowed on steam again?

Attached: 1562564731300.jpg (598x749, 39K)

Libre office.

Which files I need to make a backup of to stop worrying about rebinding gamepad buttons for consoles/systems or particular games? This has happened before with Retroarch, it overwrote all my button rebinds and I lost hours of setting everything up.

Attached: caly blady.jpg (437x431, 28K)

I doubt it is, just Valve hasn't taken notice yet.

Attached: 1532061416344.gif (200x200, 8K)

It doesn't accumulate hours, and it doesn't show on your profile.

jesus man are you 12?
who the fuck cares about that shit.

People like this nigger are the reason I stopped using Steam forever. The moment Steam became Facebook is the moment I gave up on it.

Sandboxie

I only buy games to show that I own them. Owning a game in my steam library is more satisfying than actually playing it.

Unironically go see a therapist.
You seem like a real miserable cunt.

They all are. And you can believe he's telling the truth, because these are the same niggers dumping hundreds if not thousands just to level up on Steam with cards from games they've never played. Valve encourages these sorts of whales, and this is why Valve is cancer.

Let it go, man.

not him, but, if not for accumulated hours I would exclusive pirate games.

I still exclusively pirate games on consoles because I don't know anyone who plays on them.

Thanks to a clause that allows the indefinite extension of trademarks related to corporate image, aka mascots, Mickey might already be protected for all of eternity; which would probably mean that Disney will stop or atleast relax their lobbying.
copyright.nova.edu/mickey-public-domain/

I wonder if Workshop support will be possible. That'd allow even mega retards to use RetroArch

I can 100% tell you, that no one gives a fuck how long you play a game beyond beating it the first time.
No one is going to your profile and impressed you have 20k hours on CSGO.
In fact, i'm more inclined to like somebody if their taste in games is varied, and they have normal hours in a dozen games vs insane hours in 1-2.
Also just like no one gives a fuck about gamerscore or trophies anymore, no one gives a fuck about your steam level.

steamcommunity.com/app/1118310/discussions/0/1643168364652926643/
We are softlaunching RetroArch on Steam two weeks from now.

* It will be free. No DRM, no restrictions.
* Expect a barebones release at first that is basically identical to the version you are able to download on our website. Once the initial release is done, we can start catering to Steam's advanced features.
* We want to release on Windows first and then in the upcoming weeks expand to Linux and Mac as well.
* While RetroArch is in its barebones state, there will be no Steamworks SDK usage of any kind.

Whoa, now I can run a launcher to run a launcher to run a game instead of just run a launcher to run a game.

>tfw launching Launchbox through Steam through Big Box

Attached: windows.png (1920x1080, 1.14M)

>Help my PS1 game crashes on startup!
>Beetle core broken!
>How do I run PS1 on this?
Can't wait for forums full of people unaware of bios.

>play old games through emulation
>user is playing "Totally Legit Sega Genesis game with less than 50 copies issued"
>some faggots start lecturing me why piracy is bad
It's more possible than what you think especially if you add random people as friends.

I probably have the most varied taste on this shit board, and I certainly don't like CS:GO

post your profile then, attention whore.
I know you've been baiting me to ask it anyway.

also my steam level is very low because I mostly play old shite and don't give a fuck about the meta games

of course no one cares about that shit for others you massive retard. It's about doing it for yourself

nah.

>launching Launchbox through Big Picture through Big Box to open RetroArch through Steam

Attached: 1550922322347.gif (249x183, 191K)

And of course everything in a virtual machine.

Am I the only one that read it as RET ROACH?

Yes because you're blind and didn't see the last R

yes

Gamer culture not even once.

Attached: KeA_Bannings_-_Screenshot_1_%28Sen_IV%29.jpg (480x480, 48K)

whatever media program is popular these days so everyone will know whenever I'm watching anime

What is retroarch exactly?

Imagine an emulator, on which you can select and add plugins. But in it's case, each plugin will make it run a different kind of system, with everything managing to be done in a single easy to use environment.

That's pretty much what retroarch is, in the eyes of a casual, is a "emulator that can run everything and even your grandma can learn how to use", even though technically speaking it is not an emulator, but a front end.

Attached: 1560097206486.png (630x720, 545K)

I don't rightly know, friend. Do you happen to know what Google and Wikipedia are though by the way?

Holy shit, just back up the config and autoconfig directories who dense are you? You asked this in the other thread as well. Also, this site is your friend now say hi docs.libretro.com/

for a company like valve they basically are

Also might want to use this in the future if you're having such trouble updating.

github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases

I don't even know in what other scenario you would be losing your controller binds. Maybe you installed it into Program Files (x86) on Windows and are not running with administrator rights if shit doesn't save. I dunno what you're doing over there. Anyway, back up you install before updating.

>looking to download a proper citra build to run DeSu2
>come across retroarch in a forum thread and check it out
>See it on steam as well
>Oh well who cares
>Download and start playing while "OMG RETROARCH IS ON STEAM!" threads explode on Yea Forums
I dont get it. Its an emulator. An empty frame that can run the code of several different emulators, in fact. Why is this one so special-because it's on steam?

It isn't. People just flock to these threads because of how bizarre this situation is.

whats the point of retroarch if im already perfectly ok with using separate emulators?

Attached: 1560281838328.jpg (292x370, 24K)

it IS DRM free

do you emulate MAME with retroarch? which core are you using?

user, LibreOffice is better off not having a furry OC or a autistic looking pinguin as a mascot. It wouldn't look professional

license key pls

Krita looks professional though.

Well they aren't illegal content, see SCEA vs Bleem!

They will likely add steam multiplayer stuff into netplay so you can invite friends.

I hope every emulator dev switches to just making a retroarch core desu, means they can have more time to just work purely on the emulator rather than having to work on their own GUI since that's the best way to popularize their emu.

convenience

GOG Galaxy on Steam when?

uplay on steam when
oh wait that's how it already works

MAME is about the only core that I 100% would say you SHOULDN'T use in RA.

Valve is going to get sued for this.

Wrong, but please, make yourself look like a moron further.

Man born yesterday voices an uneducated opinion: the rerun.

They're purposely allowing illegal activites on their platform. Nintendo is about to make some big bucks.

Yes, and Cemu devs are done for this time!

I doubt this has the steam drm on it

Emulation isn't illegal, if you buy a game and then copy your own version to your computer it is perfectly fine, unless nintendo pays the journos the big bucks to pressure valve to remove it nothing is going to change