Starbound

What went wrong with this game?

Attached: 1558797845295.jpg (480x360, 29K)

I think the animals look kinda dumb but it's a fun, comfy game. I wish the game was more open from the very start but doesn't take that long to get open.

You'd be better off asking what didn't.

Attached: 81b.png (1280x704, 334K)

lazy developers

Attached: 1551806177388.png (894x1070, 129K)

Why is there such an influx of threads about this irrelevant game?

They had 13,000 fucking USD donation money and they couldn't find an above average programmer?

Change of pace from /smash/ general and other nintendie generals.

It's what happens when you have nothing but artists working on a game instead of people with any actual technical coding skills. It promised too much and never really made good on that.
They changed the game early on and that put people off. I'd say personally my problems with it are in combat and general movement. The game feels slow and floaty. Combat has much more to it than Terraria, but it's so much slower and with so little weight to it. And just walking around is slow, even on enormous planets your character still has this high floaty jump. I'm sure the game is passable and those problems don't bother everyone though.

Was listening to Synthwave mix when I suddenly remembered Chucklefuck made this, so decided to see if any Yea Forumsirgins remember anything from this game and if it's still bad or not. It's been like 7 years since beta right?

Attached: 1560439877175.jpg (698x618, 147K)

>Combat has much more to it than Terraria
Agreed with everything said but this. The combat feels like shit, and adding one extra shitty utility to every weapon didn't help that.

>combat has much more to it than Terraria
Is this suppose to be bait? Maybe it's everything being tied to the stupid fucking energy bar or lack of interesting arsenal of weapons of Terraria or enemies don't react all to damage with knockback.

"Hey! Listen to all this cool shit we're going to add to the game!
>Makes a shitload of money off Stardew Valley
"Lol nevermind, fuck that gay space game

How much longer till their Stardew Valley and RoR money dries up? I seriously want Chucklefuck to die.

They'll try to milk WarGroove and get that AdvancedWar fanboy money.

>combat has much more to it than terraria

Attached: 1500934696236.jpg (376x419, 52K)

No, I agree the combat is shit. But if everything worked right, it has more mechanically going on for combat. Being able to block and parry, having weapon skills. It's more than Terraria's hold down the LMB. But it all feels like shit, cause yeah, it has no weight and the energy bar revamp.

Give me the rundown on sexbound. What positions are in it and what holes can I use? Do NPCs react to people fucking or do they just ignore it?

Why even focus on close combat in a fucking space game anyway? It's not even sensible weapons like with the Surge where everything is connected to a rigged exosuit it's fucking regular swords and spears, with no work onto guns whatsoever having unique ammo types or even legendary effects.

Art is better than the janky mod.

Attached: 1551797527781.png (585x419, 43K)

Summer sale soda meme, and the 1.4 update finally dropped like 2 years after they announced it last month.

Like all chucklefuck games, it's exceedingly easy to hack and fuck up the multiplayer experience entirely. God i hate that shit, same with Cuckthesda, why have fucking console commands available without modification? That is the most lazy shit

What's wrong with easy console commands?

It lacks the soul of pic related.

Attached: 1562650812365.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

Terraria is good, but it doesn't have soul

>implying
Sasuga, bad bait.

Attached: 1562613838860.jpg (3159x2647, 1.13M)

>everything I disagree with is bait
Terraria is soulless and anyone who played a game with actual soul before would know.

Bro, you just posted cringe.

Attached: 1555885718708m.jpg (1024x553, 99K)

Nice buzzword, buddy. How about you list a game with soul instead of spamming Terraria screenshots that lack it.

Terraria. How about you make like Etika and jump off a bridge head first you fucking faggot.

Attached: aqDwv3M.png (2139x1262, 3.1M)

>Etika
Who? I don't follow ecelebs

Attached: minecratf.png (1920x1080, 1022K)

>What went wrong with this game?
The answer hasn't changed. The developers are what went wrong.

It just feels like they forgot to deactivate the console command button. It's so fucking dumb having a built in action replay that doeant feel like it's meant to be there