Based

Based
Fuck game collectors

Attached: emulation.png (861x441, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

zoomers really can't use their own brains can they

>defending literal theft
Yikes.

>actually caring what people on youtube of all the sites on the internet think about anything at all

Emulation will become the only way to play certain titles due to hardware failure / short supply and legal limbos that make licenses legally unobtainable.

That said, meanwhile abandonware is dying and no one is doing nothing about it. No one is bothering to host or preserve abandonware titles.

>5 years ago
Jesus Christ, OP. Let it go ffs.

"""Theft"""

>emulating games that are no longer even in print
>a bad thing

Just spend money on classic drm free gaming.

drm free gaming = immortal games.

More money people spend on classic drm free games the more companies will upload their games from their libraries.

Collecting things is a mental illness

>Show less
Does that mean he was being sarcastic? I don't understand.

Youtube comments are one rung below this trashfire of a board in terms of overall IQ, which at that point in the scale goes into the negatives.

>stealing something that's not for sale anymore and there's an unlimited amount of

What if they own the cart, but not the system?

That’s not even the point this dude is making. He’s talking about games that may be literally impossible to find and aren’t even in production anymore. The only people that would be mad are fucking baby boomers who think this some how undercuts the resell value of their nonfunctional copy of Mario or some shit

Piracy has never been theft

average bait

Name one game from 2012 onwards you feel proud of owning, like
>holy shit I'm glad I have this collectible trinket on my shelf, I wonder how rare it's going to be in 50 years
Hard mode: absolutely no japanese or european titles.

>stealing something that's not for sale anymore
Wow, great argument, really made you look like a retard.
>and there's an unlimited amount of
No there's not, that's like saying there's an unlimited number of cars on the planet, digital data still takes resources to store, transfer and create.

I've never met anyone who actively hates emulation. Some people who emulate are total faggots but emulation itself is fine unless you're doing some competition thing where modding might be possible.

I dont buy games to be proud of owning them.

I have them to play and enjoy them.

Emulators are the eventual endgame for playing these games, but right now consoles are still easily available, and pretty much everything has a flashcart.

Right now, I'd say the only real candidate for emulation is the PS1. Emulation for it is actually good now, and with real consoles, you have to deal with failing lasers and dithering issues on certain models. The convenience of playing on PC outweighs the 0.1% inaccuracy.

With most other emulators, this isn't really the case. Even if SNES emulation is cycle accurate now, running a SNES is trivial.

>173 likes
Nice

I assumed these people were publicly against emulation because its done illegally 99.9999% of the time (downloaded from the internet bios and don't own the games).

Trick question, they don't make physical PC games in US anymore so they are virtually impossible to own

Attached: 1432263866147.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

I never considered the piracy angle of emulation until i started reading the exposed faggots in threads like this.
It reminds me of the ungrateful entitlement in the moddint scene.
It's just people that believe they are entitled to free shit.
Like communists, democrats and negroes.

PC is a different thing, they're just glad to have any game at all. I mean, to me it was either Hey Skoombat 7 and Vesperia on digital or nothing.

Collectors becoming the "authority" on retro gaming critique was the worst thing to ever happen to the hobby and I am glad they are now falling out of favor.

>youtube screencap
Holy fucking shit Yea Forums is garbage. This trash heap is on the level of faceberg at this point.

>Piracy.
m8, most of the titles people are downloading and emulation are vaporware at this point. It's not like
Hudson or any defunct developer/publisher is going to crawl out of the grave and start releasing HD REMAKES of their titles.

This, like usual, are big brands selling you a lifestyle.

>no goyim its wrong to emulate our IP that we havent released a game with for 30 years but still are holding on that brandname like a pack of vultures

And of course collectors will defend getting buttfucked by brands. This is literally what their lives revolve around: Spending too much money on something that you could get for free and then circlejerking how you a better than someone who downloaded because you have a physical copy. Its a coping-mechanism for buyers remorse.

Why do you people think many of those faggots have exactly the same opinions as corporate? They are sheep.

Attached: Exclusives.png (664x220, 70K)

Disney have brainwashed people with this mentality so hard the US courts have changed the copyright laws multiple times just so Mickey Mouse never enters the public domain

>image
>No other industry
Subscription tv is definitely heading this way.

I emulate the games if I can't play on original hardware

I own only 2 collectors edition a 1 is Witcher 2 and the other is a Ukrainian collectors edition of Clear Sky

This is a Quentin-tier post, good on ya lad.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/

>implying

Attached: 1528785989112.jpg (2172x2104, 302K)

Aren't both a very nice paperweight since you used the code?

vaporware only exists if the company that made it states it is.
Otherwise it is not vaporware and there are very few games that qualify.

The only company actually doing true game exclusives is Facebook, though.

Everyone else uses different hardware. Ports cost money, and if a company foots the development cost in return for exclusivity deals, I don't see an issue with that. It's like a movie only coming out in 3D or something. Facebook, on the other hand, are actively trying to prevent people with other VR sets from playing their games, which is about as nuts as saying you aren't going to support certain kinds of monitor.

>abandonware is dying
???

I think I have that very same power ranger in my garage somewhere.

Yeah and people are waking up way too slowly to the fact how bad the mouse actually is.

Because they heavily invest in PR and employ the same PR-Company that tricked americans into thinking that fluoride should be in water and that bacon is part of a healthy breakfast.

If you want to feel some existential horror how certain (((elites))) treat the common man watch how disney will now spin the fact that they refused a dead kid to get spiderman on his gravestone. Just wait for it.

No they both come with non steam versions and bonus contents. Also I use the bonus items from the stalker CE everyday

If people want to collect games, that's on them.
I'm more about playing them. I play them, beat them, and have no desire to replay since I have a backlog a mile long.

Also fuck Disney.

It is. It's already becoming more and more of a hassle to find old titles nobody cares about. Sites aren't maintained, and eventually the only copies of these games are going to be in gamer museums and hoarder collections.

But fluoride is fine and bacon is fine.
You realise the belief that stuff like bacon is bad for you is the lie right?

Excuse me, abandonware.

First consoletard arrives to defend his sheep-behavior.

> which is about as nuts as saying you aren't going to support certain kinds of monitor.
You literally made the same argument as with the 3 DVD players only that now you claim that's how it should work because they buy the parts for the DVD-Players at different retailts so its ''different tech''.

Get a grip on reality, man. You are so far gone that you have convinced yourself that you actually enjoy getting buttfucked by brands.

Attached: 1372095194023.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

Emulating games is like reading books on your fucking monitor. Sure, you can do it. Is it the same experience? Roughly, you're consuming the same content. But you're missing out on page turning, the smell of the book, the way you hold it, the lack of eye-strain, there's a reason people don't fucking read on monitors.

You're fine if you have an e-reader, they're basically designed to emulate to a much higher level. They're like owning a flashcart.

Same thing abandonware does not exist until the company explicitly says they have abandoned it

2/10

DVD players are all designed to conform to the same standard, although the parts may be different, they all play the same fucking games. A comparison that would actually make sense is that if you bought an AMD graphics card, X game wouldn't work because it's an Nvidia exclusive.

You should really try and understand what the fuck you're talking about. You think that every game should be ported to the Switch and 3DS because otherwise they're too "exclusive"?

It's true though the food pyramid was shaped by the american agriculture industry trying to sell excess produce.
The myth that cholesteral is bad for you is one of the most harmful lies ever created.

>haha yeah user you are not paying for the GAME you are paying 500 bucks more for the EXPIERIENCE!

Sheep-Tier argument right out of a PR-Guys mouth, holy shit.

Emulation and rom collecting is also a part of game collecting and preservation.

>Abandonware is a product, typically software, ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no support is available. Although such software is usually still under copyright, the owner may not be tracking copyright violations or the developer may now be defunct with no copyright ownership.

When I play a console shooter on PC, the game is straight trash. Why? Because it was fucking designed for console. When you can click heads, the experience becomes meaningless.

I would never, in a million years, want to play a game like Timesplitters with a mouse.

And? posting the "defintion" doesn't change the fact there is no such thing as abandonware unless a company that owns it states it.

piracy

>I do not understand why collectors don't like emulation
Maybe because the whole point of collecting things is acquiring things that everyone else cannot posses. So of course they would be mad about it. Not defending collectors here.

>You should really try and understand what the fuck you're talking about
I do understand that you have no argument but that your programming demands you to pretend to have one. Nothing of what you have said so far is a viable argument. its transparent that you are sperg who defends having bought mutliple consoles because you are retard with low impulse control.

It boggles my mind that people like you exist and the extent of your mental gymnastics to justify bad practices by corporations.

>You think that every game should be ported to the Switch and 3DS because otherwise they're too "exclusive"?
Is this what it has come to now? You will pretend to be a retard and strawman the shit out of that Pic?

Attached: 34161364.png (853x470, 353K)

Which is correct but it still doesnt make bacon or a ''heavy breakfast'' healthy, you are just replaced one lie with another you retard.

No no. They found out that in fact the myth that high cholesterol food causes artery failure to be a myth.
What actually happens is due to probably lack of exercuse peoples arteries fail and rupture and you find cholesterol at the scene of the crime.

Cholesterol and fatty foods are essential for the body to function especially the brain.

More besides statistics showed that people who hate bacon and eggs and butter their entire libes were living to one hundred.

I'm sorry user you have been fed lies. Literally

It's like whining that cable channels aren't on free-to-air. You don't understand anything about the world.

Without exclusives, we wouldn't have any Soulsborne games. Without exclusives, there would be no reason for first party companies to support their platforms, so say goodbye to Sanic Mayro, and probably half the games you like.

It's just such a fucking delusional worldview.

>I'm poor I deserve free shit

Just because you rephrased it doesnt make your point any better.
Putting on nostalgia glasses isnt an argument either.

Nevermind that you are absolutely full of shit and I say that as someone who also enjoys old games but unlike DOING IT FOR FREE for Mr Shekelberg like you are right now, I just emulate them and dont argue with dumb PR-Spins that arent my own.

I own all my old games and consoles, but I am never going to dig or play on them again, because it is a fucking hassle to set them up and get them working. gamepads and other parts break over time and they take up too much space in my apartment and just look ugly. It's nuts to switch between consoles to play different games.
So yeah, of course emulation is the only way to go. Everything else is luxury for the insane. Seriously. It's like driving with a tractor to work using old consoles...

Where have I argued about the cholesterol part?
And how does it change that they claim a heavy breakfast is healthy?

Nigga dont argue with people if you cant even read.

First of all
>5 years ago

Second of all emulation past PS1 is shit. You are getting a greatly downgraded experience even if you are blowing these games up to 4k for some ungodly reason. Burn your Saturn games and use PseudoSaturn. FTP your isos to your Playstation 2 hard drive. Play the games right you shitters. It's just laziness and lack of respect for the medium you claim to love.

>It's like whining that cable channels aren't on free-to-air.
Nope, thats different and once you leave that strawman alone maybe you will figure it out.

>You don't understand anything about the world.
I understand that you have run out of arguments and noticed that you are arguing with emotions and not facts now.

>Without exclusives, we wouldn't have any Soulsborne games. Without exclusives, there would be no reason for first party companies to support their platforms, so say goodbye to Sanic Mayro, and probably half the games you like.
How do you know that?
How do you know that these games would not have been funded if exclusives wouldnt be a thing?
Can you timetravel?
Are you some sort of Slider who can switch between alternate Dimensions?
No?
Then how do you know that?
Because Publishers said so? Of course they said so they want you go CONSUME THING SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET EXCITED FOR NEW THING you retard.

>It's just such a fucking delusional worldview.
You are arguing against your own interests. Against being tricked and nickle-and-dimed by corporations and you are saying someone ELSE has a ''delusional worldview.''
Jesus christ man, what went wrong with your life?

You are such a tooI bet you actually believe that lootboxes are ''surprise mechanics''.

Mass Effect Trilogy, no joke

>How do you know that?
>How do you know that these games would not have been funded if exclusives wouldnt be a thing?
Because business isn't a hard concept to grasp? Soulsborne games absolutely wouldn't have been made. DeS was funded by Sony, without them, From just wouldn't have the money to fund a game like that on the PS3.

As for titles like Mario, they would've never existed. Hell, we haven't even gotten into arcades yet. You think people are going to pay a quarter for a life when they can play the exact same game at home for free?

>You are such a tooI bet you actually believe that lootboxes are ''surprise mechanics''.
Why are you bringing up a strawman like dogshit business practices when we're talking about the basic reality of exclusive software and killer apps?

Would there still be good games without exclusivity? Absolutely. Plenty of companies have been multi-plat for basically every release. Would there be half as many good games? Would hardware have advanced this fast? Absolutely not.

The thing nobody seems to mention abour emulation is that it literally hurts no one. It doesn't even fall into the piracy argument where you might be depriving developers of game sales, because the vast majority of emulated games are discontinued as physical copies, and buying used physical copies obviously doesn't go to the devs.

Yeah Nintendo has eshop with like the 40 NES games they keep reselling but there isn't a chance in hell they're losing any real money from emulation.

If there isn't a victim, then it isn't a crime. That's the way I see it. Thievery is wrong, but I've yet to see any government agency officially recognize emulation as such. They can barely mark it as copyright infringement.

how do you want to play Crusader Kings or Dota on any console?

I bet you support illegal immigration too.

Excess certainly can't be good for you. Even if cholesterol isn't bad for you, I dare say it won't do you any favors if you're shoveling it in your mouth. Like with everything (including video games) moderation should be exercised.

Emulation's fine. I'm a collector and I don't get this mentality. Emulation is a good way to demo games you're interested in, play incredibly expensive games before mustering up the money to get the real experience, or get your hands on nearly impossible to find titles that you otherwise would never be able to experience in your life. Emulation has use to collectors like myself as well, it's only the retards who don't know how to take advantage of the resources they have, or elitists that shit on emulation. I personally wouldn't emulate a game in place of actually owning it but I'm not gonna shit on the people that would/have to be it money, space, what have you.

bacon's not bad for you because it's fatty. bacon's bad for you because it's salty and cooklets burn it to charcoal instead of just crispy.
>hypertension, still eat 9 slices weekly

>the developer may now be defunct
a company that went out of business will never explictly state anything.

you have never developed software, and don't know wtf you're talking about.
i've got ~20 hard drives of pirated shit, but i don't try to justify it with mental gymnastics. i just like free shit.

i hate illegals (the criminal act, the lack of insurance, the gibs, the resistance to cultural assimilation). however, compared to inflation caused by artificially increasing minimum wages, illegal immigration is the lesser evil.

you can't just decalre peoples property abandonware when you feel like it. Someone owns it.
Even if the company when defunct the rights will be owned by another party.
This attitude is like communism.

STOP EMULATING GAMES

STOP RESELLING GAMES

Attached: TJdO3sJ.jpg (1132x790, 231K)

Pat is pretty based

Attached: avgn nintendo world championships.png (637x355, 475K)

must be nice to be a popular collector when you get gifted shit all the time

>but right now consoles are still easily available
Absolutely not, especially gen 1-2 consoles, and definitely not games. You don't collect anything, you're just arguing stupid shit to get attention, like a 4 year old.

Without fail, every time there's any sort of debate about anything here, the stupid e-celeb children try to pollute it with their garbage. This board needs a culling, and they should be the first ones to go.

The only problem with emulators are when they don't work exactly right. Otherwise they're based.

Emulation is fine it's just that it sucks 99% of the time

Emulation should be about game preservation first and foremost, any other reason is just fluff.

I play games not collect them and put them on display.

Do collectors really shit on emulation that much? I love collecting games, but I think emulation is great. I didn't think this was an issue.

>posts description of abandonware
>"uhh it don't count because I say so"
Genuis

Ok faggot, let me put it to you in this way.
>God of War is a big franchise entirely exclusive to snoy
>GoW 1 and 2 come out on ps2
>Gow 3 and ascension are on ps3
>Ghost of sparta on psp
>GOW 2018 is on ps4
Thats 4 different consoles you need to play 6 of the mainline titles. Consoles have no backwards compatibility either, so you need to buy remasters and repacks for later consoles if you want to keep your collection up to date and on one console. You literally need to buy the same shit several times because you bought the most recent console
Meanwhile, emulation lets me keep the entire series (or atleast the titles i can emulate) in a single folder for free. You also dont see games of a series such as dragon age, fallout,etc being OS specific so any computer that meets the minimal requirements can play them. You can also easily find compatibility settings to run games on Win10 that were released for winxp and earlier
I cant understand how you can defend console gaming when it squeezes every last penny out of you in any way it can. Most console exclusives end up later on the PC anyway so you dont even have that excuse

>It's just people that believe they are entitled to free shit.
Or they'd rather not pay hundreds of dollars just to play some obscure JRPG and not even get the instruction manual with it.