What was the last horror game that genuinely scared you?

What was the last horror game that genuinely scared you?

Attached: 1561682249584.jpg (900x1200, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AufydOsiD6M
youtube.com/watch?v=cC55zypw3C4
store.steampowered.com/app/356670/Spookys_Jump_Scare_Mansion/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixvh-8W1OS8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 19K)

le spooky doll XD 10/10

>le
go back

very spooky indeed.

Attached: 1561525831708.jpg (2048x1360, 235K)

Stop shilling this garbage faggot

The concepts brought up in Soma will haunt me forever. I wish I'd never played it. I'd be a hell of a lot happier living my life in ignorance.

is this bait

Mikupicture is a cool app.

My dick is so spooked it's crying.

What doed her vag look like?

Based
Cringe
I wanna fuck her

All of them. I'm a coward.

What was soma about user? Never really got into it

what is it with americans getting scared by things that aren't scary
first it's clowns, not it's dolls?

I didn't realize how short that miku was.

You stole my thread!

what if your brain ran on batteries

Attached: naut.jpg (297x170, 17K)

I played this yesterday. I had a hard time going to sleep last night.

Attached: ss_9f71d8a4fde0a681a56371eb5f0e9a9291956bfb.1920x1080.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

So I have not been in here in a while.
What is the context of this image?

To your question...Silent Hill4 was unnerving without the need for FUCKING JUMPSCARES.

That said the VR Freddy game was alright, you can actually see them coming from a mile a way so it never feels as cheap as they used to, you can genuinely admit you fucked up

Post her butt!

Attached: 1449702921652.jpg (347x384, 13K)

some jap dude on twitter has an account dedicated to his custom miku doll

I want to give her a kissu

what if u mum ran on battaries mate wouldnt that be a fucking trip innit

It's a really good exploration of consciousness and existence. It should be damn near free with how old it is, definitely play it or watch an LP at least.

>Sequel introduces a new threat

Attached: Miku 2.jpg (900x1200, 280K)

is this the doll thread

I think it's probably just one guy trying to force this.

Dead Space 2

>dad gets me the game for my bday
>he's watching me play it in my room
>early game, running around the hospital
>we just turn the corner after telling Dana to fuck off
>we both see something in the corner flash, and we both jump
>spin isaac around to shooty shooty
>theres nothing there
>we both start laughing

Attached: 1558033370809.png (900x1200, 1.04M)

It is now.

Attached: mdd-cirno.jpg (450x678, 209K)

Why do they paint the mouth super wide? it looks like shit.

m o re

Attached: Miku blunt.jpg (900x1200, 244K)

delet

Attached: 1544092168160.jpg (900x1200, 134K)

>ECHO
this is one of the few times in the last years where I felt real dread playing a game. When the lights turn off, the game loads for a moment, and as a gamer I know that means something has changed. Such a well designed game in every way. Graphics and the concept are so insanely fantastic.

>Witcher 3
when diving in skellige somewhere far far out in the ocean in the rainy night at some burning ship a fucking whale appeared right there where I had to dive

>SOMA
I am a sucker for underwater horror

Attached: the horror begins.webm (1278x596, 2.88M)

what is it

God I wish I were that doll, every since I fapped to that doll TG/TF doujin years ago I've had that fantasy.

I find it almost impossible to get into horror games, I never really find them scary and mechanically uninteresting. The only time I feel tense and uneasiness in a game is SS13.

miku is a thot

youtu.be/AufydOsiD6M

I want to fuck that

it's a paintjob, the original one doesn't look like that

The last thing that scared me was when I was a kid and played Ocarina of Time and I had to get the Sun Song from the royal tomb. Needless to say from that point on I beat the entire game without ever getting the Sun Song.

Attached: ReDead_Artwork_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (1409x2429, 2.28M)

oh child....

Attached: 1558035888962.jpg (900x1200, 128K)

Attached: miku .jpg (720x960, 135K)

>this dude ruined his 800 dollar doll with a sharpie and custom eyes

Okay.

Post her naked

Considering his doll accrued a cult following on twitter and achieved meme status I don't think he really gives a fuck at this point.

Attached: Miku roastie.jpg (1536x2048, 441K)

Imagine ruining your dollfie's face with a sharpie for no reason doesn't even look good. The eyes are okay.

SOMA. It's got some good tricks in it.

Attached: well played.jpg (800x450, 17K)

I can't remember, it's been years since I've been scared by something, since I overcame my existential nightmares.

Attached: Vampire the Masqeraude: Bloodlines ending.gif (500x338, 1.89M)

Holy fuck asians are hideous.

>shilling
>devs put the game on torrent sites since dayone
yeah, they are literally rolling in the dough because of these threads

Attached: butwhy.jpg (613x481, 25K)

He looks like the MC in a shitty hypnosis doujin.

Life

>he's just now realizing that the faceless fat old man is merely an attempt to appeal to the demographics that read them

>tfw too much of a poorfag to own one of these dolls meanwhile this fat fuck is just treating them the same way a 3 year old marks up a dollar store barbie doll.

Attached: ReZero.jpg (900x1200, 205K)

Those dolls are only 600 dollars? I should get one

>only
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

But everyone told me it was a degradation thing

Attached: 1552592956751.jpg (498x456, 18K)

I don't play horror games because I'm easily spooked
that being said what would a good one be for a scaredy cat like me?

Attached: trash.gif (400x351, 980K)

Oh it is.
Just that there are multiple reasons for why they are portrayed that way.

Silent Hill

Play the Chzo Mythos games that Yahtzee made. They're all free on his website and they're good horror games but since they're 2D side-scroll-em-ups even when they are scary they won't really get you because they aren't as immersive not being 3D.

Yes only $600 + the price of admission to enter the convention where these are being sold + the price of a plane ticket to Nagoya, Japan + the cost of humiliation from having customs review the 24'' tiddie doll you're bringing back from Japan + your soul because once you buy one you will never be able to stop yourself from getting just one more.

Attached: Pussy Magnet.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Its been free once or twice

Love, Sam

>"dad i broke the microwave"

Horror games stopped being scary when they transitioned from low poly graphics to HD.

Attached: Sherry Death.webm (640x480, 511K)

System Shock, either one of them.

that's why Powerdrill Massacre is peak horror game
youtube.com/watch?v=cC55zypw3C4

Amnesia. Something about the water monster, despite me knowing there's LITERALLY NOTHING THERE, is absolutely fucking terrifying. I got a serious case of anxiety in that flooded hallway when I had to run away from it after throwing arm after arm to open the door.

How the FUCK do I get brave enough to play horror games? They look cool but I always pussy out 10 mins in

Unironically this.

Tips for playing horror games:
- Lights on
- Use speakers not headphones
- When it gets overbearing play normal music over the game audio if you have to
- Focus on the frame of your monitor if you think a jumpscare is imminent and play out of your peripheral vision
- Drink alcohol

Just buy online you retard

I find masterbating before and after playing helps as well.

I envy you.
The last time a horror game scared me I was like 16.

What are some good music to play over horror games? I listen to "dance with the dead" but is Carpenter Brut good for horror games?

Parasite eve 2, fuck the scene when the girl in the resturant became a monster

That's too simple, you should always punch your way through an obstacle not go around it

>That pick
Kek

>getting scared by games
How does someone with functioning testicles get scared by something that isn't real? VR might be different, but you're looking at a computer monitor. Stop being such a fucking pussy.

Man.. Ryan toy revivew really let himself go...

Attached: 169762.jpg (600x600, 79K)

You could say the same of literally any form of media, drop the inane bravado.

I actually just played through RE2 for the first time this weekend and this webm is reminding me that I never bothered trying to get Sherry killed. I remember there's at least one section where she walks has to go through multiple regular zombies. Can they eat her?

wow nice way to butcher the experience
might as well not play horror games

It's a way for them to ease into horror games and get more comfortable. If they can't play them now then they literally are not playing horror games.

Anything by Puppet Combo desu.

Full disclosure, FNAF is one of the only horror games that genuinely scares me on a pure fight-or-flight level.

It's very good at establishing a tense atmosphere and the gameplay loop is sound for a horror game. Biggest problem is just that the jumpscares are kind of goofy, but at this point they're considered a hallmark of the series so they're not going to change.

Attached: 889f63e210234f00b6142c31f217f3a147aea238_hq.jpg (768x1024, 115K)

Probably Alien Isolation, I now hate the whole hide n' spook genre, but that and Outlast 1 were good. The only other game that got to me was Condemned 2: Bloodshot, probably one of my faves and criminally underrated, only shit thing is that they never ported to PC. So you're stuck playing on 360 or PS3.

Attached: no no no no no no no no no.jpg (2880x1620, 276K)

THE FUCKING BEAR IN CONDEMNED 2

You just never played Project Zero 2 or Siren at night, I guess.

Would Doom 64 count
Shit's super fucking atmospheric and eerie

I thought I wouldn't really like horror games much but I decided to try the original Resident Evil to give it a try. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it much for the same reason as you, thinking that the spooky zombies and atmosphere would put me off. But I found myself really immersed thanks to those things. Walking around new areas cautiously, listening for sounds that could help me figure out where danger lies since the camera works against me, trying to plan out safe routes from one location to another and weighing whether or not to use items/ammo to make sure you don't run out.

I think being spooked easily may actually improve your experience with something like RE. You start off being really tense, but as you progress and start getting a hang of things/stocking up on ammo, you slowly grow more confident. Then maybe they'll introduce some new zombies or change the areas that were previously safe to put you on edge again.

Unironically scariest games I played were Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the crypt levels, and Aliens versus Predator 2, back when I played them in 2004-2007.
Later RTCW seemed really tame.

Make her fortnite dab

I mean, if you're capable of watching horror films you should be able to play horror games, right?

What's the last NON-horror game that scared you?

I was afraid to travel through night forest in Kingdom Come.

I'm not

Nah

>Amnesia comes out
>be spooked by it
>recommend it to a friend
>he later tells me its not scary at all
>ask him how he played it
>during the day with his blinds open while listening to music on speakers
Fucking retarded, might as well not play the game

Dead Space 2 when you get chased by the unkillable Ubermorph at the end. I don't get scared by the monsters in Dead Space but I have an immense fear of getting chased. I feel like my body gets weaker whenever I get chased. And when I don't have anything to fight back against it my stress levels go up to an insane level. It's a childhood trauma.

>play amnesia at a friend’s house
>he goes to bed at like 12, I stay up all night playing it with headphones
>wasn’t really that scary after like an hour and a half of playing it
Def was the best setting to play a horror game in tho

I’M RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR AND I’M ABOUT TO CHASE YOU AROUND YOUR HOUSE

It started raining outside so I gotta bring my umbrella! Do you want one?

Wish there was a fan mod that redid the game over animations, make them less “silly animal monster playing a trick on you screaming in your face” and more “scary murder robot coming at you about to end your life”
I unironically love the premise and atmosphere of fnaf, gameplay kinda sucks and the scares are cheap though

I haven't played a horror game since.
This game is deceiving.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

yes please. I don’t like being wet.

We can get wet together~!

What is?

A/s/l ?

store.steampowered.com/app/356670/Spookys_Jump_Scare_Mansion/

visage was great at the start then it turned into a regular horror game and sucked

Neck yourself worthless zoomer, you missed the golden age of gaming, just kill yourself you dopamine addicted faggot

The way they handled the forced name-change was hilarious. Game was really good honestly but there were too many room between save points that It became a chore to advance if you died to some of the cheap death (noclip ghost)

78/M/Israel

Forced name change? First time I hear about it, can you explain?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Oh god, user. I'm so scared my dick slipped out! I hope she doesn't come over and start playing with it, that would really scare me!!

you can kill the water monster by throwing any object at him

It used to be "Spooky's House of Jump Scares" but the devs got a C&D letter because some studio trademarked "Spooky's House". That's why the name of the title screen has been taped up and written on with Marker.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 29K)

Antechamber. "don't look down" scared the shit out of me.

Probably Welcome to the game 2.
Humans can be quite scary.

Lol nice. Gonna wishlist it, does it actually get scary? And is it mostly jumpscares?

Doom 3
The not BFG edition
Back in the days, we had CRT monitors with real black.

Game is free go dl it, it's better played than explained.

It's free

>chromatic aberration and deliberately godawful visuals = ps1 aesthetic right?
>dude total silence for 90% of the game then EAR SPLITTING SCREECH my games are so intricately crafted and cleverly frightening :^)

Please stop plugging this dude's zero-effort tripe.

Attached: hope.jpg (766x960, 80K)

What's with all the low T fagoids itt that get spooked easily? The only thing that gets me are jump scares and that's just because they're designed to trigger a reflex and make you jump which is annoying as fuck and not scary.

Attached: 51571981bf2f33a6ac61af3348dfd02a.jpg (523x523, 29K)

Playing Resident Evil 2 remake on PS4 right now. Am in this thread right now to avoid having to keep playing, is so tense is giving me an upset tummy.

badass dude

They don't call me ragnok the cunt destroyer for no reason.

They just need to not be so obviously static jumpscares. All of them share the same sound effects and the animations, while jerky and surprising like they're supposed to be, kind of take you out of the moment when they just instantaneously pop up in your face.

The spontaneity is part of the tense atmosphere, having to focus on your task while knowing that you could get jumped at any point- but I still think it should try some slightly more subdued game overs.

>you vs the girl he tells you not to worry about

holy shit...

Attached: 1559611157585.jpg (1467x1719, 693K)

fuck that thing scared me, and those sneaky fucks were clever enough to put a stuffed version later on in that level too

always reminded of this when I think of Condemned 2 youtube.com/watch?v=Ixvh-8W1OS8 that bear and SKX freaked the hell out of me

Yeah this
Genuinely hope you kill yourself

I really really enjoyed this game.

silent hill 4. I believe i'm near the end of the game. It was hard for me to continue because of the hauntings. I hate the sound it makes when you take damage from the ghost...

Attached: my_dumb_ass_took_the_doll.jpg (504x356, 156K)