Dead Rising saga

What went wrong?

Attached: 308833C8-704C-4FA3-BEED-E23CC99BB4E4.jpg (1935x1290, 499K)

dunno man but DR is still so fucking good holy shit, and no, I'm not having nostalgia since I played for the first time when it came out on PC.

Dead Rising: Kino
Dead Rising 2: Great game
Dead rising 3: Already feeling soulless
Dead rising 4: SHIT

Case Zero was also 10/10

Blue Castle/Capcom Vancouver fundamentally did not understand Dead Rising. They didn't get it, they didn't have a clue, and the only reason that Dead Rising 2 turned out decent was because Inafune - who did get it, and was the only reason Dead Rising 1 released without Capcom fucking with it - was breathing down their necks the whole time.

As soon as he left, they were doomed. Inafune has his famous fuckups, but he did understand Dead Rising is built from inconvenience and stress, not whacky listless sandbox bullshit.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 13K)

Canada

Whenever a Western studio is given a japanese franchise, they always completely misunderstand what made it great in the first place and consequentially fuck it up. (See also: Silent Hill)

ironically v rallies around the time mechanic that forces you to speed run the game

the time mechanic should have been toned down, the players first instinct is to explore the sandbox and learn about the world, the player can't exactly do that if you force them to progress

the game would still be great even with a largely toned down time mechanic

this also fits better with character progression

Fuck it hurts so much.
Think we'll ever get a reboot?

Wish the DLCs came to PC

>the players first instinct
Instinct that should be broken.
Dead Rising 1 hit it well enough. Reasons to keep to the deadline, but losing survivors doesn't hurt you particularly and you can finish the game just fine. It's the illusion of time-stress that counts, not the actual consequences.

Blue Castle tried to streamline the series to appeal to a wider audience, which meant sanding down its edges. The problem with Dead Rising is that those edges were its identity, and all they had to replace it was grindhouse Dynasty Warriors.

Here’s a perfect example of the audience they were chasing.

>what went wrong
i think it was that zambies came back to life

I would also consider DR3 a great game, even if the story is a little weak.
Because DR4 was a crap game, and it will always be a crap game.

Yeah, the time limit is an incentive to play the game again to see what you may have missed the first time around, and after you are done with the story, you replay again, but this time ignoring the story and making up your own saga, like do you kill all the survivors you meet? Or do you only save those you deem are worthy. It gives more replayability, same with 2 and 3 (although 3 gives you so much time, that you pretty much do whatever.)

nice nonargument

the time mechanic was way too harsh in the first game, and I haven't played any of the other games

the sandbox is what made the game not the time mechanic

dr3 had the least amount of bullshit damage sponges. not as much SOUL, but a decent enough game.

why not just condense all that gameplay into one playthrough, it's completely unnessesary

WELL

Attached: 1442339386768.jpg (840x700, 101K)

they stopped using unique panty textures for the female survivors

Attached: deb1.jpg (1369x957, 166K)

Attached: aly8.jpg (1009x647, 90K)