What the fuck happened to Yea Forums?

What the fuck happened to Yea Forums?

Attached: 1561162410948.jpg (1024x894, 83K)

what do you mean? Yea Forums always been shit

I don't remember it being THIS shit. Ever.

Overmoderation trying to become the next Yea Forums while simultaneously being as facebook/reddit as possible.

Attached: 1562445141703.webm (204x360, 171K)

>Yea Forums
>overmoderation

you can blame /pol/ for bringing in newfag tourists

oldfags left and got wife/children, and now it's mostly zoomers

>overmoderation
what the fuck kind of moron are you

Social media crossposters, third-worlders, GG, phoneposters, the election, and moot being replaced by hiro.

nigger what? this place bearly has any moderation what so ever the mods don't give a shit about this place

>overmoderation
lmao

>Blame the edgy group of 200 people for your own faggotry
Dilate

Oldfag here, posting while my wife is next to me.
Who doesn't bring their wives and kids to Yea Forums?

>barely any moderation and even when mods step in it's always vidya related threads that get pruned

as time marches on you go nowhere

Attached: 1547862796792.png (2564x1044, 1.74M)

Lots of doing it for free mixed with marketing spam and wave after wave of colonization attempts

Attached: 1411026702406.jpg (642x619, 69K)

look up Yea Forums in the news most news sites mentions /pol/

It became worse than Plebbit-tier and that's quite an accomplishment.

Always been shit though - no actual gamers have ever taken this place seriously aside from mild interest in the odd random leak here and there.

Ive been here since 2007 and people have been saying "Yea Forums is turning to shit" as far back as then

We acted like retards, which attracted real retards, who acted like retards which attracted retards pretending they weren't retarded but were retarded. So now we have retards pretending to be retards not pretending to be retards who are retarded.

YO GALO SENGEN

Not really. Gg was here, fappening was Yea Forums and the shooting was infinity Chan. And the school shootings were /r9k/ and /soc/

All the kids that are too poor to browse Yea Forums on cellphones are here now.

Attached: Everyday on v.gif (1200x562, 14K)

wow Ninja aged fast

Nobody lurks anymore.

t. hasn't been here during the week when half the board is pokemon or /h/ threads.

That's the CDPR guy right? Dude looks like he's literally giving his life force to make video games, holy shit

>overmoderation
Neo/v/gglets everywhere... Fucking 2010 Yea Forums would have a hoot seeing how ridiculous this place has become and that's saying something because 2010 Yea Forums was full blown cancer.

Moderation has increased & spiked multiple times in Yea Forums's history post 2009(as early as I lurked) but the ability to post what you want on an average day is at an all time low. Older Yea Forums joked and shunned Yea Forums for it's moderation and look at us now. The best part is all the new kids want to control anonymous speech even more. Yea Forums- how low the mighty fell.

Attached: 1500905158401.webm (800x450, 2.97M)

>oldfags left and got wife/children
yeah, all of them, not a single one remains, that w-would be sad as fuck, to be an oldfag all alone and virgin...

Yea Forums was not made to be a bastion of free speech and racism, it was made to talk about VIDEO GAMES
And it really fucking needs better moderation for that to be possible right now

GO GO GO GO GALO SENGEN

how the fuck am I supposed to talk about video games if I can't call you a nigger?

The less Yea Forums talks about videogames the better because Yea Forums sucks at talking about them

It's always been "zoomers," the average age of the board has NEVER changed. 18-21 since the start and always will be there.

The dumb bitches in that webm make me puke. Based Korwin.

this but unironically

You don't actually discuss most any game aside major releases and shilling. Most small niche games get shut down brutally and kept off the board. Take a game like Star Sector for example. Update comes out and the board flips out that it has one thread and everyone screams take it to /vg/ and it's dead and gone within a day or two. Meanwhile there's 10 smash threads at any given time as well as multiple other large studios being shilled for all day every day. Post a niche game and watch how fast it 404's.

Yea Forums started a forest fire in Mexico but I don't think the news ever covered the origins.

>can't talk bout politics
>meanwhile mutli billion dolalr game developers are kamikaze'ing+Hindenburg outside out windows
>don't talk about it or you'll be banned
This place is literally r/gaming

Attached: 156491032525.gif (450x382, 972K)

You mean, something like that lobotomy corporation?

>implying the mass influx of newfags didn't happen during the fappening

>Yea Forums started a forest fire in Mexico
Can I get a rundown?

It might have been an animefag, but the thread was on /out/

Dumb beaner watched Yuru Camp and didn't understand how campfires work. There was a news headline shortly after about said campfire run wild.

nah more like the endless thinly veiled hentai threads and twitter screencaps filled with no effort responses consisting only of buzzwords like cope, seethe, have sex, dilate etc.

it really does have overmoderation.
You get a 24hr ban if you even reply in off topic threads now.

westacucks

Attached: 1464978167426.png (652x480, 52K)

Ah, shit, you're right.
There was also that one idiot on /k/ who shot a cop while trying to commit suicide by cop recently.

And the fact the guy made a thread taking photos before the news broke

Aaron kyro has seen better days.

Yea Forums is nothing but kids and their youtube celebrities now

The shits dont even play video games they just watch them

Literal mental illness

stormfront and /pol/tards

election tourists/summer

>Literally the first post in every thread is have sex or incel
>REE /pol/

Attached: coach.gif (320x240, 1.61M)

It has been far worse. At least there's a significant amount of video game content on the board right now, even if the threads themselves are fairly low quality.

Remember when the only content on Yea Forums was reaction image threads or bot spam? Or tripfags like Lanced Jack that would derail every thread by making a stupid bait post that 90% of anons would fall for every fucking time. Even consolewar shitposting is relatively low compared to some periods.

reminds me of Yea Forums right before it died
desperately milking every last (you) this place has to give

I don't even own a current-gen console
I ONLY want to talk about cult classics and indie games nowadays

>Lanced Jack
has it been that long

Friendly reminder you're not allowed to talk about videogame journalism, who makes videogames, the personal beliefs of who makes videogames, why things in videogames are bad or the financial success of videogame companies on a videogame board.

The problem of tertiary is it usually, quickly devolves into non-tertiary discussion, and most likely into political arguments.

>people think overmoderation doesn't exist
>i get banned for saying the word chink once a week

Fucking chink moot.

Then so be it. Let Yea Forums find a niche instead of keeping it in limbo by preventing any actual discussion.

Why do people hate on /pol/ when all they're trying to do is save the west?

Attached: 1560908263690.jpg (921x640, 100K)

Go visit ResetERA if you want to see how a lack of free speech impacts video game discussion.

Attached: 1543961661924.jpg (1080x1998, 295K)

The same thing that happened to the rest of the internet.

Attached: 1562436336336.jpg (1477x1941, 429K)

Attached: 1556400703035.png (1492x1024, 725K)

I thought I was going crazy, and it was just some random occurrences, but its pretty obvious what kind of content the mods want to let the kids who post here see. All the gore I've ever posted gets sniped in minutes, when i try and gross people out with gay and transexual content it sails its way to the end of the thread no problem.

I get warnings for the sexual content, i get banned for gore. Motherfuckers literally posting dick picks have gone untouched

the politics in game dev discussion is pretty tired though, we're all burnt out on hearing about it in any way. It's just annoying at this point. And i think the backlash has given it too much attention, which ironically has helped it spread.

That's perfectly okay.

I just wanna talk about vidya, man.

but you are allowed to bait another 500 replies with another "why does Japan/the West do thing" thread

Attached: 1547769210688.jpg (436x536, 51K)

every day I come here I hate this place more and more but I can't stop
why can't I leave, nearly 10 years in this shithole and it gets worse daily

There's no where else to go. At least here we can somewhat practice free speech.

It makes no sense to have boards and to not allow you to talk about every aspect of the subject. /k/ for example can't talk about new gun legislation. This place is retarded

V became trans of course!

Attached: 4chan trans rights.png (1356x934, 71K)