Why did the Chrono series have to die man, its death only proves all dreams will be crushed

Why did the Chrono series have to die man, its death only proves all dreams will be crushed.

Attached: D1D2F933-2272-4F31-8E67-263EE396474F.png (1191x739, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKca4X3AKR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Better ends worthily than keep it alive with mediocre products like Final Fantasy or Pokémon

Attached: 1560789083903.png (382x349, 138K)

>Better ends worthily
>Ended on Chrono Cross

Chrono Trigger was a complete story, there wasn't really anything else to do with it. Chrono cross proved this when it went ass first into insanity to make schala and lavos have more plot.

Because it was a one time thing from the start. The team would never stick together. Akira toriyama and yuji horii have dragon quest and sakaguchi was busy with ff9 and about to retire.

>series
what? Chrono Trigger was the only videogame

>1 game
>1 game almost everybody pretends doesn't exist
>1 VN almost nobody knows exists
Incredible "series" you got there dumbass. Some things should NEVER become a "series" and Chrono Trigger was one of them.

Series? there's only 1 game. Trigger.

Honestly, they could have just rehashed the time travel story, with new characters indefinitely. Just have a new version of earth and new characters start time hopping. Maybe another Lavos on another planet. Or something new entirely.

>Why did the Chrono series have to die man

because they felt the need to continue with Cross despite it not being necessary

Here's your Chrono Break, bro.

Attached: Another Eden.png (512x250, 205K)

Because the sequel decided to be terrible instead of good?

If you'd be fine with something a little different, then what's the problem with just making it a new series? The reasons mammoth franchises like Final Fantasy keep getting tons of new games made are mostly brand recognition, marketing and merchandizing, nothing else.

>we will never get a remake
>we will never get a new game with alternate journey based on a different planet from a different lavos or the same lavos at a different point in time
>we will never get a continuation later down the timeline like in phantasy star
>feel bad man
youtube.com/watch?v=yKca4X3AKR0

Attached: TriggeredZoomers.jpg (978x775, 128K)

>series
It's not a series. It's a lovechild of a very specific time in the life of 3 game making gods.
Everything after is Masato Kato fellating his own ego and slapping the name "Crono" in the title.

i honestly think they are too afraid to kill their company by making a bad chrono trigger

so nobody touches it

>Why did the Chrono series have to die man
The three main creators only wanted to make one game. The sequels were handled by Kato alone. Which I liked the sequels. But Square didn't. Because they expected every game to sell as well as Final Fantasy. Any IP that didn't was forgotten, as you can see. We only just started getting a revival of past IPs like Mana and SaGa because new management took over Square. It's possible that they might revive Chrono as well. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

>wanting a remake of Chrono Trigger
You're the reason companies are ruining everything.

Attached: 1501022271250.jpg (743x1054, 122K)

Imagine a 3d remake of chrono trigger with Toriyama's beautiful art realized
I'd pay premium for that.

It didn't die, it just got one critically acclaimed game and they stopped at that instead of officially making an abomination sequel like Chrono Cross.

your point?

>I heard my favorite youtube celebrity say Cross sucks, so it must be awful

Attached: Funny-Sheep-Facts-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 126K)

overrated garbage game