I present to you, Yea Forums, the Sonic 06 of this generation

I present to you, Yea Forums, the Sonic 06 of this generation.

Attached: pokemon-sword-and-shield_0.jpg (1000x500, 128K)

An underrated classic that is shat on by e-celebs to perpetuate the memes?

oops wrong image

Attached: fallout-76_large.png (330x440, 198K)

What's going to happen is easy to describe
>Game Releases
>A lot of people buy the game
It's irrelevant if it's bad or not, GF will gain enough by the name alone to make another one with cut mons and they will avoid complaints

A lot of people will for sure, but you're delusional if you think this backlash won't leave a sizeable dent in sales.

and Sonic 06 was a Platinum hit. Didn't stop it from being one of the most universally panned games of all time.

Attached: Sonic_The_Hedgehog_(2006)_-_Box_Artwork_-_US_Front_And_Back_(Platinum_Hits)_-_(1).jpg (640x434, 94K)

>comparing a literally broken, barely-functioning game to a low-effort game that doesn't include every single pokemon
The circlejerk might be clouding your smoothbrain.

Attached: 1547398570678.png (515x281, 95K)

I'll be playing a REAL game while others flock to mediocrity

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-214032_Google.jpg (1142x797, 428K)

That's not a very good comparison, because I expect Pokemon to get pretty good reviews, even if fans continue to complain. Journos will give everything a thumbs up as long as it's not outright broken and they can finish it easily.

Not even close. The game is going to be one of the top sellers of this generation. The overwhelming majority of people don't care about the nonationaldex shit

People seem pretty split from what I've seen. Even if a part of those denouncing it end up buying it anyway, because of release hype or whatever, that'd still be a big drop in sales. I expect it to still sell well generally, but it could possible be the lowest selling mainline games.

Well who cares what game journos say nowadays anyway? There's enough angry people making comparison videos on youtube to show people its shit now, and this is before the game is even out. Imagine all the stuff they'll find when they actually see the full game.

please go fuck off to /vp/

It won't. Let's Go stripped out more content on a smaller install base and still sold 10 million.

Sword and Shield will be mediocre not broken

You reddit spammers are delusional if you think this wont be well recieved by 95% of people

Yes, which is good for any other game, but bad for Pokemon.

More like the Sonic Heroes or ShTH of Pokemon. It's still not a broken mess to be 06. (And I wish you zoomers understood this is WHY 06 is so damn hated)

>and Sonic 06 was a Platinum hit.
That sold less than fucking million. Barely over Sonic Lost World. That shit is just marketing buzzwords, it don't mean shit zoomer.

Sonic 06 at least had new content

What was the controversy with Heroes before release, Shadow being back and the gameplay test?

>What was the controversy with Heroes before release,
It played like ass, it was too childish coming from SA2, it looked like plastic shit, and the start of the "too many friends" meme. Shadow just took the complaint of "too childish" to 11 and went in the opposite direction into retardedvill, with the same shitty gameplay with long as fuck levels.

Blame Americans
>inb4 someone calls me a britbong
I'm American jackass
Based and spongepilled

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1562964319218.webm (617x640, 2.93M)

Is there any proof this game is actually playable?
The only guy I saw in these threads who said he tried it couldn't run it.

Kids are going to LOVE it.

Is this honestly the best bait you can come up with? That's actually sad man what the fuck

And they wasted Neo Metal Sonic by making him the villain of that game plot

Do you even understand what made sonic 06 so bad?

Ampharos

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

It apparently is, but only has like 30 pokemon and each one only has 2 moves (and 2 moves only)

Yes that's an understandable stance to take

based Ampharos poster

Did it even introduce any new characters?

As a zoomer or whatever they're called now, I actually want to play Sonic 06 just to experience it on my own.

Omega was new but was basically Gamma successor, The Chaotix were brought back with their current design.

Trust me as a fan of the 2006 masterpiece its not going to be close

That was no man's sky

So no then, in which case
how the fuck is it the start of too many friends

Nah. I think it'll just go down as another Pokemon game with people saying "It was fine, but the National Pokedex thing was dumb". It's not a broken, shitty and rushed game, it's going to be another entry in the Pokemon series and it will be around that quality, warts and all.

>but the National Pokedex thing was dumb
>they continue with that into the next game

They have been doing this hyper exaggeration drama queen thing the entire time.
All the people fervently comparing about pokemon have no clue what the fuck a bad game really is, pokemon isn't one of them.

>rushed game,
SwSh definitely qualifies. Look I know we make fun of Pokemon here. It's easy to do. But at the barest minimum gens 1 through 6 all created their own assets every time. Gen 2 actually had 2 totally separate Sprite sheets for both games with animations added for the 3rd game. And gen 6 not only redid all pokemon in 3D but did them with so much detail that they future proofed them. The animations are lifeless and the colors are washed out but those are easily fixable.

And this right here is the exact reason why GF's excuses around SwSh sounds like bullshit. Because when they say "we added more detail" you expect to see some proof of that. Especially if they're gutting the pokedex for it, the main draw of the series. But there is no difference other than some lighting and shading differences. All the returning pokemon look and move the fucking same. In addition to the rest of the world looking like shit. If you're going to take something important away you need to deliver elsewhere and Gamefreak hasn't done that

Nah
more like the Ocarina of time of this generation.

don't forget they reused overworld animations on the rival.

>That Oot tree
Kek

I think people care less about this than they think. The complete national Pokedex is more of a "nice to have" than anything else, as long as enough big popular pokemon make it into the game, it won't be that much of an issue for the majority of people.

I think there's a difference between "lazy" and "rushed", a rushed game would be something like Dark Souls 2 where they were clearly rushing the game with it ending up in a barely complete stage, with the negative-space almost being visible where the developers just didn't have enough time to actually finish all of it, Sword/Shield will be as polished as Gamefreak wants them to be and that's probably not a whole lot.

>how the fuck is it the start of too many friends
The sole fact you have 12 fucking playable characters in one game for a platformer? At the time especially that was never before done (and to many reviewers, that was too much, hence where that bullshit meme came from.)

>Should have been only Team Sonic and Dark in the canon
>All their own not exaggerated long levels and bosses
>Chaotix relagated to bonus extra missions

>I think there's a difference between "lazy" and "rushed",
Rush /= broken/incomplete asshole. ORAS lacked the Battle Frontier from Emerald, so even that game was rushed out to get it out by the holidays. Melee was a rushed game, among nearly every Gamecube game by Nintendo at the time. Rush does not mean it would look broken, it means lackluster at best.

Except people who actually played 06 knew it was bad. This "e-celebs hate it, so you should like it!" defense is sad

Shit games sadly sell on brand name. Look at FFXV

No that's fallout 76.

None of you fuckers better buy this absolutely soi trash game god seeing this game pisses me the fuck off fuck I'm so mad fuck this fucking trash bitch faggot nigger shit ass game fuckfuckfuck FUCK IT if anyone I know buy this fucking game I'm cutting contact with them right then and there fuck that game and fuck anyone who even thinks about buying it. Fuck I need a drink.

Seethe harder copelet

You're done.