PC Controllers

What's a good controller for PC? Coming from an Xbox 360 controller, one with a D-pad that isn't total crap would be nice.
I've bee eyeing the Logitech F310, anyone here have it? How is it? What other options would you recommend.

Attached: F310.jfif.jpg (2008x1223, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RPvJ2V4Yxo
retrorgb.com/retro-bits-wireless-saturn-controllers-delayed-again.html
gametyrant.com/news/retro-bits-analog-sega-controllers-launching-this-summer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The f310 is good for the price, but the triggers are stiff.

they get sticky very fast

Do they?
Also, how's the D-pad on it?

I had that piece of shit many years ago. I got a DS4 and I never looked back.

Good for fighting games

a playstation 2 pad with USB converter

shitty

I got an f310 back when dark souls came out on steam, and it lasted me up until roughly a year ago. I've gotten new ones semi-recently but they only last for a little under a year until something goes wrong (bumper becomes unreliable, stick has a dead angle, etc.)

If you want the perfect controller for gaming, look for the xbox one elite controller series 2, the cost is high as fuck but 100% worth it

>no analog triggers
Oh, the Homosexuality!
Enjoy never playing Mario Sunshine again.

thinking about buying the steelseries stratus duo, has anyone here tried it?

Get an xbone controller.

I always use a PS3 controller.

xbone
d-pad is literally irrelevant in 2019

Except for fighting games , but keyboards > pads for those anyway

The f310s work and feel okay but are absolutely hyaku pusento a budget product. You'd be lucky as hell for it to last more than four months of casual use without issue.
And if you drop it then you might as well start researching a backup cause you probably knocked a month off that grace period.

what are you talking about?

I enjoy 2D platformers with a controller though

Try to run while shooting water in Mario Sunshine with the DS2.

The DS4 is my favourite controller but I've had problems with it on PC for years. Both DS4Windows and InputMapper drop connection constantly.

Would only recommend one with a bluetooth adapter.

xbone masterrace
it just werks

>Using a ds2 on a gamecube emulator
Yes officer this is the user right here

Attached: 1552678367306.jpg (716x606, 50K)

?? What's the supposed issue?

Get a Saturn controller for 2D games and pick between a DS4/Xbone/Switch or Wii U Pro controller for 3D games, depending on which one you find better in your hands.

Xbone controller
360 quality with way better dpad.
Xbone S controller has bluetooth built in too

>Get a Saturn controller for 2D games
well shit that's something I hadn't thought of. I'll look into those.

>need emulator
Should be illegal in 2019. Even clones of 360 pads have proper xinput right off the bat. My cheap as shit spring racing wheel has full support too.
I have a wired 360 pad and a clone with turbo button for shmups, and that's it.
>hold bumper down
>mario stops and shoots water
>gently tap on the analog trigger
>mario is allowed to run and gun
You learn this when chasing fake mario in the beginning.

ds3 with mini usb cable and scptoolkit

Don't, wait for the release of the saturn clone with analog triggers and sticks, it's this month iirc.

why would I be playing mario at all?

I'd recommend a Gamecube Controller because in my opinion it's the one with the best grip.
Gamecube2USB adapters are quite cheap so you can give it a shot. Otherwise I'd go for a PS4 controller since the joystick isn't as slippy as others

I have had a xbox one controller for 3 years but it started drifting to the left. How do I fix this? Rubbing alcohol on the joystick? Open and clean it?

don't get it, what's the difference?

Are you trying to say the ps2 analogs aren't press sensitive? If so, you should say so from the beginning.

Not trying to be an ass either but also this I would never play Mario games. What other games do this?

i got the steam controller. can't recommend it. i do have a love/hate relationship with it though.

Tell me more.

remap 99% and 100% to separate buttons
since unlike the GCN controller the PS2 controller isn't missing four buttons

anything except a xbox one controller, those fuckers suck ass, I bought into the meme because I couldn't get any other controller to work with forza horizon 4 and at the time my ps3 controller broke, the joystick just kinda got stiff and wouldn't move properly (to be fair been with it for about 6 years now), now I preffer to play with keyboard because the joysticks feel loose-ish and un-centored, smoke keys feel loose others feel sticky, d-pad feels like it's about to pop off, the battery case is loose-ish so holding your fingers on it will cause it to jitter a bunch while playing, 50 fucking euros for this piece of shit, had I not accidently broken my ps3 controller I never would have gotten this piece of shit even for forza

ds4 with recent ds4window fork

Hugely regret buying one. I guess it's designed for mouse driven games that you want to use a gamepad for? At least if it had a right analog stick you could use it as a basic controller.

The d-pad on that thing is amazing. Everything else is okay to kinda bad.

>470171203

If you get one of these, be sure to get one of the older models (like from 5-8 years ago). All the newer ones have dogshit build quality.

Triggers get sticky and sticks tend to develop drift after about 40-50 hours of use. D-pad is basically Nintendo Switch Pro controller tiered with the same problems gen 1 controllers had.

You are better off using an Xbox One controller.

You sound like you bought into it without doing your research.
While the thing can function as a standard controller (and in my opinion function better at that role) it isn't one and needs quite a bit of adjustment to work as you want. If you bought it expecting a standard controller you fucked up.

Absolute best is the SF30 Pro. It's a SNES Controller with analog sticks. It was made for the Switch but has an Xinput mode for PC. The d-pad is the SNES d-pad youtube.com/watch?v=6RPvJ2V4Yxo

Attached: snes and shit.jpg (342x342, 12K)

>SF30 Pro
are the triggers analog or digital?

Damn that looks nice

can anyone help?

retrorgb.com/retro-bits-wireless-saturn-controllers-delayed-again.html

gametyrant.com/news/retro-bits-analog-sega-controllers-launching-this-summer
No analog triggers = automatically shit.

DualShock4

>
>>SF30 Pro
>are the triggers analog or digital?

They are digital, which means they belong in the trash.

got mine on sale. i find it serviceable for all games but i won't be doing any high level running and gunning with it. i find i have to change my tactics a bit, be a bit more strategic. which is fine. probably the only thing i don't like is autistically creating new profiles for every single game i play or emulator i use. and when i say i don't like that, i actually really do, except when i really don't.

These. Got one before the PS4 released and haven't had any issues.

DS4 with a bluetooth receiver is the only acceptable option, try to get an used DS4 from one of your friends who no longer play that much or from gamestop, then buy the ASUS bt-400 from amazon

Beyond shitty. Wobbly and weak. Analog sticks are stiff. Get the Xbox one controller.

how well does it work with just a micro-usb cable?

I know the pictures look decent for the price, but one of my irl friends has it and he says he fucking hates it

I use my PS4, Switch Pro, and Wii U Pro depending on the game

Try it out for yourself, I hear mixed opinions too, my friends who also dislike it only do so because they miss the relative light weight of the ps3 one, fucking manlets

Been using pic related for about 4 years.

Can't go back to a 360 controller.

Attached: loggytec.jpg (425x425, 17K)

Perfectly fine. I bought a 10' microUSB cable for like $2 online and have been using it plugged in for years.

>RetroBit
Are their stuff actually good? Only thing of theirs I've ever bought was an N64 power supply, which sat very loose in the system. Although it worked fine, I guess.

Zero reason to not just use one of the console controllers

Decent enough i guess, but we all know how cables are prone to wobble and break, especially if they're cheap cables, so you better have a good solid one.

They're willing to suck your cock if the product is flawed, but they're still working on it. The fact they keep delaying shit like wireless is a sign they don't want to be destroyed by autists.
Can you shun goku satsu easily on that?

I use DS4 for 2D games, and Xbox 360 for 3D games. DS4 has a better dpad, and I prefer the stick layout on the xbox controller.

Just open it, clean the dust and scrub some alcohol on the contacts.

>Not stick

What are you even doing?

Attached: 1539610579274.jpg (700x648, 251K)

>uses controller for 6 fucking years an complains it's not durable

the amount of movement my cables take is probably substantially lower than most, so I should be fine.

Retrobit's new Sega Saturn controller is probably the best d-pad there's. It's pretty much the same of the original Saturn.

Attached: 1553398230748.png (546x448, 138K)

You'll either hate it with your guts or surprisingly love it.

Looks like memeshit.

Redpill me on analog triggers

>I've bee eyeing the Logitech F310, anyone here have it? How is it?
DON'T, seriously. The overall quality is poor/cheap.
And by cheap I mean some of the buttons weren't pushing correctly after playing some hours of an RPG. The buttons still worked but the membrane beneath them for deformed and the concerned buttons had a tendency to get stuck, which caused unwanted input after pressing it.
Not much to say otherwise. There's no rumble pack. The triggers are but harder compared to a xbox360 controller but that's minor. The ergonomy is pretty good for a PS shape-based controller.
The controller itself is pretty light.
Overall not worth the price. Unless you get lucky and nothing breaks.

They're useful for driving vehicles and emulating a handful of games.
Dual-stage triggers are where it's at. Best of both worlds.

Its pretty bad quality, i had one and a few the buttons stopped working. Just buy a 360 controller or xbox one controller, both of those are good and work exactly the same.

I meant the ps3 one, the ps3 one lasted for 6 years and by the end it was still sturdy and felt great, the xbone one I've had for maybe... 8 months? 2 months in and the joysticks already felt like they were getting loose, it's uncentored too, some buttons just felt off to press, and now I literally feel uncomfortable using it

So say I have a VR headset, PC with racing games, and a wheel

What use do I have for analogue triggers?

Any action game with cars, like GTA, and emulators.

I guess. I mean I've got most controllers but never really utilized my analogue triggers. I played GTA with a mouse and keyboard.

My Ps3 shit would die in 2 years tops.
I've got a 360 controller passing it's first year of pc gaming and it still feels new.

xbone for joystick games
get a fight pad for anything you play w/ dpad

if you really cant afford a ps4 or xbox controller then its okay. otherwise its honestly not all that great. the analog sticks arent accurate, and you can't click them down if you are pointing them in a direction. the triggers are shit too.

Should have mentioned it was a fake ps3 controller, got it at a local shop for 10 euros, not a bad deal at all considering how long it lasted for me

There's no reason not to have analog triggers is the real thing
Hell, bring back the dualshock 2's analog face buttons too while we're at it.

Triggers are too stiff on the Logitech controller. I actually used them for years until I came across a cheap Xbone controller I planed on reselling. I kept Xbone and sold the Logitech instead.

Xbone dpad is not useful for actually controlling a character, but i really like how its shoulder pads allow you to press all four but only resting 2 fingers on the back

Attached: best.jpg (1000x667, 107K)

Xbone X gamepad or specialized direct input controller (sticks or hitboxes, hotas, wheels etc).

I think my PS3 controller is one drop away from breaking so what should I replace it with if it does, Xbox one or PS4? I've felt a Xbox one controller in my hand and it feels nice but I don't know if the d-pad is shit

ds4 is good overall, xbox isn't bad but I prefer the trigger placement on the ds4 more in terms of ergonomics