Heavy

>the literal face of TF2 and one of the most iconic vidya characters ever
>he's everyone's least played class
Why?

Attached: 1561619541432.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.potato.tf/host/Valve/Valve.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hes boring
a slow character in a fast fps

But he's my favorite class

My least played class is Sniper because it takes zero skill and it's boring as absolute fuck.

People don't find his play style as fun as the rest and I admit that. Still, he's a very useful class and fun to play for some people.

t. keeps getting backstabbed by spy

Skill cieling for heavy is easy to reach, other classes require more skill i.e. rocket jumping, sticky jumping, stair stabs, etc

>countered by the most overpowered class
Wonder why

tf2 is notorious for having a large number of spies snipers and scouts on one team, all of which give heavy a hard time

TONIGHT IS NIGHT

Attached: heavyhypetrain.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

>takes zero skill
Okay good bait made me reply.

Garbage class rivaled only by Pyro in terms of being absolute trash. Probably unfixable.

He lacks variety in his play style and everyone just shoots at him
If you play a Heavy you play a slow moving target that everyone wants to kill as soon as possible. The most game changing plays you can make are catching someone off guard or pushing through an area with an ubercharge.

Every other class has a ton of different ways to play that are at least somewhat viable. The heavy has 2 good non-reskin primaries, a few good secondaries and one that’s never useful, and some alright but sometimes situational melee weapons

He can’t do something like be a Pyroshark or a Trolldier or a Demoknigjt or a Combat Engi. You have to play Heavy the same way each time you use him and it is REALLY not fun

>He can’t do something like be a Pyroshark
Holiday Punch is a blast

Fair enough but that’s hardly an alternate playstyle

>three direct pills and hes gone
>scout getting close
>solider being solider
>the sniper class
>competent spies
>spies that fuck with their interp
Heavys a walking onahole

How would you fix Heavy’s main problem of needing to be in the thick of battle to be the most effective but also being almost instantly gunned down most of the time because he’s slow, his weapon does shit for damage if you aren’t right in front of him, and because everyone targets him as soon as they see him?

>Mowing down hordes of pub shitters who don't know dick about positioning
Only thing better is when one of the clueless shitters on your team is so impressed he switches to medic to be your personal heal slut.

Attached: 1283913837927.jpg (921x1150, 537K)

reminder to read the potato.tf interview with valve and take the hard redpill on the state of tf2

That's not a problem. He's strong on defense and shit on attack that's how he's balanced. Heavy's problem is that he's boring to play. If you want to make heavy a little more versatile then all you have to do is revert the changes on the eviction notice and dalokohs bar. Those with the tomislav and you can roam without a medic in most situations.

>kills you and your medic from the other side of the map while you can’t do anything about it

Attached: FF5017BA-FD5F-4F17-955D-404F9C484F98.png (250x308, 102K)

he's the least mobile class in a game full of incredibly mobile classes who also have as much if not more firepower than him
his power doesn't make up for his lack of movement

Reminder

Attached: 9hj2e0kj5lb11.png (899x570, 161K)

Even Engineer can be effective on offense. Why does Heavy need to have a medic up his ass and a brain dead enemy team to do the same

the fuck are you talking about? him and soldier are my most played classes.
My highest killing sprees are usually the result of a medic healing me on heavy.

>playing sniper
>ever

Attached: spy cringe comp.jpg (782x1024, 46K)

>not playing the class with the most rewarding but approachable skill curve in the game
As soon as you learn how to lead your shots and aim properly you can kill 50 percent of the player base with one hand on your dick

Reminder that what? That he is right about everything?

Heavy can be effective in pubs on offense. He's arguably the best choice for clearing out a heavily fortified last point, is a great damage sponge, and being a walking sentry can protect his team from bombing soldiers, w+m1 happy pyros, and flanking scouts. Problems arise in 5CP and at low player counts where engineer struggles too.

NOT everyone. Not sure if I’m the only one. BUT! The Heavy is actually my most played class. He is my favorite character after all (and admittedly the class I have the most fun with)

I think he is a very fair class. My biggest gripe is how the heavy medic combo often nullifies all other classes except snipers and spies. Also payload magnets kinda suck to play against.

He is my least played class, which is honestly a shame since I usually do well and have fun with him.

Sure, sticky jumps and rocket jumps can be perfected to oblivion and you can even perfect something as lame as fucking stair stabbing people. But it's not like it's your ability to chain rocket jumps or sticky jumps together that is gonna make or break the match.
Another thing is, it's not at all trivial to reach the skill ceiling, let alone do well, when play as heavy. He's one of the classes that gets ambushed the most, and to even do anything requires him to move into range where he's forced to take damage. He can't back in or out of fights very well at all, so he is required to know exactly where the enemy team is, what they are currently doing, estimate how to move in, and then commit to that. If you're clueless on how to play, you will easily get taken down by every single class. Compared to the other classes, since heavy draw so much attention while also being unable to chase or dodge,he's required to play much tactical, and more coordinated with the rest of his team.

What is a fat scout

cdn.potato.tf/host/Valve/Valve.pdf

take the blackpill

>doesnt walk out in the open like an idiot
You are not as good as you think.

Fat scout is an unsupported playstyle. They should give Heavy a primary replacement that benefits it and also redo the Family Business’ stats so it would actually be a weapon anyone would want to use

>But it's not like it's your ability to chain rocket jumps or sticky jumps together that is gonna make or break the match.
Wrong. Getting to the frontline quickly and being able to rotate quickly are essential to playing demo and soldier effectively. Imagine walking from badwater first to third vs a chain of rocket jumps. It's a huge difference. That's easily an extra minute of downtime by the end of the match. Heavy has one skill he has to learn, positioning. His weapon is not hard to use and neither is his movement. Sit on the high ground, don't peek snipers, stay alert and you are playing heavy effectively. He's not complicated.

It’s not rewarding to play heavy

Low skill unfun character, you just aim at what you want to die, if you have a medic you are generally unstoppable, I prefer Scout, Demoman and Soldier because they have far more nuance to them as characterss, less as much Demoman, but still more than Heavy

it is when you are the driving force that makes your team win

That’s not you, that’s the engineer who got you there, the medic that kept you alive, the pyro that spychecked to keep your ass from getting stabbed, and the spy and sniper that kept you from getting headshot
You are a glorified battering ram

>point and click in a position where you're in no imminent danger
>this is skillful play

Attached: 1547506695614.gif (480x270, 2.5M)

People give pyro shit for being a braindead w+m1 class, but that descriptor fits heavy much better.
Heavy has absolutely nothing going on other than holding down w and m1 and hoping for the best because the way his weapon functions very literally prevents him from doing anything else. The closest thing to any kind of technical skill he can employ is to jump around corners while revving his minigun, but then after that you're right back to w+m1.
Aside from that he's also painfully slow, completely at the mercy of the game's two instant kill classes, and generally requires a medic firmly implanted up his ass to not eat shit against decent players.
He's all around unfun to play unless you happen to be winning through factors that are completely out of your control or ability to influence.

Attached: die.gif (708x395, 1.89M)

too many babies on this board

>heavy is useless

>heavy is too easy

little, little man...

You can't play heavy with a steering wheel and still be effective and his gunfights are more about weaving in and out of cover than hugging the enemy team.

Heavy is underwhelming and predictable
Plus his slow movespeed makes him suffer more from dying unless you have an engineer that’s really on that tele and he usually dies a lot
Heavy does one thing and it’s hard to do well and most classes can do it just as well and more often due to better movement

I’ve been playing the heavy a lot lately, and I’m a Spy main.

Everyone’s least played class is engie or medic.

Seething compfag. Go play overwatch.

Sniper doss take some skill if the target is moving

Engie and medic are in my top 4. My least played is sniper.

I never said heavy was useless.
Also wasn't even talking about heavy.

Work on your reading comprehension.

He’s good fun as objective cover fire with the natascha or pubing with the slav
>when will scouts learn don’t run at a natascha heavy

I would fix it by giving the heavy a medic and good aim.

Classes shouldn’t have to depend on other classes to be effective

>>he's everyone's least played class
that's not how you spell medic

Not much you can do without making heavy obnoxious with a medic combo. Heavy being mediocre without support is probably the best way to do it.

We should remove medic then.

cringe

Nobody likes being a slow moving target.

Attached: image.jpg (676x548, 36K)

I play heavy a lot and really want a heavy update

Demoman is my least plated class.

lol dane hows the comps going?

Attached: vedditonceagainbtfod.png (827x867, 533K)

Is it that easy to get (you)s

Attached: 1472950006841.jpg (577x686, 74K)

only retards defend crits.
game would be better without them.

He’s better in the comics

Cause in the glory days of tfc he was labeled the tampon because every pussy had to use him.

I played on a No random crits/spread server back in the day and it was the the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

>what is positioning

Stay in 2fort, the adults are playing, scrub

Pushing a bottleneck with Heavy is enthrilling. Also it's the only class I get a decent kill ratio

They should really buff the steak, making punching heavies a bit more viable. Also nerf snipers.

until he has a full-time pocket medic. 450 HP plus regen mid-fight, so he'll tank 5 pills or 5 short range rockets then proceed to do over 500 damage per second in short range. Only real way to one shot him at that point is sniper since he's probably gonna have his medic spy-checking for him.

this but unironically

I should be able to get crits and no one else should