Astral chain

is the game going to be open world or no coz if it is then its looking to become my favourite switch game

Attached: pc-and-video-games-games-switch-astral-chain-nintendo.jpg (600x600, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3PojfqNtSiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It looks FUCKING awesome. See Fire Emblem i’m scared to preorder but Astral Chain I probably will without a doubt

It's not open world. The game is chapter based, with each chapter being a different part of the city. The chapters are replayable so you can go for better rankings. Kind of similar to Bayonetta, but you have the police station to walk around and choose mission instead of Bayo's chapter select screen. The levels look more open than Bayo's and there's side missions to find. Open world is a meme anyways and not every game benefits from it.

Attached: AstralChain_scrn_City_01.jpg (1920x1080, 756K)

City map is divided into zones. They didn't mark every zone on the map, so these are probably the ones you visit.

Attached: blog_map2.png (1392x1170, 523K)

Attached: blog_map1.jpg (3598x1518, 3.13M)

Someone has that new screenshot with the twins going full "charge"?

Attached: AC_iwagami_q2d8g5ta_01.jpg (1800x918, 390K)

I wonder what is this suggesting, Henshin maybe?

How you got this pic clean? in the devs blog is covered by the post title.

Lol this isn’t true at all

Ugh. The last thing this world needs is a game that promotes and glamorizes police.

I imagine thatNintendo will start to pump out astral chain vids when august start, just like right now is pumping out three houses vids like no tomorrow two weeks before the game comes out.

Right click > view background image

kek, I am stupid.

It’s true. It’s not open world and it’s 100% chapter based. All this info is readily available

Open world is overrated, fuck you open world fags.

>City map is divided into zones.
Sweet.

Attached: MetroCityMap.png (386x224, 12K)

Is this the real box art? It's not good if so.

The legions turned red when attacking their master. Also the rival character that might be your sibling is red and black and the red legions, so that image might have to do with that.

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-194925_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 825K)

Pre ordered
There's not going to be DLC right? I never buy games with DLCs until they are on sale

I'm somewhat convinced that the twin main characters looking generic is part of what makes it not as appealing at first. Do people know you can customize their appearance?

Of course. The former is a soulless piece of shit while the latter is clearly a game with lots of passion and talent behind it.

But their eyes are full blue, not red, looks like more they are getting super charge.

>The game is chapter based
Fuck that's unfortunate. Was hoping it'd be more like Automata's overworld. Still super hyped nonetheless.

The last time a Fire Emblem game looked this bad, the game ended up being good though

>generic
I am sick of this, how something designed by Masakazu Katsura with his unique artstyle can look "generic"? I must be surrounded by fucking 10 years old.

Probably since it's also the icon used in the Switch main menu

If they don't have yugioh hair they're generic.

>probably
>without a doubt
What's next, "maybe for sure"?

>Rival character that has your abilities, but is evil
I'll never get tired of this.

Attached: 1408058987610.jpg (284x285, 20K)

I swear to /m/ that this must be henshin.

if it is open world, ill prolly buy it then too

Attached: 1540570670831.jpg (680x447, 26K)

I don't think there's a single Platinum game where this doesn't happen
It even happens in Okami when Orochi or Kyuubi start using brush techniques

But user...can you kill your own twin?

Does it happen in W101? Haven't played the game yet.

That's clearly purple, not blue like their usual.

Attached: AstralChain_scrn_MovieCut_23.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

>Does it happen in W101
Yes

Attached: whatamireading.png (453x442, 311K)

Yes with Prince Vorkken

Attached: 1546752131898.png (301x302, 22K)

Yes and he's the best character in the game.

his imouto's also pretty good

>God Tier
Everyone but below

>Not enough Screentime Tier
Black
White

>Annoying tier
Pink
Luka

Some people just say that because anime style. The MCs themselves are slightly generic though because they are customizable. They don't look as unique as the rest of the cast. With Katsura's style I noticed Male MC's face resembles Barnaby's though.

Attached: T&B vs AC.jpg (1280x1328, 733K)

I really like this chapter with Red telling Vorkken his life.
>youtu.be/3PojfqNtSiI

>30fps

that's a yikes from me

yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to wait until this is on PC

Nintendo has complete ownership of this IP.

Then you have to wait for yuzu to become stable/optimized. I'm playing it on release day, and if I want I can replay it on emulator later.

It will be like every pure platinum game. It will be shitty bayo. Which is still good enough to preorder.

Fuck off back to Resetera you commie tranny

Automata's overworld was so pointless though. And Automata was chapter-based. It even had a chapter select.

Yeah but it never took you out of the overworld onto a menu like Bayonetta or DMC does.

will there be a demo

That may not be a good idea.

Aren't most of the police forces in the world the militant arm of the globalist world order though? Why do commies hate the thing they want more of?

Good thing its not a menu anymore then, you get a hub area.

Attached: astral chain - police station.webm (896x504, 2.88M)

Attached: astral chain - police station 2.webm (896x504, 2.91M)

Can you yuropoors fuck off already? You get this and you also get the Daemon x Machina one that has a sick steelbook.

Attached: astral chain collector.jpg (770x433, 57K)

And a mecha model.

Attached: astral chain - training room.webm (896x504, 2.97M)

I wish I was hyped for it. I love platinum, but ever since the reveal/actual trailers I just sort of feel lukewarm about it.

Part of me not picks the visual style, I can admit that. I think I'm worried about it being a visual mess mid combat.

I might just wait for reviews

I think that's a pretty great solution because you still stay immersed and in context of the game world but you don't need to deal with all the fluff and filler that comes with an open world that typically drags the whole experience down.

>Platinum didn't fall for the open world meme
Based Platinum

Faggot.

Bump

It's not fucking fair

I want a demo, I’m not 100% sold yet

Attached: img-artbook-01.jpg (2000x709, 252K)

Attached: img-artbook-03.jpg (2000x709, 268K)

Attached: img-artbook-04.jpg (2000x709, 289K)

please no more open world aimless wandering sandbox garbage i can't take it anymore

>I think I'm worried about it being a visual mess mid combat.
This doesn't make sense to me. Just watch the Treehouse videos. It doesn't get in the way of anything.

This looks Dominion Tank Police as fuck

Ah shit, references! Exactly what my artist friend needs!

Nice

I am having DNA'2 flashbacks.

Do you guys think an Astral Chain character would work in smash? What would their moveset be?

Attached: 32CEFB74-522C-4C29-9F01-76AE40BCD413.jpg (415x704, 246K)

Permanent joker's persona out...but acts on it's own most of the time.

Okami is a platinum game?

Clover studio wanted to break away from Capcom, so some of their key members and a lot of its staff left and formed PlatinumGames. I think I remember seeing okami art/figs in the PlatinumGames office somewhere.

It was made by the people that later made Platinum games.

but Zetman will be unlockable or not? This is important.

Yeah, she is so getting put in that office skirt.

>evil
But they're all cops.

I'm patiently awaiting one.
Why? If the game is good, then the demo will lure more people to want to purchase it. If the game is bad, then the demo will possibly reveal this and let players know not to get the full game.

Why would you NOT want a demo?

Because what happened with W101.

The W101 demo ended up doing more damage to it than good, the experimental gameplay of it was too much for the normies and playing the demo scared them from buying the game. This is one of factors that let W101 to crash and bomb.

Is that a sword or a baton?

Neat

Just because w101 had a bad demo doesn’t mean a demo is a bad idea in general.

What do you mean by most of the time?

That's the baton form, but it can transform into gladius (sword) or gun forms.

Attached: Switch_ASTRALCHAIN_E3_artwork_34.jpg (3543x5512, 1.54M)

The player can take full control of the stand but the twin will have to remain quiet and would be open to attacks.

Attached: ac_ex-baton forms.jpg (1580x2304, 503K)

I hope this can be upgrade.

>transforming weapons
Muh dick