Own this card

>own this card
>new consoles will literally be as strong as my PC
Very unbased feel, i expected to be at least slightly ahead of them.

Attached: 715hCMqip0L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1119, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WYTPgDvLkmY
youtu.be/HDq56GF-i_A
techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-founders-edition/33.html
youtube.com/watch?v=InBIs4M9BsY&t=2m
pcpartpicker.com/list/KDVf6s
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/79zpyX
techspot.com/article/1873-radeon-image-sharpening-vs-nvidia-dlss/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>actually believing the ps5 will be stronger than a 2050
Get fucked shill.

My brother 2months ago bought the same card and also overpriced ryzen, all he does is play Wotlk private server.

Attached: CtvAFIXXEAA4m-6.jpg (780x438, 33K)

Fuck off, frogposter.

PS5 will use a binned 5700XT, like the anniversary edition.

So RTX 2070S tier.

Enjoy being below that I guess.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_21.28_[2019.07.07_19.30.16].jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

Shill.

How is a system that's expected to ship in the tens of millions supposed to use "binned" cards?

Nah, PS5 will use a binned RX 5700.
So sub-RTX 2060 tier.

what videocard should I upgrade to if I want to be able to play upcoming games like Cyberpunk/OH ELDEN RING on ULTRA GRAFICS?

I also plan on upgrading my monitor of course but only once I've found a card to go with it

Attached: yuuuh.png (663x475, 33K)

How much are you willing to spend? Generally i'd suggest going for the 2070 Super unless you can afford something stronger.

>a $400 game console will be as powerful as a $500 graphics card

I bought a GTX 680 before the current generation of consoles were even out, and it still outperformed them by a significant margin even though it was only worth about $50 when I retired it. The gap between PC and console is only going to keep getting bigger as consoles become more and more like PCs while having to keep the costs as low as possible.

Attached: 2458925649.jpg (593x582, 87K)

>look up 2070 Super
>first results are this

is it that good of a card or am I getting bamboozled here?

Attached: worried laughter.png (1106x865, 229K)

LMAO imagine believing that shit

I'm not fucking with you, the Super updates to the 20 series are pretty decent.
The 2070 Super is basically a slightly weaker 2080 for the price of a 2070.

>ps5/xbox 2 will be as powerful has a high-end PC

A console hasn't been comparable to a gaming PC since the original Xbox came out you zoomers.

Console manufacturers always gimp something to cut costs, and it's always the CPU/GPU and storage.

There is no reason to not get literally the best card on the market when you are upgrading in my opinion

I got the Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme 3 years ago and still play everything under the sun on Ultra 2K with no issues

AMD IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE!

Future of 2003 - 2006

How can anyone believe this shit? PS4 and xbox couldnt even get 30 frames on 1080p games. kill yourselfs

Ps5 will be a downclocked 5700 and downclocked 3700x. a 36CU gpu and ~3ghz cpu are basically what consoles can handle with price, thermals, and size.

Imagine believing 280 watt GPU will make it into a console SoC.

Even imagining it hurts.

It isn't always the hardware though, it takes a while for developers to fully unlock the optimization of consoles

Look at things like The Last of Us on PS3 vs the games that first came out for that system

Ayo where my 970 nigs at

Attached: awwYissBoi.png (444x444, 285K)

You consoleniggers are un-fucking-real. How can you say that shit with a straight face?

Attached: 1552762868928.png (1500x1332, 442K)

>Fags still fall for the "our new consola will have revolutionary never seen before tech" meme

Attached: dissappointment.png (409x280, 123K)

SSD!!!

>NO LOADING TIMES DUE TO NEVER SEEN BEFORE SSD!

Not too mention that ps5 devkits are already out in the wild, so the specs have already been finalized.

>120 FPS 720p
>60 FPS 1080p
>30 FPS 4k
Console plebs are delusional as trannies at this point. Dont mind me just playing at 1440p @130FPS+

Attached: pf.jpg (225x225, 8K)

ps5/xbox 2 will be ryzen r3/r5 3600 with a RX570/580 at best

if you can wait for aftermarket coolers to come out, the 5700 xt ($400) beats a 2070 and nips at the heels at a 2070 super ($500).

Attached: 5700xt.png (500x970, 51K)

Nvidia goes good gen, shit gen. You should have known after a strong 10XX series that the next lot would be relatively underwhelming

>buy an expensive aftermarket cooler to make a shitty AMD card be almost as good as the slightly more expensive Nvidia card is on stock configs
Navi is shit and completely outclassed by Super and the cheaper standard RTX cards. I was looking forward to Navi, but let's not delude ourselves about how they turned out. Unless AMD cuts another $50 off the XT's price, it's not worth it.

You consider this gen of Nvidia to be shit? What are you smoking user?

Consoles RIGHT NOW are 8c, 36 CU parts. Why would it be a stretch to assume that the next gen will be the exact same hardware configurations but with next gen parts?

He is talking about the RTX series cards. They're kinda memey.

>Nvidia blatantly hiking price up with across their entire line of cards with gimmicks like RTX and DLSS
>AMD following suit
everything on the market should be $100 cheaper

>Consoles RIGHT NOW are 8 cores
OH NONONONONONONO

Attached: [email protected] (1538x928, 378K)

Well for one: The parts you listed are brand fucking new. The best you consoleniggers are gonna get is a heavily downclocked 1600 and a gimped rx 590.

You are not, and i repeat, YOU ARE NOT getting high-end gaming PC performance in a console.

Get it through your thick skull.

Attached: 1476142870818.png (364x646, 254K)

Okay but why single out Nvidia when it's an industry practice, and also it's bitfarming that is fucking us over really

Yeah they'er all overpriced, just buy last gen used if you wanna get good prices for decent performance.
The Super series prices replacing the original RTX prices is pretty neat tho honestly, i expected them to be more expensive.

Unironically my 1070 laptop > new gen consoles LMAO

do you idiots still genuinely believe consoles will go above 1080p or 30fps?

seriously?

at least it's going to be 1 thing or the other, and the 4k will most likely not even be actual 4k either.

so many generations of consoles, every fucking time you idiots think it will be the new groundbreaking gaming experience and every fucking time it's a disapointment.

get real you faggotoids.

Here. With an i5 2500K OC'd to 4.0. I just want a card and CPU upgrade combo that can run The Witcher 3 at max settings 1080p without dropping below 60fps without going complete overkill.

>6 gb
OH NO NO NO NO

This. The funniest part is the new consoles will probably be close to 1k and at best they will get 30 frames in """"""""""""""""""""""""""4k""""""""""""""""""""""""

Attached: 1562893634818s.jpg (180x250, 7K)

Does upgrading from a 1060 to a 2070S make sense?
If yes: Which processor should I get so it doesn't get bottlenecked?

Enough for the vast majority of AAA games at 1440p, you only need more for 4K.

And yet we're at the end of this gen and games barely look better than Crysis 3, a game that came out before this gen even started.

Don‘t worry.

youtu.be/HDq56GF-i_A

No physical copies, no buy

>muh crysis

The "4k" and "8k" will be up-scaled(complete with dynamic resolution scaling)1600-1800p just like it is now.

I feel kinda bad for consolefags who actually believe they are gonna get PC performance in the next generation of consoles.

haha oh ouch

I thought PC was having big issues with MHW? Is it time for me to get it now?

Yeah that's a pretty good upgrade, i'd say pair it with a 3700X or maybe 3600 if you wanna save some cash.
Only buy Intel right now if you wanna go all out on spending and get a 9900K since it still slightly leads in most games, but that'd be pretty unnecessary for you.

The RTX cards aren't worth their price. RTX is underdeveloped if it ever will be good and the overall performance improvement is mediocre

Thanks user, will look into them.

Based

>it's bitfarming that is fucking us over really
watch the video
>i expected them to be more expensive
conditioning of mainstream tech media is why they can get away with these prices, your average chucklehead will mindlessly buy it regardless of price.

Would the 1080 be a good Christmas investment for the next 3 or so years or should I wait a year from now for other cards to drop in price?

>AMD jacks up their price
>Nvidia responds in kind

not seeing how this is Nvidia's monster

You're welcome fren.
Btw, if you go with 2070S and a 3700X, i'd also say get a 1440p monitor, for 1080p a 2060S or standard 2070 would be enough for quite a long time.

Thered a 2060 mini on ebay for $429 with 8 people watching, i have a 1050ti, worth an upgrade? I just want it for new COD and FFXIV

If you can find a used 1080 for a really cheap price than sure, but i wouldn't buy it new.

Quite a few things I want to get honestly. My GPU is pretty meh but it was the only card at the time (14 months ago) that was a price I was willing to pay. So for sure I want to get 1080 but idk how realistic it is yet

Also my motherboard doesn't have bluetooth which was an oversight for me in building. So I might need to kind of rebuild all of it if I want a different motherboard

Attached: $1000 maple dollars.png (459x417, 19K)

They fixed the network issue so its all good now. PC means mod support but that also means cheats. Cheaters are rare but still occasionally there will be dumb fucks with HR999 showing up in public lobby so its up to you whether you wanna play with randos.

My man! 970 has served and still serves me really well. I still rock 1080p though but I'm not interested in anything higher yet.

I have a 1080p144hz monitor, and I'd like to play most games at high / max settings at 100+fps, ideally 144. Does the 2070S / 3700X combo make sense for that, or is it overkill?

i always feel major dread building a pc. worst part is getting the heat sink on. maybe AMD is just that cheap. only time I put an intel together there was no fucking around trying to get the buckles lined up.

There was a Crysis 3? IDK why they pissed that IP down the tubes. Could've had a Far Cry compitotor at least.

I have the same mobo. Why not just use one of your backside USB ports for bluetooth?

Right now that would probably be somewhat overkill, but it makes sense if you don't wanna have to think about upgrading again for quite a while.
Make sure to also get decently fast RAM as well though, you'll want at least 3200 Mhz, ideally higher.

Pushing the pins on a stock intel CPU cooler is a worse experience, you gotta push that shit so hard sometimes that the motherboard itself starts bending.

>Arguing hardware with console fags and mustard race (i.e. former console fags) on Yea Forums

Attached: 1524599585601.jpg (720x738, 122K)

Cool. Thanks a lot for the help, it's very much appreciated user.

>2060 mini
>$429
>on ebay
that's daylight robbery. Its $350 new and even at $350 it's still slower than a RX 5700

Kek the PS5 will be lucky to have GTX 1080 performance.

It'll just be 1070 Ti AND that's being generous.

That's only 40-50% faster than the old consoles.
If you think new consoles aren't going to be at least twice as fast as the old consoles, you are insane.

That's a scam user, for that money you could get a 5700 XT or for a little more, a 2070 Super.

So exactly what i said in the OP? The 2060 is roughly equal to the 1070 ti.

>Why not just use one of your backside USB ports for bluetooth?

...how does that work?

Attached: 1543527369082.png (822x802, 680K)

The 2060 is about on par with a 1080.
The 1660 Ti is a 1070 Ti equivalent.

It's not 2005 anymore m8, the days of huge generational performance leaps are long gone.

For me? It's the 2060 Gaming Z.

Attached: 61pE8kBYykL._SX425_.jpg (425x340, 19K)

That's not true, look at some more benchmarks.
1660ti is 1070 level, even according to Nvidia's own marketing. If it was 1070ti level they'd obviously advertise it as such.
Same for the 2060, in a few benchmarks it matches the 1080, but that's more an exception than the rule.

>upggrading now before the next consols arrive

nope. I'm waitng to build a new PC (because I know damn well everything is going to be locked to Win 10 now, fucking consolized PC shit) and just wait for the RTX 3080 or 2180 , or whatever number the next flagship card will be for the next 5 years.

shame I'll def be spending damn near 2000 bucks tho. Would have loved to have just swapped out my GPU, but .. windows 7.

Not him but just get one of those bluetooth dongles

Attached: 51ZhUdT1I1L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 17K)

This. These dongles are dirt cheap, and I'm sure you have a spare port.

techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-founders-edition/33.html
2060 is literally 2% weaker than a 1080 overall.

He means buying a USB bluetooth radio.

>PS5 will be RTX 20 series strong
Did you guys know that a fucking PS4 isn't even stronger than the GTX 700 series? You do know that, right? That's literally 4 generations behind. And you're expecting them to not do the same.

So you're gonna pay a minimum 500.00 usd for a fucking PS5 next year? Really? You think they're gonna sale you a Raytracing ready console on par with the 10 series or the 20 series for just 399.99? You fuckers are delusional.

theyve already confirmed zen 2 and navi for next gen consoles, retard

The PS4 came out in 2013 and so the GTX 700 series. I'm a mustardrace fag, but consoles aren't that far behind midrange PCs when they launch.

rdr2 is native 4k game on the xbox one x. so is far cry 5

PS4 Pro and Xbone X were 2-3 times faster than the previous generation, which at that point was 3-4 years old.

They wouldn't make a new console if it wasn't at least twice as powerful as the old generation and literally all the rumors point to this being the case.

I mean, it's basic economy. Yes, consoles are sold at a loss, but they won't sell a high tier PC, including customized / proprietary hardware and a gamepad, for 600 or less. No fucking way this is going to make money.

More like AMD couldn't compete, nvidia are jews so they raised the prices + the meme coins craze

>PS4 = Radeon 7870
HAHAHA keep thinking that

usb blutooth adaptor. plug it in, turns on, pair with blu tooth device.

>PS4 Pro and Xbone X were 2-3 times faster than the previous generation
In GPU spec and nothing else.
And performance wise they're still largely shit.

I'm with you until Black Friday.

That's almost 760 performance, it's honestly not bad for the time and for the price.

I am honestly more upset with the new SUPER cards, being that Nvidia didn't even make it to a year before revamping their current cards. Paid 380 with tax for my 2060 Ventus, and while it was a good upgrade from my 960, it still feels like a kick in the teeth now that SUPER is out.

And for what cost of the console? 800 usd? lmao

Considering the 7870 was a year old at the time it was pretty mediocre.
Unfortunately Rebrandeon struck again.

GPU spec is what graphics are about.
If you want to talk CPUs then PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will be easily 3 times as fast as the previous gen if not more.

And you believe Sony? These are the same people who said the PS2 had the power of a super computer.

sold it to some gipsy back in february so i could get a RX 580. needed something with 8 gigs of VRAM so i wouldn't get herpes

I've never built a PC but I'll need a decently powerful one in the next year or so to run some demanding software. Pic related are the specs of a laptop from work that can run it just fine. To build a pc with more or lees the same specs, how much am I looking to spend here? I've looked at some parts online but I just want to make sure to not overpay. Yes, I know you are not tech support.

Attached: 20190712_171105_1.jpg (3024x1012, 1.6M)

Dumb Nvidia shill. GCN completely wiped the floor with Kepler and Kepler refresh

I'm not saying that it was amazing or anything like that, but for a $400 system in 2013, it wasn't bad at all.
All i'm saying is that it's not unbelievable for the PS5 to come with a 2060 equivalent when the original PS4 came with something nearly as good as the brand new 760.

>tfw 1070
>cheapest 2070 is 630 CAD
>5700/2060 not big enough performance gain
fuck me

>own this card from 4 years ago
>still more powerful than ps4 pro
enjoy your 4k (scaled) peasant. ill enjoy 2k (native)

Attached: rare remorse.jpg (2048x1536, 327K)

It would have actually wiped the floor in sales too if 75% of the 200 series wasn't rebrands.

$800

who cares, console has locked down settings and forced 30 fps, you can tweak to get 60+, gsync, kb+m (choice of controller), workstation tasks, shitposting, running more than 1 program at a time, etc

You can btfo that PC for less than 1K today easily.

gtx 770
>$329 msrp
gtx 970
>$329 msrp
gtx 1070
>$379 msrp
RTX 2070
>$500 msrp
youtube.com/watch?v=InBIs4M9BsY&t=2m

The entire reasons why consoles are always behind PC is to cut cost. They can't sale you a raytracing PS5 for under 500 dollars right now. They would be losing too much money.

They are compatible with any mobo?

Thank you anons.

Attached: 1562460442631.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

700 series was all rebrands except 780 and 780ti and they were all dogshit compared to GCN.

Yes?

Do you not know how USB works?

Attached: loogi.jpg (500x695, 51K)

You really need to understand how broad of a range this describes. Zen 2 doesn't mean a 3700X equivalent. It'll more likely mean a modified 3200 or something like that. GPU is likely the same.

I got I think this one from ali express, works with DS4, haven't tried it with anything else, but I also have the official sony adapter, and 8bitdo one, they all work decent but the chinese dongle is cheapest

Attached: bt.jpg (1170x526, 87K)

You're welcome user. Any modern Ryzen or multithreaded Intel CPU would dab on your old CPU completely, a 3600 for example costs like 200something for 50% more cores and vastly higher clockspeeds.

i got one of these off amazon for like $7 and it works perfectly with my ps4 pad and bluetooth earphones

Not him but didn't they specifically mention an 8 core Zen 2?
Obviously that still doesn't mean it would be a 3700X equivalent, but at least it's something.

770 h-here...

I have a 2060 as well, but if the next gen stops targeting fake meme resolutions and superfluous details/poor optimization with a 30 fps target, then good on them. I doubt it though.

>he bought the RTX 2060 that can't properly raytrace and isn't worth the money
>he bought into a gimmick and fallen victim to a grift

Attached: 1562244892149.jpg (512x564, 41K)

I think they've said 8 core multithreaded. Still, even the PS4 is 8 cores. I could see that again at like only 3ghz or something. I wouldn't expect a full 4.5ghz 8/16 in the PS5.

It could be a custom 8 core 3200(no SMT)@2.0ghz and a custom navi-based GPU with performance equivalent to an RX 590. They kept it vague so consolefags would hype themselves up at the thought of finally getting high-end PC performance for sub 500 dollars even though that isn't gonna happen.

What a fucking retard.
>just don't buy a GPU and prices will go down!
Yeah, just like fucking DLC

>Navi is shit and completely outclassed by Super and the cheaper standard RTX cards
(you)

Attached: 1562325202159.jpg (638x1000, 61K)

>TFW I was tempted to buy a 2060 a month before the supers came out

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Right here man, never failed me, and I bet it'll crush the next gen consoles as well.

It's an SoC so it can't be a binned discrete GPU.

>Don't buy now, wait for the next batch of GPUs, they'll be WAY better, bro
Is there any way to avoid this vicious cycle?

>i5 2500k 970 master race checking in

It is though.
It draws more power, it has less features and it needs to overclock to match Nvidia stock performance.

>have GTX 970
>FFXV runs like shit with constant stuttering, but "60 fps" and 1080p
>it runs fucking fine on a base PS4
This is where I stopped, I was paying more to have a worse experience. I also stuttering in DMC5 and RE2, in DMC5 the audio was desync from cutscenes. Nier Automata also stuttering and it was just fine on the PS4.

I might still use my PC for playing, but these "console titles" I will just gonna play them on a console.

>The best you consoleniggers are gonna get is a heavily downclocked 1600 and a gimped rx 590.
(you)

Attached: 1562230739382.png (364x481, 157K)

Japs don't care about PC so their games are never optimized for it. Shame that everything worth playing comes from there.

It's not.

You've got something wrong somewhere. A 2500k and a 970 can run those fine. Except Automata, because the port is fucked on all hardware.

Bite the bullet and realise newer tech is always coming out so this will always be an issue anyway.

>970
oof ow. poor bros bought that gimped thing

>You do know that, right?
If you're going to make a post please do not phrase it like a redditor. Thank you.

DMC5 has audio desync problems on consoles too I think.

yes. wait till the consoles release, r if there is a PC game that poushes hardware enough to necessitate a real upgrade.

Did this with the %80 ti when BF 3 came out, and with the 980ti when PS4 came out.

Served me well. I would wait till a real game pushes the envelope before upgrading this time. unless youre really behinnd, it's a wait and see. I'm guessing a 980ti (which would be considered mid range) will still halve enough juice to play next gen games.

I'm just worried they'll lock these games to DX 12 and we'll have to upgrade OS. RTX looks nice, but damn, do I really need a whole new OS for it?

>It draws more power
it doesnt, its about equal
>it has less features
it has features you can actually use
> it needs to overclock to match Nvidia stock performance
it doesn't, if you overclock the 5700XT you get 2080 performance for 300$ less

PS5 is still a year and a half away. Just upgrade then when the same power GPU is only like $300.

exactly, keep buying all new cards goy! what, you're not too poor to afford it are you?
>now introducing RTX 2070 ti super duper founders edition $700

>FF XV
>Runs "fine" on base PS4
So 60 fps with stuttering isnt fine, but 20-30 fps with stuttering is fine?

>tfw bought one a month before the supers came out
No, but really, if the 5-10 fps difference is all it is, then it could've been worse. There's always better cards right around the corner anyway.

Attached: fuck this.gif (280x185, 2.64M)

sorry for the typos.

>it doesn't, if you overclock the 5700XT you get 2080 performance for 300$ less
But that's not true?
Are you seriously gonna post that cherrypicked benchmark from the thread someone made here yesterday? Overall it doesn't come close. Not to mention that saying "if you overclock it, you get X" performance is a pretty shit argument considering that X could also just be overclocked and be out of reach again.

The game doesn't stutter on the PS4, I've been playing it for like 10 hours, and if it does I don't notice it, it was fucking constant on my PC.

But the game is shit and I just stopped playing anyway.

Nier, RE2, FFXV all stutter horribly on non-pro ps4s, you smokin crack? Also I played re2 and dmc5 on gtx970 easily, check your settings and cpu, try updating your drivers past the ones that came on a disc with card.

I'll keep this in mind. Thank you again.

I'm not defending them, just saying that that BS excuse doesn't work

I already tried everything, I even bought a SSD in case that was the problem, absolutely nothing worked, I'm really done with it, I don't have time to keep messing with that stuff, I just wanted to play the fucking games. I'm done with ports of japanese games for now.

>get one of these
>it literally does not work
>at all
fucking trash

The extra ram on the cards make a difference tho.

the only reson I waited on getting them was because I wasn't finding good prices on my buid. shit still came out to around 1500 when y last build was 1200. prices really went up all around.

Decided to wait and was pleasantly surprised. tho I will still wait till I see a game that actually needs the upgrade. Cyber punk might still be good on my 980ti even if it doesn't have every bell and whistle.

Just wait until you can get a GPU that's 2-3x as powerful as your current GPU for sub-$300.
It's what I did with my FX 5600 --> 8600 GT --> HD 5770 --> HD 7870 --> R9 Fury.

>gtx 1060 is already ancient

Attached: 1562891575488.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

Very much doubt that.

>being this retarded
>not understanding price point competition and the value overclocking can add by comparison
>you don't even need to overclock the 5700XT to beat the 2070S, you overclock it to not have to buy a 2080 (which is kinda worthless anyways)

Attached: FC.png (1363x1213, 78K)

Try $1400 lel

yeah FF 15 gve me problems at first too. Had to update my GPU drivers and some other shit I forget. but my GPU was way more powerful than the 970. the ram leak on the 970 was probably the culprit, so you'd have to lower settings on the game.

>The game doesn't stutter on the PS4
What's it like being full of shit?
I played FFXV on PS4 years ago and it ran like fucking trash.

Yeah, I hope 2077 will at least be optimized decently.

people think consoles dont stutter because they have undiagnosed near-sightedness and play on TV's about 10+ feet away, then go try a pc game 1 foot from a 27" monitor where you will be more sensitive to stutters

my old 760 still does everything i need it to :^)

and it's still more than enough for 1080p60

mfw bought a Vega 56 for $330 3 months ago no regrets

Sony has always lied about the power of their upcoming console, every single generation and yet dumbasses still believe them.
Why?

I'm convinced that 90% of consolefags are legit borderline blind.

People have said that about every generation, it never ends up being the case.

This. Consolefags need to get a clue. Consoles will never EVER outclass a PC in terms of performance.

Same here.

youll be able to play at 60fps+
console wont

it all depends on optimization
a navi chip doesn't cost much to make, unlike nvidias monster-dies

Attached: FH4.png (1363x1213, 77K)

That is the one game where the XT performs that well you dishonest faggot, are you literally a paid shill?
There are very few benchmarks where it comes out ahead of the 2070S, majority of them show it placing a non-insignificant amount lower.

Attached: benchmark.png (867x522, 32K)

I would love if devs start touting 60 FPS but they will probably all chase the 4k meme and still have 30 FPS with drops.

>you will never see a giant leap in console graphics like the Dreamcast launch
>nothing but tiny increments with some added gimmick
I'll never forget the moment I took it home and started up Soul Calibur

actually the new meme this time is 8K

the delusion of console FAGGOTS never ceases to entertain me.

I remember playing Ready 2 Rumble and being blown awauy by how much depth their was to the 3D models. Previously only the N64 (specifically that bouncing box in the desert level of mario 64) wowed me with their shaders, but Dreamcast was on a nother level.

Even PS2 didn't look as nice when it came out.

lol sorry for the typos and grammatical errors. I'm going on no sleep and this blutooth keyboard sucks.

i see where he's coming from, if people just stopped putting up with these prices then we wouldn't have this issue. But yeah, there'll always be thick fucks blindly throwing money at the same product for twice the price. Best option is to buy used.

That is the one game where the 2070S performs that well you dishonest faggot, are you literally a paid shill? It cost 25% more while giving you about 2% more performance.

Attached: 5700XT_1.png (1359x1203, 59K)

my man. Those undervolts are mega juicy.

Attached: 1484820944002.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

Why do you care?
Why not play some games or something.

Attached: 1544361645684.png (1024x640, 497K)

I thought about it but relented when i saw the crazy PSU requirments.

what the FUCK were they thinking with that shit?also makes you wonder how much extra you'll end up paying in electric bills from that monster over the years.

Navi is 7nm chip and according to AMD 7nm process is twice as expensive per mm^2 of silicon as 14/16nm.

>tfw R5-1400 and 1050 Ti
be glad user

Attached: 1470374594084.png (851x780, 474K)

go back, frogs are just a part of board culture now

>now

thats why it is a small chip, captain obvious

>970
Dodged that bullet and got pic related instead.

Attached: sapphire 290.jpg (1000x999, 105K)

It's 250 mm^2, definitely more expensive than NVIDIAs TU106 found in 2060S and most likely just as expensive as TU104 used in 2070S.

>250 mm^2 vs 545 mm2
>more expensive

Attached: 1562243155093.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>muh no argument

Remember when the xbonex was supposed to be able to play games at 4k 60 fps?
pfffft

NVIDIA is using older process ("12"nm, actually rebranded 16nm) which is significantly cheaper than 7nm.

AMD raise stock voltages to ensure advertised clocks, when tweaked it can approach 1070 levels of efficiency with higher performance.

Attached: vega 56 undervolt.png (1016x622, 19K)

Will rx 580 8gb and a ryzen 5 2600 run next gen games?

AMD finally upped their video card game?

>nvidiot doesn't know that the price of a chip is determined by the cost of the wafer and how many functional dies you can draw on it
>even if the wafer is twice as expensive as nvidias, AMD has more than double the output which will always put it at cheaper than nvidia

Attached: 1562301556930.jpg (653x590, 51K)

Apparenly so. Waiting on benchmarks from aftermarket cards to see what they're really capable of.

I'd be surprised if 7nm yields were anywhere close the "12"nm NVIDIA-optimized process.

>Binned 5700XT

That's a funny way of saying cut down 5700

console 4k will just be "sharpened" upscale
1080p 60 fps

they want them at $400-500 and they are literally just AMD pcs, so $150 for CPU and $150-$200 for GPU is what you are looking at.

equivalent to a 2060 super or so.

even if it yields shittier, amd has simply more dies than nvidia and small chips can offset lower yields much better than big as fuck monstrosities

>cheaper
>7nm

kek, nvidia is holding themselves back just for extra margin on dirty cheap 12nm

The margin diff between amd and Nvidia is lol, amd aint making money

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat, no real reason to upgrade from my 390 space heater.

>itt AMDrones talking about RTX features

Attached: IMG_20190713_023547.jpg (688x1434, 683K)

You're fine, the PS5 will literally be a rebranded PS4 Pro, that's why there will be back compatibility

The absolute most you can expect from consoles is a downclocked 5700xt with a downclocked 3700x. By the end of 2020 this will be considered midrange. Consoles need to be cheap, small, and draw a low amount of power. Anyone expecting the performance of a high-end pc is just delusional.

>another nvidiot doesn't know how chip prices are calculated
12nm isnt cheap when you make 545 mm2

Attached: 1562007025616.png (645x729, 11K)

*chips
>a feature so shitty, underdeveloped, unused and overpriced not even the ones who bought it are talking about it

Attached: 1562409103918.png (400x400, 35K)

mean for

>7nm with RTX will be cheaper
>they just dont wanna make more money
kek
Huang: 7nm process rules are already being sold to foundry from founders. You can always buy them if you pay the amount they want. So what is the benefit of buying a 7 nm wafer? It goes without saying that it is performance and low power consumption. However, we are already able to produce a high-performance, low-power GPU over the competition with the 12nm FinFET process rules. That's because our engineers are designing products with good architecture. We're focused on making these better engineers more efficient products, and we don't want to pay for the extra cost but not the benefit. If you buy something high on Amazon, is it something special?

>7nm with RTX will be cheaper
if they shrink the die size, yes
his statement doesn't contradict anything I said

AMD CAS looks promising on console. Sharpened 1440p upscaled will look better and with no performance impact than blurred chekerboard rendering they had with PS4Pro and X1X

and they just secured a gravy train discount on samsung 7nm EUV

Not going to happen. It's simply too expensive. Next generation is going to be extremely challenging for console manufacturers as cost of hardware manufacturing has gone up.

Either the base consoles aren't much of an upgrade over Pro/X on the GPU side, they are very expensive ($600-700) or MS/Sony have to take huge loss on each unit sold.

yeah it's just, don't believe the hype they will actually hardware support 4k-8k, vs upscale.

Although next gen will have "pro/x" versions on launch at the high end.

the console meme just needs to end

no reason for em

These things are going to release at the end of 2020 though. Plus taking a loss on hardware is the usual console strategy anyway.

Lads, what PC can I build with £1000 ($1250) right now?

>Sharpened 1440p upscaled will look better and with no performance impact than blurred chekerboard rendering they had with PS4Pro and X1X
I would be pretty surprised. CAS is nothing special or revolutionary. It's just a conventional upscale and some sharpening on top. Which isn't to say that it's bad or anything, just that it isn't anything innovative or unheard of, I doubt the entire console industry is so dumb that they never figured out they could slap some sharpening on top of their image. Checkerboard shit renders 50% of the required pixels to fill a 4K image, rendering at 2560x1440 fills about 44%. No matter what you do afterwards, you'll still be missing around half the information a native render would have so you'll get a comparable amount of detail in the output.

>$1200 GPU
>Doesn't even reach 144 FPS
So Turn 10 doesn't know jack shit about coding outside of Xbox One hardware I suppose

pcpartpicker.com/list/KDVf6s

If my goal is 1440p/144hz should I get a 2070 super or 2080 super? I was originally going to get a 2080 regular or a 1080ti.

2080 Super is unlikely to be significantly faster than a 2080, FYI. It has very, very few extra cores.

Spend the extra money. Especially if you're also into console ports and Japanese games because they're usually not optimized.
Like even with a fucking 2070 I don't think you could get Nier Automata to run at 1440/144hz steady. That's a 2 year old game.

Ikr but Hardware Unboxed tested CAS with Battlefield V at 78% 4k (1680p) and it's sharper with minor artifacts (sharpened dof, gritty asphalt). While 1440p are still quite far from 1680p the gap are closing both for PC and consoles to have affordable "4k"

This sort of thing should only really be useful for consoles since those have to output to 4K TVs. There's no reason to not use an appropriate monitor on PC. Just buy a 1440p screen if you're not going to buy a graphics card fast enough to render native 4K, there's no reason to fuck around with upscaling garbage since nobody is forcing you to output at 4K when your system is not capable of doing so.

Isn't near a tomato nigh unplayable without community fixes on PC anyways? Heard some real bad stuff about it.

I'm using the same combo and TW3 runs flawless when you disable the memeworks that noone uses. The game is fairly old now not really worth upgrading only for that. i5's are a no go with upcoming triple A titles though so I'm making a Zen 2 system next month.

The PS4 has the equivalent of a 7870 (~$240 card back in 2013)
By the time the PS5 comes around the 2060 will be at a similar price point.
Nothing's changed.

I'm sure every dev optimizes their games for three generations ahead.

No, it's not unplayable at all. The community-made mod does have significant improvements and you shouldn't play without it, but it's not like you NEED it.

So a 2070 super is the better value, but the 2080 super is the best performance without dipping into 4 digit costs?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/79zpyX

COPE

As long as I can run games well I don't really care if my computer is better or worse than consoles.

People forgot Consoles have lower clocks, so even if PS5 uses a 5700 XT, it will be about RTX 2060 level

rtx 2000 series is being discontinued and replaced by the supers, so does it matter?

Yes, that's what it will probably end up being. 2080 Ti should still be significantly above a 2080S, going by their specs.

Bought a 2080 ti and a i9 9900k, I can play ray tracing 1440p 80fps most of the time

Feels good

The RTX makes paying a bit more for Nvidia worth it imo
the 5700 XT should be $350

not gonna happen. the only reason new games could end up giving current PCs trouble would be horrible optimization, and that's unlikely to happen because the consoles are once again using PC-like architecture. remember 2013/14. no big dip in performance happened. the dip will be slightly bigger this time because consoles will feature proper CPUs for once, so no running a brand new multiplatform title at 150 fps at launch, I'm afraid. but everything will be playable and since graphics will be the bottleneck still you will still be able to lower some settings to make the gameplay smooth enough.

Busted resolution, shit textures and you can't push it past 60 fps. It's a pretty terrible PC port. But even with an RTX card, mods and Nier Automata looking like an early PS3 game it's still going to fuck your shit up and hiccup.
I'm replaying it right now with a 2070 and even modded it still acts like an asshole every 2 minutes.

It's like Final Fantasy XIII-2, at some point Square just fucked up with the PC port.

>PS5 will use a binned 5700XT
lmao no. dumb shills and console cucks actually believe this.

This. You fucks act like console isn't just PC but more on gaming oriented which makes it a better platform. Why are you guys comparing a console that came out in 2013 to the PC with 2019 specs? Funny enough, PS4 is still a competition to PC even in all these years.

AMD CAS won't be available on consoles since it's driver-level.

>playing games at 25 fps, 900p is still a competition to playing games at 100+ fps, 1080p since the same year the consoles came out? you've been paying 60 bucks a year just to keep big boy multiplayer access in games you've already paid for so don't bring up budget considerations. if you've been playing on a current gen console since launch you've paid over 300 [fiat currency] just in online fees, cuck. add that to the launch price and a PC would have lasted you just as long with far superior performance.

>Busted resolution
Sounds like an Nvidia issue.

Attached: NieRAutomata_2017_03_18_00_48_18_035.jpg (3200x1800, 1.64M)

Consoles will use checkerboard over some trash sharpening filter

CAS can be ported to Reshade as well, it's not special

>muh performance muh grafix
Grow up.

it's not, on 1080p monitors it renders at 900p sometimes, maybe because the PS4 version does that too? i dunno

It has nothing to do with NVIDIA, the game literally sets the wrong scaling method when initializing DirectX. The first thing that the mod ever did was to simply override that and set it correctly.

>Not understanding consoles have specially designed operating systems that don't run a bunch of bull shit in the background.
>Actually believing the ps5 will be 8k(when 8k TVs are ridiculously overpriced).
Maybe what they meant was the ps5 pro.

consoles are ok but PC has torrents and emulators, making it superior.

I enjoy my PC far more than my PS4 which has only really been used for bloodborne, persona 5, and rdr2.

They're just saying the same shit they've been saying since PS2. ~its as powerful as a pc~

Sure, but PCs have a $1500+ price tag.

should have bought a 1080 ti my dude

Consoles reverse 3gb for the OS these days

>finally made the upgrade from a 970 to a vega 56 a couple months to go
>could have a 5700 xt if I just waited a month and saved an extra hundred fiddy or so
At least it runs everything.

Attached: 1511833472472.jpg (266x223, 18K)

Yea, this isn't an issue with the port (mainly because it's not a port since Nier Automata was designed with PC in mind from the getgo), it's more just the engine being shit.
Hence why the PS4 version looks like pic related and can't even maintain 60 FPS.

Attached: 1488502648645.jpg (1920x1080, 818K)

>1080p 60hz memetracing on the 6 games that support it justifies a $150 premium for a 9% performance gain

nothing maxes a 1060 at 1080p

there is no need to waste $ on the RTX meme.

>tfw didn't fall for the AMD meme

Attached: cpu is actually a 9700k 5.1GHz.jpg (783x570, 56K)

is it finally time to replace my 2700K and radeon HD 7970, or should i wait for the refresh to go with DDR5 RAM and such next year?

Attached: 1562680057053.jpg (1199x864, 178K)

>4gb 2080
LOOK AT THIS DUDE

>DRAMLess SSD
>Seagate HDD
Outside that its good.

>212 EVO instead Freezer 33 for AM4
>Shitty board
>Corsair PSU

4GB 2080s don't exist, retard. Speccy hasn't been updated since 2016 and doesn't read a whole bunch of hardware correctly.

>"binned" 5700XT on an SoC
lmfao

Attached: 1547784847872.gif (650x705, 38K)

Ps5 will be as powerful as pc with 1050 ti tops. Screencap this.

You know very well it will be just a 3400GE or a custom APU.
Otherwise it would be $600 and be a worse flop than PS3.

>be at work
>colleagues are talking about building PCs for gaming
>complaining on how everything is so expensive, that Nvidia is greedy
>suggest AMD for them, what I have
>they look to me as if I'm insane and say "AMD is underpowered garbage, it's not for gaming"

Did I get conned, is AMD really that bad?

Attached: yeahwhatever.png (640x617, 280K)

>is AMD really that bad?
no, but normies are

What games are you niggers playing that requires these ridiculous cards. Still have my 970 on 1440p and it runs all new games absolutely fine.

Ya and pci express 4

Consoles are also running all new games fine, why bother with next gen?

They're stuck in the 2015 mindset. Gonna take a bit before AMDs new shit makes an impact with the general population.

Good question

My 980Ti is still treating me real well. New releases still running at 96fps at 1600x1200 and if I start noticing slowdowns on even newer games I can always drop the resolution on my CRT and it'll still look nice.

Idiots and their money, after building a PC intel+nvidia after having amd I can say it's not fucking worth the price difference, you will have the exact same problems with unoptimized shit and deffective hardware instead you paid more for it.

I'm still holding out for navi. But if nothing comes of it, I guess I'll settle for a 2080ti.

Attached: s - 3233595 - 1boy 1girl 2080ti-kun_(sky_(freedom)) age_difference assertive bag bangs black_hair bl (846x1200, 142K)

Don't feel you have to upgrade every time a new card/chip is out. With a decent PC it will last you years, easily.

>but I need RTX

no you don't. massive FPS drop for barely any change.

Like what games are people playing? The only good graphically demanding game I can think of is Metro Exodus and RDR2 (not on PC...yet). The Witcher 3 was the milestone in GPU upgrades where people should upgrade their GPUs for the best experience, same happened with Half Life 2 / DOOM 3 / Crysis. The games released recently are not only shit, but are not graphically demanding.

Games are not developed for the newest cards but for the consoles. There will never be much difference in graphic quality compared with PC because developers did not optimized much for the PC because they make most of the money with the shitty consoles. The PCs are only useful once they equal these consoles, since theses games are meant to run the same way on every platform. So PC fags with new cards will not have better graphics but only a platform that can last longer than a console

>Unlock the optimization

right, which is why dropping $ on a 2080 is unnecessary. as long has you have a decent cpu, some ram, and a graphics card that isn't too dated, you are set for a long time.

Evga offered a program where they will take in your 9xx cards exchange for rebates on 2xxx cards. Ended up getting the 2080 $150 off, pretty good deal

Attached: 20190307_002253.jpg (2592x1944, 1.42M)

Reminder that you can make a high end PC buying used parts that costs $500 and be happy for a decade playing new games.

I heard the PS5 GPU is only going to be slightly more powerful than the Pro's GPU, if so that means in reality it'll be somewhere close to an RX 580, maybe somewhat more powerful.

Fuck off colonizer, not your board

Attached: best thing that came out of it all.gif (248x184, 1.62M)

>i7 7700
>non-k
Lmao

>implying consoles actually perform well and aren't just heavily focused on upscaling

>spending the extra $100 on the K version and pretending it matters

Enjoy your space heater

Get like a 2060 or 1070 if you can find one cheap if you really want ULTRA GRAFIX.

you're really going to need to upgrade your CPU/Mobo/RAM/etc too if you don't want to bottleneck the shit out of a GPU. Your CPU with a 2080ti will run the same as a 3700x/8700k with a 2060.

my reference one is still running strong 5 years later. Still remember when I actually got a $30 check from the class action lawsuit and it was legit and how surprised I was.

PALIT (REFERENCE) GTX 970 nigger here
It's a noisy, terrible at overclocking piece of shit, but it still runs very well. Won't be upgrading until 2020/2021

>"based on navi"
>it will use a 5700xt!

WBAHAHAHA, KEEP COPING CONSOLEFREIND

worth upgrading the cpu? keep seeing it lagging more and more behind the newer cpu's - in the meantime I already updated my gpu 3 times.

Attached: we1.png (692x486, 36K)

If you have money to waste? sure.
No? then no, just overclock it more.

It's not slow enough for an upgrade to be required but you will be running into CPU limits here and there. I'm on Haswell and it feels like it's about time to upgrade. If I had Skylake I'm not sure what I'd do, performance isn't much better than Haswell but it is much more recent, so perhaps I wouldn't want to spend money on a platform upgrade yet.

I will never respect anyone who actually bought a 680 over the competition

it will be 1070 level, when it actually comes out. by this point it will be 2 generations behind anyway.

yeah man, msi 970, run perfectly since i got it. best deal i ever had. gpu market will never be as good as 2014 era.

Objective PS5 specs:
>8c/16t @2.5 to 3.2GHz
>28 to 32 CU Navi GPU @ 1.6GHz or less
>8GB GDDR6
>16GB DDR4
>240-500GB PCI SSD
>1TB HDD
>integrated "Boobie Banner" chip to blur out female breasts

GB GDDR6
not happening. also 12GB ram is more likely.

and they already said it will have no HDD. they're using SSD.

>apu
>5700xt performance
HA.

Attached: 31 - Z8Eobbw.jpg (499x499, 28K)

4 cores is kinda bad in 2019, you generally want at least from now on for new releases and multitasking.
Depending on how much you wanna spend i'd say get either:
>Ryzen 5 3600/3600X
Great budget 6 core / 12 thread Zen 2 CPU, good enough to run any current games at decent fps.
>Ryzen 7 3700X
Great 8 core if you wanna be a bit more "future proof" and squeeze out some extra fps.
>i9 9900K
Still the best CPU for a majority of games even on stock configuration, overclocks like a motherfucker as well.
>Ryzen 9 3900X
12 core monster that's pretty close to the 9900K in a lot of game and outright beats it when it comes to any form of multithreaded productivity tasks.

Personally i'd go for the 9900K as a highend option over the 3900X, but that's really a matter of what you wanna do with your PC besides gaming.

How about a 3800x or 9700k?

>i9 9900K
>Ryzen 9 3900X
any decent mobos?

>have gtx 970
>runs at 75C playing dota 2
man, what the fuck?

3800X is pretty good, both it and 3700X are better choices than 9700K imo.
It's just that at that point you're so close to the price of the 9900K or 3900X that you might as well go for one of them, but if it happens to fit exactly into your budget then sure, it's a good choice.

I'm not very familiar with X570 mobos yet, but for the 9900K i'd personally recommend the Z390 Aorus Pro from Gigabyte, it has all the features 99% of users would ever need without breaking the bank too much. Also it looks cool.

Time to repaste your GPU, and maybe get a side case intake fan.

Anything from X570 is decent for the 3900X.

Right now I have a gtx1060 3gb, what would be a good upgrade?

Used 1070Ti or 1660.

Anything really, the 3GB version isn't a real 1060.
What's your budget for a new card?

Will the next generation cards still use 8gb vram? Gonna build a new pc soon but I'm hung up on cards only having 8gb since I want to play at 4K 60 but the only other option would be the 2080ti, which is too expensive for me.

1080 ti has 11 GB and goes relatiely "cheap" on the used market. Just make sure to buy from a credible seller.

>tfw already repasted
fug. And yea, I need to sort my fans out. I need to figure out what power splicers / connectors I need. Have two overhead fans not powered cause I don't have the right splitters.

>>can't properly raytrace

As opposed to what?

>>he bought into a gimmick and fallen victim to a grift

Rtx 2060 was the second best dollar per frame card back when I bought one in January but keep shilling I guess

maybe but it will use some 1.8ghz cpu for some reason and you are stuck again at 30 fps

Which paste?
Which GPU model(Inb4 Gigabyte)?
Did you remember to clean the old paste?

Top fans are somewhat useless to GPU temperatures but useful for your case temperatures.

New consoles might be as powerful as mid-range PC's as far as 30-60fps is concerned. Wanna run something at 144hz? Want actual high or ultra settings at 60fps? Mods? Most popular games in the world? Competitive gaming? Pirating? Most responsive controls? Input control choices like different keyboards different switches accurate mice dpi? Emulation? All only on PC. I'm glad consoles are getting more powerful but for those who care about latency, quality, and being able to do what you want PC is still better. All of the single player game streaming services will play the best through PC and you can put together a futureproof PC for budget prices again.

If AMD weren't such slow niggers and released Navi back in January with the 5700XT (1080ti perf) at $400 then I fucking would have.

>unbased

Attached: 1536348881296.png (244x354, 103K)

Did AMD really artificially neutered the RX 5700 cards because of Radeon VII?

I read some rumor that they were actually discontinuing the Radeon VII, so I doubt they neutered Navi.

noctua something rather paste. NT-H1. Cleaned the old stuff off with alcohol from the heat sink / copper and the chip itself.
GPU is MSI sadly. I guess side fans may be the play. This case isn't really impressive with how many fans it came with.1 front 2 rear maybe? Idk how I'll figure out sidefans, case doesn't come set up to do that.

If so then they kinda fucked up, 5700XT pretty much makes Radeon VII entirely obsolete.

Isopropyl alcohol?
And NT-H1 is ok as long you applied it correctly (a dot in the middle).

yes, isopropyl.
Pea sized dot in the middle. I just don't know what the deal is with these temps.

Increase fan speeds with MSI Afterburner? anyway its not like 75°C is bad, anything above 80°C is bad but ideally you want to keep it between 60 and 70°C, unless you are overclocking because you no longer give a fuck about the card since you are about to upgrade.

They gave Radeon VII way too much fucking VRAM and it made it one of the worst value cards ever launched. The 5700XT is what it should have been at launch. As a 2060 owner I'm pissed at Nvidia for Super, but I'm just as angry at AMD for releasing that piece of crap instead of Navi. I waited fucking months to build my pc only to be let down by that piece of shit. Even if it was $500 I probably would have considered it.

Jesus Christ the fucking newfags in this thread

This shit happens every fucking time a console releases everyone and their fucking mother insists it's going to match top-tier PC components and then the official release comes out, is equivalent to a mid-grade PC, people meme about it, rinse and repeat 7 years later.

Then RV7 was a rebranded MI50/MI60 (Enterprise GPU).
It was sold for a fraction of its price with gimped BIOS.
They needed something to go against the 2080 back then since both Vega cards were a joke.

This is the reason why it got discontinued so fast.

Consoles don't use unique hardware anymore, they are literally locked down PC's at this point

yea, had it 80% at 60 and 100% at 65. i'll figure something out.

Never put your fans in 100%, they wear in a exponential way, most fans are sleeve bearing fans so they last 3,000-5,000 hours at 100% but last 20,000 at 80% and 40,000 at 70%.

And the only proper fix is buy an aftermarket heatsink(pic related) but for the price it would be better to buy a used 1070.

Attached: 61qi9PWUCXL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x500, 86K)

For GPUs you want way more than a pea-sized dot.

Can you bros help me, it's been about 3 days since I've built my PC and I'm using a Ryzen 5 2600X CPU. My temperature is like 55+ when I'm only browsing the interview and 75+ when I'm playing Warframe. Is there something wrong?

technical question
does anyone have the new AMD RX 5700/5700 XT cards and tried using it in VR?
one person on /g/ and someone on leddit said they're having issues with it on both index and original HTC Vive (crashes/stuttering/frame drops/etc)
barely anyone ever benchmarks VR for some reason so I'm just going around asking in different places since this is helping me decide between a 2060 super and a 5700 XT

I have the same issue, it used to hover between 35-40 degrees idle with the stock cooler, but for the past month or two it's been significantly warmer for no reason.

The cards are having driver issues with everything right now.

What are you using to check temperature?
Stock heatsink?

Msi command center when idle and msi afterburner for gaming

>but for the past month or two it's been significantly warmer for no reason

Did you try checking what the season it is? Ambient temperature affects your PC too.

MSI Afterburner, CPU Temp and Ryzen Master all give me the same results.
And yeah, i'm using the Wraith Spire cooler that came with the 2600X.

If you have PBO on then its normal, get a better heatsink, the stock one is not good for overclocking at all to the point a cheap one like the Freezer 33 will do.

I thought that was it at first, but it's not particularly hot at my place. I also get about the same temps at night or during rainy days.

What's a pbo? Also I did activatesi game boost on once but my task manager still shows my CPU at 4.00 GHz

This is what happens when the cooler in not installed properly. It's not making even contact probably.

New Ryzen should sit at around 24-28 celsius in idle with the stock cooler.

PBO = Presission boost overdrive.
TLDR of it its auto overclocking.

Are you sure that's it?
It also draws over 1.4v most of the time, that seems like a lot and i wonder if that's maybe why it's running so hot? I'm not sure what could be causing this though, i obviously never messed with anything overclocking related.

Also another problem I'm facing is the fact my friends can hear my game sounds and YouTube when I'm on discord with them. Im using a Y splitter to connect my earphones to the PC.
Yea it's the same for me but I did mess with msi game boost and it stays 4.00GHZ even after closing it

You should also check the voltages to see if it's not sperging out on some random auto overclocking. But nah those temps are too high for idle my dude the cooler is not installed properly most likely.

Set up your audio drivers properly.

Hmm alright, i guess i'll try getting my hands on a better cooler soon and then i'll fix it.
I should also install more intake fans for sure, i only have one atm.

Lower graphics on warframe, some shit on their game makes my rig's CPU get fuck hot when only playing their game.

>inb4 squeeze grape sized blob on heatsink
You lie, fag.

Are you serious? I just got a 1660Ti a few months ago.

It's not just Warframe. DotA 2 causes it to be at 68 celcius

Right just like every console release. This will be the one to finally kill PC off by somehow selling at an 800 dollar loss.

Might need to boost cpu fan power a bit

Next year will see next gen consoles that use raytracing, making the 5700 series obsolete if it already wasn't.

>Ps5 will be as powerful as pc with 1050 ti tops.

This. 1050 ti + basic RTX capability.

The 1050 ti is a slower card than the rx 570 so you are very wrong.

When will the 30xx series of GPUS come out? I feel the GPU is the only thing i need to upgrade for CP2077

Attached: Capture.png (278x136, 7K)

9900K is redundant as it offers only marginal gaming gains over the 9700K while not being a serious contender if you also want productivity performance.

I've let it run at Auto so far
Are there any guides online?

I have an I5 2400. Is a 3700x a good upgrade from it?

Attached: tea sippy.jpg (1380x1294, 660K)

Yeah absolutely, for most people it's probably the best possible CPU choice right now.

Are there any ryzen m-atx boards that aren't garbage?

Should I get a curved monitor?

if it's 34" 21:9, sure
anything else, it's a meme

That's like going from a VW Beetle to a Ferrari 488 Pista. Im done with the boomer comparisons but yes massive difference.

About 300 ish USD or a 350$

RX 5700 or RTX 2060 Super are your choices then.
Personally i'd go for the 2060 Super.

>all these niggers forgeting about optimization

pcfags will really do everything they can to keep their delusion going. cant wait to but alk 3 next gens for the price of 1 of your "master race" gpus

If you save your allowance then by the time the console's release you can get something better?

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_12_2019 9_05_11 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

resolution and Hz are the only thing that really matter in a monitor, everything else is mostly a meme. HDR is cool sometimes.

You forgot about contrast ratio, color range, and viewing angle.

>fucking around trying to get the buckles lined up.

Yeah WTF is with that?

That's just a matter of how much you're willing to spend and what sort of monitor you want

RTX Super is $420-450 user.

oh god, putting a 212 evo onto my 8350, i'm sure it took longer than the rest of the build itself.

Ok built my PC this Wednesday.
Ryzen 5 2600X
Rtx 2060
Any game recommendations? I was considering la Noire and Witcher 3 but I heard the latter has shit combat

Monster Hunter World is really nice on PC, game looks dope on max settings and is really fun.
Don't bother installing the HD Texture Pack tho.

What kind of games do you like

witcher 3 + DLC is one of the best games you can play, ignore the combat meme it's actually fine

>Don't bother installing the HD Texture Pack tho.

He can't. It has an 8gb of vram requirement unless that's what you meant.

Yeah because it's intended to be used at 1440p or higher, at 1080p the 2060 can run it perfectly fine. You just won't see much of a difference.

I've tried MH on my PS4 I didn't really like it
Used to only play Dota on my laptop but these are the games I played on my PS4 which I liked alot
Persona
God of war
Spiderman
Souls and sekiro
Skyrim was okay
AC unity
Divinity original sin 2
Deus Ex mankind divided
I'm playing on 1080p anyways

Why didnt you buy a Ryzen 3600 instead?

I have the same rig. Currently playing DOOM and Alien: Isolation. If you only want current gen recs then DOOM still applies as well as MHW, Souls series, For Honor, any fps esport game, the Metro series...

Well it doesn't hurt to try since I've heard it has a great story too.
I suck at fps bad but Doom looks good. It doesn't have to be current gen recs

Based on your favorites I'd recommend Hellblade. Currently playing it and enjoying it a lot.

techspot.com/article/1873-radeon-image-sharpening-vs-nvidia-dlss/
>applies to any game so you can replay your older games with enhanced graphics
>can save 30% performance if you have a high res monitor

Throw your nvidia rtx cards in the trash

>my downsampling is better than your downsampling

PS5 might have backwards compatibility but only for physical games and no digital purchases, therefore PC still wins automatically.

It was later in the life cycle and the price was getting lower.

>wotlk private server
damn. how dead is it on there?

A nice female coworker just bought a 1.5k pc, after a short conversation i didn't have the heart to tell her she could cut 500 off it. She was excited and willing to spend that much, so i didn't want to ruin her 'hype' with my saving ramblings. If i was gonna ruin it, then i should be willing to assemble her an alternative, otherwise i'd just be an autistic sperg talking about pc parts.

Attached: 1379262759895.png (184x172, 3K)

My guess is that it's cpu bound
A 2080ti gets 94fps on 4k.

>he bought the old zen AFTER the 3600 reviews
actual IQlet here people

2600 is cheap as fuck at ~145 buckaroos when the stores are clearing. Thats a value you can't beat.

Yeah actual value for the next two years instead of six. At least he can easily upgrade on AM4.

Probably 500 at launch, console actually might cost 800 to make. It isn't a secret that consoles are sold at loss at launch. The parts where console manufacturers make their money are license fees for games and paid network services. Both PS3 and PS4 were most computing power per money spent on 'em when those launched and remained so more than couple months. It is their business model. At end of life of a console generation they are selling 'em at profit. Current generation consoles are very PC like when it comes to their hardware, x86 processors and radeon GPU's on one chip with bit unusual memory configuration.

I think it was PS3 where said that, but when PS2 was developed and specs were announced it had seriously good specs at the time. The thing with PS2 is that it had odd hardware that developers took a while to get used to, as result early multiplatform tittles ran better and looked better on inferior hardware like dreamcast.

Yeah, the upgrade ability is definitely attractive. I might go for discounted 3900x a few years down the line, or whenever i happen to find someone selling used for an attractive price.

>mfw slobbering retards can't afford an 800 dollar console

I've got shoes that cost more than that

Post pic.

1250 retail

Attached: foto_no_exif.jpg (4032x1960, 2.65M)

They look alright, but i think you got swindled user. Did you keep the receipt?

I bought online so there's probably an email receipt somewhere

That board is for faggots

Good, you should return them and buy 5 pairs of shoes that look just as good at 1/6th the price.

You'll fit right in with those boots!

>Brand new gaming console is as strong as the budget entry of one of the worst gpu generations ever
Really makes you think.

>I was considering la Noire
That game can be recommended regardless of hardware you play it on. It is atmospheric detective story that has been frame capped to console hardware with shitty controls and great story that has few anachronisms. Many of missions have been ripped off from great film noirs.

>have a 1070
>still running most things at 1440p 60fps+

Naw I'm good senpai

>muh optimization!
Cute. And you call other people delusional?

Either delusional or retarded

had a similar experience with my sister, except she didn't waste that much.

"downsampling" doesn't make much sense in context. DLSS is an upscaling technique. I haven't looked into radeon sharpening.

>2060
>will literally be as strong as my PC
I mean, if you think a weak GPU is strong then I can understand why you think so.

>not buying cheap workstations and slapping 150 bucks used gpus on it
It's like you want to burn money.

Either it will be so overpriced people won't buy it or the 5700 will be underclocked.

Icecrown had 10k last time I've checked

>They're kinda memey.
What does this even mean when it comes to the GPU's power?

You can never go wrong with PC.

you're subsidizing nvidia's ray-tracing ambitions if you buy such a card. the tensor cores are useful for nothing but machine learning and ray-tracing, and you're paying for them. if you're not using these features it's a bad purchase.

When you phrase it like that, then I get what you mean by memey.

this
LMFAO at all the 3.5 cucklets.

Attached: 7067344.jpg (940x940, 92K)

It could be like the ps4. Higher end chip, but down clocked to the lower chips specs.

Regardless, going from what, a HD 7950 to a navi is a big boost. Not even mentioning the cpu.

oh no no no

??? frogposts have been around longer than you, young man

Probably some Auto-overclocking feature messing up. 1.4V is a lot for Ryzen and the cause for the high temps.

>>new consoles will literally be as strong as my PC
lol

Attached: 1555426452078.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

Attached: 1555429173973.jpg (1552x2000, 825K)

YES SIDE CHEST!

I want to ugrate from a msi 1060 x 3gb to a 1660 ti x 6 just for the looks and a bit more power

Attached: Screenshot_20190713_133044.jpg (1080x1094, 274K)

What the fuck is a 1650??
Is this fake?

Attached: 81eKvO-uooL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1364, 249K)

50 is their basement bin budget model. If 60 is the regular budget gaming model then 50 is the "I just want to play CS all day" model.

Pretty happy with my Vega 64 desu

Attached: vega64.jpg (474x474, 27K)

>consoles
lmao

i know some european metrosexual that spends big money on clothes too but he's a virgin incel and it's all a cope

>I'm just worried they'll lock these games to DX 12 and we'll have to upgrade OS
Yes, fuck Win 10.

I don't know if I want to stay in this rat race or if I wanna bow out this gen and stick to classic gaming, Yea Forumsros. Maybe I should upgrade my GPU and monitor at least so I can play a few boomer shooters at 1440p 144hz. And some other meme games here and there. But no Elder Scrolls 6, GTA 6, or Three Kingdoms Total War 2.

Happy with my 970 atm, but what with next gen starting to roll around soon I imagine I'm due for an update sooner or later. 20xx series seems like a meme so far tho since RT can go fuck itself and the gains seem miniscule compared to the 10xx series. Any decent cards on the horizon? My current plan is basically to wait out next gen to launch and hope that there will be a new card somewhere around there that will future-proof me for the gen.

Attached: swoligi.jpg (320x320, 20K)

if X1X can run games 30fps native 4k then next gen which will be much more powerful will be able to hit 1440p 60fps for half of the price in which case there's no reason to own a PC anymore
considering the average player still uses a 1060 and 1080p60fps

>considering the average player still uses a 1060 and 1080p60fps
I'm playing at 150+ fps with this setup. not sure how people manage to tank their framerates below 100. 4K60 will be rare next-gen, 4K30 will be a standard, 60 fps will continue to come with lower internal resolutions. neither standard interests me whatsoever.

it runs Halo5 4K60fps

Nice $1200 rtx 2080ti bro

Don't worry, game developers will half ass everything like always and the games will run like shit on consoles. PC will likely still run much better. PS4 scared me away from consoles for good.

indeed

USB = UNIVERSAL serial port

You mean
>120fps 4k (upscaled from 720p)

baste

Attached: uprez.jpg (3840x2160, 1.32M)

>need to physically stop myself from ordering ryzen 1700 off aliexpress, get a decent used b370 board, 2*4gb 3200mhz memory, 550w psu, 240gb chink ssd, 2tb used hdd, and a used 1070
MY i7 4770 IS ENOUGH.
MY i7 4770 IS ENOUGH.

Attached: 1507926372969.jpg (590x350, 19K)

I mean, it would be good advice if people actually listened to it. But even if you convince everybody you know and then some to hold out, it doesn't matter when a metric fuckton of people still buy it.

TL;DR
>It would work if it just worked

better than 30 or 60 at any res.

>Ryzen 1700

Nigger, the 3000 series is out.

>tfw bought a 1070ti in Feb
Please help me kms

>all these buttblasted snoyggers
Doing G*d's work, user. Put me in the screencap.

>buying 2016
Im safe with 1080Ti

i got mine used for 150 euros

i've been trying to upgrade for like 6 months now but yikes lmao the gpu market is horrible right now

You're retarded.
Consoles have always been a decade behind on specs and that's not going to change.
Maybe if they start pricing systems at 1000+ like they do phones? But I don't see that happening.

8k (upscaled from 720p)
120 fps (interpolated from 30 fps, adding tons of input lag)

Attached: 1498407482265.png (1124x1124, 1.95M)

lucky

Sounds like wagecuck cope to me

Why is there always so much anti-console shitposting on Yea Forums? With Ryzen and Navi both being pretty good, the PS5 and next Xbox will both have decent mid-range specs at release. What's the point of saying they'll either be garbage or amazing when you can easily estimate where they'll be. The CPU will be a reasonably clocked 8 core and the GPU will be around an RX 5650.

>hurr durr trash
>hurr durr 2080 Ti
Fuck off retards

>it takes a while for developers to fully unlock the optimization of consoles

And with them being new consoles, do you think devs will be able to come out with optimization from the get-go? Nope.

I might expect 4k, but I would never, EVER expect even more than 60fps no matter the promises.

For me it’s paid online.

Here. Still get 60+ fps on ultra graphics for all the games I care to play so zero reason to upgrade. I'll wait until I can get 1080ti equivalent for 300€ or less.

I got a 980ti my man, gifted the 970 to a friend

>nvidia
>consoles
consoles are AMD ya doofus and aint no want anyone will put a 150w+ gpu in a console unless they want to burn to death.

Attached: 1237977458_thumbsup-terminator.gif (227x136, 1.24M)

That's on par with xbonex. The new consoles will do 4k60fps and cost between 600-800 burgers.

>4k60fps
>console
Sure user, in a 2D hidden object indie game maybe.

Got this on sale last christmas, still use my old monitor and television.

Did I do alright?
I managed to spend under 1000$ CAD hunting around for deals

Attached: Untitled.png (524x413, 22K)

What computers that came out in 1990 are capable of PS2 visuals?

CRT Monitor
>100hz 900p
>120hz 720p
>144hz 600p
>160hz 480p
Pretty based

>1070ti
>60hz

why?

>still use my old monitor and television.

Whats a good replacement monitor?
Those curved ones good?
I only use one, the tv is for anime

>Those curved ones good?
curved are meme unless you have a really large panel, its not surprise that all high end 34"+ 3440x1440p panels are curved. If you get 1080p 23" there is no reason to have it curved.

It's something to look forward to, it'll move the industry as a whole forward. All games are gimped for low-spec consoles, this way they won't be. You really wanna stay playing stripped down console ports?