Why the fuck did he investigate the crime he committed?

Why the fuck did he investigate the crime he committed?

Attached: heavy-rain-screen-05-ps4-us-18feb16.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yNeQm5aqrHo
youtube.com/watch?v=ygyzuC2dghc
youtu.be/vTZmEpfY2ZQ?t=381
twitter.com/adsk4/status/196960739410460672
silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Toluca_Lake
youtube.com/watch?v=R62vccMiP0s
youtu.be/9FsYF9quOZE
youtube.com/watch?v=242YsPPL4PU
youtube.com/watch?v=HSks2eaxytA&feature=related
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because David Cage is a fucking hack

>david cage
thats why

Muh garbage tweest that did you did not see coming cause it makes no sense

Why would you leave it to anyone else? This way you can steer everything away from yourself.

Kek. Never played it but does this actually happen?

Attached: joffo.jpg (518x374, 65K)

Yep. They also expect you to believe a fat 50+ year old can do Jet Li shit while gunning down private security chumps too. Honestly you could go on for days about the dumb shit in this “game”.

He was gathering evidence he left to destroy it

You're all fucking retards, he was collecting the evidence he left behind, which is why he burns them later.
Imagine not being able to get a David Cage game.

Attached: The_Origami_killer.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

fpbp

It's literally the perfect cover.

then why is he acting out his internal monologue as if he didn't know he was the killer?

>get excited for Heavy Rain
>find out fat guy is the killer basically on launch day
>decide not to play it anymore
Dodged a huge bullet there, thanks spoiler user.

David Cage writing is just Western Nomura writing. It's relatively simple, there's just a lot happening all at once.

He was not.
He is presented as a private investigator looking into the origami killer, but is actually just making sure that he covers his tracks.

Attached: theyhaveasealdumbass.jpg (285x177, 15K)

because

It's called lying to yourself to cope with being a horrible person.

J A S O N

I'd consider it method acting to be more convincing, and more obviously not to spoil the twist to the player.

Yeah, I get that. Now explain how utterly retarded the clockmaker scene is.

>more obviously not to spoil the twist to the player.
Why even present internal monologuing if you're just going to unrealistically alter it for the sake of a narrative? Just don't even include it at that point.

Why does Shelby kill himself if only Ethan discovers the location, but tries to kill Ethan if anyone else does?

Letting the prostitute tag along with him made sense. She had evidence he needed.
Why did he bother saving the suicidal mom? Isn't irresponsible parenting the reason he became a serial killer?

Either because Shelby is such a gigabrain he knew that he was in a videogame and thought too himself like that to fool you, or david cage make the bad game.

He was getting all the evidence that could link him to the crimes did you not play the fucking game? They literally spell it out.

Attached: 1527719505733.jpg (350x350, 35K)

Was he faking asthma? He only needed to take a huff once if memory serves correctly. Then the rest of the game he could be escaping a sinking car, gunning down 20+ guys (on one clip without reloading), and potentially having extended battles through an abandoned warehouse.

It was established that Scott likes the moms, hates the shithead fathers, the dad already walked out on that family so he knows that all he can do is hope that the mom would be able to become a good person.

Because that's what he wanted.

He just killed the dude in five nanoseconds. It's perfectly realistic.

god i hate david cage so fucking much

>all he can do is hope that the mom would be able to become a good person.
>all he can do is hope
>hope
Huh, very brilliant plan.

>the dad already walked out on that family

No he didn't he killed him.

>detective mentally lies to himself and the reader

Attached: knox.jpg (252x362, 19K)

I believe that he liked the moms up to the point where he smothered his own mom in a deleted scene.

There actually is an explanation for that, he was destroying evidence. The problem with the writing is that his scenes straight up lie to us about what happened and what he was thinking. It's a really lazy way to make a twist.

You'd think David Cage would bother to implement tiny freudian slips here and there, but nope.

>Hurr why does completely insane man who murders little boys act insane?

Attached: 1531068201231.jpg (720x405, 23K)

David Cage also has unexplained psychic links in a detective story.

Should be glad they didn't start fighting DBZ style

He's legit asthmatic, it's a strong hint (heavy breathing).
Now you realize Silent Hill 2, a nip game about a city that was sold to the devil and became the gateway to hell, has better psychology to explain why a guy smothered his wife to death, drove to Silent Hill 2 with her in the back of his car, and left her there while he went on looking for her while not remembering a thing.

Then he cuts them out because it's worse to leave them in.
He was right, but holy shit.

>Ethan goes through all his retarded trials to save his kids and prove he's a good dad
>Scott tries to murder him afterwards anyways

Attached: 1562801208964.jpg (480x300, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yNeQm5aqrHo
Faking to people is one thing, larping in your mind is super autism.

Game would have been better if Lauren was playable. Split Shelby's sections between Shelby and Lauren so he doesn't need to keep lying to the audience and stuff like the Manfred murder isn't so jarring and stupid.

Maybe replace Lauren with someone that doesn't look like a shovel though.

Attached: lauren.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

The script demanded it.

He isn't insane. He knows what he's doing and behaves completely rationally toward achieving his goals, he's just a total selfish asshole. If he plead that he wasn't in control of his actions because he was insane, he would have that quickly rejected in court.

Because he was destroying evidence that could’ve convicted him otherwise. A shitty cover, but a cover nonetheless.
Also, David Cage is a hack.

>searches for ''a father capable of giving his life for his son''
>sees a father jumping in front of a car to save his son
>still puts a bunch of other fathers through a death game
>then puts the aforementioned father through that death game despite seeing he would despite already seeing him risking his life
>then tries to murder him anyway

Attached: heavy-rain-is-gahbage.jpg (1024x666, 109K)

thanks for the spoilers asshole

Would improve it tenfold. Scenes like the Antique Shop murder make far more sense with this.

>Imagine not getting a David Cage game
But I thought Detroit had nothing to “get”?

Not always

youtube.com/watch?v=ygyzuC2dghc

>drove to Silent Hill with her in the back of his car and left her there

That's... Not what happened at all. Mary died and was buried. James just straight up started dissociating from the letter he probably wrote himself or from the trauma of Mary's final letter.

Why he triples down on Ethan will always puzzle me.
It's just bad writing though.

He doesn't try to murder Ethan if Norman and Madison are unable to get to the warehouse. He does it as punishment for thinking Ethan called the cops/journalists.

youtu.be/vTZmEpfY2ZQ?t=381

Say what you want about the stupid plot but the final level the way it can take place in several different ways depending on which characters get there is pure kino.

twitter.com/adsk4/status/196960739410460672
Wrong, Mary is in the car (trunk though), and the canon ending is himself driving the car with her in the Toluca Lake
silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Toluca_Lake
>in memory of all le cancer people died
His own father in SH4 says that James drove to SH with his wife and never came back.

Setup early with Shelby, replace him with Lauren, play the whole game as her. She'd also make for a way more convincing and better female character for caring for the baby, and hopefully convince David to drop the awful idea of him having the photographer.

JASOOOOOOOOOOOON

Hold on, I read trunk, it was actually in the backseat the way I remembered. Fuck.

Mfw I never finished Silent Hill 2 and entered a spoiler thread for it unknowingly.

Attached: 1556198936517.jpg (1440x1440, 135K)

it's ok when japan does it

Attached: deathnote.png (200x300, 100K)

The problem with David cage games is that he first decides on a bunch of cool things he wants in the game and then writes the story around those things, instead of first writing a story and then trying to make it more interesting. It explains every silly thing that happens in these games and why the characters are so inconsistent.

>canon ending is failing to follow Mary's wishes for James to move on with his life

How does that make any sense?

I want a David Cage Death Note game

me too user...me too

Attached: why god why.jpg (300x300, 31K)

Should probably watch a playthrough at this point, Super Best Friends or Vinny have nice ones. The twist getting spoiled kinda sucks, but the real meat of the narrative will still connect.

He can't escape his sins, even when he leaves with Maria she has the same cancer that killed Mary (the coughing)

Death note was well written until they had to come up with some convoluted reason for light to lose because you can't let the serial killer win in a kids manga.

twin perfect btfo

Anyone looking forward to Man of Medan?

I'm not but I'll pirate it when it comes out.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 34K)

>Should probably watch a playthrough at this point,

Kill yourself zoomer

who better?

>not making up your own ending after L dies
Retard

JASOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Jason!

Until Dawn was really fucking fun so I'm hyped for it. Hopefully they can replicate their success.

Attached: until dawn..png (1920x1080, 2.01M)

>best way to play the game is to setup a ps2 emulator because all the remakes with the terrible audio mixing have replaced them

K

Escaping his sins is not what he's doing in the good ending, he's accepting his failures, accepting Mary's failures and realizing that the self doubt and pity and depression that Silent Hill projects is his own. By mastering it and understanding Mary's true wishes for him to go on to find love again, find a purpose and live is what lets him leave peacefully. Whether Maria dies in a year or in ten, gets cured or not, its his willingness to even try that means the most.

Attached: detroit.jpg (596x698, 126K)

hes supposed to be covering his tracks, to which he ends up doing a shitty job because the player is never made aware of it and will likely befriend a hooker that can completely destroy his whole cover at any point and you effectively only get like two opportunities to "accidentally" kill her
because yes, as it turns out, david cage is a fucking hack.
i very badly want to go over everything terrible about this stupid fucking waste of time whenever i see a thread but i swear ive done this so many times over the course of nine fucking years its not even fun anymore

>You're the father I'vSHAUUUUUUN

considering how much of a fuck-up light was with the death note, it makes sense for him to get caught in the end

He tries to kill Ethan before anyone else even shows up. Neither of them even know a million cops that were never actually told the location are waiting outside at that point.

>it proved me that video games didnt have to be about killing people
>in a game where if you don't actually kill the opposition they take every opportunity to try to kill you unless your public opinion happens to be high enough from all the fucking deaths that have occurred already
truly david cage is a genius

he should have won, it was fucking stupid

how big is this guy's ego?

It is a meme that Yea Forums doesn't know he did it to cover his tracks right? right?

Better question was why did Ethan black out and have Origami figurines because it was never actually explained.

The answer to that question? Oh because he has psychic connection to fatty so when he was doing the murder he blacked and doing all kinds of weird shit but that was cut from the game so there is a literal plot hole they NEVER FUCKING ADDRESS.

the only """"reason""" I could give is that he wanted to make sure that he didn't left any clues or trails behind him but even that is retarded

>Ethan clearly jumps in front of the car to save his son
>man better test him to see if he'd sacrifice himself to save his son

I'm not saying it's well explained. I'm giving you the actual reason from the Cage man himself.

fuck off zoom zoom

>LOL U SHOULD WATCH DA BEST FRIENDS OR VINNY

Embarassing

He was covering his tracks and that’s fine. Where it breaks down is when Scott has internal dialogues with himself as to the killer’s identity.

for the 50th fucking time, you guys missed the fucking point.
Light was always supposed to lose from the beginning because the point of the fucking story is that convincing yourself of divine destiny and not recognising your own inherent human flawedness turns you into to a delusional god complex'd retard.
The literal point is to tell fucktards like you that real geniuses don't just genocide everyone they dislike and then convince themselves it's for a good purpose.
Dumb fucks

because it's exceedingly obvious that this shit was made up as they went along, up until the twist he wasn't the killer.

you are one disgusting piece of shit.

>says the guy that hasn't played silent hill 2

Of course that's the point, because it's a fucking comic for 10 year old boys. What I'm saying is that they had no good way to write that sort of ending so it ended up as a clusterfuck with weird plot devices like random geniuses showing up.

You'd think he would've read some fucking mystery novels and writing conventions when trying to make a mystery "game"

Silent playthroughs suck, I'd much rather watch either someone with background/experience that can talk about it, or someone who'll be reacting to it genuinely along with me

>The literal point is to tell fucktards like you that real geniuses don't just genocide everyone they dislike and then convince themselves it's for a good purpose.

Tell that to hitler, stalin, mao, pol pot, ghengis khan and dozens of other world leaders in history.

Genuinely kill yourself

You should come up with a good way to defeat the guy with the god complex

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: 1534990436044.jpg (254x263, 11K)

Or you could just, like, play the fucking video game

what's retarded isn't the fact he was supposed to lose from the geggining; it's that he lost that specific conflict. the way it ended felt too forced

I mean, that’s literally what he said

Lucky you. I watched it on youtube at 1.5 speed and still feel like asking for a refund.

Haha man this too easy

Pretending to be retarded still makes you retarded.

>he said, clenching his watery eyes as the rage filled him with anger

I hate this fucking hack so goddamn much

You shouldn't watch a playthrough first. But if you need a SH2 playthrough it has to be the Fungo one where he actually gets Guy Cihi to commentate on everything.

Madison doing the sexy dancing gave me a boner desu

Basically, the problem with death notes ending isn't the fact light lost, it's how he lost. The writers wrote Light as such an utterly creative genius that they left no realistic way to defeat him. So they had to start looking for unrealistic ways. It really hurt the story because what made death note so interesting was how grounded in reality it was. The supernatural shit all had very clear and specific rules to how it worked. The story was a game between light and L essentially playing a game of supernatural chess. After L lost that chess match the authors had to find SOME way for Light to lose and the only way to do that was to start changing the rules of the game. Essentially, they had light start playing chess vs people who were allowed to cheat, who didn't have to follow the rules and weren't at all grounded in realism. In doing so the authors lost what made the series special.

@470152790
Intentionally being retarded should be a permaban

They could have saved the entire game if they made it so he didn't know he was the killer, had a split personality, and was investigating himself the entire time not knowing, but his serial killer alter ego was aware and able to stay a step ahead the entire time.

It would have worked given his childhood trauma. There could have been a great moment when he discovered the truth and "fought" himself, and depending on which side won affected the ending.

>an almost dying Ethan manages to run away from an entire police force that's even using helicopters and shit
>the killer wants to find a father that truly cares about his son, finds him, oh well I'll kill him anyways lmao

Attached: beyond saving.jpg (747x891, 62K)

He's not, he never thinks anything about how he needs to catch the killer, he's only thinking about finding evidence.

>he slowly jogs all the way to his motel without being seen at all
BRAVO CAGE

>I need to find that evidence that I left
It's dumb how he never places himself at the scene.

to destroy the evidence and find any potential loose ends he had left

it's not very good writing but it's not that absurd. The "detective is actually the killer" cliche is not that new.

I still contend that the best ending would have been a more unfair one. Instead of the one we got Near and Mellow are unable to prove that Light is Kira and just shoot him out of frustration because he doesn't play by the rules so why should they.

I cried in this scene

Attached: Tom.gif (352x288, 478K)

Not even remotely the same thing, we all knew light was the killer from day 1

Rather it's the most generic obvious thing ever. You should just assume in any detective story that the detective is the killer and wait for evidence to be proven wrong.

Man I fell in love with this girl. Her actress is pretty ugly though.

it would've been fine if not for the inner monologue system and Manfred's murder

Seriously. Of all the dumb shit in David Cage games how the fuck is this your question?

>The detective is actually the killer but literally never thinks about that fact when you have access to their thoughts 24/7
Is however quite new.

Attached: manny.png (460x555, 5K)

it was pretty messy, but it still made sense. It ends the way it does because Light takes too many risks thinking that he's practically invincible, like trusting Mikami not to fuck up, and generally having no back up plan. The ending doesn't seem unbelievable at all to me t b h because it made sense with his character to build all this shit up and then fail colossally and be exposed as a delusional hack with a previous lucky streak. What specifically about it felt forced or retarded to you guys?
give me more, who cheated and how exactly did they cheat more than L? What rules were changed? They didn't write Light as an utterly creative genius at all, there are so many times that he skates by on the skin of his teeth because of how many cards and advantages he already holds as wielder of the magic death book. To me the show always made it abundantly clear that while Light was capable of pulling off a spectacle to look smart, he was nothing more than slightly above average, and made it so far because the deck was always stacked in his favour.
Literally proves my point, especially with the first three. They spent ages genociding in pursuit of autistic dreams like a kraut or communist world order, ultimately failed miserably, died, and had their legacies picked apart by their successors. Just like Light. So yeah, I will tell that to them, faggot.

>yfw this game's writing was regarded as good, even great, by journalists

Attached: fuck this gay earth.jpg (425x440, 81K)

I would say it gets pretty sketchy when they started just randomly dropping new rules related to the death note to save Light from his fatal early mistakes. Thank god you just happen to get all of your memory wiped of the death note if you give up ownership. Also very convenient that you happen to get them all back if you just touch a death note again. Just don't do it more than 6 times. Good thing you can let someone borrow the death note and use it forever while still retaining ownership.

I don't remember what evidence Shelby actually manages to collect and destroy, but given that he spends most of his spare time setting up Jigsaw traps it can't be a substantial percentage of what he actually left behind, right?

So bad writing just like numoura, got it

He was covering his tracks. The actual plot hole is his thoughts, the game blatantly lies to you.

Why indeed? He'd have to be insane to do that!
youtube.com/watch?v=R62vccMiP0s

I feel the same way about the last of us

I just noticed her man shoulders in that screenie and now I can't unsee it. The other girls in the game don't have that problem.

Not just his thoughts. Ethan and his blackouts are plot holes too since they tie to actual cut content.

I swear all you have to do is present a game as being well written for those smooth brained troglodytes to think it is

He probably thought he was above the rules and broke them to seem cool and in style when he doesn't even know why the rules exist in the first place.

Never noticed it either...thanks user.

You're obsessed with politics, you can stop at any time.

Game writing has always been garbage tier and this was slightly above that. That's worthy of some praise I suppose.

Now people praising Beyond Two Souls is actually BEYOND me.

He wasn't lying to himself. I guess him getting slim in that scene with Jayden (original, not flashback moment) was also him "lying to himself" about his weight.

>Easy to reach to the end
>Straight forward
>Simple to follow plot
>Follows the same beats as a movie
Never forget that most video game journalists wanted to be film journalists but couldn't cut it and they fucking loathe games and will blow any "cinematic experience" dry.

I'm not even going to discuss with you because you seem like a low IQ individual who didn't understand the characters at all.

>why did he lie to himself in his thoughts?
Or possibly he's thinking about the narrative the police would see when they investigate?

LIke "if I was a police officer, where would I look, who would be a suspect to them?"

>Literally proves my point, especially with the first three. They spent ages genociding in pursuit of autistic dreams like a kraut or communist world order, ultimately failed miserably, died, and had their legacies picked apart by their successors. Just like Light. So yeah, I will tell that to them, faggot.
The world was built like that so I don't know what is even your point.

Deus Ex did it better and it didn't even really do it that well. Hack idiot.

>"I should be investigating Gordi Kramer right about now. And here I am, standing in the cemetery, pouring rain, looking for the grave of a kid who's been dead for 30 years!"
He thinks, while conveniently enough not thinking about the fact he has no reason at all to investigate Kramer or that the "kid" is his little brother. But hey, Cage is a master of EMOSHION storytelling

Attached: 1562262609098.jpg (475x482, 37K)

He is only insane in few endings, where Cage decided he wanted to rip-off slasher movies. Otherwise he is the most sane person in the game.

>this was slightly above that
Not really. It's true that the story in most games is barebones, but that doesn't mean it's poorly written by default, which this one absolutely is.

Cage is a retarded writer then.

Last of Us at least has a coherent, understandable and emotional piece of writing. It's not deep, and certainly not as emotionally challenging as something like The Road, but it does a decent job.

He's primarily collecting the origami boxes that lead people to the "trial" locations, which would be very bad for Shelly if cops started staking those places out. Not only could it lead to them discovering evidence but it could also "disrupt" his experiment's genuine attempt to test fathers.

Bashed his skull

Cage is obviously a genius and so is Sheby. He is such a big brain he is leading the players on a wild goose chase making them think someone else is the killer because... wait what aren't we playing as him? Cage what the fuck is wrong with you?

>subtle
>literal jesus imagery with marcus
>gigantic RISE poster as marcus and friends RISE to climb up a skyscraper
Fuck you Cage, I bet you didn't even write 50% of Connor and Mr Krabs' script

Not to mention how hard some of those "test" are stacked against him. If remember correctly the first one is too speed down to highway against on coming traffic for like 5 miles. That isn't much of a test your resolve to save your son, it's mostly just a dice roll of how lucky you're going to get.

The Last of Us first was a zombie action game with a story. The Last of Us 2 seems more like a lesbian story game with some action.

to tie up loose ends while getting payed to do so and fuck the mom of the kid he murdered

You are fucking hopeless

It was below the writing of the most of braindead shooters. Fuck, it was way below games in the same category, like The Last fucking Express.

To destroy the evidence
Also It’s common for a serial killer to be part of the search because it makes people not suspect them.

I want one of these movie games to rip off The Thing. Maybe Supermassive can do that after Man of Medan.

Attached: the thing.jpg (630x1200, 154K)

The strenghts of tlou lie in its performances, hate on Baker all you want but him and the rest of the cast knocoed it out of the park, especially nolan north with his creepy pedo cannibal character. Also it was riding the high of peak zombie craze

>man too stupid to know that posting about streams or playthroughs in general has never been genuine on the board that lies to itself about the influence of "ecelebs"

The Last of Us was written better than some movies, so it's fair.
Heavy Rain is written like a porn movie, especially Madison's chapters.

Literally, the first Knox rule of good mystery writing is that detective CANNOT be the fucking culprit, because the reader is being shown false narrative. Shelby acts like he knows a player character is observing his mind, no one would have internal thoughts like that.

Fuck Cage.

Attached: image.jpg (1075x919, 243K)

"It's ok I can do it alright!"

t. average American child

I feel like you're fundamentally misunderstanding death note as a story. You're making it into some political thing when that was always a red herring. The story has nothing to do with morality or dictators or whatever. It's just a story of two nihilists finding purpose in trying to outsmart one another. That's what makes death note such an interesting story. It's about the dynamics in the relationship of light and L and their supernatural chess match. The truth is neither of them ever cared about the "is killing evil people" moral argument. That was just the justification the two used to find meaning. If you pay attention, light and L are basically two different takes on nihilism. D's interesting because they're both very similar people in so many different ways but they end up being the leaders of two different sides in a conflict.

That's a long way of saying you have no real argument user

You should sign all your posts like that

It's on purpose for the twist, and it sucks dick
same happened with danganronpa V3, it doesn't make sense for the narrator to hide something like this

>best way to play the game is to setup a ps2 emulator
No it's not fucking retard, the PC ports were always great, play perfectly even on toasters and there's mods for all the miniscule details only autists and console warriors care about

>the first Knox rule of good mystery writing is that detective CANNOT be the fucking culprit
Memento

Ah yes, he made the completely natural human mistake of thinking that the exceptionally talented and legendary detective known as L was one of a kind and there wasn't some crazy X-men facility pumping out Ls by the dozen. What a fool that Light Yagami was! A total and utter fool!

Imagine defending Death Note. That's some catastrophically shit writing you're defending.

There is no culprit in Memento, what do you mean? Unless I forgot something.

the protagonist cannot recall that he is the criminal that why it works there.

fpbp

Attached: youre not god.jpg (584x585, 93K)

If this is what that guy means then yeah. The main character isn't a detective but a completely unreliable narrator and that's established from the get-go.

That's retarded enough to almost to work

And he's not actually the killer, his wife killed herself by making him unknowingly overdose her

Its even worse than that because it's not just a case of the writing being unrealistic but the whole tone and theme of the story shifting. It changed from a very interesting story of two nihilistic geniuses trying to find meaning in competing with one another in some crazy supernatural chess match to some retarded mess. Death notes themes and plot line ended with L's death. Everything after that was basically a giant epilogue stapled to the ending.

He was getting rid of evidence.

Attached: mpv-shot0566ec.jpg (926x1080, 93K)

Fuck off, atleast Nomura makes things fun with his retarded shit, plus he doesn't smell his own farts and acts like his games are making gaming more cultured

Predestination

I love David Cage games because of how fucking awful and unsubtle they are, it's fantastic. I don't think he will make anything as fucking awful as Beyond Two Souls though.

While creating more evidence by playing death games at the same time. Brilliant.

Beyond two souls was absolutely embarrassing. It was SO fucking stupid holy shit. It completely blows all his other stuff out of the water in bad writing. The best part has to be where she's trying to get some dick and her ghost twin is trying to use his magic powers to stop her. One of the most hilarious things I've seen in my life.

4 IQ comparison, kys.

This thread reminded me what a great soundtrack HR had.

It doesn't help that it also fucks itself over by being completely out of order so even if you want to care about it you can't. So you go from Jodie saying I FUCKING HATE YOU GUY to I WANT TO FUCK YOU GUY!

Nomura is not a good writer and he is not a fun writer. You’re underaged or you have autism.

The most shocking part about it is that you don't have to press anything and the game will continue until the end with barely any story changes. There is basically only one path up until the final choice. It makes Heavy Rain's options look great in comparison.

that was David Cage living out his ghost cuck fantasy

Don't forget Todd quest-starring as Earl.

Attached: todd.png (540x502, 208K)

>Telling someone unironically to watch some faggots in jewtube instead of encouraging to play one if the best horror games and miss out on experience it first hand
Kill yourself you waste of human being

Attached: 1456346060679.png (982x546, 40K)

>did you not play the fucking game?
No, of course not. Who the fuck "plays" movies.

Has anyone ever brought up how every game cage has made after Indigo Prophesy follows one of the three endings/groups of that game?

>Orange clan
>Mayans and Ghost shit
>Beyond

>Purple Clan
>AI
>Detroit

>Heavy Rain
>Humanity and (cut psychic bullshit)

Is Cage a hack that can't get past three concepts?

>before Misa
10/10
>before L's death
7/10
>after L's death
4/10

>>best way to play the game is to setup a ps2 emulator because all the remakes with the terrible audio mixing have replaced them
Anyone can set it up, that is if they are not completely braindead like you are, there's fucking instructions posted every so often in here retard

Jesus I never checked before but this game actually has some quality porn.

The entire point of the New Game+ trophy Perfect Crime shows that his ideas are stupid, because to let him get away scot-free you have to do things any normal gamer would be averse to doing, and any practical/moral person would not try to do.
>make sure you kill the store owner, the boss guy, and the lady friend through inaction
>make sure both Norman and Madison die, and that if Ethan makes it to endgame that he doesn't shoot Scott
>cleanup all the fingerprints (ut at least if you were going for a clean run you might manage it
Logically, making him win means he got lucky and everyone else investigating him was either incompetent, unlucky, or not vengeful.

This always gets brought up when talking about how Fahrenheit was total nonsense, but everyone seems to forget that the climax of the story was the protagonist having a fistfight with the internet.

>all my life I was seeking for perfect father
>and now I found him, it's you
>and now I'm gonna kill you
Bravo, David!

People wouldn't investigate his stuff, if he didn't fuck up so much during his killings.

That's baffling to me, I have no idea what they were trying to do with that format. It added literally nothing to the story, it just feels like Cage saw it somewhere and thought "ah yes this is cool, I'm going to do it too".

>Hello officer, yes I did have that piece of evidence but I gave to a private detective Scott Shelby, he must still have it!

Attached: 1553785205294.jpg (355x440, 130K)

The only reason he isn't fucked over is because ALL the victims of his past trials are too retarded to bring ANY evidence to the police. The store owner kept the boxes with all the origami figures intact, meaning he didn't even open a single one yet said he "didn't understand what it meant". The suicidal woman did nothing with the phone once her husband left and died in one of the trials. The whore did nothing with the letter. We know thanks to seeing the corpse of a previous father in the factory that Shelby reuses all the tests, and really, it makes sense 'cause there's only so many buildings you can own and put tests in. If even one, ONE of the multiple other subjects brought their origami figures to the police they'd be able to either catch Shelby while he was preparing the trials or, at the very least, close down the buildings and fuck him over, or investigate who owned them. It's retarded.

Registered private detectives have rights to handle police-owned evidence in some jurisdictions

Yes but burning them without any good reason is pretty illegal and suspicious

Scott however has ties with the police. There’s even a cutscene where Scott can get arrested if you fuck up a section. But they let him go because the police knows he’s a good boy.

this

1:1 comparison, seeth harder

>Why the fuck did he investigate the crime he committed?
This is such a common cliche that it's hardly the worst problem with this game. There are thousands of mysteries where the police officer or detective in charge is just covering his own tracks.

I thought they ad-libbed the banter scenes. That's what everyone says at least. Connor and Hank was the best part of the game.
I wonder what the actors and David Cage himself think about all the gay porn it spawned.

>you aren't allowed to talk about this because there's other things

Attached: IMG_2061.jpg (1920x1917, 270K)

He would be charged for spoliation of evidence but not murder

Both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls have some great ideas, but they're executed really poorly and often really silly.

Haven't played Detroit BH yet, so I don't know how that fares.

Why was Madison’s first scene about imaginary rapists?

He would be a prime suspect for the murders, and from Ethan they get the evidences they need to convict him. He just makes things worse and worse, by trying to destroy the evidences he makes more evidences and connections to the murders.

Disagree and I think you're misunderstanding me too. I massively agree that it's more about the characters than the morality aspect, but it's multilayered. I only brought up hitler etc because I was quoting the other guy. I definitely don't think that they were going for some boring surface level political commentary about dictators or whatever, I was responding to that guy.
I think you're presenting the story as very one note, it's not JUST about L and Light finding meaning, and it's not ALL about nihilistic self justification. It's partly that, partly acknowledging certain genuine aspects of morality and nuanced shades of grey which occupy it, partly a fall from grace story about a narcissist and his delusions, partly a broad commentary on humanity and its relationship with justice and divinity, and more.
Don't let your autistic hyperfocus narrow a story down into less than the some of its parts, otherwise you'll miss a lot of good shit.

Because she's been through a lot. I don't remember the game ever explaining what exactly she's been through though, but I guess she has PTSD or something.

Nomura's more comparable to Lucas. Although I don't think anyone will miss him.

Attached: consider.png (800x917, 495K)

What loose ends?

The initial point about all the playable characters is that there's something wrong with them: Ethan with the blackouts, Madison with the insomnia, NAHMAN JAYDAN with the drug abuse and Shelby with the asthma. Supposedly she covered wars you know, and that's why she has nightmares at night. But in the final game the explanation for Ethan's blackouts were cut, Madison's nightmares are ignored after her first episode, and as said, the same happens with Shelby.

>Ethan blacks out and this is the catalyst for losing Sean
>He brings up how he's blacked out before when the Origami killer has struck
>ITS NEVER BROUGHT UP AGAIN
Bravo cage, bravo

Someone give him the SH PC infopic

>potential
Perhaps witness he didn't realize saw the crimes etc?

If nothing else they did point out they were inferior to L. With Mello it really showed.

youtu.be/9FsYF9quOZE

Attached: 1562879007265.jpg (1500x1101, 334K)

hey retard, hes a goddamn psychopath, they literally don't see reality like a normal person.

>hear your characters thoughts is a mechanic in the game
>shelby keeps asking himselft who the killer is
>and who killed the old guy in his shop

>shelby is the killer after all

fuck this game
and if you dare to defende this piece of shit I hope your mom die in her sleep tonight

Attached: 1560278883002.gif (261x253, 1.44M)

He was collecting evidence that might incriminate him, and a private detective was the perfect guise for that. Pay more attention.

Retard, there's absolutely no reason to expect that just because you memed yourself into defeating your strongest enemy, that other people won't rise to his level of greatness and challenge you again. Weren't pumping out L's by the dozen either, it was two more people who weren't even as good as L but worked together, who took literal years to even emerge as his successor. Nothing about this is even remotely unbelievable within the show's established world, where I might remind you, THERE IS A FUCKING NOTEBOOK WHICH KILLS PEOPLE. And yeah, he was a total fool for thinking he could achieve godhood with a human mind. Nothing smart about that.
Imagine being so earth-shatteringly idiotic that you throw around phrases like 'catastrophically shit writing' while obviously having no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Nigger.

>every five minutes a new retard comes in the thread arguing how it was to cover his tracks so it makes sense
Read the fucking thread, you numbskulls, this has been addressed several times

>Why the fuck did he investigate the crime he committed?
I went through a good bit of this thread to see if anyone gave the real answer and I didn't see it so here goes. Originally he didn't. He wasn't intended to be the killer. Leaks and last minute script changes made him the killer.

So he's literally only the killer because of a shuffle late in story boarding

Nigger he lost the moment he gave into his human emotions and killed L's decoy on television, thus sparking the plot off. Proved right there that he was never fit to be the god of the new world, in the end he was just like all the rest of humanity.

Attached: usaka.png (456x570, 60K)

why in the FUCK would you recommend someone watch, instead of experience, one of the GOAT games?

Attached: soi.jpg (1200x1026, 109K)

Then why give the list to Lauren?

It's cage's fetish.

so he can jack off to their false hope later

>He wasn't intended to be the killer.
Do we know who was?

Attached: 1562802608973.jpg (1200x1200, 60K)

Detroit: Become Human > Heavy Rain > Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit > that shit game that David Bowie is in > Beyond: Two Souls

The father/mother/whoever didnt turn their evidence to the police years ago when the crimes happened and were being investigated, why would they give them now that is all over?
I actually cant fucking believe the store owner didnt even open the box with the challenges, or give them to the police
I cant believe the single mother didnt give the cellphone
I dont remember if Lauren gave her evidence, but she seemed to be the only one who wasnt a complete retard, if a little emotional.

I love how people just continue to have an off topic discussion about fucking death note in a heavy rain thread.

None of the evidence was traceable to him

Was it kino?

Attached: david cage presents dragonball z.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Pastebin it

Yes. It's a flawed masterpiece.

Yes.

I didn't, nononoo I certainly didn't. game was sooo fucking good in that restaurant, and then it ends with you fighting a physical manifestation of the internet...

>ghost fleas

Shelby being the killer is not the problem, the problem is how it was executed.
The ''plot twist'' falls apart when the game explicit lies to you in not showing key scenes for the sake of the player never suspect at any moment that Shelby might be the killer.
Shelby collecting evidence just for destroying them is a cool concept and an acceptable excuse for him to be investigating his own murder, BUT the game, again, explicitly gives you the illusion of a PI hired to investigate the origami killer because on every oportunity Shelby is thinking who the killer is, how he kills his victims etc, the plot twist is not honest.
Also, this is something I truly don't understand, why target Ethan in the first place? HE SAW Ethan jumping in front of a car to save his son, how's that fit on his MO?

Attached: 1543802096344.jpg (640x856, 85K)

They're hallucinations which the Oracle uses to try to kill Lucas.

cagekino

So after finding a witness(Madison) he decides to opt for a death trap?

It's actually worth discussing unlike heavy shit

Well no one had ever managed to get that far.

Maybe he thought it was a trick since Jason somehow died even though Ethan took the hit

Whoa now that I gotta see

that's dumb
I bet there's something that was cut out, just like Ethan's blackouts makes no sense in the final game

cute sideboob

It's been out ten years, guy. Get with it.

I went looking for source to back my bullshit up but apparently denada

Must just be some BS I heard on Yea Forums at some point. Shame because the alternative is just that they're really bad writers.

Aerith dies in final fantasy 7

youtube.com/watch?v=242YsPPL4PU
This twist would've made more sense.

>THE KILLER SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN USING AN OLD TYPEWRITER
>*after cutscene the next thing right in the middle of the screen is the typewriter ON YOUR DESK before you move your character*

>thinks he can become a woman by wearing their skins
>completely rational
this movie is 10/10. very nice feminist message that went ahead of most of the stupid horror fanboi crowd.

Lol that would have been great

Okay, but like heres a question a decade in the making.
How did Jason die when Ethan took the hit?
How isn't Ethans back completely fucked for taking a car hit?
The car also only nudged them, or it would have gone over them, which wouldnt cause death, if anything Ethan broke a rib and Jasons fine.
The plot is dumb.

The only realistic thing about heavy Rian is his turbo cunt wife leaving him because women have no souls

>opening fire on innocent person
This is the dumbest thing I have yet to seen ... well it is america

What movie

JASON

Would you like to share with the class?

Different kind of typewriter tho, the one he used for the letters is in the secret room

the game is based

That's completely irrelevant to the fact that the entire scene is sequenced to literally tip you off immediately to him being the killer if you have two brain cells to put together.

Iirc there was originally supposed to be somekind of psychic link between Ethan and Shelby that formed when Ethan jumped into the car to save Jason, which was also supposed to explain why Ethan kept blacking out during the murders.

>Sequenced to tip you off to him being the killer
>Despite the fact it is sequenced to hide the fact that he is the killer from you

Are they fighting Cell or Buu in your head right now?

Detroit was only fun because of Connor and Hank

youtube.com/watch?v=HSks2eaxytA&feature=related

would make sense. I have not detected a single good line by cage so far.

user there's a thing about context and psychology, if I told you to not think about blue polar bears the fact that i mentioned blue polar bears automatically associates your mind to thinking about blue polar bears.

The fact that he mentions the killer using a typewriter immediately associates a person to think about a typewriter upon mentioning it and then at that exact moment after it finishes there is a typewriter right in the middle of the screen. That's not a fucking coincidence.

>It still mad sense
Someone copied an entire notebook so accurately that the owner couldn't tell it wasn't THEIR OWN handwriting. IN ONE NIGHT. The ending is fucking stupid and so are you.

It may not be a fucking coincidence but its fucking retarded because it does a slew of other fucking dishonest bullshit to hide the BLATANT shit which would show HE IS THE KILLER despite the story pretending to be HONEST and lying about his fucking THOUGHTS.

It isn't fucking clever WHEN YOU LIE AND THEN HINT ABOUT IT.

As bad as the the thoughts bullshit is the clockmaker scene. It's straight up dishonest storytelling. This is the opposite of how twists should be done.

the road as a movie kinda blew. I had much higher expectations for it. the ending wask inda cool but that was it.

oh fuck yeah I almost forogot about that. holy shit was that The witcher 1 tier of embarassing.

I agree it's not clever at all and it is bullshit. I'm specifically mentioning that point in the game because it was the point in the game where I was like "Wait, seriously? Who the fuck would do an obvious thing like this?" I'm convinced without a doubt that the sequence was intentional because it's such an obvious fucking way to do it but it was a complete fuckup David Cage style. There's a proper way to foreshadow something and this wasn't it.

>Game literally lies to you with Shelby's inner thoughts and the Manfred murder
>Hurr durr you should've figured it out

it is implied he's already in the institution in a very tiny shot of 1 second. Only caught it on my 3rd viewing. That movie is really good.

Good one.

You're missing the context of the psychology in that scene user, I already mentioned it in That scene was horribly executed and immediately tipped off to who the killer was because these sort of stories always have some "twist" to who the real killer is and it became pretty fucking obvious at that point. It's basically like the worst foreshadowing ever in a story.

Even if played in order, shit shill doesn't make any sense.

the silence of the lambs. just rewatched it a few weeks ago. It's a damn good feminist movie. but it's too difficult for 90% of dumbass males to see.

signed, 10% male.

Fahrenheit is better than Heavy Rain. It's first half is better than everything HR has and latter half is funnier than anything HR has. It's a win-win scenario.

His cover story still doesn't make sense and one ending even shows it.
All you had to do was to phone families of victims of Origami Killer and ask "hey, did any of you guys hired a PI?" There are only 10 max. And Lauren does it off-screen, in a what appears to me a single day.
Shit is dumb as fuck no matter how you look at it.

yes. and it has at least a semblance of choice in actual gameplay that isn't button mashing. Also the permanent insanity meter should be in more games.

You don't understand, retard. If you reach the warehouse only with Ethan, Shelby gives you a gun and gives you the chance to spare him or kill him. He walks away without putting up a fight if you spare him.

If you reach the warehouse with Ethan and at least Madison or Jayden, Shelby is unaware anyone is at the warehouse, as far as he knows only Ethan is there. When Ethan turns his back on Shelby to save his son, Shelby pulls a gun to fucking kill Ethan for no fucking reason, completely betraying every part of his character the game set up. The only reason Shelby doesn't kill Ethan right then and there is because Madison / Jayden will stop Shelby and trigger their fight scene.

What the fuck sense does this make? So she never was sick, never went to the hospital, he just killed her and drove to Silent Hill? Her illness and long suffering in hospital is a vital part to James's character. Do you Japanese videogame dick suckers even try to think about these overrated fuck ups? I used to think SH2 was mediocre but now it straight up makes no fucking sense.

fucking kek

Dude fucking what

Attached: say lentil 2.png (875x825, 681K)

Everyone knows Silent Hill is about circumcision anyway.

>he never thinks anything about how he needs to catch the killer
He does though.

How do you justify his inner monologues about catching the culprit?

He spends every night catching the culprit and shaking some answers from him using the evidences he collected.

>watching ethan be a good father inspired him to find a good father through blackmail and murder, which led him to targeting ethan years later and test his already acquired good father status, which usually ends in him trying to kill said good father
butt y?

Him collecting the evidence tying him to the crime is good writing, it's a unique twist that completely recontextualizes his interactions with the previous people, but Shelby literally thinking to himself in his private thoughts
>I HAVE TO FIND THE ORIGAMI KILLER
is stupid. David Cage games are a messy soup of some actually good ideas hamstrung by fuckstick retarded ones.

shelby is one of those people who's afraid some people are capable of reading his mind

Can't believe David Cage created his own version of Kreia