Is it actually a good game or are we just nostalgiafags?

Is it actually a good game or are we just nostalgiafags?

Attached: MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg (1000x895, 720K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2s3uLEmw8fM
youtube.com/watch?v=AYKKhBPBexI
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9VvdaLuSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s kino.

Real thoughts? A touch of both.

Just played it for the first time after liking Super.
It's better then Super in every way, to the point where I'm mad that Super wasn't more like this.

the game has an excellent soundtrack, great pixel art, and a moving story. attached to it is the dependable pokemon battle system with some additional elements. i always thought the gameplay was the weakest part of the game personally, but i didn't care because i was very invested and the gameplay is still decent enough.

so yes its good.

People only praise this game for the story. The gameplay is absolute dogshit
I wonder when people will finally admit that to themselves

>Is it actually a good game
No, it's terrible.

Attached: 1552950581576.png (507x379, 66K)

Blue and Red rescue team, maybe
But definitely not Sky, incredibly well polished besides the save ruining progression gate near the end

>critic reviews

Nigger you trashing the gameplay? GTFO

It's good for what it is but I find the praise it gets to be kind of overblown, especially regarding the story.

I think we can all at least agree that the music is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=2s3uLEmw8fM

Which progression gate are you talking about?

>Can't disprove it
Alright, tell me why the gameplay is so great then.

Kusoge Dungeon is an objectively cringe series for autistic furries

God I hated red team/ blue team. Is explorers of sky any better?

One thing I really hated was climbing 100F towers only to die at floor 88 and then getting sent back all the way back down to Floor 1.

It's Kusoge no Dungeon you filthy gaijin.

yeah honestly the story is alright for the most part (the best of it probably being bonus episode 5) but the music really elevates it to another level.
youtube.com/watch?v=AYKKhBPBexI
also the best final boss music in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9VvdaLuSs

Sky has no story mandatory 99 floor dungeons if that's your issue with the R/B.
The highest it goes in the post-story is like 40 floors or so iirc, with 99 floor dungeons being entirely optional side content.
The main gameplay is mostly the same though, with the most major improvements being story and soundtrack, though that's subjective.

Fast paced and snappy. Your always moving along. Also short cut commands were godlike.

When Dusknoir teleports you to the future world with the big tower, I was just underleveled and under-item'd to fight Primal Dialga the first time I went in

Too bad there's barely any strategy involved and you can basically get through the game braindead until like the last two bosses