Make switch

>make switch
>it can't "switch"

Attached: 598010DC7AB247D8AE5C3617D9BC7D49.jpg (1200x630, 70K)

Literally noone but autists play it docked anyway

>this is the only normal, non-gimmick Nintendo System since the SNES

I think it's quite the opposite

looks great. Will buy one. Hopefully the new Tegra inside will have better undocked perf for games like Xenoblade 2

brand recognition > catering to autists like OP

>hackers hack it
>now you may switch

The GameCube had absolutely no gimmicks unless you really count that handle. It was a straight console

I’m genuinely surprised that it doesn’t support docked mode. I figured it would cut out any superfluous features, but still allow you to buy a separate dock and controller if you happened to find you want to play it that way

Woah, that's a pretty big marketing oversight. Nintendo BTFO.

>It was a straight console
twas pretty gay if you ask me

But they went full retard with the tiny discs.

3d is a gimmick

they can probably achieve that but it doesn’t mean it can run in 1080p

I don’t see a problem with the tiny discs. They had crazy compression technology and it cut down on piracy

I have never once use the dock to play games on the TV with the switch. It's just for charging. Playing switch games on TV is retarded.

the opposite, buddy.

N64 had no gimmicks, the third prong is there to make developing games easier.

Holy cope, neck yourself sweetie.

Fake news

It still has the guide prongs next to the port on the bottom. I wonder if it actually can connect still. Obviously it’s too small for the standard dock though

The gba was pretty normal and straightforward

Howso? It’s literally just a console then. As someone who much prefers a console experience, it’s great

>Obviously it’s too small for the standard dock though
i think people don't realize this, also it's less wide so the joysticks don't let it even fit into the dock in the first place

they'd need to make a new dock for it, what's the point of selling it for $200 and deprecating the standard switch then? not to mention the thermals

cos you switch your money for it

>2019
>many games max 720p or less
>all the glaring graphical issues blown up to full screen obviousness
>those shitty little switch controllers don't charge until you reattach them to the unit anyway

What about the 3rd party docks that just connect with a USB C cable?

Will Nintendo intentionally gimp the console and prevent this?

Nintendo Switch Choices
>$300 portable system that can be docked
>$200 portable system that cannot be docked
>no version that is just a straight up home console without the shitty tablet gimmick
Fuck Nintendo so much for this shit

I think that's inevitable, desu.

Switch Pro, or Switch Home, something like that.

i mean, they're not official. nintendo isn't gonna tell their customers "yeah just buy this unofficial 3rd party accessory, good luck if it breaks your console since it isn't covered by warranty"

>but it won't break it!
that's beside the point

Switch Lite doesn't have joycons

You don't need to intentionally gimp anything. You just don't have to include the chip that allows that.

switch lite is too expensive for what you're giving up. Buying a dock secondhand is $80 straight from nintendo, add in the joycon set for another $80, and you're missing out on $160 worth of extra hardware by buying the switch lite. Should be priced at $149

I assumed this would be something along the lines of
>$200 for pure handheld experience
But if you decide you want to expand your experience it’s
>$70 for Lite Dock
>$80 for Joycon or Pro Controller
You’re paying $50 more than regular but it’s not for everyone and doesn’t lock you out if you happened to get a Lite

I don't expect any kind of endorsement, I just wonder if they will block it through software.

obviously not talking about the lite. You asked why switch sucks in docked mode.

Rumble?

it's probably what says or just some extra lines of code in the kernel

i agree they should offer a "lite dock" of some sort but i suppose they must've weighted the costs of production and stuff and decided against it

nintendo after all always makes a profit on their consoles, even the fucking wii u

you know that USB can be installed in such away to only allow otg and power right? Guaranteed this model will not have the components needed to connect to a TV via hdmi

The games perform fine on the TV user, and often bump up the resolution. Don’t get autistic on me. Also:
I want to play couch co-op. Just because you only play by yourself doesn’t mean others don’t have GFs to play with

>Rumble is a gimmick

Attached: Costanza_Boy.jpg (1450x1450, 408K)

That wasn’t me. It doesn’t suck in docked mode.

>only play games in focked mode that dont run on 720o
>get a pro controller
>Play local coop with friends
60%portable/40%docked best

Those discs were cute. Too bad they were symbolic of nearly every first-party game on the system being half baked.

I mean it was at the time it was introduced, kinda. Wasnt the dude that made that statemwnt, but thats the only thing that comes to mind

switch lite doesn't have touch screen?

nintendo usually it's selling underpowered hardware with gimmicks as reason to buy, now they sell only underpowered hardare

>portables aren’t made to be portable anymore
>bigger handhelds that you can’t fit in anything actually sell better than portable ones

I can’t stand it.

Only basedboys and trannies play in handheld mode. Prove me wrong

Attached: 308FD8FF-9DB1-46AE-AD91-8DE4E1988711.jpg (1242x1518, 701K)

Can you really call it underpowered for a handheld?

it doesn't support dicked mode because it doesn't have the performance for 720p

no way that cuck jew has actually posted this

It wasn't with the console and not necessary so I wouldn't count it as a gimmick.

Do you know what a gimmick is you turbo autist?

Fair enough

have sex

I mean, the Switch's "gimmick" is essentially just letting it plug into a TV. It doesnt effect the gameplay in any meaningful way, games dont have to be designed around it like the Wii's waggle or the Wii U's stupid brick controller

>being able to seamlessly switch between TV and portable gameplay is a gimmick
found the snoy cuck

Attached: aAxAvYg_700b.jpg (550x543, 30K)

That is by definition its gimmick, no other mainstream console allows you to do that the way the Nintendo Switch does.

N64
Gamecube
GBA
DS
3DS

wiiU controller is the best controller nintendo has ever made

>make playstation
>it can’t “play” only “watch”

Why is this a surprise?
>make system with 3D gimmick
>make a one off version with no 3D

Switch is born as a main console to rival against other main consoles, it's an hybrid that you can play handheld and now they are pointing to this target

Yeah, playing Smash with the bros on the handheld screen is a blast
actually done this, fuck that shit

Holy shit what a goddamn idiot.

But the switch lite is a dedicated handheld

3D wasn't a gimmick, it added depth to what you were seeing

It literally was a gimmick and it fucking sucked

You can switch tho.

From your PS4.

Attached: 1562517115937.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

It was not and it was fucking great

It's the exact same performance, idiot

It was a gimmick and it was great

how do you know? It's not a new soc

>already losing money that gen
>"hey how about we lose EVEN MORE money using Sony's discs!"
epic

But the screen is 720p..?

it is*

ignore him user, he's a dumbass

So gimmicks are good now?

People use the word with a negative implication, but yes they are mostly good for innovation.

No one cares OP quit being a massive faggot. It’s meant to replace the 3DS line. No one gives a single fuck about your straw man argument. Die in a fire you faggot.

Attached: 94DC1AE1-B738-4302-AD00-6EDFA87F8A49.jpg (600x611, 115K)

>better performance, resolution & visuals docked
You'd have to be retarded or a fatass to not play it docked at home,

Attached: 1296918246891.jpg (546x548, 29K)

>3DS
>3D not a gimmick

Also a better controller

>handheld
There's the gimmick

>no more tabletop with my bro
fuck u

You mean the "Wii U Pro Lite".

Attached: 01814_01_sunrichorangesum.jpg (387x387, 38K)

You seem mad. You got a miserable life, huh? Sucks man.

>i have no friends, gf, or family to spend time with

those two holes next to the USB port HAVE to be compatible with a dock, they're just not advertising or enabling it yet for some reason

Gimmick is a neutral term

AT LAST! AT LONG LAST I AM FREE OF THE NINTENDO CURSE! I am finally free bros. I am a man. Nintendo is for children. After the all the shit they have pulled, all the scams, and the abominations like Chris-chan and those fuck awful groups that want to fuck everything those poor developers make. I am no longer blinded. I am free.

Attached: 1561877010406.gif (230x199, 128K)

Uh a charaging dock duh
Like the 3DS had

>PlayStation
>nothing to play

Weird flex but okay

nice bait mate

???

Did you join PC or are you still playing with glorified children's toys?

Badabing
BadaWAHOO